The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 26]

501Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Sat 29 Sep - 13:09

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Everyone)

Inside the Equestrian battleship, the admiral only had time to turn back and sneer at Twilight, before he noticed the stunning bolt in her palm:

"What?!-" he hissed in shock, before the bolt hit him right between the shoulder blades, making him violently tumble forward, over his console and crash onto the floor, kicking up documents and pencils into the air.

The papers flew over the bridge, as the crew briefly glanced back at the unconscious admiral and Twilight. Several tense moments of shock ticked by, before their heads turned back to the consoles.

"...you... don't understand..." one of them muttered into his headset: "...what it means to be given an order...
You declared martial law... you know Mercer is missing and her Vice-Councilor dead... Admiral Bradford is the acting Councilor now... and his word overrules all others...

For us, the Equestrian soldiers... His... his orders must be obeyed... whether we like it or not... HIS ORDERS MUST BE OBEYED!" the sailor screamed out in desperation.

With another deafening series of shock waves, the barrage from the Equestrian fleet continued.

"GOD DAMN YOU CHARLES!" Harlequin barked, smashing her fist onto the decks guard rail.

Amy was rapidly breathing, her hands were shaking as she reached for her earpiece:
"I... I've sent a request to the Union Intelligence branch. They'll verify if we're not just shelling our own cities by firing into the pillar, but.. it will take time, this can't be done quickly..."

"This is the Altheian Councilor" you heard a voice on the radio: "...I'm ordering the Sonic Cannons to be engaged against the Equestrian fleet... I will take responsibility for this..."

"...this is insanity..." The Verrian captain exhaled into the radio: "...we're shooting at our own people now?......... ENGAGE THE SONIC CANNONS!" he barked at someone.

Several seconds passed, before you noticed a very faint screeching at the edge of your hearing. It wasn't painful, but its presence was felt.

"...what.. is that all it can do?" Amy quietly asked: "I don't feel any different"

"That's because we're not in the firing line" Tomas grimly replied.

Back on the Equestrian fleet, Twilight suddenly felt inexplicably dizzy. The room started to heavily spin and the floor came crashing into you. You barely had the time to lift your palms up, to avoid falling flat on your face, somehow ending up on all fours.
You lost all sense of spacial orientation and suddenly vomited over the floor.

All around you, you heard similar sounds and panicked screams of the sailors, as they began grabbing their heads and falling onto their consoles or dropping down on the floor.

The barrage from the Equestrian warships had finally stopped, covering the coast in a relative silence.

The pillar stood untouched, in the middle of a scorched coastline. Only the faint ripples of air around its surface, indicated it was still active.

"...3 minutes on the timer.." Harlequin quietly said into the radio: "It will stay open for only 3 more minutes.

Everyone, into the VTOL, we're taking off" she called across the deck and jumped into the vertical airplane:

"...you're probably right, there may be a way to disrupt the mechanism that's generating the pillar, on the other side.
We'll fly toward the coast and go to their world. I don't see another option. The pillar is still standing and if it manifests completely, our world is doomed..."

Harlequins voice softly echoed over the radio waves, Twilight could hear it. Though still suffering from severe dizziness and loss of spacial orientation, she could feel her magic capacity still being largely full. In her bones, she could feel she could still use her magic.

"A potential suicide mission with the fate of the world at stake, does it say something that i'm getting nostalgic?" Rogue asks as he runs to the chopper.

View user profile

502Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Sat 29 Sep - 14:09

"AAAAARGH!" Twilight clutches her head, dropping to her knees. She tries to keep herself together enough to cast something to protect her from the sound. It didn't work at first.

However, at the words of Harlequin, she collects herself. She casted a speel to protect her from sound attack, which gve her some room to catch her breath.

After a few seconds, she spoke into the radio.

"Don't... Go in..."A groan follows. "There must still be options here... On this side. DO NOT... GO IN."

View user profile

503Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Sat 29 Sep - 17:55

Rain steps aboard the VTOL, "What are we?, some kinda suicide squad?"she frowns looking to her friends, "Harle im not sure i agree with you on this mission... buttttt what other choice do we have currently." She rubs her eyes and waiting for all the companions to get on before waving the vtol off.

Fire lets out a gentle purr, a smile growing on her face, "Ohohoh~" she gets on her phone contacting the consoler who owns the ship, "Hay there~ I see you have those sonic weapons... Im wondering if we can make a trade... or perhapse you can make another one in turn I can make you a little paldenia something in exchange."

View user profile

504Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Sun 30 Sep - 7:34

Dunemere looks between the pillar and the ship. Her expression shifting between worry and curiosity. After a moment she shakes her head.

"Suicide is right, how do you know that thing isn't just going to kill you the moment you step through? Or that the people on the other side won't kill you on sight? But the chance to see an entirely new world! Damn it, I'll go." she lets out a frustrated sigh and pulls out her phone. She steps on to the VTOL while she makes her call

"Yeah, hey...something about a portal to another world...we've only got a short window to go through...you're sure? If I die then....Ok...I'll make it back...Love you too."

Radiance jumps on the VTOL as well. Then responds to Twilight on the radio "Sorry Twilight, we don't have the time to come up with another plan. Everyone here is apprehensive about going through but it's either try in this short time gap and regret it in three minutes, or do nothing and possibly regret it for the rest of our lives."

View user profile

505Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Sun 30 Sep - 16:54

//Soundtrack

Harlequin grimly and quietly nodded: "...I just don't see a better option"

She heavily swallowed, as the VTOL began spinning its engines: "...our children...
If I don't do everything in my power to protect them... I will regret it for the rest of my life... I'd rather die"

Tom jumped into the plane behind her, then placed his palm on Amy's shoulder, before she could jump on:
"...stay behind... please..." he quietly whispered to her: "..you.. didn't train for combat... you shouldn't die here..."

Amy bitterly looked at him, standing in place on the deck of the Sunray, as engines of the vertical plane spun, turning at a ninety degrees angle and rapidly entering horizontal flight, leaving Amy behind.
As the plane flew toward the pillar, you could see the rising sun illuminate the fleets down below, their silhouettes casting long shadows over the ocean.

The flight that felt like an eternity, only lasted a minute. As the VTOL flew just past the shoreline, you saw several figures step out of the pillar.
You couldn't see their faces at this distance, but you could tell they were screaming.

One of them, spread his hands wide open and began rising into the air, without wings, as if an invisible force grabbed him by the chest and pulled upward.
A terrifyingly large pentagram appeared on the scorched earth around him, so big, it was over a kilometer in diameter.

The figure that rose into the air, screamed harder, as flames began to envelop his body, consuming him from within. In just a few seconds, his body turned to ash and crumbled, leaving behind only a tiny spark of light, that suddenly flew directly into the clouds and vanished there.

A deafening thunder rocked the horizon and the skies began turning red, engulfing the area with an oppressive red shine.

Moments ticked by, before a swarm of massive burning objects, began to fall from the clouds. Slowly, steadily, they emerged out of the red storm and streaked towards the fleets down below. Meteors, burning with a sickly orange flame. Massive bodies of melting rock and lava, a hundred meters in radius.

As the first one struck an Equestrian cruiser, the ship sunk into the water, instantly cut in half, as the meteor heavily fell on its bridge, crushing its structure and flattening everything in its path. The front and back halves of the ship, rose high over the water, as the ships frame melted and collapsed, under the pressure of the meteor, before violently exploding, sending melting debris flying around it.

The meteors slowly fell and struck with a deafening impact. Out of the window of the VTOL, you could see the Equestrian fleet become swallowed by flame, as the ships slowly exploded, one by one, violently torn apart, melting.

"TURN OFF THE SONIC CANNONS!" someone shrieked over the radio, just before the airwaves were filled with gut wrenching screams. The sound of dying sailors, shrieking in agony, as the fire burned them alive, has deafened you, blocking out every other sound. You couldn't shield yourself from it.

Twilight only had time to look through the front windows and realize what's happening, before a meteor struck her vessel. A massive explosion rocked the ships frame, instantly bending the floor upwards and cracking it down the middle.
The explosion came from behind, engulfing the bridge in fire and violently throwing Twilight into the consoles in front. The heat of the flames began burning her skin, as the crewmen screamed around her.

Shattered glass flew everywhere, as the windows cracked open and the entire bridge tilted upward. The nose of the ship rising out of the water, at a forty five degree angle, under the pressure of the meteor.

Twilight could barely breath. Sliding over the floor, she fell onto the wall behind her, as the ship continued to tilt up. There was nothing but fire around her. Smoke began filling her lungs. Broken glass and metal debris fell from above, the screams of the crewmen began blocking off every other sound.

The barrage on the pillar was renewed, the few surviving Equestrian vessels firing off stray shells in its direction. Some struck the shoreline, off target, others struck the pillar itself, vanishing in thin air.

"EVASIVE ACTION!" Harlequin suddenly screamed, just as another Witcher suddenly screamed and began turning to ash. His body turned into a sphere of burning lava and streaked towards the VTOL. The plane pulled a sharp turn to the left, a second too late.

Its right engine was struck by the sphere, violently exploding and tearing its wing off. The VTOL started to spin, rapidly plummeting toward the ground. Fire and debris flew outside the window, as the forces of motion threw you against the wall and pinned you there, as the aircraft spinned out of control.

The screams of the crew echoed around you, as the horrifying fall began to turn more and more violent. Your heart was rapidly beating, the horrifying feeling of free fall engulfed you and swallowed you whole.

The crash came suddenly, abruptly, as the VTOL violently fell onto the shore, twisting and flipping several times, it rolled through the sand, before coming to a slow grinding stop on its ceiling. The force of the impact knocked the wind out of you, small pieces of debris violently piercing your body.

Smaller explosions, somewhere in the fuselage followed, sparks of electricity and the cracking of flame. Motionless bodies and blood, covered the inside of the plane.

Your vision darkened. Through the broken, cracked windows of the VTOL, you could only see fire and a red sky.
The screaming in the radio, never stopped for a second.

"......-massive casualties!... 21 ships downs!..... crew in the water!.... We're taking fire!....... -fleet is combat ineffective.... requesting evac!........ Can anyone hear us? We're taking fire! We're taking- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH--------..................."

"...what.. disgusting firepower..." you heard Harlequins quiet voice. As you looked in that direction, your heart fell. Harlequin was laying on the floor of the VTOL, in a pool of her own blood. A long piece of debris sticking out of her stomach.
She held it with one hand, slowly breathing, her face sickly pale.

"Councilor... where... are you" Tom faintly called.
He was sitting on the floor, blood slowly trickling down his face, both of his cybernetic eyes shattered. His robotic arm was violently twisted and torn, pinned to the floor by a series of pipes, preventing his movement:
"...I can't see... I can't... see..." he quietly whispered, over and over.

The exit door of the VTOL was bent out of shape, stuck in place. You could hear the faint sound of fuel dripping somewhere in the back of the plane.

As you tried to look through the broken windows of the VTOL again, you could only see the base of the pillar, some 500 meters away.
One after another, a Witcher appeared at its base, slowly rising into the air, as if scooped up by an invisible force. His body burning to ash, as he screamed, before turning into a ball of flame and flying toward the fleet in the distance.

"...they're... killing themselves..." Harlequin slowly said, her voice very quiet, hoarse.

"...you... need to leave... get out of the plane.." Harlequin whispered, slowly and heavily breathing, as blood continued to pool under her. Her hand slowly lost grip on the piece of debris in her stomach, and fell to her side.

Massive explosions echoed in the distance, a few stray shells from the fleet landing close to your position, making your blood turn cold with every impact, as they exploded dangerously close.

View user profile http://ultimate.forumotion.com

506Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Sun 30 Sep - 18:07

Kaylee Brown wrote:
//Soundtrack

Harlequin grimly and quietly nodded: "...I just don't see a better option"

She heavily swallowed, as the VTOL began spinning its engines: "...our children...
If I don't do everything in my power to protect them... I will regret it for the rest of my life... I'd rather die"

Tom jumped into the plane behind her, then placed his palm on Amy's shoulder, before she could jump on:
"...stay behind... please..." he quietly whispered to her: "..you.. didn't train for combat... you shouldn't die here..."

Amy bitterly looked at him, standing in place on the deck of the Sunray, as engines of the vertical plane spun, turning at a ninety degrees angle and rapidly entering horizontal flight, leaving Amy behind.
As the plane flew toward the pillar, you could see the rising sun illuminate the fleets down below, their silhouettes casting long shadows over the ocean.

The flight that felt like an eternity, only lasted a minute. As the VTOL flew just past the shoreline, you saw several figures step out of the pillar.
You couldn't see their faces at this distance, but you could tell they were screaming.

One of them, spread his hands wide open and began rising into the air, without wings, as if an invisible force grabbed him by the chest and pulled upward.
A terrifyingly large pentagram appeared on the scorched earth around him, so big, it was over a kilometer in diameter.

The figure that rose into the air, screamed harder, as flames began to envelop his body, consuming him from within. In just a few seconds, his body turned to ash and crumbled, leaving behind only a tiny spark of light, that suddenly flew directly into the clouds and vanished there.

A deafening thunder rocked the horizon and the skies began turning red, engulfing the area with an oppressive red shine.

Moments ticked by, before a swarm of massive burning objects, began to fall from the clouds. Slowly, steadily, they emerged out of the red storm and streaked towards the fleets down below. Meteors, burning with a sickly orange flame. Massive bodies of melting rock and lava, a hundred meters in radius.

As the first one struck an Equestrian cruiser, the ship sunk into the water, instantly cut in half, as the meteor heavily fell on its bridge, crushing its structure and flattening everything in its path. The front and back halves of the ship, rose high over the water, as the ships frame melted and collapsed, under the pressure of the meteor, before violently exploding, sending melting debris flying around it.

The meteors slowly fell and struck with a deafening impact. Out of the window of the VTOL, you could see the Equestrian fleet become swallowed by flame, as the ships slowly exploded, one by one, violently torn apart, melting.

"TURN OFF THE SONIC CANNONS!" someone shrieked over the radio, just before the airwaves were filled with gut wrenching screams. The sound of dying sailors, shrieking in agony, as the fire burned them alive, has deafened you, blocking out every other sound. You couldn't shield yourself from it.

Twilight only had time to look through the front windows and realize what's happening, before a meteor struck her vessel. A massive explosion rocked the ships frame, instantly bending the floor upwards and cracking it down the middle.
The explosion came from behind, engulfing the bridge in fire and violently throwing Twilight into the consoles in front. The heat of the flames began burning her skin, as the crewmen screamed around her.

Shattered glass flew everywhere, as the windows cracked open and the entire bridge tilted upward. The nose of the ship rising out of the water, at a forty five degree angle, under the pressure of the meteor.

Twilight could barely breath. Sliding over the floor, she fell onto the wall behind her, as the ship continued to tilt up. There was nothing but fire around her. Smoke began filling her lungs. Broken glass and metal debris fell from above, the screams of the crewmen began blocking off every other sound.

The barrage on the pillar was renewed, the few surviving Equestrian vessels firing off stray shells in its direction. Some struck the shoreline, off target, others struck the pillar itself, vanishing in thin air.

"EVASIVE ACTION!" Harlequin suddenly screamed, just as another Witcher suddenly screamed and began turning to ash. His body turned into a sphere of burning lava and streaked towards the VTOL. The plane pulled a sharp turn to the left, a second too late.

Its right engine was struck by the sphere, violently exploding and tearing its wing off. The VTOL started to spin, rapidly plummeting toward the ground. Fire and debris flew outside the window, as the forces of motion threw you against the wall and pinned you there, as the aircraft spinned out of control.

The screams of the crew echoed around you, as the horrifying fall began to turn more and more violent. Your heart was rapidly beating, the horrifying feeling of free fall engulfed you and swallowed you whole.

The crash came suddenly, abruptly, as the VTOL violently fell onto the shore, twisting and flipping several times, it rolled through the sand, before coming to a slow grinding stop on its ceiling. The force of the impact knocked the wind out of you, small pieces of debris violently piercing your body.

Smaller explosions, somewhere in the fuselage followed, sparks of electricity and the cracking of flame. Motionless bodies and blood, covered the inside of the plane.

Your vision darkened. Through the broken, cracked windows of the VTOL, you could only see fire and a red sky.
The screaming in the radio, never stopped for a second.

"......-massive casualties!... 21 ships downs!..... crew in the water!.... We're taking fire!....... -fleet is combat ineffective.... requesting evac!........ Can anyone hear us? We're taking fire! We're taking- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH--------..................."

"...what.. disgusting firepower..." you heard Harlequins quiet voice. As you looked in that direction, your heart fell. Harlequin was laying on the floor of the VTOL, in a pool of her own blood. A long piece of debris sticking out of her stomach.
She held it with one hand, slowly breathing, her face sickly pale.

"Councilor... where... are you" Tom faintly called.
He was sitting on the floor, blood slowly trickling down his face, both of his cybernetic eyes shattered. His robotic arm was violently twisted and torn, pinned to the floor by a series of pipes, preventing his movement:
"...I can't see... I can't... see..." he quietly whispered, over and over.

The exit door of the VTOL was bent out of shape, stuck in place. You could hear the faint sound of fuel dripping somewhere in the back of the plane.

As you tried to look through the broken windows of the VTOL again, you could only see the base of the pillar, some 500 meters away.
One after another, a Witcher appeared at its base, slowly rising into the air, as if scooped up by an invisible force. His body burning to ash, as he screamed, before turning into a ball of flame and flying toward the fleet in the distance.

"...they're... killing themselves..." Harlequin slowly said, her voice very quiet, hoarse.

"...you... need to leave... get out of the plane.." Harlequin whispered, slowly and heavily breathing, as blood continued to pool under her. Her hand slowly lost grip on the piece of debris in her stomach, and fell to her side.

Massive explosions echoed in the distance, a few stray shells from the fleet landing close to your position, making your blood turn cold with every impact, as they exploded dangerously close.

"Roll call, who's still up?" Rogue coughs as he regains his bearings and tears off his seatbelt. Dropping to the floor, he winces slightly, and moves over to Harlequin. When he spots the chest injury, he signs, "Yeah, we're leaving, but not without the whole crew, just hold on."

He then goes over to Tom, "Keep calm Tom, doesn't look too serious. Your eyes've blown out, and your metal arm's pinned down by pipework, might have to leave it behind" he says as he looks for any sort of functioning release mechanism on the arm itself, or a convienient sword or axe lying around that he could use to cut it off.

"Rain, if you can, find a medkit and see to Harlequin, she needs stabilising stat" Rogue calls out, "Dunemere, check the door, see if you can shift or cut it, look for alternative exits if not, we're leaking fuel and that means our time here's limited. Radiance, can you take over with Tom, i'm going to check the cockpit, see how the pilots faired."

View user profile

507Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Sun 30 Sep - 18:38

Rain sits in silence for a long moment, her body in shock from the crash, as she recovers she blinks and looks down, "Oh...Oh no..." she shakes her head crawling up next to Harle, "no...nonono..." she looks around the vetol looking for a medkit, anything to stop the bleeding, she bites her lip, "Nows not a good time Harle, Y-you aren't dying on me, not today..." she places a hand on her chest, she grits her teeth looking to the debris, "Please go up with her, please god... wait." She fumbles with her standard radio, "F-Fire! Send a transport to the Vtol! Please god do it now." Each breath was shakey as she tries her best to keep it together.

Rains ears perk as rogue speaks up, "Y-Yeah..." she pulls a kit from under a chair and searches through it, bandeges, sutures, a caughtery oddly enough no thanks, disinfectant, fuck this'll work for the time being." She wraps her fist around the debris and bites her lip, "Shes going to start bleeding out quickly... I wont be able to stop it until these bandages get around her tight... no blood can escape after that..." she places the start of the bandage under harle and rolls it across her stomach, "Fuck... Harle, this is going to hurt... alot... im sorry." She places a hand on her back to support it, another under her legs she takes a deep breath, "Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck GO!" She quickly pulls harle up and sets her off to the side of the debris and instantly gets to work, "Goddamnit fucking... mistake after mistake this whole idea was a mistake!"

Fire growls, "send our boys ashore, get moving now. Go go go!" She leans back in her chair covering her face, "fucking.... celestia be damned..."

Last edited by A Sinner on Sun 30 Sep - 23:11; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

508Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Sun 30 Sep - 18:53

From the sound waves, to the tossing around, and the continous assault of glass, debris and scream, Twilight thought it was a dark miracle she was still alive, let alone consious.

"urgh.... calm..."

Letting out a violent coughing fit, which brought up a little blood as well, she tried sitting up as well as she could. A task far harder then it should be. She felt like throwing up, with her equilibrium this thrown into dissoray.

She tried to steady herself, then screamed. "MEN! COMPOSE YOURSELF! CALM DOWN AND MAKE A SAFE EXIT! PANICKING WONT SOLVE ANYTHING!"

She tried to find a door, with her disorientation, she opted to just make one. She focussed her power and shot a blast right at a wall, hoping it was enough.

View user profile

509Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Mon 1 Oct - 10:16

As you examine Toms arm, you can't seem to spot anything in the dark, through the layers of blood and dirt coating his clothes.
"...there's a.. release mechanism.. just below the shoulder joint.." Tom quietly said: ".. you'll have to..  cut the shirt open. It will look like a.. metal stump, the cybernetic arm is connected to it. Twist it clockwise and.. it should.. come off"

Before entering the cockpit, you had to step over two bodies of Nyx soldiers. There was no point in checking their pulse. The injuries to their torso and heads, made life impossible.

The pilot was sitting unconscious in his seat, his head turned to the side. He was pinned in place, by a massive piece of bent metal. When the nose of the VTOL ran into the ground on first impact, it caved in, its twisted metal remains now pinned the pilot into his seat, making him move almost impossible.
His body was completely covered by small cuts, pieces of glass sticking out of his arms and face, but, he was still breathing, just barely. The pressure on his chest making it hard for him to inhale.

"...Rain..." Harlequin faintly whispered. She didn't open her eyes, every word she said, required tremendous effort:
".....is our daughter... safe?..... I don't mind dying... if she's-..."

From the side windows of the plane, you could see more and more Witchers step out of the pillar. One of them conjuring a large blue sphere around the base of the pillar. When it was struck by stray shells, the sphere released a sound, akin to shattering glass with each impact, but held together, keeping its occupants safe.

The other Witchers, spreading their hands wide, conjured one pentagram after another, the pentagrams just appeared and burned bright, at the base of the pillar.
Out of the Witchers hands, flew massive spheres of fire and lightning, shooting at everything in close proximity to the shore.

The approaching aircrafts from the Paldenian fleet, the Equestrian vessels, the sniper team, hidden somewhere in the hills. The dying screams of the snipers briefly filled the radio airwaves, as a sphere of fire struck their position, turning them into ash almost immediately.

Back on the Equestrian battleship, as Twilight shot a blast into the wall, blowing a hole in it, she could see the outside of the ship through the hole. The spacial orientation slowly returned to her and she realized the bridge was tilted at a 90 degree angle, with the ships nose firmly sticking into the sky.

She was standing on a wall, the bridges exit door was somewhere under her feet, closed and bent out of shape. Through the hole she just blew, she could see the ocean below, as it slowly swallowed the battleship. If this keeps up, the bridge will be underwater in the next several minutes.

Looking over the bridge, you only see bodies, unconscious or dead, you couldn't tell. The fire that burned in the room was rapidly growing larger, consuming everything in its path. The flames painfully getting closer to you with each passing moment.

Twilight broke into another coughing fit, as a cloud of thick, dark smoke reached her.
Her knee painfully hurt, blood soaking her clothes in that area.

All around her, she could only hear explosions and dying screams, as one after another, the Equestrian ships exploded in a fiery storm.

"...30 seconds left on the timer" the Altheian councilors voice quietly rang in your headset.

Watching the pillar, you suddenly heard a muffled explosion, as a stray shell connected with the top of the pillar, shattering its tip and scattering small pieces of glittering rock in every direction. A wild, uncontrollable, blue energy string shot out and began dancing over the top of the pillar, wildly striking the ground like a lightning storm.

The Witchers looked up, as the blue string of light over the pillar grew brighter.

"...they hit?" Amy's quiet voice rang in your earpiece: "... registered hit on the pillar... its taking damage..."

Last edited by Kaylee Brown on Tue 2 Oct - 17:50; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)

510Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Mon 1 Oct - 10:32

Fire snaps her fingers, "Send the hellfire HE mix twards the top of pillar... knock their lights out..."

Rain is wrapping Harle tight in bandages, "You aren't dying... our daughters... no... they aren't... they aren't until we finish the job harle. You know that as well as I." She huffs wrapping the wound tight, "You aren't dying on me... not after you made my life."

View user profile

511Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Mon 1 Oct - 11:13

As she coughed, she dropped, being careful to fall on the right knee. With a shaky hand, she motions to the hole she made.

"Everyone... Get out of here. Fly if you can, take others if you are able. Get to safety, everyone..."

She struggles to get up, then walks there with a limp. "It won't... be... the end..."

At the hole, she casted magic again, aiming to lift everyone who couldn't walk up.

"Come on, I lifted a barn this should be easy enough!"

View user profile

512Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Mon 1 Oct - 16:22

Kaylee Brown wrote:As you examine Toms arm, you can't seem to spot anything in the dark, through the layers of blood and dirt coating his clothes.
"...there's a.. release mechanism.. just below the shoulder joint.." Tom quietly said: ".. you'll have to..  cut the shirt open. It will look like a.. metal stump, the cybernetic arm is connected to it. Twist it clockwise and.. it should.. come off"

Before entering the cockpit, you had to step over two bodies of Nyx soldiers. There was no point in checking their pulse. The injuries to their torso and heads, made life impossible.

The pilot was sitting unconscious in his seat, his head turned to the side. He was pinned in place, by a massive piece of bent metal. When the nose of the VTOL ran into the ground on first impact, it caved in, its twisted metal remains now pinned the pilot into his seat, making him move almost impossible.
His body was completely covered by small cuts, pieces of glass sticking out of his arms and face, but, he was still breathing, just barely. The pressure on his chest making it hard for him to inhale.

"...Rain..." Harlequin faintly whispered. She didn't open her eyes, every word she said, required tremendous effort:
".....is our daughter... safe?..... I don't mind dying... if she's-..."

Rogue moves back into the main cabin, "Sitrep, two troopers dead, pilot unconscious but alive, pinned down by caved-in bulkhead, looks unlikely to be shiftable." He then moves over to Tom and tears his shirt open to look for the release mechanism, twisting it when he spots it.

View user profile

513Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Mon 1 Oct - 16:29

Kaylee Brown wrote:

From the side windows of the plane, you could see more and more Witchers step out of the pillar. One of them conjuring a large blue sphere around the base of the pillar. When it was struck by stray shells, the sphere released a sound, akin to shattering glass with each impact, but held together, keeping its occupants safe.

The other Witchers, spreading their hands wide, conjured one pentagram after another, the pentagrams just appeared and burned bright, at the base of the pillar.
Out of the Witchers hands, flew massive spheres of fire and lightning, shooting at everything in close proximity to the shore.

The approaching aircrafts from the Paldenian fleet, the Equestrian vessels, the sniper team, hidden somewhere in the hills. The dying screams of the snipers briefly filled the radio airwaves, as a sphere of fire struck their position, turning them into ash almost immediately.

"...30 seconds left on the timer" the Altheian councilors voice quietly rang in your headset.

"Thirty seconds? With all those Witchers in the way, we'd never make it in time" Rogue says.

View user profile

514Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Mon 1 Oct - 16:34

Kaylee Brown wrote:

Watching the pillar, you suddenly heard a muffled explosion, as a stray shell connected with the top of the pillar, shattering its tip and scattering small pieces of glittering rock in every direction. A wild, uncontrollable, blue energy string shot out and began dancing over the top of the pillar, wildly striking the ground like a lightning storm.

The Witchers looked up, as the blue string of light over the pillar grew brighter.

"...they hit?" Amy's quiet voice rang in your earpiece: "... registered hit on the pillar... its taking damage..."

"That thing can take damage? Maybe because that shell hit the side rather than the front?" Rogue says.

View user profile

515Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Tue 2 Oct - 9:05

Dunmore's eyes are full wide. She's looking around with panic. Blood was mixed with her hair making her look less than sane at this moment. Her only response to Rogue is to look at him, look, and the door, then turn and stare out the window at the pillar. Oddly enough there is a slight euphoric tone to her expression. Seeming to match someone who just took place in base jumping or another adrenaline-inducing activity.

Radiance was massaging his head still. He could hear the rapid heartbeats of everyone around him. The screams outside and the pulsing of his own head. With a grunt, he pulled himself up. Noticing Dunemere hadn't moved he headed to check the door to see if he could move it at all. Giving it a hearty kick to start with then look for other options if the first action didn't work.

View user profile

516Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Tue 2 Oct - 16:56

Dunemere wrote:Dunmore's eyes are full wide. She's looking around with panic. Blood was mixed with her hair making her look less than sane at this moment. Her only response to Rogue is to look at him, look, and the door, then turn and stare out the window at the pillar. Oddly enough there is a slight euphoric tone to her expression. Seeming to match someone who just took place in base jumping or another adrenaline-inducing activity.

Radiance was massaging his head still. He could hear the rapid heartbeats of everyone around him. The screams outside and the pulsing of his own head. With a grunt, he pulled himself up. Noticing Dunemere hadn't moved he headed to check the door to see if he could move it at all. Giving it a hearty kick to start with then look for other options if the first action didn't work.

"Thanks Radiance" Rogue nods, "Dunemere, you okay?"

View user profile

517Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Tue 2 Oct - 18:01

Dunemere suddenly snaps back to reality. Jumping straight up and smacking her head on the VTOL. She groans and doubles over clutching it.

"Damn it! Ow!" she clutches her head. Then catches the sight of Harlequin and goes pale with a green tinge around the edges "So much blood, oh god.

She steadies her self against a wall and starts muttering under her breath. As if she's calming someone else down "It's fine it's only in the stomach. Rain's helping her she's not going to die. Come on Sand get your shit together. Do what you can, help Radiance open the door. Don't worry about what you can't control."

She nods to Rouge and gives him a shaky thumbs up then moves to help Radiance with the door.

View user profile

518Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Tue 2 Oct - 18:10

Harlequin seems to be falling unconscious, her breathing becoming slower, shallow. Her face sickly pale.

A loud metal screech echoed over the VTOL, as Rogue detached Tom's cybernetic arm. Its upper end released a few stray sparks, before uselessly falling onto the floor.
Tom instinctively grabbed Rogue's shoulder for support and tried to get up. His head was anxiously twisting left and right, as he tried to gather his bearings. Having to rely only on hearing, left him severely disoriented.

"We have to leave the VTOL" Tom exhaled in a raspy voice: "It may blow up at any moment...
Find cover outside... a hill or.. something... where the Witcher's won't have a direct line of fire on us" he was shakily holding on to Rogue's shoulder, seemingly hesitant to take a step on his own, afraid to trip over something.

With a direct kick, Radiance managed to somewhat pry the door open, just enough to squeeze through.

A few explosions in the distance made you flinch again. The top of the tower began to come apart, as several explosive shells struck it, launched by the Paldenian fleet. The blue energy string that danced over the top of the pillar, began growing increasingly violent and haphazard.
The Witchers under it began ducking for cover and sprinting away from the pillar, as the blue energy string hammered the shoreline like a continuous lightning strike, loudly and violently smashing the scorched earth below.

Back on the Equestrian battleship, Twilight could only spot a handful of sailors that still moved. Most of them remained laying motionless on the floor.
Very few stumbled in the direction of the makeshift exit, coughing and falling down on their knees, as they moved. Through the thick smoke and fire, you couldn't make out their faces, that were covered in ash. Some dragged others along on their backs, others moved on their own.

Looking outside through the hole, there was only the ocean, directly below. No lifeboats in sight, no emergency rafts, only an approaching body of water. The jump into the ocean promised to be a 10 meter drop.

Another small explosion behind you, almost made you trip forward. The fire was getting closer to you, hurting your skin. Most of the bridge was already aflame and it seems the fire would reach you in seconds.

519Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Tue 2 Oct - 18:47

Kaylee Brown wrote:Harlequin seems to be falling unconscious, her breathing becoming slower, shallow. Her face sickly pale.

A loud metal screech echoed over the VTOL, as Rogue detached Tom's cybernetic arm. Its upper end released a few stray sparks, before uselessly falling onto the floor.
Tom instinctively grabbed Rogue's shoulder for support and tried to get up. His head was anxiously twisting left and right, as he tried to gather his bearings. Having to rely only on hearing, left him severely disoriented.

"We have to leave the VTOL" Tom exhaled in a raspy voice: "It may blow up at any moment...
Find cover outside... a hill or.. something... where the Witcher's won't have a direct line of fire on us" he was shakily holding on to Rogue's shoulder, seemingly hesitant to take a step on his own, afraid to trip over something.

With a direct kick, Radiance managed to somewhat pry the door open, just enough to squeeze through.

A few explosions in the distance made you flinch again. The top of the tower began to come apart, as several explosive shells struck it, launched by the Paldenian fleet. The blue energy string that danced over the top of the pillar, began growing increasingly violent and haphazard.
The Witchers under it began ducking for cover and sprinting away from the pillar, as the blue energy string hammered the shoreline like a continuous lightning strike, loudly and violently smashing the scorched earth below.

"Alright, everybody out! Dunemere, you take Tom, help him off. Radiance, Rain, you two carry Harlequin" Rogue says, passing Tom over to Dunemere, "I'll head back to the pilot, see if I can use my gauntlets to cut the bulkhead and prise him out. If I recalibrate them, they can attach as well as detach electrons, and act as a blowtorch." He then moves back through the aircraft to the cockpit, and examines the caved-in metalwork for weak points where it would be easiest to cut through.

View user profile

520Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Tue 2 Oct - 19:07

With the heat coming closer, she turned to the flames and casted a spell for cold wind, to push back the smoke and lessen the dangerous heat of the flames.

"Everyone... As soon as I jump out, I'll fly out of here. But if you jump out as well, I'll carry you with my telekinesis. It's the best chance we have to escape with as many as possible. If you can fly on your own, take the lead in guiding us to safety."

She steps back, pulling some of the bodies she was sure they lived closer. Then she jumped out, the cold spell stopping. Her wings spread to catch her and she went up to the hole again.

"Okay, go, go, go!" There was authority and fear in her voice.

View user profile

521Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Tue 2 Oct - 21:03

Upon examining the metalwork of the VTOL's cockpit, you note a few weak points that could be cut to lift the load of debris from the pilot.

Several Nyx troopers that were still conscious, began sluggishly moving in your direction, trying to help as they could. Trying to pry the exit door wider, helping you carry the wounded and lift the debris off the pilot.

The constant barrage of navy shell fire began to turn you gradually deaf. The sounds of raging fires, screaming and constant explosions slowly merged into a single blood curling cacophony. It gnawed at you, subconsciously, at the back of your mind.

And as another stray shell hit the tip of the pillar, a bright spark lit up in its place, and in a single moment everything went eerily silent.

Your perception of time slowed down to a crawl. You could see the individual tiny sparks, slowly flying out of the bulkhead, the tiny grains of debris that flew across the shore, kicked in the air by the shells, the beads of sweat and blood, slowly dripping down the clothes of the people around you.

And in a split second, a blue sphere materialized at the tip of the pillar and expanded, swallowing everything in its path. The shore, the Witchers, the VTOL's wreckage, the Equestrian fleet.

You could only watch, paralyzed in place, as the painfully blinding sphere expanded in a fraction of a second and swallowed you whole.

Then, the darkness came.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The funny thing about dreams, once it starts, you don't really question the authenticity of it.
Questions like, how did I get here, why is this happening, what was I doing before, don't really enter your mind.
You just take everything in full stride.

The events feel real, your struggles are real and the dream becomes the new reality.

That's why, having a nightmare, is particularly unnerving, especially when it portrays something close to the real world.
Sometimes, just after waking up, we need a few seconds to sort out our thoughts, convince our selves and remember, that whatever happened to us in the nightmare, wasn't actually real.

The feeling of stress and subsequent relief, after remembering that the events of the dream, weren't real, can sometimes be a bit of a struggle.

But it comes nowhere close, to the extremely rare instances of our dream, when we actually realize that we're dreaming.

There's nothing quite as terrifying as the realization that you're locked inside a fictional world, while your body is laying unconscious somewhere.
The primal, subconscious instinct to wake up immediately, begins to overwhelm you at first, sometimes pushing you to violent acts in your dream, wildly waving your hands or jumping up and down, in an effort to wake yourself up, and shake your real body into motion.

Usually, it works. If not immediately, then shortly there after. Our brains must be rigged that way.
Upon realization that something's not real, upon growing self conscious of your own dream, recognizing it as such, a fiction, it doesn't take long before conscious thought enters our minds and we eventually wake up.

That's why, when you looked around this time, and realized you're in a dream, the feeling of terror paralyzed you, because you realized, no matter what you did, you couldn't wake up.

The feeling of being locked inside a fictional cage, while your real body is laying unconscious, overwhelmed you at first.
You cannot escape, you cannot wake up.

The dream started abruptly and just kept going on and on.
Becoming a terrifying, constricting cage for your mind, fictional, yet, your new reality.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//Soundtrack

A peaceful night sky, a mountain range that stretched into the horizon and a wild forest, just at the base of your feet. Majestically towering pine trees, coated in beautiful, glittering snow. An ancient and withered, leafless tree, just to your right, lowering its old branches toward you and softly moving in the wind.

This landscape, you've been here before. Saw this during so many nights, yet never in such detail.
Standing alone in a small patch of snow covered land, you shiver, as a gust of cold wind blows by.

You already know where to go, you've done this before. Even if you can't remember.

Approaching the ancient, withered tree, you search among its massive, frozen roots, looking for the entrance to the tomb down below.
You find it, just as the unseen creatures find you. You can't see them yet, but you feel their hungry eyes on your skin, watching, licking their lips, softly snapping their jaws at the thought of tearing your flesh.

There's not much time now. You jump into the gaping dark hole among the trees roots and land onto a cold stoney surface. There it is, the circular staircase, leading deeper below.

You skipped three stairs at a time and tripped, almost landing face first into the crumbling, mold ridden stone pavement. You pick yourself up, trying to catch your rapidly increasing breath and look back.

They heard it.

The small screeches and shrieks loudly echoing behind you, became even more frantic.

Fighting through the pain of a sprained foot, you push forward, running down the circular staircase, that led deeper and deeper into the ground.

How many times have you run down these stairs? How many times have you fell?

Reaching the last flight, you almost fall onto the stone floor below.
It was dark, a pale green light shining from somewhere within, did little to illuminate the stone cave.

Trying to slow down your breath, you frantically look for your target.

The door.

A massive three meter tall structure, decorated with intricate carvings and built into the middle of the wall, right in front of you.
Bizarre looking statues of two flipped pyramids, were floating on each side of the door, glowing a pale green and slowly spinning on the axis.

You walk up to the door and look at it, one final time, before slamming your shoulder into it, with every bit of your might.

It opened.

A small flash of light briefly stuns you. You blink several times and suddenly find yourself no longer alone in this cave.

Twilight, Rain, Dunemere, Rogue, Tomas and Radiance are standing here in a tight group together, in front of the open door.
They weren't here a second ago, you're sure of it. But you see them now, and they see you, conscious of you.

Looking down at your palms, you squeeze and relax your fists. The motion is deliberate.

You are in full control of your body.

Before you, is an open door, revealing a colossal cave with no bottom, on the other side. A flimsy hanging bridge, made of rope and wood, begins at the doors edge and stretches across the bottomless chasm, leading somewhere further into the darkness.

It seems to be the only way forward.

A barely notable, green colored glow, seems to be emanating from the bottom of the chasm, slightly lighting up the rope bridge.

A sudden and very loud snap of somebodies jaws, drew your attention. Whatever is chasing you, has just reached the end of the staircase, they're on the same level as you now.
You can't see the creatures, but they can see you, you feel their hungry sight on your head.
A thousand tiny claws clattering over the floor in anticipation, running toward you, hungrily snapping their teeth.

"DON'T JUST STAND THERE! RUN!" A disembodied female voice suddenly shrieked in your head.
It didn't feel like you heard it as a sound, more like someone screamed at you, inside your own thoughts:

"IF YOU DIE HERE, YOU'LL DIE IN REAL LIFE!"

522Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Tue 2 Oct - 21:20

With some confusion visible, Twilight looks at the group. She takes in the surroundings a bit more as she tries to get some orientation.

When the voice cries out in their minds, however, she pushes the questions back.

"Not sure what's going on here, but we better get a move. Act now, ask questions later."

She steps on the bridge, taking the lead. She tries to make a light to dispel the darkness, but does that even work?

View user profile

523Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Tue 2 Oct - 21:30

Kaylee Brown wrote:Upon examining the metalwork of the VTOL's cockpit, you note a few weak points that could be cut to lift the load of debris from the pilot.

Several Nyx troopers that were still conscious, began sluggishly moving in your direction, trying to help as they could. Trying to pry the exit door wider, helping you carry the wounded and lift the debris off the pilot.

The constant barrage of navy shell fire began to turn you gradually deaf. The sounds of raging fires, screaming and constant explosions slowly merged into a single blood curling cacophony. It gnawed at you, subconsciously, at the back of your mind.

And as another stray shell hit the tip of the pillar, a bright spark lit up in its place, and in a single moment everything went eerily silent.

Your perception of time slowed down to a crawl. You could see the individual tiny sparks, slowly flying out of the bulkhead, the tiny grains of debris that flew across the shore, kicked in the air by the shells, the beads of sweat and blood, slowly dripping down the clothes of the people around you.

And in a split second, a blue sphere materialized at the tip of the pillar and expanded, swallowing everything in its path. The shore, the Witchers, the VTOL's wreckage, the Equestrian fleet.

You could only watch, paralyzed in place, as the painfully blinding sphere expanded in a fraction of a second and swallowed you whole.

Then, the darkness came.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The funny thing about dreams, once it starts, you don't really question the authenticity of it.
Questions like, how did I get here, why is this happening, what was I doing before, don't really enter your mind.
You just take everything in full stride.

The events feel real, your struggles are real and the dream becomes the new reality.

That's why, having a nightmare, is particularly unnerving, especially when it portrays something close to the real world.
Sometimes, just after waking up, we need a few seconds to sort out our thoughts, convince our selves and remember, that whatever happened to us in the nightmare, wasn't actually real.

The feeling of stress and subsequent relief, after remembering that the events of the dream, weren't real, can sometimes be a bit of a struggle.

But it comes nowhere close, to the extremely rare instances of our dream, when we actually realize that we're dreaming.

There's nothing quite as terrifying as the realization that you're locked inside a fictional world, while your body is laying unconscious somewhere.
The primal, subconscious instinct to wake up immediately, begins to overwhelm you at first, sometimes pushing you to violent acts in your dream, wildly waving your hands or jumping up and down, in an effort to wake yourself up, and shake your real body into motion.

Usually, it works. If not immediately, then shortly there after. Our brains must be rigged that way.
Upon realization that something's not real, upon growing self conscious of your own dream, recognizing it as such, a fiction, it doesn't take long before conscious thought enters our minds and we eventually wake up.

That's why, when you looked around this time, and realized you're in a dream, the feeling of terror paralyzed you, because you realized, no matter what you did, you couldn't wake up.

The feeling of being locked inside a fictional cage, while your real body is laying unconscious, overwhelmed you at first.
You cannot escape, you cannot wake up.

The dream started abruptly and just kept going on and on.
Becoming a terrifying, constricting cage for your mind, fictional, yet, your new reality.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//Soundtrack

A peaceful night sky, a mountain range that stretched into the horizon and a wild forest, just at the base of your feet. Majestically towering pine trees, coated in beautiful, glittering snow. An ancient and withered, leafless tree, just to your right, lowering its old branches toward you and softly moving in the wind.

This landscape, you've been here before. Saw this during so many nights, yet never in such detail.
Standing alone in a small patch of snow covered land, you shiver, as a gust of cold wind blows by.

You already know where to go, you've done this before. Even if you can't remember.

Approaching the ancient, withered tree, you search among its massive, frozen roots, looking for the entrance to the tomb down below.
You find it, just as the unseen creatures find you. You can't see them yet, but you feel their hungry eyes on your skin, watching, licking their lips, softly snapping their jaws at the thought of tearing your flesh.

There's not much time now. You jump into the gaping dark hole among the trees roots and land onto a cold stoney surface. There it is, the circular staircase, leading deeper below.

You skipped three stairs at a time and tripped, almost landing face first into the crumbling, mold ridden stone pavement. You pick yourself up, trying to catch your rapidly increasing breath and look back.

They heard it.

The small screeches and shrieks loudly echoing behind you, became even more frantic.

Fighting through the pain of a sprained foot, you push forward, running down the circular staircase, that led deeper and deeper into the ground.

How many times have you run down these stairs? How many times have you fell?

Reaching the last flight, you almost fall onto the stone floor below.
It was dark, a pale green light shining from somewhere within, did little to illuminate the stone cave.

Trying to slow down your breath, you frantically look for your target.

The door.

A massive three meter tall structure, decorated with intricate carvings and built into the middle of the wall, right in front of you.
Bizarre looking statues of two flipped pyramids, were floating on each side of the door, glowing a pale green and slowly spinning on the axis.

You walk up to the door and look at it, one final time, before slamming your shoulder into it, with every bit of your might.

It opened.

A small flash of light briefly stuns you. You blink several times and suddenly find yourself no longer alone in this cave.

Twilight, Rain, Dunemere, Rogue, Tomas and Radiance are standing here in a tight group together, in front of the open door.
They weren't here a second ago, you're sure of it. But you see them now, and they see you, conscious of you.

Looking down at your palms, you squeeze and relax your fists. The motion is deliberate.

You are in full control of your body.

Before you, is an open door, revealing a colossal cave with no bottom, on the other side. A flimsy hanging bridge, made of rope and wood, begins at the doors edge and stretches across the bottomless chasm, leading somewhere further into the darkness.

It seems to be the only way forward.

A barely notable, green colored glow, seems to be emanating from the bottom of the chasm, slightly lighting up the rope bridge.

A sudden and very loud snap of somebodies jaws, drew your attention. Whatever is chasing you, has just reached the end of the staircase, they're on the same level as you now.
You can't see the creatures, but they can see you, you feel their hungry sight on your head.
A thousand tiny claws clattering over the floor in anticipation, running toward you, hungrily snapping their teeth.

"DON'T JUST STAND THERE! RUN!" A disembodied female voice suddenly shrieked in your head.
It didn't feel like you heard it as a sound, more like someone screamed at you, inside your own thoughts:

"IF YOU DIE HERE, YOU'LL DIE IN REAL LIFE!"

"I was kind of in the middle of something" Rogue shouts up to the disembodied voice, checking his hands to see if he's still wearing the gauntlets, whilst following Twilight's lead "And where's everyone else, we weren't the only the dudes on the beach?".

View user profile

524Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Tue 2 Oct - 21:48

//Soundtrack

"You fell into a deep sleep. That is all I know" the female voice quietly replied in your head.

A bright light appears over Twilight's head, illuminating the area.
Rogue was still wearing his gauntlets. Tomas seemed fine, both of his eyes intact and the arm still attached. Not a sign of blood or injury on him.
In fact there's no sign of recent injury on anyone, from the recent battle.

"I.. I can see.." he blinked in confusion, before something snapped its bony tail in the darkness behind him and he ducked in fear, breaking into a mad sprint down the bridge, after Twilight.

The bridge was shaking like crazy. With each of your steps, it threatening to flip to one side or other, potentially threatening to throw you off into the chasm below.
It was long, but the light dancing over Twilights head, began to pierce the darkness, revealing the depths of the cave.

The roped bridge stretched on for a good 500 meters, until it linked to a colossal stalactite that hung from the caves ceiling. You can see another similar door, at the end of the bridge.

Tomas tripped and almost fell off, frantically grabbing onto the rope guard rail. As the bridge shook, you involuntarily throw a glance into the chasm down below.

It was filled with... something. A dim glowing green liquid that sluggishly boiled and splashed down below. It reminded you of hot melting lava. But something seemed off.
The longer you stared at it, the more your eyes started to hurt.

Bizarre shapes and after images began dancing over your vision, flashes of memories, your childhood, your parents, drastic events from your life. The visions began drawing you in, until they almost swallowed you whole.

It was horrifying, like starring into the depths of the universe, an endless infinity of space that stretched on into darkness, pulling and tugging at your soul, dredging your mind, twisting and bending it out of shape.

You begin to feel paralyzed, as if your consciousness started to fade out of existence, as if you were dying.

"DON'T LOOK DOWN!" The female voice frantically shrieked:

"...you'll loose your mind."

525Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 21 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim on Tue 2 Oct - 21:53

Kaylee Brown wrote:
//Soundtrack

"You fell into a deep sleep. That is all I know" the female voice quietly replied in your head.

A bright light appears over Twilight's head, illuminating the area.
Rogue was still wearing his gauntlets. Tomas seemed fine, both of his eyes intact and the arm still attached. Not a sign of blood or injury on him.
In fact there's no sign of recent injury on anyone, from the recent battle.

"I.. I can see.." he blinked in confusion, before something snapped its bony tail in the darkness behind him and he ducked in fear, breaking into a mad sprint down the bridge, after Twilight.

The bridge was shaking like crazy. With each of your steps, it threatening to flip to one side or other, potentially threatening to throw you off into the chasm below.
It was long, but the light dancing over Twilights head, began to pierce the darkness, revealing the depths of the cave.

The roped bridge stretched on for a good 500 meters, until it linked to a colossal stalactite that hung from the caves ceiling. You can see another similar door, at the end of the bridge.

Tomas tripped and almost fell off, frantically grabbing onto the rope guard rail. As the bridge shook, you involuntarily throw a glance into the chasm down below.

It was filled with... something. A dim glowing green liquid that sluggishly boiled and splashed down below. It reminded you of hot melting lava. But something seemed off.
The longer you stared at it, the more your eyes started to hurt.

Bizarre shapes and after images began dancing over your vision, flashes of memories, your childhood, your parents, drastic events from your life. The visions began drawing you in, until they almost swallowed you whole.

It was horrifying, like starring into the depths of the universe, an endless infinity of space that stretched on into darkness, pulling and tugging at your soul, dredging your mind, twisting and bending it out of shape.

You begin to feel paralyzed, as if your consciousness started to fade out of existence, as if you were dying.

"DON'T LOOK DOWN!" The female voice frantically shrieked:

"...you'll loose your mind."

"Right. Don't look back, don't look down, is there anything else we shouldn't do, just for the record?" Rogue asks, averting his gaze and focusing ahead, "Who are you anyway, and where are you, I like to put a name and a face to a voice? How do you know what happened to us?"

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum