The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim

+2
Silent Mist/Moon Dusts
Disgruntled purple
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 26]

226Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Tue 28 Aug - 20:35

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Police Station)

"Got it" the officers nodded and began to disperse.

Harlequin checked her earpiece radio, to make sure it was functioning and looked around:

"...this should do it. We vastly outnumber the killer. I don't see him getting in here easily or accomplishing his objective.
All we have to do now, is stay vigilant"

"Right" Kathy nervously nodded.

Harlequin looked at her for a moment, then quietly asked: "...Kathy are you okay? You look really pale"

"What?" Kathy asked, the question seemed to have caught her by surprise: "No, no, haha, I'm fine. Please don't worry about me" she sheepishly smiled.

Now that Harlequin mentioned it, you began to notice it as well.

"...I'm gonna go grab a first aid kit" Harlequin said after a moment, peeling off and walking towards the hall.

"No, please, you don't have to! Haha.." Kathy attempted to wave it away.

Harlequin's expression remained unchanged. As she walked passed you, she briefly whispered into your ear:
"...Rogue, she's pale as a corpse. Keep and eye on her, while I get a med-kit. I want to measure her vital signs.."

"G-guys.. you don't have to fuss over me.." Kathy said sheepishly. She really does look white as a sheet. In contrast, she seemed fine a few minutes ago."

Rogue nods, and subtly pulls up a contact lens-sized heat-sensing forcefield over one eye to monitor Kathy's heat output.

227Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Tue 28 Aug - 20:54

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

When her phone rang, there was a slight frown on her face. When she saw who send it, however, her face changed immediately. She put it on her ear and listened, her face reflecting surprise the whole time.

"Kaylee...."

When the message ends, she just looks at the device. Even as it fades, making way for the backgrounds of her two children, she was solemn. She just stood there, silently, unaware of the world.

"..... I'll make us meet again. Mark my words."

She put it away and went to Tomas. She stood up straight, speaking in Soren ,since it's the most common language

"Men, you will be working with me. I know this cooperation is new, but I will do my best to make this a success. If all goes well, we'll be closer to home and the return of peace. Let's give it our all!"

With that, she prepared to head out.

228Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Tue 28 Aug - 21:26

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The Abandoned House)

"Roger that ma'am, we'll get it done" the batponies nodded. Rapidly moving, the batponies piled inside 2 SUV's.

Tomas took the drivers seat again and quietly motioned you to sit shotgun.
As soon as everyone boarded, he hit the gas, making the vehicles loudly roar down the street.

The outline of a gray, motionless city began to come into view again. No real traffic. Barely a few people on the streets. Everything seems quiet and on edge, seemingly waiting for something to happen.

As the ride dragged on and on, Tomas shifted in his seat slightly and after a moment, he spoke:

"...we... never really got a chance to talk, after everything that happened with the Digital Waltz." he quietly said, looking at the road ahead:

"...I uh... just wanted to say this, at least once.

I'm sorry about what I put you through in Adelheid.

I'm sorry about what my father did"

He went silent again. After about 10 minutes of driving, the two SUV's pulled to a slow stop, next to a massive police barricade that blocked off the entire road.

"...have to go on foot from here" Tomas said, stepping out of the car: "The police surrounded the house in a 500 meter radius.
As far as we can tell, the killer is still in the building and unaware of our presence.

We'll approach through the back alleys and keep a low profile, until the last possible moment. If all goes well, we'll catch him by surprise"

He waved to the eight Nyx troopers that stepped out of the SUV's as well:
"On me. Single file."

The batponies formed a line and began silently moving. Passing the police perimeter, you sneak into the dark back alleys that crisscrossed the buildings in this area.
Everything seemed very old here. The buildings must have been built half a century ago. Some kind of apartment complexes that were abandoned and left to decay, long ago. They looked like they could crumble at any moment.

Several minutes pass, before you slowly approach a large wooden house. It only had one floor. The windows were boarded shut from the inside. It stood in the middle of a dirty back alley, surrounded by buildings just like it.

Around the building, in the shadows, you spot well over 20 police officers in heavy gear. A SWAT team, by the looks of it.
The appear to be covertly watching the building and waiting in silence.

"Stack up on the front door" Tomas said, coming closer. The batponies falling in behind you.

The SWAT team began to move as well, coming up closer, in a single file formation.

Tomas waited, then looked at you:

"...how do you wonna play this? Breach the door asap, go in loud, shock and awe tactics.
Or try to pick the lock, sneak in silently?"

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

229Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Tue 28 Aug - 21:26

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Police Station)

Using the heat sensing device, you scan Kathy's heat output.

Her body temperature appears to be dangerously low. She's about to go into hypothermia.

Harlequin returned with a med-pack and began pulling out something to measure the blood pressure.

"G-guys... really... I'm fine" Kathy said, nervously rubbing her fingers: "Y-you don't have to..."

230Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Tue 28 Aug - 21:47

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Taking a position that hides her, the purple pony looks around.

"It's hard to tell. Picking the locks will give us a chance to sneak up on our target, provided we get the drop on him. But if he gets the drop on us, we're in big trouble."

She rubs her chin in thought.

"But if we barge in loudly, we might get easily to a situation where restraint become unfeasable, forcing us to kill him. While we should kill him, we need the information he holds even more."

She takes a look. "I would say sneak in, but are we certain we can do that silently? No creaking floors and such?"

231Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Tue 28 Aug - 22:07

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain rises in altitude, "Easy... lets slow it down." She hovers for a few moments to let amy catch up before moving again. She flys over the boulder and scans the area.

232Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 29 Aug - 8:31

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The Abandoned House)

"There's no way to be certain, I'm afraid" Tom said with regret: "Anything can happen. The house appears to be wooden and very old, but we'll try to remain as quiet as possible"

One of the local SWAT officers quietly approached you and called:

"Ma'am, after scouting this area, we've only found this one door to the house. It appears to be the only way in and out.
However, we're located deep in the slums of Beusoleil. This area is ruled by poverty, mostly populated by earth ponies. It is very poorly mapped.

There may be a number of underground back exits to this house, that we're not aware of.
We need to take an approach that nabs the suspect, before he has a chance to use an unknown exit"

233Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 29 Aug - 8:31

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Ducre Mountain)

The batponies slowed down. One of them was carrying Sand and looked at her for a moment:
"Ma'am how are you holding up?"

Amy caught up to you after a few moments. She's really out of breath.

As you begin to fly over the boulder, an eerie feeling began to creep at the pit of your stomach. You fly over the boulder, and suddenly come up against a tall chain link fence.
The fence looks makeshift and new, must have been placed here recently.

Various red colored signs were hanging from it, unfortunately you can't seem to read them. They appear to be written in Tesian.

As you look beyond the chain link fence, out in the distance, you spot it.

A massive transparent pillar.

It stood atop a small plateau on the mountain, massive in scope and grandeur. It stretched into the sky for at least a kilometer in height. Bizarre, unfamiliar and intricate carvings riddled its surface.

The pillar was transparent. You could see right through it, yet its presence could not be mistaken.

Looking up at the sky, you note that its standing firmly in the eye of the storm. The thunder clouds up above, were slowly swirling around it.
Now and then, a dim flash of blue light would come out of the clouds and strike the top of the pillar. Yet there was no sound. No thunder.

Looking around, you note that the makeshift fence was surrounding the pillar, in a very wide radius.
The red signs on the fence were numerous.

"Guys.." Amy called: "There's something wrong with my earpiece, I'm only getting white noise" she called, hovering in place and heavily breathing.

234Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 29 Aug - 8:49

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain glares ahead, "I say we cross." She slowly comes to a landing in front of the fence, "What in the name of my sisters gods and heaven is this..." she looks to it curiously, "Its like a lightning rod... I think it is gathering energy from the storm." She pulls out her radio and and pockets it. Pulling out her phone she attempts to turn it on.

235Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 29 Aug - 9:42

Dan One

Dan One

Even though she is shivering from the altitude and cold, Sand still retrieves her sketchbook from inside her coat and begin to draw the anomaly and the environment around it. The great thing about paper and pencil was that it couldn't be hacked or affected like electronics. Though if she dropped it she may have just as well been using a camera. So she grips her book with iron digits. Her fingers curled around and latched to the top of the pages.

"N-no I-m e-even m-m-ore c-confused" Sand forces the words out through a vibrating jaw.

236Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 29 Aug - 13:17

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Using the heat sensing device, you scan Kathy's heat output.

Her body temperature appears to be dangerously low. She's about to go into hypothermia.

Harlequin returned with a med-pack and began pulling out something to measure the blood pressure.

"G-guys... really... I'm fine" Kathy said, nervously rubbing her fingers: "Y-you don't have to..."

"You're really not fine" Rogue says, coming over to help Harlequin with the medipack "According to my readings, you're dangerously close to hypothermia. Do we have any blankets and hot non-alcoholic drinks here?"

237Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 29 Aug - 17:21

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"Hmmmm..."

She looks around, then does a stomp on the ground. It does nothing.

"The sewers run here as well, right? That may be the clearest way of escape in the home to me. Plus it forces the tunnels to be build around it..."

She looks around. "If we can, find a way in through the sewers. Then we can prepare a pincer formation on him. We split up into equal teams for the search."

238Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 29 Aug - 17:58

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The Abandoned House)

"Roger that ma'am, I'll inform the men" the SWAT officer said, then pealed off, relaying the instructions over the radio.

The next several minutes went by in a state of intense silence. The batponies and local police remained stationed around the house, in hiding, just watching it for any trace of movement.
This entire time, the whole area was eerily silent.

After what seemed like an eternity, the SWAT officer returned and began to whisper:

"You were right. The sewer system runs just below us. I sent a unit down there.
Ma'am, they believe they found an underground entrance into this house.

They're standing just outside a heavy metal door, that must lead into this houses basement. They're ready to breach on our signal.

What are your orders?"

239Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 29 Aug - 17:58

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Police Station)

"They should have something like that here" Harlequin said, then nodded to one of her men: "Bring some blankets and hot tea"

"Ma'am" one of the Nyx soldiers nodded and pealed off.

Harlequin took Kathy's blood pressure. Her expression began turning grave. She politely smiled to Kathy, then approached you and quietly whispered:

"...Rogue, her blood pressure is dangerously low, 70 on 30 mmHg. This is a life threatening situation. If it goes any lower.." she looked in Kathy's direction.
Kathy was ghostly pale, nervously twisting her head back and forth.

"The temperature in here is fine. She shouldn't be hypothermic and I don't understand the reason for her being pale, with such low blood pressure levels...

Something is wrong with her" Harlequin said with worry: "We need to do something. If her condition continues to worsen like this, she may die"

One of the Nyx troopers returned with several warm blankets and Harlequin proceeded to wrap Kathy in them.
Kathy is becoming more and more fidgety by the second.

Last edited by Kaylee Brown on Wed 29 Aug - 18:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

240Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 29 Aug - 17:58

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Ducre Mountain)

As you examine your phone, the display reads 'No Signal'.

Amy landed and did the same with her phone:
"...there's no reception in this area. But.. there should be, we're not that far from the city" she looked back at Beusoleil in the distance.

The other batponies landed together with Sand and spread out along the fence a little, looking around and scanning the area.

"...anyone know any Tesian?" Amy asked in an unsure tone, looking with worry at the red signs on the fence:

"... should we go over... I.. uh.... I have a bad feeling all of a sudden..." she quietly mumbled.

The feeling she described was more than nerves. You felt it too. Something was stirring in the pit of your stomach, making you more and more uneasy with each passing moment.
This feeling felt familiar somehow. You've felt this before, quite recently.

241Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 29 Aug - 18:33

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

With a frown rain stares past the fence, "I'll cross you stay here until i get to the other side" she rises back into the air and crosses over the fense landing on the other side.

242Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 29 Aug - 18:54

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"Understood. Sewer squad!" After the words left her mouth, she pondered. "That could've be phrased better."

She returns to speak. "Prepare to open that door and enter the place. As for the rest of us, we'll go from the front. On my signal, we enter both at once. Is that clear?"

She tries to slip to the front door.

243Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 29 Aug - 19:16

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The Abandoned House)

"Roger that ma'am, on your go" someone replied in your earpiece.

Quietly unsheathing a katana, Tomas stood just behind you and tapped you on the shoulder, indicating he's ready.

244Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 29 Aug - 19:16

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Ducre Mountain)

At first, nothing happened. Amy and the batponies were wearily looking at you, sometimes taking the time to scan the surroundings again.

Once the feeling of blood lust descended upon you, it was too late. The closer you got to the pillar, the more vividly you felt it.
The need to harm, injure and kill someone. Anyone. It didn't matter.

It felt just like it did in your dreams, just like it did at the University.

When you looked at the pillar, you couldn't see it, but you felt it, deep in your bones.

The pillar was a pulsating beacon, emitting wave after wave of horror and blood lust.

You feel a little more control over yourself, than you did at the University. You're not sure why, but you're still in control.
You're not sure how long you can hold out, however. The close proximity to the pillar is beginning to heavily press on you.

"R-Rain!" Amy called in alarm. She must've started feeling something as well.

"Rain!" She screamed out again.

Out in the distance you could see a unit of 20 men, clearly soldiers in full body armor, rapidly sprinting in your direction, up the side of the mountain.
They were a good kilometer away. You don't recognize their uniforms from this distance. The wind carried their loud barking, as they approached.

You can't make out the words, but they sounded pissed off.

245Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 29 Aug - 19:58

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain grits her teeth her hand shakes slightly she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, she draws her revolver and pulls the hammer back and begins firing shots at the soldiers coming over the hill.

246Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 29 Aug - 22:09

Dan One

Dan One

Sand crouches down in the snow and wraps her arms around her body. She stares at the incoming group, doing her best to gather as much detail as she can. If there is nothing recognizable about the armor she searches to see if it appears inspired by anything. Other cultures, myths, stories, anything that could provide insight to them.

247Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 29 Aug - 22:14

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"LETS GO!" She shouts, "YOU FUCKING UNICORNS RUINED THIS CITY! YOU DONT SCARE ME I'LL PAINT THIS GROUND WITH YA!" She calls firing a few more shots.

248Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 29 Aug - 22:18

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"They should have something like that here" Harlequin said, then nodded to one of her men: "Bring some blankets and hot tea"

"Ma'am" one of the Nyx soldiers nodded and pealed off.

Harlequin took Kathy's blood pressure. Her expression began turning grave. She politely smiled to Kathy, then approached you and quietly whispered:

"...Rogue, her blood pressure is dangerously low, 70 on 30 mmHg. This is a life threatening situation. If it goes any lower.." she looked in Kathy's direction.
Kathy was ghostly pale, nervously twisting her head back and forth.

"The temperature in here is fine. She shouldn't be hypothermic and I don't understand the reason for her being pale, with such low blood pressure levels...

Something is wrong with her" Harlequin said with worry: "We need to do something. If her condition continues to worsen like this, she may die"

One of the Nyx troopers returned with several warm blankets and Harlequin proceeded to wrap Kathy in them.
Kathy is becoming more and more fidgety by the second.

"Could it be something to do with the ritual?" Rogue whispers to Harlequin "The murderer uses a flaming sword, she's getting colder, maybe there's some sort of symbolism there?"

249Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 30 Aug - 7:17

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

She nods in acknowledgement. She looks around the group, to see if the others are ready.

"Understood." she activates her radio again. "Okay, on your mark."

"Get ready..."

"Go!"

250Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 10 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 30 Aug - 16:12

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Rogue and Twilight)

"Rogue, Harlequin, this is Tomas. I'm patching you to our radio feed, so you can monitor our mission, over" Tomas said into his earpiece.

The SWAT officer closest to the front door, gently pulled at the handle. The door opened with a slight creek.

"...he left the door unlocked. Odd." you heard the officer over the earpiece.

One by one, the unit stepped into the house, moving in silence and unison. A dark wooden interior came into view. Cobwebs, dust and decaying furniture filled the living room. An old desk, a broken vase and a moth eaten sofa came into view.
The air was stale and heavy. It looked like no one came in here for years, but the recent footprints on the dusty floor, said otherwise.

Quickly scanning the room and squinting into the darkness, you see no one, until a faint glitter of light attracted your attention, at the end of the room. It came from below, from a staircase leading into the basement.

"...Sewer Team, we have contact! Contact in the basement!" you heard voices in your earpiece:
"POLICE! DOWN! GET DOWN ON THE GROUND! DO IT N-AAAH FUCK!!" you heard some kind loud impact, coming from the basement.

"...son of a bitch... what is that?..." you heard a haggard voice in the earpiece:
"......Attention all units! Suspect contained! Repeat!
The suspect is contained! Over!
"

"...Contained?.." Tomas whispered: "Odd choice of words... what did he mean?"

//Soundtrack

Rapidly moving toward the basement, you are met with a faint smell of Rose Hips. Descending the stairs, you began noticing some strange herbs, hanging in bulks from screws on the walls. Someone left them here to dry up and tied together with a rubber band.

A few moments, later you step into a very large basement, illuminated by numerous candles that haphazardly stood along the walls. A dozen or so SWAT officers already stood there. And in the middle of them, some distance away, sat a man.

One look at him was enough to deduce, he knew only war for most of his life.
His face was riddled with horrible scars, new and old. Some of them looked bizarre, as if they'd taken chunks out of his face. You can't imagine what kind of weapon would leave marks like that.

He quietly sat on the floor, his eyes closed, with an expression of concentrated tranquility.
It looks like he's meditating.
His ears slightly moved as you entered. He is clearly aware of your presence but he didn't open his eyes.

His body was covered in some kind of leather and metal armor. You've never seen a design like that before. No weapons were visible anywhere. He appears to be unarmed at a glance.

Looking down at the floor, you notice he's sitting atop three different pentagrams, all drawn in a different color. They didn't match the ones you saw before, at the other crime scenes.

Tomas looked at him and began slowly approaching.

"Wait up" one of the Sewer Team called: "Watch" the SWAT officer slowly moved his sword in the direction of the serial killer.
At some point, the officers sword stopped moving and bounced off, as if repelled by an invisible barrier.

Just at that moment, a transparent sphere became visible around the serial killer. It completely encased him and the pentagrams on the floor.
It shimmered in the light for a few moments, then faded from view.

"...some kind of... transparent force field..." the SWAT officer said: "He's surrounded by it"

The serial killer of Beusoleil remained still, seemingly meditating on the floor with his eyes closed.
The staggering amount of armed men in the room, didn't seem to bother him in the slightest.

He continued sitting with his eyes closed, ignoring everything around him.

Last edited by Kaylee Brown on Thu 30 Aug - 16:15; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum