The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 17]

"Gah! What unholy language is that??" Takeshi exclaimed, staring terrified at Firewing.

"I dunno Twilight" Kaylee raised her shoulders, bewildered: "Someone should have seen it come aboard, I've no idea how it managed to get in unseen"

"There's only one possible explanation...." Eva firmly said, then slowly swallowed:
"ITS A GHHOOOOOOOOOOST!!!!" she shrieked in horror.

"If there's something strange-" Takeshi quietly whispered, staring at the door: "-in your neighborhood, who you gonna call?"

"The Cooool Patrol, The Coool Patrol!" You heard Zoy's tiny voice in the radio.

"..Zoy that's not.." you heard Ashley in the background of the radio.

"Oh right... THE GHOST BUSTERS!!!" Zoy excitedly yelled through the radio.

"Mmm... lets not jump to conclusions just yet.." Lieutenant Monroe said, crouching down with a small  test tube and scooping up a part of the goo from the engine, then sealing it and placing it in her pocket.

"Stack up on the door" Kaylee called, raising her sword and hugging the wall, just next to the door where the creature had disappeared.

She waited for everyone to line up, before slowly moving her palm towards the door handle.

"...what if it really is Cthulhu??!" Eva loudly whispered.

"Shhhh!!" Monroe frowned at her.

"BREACH!" Kaylee barked and swung the door open.

As everyone burst through the door, you see a cramped maintenance room, barely 2 meters wide.
It was empty. The creature was nowhere in sight.

The only thing you see at first, is a small piece of dark leather, laying right in the middle of the floor. From this distance, you can't quite tell what it is. Kaylee grimaced in fear, and very slowly approached it.

She stretched her hand forward and carefully picked up the strange object, before inspecting it.

"....What is it?!?!" Eva loudly whispered.

"...its.." Kaylee raised an eyebrow: "...Its my old eyepatch... I left it in my cabins drawer. What's it doing here?"

You hear a low growl from the ceiling and look up. There is a ventilation shaft right above you, the entrance to it was visibly broken and was now hanging on by a thread from the ceiling. Traces of green goo are seen inside the ventilation shaft.

"Oh no... it crawled inside the ventilation.." Kaylee went pale: "It can pop up anywhere in the ship, if it crawls there!"

"Aren't the ventilation exists guarded?" Monroe called: "We did lock down the ship"

"Yes, but we don't have enough man power!" Kaylee called: "There's only one guard stationed at each ventilation exit! If he gets overpowered!..."
She reached for her radio:
"Attention all crew! The hostile creature is in the ventilation system! Stay alert! Over!"

"We have to go back to the upper decks!" Eva called: "If it reaches the Concert Hall..."

View user profile http://ultimate.forumotion.com
"Its R'lyehian" Fire answers takashies question, "I learned it from some occultists apparently if that thing is a cathulu spawn it communicates in R'lyehian. Its a very mouthfilling language actually... and it also summons abominations if used in a chant. Well more specifically creatures from the abyss but thats neither here nor there so yea." She blinks at kaylee, "Kaylee i think your eye turned into an undead blobfish." She huffs.

View user profile
There is an indignant look on the face of the purple princess. Soon after, she actually slaps her forehead, leaving a red mark.

"That cannot be the logic behind this scenario. An eyeball cannot turn into an undead blobfish, no magic can do that. Let's focus on facts, not fiction."

She points to Lisov. "Get that man checked up, see how much damage has been done to him, mentally and physically. Also, I want that slime analysis ASAP. As for keeping it in there, we could send someone in the shafts to chase the thing to where we want it."

View user profile
"Lets not use R'lyehian in a chant then.. ahahaaa..." Eva nervously laughed.

Kaylee uncomfortably twitched and froze up a bit: "...blob... fish?..." she quietly said, then broke into a short neurotic laugh:
"AAHAHAha... okay guys... you got me... that was a really good prank... you sure got meee" she slapped Eva on the shoulder:
"Okaaay.. y-you can stop nooooww, haha joke's over..." Kaylee said with a nervous smile, then slowly became serious and freaked out: "N-no, seriously.. you can stop now... stop, Stop It!"

"Its not a prank though, its not me" Eva said raising her hands in a calming manner.

"Oh my god" Kaylee covered her eyes with a trembling hand: "...you, you don't think.. my amputated eye could actually have turned into an undead blobfish right?"

"I mean" Eva began thinking: "It would explain how it got on the ship without anyone noticing. Kaylee just carried it on board in her luggage"

"Eva! You're supposed to deny that to make me feel safer!" Kaylee pouted, slightly stomping her foot.

"Hehehe... whoopsie" Eva laughed a bit, scratching the back of her head.

Monroe loudly coughed: "...back to the topic.." she looked with a serious expression at everyone: "Are we sure we should send someone into the vents? There's not a lot of room to maneuver there and we're not sure what the creature is capable of.
Trying to follow it could be really dangerous.."

Eva looked up at the goo smeared vent: "...I ain't.. going in there..."

"..if we chase it to where we want it to go, it might give us more control over the situation.." Kaylee said thinking.

"Takeshi wants to!" Eva suddenly exclaimed, pushing Takeshi towards you.

"H-Hey, wait a minute!" Takeshi called, dragging his feet.

"Muuu... Takeshi..." Eva pretended to pout: "Guys who are afraid of household pests, aren't popular you know. Do you think Penny would still want to marry you, if she knew you're afraid of a little blobfish?"

"Little?! H-How is that thing little??" Takeshi nervously called.

"Go on! Get going! You're the sworn demon slayer right?" Eva slapped him over the shoulder, making Takeshi stumble towards the middle of the room.

"...o-okay.. I guess I have no choice.." Takeshi looked up at the open vent, with sheer terror in his eyes.

Monroe frowned and quietly whispered to Eva: "...officer, that was shameless"

Eva shrugged with a very wide smirk: "What can I say, I'm a bad person"

"Right" Monroe sighed: "I'll take Lieutenant Lisov to the medical wing and deliver the goo sample to Doctor Riza"

"Thank you" Kaylee nodded, then looked at you: "...so uh.. should we send Takeshi up there? Or just head back to the upper decks, make sure all the vent exits are properly secured?"

Takeshi is looking at the vent entrance like his death sentence, but appears to be mustering his courage somehow.

Eva is off to the side, trying to suppress a giggle.

Fire thinks a moment, "what if... because that thing has such a small target and assuming it is kaylees eye as an undead blobfish we can presume our swords wont cut through it. So... what if we got violet and her weapons instead?" Fire looks to Eva, "you seem awfully kosher about the situation Eva. I also dont believe undead blob eyes are a common household pest... unless you count that one time with that necromancer who didn't realize resadual magic can seep through the floors but that wasn't nessissarily an eye more of a massive pile of bodies turning into one big mass of pulsating flesh in the middle of a basement... or that one time i met a scientist who fused the bodies of animals together. Or that one time-" she trails off into the background with her horrific tales of necromancers and scientists.

Last edited by Rain_Runner on Sun 15 Jul - 0:28; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
Before Takeshi can muster the courage, Sand takes a short dash forward and jumps up to the vent. She pulls her self up into the area then hooks both legs into the space and hangs back upside down dangling out of the vent.

"I go it. Where do you want me to chase it too?"

View user profile
Kaylee Brown wrote:"Lets not use R'lyehian in a chant then.. ahahaaa..." Eva nervously laughed.

Kaylee uncomfortably twitched and froze up a bit: "...blob... fish?..." she quietly said, then broke into a short neurotic laugh:
"AAHAHAha... okay guys... you got me... that was a really good prank... you sure got meee" she slapped Eva on the shoulder:
"Okaaay.. y-you can stop nooooww, haha joke's over..." Kaylee said with a nervous smile, then slowly became serious and freaked out: "N-no, seriously.. you can stop now... stop, Stop It!"

"Its not a prank though, its not me" Eva said raising her hands in a calming manner.

"Oh my god" Kaylee covered her eyes with a trembling hand: "...you, you don't think.. my amputated eye could actually have turned into an undead blobfish right?"

"I mean" Eva began thinking: "It would explain how it got on the ship without anyone noticing. Kaylee just carried it on board in her luggage"

"Eva! You're supposed to deny that to make me feel safer!" Kaylee pouted, slightly stomping her foot.

"Hehehe... whoopsie" Eva laughed a bit, scratching the back of her head.

Monroe loudly coughed: "...back to the topic.." she looked with a serious expression at everyone: "Are we sure we should send someone into the vents? There's not a lot of room to maneuver there and we're not sure what the creature is capable of.
Trying to follow it could be really dangerous.."

Eva looked up at the goo smeared vent: "...I ain't.. going in there..."

"..if we chase it to where we want it to go, it might give us more control over the situation.." Kaylee said thinking.

"Takeshi wants to!" Eva suddenly exclaimed, pushing Takeshi towards you.

"H-Hey, wait a minute!" Takeshi called, dragging his feet.

"Muuu... Takeshi..." Eva pretended to pout: "Guys who are afraid of household pests, aren't popular you know. Do you think Penny would still want to marry you, if she knew you're afraid of a little blobfish?"

"Little?! H-How is that thing little??" Takeshi nervously called.

"Go on! Get going! You're the sworn demon slayer right?" Eva slapped him over the shoulder, making Takeshi stumble towards the middle of the room.

"...o-okay.. I guess I have no choice.." Takeshi looked up at the open vent, with sheer terror in his eyes.

Monroe frowned and quietly whispered to Eva: "...officer, that was shameless"

Eva shrugged with a very wide smirk: "What can I say, I'm a bad person"

"Right" Monroe sighed: "I'll take Lieutenant Lisov to the medical wing and deliver the goo sample to Doctor Riza"

"Thank you" Kaylee nodded, then looked at you: "...so uh.. should we send Takeshi up there? Or just head back to the upper decks, make sure all the vent exits are properly secured?"

Takeshi is looking at the vent entrance like his death sentence, but appears to be mustering his courage somehow.

Eva is off to the side, trying to suppress a giggle.

"I don't think you're taking this nearly seriously enough." Rogue scoulds Eva "We don't know what this thing is, so we can't assume anything as to it's nature. Until we know otherwise, we have to act as if this's a relatively normal creature."

He then turns to Kaylee, "If you want my tactical advice, we need to follow a three point plan..."

He raises one finger, "One. If we only've enough men for one to guard each of the grates, then we should abandon the grates and pull the guards back to strategic corridor cross-sections where multiple guards can be posted to watch each others backs and combine their firepower, behind improvised barricades such as filing cabinets or tables. We also need to set up a constant radio contact between all guard groups to coordinate responses and follow the Unidentified Slime Monsters's movements if it appears."

He raises a second finger, "Two. We also need to keep the guests safe, but sending them all back to their rooms could be a death sentence, as the USM could just pop into each room in turn and take them out like a buffet, so keeping them all together in the concert hall should be fine for now, as long as we have plenty of guards there as well, and an efficient evacuation stratergy should the USM show up there. We could also ask for volunteers from the guests to act as temporary guards to boost numbers, and pull ship staff away from non-essential functions under the circumstances."

He raises a third finger, "And three. As for tracking the USM's progress, following it into the ventilation shafts on it's terms whilst it still has free reign's unadvisable, as since we don't know it's capabilities, it could move through them faster than us, and double back on itself and attack from behind. So we should keep out of there until we have it pinned down, and instead we should focus on finding out which section of the ventilation it's in, and systematically blocking off other sections, so that we slowly herd it into a corner where we can engage on our own terms. So far it hasn't shown any ability to cut through metal, just bash gratings in, so we could possibly erect barriers with spare sheet metal."

View user profile
Kaylee stares in awe at Rogue for a moment, then smiles and nods: "Okay, lets do just that"
She wandered off to the side and began relaying the instructions over the radio.

Eva breathed a sigh of relief: "Haa.. I'm saved, I don't have to go into vents now, hahaaa"
She looked at Firewing and grimaced a bit: "Oh god, no more ghost stories! No moar!"

"Cornering the creature.. huh.." Takeshi said, falling into thought: "The ship does have a rather large meat locker. Its a massive fridge, filled with frozen fish mostly. It connects to the ventilation system and it has rather thick walls and a heavy door, to maintain sub zero temperatures.
If we could herd it there, we could potentially seal it off in the meat locker"

Your radio briefly broke into static, before a familiar voice came through:

"Strike Team, how copy? This is Doctor Riza from the medical wing. Lieutenant Monroe just arrived with Lisov.
Preliminary examination of the patient showed signs of bruises, over Lisov's neck. It appears he was placed in a choke hold until he passed out. He remains unconscious but his condition is stable. No other injuries were found during first examination.

The nursing staff will continue from there. I am now shifting my attention to analyzing the sample you found.
I'm no chemist but I should be able to provide basic info on its composition. Will contact you again once I have an update. Riza out.
" the radio went silent.

A few moments later, Kaylee returned from her corner and nodded to you:
"Okay, Rogue's plan is in effect. Every available crew member is now focused on either guarding the Concert Hall or regrouping at strategical corridor cross sections.
They're pulling up to their assigned positions now and erecting makeshift barricades from whatever's not nailed down.
All corridor teams will report in once the blockades have been established and everyone's in their pos-"

"Bridge! Strike Team! Does anyone copy, over!!" a frantic voice suddenly rang over the radio: "This is agent Cassandra Mercer, I'm on 3rd Deck, Hall B, I just found an unconscious guard next to a broken vent! There's green goo all over the place, leading towards Hall C, over!"

"3rd Deck, that's one floor above us" Kaylee said, grimacing, then reached for her radio: "Cassandra we copy-"

"Captain!..." Cassandra cut in: "The guards radio is missing..."

"What?" Kaylee inhaled, turning pale: "......what would a blobfish want with a radio.."

Eva looked at Firewing: "We should probably get Violet. Her weapons could give us an edge, if it comes to open combat"

Fire nods "I'll go get violet. I'll call in and if any of you were compitant during the test fire you should meet us up at the concert hall."

Rain sighs, "If I remember correctly there is a unicorn specific varient of her 'Flintlock' as she calls it I highly reccomend finding a unicorn with an abundant knowlage of ice spells if that thing is indeed a liquid it has a freezing temperature and if we can take advantage of that It shouldn't be too hard to take care of."

Fire jogs off and gets moving upstairs to obtain violet and her armorments.

View user profile
Kaylee Brown wrote:Kaylee stares in awe at Rogue for a moment, then smiles and nods: "Okay, lets do just that"
She wandered off to the side and began relaying the instructions over the radio.

Eva breathed a sigh of relief: "Haa.. I'm saved, I don't have to go into vents now, hahaaa"
She looked at Firewing and grimaced a bit: "Oh god, no more ghost stories! No moar!"

"Cornering the creature.. huh.." Takeshi said, falling into thought: "The ship does have a rather large meat locker. Its a massive fridge, filled with frozen fish mostly. It connects to the ventilation system and it has rather thick walls and a heavy door, to maintain sub zero temperatures.
If we could herd it there, we could potentially seal it off in the meat locker"

Your radio briefly broke into static, before a familiar voice came through:

"Strike Team, how copy? This is Doctor Riza from the medical wing. Lieutenant Monroe just arrived with Lisov.
Preliminary examination of the patient showed signs of bruises, over Lisov's neck. It appears he was placed in a choke hold until he passed out. He remains unconscious but his condition is stable. No other injuries were found during first examination.

The nursing staff will continue from there. I am now shifting my attention to analyzing the sample you found.
I'm no chemist but I should be able to provide basic info on its composition. Will contact you again once I have an update. Riza out.
" the radio went silent.

A few moments later, Kaylee returned from her corner and nodded to you:
"Okay, Rogue's plan is in effect. Every available crew member is now focused on either guarding the Concert Hall or regrouping at strategical corridor cross sections.
They're pulling up to their assigned positions now and erecting makeshift barricades from whatever's not nailed down.
All corridor teams will report in once the blockades have been established and everyone's in their pos-"

"Bridge! Strike Team! Does anyone copy, over!!" a frantic voice suddenly rang over the radio: "This is agent Cassandra Mercer, I'm on 3rd Deck, Hall B, I just found an unconscious guard next to a broken vent! There's green goo all over the place, leading towards Hall C, over!"

"3rd Deck, that's one floor above us" Kaylee said, grimacing, then reached for her radio: "Cassandra we copy-"

"Captain!..." Cassandra cut in: "The guards radio is missing..."

"What?" Kaylee inhaled, turning pale: "......what would a blobfish want with a radio.."

"The meat locker could work as bait, as long as we make it a more attractive target than the concert hall, maybe lay trails of fish leading to it or something" Rogue nods.

As Mercer calls in, Rogue strokes his chin, "Do we know if that guard was issued with a radio in the first place? We don't currently know how intelligent this beastie is, so if the guard did have a radio, and the USM did take it, if it's of animalistic intelligeance it could just've thought it was shiny and added it to it's collection, or if it's of humanistic intelligeance it could've taken it with the intention of spreading false radio chatter as to it's location, in which case we should immediately arrange password codes between teams to confirm their identities when they call in from now on.

Also, what's in Hall C, or in that general direction? Why would the USM exit the ventilation there, was it just so that it could take the guard's radio, or is there something else in Hall C that it might want?"

View user profile
There seems to be a few thoughts on the mind of the purple pony, but she decides to speak one.
"There is a third option. This thing has no intelligence, but is controlled by someone on board. For what end, I dunno. Might be to kill everyone, might be for fun. After all..." She looks at the vent. "There are probably far more tasty objects to considder then a radio, from multiple perspectives. And if it wants to use the radio, it needs to be able to imitate human speech. And forgive me for being a sceptic, but I doubt the anthropomorphic personification of the smooze has our vocal cords, lungs or even our digestive track and brains."

She takes out her phone and types on it. "Someone should return to the passengers. Keep an eye on them in case the real culprit is amongst them. Their safety is important, but if one of them is causing it then I see no problem in punishing them for this."

She puts the phone away. "Okay, move out everyone. The more time and resources you waste here, the less likely this scenario will end happily. I'll keep watch here over this vent, in case it decides to return."

(Concert hall)

Angelo reaches into his pocket. "What the-" He checks his phone, then lets out a sigh. "Just her luck."

View user profile
"I'll head back to the passengers" Omega turns towards the exit "I've got a good idea of the smell of that thing from the residual ooze left behind. If anyone was in direct contact with it I'll be able to pick them out of the crowd."

Sand drops down from the vent "Will you be okay alone here Twilight? If this thing is going after isolated people you're a high probability for being a target"

View user profile
Blue, blonde and purple wrote:There seems to be a few thoughts on the mind of the purple pony, but she decides to speak one.
"There is a third option. This thing has no intelligence, but is controlled by someone on board. For what end, I dunno. Might be to kill everyone, might be for fun. After all..." She looks at the vent. "There are probably far more tasty objects to considder then a radio, from multiple perspectives. And if it wants to use the radio, it needs to be able to imitate human speech. And forgive me for being a sceptic, but I doubt the anthropomorphic personification of the smooze has our vocal cords, lungs or even our digestive track and brains."

She takes out her phone and types on it. "Someone should return to the passengers. Keep an eye on them in case the real culprit is amongst them. Their safety is important, but if one of them is causing it then I see no problem in punishing them for this."

She puts the phone away. "Okay, move out everyone. The more time and resources you waste here, the less likely this scenario will end happily. I'll keep watch here over this vent, in case it decides to return."

(Concert hall)

Angelo reaches into his pocket. "What the-" He checks his phone, then lets out a sigh. "Just her luck."

"It's true that we don't know its exact nature, or its capabilities. It could have the necessary organs to mimic sound, or have a cybernetic microphone implant to reproduce it, or it might just give the radio to whoever's been controlling it if they exist. I guess we just can't take any chances" Rogue muses "If there's anyway of isolating the specific radio handset the guard had which was stolen, so that it can't be used anymore, and changing radio frequency for all other radio handsets we still have wouldn't hurt..."

View user profile
(Bridge)

"A unicorn.. mmm" Zoy fell into thought. She's still sitting on Rains shoulders, quietly watching the bridge, as the crew feverishly worked at their stations.

Ashley is standing behind a large desk and is hunched over a blueprint of the ship. She keeps pointing some some of its sections and relaying orders over the radio.
It appears she's coordinating crew movement and already began blocking off certain sections of the ventilation system.

"Takeshi-san can use magic" Zoy said, hunching over and looking at Rain upside down again: "Maybe we can ask him?"

"All hands, we're switching to backup radio frequency" Ashley called into her radio, then began tinkering with it.

Zoy began climbing down from Rain's shoulders and jumped onto the ground after a moment:
"Miss Rain, I'm gonna head out to check on my papa, okay? He was at the Concert Hall when I ran o- I mean.. ahaha... when I went to explore a bit.
I remember the way there, you don't have to worry about me" She looking up at you and waved with a smile.

(Engine Deck)

"Wait, did she just say she was Cassandra Mercer?" Eva called, her eyebrows flying up: "As in, the Councilors daughter?? I didn't even know she was on the ship"

"Yeah, she keeps to herself mostly" Kaylee nodded.

"Did she call herself, agent? That's not a military title, what kind of work does she do?" Eva asked.

"She's a government agent, I'm not exactly sure w-" Kaylee began.

"She's a spook" Takeshi quietly said: "Even if you asked which agency she works for, she wouldn't say" he thought for a moment, then looked at you:
"To lure the blobfish into a trap, we must understand what attracts it. It hasn't tried eating any of the crew yet, perhaps its not a carnivore, or it was spooked before it could start eating"

"Takeshi oh my god!!!" Kaylee screamed out, waving her arms in the air: "We're talking about my crew here!!"

"Oh aaaa, I'm sorry!" Takeshi took a step back: "No one was seriously injured, is what I'm saying" he began thinking again:
"We have to figure out what attracts the creature, then use it and lure the creature into the meat locker"

Kaylee looked at you as well:
"Every guard on the ship is issued a radio. They can't begin their shift without it. They need to be able to respond and alert the ship to any issue, when something happens, if there's a fire, someone fell overboard or.. a blobfish shows up" she nervously twitched:

"If he's missing a radio, then someone took it. And the blobfish seems intent on knocking its pray out, quietly and effectively. We have to assume it has some level of intelligence.

If so, we have to assume it took the radio deliberately, to listen in on our troop movement."

She clicked on her radio: "Attention all crew, this channel has been compromised. Switch to the prearranged backup channel, over"

She lowered her radio and switched to a different channel: "There, that should do it. Whatever invader is wandering on our ship, they should have no means of knowing what channel we use as a backup. And to use the channel, you need to input an encryption code.
Only the ship crew knows it.

The creature won't be able to listen in on us anymore, and it can't broadcast on our channel either. That should take care of the security leak"

Kaylee thought for a moment: "There's nothing too special about Hall C, no strategic targets.
My guess is, the creature emerged there, because it saw a guard who was alone and isolated. A good spot to escape the ventilation system and wander deeper into the ship.

It's not gonna wander far though" Kaylee said with determination: "Now that we've barricaded strategic hall cross sections, its isolated to a small part of the ship.
One of the barricades is going to spot it sooner or later. Its just a matter of time"

"Do you think we should alert the passengers to this predicament?" Takeshi asked with worry.

"I dunno" Kaylee grimaced: "I'm worried that if we do that, it will create a panic. Three hundred people rushing towards the two small exits of the Concert Hall, it will be dangerous.
Perhaps its best they're in the dark for now... I don't know.." Kaylee bit her lower lip.

"But.. how do we have them calmly stay in the Concert Hall, where its safe?" Takeshi asked.

Kaylee thought for a moment, then dialed a number on her cellphone. After a few moments, someone picked up.

"Oh hey Kaylee hows it going?" an outgoing, happy voice came from the other end of the phone: "Did you enjoy the concert?"

"Hey Penny" Kaylee smiled: "Yeah, it was fantastic. Are you guys done already?"

"Yeah, we're just about to wrap up" Penny excitedly answered.

"Hey can you uhhh... stall the concert?...." Kaylee asked uneasily.

"...stall?.. the concert?" Penny asked a bit in confusion.

"Y-yeah.. do you have any Bonus Songs you can sing? It would really help us out.. ehehee..." Kaylee sheepishly said.

"S-sure?..." Penny called in confusion: ".. is this about the emergency call you had earlier"

"Yeah" Kaylee quietly said.

"Okay! Leave it to us!" Penny said with determination.

"Thanks. Say hi to my grandmother for me, okay?" Kaylee said with a smile.

"Will do" Penny said. You briefly heard the sounds of the crowd for a few moments, before Penny's voice rang louder: "HEY EVERYONE! BONUS SOOOONG!!!"

The crowd started cheering and the call disconnected.

"Hopefully this will buy us some time" Kaylee said with worry, then looked at everyone:

"Someone should stay down here and work on the engine. We need to unclog it asap and be on our way to Ragnveig. The creature clearly wants us stranded at open waters, so we can't let it have that"

A few of the guards from the strike team waved to Kaylee and she nodded to them. Some began moving towards the engine.

Eva looked at Twilight with worry:

"...do you really think someone is remote controlling the blobfish? What are they thinking... using a creature as an unmanned drone.. to what end? "

As everyone was about to leave the engine room, a low, rumbling sound began to echo out of the radio. So inhuman and alien, it sent a cold chill down your spine.

Kaylee slowly looked at her radio, beads of sweat appearing on her forehead: "...what the hell was that?..."

"Its broadcasting on an open channel.." Eva quietly called: "...everyone can hear it.."

The blood chilling, rumbling sound continued out of the radio, growing louder and louder with each passing second, until a gravely voice suddenly came out of it:

"....Kaaaay-...leeeeee........... KAAAAaayyy-.... Leeeeeee................... Wheeeereee have yooouu goooooonnneee......

Whhhyyyy did youuu LEEAAVE MEEEE!!!!
"

"AAAAAAAHH!!" Kaylee emitted a started shriek, crouching down and covering her face with both hands. She looks really pale, her hands are starting to shake.

"Uhh... K-Kaylee?..." Eva asked with a trembling voice, looking at the radio: "...you don't.. have any... crazy ex-boyfriends... do you?..."

"I DON'T LIKE THIS ANYMOAR!" Kaylee screamed, crouching in place on the floor and shielding her head.

Fire and rain switch channels, "I dont think its a good idea for you to be walking around the ship alone in this current situation Zoy and I know for sure that if I didn't stick with you or have you stick with me it would be really irresponsible." She takes zoy's hand, "I think its best you stick around... you seen what that UBF does to people..." Rain falls silent as the voice on the radio speaks, "Yeah... no... I think you should really stick with me."

Fire overhears zoys information as they walk to violets door, "Takeshi your magic is about to be incredibly useful in the testing of a new weapon." Fire and Rain burst into Violets room causing her to jump and fall backwards in her chair.

"Have you two EVER heard of privacy?!" Violet yells as she trys to pick herself off the ground only to be heafted up by Fire.

"Less time to argue more time to plan your experimental weaponry is needed for a hostile breach" Rain says calmly as she approaches the case on the table,

"H-Hostile breach? Wh-What?" Violets golden eyes stare at them in disbelieve, "If you need them that bad just be sure to bring them back..." she sighs taking a seat on the bed.

Rain nods and opens the case, taking the wheelock and closing it once more, "Kaylee whats your position we can be there shortly."

View user profile
Kaylee Brown wrote:(Engine Deck)

"Wait, did she just say she was Cassandra Mercer?" Eva called, her eyebrows flying up: "As in, the Councilors daughter?? I didn't even know she was on the ship"

"Yeah, she keeps to herself mostly" Kaylee nodded.

"Did she call herself, agent? That's not a military title, what kind of work does she do?" Eva asked.

"She's a government agent, I'm not exactly sure w-" Kaylee began.

"She's a spook" Takeshi quietly said: "Even if you asked which agency she works for, she wouldn't say" he thought for a moment, then looked at you:
"To lure the blobfish into a trap, we must understand what attracts it. It hasn't tried eating any of the crew yet, perhaps its not a carnivore, or it was spooked before it could start eating"

"Takeshi oh my god!!!" Kaylee screamed out, waving her arms in the air: "We're talking about my crew here!!"

"Oh aaaa, I'm sorry!" Takeshi took a step back: "No one was seriously injured, is what I'm saying" he began thinking again:
"We have to figure out what attracts the creature, then use it and lure the creature into the meat locker"

Kaylee looked at you as well:
"Every guard on the ship is issued a radio. They can't begin their shift without it. They need to be able to respond and alert the ship to any issue, when something happens, if there's a fire, someone fell overboard or.. a blobfish shows up" she nervously twitched:

"If he's missing a radio, then someone took it. And the blobfish seems intent on knocking its pray out, quietly and effectively. We have to assume it has some level of intelligence.

If so, we have to assume it took the radio deliberately, to listen in on our troop movement."

She clicked on her radio: "Attention all crew, this channel has been compromised. Switch to the prearranged backup channel, over"

She lowered her radio and switched to a different channel: "There, that should do it. Whatever invader is wandering on our ship, they should have no means of knowing what channel we use as a backup. And to use the channel, you need to input an encryption code.
Only the ship crew knows it.

The creature won't be able to listen in on us anymore, and it can't broadcast on our channel either. That should take care of the security leak"

Kaylee thought for a moment: "There's nothing too special about Hall C, no strategic targets.
My guess is, the creature emerged there, because it saw a guard who was alone and isolated. A good spot to escape the ventilation system and wander deeper into the ship.

It's not gonna wander far though" Kaylee said with determination: "Now that we've barricaded strategic hall cross sections, its isolated to a small part of the ship.
One of the barricades is going to spot it sooner or later. Its just a matter of time"

"Do you think we should alert the passengers to this predicament?" Takeshi asked with worry.

"I dunno" Kaylee grimaced: "I'm worried that if we do that, it will create a panic. Three hundred people rushing towards the two small exits of the Concert Hall, it will be dangerous.
Perhaps its best they're in the dark for now... I don't know.." Kaylee bit her lower lip.

"But.. how do we have them calmly stay in the Concert Hall, where its safe?" Takeshi asked.

Kaylee thought for a moment, then dialed a number on her cellphone. After a few moments, someone picked up.

"Oh hey Kaylee hows it going?" an outgoing, happy voice came from the other end of the phone: "Did you enjoy the concert?"

"Hey Penny" Kaylee smiled: "Yeah, it was fantastic. Are you guys done already?"

"Yeah, we're just about to wrap up" Penny excitedly answered.

"Hey can you uhhh... stall the concert?...." Kaylee asked uneasily.

"...stall?.. the concert?" Penny asked a bit in confusion.

"Y-yeah.. do you have any Bonus Songs you can sing? It would really help us out.. ehehee..." Kaylee sheepishly said.

"S-sure?..." Penny called in confusion: ".. is this about the emergency call you had earlier"

"Yeah" Kaylee quietly said.

"Okay! Leave it to us!" Penny said with determination.

"Thanks. Say hi to my grandmother for me, okay?" Kaylee said with a smile.

"Will do" Penny said. You briefly heard the sounds of the crowd for a few moments, before Penny's voice rang louder: "HEY EVERYONE! BONUS SOOOONG!!!"

The crowd started cheering and the call disconnected.

"Hopefully this will buy us some time" Kaylee said with worry, then looked at everyone:

"Someone should stay down here and work on the engine. We need to unclog it asap and be on our way to Ragnveig. The creature clearly wants us stranded at open waters, so we can't let it have that"

A few of the guards from the strike team waved to Kaylee and she nodded to them. Some began moving towards the engine.

Eva looked at Twilight with worry:

"...do you really think someone is remote controlling the blobfish? What are they thinking... using a creature as an unmanned drone.. to what end? "

As everyone was about to leave the engine room, a low, rumbling sound began to echo out of the radio. So inhuman and alien, it sent a cold chill down your spine.

Kaylee slowly looked at her radio, beads of sweat appearing on her forehead: "...what the hell was that?..."

"Its broadcasting on an open channel.." Eva quietly called: "...everyone can hear it.."

The blood chilling, rumbling sound continued out of the radio, growing louder and louder with each passing second, until a gravely voice suddenly came out of it:

"....Kaaaay-...leeeeee...........  KAAAAaayyy-.... Leeeeeee................... Wheeeereee have yooouu goooooonnneee......

Whhhyyyy did youuu LEEAAVE MEEEE!!!!
"

"AAAAAAAHH!!" Kaylee emitted a started shriek, crouching down and covering her face with both hands. She looks really pale, her hands are starting to shake.

"Uhh... K-Kaylee?..." Eva asked with a trembling voice, looking at the radio: "...you don't.. have any... crazy ex-boyfriends... do you?..."

"I DON'T LIKE THIS ANYMOAR!" Kaylee screamed, crouching in place on the floor and shielding her head.

Rogue takes a radio and switches it to the same open channel, "Kaylee isn't here right at the moment, but if you want, you can leave a message after the tone, and i'm sure that she'll get back to you asap. Beep. Who are we addressing, by the way?"

View user profile
(Violets Room)

"Thanks Miss Rain" Zoy smiled, looking at you. She seems very grateful, happily holding Rains hand:

"Are we gonna bust some ghosts now? I always wanted to be Ghost Buster" She grinned widely.

After your call on the radio, Kaylee didn't answer, but a few moments later, Takeshi's voice came through:
"We're still in engineering. I think its best we regroup here, we're planning an ambush around the meat locker, over"

"Ooooo, meat locker" Zoy said, devilishly smirking: "Are you gonna trap the ghost there?"

(Engine Room)

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!" The voice roared, becoming more irritated with each passing moment.
You hear some kind of noise in the background. It sounds like the creature headbutted a trashcan. Then the transmission cut off.

"....uuhhh.. Kaylee? Any suspects you can think of?" Eva called nervously.

"My first and only love was the sea!" Kaylee suddenly shouted.

For some reason, Ashley loudly scoffed over the radio.

"Huh? Oh... Hehe" Eva giggled a bit: "Were you doing like a thing?" she asked, looking at Kaylee.

"Huh???" Kaylee asked, briefly looking up in confusion.

"Well you said, your first and only love was the sea, and Ash is a sea pony-" Eva smirked: "Were you implying that Ash is your only love, but saying it in a cryptic way, so only she'd understand? Boy, you two sure go through a lot of hoops to hide your relationship"

"EVA I'LL FREAKING KILL YOU" Ash barked over the radio.

Eva burst out laughing: "HA!... Right on the money"

"What the heck are we gonna do dude" Kaylee nervously swallowed, staring wide eyed at Eva.

"Hmmm... not sure... the blobfish seems focused on you for some reason..." Eva said, thinking: "No, Wait! That's it! That's a good thing!"

"H-How is that a good thing?!" Kaylee shouted.

"We want to trap it in the meat locker right?" Eva began: "So if you go to the meat locker, the blobfish will likely follow you there and as soon as it enters, we jump out in ambush! And trap it!!!"

"LIKE HELL YOU WILL!" Ashley loudly barked over the radio: "WE'RE NOT USING KAYLEE AS BAIT!"

"N-no, its okay Ash.." Kaylee quietly said. She slowly stood up, hands still trembling but a somewhat determined look in her eye:
"...t-this is my ship. My guests and comrades are my crew. I'm responsible for their safety. If this is how I protect them, then I-I'll do it! I'll face this head on!"

"Why you always have to be like this?..." Ashley quietly asked, her voice was really sad: "So quick to sacrifice yourself and throw your life away, at every opportunity.
You have a death wish I don't know about? What am I supposed to do huh? Sit back and wait until one day you won't return from your mission? And someone calls to tell me you died?
"

"Ashey..." Kaylee looked down. She seems sad and very conflicted.

Having made his way to the concert hall again Omega locks onto the scent of the blobfish and begins to scan the room for a match.

"The prank. The prank this morning. We don't actually need the real Kaylee." Sand places a hand on Eva's shoulder "Is it too early for an encore?"

View user profile
Megan smirks at Eva, "I mean... It is your job to protect your higher ups and others... dont you think baiting yourself would be in better favor then risking the life of captain kaylee." Megan smiles innocently placing her hands behind her back, "I mean... it is your job afterall... to save lives even if it means your own."

Fire and Rain rush back down to matinance, "Yep Gonna bust us a ghost!" Fire snickers as they burst into maintenance.

"I got the weapons." Rain walks to the group and opens the case, the magic specific and musket are the two weapons left rain is left holding the wheellock.

View user profile
Dunemere wrote:Having made his way to the concert hall again Omega locks onto the scent of the blobfish and begins to scan the room for a match.

"The prank. The prank this morning. We don't actually need the real Kaylee." Sand places a hand on Eva's shoulder "Is it too early for an encore?"

"That could work, as long as the thing doesn't've some way of telling the difference..." Rogue muses.

View user profile
Twilight holds up her hand in a way to say to hold it for a moment.
"Guys, before we put a decoy Kaylee there as a lure... How do we mask the real one? And if we do use a decoy Kaylee, what methods of defense does it have against that thing."

She folds her arms. "I'm not against the plan, but we better get a backup plan as well. And most importantly..." She takes a deep breath. "Get moving to put it into motion!!"

She takes out a smoke, though she doesn't light it yet. "Pick who's going to be bait, if it's not Kaylee we need to hide her presence from that thing and whoever controls their ooze summon. Once spotted, immediately immobilize and eliminate the creature. Let's go!"

She moves out to get to the meatlocker.

View user profile
(Concert Hall)

The concert was still in full swing, with Penny happily singing from the depths of her heart, Maddie and Cookie dancing beside her with beautiful hologram strings circling over them.

As you begin to scan the room for a matching scent of the blobfish, your senses are immediately assaulted with a strong smell of alcohol, tuna and traces of ash from the recently fired party poppers.

Through this haze of smells, you can't seem to detect the scent of the blobfish. Its hard to tell if the scent is absent entirely, or if you haven't found it yet. The concert hall was relatively big, the audience were obscured by the darkness. The glow sticks they waved above their heads did little to illuminate the area. Scanning the entirety of the concert hall may take a while.

Last edited by Kaylee Brown on Tue 24 Jul - 19:37; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum