The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 23]

426 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Fri 16 Nov - 23:21

"Wouldn't the various spells also have overlapping traits, like lightning being able to start fires too, or ice causing burns?" Rogue asks Ursula, picking Strength Sap and Lightning like Radiance.

View user profile

427 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sat 17 Nov - 2:35

Rain looks at the spell list with a frown, she selects the lightning and strength sap spell.

"Are there any supportive spells? Anything to help me keep the party in check." She looks back to ursula.

View user profile

428 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sat 17 Nov - 10:54

Alyx deeply sighed: "Perhaps you're right. Perhaps we are simply predisposed by nature to fight each other, and there's nothing anyone can do." his voice came off a little sad.

Ursula nodded to Rogue: "There's a small chance of overlap, yes."

She then nodded to Rain and looked at everyone:

"Alright, next, we will go over the 'Status Effects & Defense' category.

- Healing (Level 1)

A healing spell that restores your Health points.

- Shield (Level 1)

Create a round, transparent shield. The shield will shine with a blue light and can be attached to your forearm. Or left to hover in mid air and left there.
The shield can fully absorb a single Level 1 spell. After which, the shield will dissipate.

If left undamaged, the shield will dissipate on its own, after 15 seconds.

- Spectral Armor (Level 1)

Create a shining Spectral Armor around your body, adding additional points to your Health.
A persons Health cannot be raised higher than 150% of his maximum Health.

For example, if a persons Health = 10 points, it cannot be raised higher than 15.

Please equip 1 spell, from the list above" Ursula gently gestured toward the calibration stone.

"..there's not as many spells here" Johan said to himself, thinking.

Ursula cringed a bit: "..yyyyes... I'm afraid our stronghold is not in the best shape. In truth, there are significantly more spells in this category, but I don't know them intricately and they're not present in this stones catalogue.

If we ever visit a larger stronghold or a big city, we should look for a calibration stone there, perhaps they will have a larger selection of spells for this category.

Please select 1 spell, and we will move on to the next category of magic"

View user profile http://ultimate.forumotion.com

429 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sat 17 Nov - 11:24

"I'm assuming there's an entire list of spells considered taboo in each category," Radiance inquires of Ursula, "Have Witcher's ever gone awol before?"

-------------------------------------------------------
Radiance selects Spectral Armour

Last edited by Radiance on Sat 17 Nov - 17:38; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

430 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sat 17 Nov - 11:32

"Better to be safe then sorry." She thinks solemnly.

After that, Twilight stands up and heads to the stone to check on it. Soon enough, she raises an eyebrow.

"I have two questions. One, are we only able to see lvl 1 spells or is there no more? 2, are there utility spells as well?"

View user profile

431 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sat 17 Nov - 13:34

“I was wondering that myself Radiance.” Mist said quietly, deciding to choose shield. She figured they would get into quite a few fights, it was pretty much inevitable actually.

“Are these choices Alright Laylah?”

View user profile

432 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sat 17 Nov - 13:54

"I assume Shield Level One only blocks half the damage of a level two spell, and so and so forth?" Rogue asks Ursula, picking Shield as well.

View user profile

433 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sat 17 Nov - 19:29

Laylah cheerily nodded, Mist felt it subconsciously:
"Yup! Those will be pretty good in a fight!"

Ursula became grim. The talk of taboo spells was visibly unpleasant for her:

"...yes, there are many taboo spells in various categories. All of them nasty and horrifying. Spells that seed madness and violent death.

There is nothing more horrifying, than seeing your friends being torn apart from inside, as their parasites break free and instantly multiply on release, seeding the battlefield with dozens of monsters in seconds.
Nothing more horrifying than holding the palm of your friend, as he screams in agony, as the taboo spell slowly and irreversibly erodes his life. The moment you both realize that he is going to die and there is nothing you can do, but stay by his side, and watch him slowly die, for minutes on end.

Those are taboo spells. The spells often used by veteran parasites, the ones who survived for dozens, hundreds of years. Very old, very powerful"

Ursula covered her eyes with her palm, she looks rather pale: "...the consequences of those spells are always horrifying, disastrous and unpredictable.
If you do not wish to be responsible, for what I just described, never touch a taboo spell.

No matter who offers it, no matter what they promise you in return. Those spell are evil incarnate.
They should never be used"

She slowly walked off, approaching the window and leaning against the wall, as she stared outside:

"...very rarely, does a Witcher stray from his path.
The people of Nifelheim understand the state of the world vividly. The parasites are a threat to everyone, every thing, living on this planet. They march ever forward, consuming everything in their path.
Banding together against them, is a deep instinct, present in all of us.

But... even so... sometimes, very rarely... a Witcher turns rogue. Seduced by selfishness, greed, the promise of power or just plain madness, a rare Witcher strays from the path of good and sets off to follow his own way, leaving behind all those he had to protect.

Some of them, delve into the taboo magic. Some of them use parasite spells and lash out against their own kind.
It is a rare thing... but... sometimes it happens."

Ursula stood perfectly still, her back to you, as she quietly watched a lone cloud drift across the orange sky. After a few moments, she pushed off the wall and walked back:

"...we should get back to our magic.

Some spells do not have a Level 1 version. They are more powerful, thus, they were classified as Level 2. Our calibration stone doesn't have their blueprints, unfortunately.

In general, most spells have 5 Levels. Each Level is a more powerful version of the same spell.

As you grow more powerful, you'll be able to cast more powerful versions of your spells."

She looked at Rogue and nodded: "Yes, that's roughly accurate. I will explain how our stats work in detail, after we compile our spell list"

Ursula nodded to Twilight, then looked at everyone:

"The last category are the 'Utility Spells'.

- Dance of the Swallow (Level 1)

A suicide spell, kills the Witcher and his parasite, without collateral damage.
If the user is low on Mana, the spell can be cast using Health points.

Typically used as a last resort, by a Witcher who knows his parasite is about to break out of control.
The spell ensures that both the Witcher and his parasite die, thus preventing a potential parasite outbreak.

The higher Levels of this spell, also cause collateral damage, at an increasing radius.

Every responsible Witcher is expected to learn this spell, as he is responsible for his parasite and must protect the innocent, at all costs.

- Signal Flare (Level 1)

Launch a flare high into the sky, as a warning to all those who see it.
There are different types of Flares, but the spell is the same. Knowing the Flare spell, allows to cast all of the below:

Machina Warning - A distinct flare, indicating that a Machine World invasion has begun.

Parasite Warning - A distinct flare, indicating that a Parasite horde has been sighed.

Rogue Warning - A distinct flare, indicating a Rogue Witcher or Bandit group sighting.

Commencing Attack - A distinct flare, indicating that a Witcher unit is commencing attack.

Mission Success   - A distinct flare, indicating that a Witcher unit completed their objective.

Mission Failed    - A distinct flare, indicating that a Witcher unit failed their objective.

Commencing Evac   - A distinct flare, indicating that the evacuation of civilians is in progress.

The more powerful Witchers can learn to customize their Flares, to not only convey a message, but also convey the identity of the caster.
The Witcher Kings typically do this as part of tradition, their unique Flares are well known and recognized by most in Nifelheim.

- Light (Level 1)

Creates a ball of light in the palm of the users hand. Illuminates the darkness.
At Level 1, the light is bound to the users palm and cannot leave it.
Lasts for 30 minutes, before it needs to be cast again.

- Scan (Level 1)

Scans the target, revealing his exact stats to the caster.

Health, Sanity, Mana and even the targets Martial Arts skill level is revealed.
The spell also reveals any negative or positive Status Effects, that are currently affecting the target.

A favorite spell of any Witcher.

- Heightened Senses (Level 1)

Sharpens the users senses, greatly increasing hearing, sight, smell and taste.
A favorite spell for trackers and hunters, allowing them to notice and track their target, if any traces were left.

- Water Dance (Level 1)

Creates a special magical surface, over the souls of your shoes, allowing you to stand and even run on water.
Gradually utilizes your Mana, taking 5 points every 5 minutes.

- Wall Run (Level 1)

Creates a special magical surface, over the souls of your shoes, allowing you stand and run on walls. Warning, unfastened objects may fall from your pockets.

The higher Levels of this spell will allow one to even run on the ceiling.
Warning, a great many unfastened objects may fall from your pockets.

Please equip 2 spells from the list above."

434 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sat 17 Nov - 20:14

"Out of interest, how old are you Laylah?"

Mist choose Light and Wall Run quietly. She could see in the dark pretty well, but she figured it would be helpful for the others.

View user profile

435 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sat 17 Nov - 20:24

"Hmmmm, let's see... We should be wary about everything." Twilight muses to herself. "Let's see..."

She chooses her spells, based on what whe deems the most useful.

She looks at one spell in particular, wondering to herself. "Could I actually use it? I mean..."

--------------------------
Offensive spells

- Fire
- Ice

Utility

- Flare
- Scan

Defensive

- Heal

--------------------------------------

She looked at her hand after the choices. "I can... Heal now? White magic?"

View user profile

436 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sat 17 Nov - 21:19

Rain chooses wall run and hightened senses, her gaze turns to Ursula, "You wouldn't concider us rogue if we were to use taboo spells we deemed useful would you?" She draws her bow and looks down the sight to see if her senses have changed at all. She pulls the string back letting her skillwire lock on to a random piece of wood on the wall, "I urge you to understand that we aren't bad people. Just because somethings taboo doesn't mean we'll stay away from it." She frowns rubbing the back of her head and feeling the chip still there, "I mean... I technically have a flash light in one of my eyes." She tries to turn on her flash bulb and leave it on.

View user profile

437 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sat 17 Nov - 21:55

Kaylee Brown wrote:Laylah cheerily nodded, Mist felt it subconsciously:
"Yup! Those will be pretty good in a fight!"

Ursula became grim. The talk of taboo spells was visibly unpleasant for her:

"...yes, there are many taboo spells in various categories. All of them nasty and horrifying. Spells that seed madness and violent death.

There is nothing more horrifying, than seeing your friends being torn apart from inside, as their parasites break free and instantly multiply on release, seeding the battlefield with dozens of monsters in seconds.
Nothing more horrifying than holding the palm of your friend, as he screams in agony, as the taboo spell slowly and irreversibly erodes his life. The moment you both realize that he is going to die and there is nothing you can do, but stay by his side, and watch him slowly die, for minutes on end.

Those are taboo spells. The spells often used by veteran parasites, the ones who survived for dozens, hundreds of years. Very old, very powerful"

Ursula covered her eyes with her palm, she looks rather pale: "...the consequences of those spells are always horrifying, disastrous and unpredictable.
If you do not wish to be responsible, for what I just described, never touch a taboo spell.

No matter who offers it, no matter what they promise you in return. Those spell are evil incarnate.
They should never be used"

She slowly walked off, approaching the window and leaning against the wall, as she stared outside:

"...very rarely, does a Witcher stray from his path.
The people of Nifelheim understand the state of the world vividly. The parasites are a threat to everyone, every thing, living on this planet. They march ever forward, consuming everything in their path.
Banding together against them, is a deep instinct, present in all of us.

But... even so... sometimes, very rarely... a Witcher turns rogue. Seduced by selfishness, greed, the promise of power or just plain madness, a rare Witcher strays from the path of good and sets off to follow his own way, leaving behind all those he had to protect.

Some of them, delve into the taboo magic. Some of them use parasite spells and lash out against their own kind.
It is a rare thing... but... sometimes it happens."

Ursula stood perfectly still, her back to you, as she quietly watched a lone cloud drift across the orange sky. After a few moments, she pushed off the wall and walked back:

"...we should get back to our magic.

Some spells do not have a Level 1 version. They are more powerful, thus, they were classified as Level 2. Our calibration stone doesn't have their blueprints, unfortunately.

In general, most spells have 5 Levels. Each Level is a more powerful version of the same spell.

As you grow more powerful, you'll be able to cast more powerful versions of your spells."

She looked at Rogue and nodded: "Yes, that's roughly accurate. I will explain how our stats work in detail, after we compile our spell list"

Ursula nodded to Twilight, then looked at everyone:

"The last category are the 'Utility Spells'.

- Dance of the Swallow (Level 1)

A suicide spell, kills the Witcher and his parasite, without collateral damage.
If the user is low on Mana, the spell can be cast using Health points.

Typically used as a last resort, by a Witcher who knows his parasite is about to break out of control.
The spell ensures that both the Witcher and his parasite die, thus preventing a potential parasite outbreak.

The higher Levels of this spell, also cause collateral damage, at an increasing radius.

Every responsible Witcher is expected to learn this spell, as he is responsible for his parasite and must protect the innocent, at all costs.

- Signal Flare (Level 1)

Launch a flare high into the sky, as a warning to all those who see it.
There are different types of Flares, but the spell is the same. Knowing the Flare spell, allows to cast all of the below:

Machina Warning - A distinct flare, indicating that a Machine World invasion has begun.

Parasite Warning - A distinct flare, indicating that a Parasite horde has been sighed.

Rogue Warning - A distinct flare, indicating a Rogue Witcher or Bandit group sighting.

Commencing Attack - A distinct flare, indicating that a Witcher unit is commencing attack.

Mission Success   - A distinct flare, indicating that a Witcher unit completed their objective.

Mission Failed    - A distinct flare, indicating that a Witcher unit failed their objective.

Commencing Evac   - A distinct flare, indicating that the evacuation of civilians is in progress.

The more powerful Witchers can learn to customize their Flares, to not only convey a message, but also convey the identity of the caster.
The Witcher Kings typically do this as part of tradition, their unique Flares are well known and recognized by most in Nifelheim.

- Light (Level 1)

Creates a ball of light in the palm of the users hand. Illuminates the darkness.
At Level 1, the light is bound to the users palm and cannot leave it.

- Scan (Level 1)

Scans the target, revealing his exact stats to the caster.

Health, Sanity, Mana and even the targets Martial Arts skill level is revealed.
The spell also reveals any negative or positive Status Effects, that are currently affecting the target.

A favorite spell of any Witcher.

- Heightened Senses (Level 1)

Sharpens the users senses, greatly increasing hearing, sight, smell and taste.
A favorite spell for trackers and hunters, allowing them to notice and track their target, if any traces were left.

- Water Dance (Level 1)

Creates a special magical surface, over the souls of your shoes, allowing you to stand and even run on water.

- Wall Run (Level 1)

Creates a special magical surface, over the souls of your shoes, allowing you stand and run on walls. Warning, unfastened objects may fall from your pockets.

The higher Levels of this spell will allow one to even run on the ceiling.
Warning, a great many unfastened objects may fall from your pockets.

Please equip 2 spells from the list above."

Rogue picks Scan and Flare.

View user profile

438 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sun 18 Nov - 11:18

"Suicide Spell? It's like they're expecting to lose" Radiance comments to Echo "I may not like you but you can rest assured I won't ever be taking that. I'd be a hypocrite in my ideals of doing my best not to kill and that goes for you too. That being said, the Glysteria, as a whole, their existence threatens the life of everything. For the greater good, I will be killing them."

"I think our worlds Dark Magic and the Dark Magic from this world are completely different Rain." 

Radiance selects the last two spells with a certain level of uncertainty written on his face. 

------------------------------------------------------------------
Radiance selects Scan and Heightened Senses

View user profile

439 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sun 18 Nov - 18:44

Mist wrote:"Out of interest, how old are you Laylah?"

"I'm 2 days old! Hahaaa!!" Laylah proudly exclaimed:
"Glystaria can pass down certain memories to their descendants. When I was born, I already knew how to speak and use magic. At least, on a subconscious level, nothing really beats real battle experience"

Twilight wrote:She looks at one spell in particular, wondering to herself. "Could I actually use it? I mean..."

She looked at her hand after the choices. "I can... Heal now? White magic?"

"Magic isn't inherently White or Dark, its just a tool to be used" Alyx quietly called:
"Its how you use these tools, that matters"

But, philosophy aside, yes, you can cast any spell on the list. At least, its starting version.
To cast more advanced spells however, you will have to study magic the old fashioned way. I won't be able to help you there.
I recommend, 'Lavruseyev's Laws of Magic, 4th Edition', a good book to start off. Ursula probably has one tucked away somewhere.
"

Radiance wrote:"Suicide Spell? It's like they're expecting to lose" Radiance comments to Echo "I may not like you but you can rest assured I won't ever be taking that. I'd be a hypocrite in my ideals of doing my best not to kill and that goes for you too. That being said, the Glysteria, as a whole, their existence threatens the life of everything. For the greater good, I will be killing them."

Echo emitted a very long, quiet laugh: "...Good...good"

Rain wrote:"I urge you to understand that we aren't bad people. Just because somethings taboo doesn't mean we'll stay away from it."

Ursula frowned, still holding her arms crossed: "Taboos spells are only useful for killing Witchers and unleashing parasite outbreaks on the unsuspecting civilian population.
If you do not plan to do such things, then there is no need for taboo spells to begin with.

Rain wrote:"You wouldn't concider us rogue if we were to use taboo spells we deemed useful would you?"

Ursula is frowning very hard: "...if I see you guys casting taboo spells on your fellow Witchers, there's gonna be hell to pay."

She collected her arms into fists in frustration: "Don't you understand? What if we run into another Witcher tomorrow, who'll see you as a threat?
If you spray him with Fear spells, his parasite might break free, tear the Witcher apart from inside and then multiply by mitosis.

And then 1 parasite will become 21. They will disperse and slaughter the nearest village. By the time we'll get the parasites under control, who knows how many innocent people will die?

No! I'm not okay with that!" Ursula stomped her foot on the ground.

Rain wrote:She draws her bow and looks down the sight to see if her senses have changed at all. She pulls the string back letting her skillwire lock on to a random piece of wood on the wall

As you take aim at the wall, you notice that your sight became significantly sharper. You can see further away and with much greater detail. Every little crack and dust bunny on the wall, was visible in high detail, as if it was right next to you.

Rain wrote:"I mean... I technically have a flash light in one of my eyes." She tries to turn on her flash bulb and leave it on.

Unfortunately the cybernetic eye only had one setting, which immediately activated on command, effectively blinding everyone in the room.

"AAAAAAH!" Ursula exclaimed, covering her eyes with both hands, as the flash blinded her:
"Moooooom! What are you doing!"

"...uh.. Rain.." Kaylee quietly said, blindly spreading her arms wide and trying not to bump into anyone:
"I don't think it has a flashlight setting.."

"Oh my god!" Ursula is clearly fuming, blindly frowning at a wall somewhere: "I think I just went fully blind!"

"D-don't worry.. it will wear off in a few seconds.." Kaylee said, accidentally bumping into Twilight: "Oh my goodness, I'm sorry"

"Bah!" Ursula crossed her arms, blinking rapidly and falling into a nearby chair:
"No more horsing around. I need to explain about Stats."

"Stats?" Johan asked, taking off his glasses and rubbing his eyes a little.

"Yes" Ursula said, seemingly tired:

"At the moment, your stats are as follows:

Health: 10
Sanity: 10
Mana: 10

Martial Arts: 10th Kyu

Witcher Category: 1

Your Health represents your capacity to regenerate. When you are injured, your wound will regenerate and your Health points will go down.

After the battle, your lost Health points will replenish on their own, but it will happen over the course of a month.
I recommend using Healing spells to speed up the process.

If your Health ever reaches zero, you will die.

Your Mana is used to cast spells.
If you used all your Mana points, they will fully return on their own after 24 hours.

Your Sanity, represents your capacity to withstand Fear attacks and other similar spells.
If your Sanity reaches zero, you will fall unconscious right in the middle of battle and it will be the Witcher initiation ritual all over again.

After the battle, your Sanity points will replenish on their own, after 24 hours.

Martial Arts represent your overall combat skills as a Witcher.
Hand to hand combat, weapon combat and the quickness of hands when casting spells, all those are part of this category.
The Witcher combat is a bit different than what you're used to. Once your weapons are forged, you'll be able to summon them and dissipate them at will. You'll have to get used to it, to utilize this effectively during combat.
You'll also have to practice casting the spells you've equipped.

New Witchers start at rank called 10th Kyu. The ranks go from 10th Kyu to 1st Kyu, then they will enter an even higher category.

To increase your Martial Arts rank, you'll need to invest time into good old fashioned training. The more you train, the higher your skills will grown.

Finally, your Witcher Category represents your theoretical knowledge of the magical arts.
Witchers of Category 1 can cast only Level 1 spells. Witchers who reach Category 2 can cast Level 2 spells, and so on.

To increase your Witcher Category, you'll need to invest time into studying magical arts.

Mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology, a Witcher must learn all of these to cast high level magic.
We have all the necessary books in the stronghold to get you started. Feels free to read them, whenever you have the time.

Everyone with me so far?" Ursula asked.

440 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sun 18 Nov - 19:26

"Yeah. I think I'm following you. I'm not exactly scientifically minded though. Don't think I'll get along with science books." She gently removed her hand from the stone, her metal fingers moving around as if stretching, not that metal could cramp.

View user profile

441 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sun 18 Nov - 20:06

"I say that because, despite my natural magical affinity, I can't use healing magic on my own. So that's it."

When the bang goes off, she shields her eyes. "Damn it! Guess we don't need taboo spells to screw anyone over..."

One bump later, she finds herself on the floor. "Huh, how did I get here?"

She gets up, dusting herself. "I'll focus on magic, I'm pretty sure there's some overlap between our two systems."

She looks at Mist. "I guess that leaves you free to study the martial arts system, right?"

View user profile

442 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sun 18 Nov - 20:20

"I've got a few questions. Will our background from Earth help us at all in increasing these abilities? Twilights skill with magic and Rain's skill with a bow for example.

Is the Witcher weapon only limited to blades and will and the weapons we brought with us have any use at all here?

Finally, no one here can read or speak the language here. Aside from a small crash course from some mysterious stranger, but is there something that can be done to speed up that particular field of learning?"

View user profile

443 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sun 18 Nov - 21:19

Rain smiles sheepishly, "Whoops! My bad! Lordy lordy its been a while since I used any sort of cybernetic really. Hay at least whoever has flash bulbs we know we can blind things now! Heh heh heh... heh." She nervously laughs before clearing her throat, "Im less worried about hostile witchers, and more about bandits, rogue witchers that come in groups. I see no issue with keeping at least one taboo spell on each of us to eliminate bandits and the such." She raises her brow to Ursula, "Darling, my girl, my beautiful daughter. Im sorry but if I find a useful spell im probably going to equip it taboo or not."

View user profile

444 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sun 18 Nov - 22:48

Mist wrote:I'm not exactly scientifically minded though. Don't think I'll get along with science books."

"Don't sell yourself short, you have the potential to succeed in anything you choose" Ursula looked at Mist: "You just have to invest time in it, that's all"

She looked down, awkwardly rubbing her fingers: "Truth be told, I'm not really good at it either. But if you're stubborn enough.. anything's possible"

Radiance wrote:Will our background from Earth help us at all in increasing these abilities? Twilights skill with magic and Rain's skill with a bow for example.

"Not in a notable way.." Ursula sadly shook her head: "Your bodies underwent certain physical changes, when you became Witchers. There's two of you now, you and your parasite.
If you are skilled with a bow or with magic, your parasite may not be. He has to learn it, together with you.

Until then, your reflexes may be slower than usual.

Because of this, everyone roughly starts at the same skill level, in both martial arts and magic.
How you develop your skills however, and which paths to take, that will be up to you.
And whenever you will study something, your parasite will study with you.

You'll have to learn how to work in perfect synergy. The more time you invest into practice, the more efficient you'll be in combat"

Radiance wrote:Is the Witcher weapon only limited to blades

"You're asking.. if it can be made into a bow?.." Ursula fell into thought, scratching her chin:
"I'm... not sure. We'll have to ask the blacksmith."

She looked at you:

"In general terms, your Witcher weapon is an extension of your soul. Yours and your parasites.
Once forged, the weapon will be stored in the depths of your soul, to be summoned at will.

And those who are slain by it? Their souls will be devoured by your parasite.
He must eat souls to survive. And the more souls he eats, the more powerful he will become, in turn, making you more powerful.

That's why, going into the world and killing many parasites, is a good way to make yourself stronger. Doing this will raise your Mana, Health and Sanity. You'll have to choose each time, which of the three to increase.

Radiance wrote:the weapons we brought with us have any use at all here?

"Parasites are spectral beings, your machine weapons are useless against them" Ursula said:

"...machine weapons may be effective against humans though..." she said with discomfort.

Radiance wrote:no one here can read or speak the language here. Aside from a small crash course from some mysterious stranger, but is there something that can be done to speed up that particular field of learning?"

"Nop" Ursula smiled: "There are no shortcuts in the pursuit of knowledge.

Whenever we'll have some spare time, you'll have to choose what to study:

The Nifelheim Language
Martial Arts
Or Theoretical Science

I recommend starting with the Nifelheim language, personally. People who speak the Machine language are very rare."

Rain wrote:Im less worried about hostile witchers, and more about bandits, rogue witchers that come in groups. I see no issue with keeping at least one taboo spell on each of us to eliminate bandits and the such." She raises her brow to Ursula, "Darling, my girl, my beautiful daughter. Im sorry but if I find a useful spell im probably going to equip it taboo or not."

Ursula slowly scowled. There wasn't a trace of kindness left in her eyes:

"...you know, I am the Witcher recruitment officer of this region. I briefed you, I oversaw your initiation. I am now giving you every tool and secret available to the Witchers. Everything known to me.

Which means, everything you do from this point, is my responsibility. Because I helped you become Witchers and I am now training you in our most secret arts."

Ursula took a slow step towards Rain, her expression was becoming dangerous:

"You know... Nifelheim is at war with the Machine World... there are those in the Capital who would brand me a traitor, for revealing our secrets to you.

I held nothing back. I told you everything. How to become a Witcher... how to make more Witchers.

Some would put my head on a spike for that. But I did it anyway.
Because I chose to trust you. And I believe you are decent folk, trying to do the right thing."

Ursula scowled, coming face to face with Rain:

"And all I ask in return, is that you respect our customs and follow our rules.
And those start with not using taboo magic, and equipping the Suicide Spell.

Because every responsible Witcher is expected to carry one. Because anything can happen in battle, and we cannot risk parasites running wild.

If you can't even do that, don't expect to win the trust or loyalty of any human on this planet"

445 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sun 18 Nov - 23:46

"Laylah, does this mean that my years in the army as well as the skills that I fine tuned in my years as a private assassin have turned to nothing until you catch up with me and my fighting?"

"Is now seriously the time for an argument? We have a job to do, and our home to save. We can't do that if we spend our time bitching at each other like a load of teenagers." Mist frowned and crossed her arms, staring at Rain and then Ursula.

View user profile

446 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Sun 18 Nov - 23:53

"Okay, let's try to calm things down before said interplanetary war restarts inside this room and family fight family in a bitter and pointless struggle that will achieve nothing except a lot of paperwork to file" Rogue says, stepping inbetween Rain And Ursula.

He turns to Ursula "We appreciate all you're doing for us, you've been far more understanding than we could have hoped for, considering everything we've dumped on you out of the blue. And we really do mean no offence, but you have to remember that we are not familiar with your traditions and laws, and we had a very particular job back in our own world which often required breaking them for the greater good, so this is all a slight culture shock still, you know?"

He then turns to Rain "And Rain, we are in a sovereign country that harbours less than friendly intent against our own, so a bit of respect for their rules wouldn't go amiss? We are not at war with the Witchers, despite what they believe, so this kind of action will only add fuel to a fire that we do not want to fan."

Last edited by Rogue Fire on Mon 19 Nov - 10:47; edited 3 times in total

View user profile

447 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Mon 19 Nov - 10:40

Rain frowns clearly displeased with the current standings, she remains silent and crosses her arms yet her stuborness speaks volumes, she looks to Rogue and nods, she doesn't seem to happy about it however.

"Might I also counterargue my dearest darling daughter." She steps up smiling at her, "A recruitment officer for the witchers Im so very proud of you..." she suddenly frowns looking her in the eyes, "Though I feel as though you take my experience with combat with a grain of salt." She tilts her head, "since we are throwing ranks and titles around... I'm the commander of an entire military force back at home, Im a hero of aldihide, saving our entire planet and multiple citys from complete and utter destruction twice. I'm married to the leader of a country that keeps the machines on our bodys running who also just so happens to be your mother as well. Excuse me if im stubborn and seeing how your MY daughter i presume we wont agree on some things and will continue to butt heads forever, but playing by morals isn't always the grandest of gestures. You might get along with my sister in that area but with me its not going to be as easy." She looks to rogue and takes a deep breath, "But... if it means making you happy." She sighs, "Whatever... I'll play by your rules."

"Moon a day hasn't even passed in our world... probably not even an hour."

Fire sits at a desk and takes a sip of tea her eyes glance up at the pillar and then to her tea, "Im an android drinking tea... how... how does this even work." She looks behind her and barks, "PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE HOLY HEAVENS MAKE SURE THAT NYX BOYS NEW CYBERNETICS DONT EXPLODE" she looks back to the pillar and taps her fingers on her desk.

Last edited by A Sinner on Mon 19 Nov - 10:49; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

448 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Mon 19 Nov - 10:46

He nods to Rain and returns to Ursula "And you're right, we are going to have a hard time winning people's trust here, because we don't appreciate the risks associated with Glystaria. How could we, we haven't had to live with them for our entire lives. We're only just learning the do's and don't's, and in some places they're very different to our own.

In regards to the Suicide Spell, our culture does not generally look upon suicide very favourably, we always try to find alternative options to pursue even when the situation looks hopeless, many times we don't even consider it a valid path in the first place, so this is a hard pill for us to swallow. But in the interest of international relations, it's one I at least am willing to take"

Rogue then steps back over to the wall, and replaces Flare with Dance of the Swallows "I don't especially need Flare, if I get into a situation where I need to contact people over long distance, I can just scream really loudly. I recommend that everyone do the same, and keep a different spell, so that overall we still have all of them available to us."

View user profile

449 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Mon 19 Nov - 12:00

"Like you said Rouge, a lot of us don't consider that a valid option" he sighs then moves his gaze to Ursula "If this is going to drive a wedge between us I am deeply sorry but I will not advocate suicide in any capacity. Not on Earth and not on Nifelheim."

View user profile

450 Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 on Mon 19 Nov - 12:52

Radiance wrote:"Like you said Rouge, a lot of us don't consider that a valid option" he sighs then moves his gaze to Ursula "If this is going to drive a wedge between us I am deeply sorry but I will not advocate suicide in any capacity. Not on Earth and not on Nifelheim."

"I'm not advocating it either, I don't personally believe i'll ever need to use it, but this isn't about using it, it's about having the ability to do it." Rogue says to Radiance, before addressing everyone

"If we're going to make any progress at all in stopping this misguided war between our two planets and saving them both in the process, then we need the Witchers on our side, and we can only do that if we can show them that we are on their side. We have literally no experience with Glystaria, so how could they possibly trust us if they see as ticking time bombs with no safety mechanism?"

Last edited by Rogue Fire on Mon 19 Nov - 14:01; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum