The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's


You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 17]

351 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Tue 24 Jul 2018 - 19:35

(Meat Locker)



Kaylee loudly sneezed and shivered, wrapping herself in her arms and slightly hopping from one foot to another, trying to stay warm.
The meat locker was a relatively large room, about 15 meters in length, completely packed with endless shelves and frozen boxes of fish. Everything was covered by a thick layer of frost and snow.

Standing by the entrance, you can't quite make out the far corner, behind all the shelves in between.



"Okay, this can work" Kaylee said, her teeth clattering a bit from the cold: "There's only two exits here, the main door and the ventilation shaft. If the creature will come, it will come through one of those two. And it will use one of them to escape.


Now, there's enough room here for us to hide.

The decoy Kaylee will stand in plain sight, while everyone else will lie in wait. As soon as the creature shows up, we jump out in ambush.
And the ship guards will seal off both exits from the outside, making sure the creature cannot escape.
Takeshi, are you ready?"





"Ready.. as can be.. ehehe..." Takeshi sheepishly laughed, as a blinding green light enveloped his body, turning him into Decoy Kaylee:
"...this is probably the safest option" he quietly said, lifting the magic handgun and inspecting it, then hiding it under his uniform:

"Violet said this weapon is best used by mages and if our theory is true, the blobfish is also vulnerable to cold temperature. This is both advantageous to us, because we'll be facing it in a freezer, and because I can hurl ice magic"


Decoy Kaylee shyly smiled and looked down: "I only know one ice spell though, the most basic one. Its really weak but, hopefully the element of surprise will be enough.

The creature sure won't be expecting 'Kaylee' to suddenly draw a magic handgun and fire off a few ice spells.
Not to mention you guys jumping at it in ambush" Decoy Kaylee said, smiling slightly. He seems very nervous.





"Alright guys, lets get in position" the real Kaylee called, running to the back of the meat locker and hiding behind a stack of fish boxes:
"If the blobfish has some supernatural means of detecting my presence, hopefully me generally being in the vicinity, will confuse it enough to mistake Takeshi for me"



"Thank god I don't have to be decoy... hahaaaaa...." Eva quietly mumbled to herself with a horrified expression, sitting behind a giant fish.

Harlequin stood next to Rain and unsheathed her katana.

Zoy excitedly hid behind Sand and began watching the area.




"So... um..." Harlequin quietly called, after several seconds of silence: "How do we know the blobfish will actually come here?... perhaps we should have 'Kaylee' call it out on the radio, provoke it to come here.. let it know where she is"

View user profile http://ultimate.forumotion.com

352 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 18:29

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Meat Locker)



Kaylee loudly sneezed and shivered, wrapping herself in her arms and slightly hopping from one foot to another, trying to stay warm.
The meat locker was a relatively large room, about 15 meters in length, completely packed with endless shelves and frozen boxes of fish. Everything was covered by a thick layer of frost and snow.

Standing by the entrance, you can't quite make out the far corner, behind all the shelves in between.



"Okay, this can work" Kaylee said, her teeth clattering a bit from the cold: "There's only two exits here, the main door and the ventilation shaft. If the creature will come, it will come through one of those two. And it will use one of them to escape.


Now, there's enough room here for us to hide.

The decoy Kaylee will stand in plain sight, while everyone else will lie in wait. As soon as the creature shows up, we jump out in ambush.
And the ship guards will seal off both exits from the outside, making sure the creature cannot escape.
Takeshi, are you ready?"





"Ready.. as can be.. ehehe..." Takeshi sheepishly laughed, as a blinding green light enveloped his body, turning him into Decoy Kaylee:
"...this is probably the safest option" he quietly said, lifting the magic handgun and inspecting it, then hiding it under his uniform:

"Violet said this weapon is best used by mages and if our theory is true, the blobfish is also vulnerable to cold temperature. This is both advantageous to us, because we'll be facing it in a freezer, and because I can hurl ice magic"


Decoy Kaylee shyly smiled and looked down: "I only know one ice spell though, the most basic one. Its really weak but, hopefully the element of surprise will be enough.

The creature sure won't be expecting 'Kaylee' to suddenly draw a magic handgun and fire off a few ice spells.
Not to mention you guys jumping at it in ambush" Decoy Kaylee said, smiling slightly. He seems very nervous.





"Alright guys, lets get in position" the real Kaylee called, running to the back of the meat locker and hiding behind a stack of fish boxes:
"If the blobfish has some supernatural means of detecting my presence, hopefully me generally being in the vicinity, will confuse it enough to mistake Takeshi for me"



"Thank god I don't have to be decoy... hahaaaaa...." Eva quietly mumbled to herself with a horrified expression, sitting behind a giant fish.

Harlequin stood next to Rain and unsheathed her katana.

Zoy excitedly hid behind Sand and began watching the area.




"So... um..." Harlequin quietly called, after several seconds of silence: "How do we know the blobfish will actually come here?... perhaps we should have 'Kaylee' call it out on the radio, provoke it to come here.. let it know where she is"

"Well how much of the ventilation system has been closed off?" Rogue asks as he pulls up an invisibility bubble around the group in hiding, "Hopefully it should've been herded into this general area, and if we just advertise that Kaylee is here, perhaps with that radio call out as suggested, that should be enough..."

View user profile

353 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 11:48

(Meat Locker)


Kaylee nodded: "We've closed off about half the ventilation system. Hopefully-"


A low rumble began to transmit from the radios again, so unearthly and unsettling, it sent a chill down your spine:

"Kaaaaaaayyyy...... leeeeeee......." a raspy voice hissed over the airwaves:
"....diiiid you think you could hiiide your presence from meeeee............... We still have a connection..... you and I...........no matter how much you try to severe it!!...



Kaylee immediately latched onto Twilight's arm, beginning to shudder in fear:
"I'M REALLY SCARED!!!!" she shouted, holding on to Twilight with both arms.


As you lie in wait, you begin to hear some sort of low rumbling, coming from the vent in the meat locker. A faint green light began to shine through it, gradually growing more bright with each passing second.



Your radio suddenly went live again and Riza's frantic voice came through: "Everyone! I've identified something in the goo sample!
I couldn't understand all of it, but there's clear traces of Formaldehyde and human DNA!



"H-..Human?..." Kaylee nervously twitched: "Who's DNA was it?"


"THE DNA BELONGS TO-" Riza's voice was drowned out, by an audible gravely hiss, emanating from the ventilation shaft.





"Kaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyleeeeeeeeeeeee!!!......." the voice hissed, and in the next second, a giant sphere, slowly emerged out of the vent, and began floating towards Decoy Kaylee.

The sphere was glowing bright green, with goo falling off of it onto the floor, with each passing second. It was about 2 meters in diameter, slightly shaking and shivering, seemingly in palpable anger.


And as you look closer at it, you realize its not a sphere at all! It was giant human eye! With a massive, horrible scar, running through its iris and covering most of the sclera. The scar was so ugly and horrifying that you involuntarily felt a gag reflex just from looking at it.



The eye slowly floated across the meat locker and loomed over Decoy Kaylee, before the green goo around it began to rumble, emitting a low gravely voice:

"Why have you FORSAKEN MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"



"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!" Decoy Kaylee shrieked at the top of his lungs and made a bee line to the door. It looks like he forgot about the plan entirely.

View user profile http://ultimate.forumotion.com

354 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 12:46

Rain frowns waiting for a signal of some sort the pistol she wielded was loaded and ready to fire. She pulls back the hammer and takee aim waiting for a signal.

Fire slowly extends her whip, watchimg the horrid thing move towards her friend.

View user profile

355 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 13:01

Decoy Kaylee managed to make it to the door but can't seem to get it open. He's desperately fumbling with the door handle, that should open quite easily.


"DON'T YOU RUN AWAY FROM MEEEEE!!!" The eye roared, floating after him:
"25 YEARS WE SPENT TO TOGETHER, THEN YOU DISCARD ME FOR A METAL PIECE OF CRAP?!

I THOUGHT WHAT WE HAD WAS SPECIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!
" The eye shrieked at the top of its 'lungs', looming over Decoy Kaylee.



"WAAAAAAAAAAA! I'M SORRY!!!" Decoy Kaylee yelled in fear, trying to rip off the door handle by the looks of it. He looks really scared.

View user profile http://ultimate.forumotion.com

356 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 13:17

Rain rises and takes aim at the small target in the blob, "lets get this done." She huffs and fires a shot.

Fire makes a quick turn, her whip extending out as she moves her arm to strike at the gelatinous mass.

View user profile

357 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 13:22

Following the others lead, Sand vaults over the makeshift cover throwing a punch. Her fist rockets forward as the chain within her arm launches out with a metallic whirr striking for the center mass. Grabbing the chain with her other hand she yanks the fist weapon back after the first attack. Stepping forward and turning her body to increase the velocity of the attack, the chain makes a complete loop back around her body before being slammed into the eye again.

View user profile

358 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 18:37

As the frightened woman latches on, Twilight gets startled.
"Eh, it's going to be okay. Just relax..."

When the creature begin to drip in, she begins to try to push Kaylee off, to no avail.
"Kaylee, can you please give me some room to move my arms? I need them to have a better control of my magic!"

She looks at the scene, squinting at the blob. With her mind, she begins to cast cold magic to lower it's temperature. However, surrounding allies can feel the cold increasing as well due to the lack of complete concentration.

View user profile

359 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 21:06

"If it is an eyeball, then aim for the optic disk at the back, where the optic nerve would have left, that'll be it's weakest point" Rogue shouts as he uses his telekinesis to restrain the giant eyeball and stop it moving around.

View user profile

360 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 10:20

As several attacks connected, one after the other, the giant eye was sent flying into the wall, then bounced off of it like a tennis ball and flew towards you, seemingly carried by momentum. Its flight was slowly stopped by the telekinetic spell, until the eye began to hover in place and glared at you with palpable outrage.


"TRICKSTERS! LIARS! BETRAYERS!!!" The eye began shrieking in a low rumbling voice. Its entire body began to shake and vibrate, seemingly attempting to break through the telekinesis.

You don't see any notable damage over its surface. The glowing green goo surrounding its body, must be acting as a powerful cushion, softening the kinetic blows.
Its movements were somewhat becoming more sluggish. The freezing spell and the sub temperatures of the meat locker, began to slowly make an effect.


Decoy Kaylee spinned around and gracefully pulled out the handgun, before discharging a shot into the side of the eye, attempting to aim for the optic disk. Once more the green goo softened and dispersed the kinetic shot, around the eyes entire surface, but the impact seemingly broke the telekinesis grasp, and the eye was sent flying and bouncing off a nearby shelf.


Dozens of frozen fish flew over the floor, as the shelf fell to the side. The eye angrily roared, spinning around and suddenly sent a spray of greed goo in Takeshi's direction.

Takeshi only managed to emit a quick yelp, before a mass of green goo splashed over him, pinning him against the meat locker door.
He tried to move his limbs, but to no affect. He was stuck in place, unable to move his arms or the gun:

"I-Its some kind of adhesive!!!" Takeshi desperately screamed: "Don't let it touch you!"




Kaylee finally let Twilight go and slowly stood up. A firm, frowny expression was over her face, as
she stepped out of cover and began slowly marching forward:

"N-Now listen here! M-My Eye!" She firmly called, pointed her finger at the creature: "I am very angry! I am very upset with you right now! You better stop this-"


"RRRROOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!" The eye angrily roared at her, the goo over its surface beginning to glow an even brighter, menacing color.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!" Kaylee turned on her heels and ran to the back of the meat locker, screaming.



"HOW COULD YOU FORGET ME?!" The eye began shrieking in a low, gravely voice: "HOW COULD YOU DISCARD ME SO EASILY!!! YOU THINK I'M UGLY, DON'T YOU!!! ITS THE SCAR, ISN'T IT!!!"
The eye emitted a strange, bubbly noise. You're not sure, but it somehow vaguely sounded like an angry sob:

"YOU THINK I'M USELESS DON'T YOU!!! THAT'S WHY YOU THREW ME AWAY!?!

WHY AREN'T YOU LOOKING AT MEEEEE!!!!
" The eye shrieked really loud, as Kaylee ran away to the back of the meat locker.


The eye's pupil began darting back and forth, angrily glaring at everyone in the room.

It looks like its about to attack again.

View user profile http://ultimate.forumotion.com

361 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 10:47

Pulling the chain fist back in Sand runs over to Takeshi. With a few steps and a turn, she takes a kneeling style stance on the wall purposely planting her legs into the goo. She then whips out both of her chain fists arcing them around the eye. Pulling her arms together with the chains wrap around the bulbous abomination.

Tensing the muscles in her body, Sand holds the Eye from moving as best as she can.

View user profile

362 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 23:09

Rain frowns, "where is burner when you need her... coulda boiled this thing by now." She blinks "FIRE USE FLASH!"

Fire nods and makes a quick bolt to kaylee, she pushes her to the side slightly misjudging her strength and sending her into a wall. A loud whine escapes her as she attempts to flash the beast.

View user profile
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!" The eye screamed in a gravely voice, beginning to twist back and forth, and trying to wiggle out of the chains.

The flash must have blinded it, as its movements became random and haphazard:



"Kaylee doesn't like me anymoooaaar" The eye screamed and fell on the floor, with the chains still wrapped around it.
It began emitting strange, bubbly noices. It almost sounds like its sobbing.



Kaylee slowly rose up and peaked out of cover. As she watched the eye, her expression became very sad.

View user profile http://ultimate.forumotion.com

364 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 12:31

Kaylee Brown wrote:"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!" The eye screamed in a gravely voice, beginning to twist back and forth, and trying to wiggle out of the chains.

The flash must have blinded it, as its movements became random and haphazard:



"Kaylee doesn't like me anymoooaaar" The eye screamed and fell on the floor, with the chains still wrapped around it.
It began emitting strange, bubbly noices. It almost sounds like its sobbing.



Kaylee slowly rose up and peaked out of cover. As she watched the eye, her expression became very sad.

"Cease fire!" Rogue calls out to the others, "Just hold it in place for now." "What do you think?" he asks Kaylee, "It sounds pretty distraught, are you up for maybe talking to it?"

View user profile

365 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 15:29

"Mindless agression and anger gets you nowhere beast, it only makes you a brute." Fire huffs and turns taking her place against a wall and crossing her arms.

Rain sighs and looks at violets weapon, "Hm... Not much use in this situation... if it cant peirce a blob what use are they?" She has a look if distaine on her face.

View user profile

366 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 15:57

Harlequin looked at Violets weapon as well, then quietly said:
"..perhaps this was never the intended type of target in mind, haunted eyeballs aren't a common sight. Or.. perhaps the weapon just needs adjustments, it is a prototype, no?
Regardless, I believe it has potential. If its mechanism continues to be honed and developed, more and more, it may change the way battles are fought"



The giant eye continued to lay on the floor, loudly sobbing in a gravely voice.

Kaylee slowly nodded to Rogue and moved out of cover. She began slowly approaching the eye, holding both hands over her chest. She looks like her heart is breaking.




Eva moved out of cover and began approaching as well: "...you said... she discarded you... but she didn't" Eva quietly called, looking at the sobbing eye:
"...she kept you in a jar, close to her.

Most normal people-..." Eva threw a sideways glance at Kaylee: "Most sane people would have discarded something like that, considering it biological waste, but... Kaylee didn't...

She kept you, months after the surgery. It doesn't sound like someone who forgot you.." Eva quietly said, then looked at Kaylee:

".....Kay... do you... actually miss.. your old eye?.."






Kaylee was looking at the sobbing eyeball, with a very pained expression:

"....I know it was hideous... I know people freaked out when they looked at it. I know it was blind and useless and I had to hide it under an eye patch, so people won't feel horrified when they looked at it.

But it was mine, you know?


This scarred eye... is a part of me. It defines who I am.
When I looked at it, in the mirror each morning, I didn't see a hideous scar, I saw my sister. My sister, who is alive, because once, a long time ago, in battle, I took a hit for her, saving her life.

I don't feel regret, or pain, or bitterness, when I looked at my blind eye,
I felt pride... and happiness... that... I could do something for my sister... that I succeeded in saving her life.

Every time I looked at my scar, it reminded me that my sister is alive and well, and that's all I needed. I have no regrets.



Except... perhaps I agreed to the surgery too quickly... this metal eye see's better, than I ever did. It has a flash bulb and, all kinds of cool things... but.. in some ways... it feels cold and alien. A foreign object..."

Kaylee smiled to you, a trace of tears in her eyes: "I know it sounds silly, but.. that's how I feel"




"K-Kayleee....." the giant eyeball sobbed, looking up at her.

View user profile http://ultimate.forumotion.com

367 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 18:20

Megan seems stunned a moment.

"Alright... I think im done with life. My friends are having a "Moral of the story" moment with a fucking eyeball that almost killed the crew." She starts her way out, "Fuck this cruise dude I gotta be in a coma or something." She slips through the freezer door, "This shit..." she circles the room with a finger, "This shit right here is why I cant sleep at night." She grumbles to herself as she exits the freezer.

View user profile

368 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 19:19

Twilight lowered her hand, the spell she was doing dissipating. However, she seems to be unsatisfied with the current situation.

"That explains some things... But I got one more question..."

She points to the eyeball. "What brought you to life? What created your sentience, the goo you're surrounded in? Who wants Kaylee out of the way? And more importantly..." She looks around the room. "Who knew of this eye being on board?"

View user profile

369 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 20:10

"I don't know" the eye quietly sobbed: "When I woke up, I was cold and alone. I just wanted to see Kaylee again"


"...I missed you" Kaylee quietly said with a smile, a thin streak of tears over her cheeks.

"Then... does that mean.." The eye looked up at her: "...you'll.. take me back?"


Kaylee looked at it in surprise for a moment, then smiled: "Yes.
Welcome home, old friend"



A strange ghostly light began to envelop the eyeball and Kaylee, as she gingerly stretched her open palm towards it. The light shined bright green and rapidly grew in intensity, until it circled around the two and obscured them both.
Before a series of colorful sparks, dispersed around the meat locker, creating momentary and beautiful lights.


As the colors faded, you saw Kaylee, standing with her palm open and stretched out.

She once again had two natural eyes: one yellow, the other one scarred.

In the palm of her hand, rested a small metal orb, a corporate logo printed on its side, with the words:
'Lavender Tech. Flashbulb Cyber-eye'.


Kaylee smiled and looked at you, her eyes still wet with a trace of tears. One eye yellow, the other one scarred.





"Attention all crew, attention all crew" a pleasant voice began to sound through your radios:
"This is Lieutenant Monroe, the engines are once again operational and we have just passed the Marinah Trench.
We are expected to arrive in Ragnveig Port Town within the next hours, have a good cruise.
" You heard the ship loudly blow its signal horn, somehow it sounded jolly.







"Man, what a crazy night its been" Kaylee said, stepping out of the meat locker and beginning to stretch:
"Better call Penny, let her know she can stop the concert, she's probably at her limits by now" she giggled a little.


"Should we head to the medical wing, to check up on the Lieutenant Lisov and the other unconscious guard?" Harlequin asked.

"Yup, sounds good to me" Kaylee happily smiled. She appears to be in good spirits.


"I still wander though" Eva said thinking: "Twilight's right, how did your eyeball grow sentience?"

"Who knows" Kaylee shrugged with a smile: "Some things,-"



"Guys! Guys! Come in! Over!" Ashley's spooked voice rang over the radio.

"Oh hey Ash, hows it going?" Kaylee called over the radio with a cheery smile.

"Where the heck have you guys been?? I lost your signal for a while. You stopped answering my radio calls"


"Huh? Oh, we were in the meat locker. The signal's probably really bad there" Kaylee happily said.






"........what meat locker." Ashley called over the radio.

"You know" Kaylee began: "The meat locker, on the 2nd deck?"

"Kaylee! This ship has no meat locker!!!" Ashley frantically called.



"...what?" Kaylee froze up in place.

"The meat locker was dismantled a week ago, as part of the ships decommission! I told you that! Hyuuga has no meat locker!!!"

"But... if that's true then..." Kaylee stopped in her tracks and looked back: "Where the hell have we been-"



As you look back towards the meat locker door, you realize that its gone.
Only a simple, featureless wall stands in its place, as if the door never existed.



Kaylee visibly shivered as goose bumps covered her body.


And somewhere in the wind, you heard a distant, gravely laugh:




".....Hahaha....huhuhu.... hehehe...... hahaa.... ha ho ho he ha hu hu haaaaaa................"



View user profile http://ultimate.forumotion.com

370 Re: The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story on Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 21:26

Kaylee Brown wrote:"I don't know" the eye quietly sobbed: "When I woke up, I was cold and alone. I just wanted to see Kaylee again"


"...I missed you" Kaylee quietly said with a smile, a thin streak of tears over her cheeks.

"Then... does that mean.." The eye looked up at her: "...you'll.. take me back?"


Kaylee looked at it in surprise for a moment, then smiled: "Yes.
Welcome home, old friend"



A strange ghostly light began to envelop the eyeball and Kaylee, as she gingerly stretched her open palm towards it. The light shined bright green and rapidly grew in intensity, until it circled around the two and obscured them both.
Before a series of colorful sparks, dispersed around the meat locker, creating momentary and beautiful lights.


As the colors faded, you saw Kaylee, standing with her palm open and stretched out.

She once again had two natural eyes: one yellow, the other one scarred.

In the palm of her hand, rested a small metal orb, a corporate logo printed on its side, with the words:
'Lavender Tech. Flashbulb Cyber-eye'.


Kaylee smiled and looked at you, her eyes still wet with a trace of tears. One eye yellow, the other one scarred.





"Attention all crew, attention all crew" a pleasant voice began to sound through your radios:
"This is Lieutenant Monroe, the engines are once again operational and we have just passed the Marinah Trench.
We are expected to arrive in Ragnveig Port Town within the next hours, have a good cruise.
" You heard the ship loudly blow its signal horn, somehow it sounded jolly.







"Man, what a crazy night its been" Kaylee said, stepping out of the meat locker and beginning to stretch:
"Better call Penny, let her know she can stop the concert, she's probably at her limits by now" she giggled a little.


"Should we head to the medical wing, to check up on the Lieutenant Lisov and the other unconscious guard?" Harlequin asked.

"Yup, sounds good to me" Kaylee happily smiled. She appears to be in good spirits.


"I still wander though" Eva said thinking: "Twilight's right, how did your eyeball grow sentience?"

"Who knows" Kaylee shrugged with a smile: "Some things,-"



"Guys! Guys! Come in! Over!" Ashley's spooked voice rang over the radio.

"Oh hey Ash, hows it going?" Kaylee called over the radio with a cheery smile.

"Where the heck have you guys been?? I lost your signal for a while. You stopped answering my radio calls"


"Huh? Oh, we were in the meat locker. The signal's probably really bad there" Kaylee happily said.






"........what meat locker." Ashley called over the radio.

"You know" Kaylee began: "The meat locker, on the 2nd deck?"

"Kaylee! This ship has no meat locker!!!" Ashley frantically called.



"...what?" Kaylee froze up in place.

"The meat locker was dismantled a week ago, as part of the ships decommission! I told you that! Hyuuga has no meat locker!!!"

"But... if that's true then..." Kaylee stopped in her tracks and looked back: "Where the hell have we been-"



As you look back towards the meat locker door, you realize that its gone.
Only a simple, featureless wall stands in its place, as if the door never existed.



Kaylee visibly shivered as goose bumps covered her body.


And somewhere in the wind, you heard a distant, gravely laugh:




".....Hahaha....huhuhu.... hehehe...... hahaa.... ha ho ho he ha hu hu haaaaaa................"



 

"Well... Never thought i'd be in THIS situation again..." Rogue reminisces.

View user profile
Rain huffs, "I guess you are correct about that one." She looks to Harle with a frown, "Do we fund Violets research yet? If not I believe we should provide her with the means and personel to grow this idea."

View user profile
"This happened to you before??" Eva asked Rogue, her eyes widening: "W-what happened last time?"


Harlequin looked at Rain, she seems to be deep in thought: "...to be honest... on one hand, this type of new weapon scares me... It will completely change the way battles are fought in the future.
On the other hand, progress never waits. It carries on, regardless of our personal feelings.

I guess the wisest decision would be to embrace this new technology, as quickly as possible. Nyx's military is still very meager. It would be wise to find new ways to protect our people.

Funding Violets research seems like a logical choice"




A few minutes later, and a few flights of stairs, you found yourself sitting in the comfy chairs of the medical wing, wrapped in blankets and holding a cup of hot coffee in your hands. The little adventure in the non existent meat freezer, really did lower your body temperature.

Doctor Riza was shining a small flashlight into Kaylee's scarred eye and squinting at it, seemingly thinking:


"Well, there's significant scar tissue on your lens and iris. Apart from noticing the difference between light and dark, you'll mostly see a large blur in this eye." Riza said, turning the light off and leaning back in her chair:

"Apart from that, the blood supply is sufficient and the eye responds to neural reflexes. In medical terms, everything checks out" she sighed slightly, looking at Kaylee:

"I'm even gonna begin to question, how you managed to reattach the neural connections, when you put back an amputated eye"



"Beats me" Kaylee said, releasing her usual blinding smile.


"So, doctor" Eva began: "Any idea what actually happened?"




Riza placed her flashlight on the table and leaned back in her chair: "Best guess? You've had a brief stowaway aboard your ship. A Trickster Spirit"

"Trickster Spirit?" Eva repeated in confusion.



"Yup" Riza nodded with a smile. You noticed a tiny dark lizard, crawling up her back, before coming to a stop on her shoulder. The lizard emitted a tiny screech and rubbed against Riza's cheek.
Riza smiled and gently patted it on the head with her finger.

"See this little guy?" Riza asked: "He's not actually a lizard. He's a Healing Spirit.
He boosts my healing magic and helps me endure fatigue.

Spirits are usually hard to find and they mostly avoid contact with humans."



Riza looked away from the lizard and smiled to you:

"Trickster Spirits are very rare and a small exception to the rule. They are drawn to places of strong human emotion. To objects that have a significant meaning to us.

Its possible that a Spirit like that, felt something from Kaylee's amputated eye and possessed it. Echoing Kaylee's suppressed feelings and giving them physical form.

I may be wrong, but its possible that everything the eye said and shouted, where actually inner thoughts that Kaylee once said to herself.
'I abandoned my eye, I discarded it, I forgot it, because it was useless', was probably what she was thinking to herself, blaming and harboring suppressed anger at herself, for making the decision to remove it.

The Spirit could have sensed those emotions and simply echoed them back at Kaylee, giving them physical form.
Once a resolution was reached however, there was no longer a reason for the Spirit to stay. It must have jumped ship, shortly thereafter.


Of course, that is all just my theory" Riza smiled and shrugged: "I could be completely wrong"



Kaylee nodded twice with a smile: "Some mysteries in life, you just cannot explain"

"Indeed" Riza smirked: "Strange things happen, when ships pass over the Marinah Trench"




She looked behind her, at the two guards who were slowly gaining their consciousness and looking around. They seem to be doing fine, after their brief encounter with the Haunted Eyeball.


Kaylee smiled and looked at everyone:

"We should be reaching Ragnveig port within the hour, the sunrises are very beautiful there. You guys wonna go watch it from the ships bow?"


View user profile http://ultimate.forumotion.com
Kaylee Brown wrote:"This happened to you before??" Eva asked Rogue, her eyes widening: "W-what happened last time?"


"Yep. Funny thing is, that was all part of the same mish where I was working as a bodyguard for that aristocratic family I mentioned. You know, the ones who taxidermied their dead relatives." Rogue chuckles "Well, once their mountain castle did what mountain castles do in this genre, burn down, and I got back to civilisation, I found out that the whole family i'd just been working for had died out centuries ago, in a fire at their castle home which was of course now an ancient ruin. And to top it all off, in the end I didn't even get paid!"

View user profile
Kaylee Brown wrote:


Kaylee smiled and looked at everyone:

"We should be reaching Ragnveig port within the hour, the sunrises are very beautiful there. You guys wonna go watch it from the ships bow?"



"How behind schedule are we by the way, what with the engine stall and all that?" Rogue asks.

View user profile
Fires ears perk at rogues story and she laughs, "I've been to those ruins, very intresting sight." She crosses her arms, "I once dated a changling who lived in a far off cave. She was quite the cutie but eventually she just dissapeared." She shrugs, "the cave still exists but the changling, her webs and captures poof... gone." Fire lets out a long sigh, "i do miss her though."

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum