The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2

+2
Some Sinner
Disgruntled purple
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 40]

951Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Thu 21 Mar - 23:55

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"No, the worst that could happen was that the whole mess of energy would blow up in your faces and leaving us all buried under that rubble." She says sternly. "Even if it apparently is disgustingly simple to mix witcher magic, the least you could do is discuss what you're planning to do instead of just butting in with your own effect for your own curiosity and amusement."

She narrows her gaze. "Never try this again without asking first. Especially if you want to make it a surprise. Can I trust you enough to keep that in mind, next time you get such an idea in your head?"

952Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 22 Mar - 11:17

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Kaylee sheepishly smiled and raised her hands in a calming manner:
"Okay.. guys.. lets all.. calm down.. we're still swimming in adrenaline after the fight.. afterall..

I believe we can all agree.. that.. there are those among us.. like Tim and Johan.. who never studied how to fight..

So we have to think about them, when we're engaging in battles and minimize the risks, to keep them safe."

She looked at Ursula: "..we never tried mixing our spells before. Is it safe? Did we do it properly?"

Ursula caught a slight blush, looking at you in shame: "..umm... I'm afraid to say.. I don't know.
I'm still new to being a Witcher myself.. I've only been one for two years. I.. can't.. remember how to mix spells properly, or if its even adviced"

"Okay" Kaylee nodded: "Is there a posibility that if we mix spells again, they might detonate right next to us, causing us harm?"

"M-maybe.. I don't know" Ursula said: "Different spells can be fired at the same target in unison, that much is safe, but I don't know what will happen if we stand closely and directly mix them."

"Okay" Kaylee nodded: "Perhaps its best we refrain from directly mixing our spells until we learn more"

"Mm" Tim said and patted Radiance on the shoulder: "Don't beat yourself up over the ambush, there's no telling what set them off.
Perhaps it was my loudly prying the door, or perhaps they were monitoring the room to begin with.

Perhaps the overall mission didn't go ideally, but we are all alive in the end.
The best thing we can do now is learn from this encounter and try to do better next time"
Tim smiled.

"Come on," Johan called: "Lets head back to the village"

After a natural pause in the conversation, your parasite quietly whispers to you, letting you know you collected enough ladybug souls for a level up.

(You gain 2 points to distribute among your stats)

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

953Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 22 Mar - 16:20

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:Kaylee sheepishly smiled and raised her hands in a calming manner:
"Okay.. guys.. lets all.. calm down.. we're still swimming in adrenaline after the fight.. afterall..

I believe we can all agree.. that.. there are those among us.. like Tim and Johan.. who never studied how to fight..

So we have to think about them, when we're engaging in battles and minimize the risks, to keep them safe."

She looked at Ursula: "..we never tried mixing our spells before. Is it safe? Did we do it properly?"

Ursula caught a slight blush, looking at you in shame: "..umm... I'm afraid to say.. I don't know.
I'm still new to being a Witcher myself.. I've only been one for two years. I.. can't.. remember how to mix spells properly, or if its even adviced"

"Okay" Kaylee nodded: "Is there a posibility that if we mix spells again, they might detonate right next to us, causing us harm?"

"M-maybe.. I don't know" Ursula said: "Different spells can be fired at the same target in unison, that much is safe, but I don't know what will happen if we stand closely and directly mix them."

"Okay" Kaylee nodded: "Perhaps its best we refrain from directly mixing our spells until we learn more"

"Mm" Tim said and patted Radiance on the shoulder: "Don't beat yourself up over the ambush, there's no telling what set them off.
Perhaps it was my loudly prying the door, or perhaps they were monitoring the room to begin with.

Perhaps the overall mission didn't go ideally, but we are all alive in the end.
The best thing we can do now is learn from this encounter and try to do better next time"
Tim smiled.

"Come on," Johan called: "Lets head back to the village"

After a natural pause in the conversation, your parasite quietly whispers to you, letting you know you collected enough ladybug souls for a level up.

(You gain 2 points to distribute among your stats)

//

Health + 1
Sanity + 1

Health: 14
Sanity: 14
Mana: 14

954Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 22 Mar - 17:38

Dan One

Dan One

Health: 18 (+2) = 20
Sanity: 12
Mana: 10

"You're probably right, but it needed to be said all the same." he shrugs "We should see about getting some training in when we next have a chance. These level up's aren't doing much good if our offensive output remains the same."

Last edited by Radiance on Fri 22 Mar - 18:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "You're a dumb ass if your dumb ass can't tell the two apart")

955Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 22 Mar - 19:18

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain frowns at Twilight, somewhat dissapointed in the reaction, "hmph... Very well. But should we get surounded with limited options we must remember that its an option. I think when we get back to camp we should experiment with what spells we can mix and their various effects. The spells that were just cast were lightning, Fireball, and Strength sap."

Health +2

956Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 22 Mar - 22:25

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

“Experimentation is not a bad idea, though on the fly it can hurt the team.” Twilight nods. “We definitely need some sort of easy mass healing, as while our magic recovers with sleep, health and sanity doesn’t.”

She gets to the foxes. At that time, she allocates herself 2 mana.

New mana level: 5/20

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain rolls her shoulders, "Are we heading into A town with a blacksmith anytime soon." She looks to Ursula, "I need to get out of this armor into something... bigger."

958Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 23 Mar - 12:28

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"Do they have potions for restoring Sanity and Mana?" Rogue asks Ursula.

959Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Mon 25 Mar - 17:45

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Johan

Health: 11
Sanity: 16
Mana: 15

Kaylee

Health: 11
Sanity: 11
Mana: 20

Ursula

Health: 16
Sanity: 17
Mana: 35

//Soundtrack

Rogue wrote:"Do they have potions for restoring Sanity and Mana?" Rogue asks Ursula.

"I'm afraid not" Ursula sadly shook her head.

Twilight wrote:We definitely need some sort of easy mass healing, as while our magic recovers with sleep, health and sanity doesn’t.”

"Mmm" Ursula slightly nodded:
"About the mass healing, in theory, I can cast a Level 2 Healing spell, in an area of effect. Everyone standing inside will be healed for 20 Health. The drawback is that I will need to remain stationary and the spell will take 1 hour to prepare, so it's mostly impossible to do on an away mission.

We can do it back at camp though" She said, looking at you:

"Oh and, if we have a few days rest, there's no need to worry about our stats.

Mana and Sanity replenish on their own after 24 hours.
Health replenishes on its own over the course of a month. However if our healing mages simply replenish their Mana, they will be able to fully heal the party.

Rain wrote:Are we heading into A town with a blacksmith anytime soon." She looks to Ursula, "I need to get out of this armor into something... bigger."

"We're heading towards my home.. the village of Beauclair" Ursula quietly spoke, as you made your way through the swamp, back to the foxes that impatiently waited for you, howling from time to time and digging up the dirt:
"..that's where you first found me.. where I grew up.." she quietly sighed, looking at the horizon with longing, as the orange sun began to set:

"Its strange.. this feeling.. I always knew I would have to abandon my old house one day, when the great migration came.. but... now that I'm about to do it.. I can't help but feel longing for it."

She smiled: "A part of me wants to stay there, despite the coming horde... its silly, isn't it?
That house was also the home of my mother, before she-..." Ursula sighed:
"Abandoning it now.. feels like I'm abandoning a part of her... all the memories were shared there... its like, every little object in that home, holds a precious memory...
I don't want to loose that.."

She looked at Rain: "A-anyway... I'm sorry, I got sidetracked answering your question.
The blacksmith we met earlier, should be present in Beauclair, by the time we arrive. There won't be time to craft anything, but he may have some plate armor in stock."

The foxes emitted an impatient howl, as you climbed on their backs, then broke into a wild gallop, racing towards the setting sun, hoping to outrun its descent.

Ursula was quiet, looking at the palm of her hand as a faint magic light danced around it. You recognized the blue haze of lights, Twilight used it earlier, it was the preparation of a Healing spell. Ursula was absentmindedly playing around with it. Holding it ready at the tip of her fingers, but not casting it. Her eyes were watching the dancing lights, her stare becoming more and more distant.

"...I wanted to become healer... a proper one... surgery, stitching wounds, treating sickness. That sort of thing." Ursula quietly called:
"...but my village had no Witchers of its own... so I forced myself to become a Witcher instead.
I hate fighting, but I went through with it anyway, because it was necessary. These healing spells are as close as I can get to my original dream...

How stupid it was all, in the end" Ursula collected her fist, extinguishing the magic lights. A cynical smile appeared on her lips:

"...my choice didn't matter.
The sacrifice I thought I was making, for the good of my people... was for naught."

//Soundtrack

She looked at the road ahead: "... a parasite lived in our woods... close to my village. An old one, twisted and cruel. The long years of his life, turned his heart black.
He called himself - Carvos.

He watched our village, from time to time. Rarely praying on it, even rarer taking a life. We were beneath him, I think. Not worth his time. Its as if, he thought coming after us, would diminish him, in the eyes of his brethren.
Maybe it was so, maybe not. But he looked down on us, smiling, every time we ran into him, because we both knew, our village remained intact by his grace..."

Ursula's face darkened:

"But one day, Carvos saw a young girl... still a child, but already defiant. Already fighting her fate.
She had ideas... ideas of being a brave warrior... a noble Witcher, protector of the helpless and innocent.

And it angered him.

This helpless, pathetic child.. dared to think she could challenge him? His authority over the village?
No... It was a slap across his face. A personal insult. And we woudn't leave this travesty unanswered.

But, killing this stupid child, would be too easy of a punishment. Too quick.
No. He waited.

He let her have her dreams of grandeur. He let her travel unharmed to the Academy of Lieselotte. Let her become a Witcher and train there, for as long as she pleased.

And when she finally returned home to her village, shining bright, full of hope and pride of what she became, a noble warrior, protector of the weak...
That's when he struck."

Ursula looked at the horizon with a blank, empty expression. Something very dark was beginning to show through her eyes:

"...the little girl, all grown up now, and her mother... they had a favorite spot in the forest. A beautiful patch of nature, untouched by the parasites or the war.

At the edge of the village, take the marble stoned path, through the woods, to the river, under the sun's warm light, lies a wonderful waterfall. Through the crystal clear waters, you can see the sparkling sand, just beneath the small lake there.

A more peaceful, majestic place, I cannot image.

My mother and I spent our free moments there, ever since I was little. We would meet there, so often. She would tell me stories when I was little and I played in the lake. Talked about life, when I grew up, our feet in the water.
But we always came back to that place.

It was our little haven. Our very own, private paradise, in hell.

Carvos knew that... he knew that very well"

Ursula looked down:

"...one day... when I returned from a Witcher patrol... I came home and... my mother wasn't there.
The door was wide open, no lights inside...
And on the table... there was a note, impaled through the table with a knife... written in very clear Nifelheim, so I'd understand.

'The one you cherish most, is waiting for you at the end of the marble stoned path'

Ursula quietly maneuvered her fox, to ride at the head of the column. You could no longer see her expression, or her eyes:

"I ran, burning sword raised, through the path we walked through, so peacefully with my mother, so many times. Each step I took, tainted its memory, distorting the peaceful, wanderful memories, with feelings of fear, anger, despair.

He knew.
He knew what he was doing from the very beginning.
It wasn't enough for Carvos to kill me. He had to destroy the things that were most precious to me.
The people I loved. The places I cherished.

When I reached the waterfall, where me and I mother spent so much time, I saw them.

My mother was sitting on her knees, Carvos was holding a knife to her neck, standing behind her, using her as a shield.
He looked at me, smiled, and that's when I realized.

He wanted me to know. How useless I am. How arrogant it was of me, to think I could challenge the parasites. To think I could protect anyone.
I dared... to become a Witcher... this action basically spat in his face.

I didn't matter, what I'd become. I was still useless. He wanted me to know that."

Ursula's voice broke:

"He slowly moved his blade across my mothers neck. Her blood spilled into the lake. And when Carvos threw her lifeless body into the water, I understood. I understood what he tried to tell me.

I am a second rate Witcher, I dared to defy him and this was the price.
I couldn't save my mother. I wasn't strong or fast enough. In the end, it didn't matter how much I trained in Lieselotte. I couldn't save her."

Ursula went quiet. Making a point not to look back. Her cheeks were wet, slightly reflecting the rays of the sun.

In silence, the foxes ran through the swamp, then through the forest, then through the snowy planes of Nifelheim. Ursula remained quiet, and Kaylee finally asked:

"...what happened to Carvos?"

Ursula shook her head: "...I couldn't stop him. He fled.
When I came back with a Witcher patrol, he was gone. We never found him again."

960Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Mon 25 Mar - 17:58

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:

Rogue wrote:"Do they have potions for restoring Sanity and Mana?" Rogue asks Ursula.

"I'm afraid not" Ursula sadly shook her head.

Twilight wrote:We definitely need some sort of easy mass healing, as while our magic recovers with sleep, health and sanity doesn’t.”

"Mmm" Ursula slightly nodded:
"About the mass healing, in theory, I can cast a Level 2 Healing spell, in an area of effect. Everyone standing inside will be healed for 20 Health. The drawback is that I will need to remain stationary and the spell will take 1 hour to prepare, so it's mostly impossible to do on an away mission.

We can do it back at camp though" She said, looking at you:

"Oh and, if we have a few days rest, there's no need to worry about our stats.

Mana and Sanity replenish on their own after 24 hours.
Health replenishes on its own over the course of a month. However if our healing mages simply replenish their Mana, they will be able to fully heal the party.

"How come Health regenerates slower than the other two?" Rogue asks Ursula.

961Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Mon 25 Mar - 18:04

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:

Rain wrote:Are we heading into A town with a blacksmith anytime soon." She looks to Ursula, "I need to get out of this armor into something... bigger."

"We're heading towards my home.. the village of Beauclair" Ursula quietly spoke, as you made your way through the swamp, back to the foxes that impatiently waited for you, howling from time to time and digging up the dirt:
"..that's where you first found me.. where I grew up.." she quietly sighed, looking at the horizon with longing, as the orange sun began to set:

"Its strange.. this feeling.. I always knew I would have to abandon my old house one day, when the great migration came.. but... now that I'm about to do it.. I can't help but feel longing for it."

She smiled: "A part of me wants to stay there, despite the coming horde... its silly, isn't it?
That house was also the home of my mother, before she-..." Ursula sighed:
"Abandoning it now.. feels like I'm abandoning a part of her... all the memories were shared there... its like, every little object in that home, holds a precious memory...
I don't want to loose that.."

She looked at Rain: "A-anyway... I'm sorry, I got sidetracked answering your question.
The blacksmith we met earlier, should be present in Beauclair, by the time we arrive. There won't be time to craft anything, but he may have some plate armor in stock."

The foxes emitted an impatient howl, as you climbed on their backs, then broke into a wild gallop, racing towards the setting sun, hoping to outrun its descent.

Rogue straps the stone tablet to himself using his bandoliers as a makeshift sling for now to make sure it will be safe on the journey back.

962Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Mon 25 Mar - 18:33

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain quitely rides for a few moments, "Ursula. We can kill him..." she says quitely, "We can track him and we can kill him." She glances over at her daughter, "Nobodys going to traumatize my daughter like that and just walk away so. We'll take care of it." She looks to the party, "We're going to take care of this, and this cocky little parasite will fall under our boots like the rest."

Rain pauses a moment, "Im done playing this long ranged bow game. I'm ditching style and im ditching grace and im going to become the wall that seperates us from the enemy and the party."

963Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Mon 25 Mar - 18:40

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:

Ursula was quiet, looking at the palm of her hand as a faint magic light danced around it. You recognized the blue haze of lights, Twilight used it earlier, it was the preparation of a Healing spell. Ursula was absentmindedly playing around with it. Holding it ready at the tip of her fingers, but not casting it. Her eyes were watching the dancing lights, her stare becoming more and more distant.

"...I wanted to become healer... a proper one... surgery, stitching wounds, treating sickness. That sort of thing." Ursula quietly called:
"...but my village had no Witchers of its own... so I forced myself to become a Witcher instead.
I hate fighting, but I went through with it anyway, because it was necessary. These healing spells are as close as I can get to my original dream...

How stupid it was all, in the end" Ursula collected her fist, extinguishing the magic lights. A cynical smile appeared on her lips:

"...my choice didn't matter.
The sacrifice I thought I was making, for the good of my people... was for naught."

//Soundtrack

She looked at the road ahead: "... a parasite lived in our woods... close to my village. An old one, twisted and cruel. The long years of his life, turned his heart black.
He called himself - Carvos.

He watched our village, from time to time. Rarely praying on it, even rarer taking a life. We were beneath him, I think. Not worth his time. Its as if, he thought coming after us, would diminish him, in the eyes of his brethren.
Maybe it was so, maybe not. But he looked down on us, smiling, every time we ran into him, because we both knew, our village remained intact by his grace..."

Ursula's face darkened:

"But one day, Carvos saw a young girl... still a child, but already defiant. Already fighting her fate.
She had ideas... ideas of being a brave warrior... a noble Witcher, protector of the helpless and innocent.

And it angered him.

This helpless, pathetic child.. dared to think she could challenge him? His authority over the village?
No... It was a slap across his face. A personal insult. And we woudn't leave this travesty unanswered.

But, killing this stupid child, would be too easy of a punishment. Too quick.
No. He waited.

He let her have her dreams of grandeur. He let her travel unharmed to the Academy of Lieselotte. Let her become a Witcher and train there, for as long as she pleased.

And when she finally returned home to her village, shining bright, full of hope and pride of what she became, a noble warrior, protector of the weak...
That's when he struck."

Ursula looked at the horizon with a blank, empty expression. Something very dark was beginning to show through her eyes:

"...the little girl, all grown up now, and her mother... they had a favorite spot in the forest. A beautiful patch of nature, untouched by the parasites or the war.

At the edge of the village, take the marble stoned path, through the woods, to the river, under the sun's warm light, lies a wonderful waterfall. Through the crystal clear waters, you can see the sparkling sand, just beneath the small lake there.

A more peaceful, majestic place, I cannot image.

My mother and I spent our free moments there, ever since I was little. We would meet there, so often. She would tell me stories when I was little and I played in the lake. Talked about life, when I grew up, our feet in the water.
But we always came back to that place.

It was our little haven. Our very own, private paradise, in hell.

Carvos knew that... he knew that very well"

Ursula looked down:

"...one day... when I returned from a Witcher patrol... I came home and... my mother wasn't there.
The door was wide open, no lights inside...
And on the table... there was a note, impaled through the table with a knife... written in very clear Nifelheim, so I'd understand.

'The one you cherish most, is waiting for you at the end of the marble stoned path'

Ursula quietly maneuvered her fox, to ride at the head of the column. You could no longer see her expression, or her eyes:

"I ran, burning sword raised, through the path we walked through, so peacefully with my mother, so many times. Each step I took, tainted its memory, distorting the peaceful, wanderful memories, with feelings of fear, anger, despair.

He knew.
He knew what he was doing from the very beginning.
It wasn't enough for Carvos to kill me. He had to destroy the things that were most precious to me.
The people I loved. The places I cherished.

When I reached the waterfall, where me and I mother spent so much time, I saw them.

My mother was sitting on her knees, Carvos was holding a knife to her neck, standing behind her, using her as a shield.
He looked at me, smiled, and that's when I realized.

He wanted me to know. How useless I am. How arrogant it was of me, to think I could challenge the parasites. To think I could protect anyone.
I dared... to become a Witcher... this action basically spat in his face.

I didn't matter, what I'd become. I was still useless. He wanted me to know that."

Ursula's voice broke:

"He slowly moved his blade across my mothers neck. Her blood spilled into the lake. And when Carvos threw her lifeless body into the water, I understood. I understood what he tried to tell me.

I am a second rate Witcher, I dared to defy him and this was the price.
I couldn't save my mother. I wasn't strong or fast enough. In the end, it didn't matter how much I trained in Lieselotte. I couldn't save her."

Ursula went quiet. Making a point not to look back. Her cheeks were wet, slightly reflecting the rays of the sun.

"Rubbish" Rogue says bluntly, "If you accept that, then he's already won. In the situation he put you in back there, even the best in the business would've struggled to save her; he held all the cards and he knew it, so there's no point beating yourself up over it.

Now this Carvos guy might feel like a piece of work, but at the end of the day he sounds like nothing more than old money with an ego so big it has its own gravity well and Lagrange points.

He's the kind of guy incapable of imagining a world where people can do things out of the goodness of their hearts, so when he sees people trying to do just that, he thinks he has almost a moral duty to teach them the errors of their ways.

But if you give in, if you let him get to you, and you actually start to believe that nonsense, then at that very moment it might as well be true, because you're making it true for him.

Because the fact of the matter is, that as long as you believe in yourself, then you're never second-rate. And who would you rather believe; yourself, or a miserable coward who would resort to kidnap and murder just because a neighbour offended him for the crime of trying to help people?"

964Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Mon 25 Mar - 19:49

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"Kidnap and murder shouldn't make his words any more trustworthy or believable. In fact it makes them demented and really really wrong." Rain adds

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

~"Sadly, this world isn't that happy. It's the law of the jungle, kill or be killed."~ Twilight thought to herself. ~"Saying that Carvos was technically right, that he proved he was stronger the Ursula, will probably end up with hostile reactions from these bleeding hearts, who probably won't listen to a thing I say."~

She spoke up.

"Ursula, I'm sorry for your loss. But, I must ask, do you accept his judgement? That you'll always be beneath him? I don't think you want that."

Her eyes narrow. "I have a feeling that you're asking us something here. Knowing this group, the answer is probably yes. Personally, I have one condition to this..." She gives a nasty, savage grin. "You're the one who's going to deal the final blow, that ends his life."

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Ursula bitterly smiled and looked back:
"...it doesn't matter what I want.

Only what I am obligated to do.
I was ordered to safeguard the people and assist in their evacuation. There's no time for my personal vendettas"

She looked ahead, bitterly staring at the setting sun:
"...you misunderstand... I.. wasn't trying to ask anything. I let myself ramble on like a child, forcing you to listen to my problems.

... I have no idea where Carvos is.

We searched for him for over a year. But.. no result. Whatever trail he left behind, has gone cold years ago.

Carvos is gone... I'll probably never find him again. I've.. come to terms with that" she looked back and bitterly smiled, tears appearing again in her eyes.

Deep within Twilight mind, Alyx quietly sighed:
"Preying on the weak isn't strength. Its cruelty. That's what I think.

Carvos wasn't stronger, he was smarter, colder. Unbound by morality.

The rules of the jungle state, kill or be killed, that is true. But he didn't duel her directly. He didn't kill her.
He broke her emotionally, then left her to her own devices.
I find this approach... disgusting.
" Alyx quietly said.

Rogue wrote:Now this Carvos guy might feel like a piece of work, but at the end of the day he sounds like nothing more than old money with an ego so big it has its own gravity well and Lagrange points.

Ursula released a small laugh through the tears:
"He does sound like that doesn't he" she wiped her cheeks with her gloved hand and looked at you, brightly smiling:

"Maybe you're right. I can't let him get to me any longer. I.. have to start believing in myself, because there's people still counting on me.
And, I have to do my best for them."

She brightly smiled, her reddened eyes slightly reflecting the sun:

"Thank you"

The ride back took several hours. The last kilometers of the journey were spent under the nights sky. Three moons loomed over the snowy planes, illuminating the snow and making it sparkle with tiny blue lights. The visibility was surprisingly good here.

Upon reaching the village of Beauclair, Ursula immediately instructed everyone to open tents and make camp, at the edge of the village, beside the dozens of other tents already set up there.

Two veteran Witchers, with graying hair and faces riddled with scars, stood watch over the sleeping village.
Upon your arrival they silently nodded their heads, looking at your wounds with a meaningful, knowing glance, as if saying:

You are brothers in arms, we acknowledge your struggles, your help.

The night flew by increadibly quickly, it felt as if the moment you rested your head on the pillow, the very next second someone woke you up for a roll call, and the morning sun already hung over the horizon. The recent battle must have worn you out, more than you realized.

As you climbed out of the tent, you saw the village was abuzz. Several dozen people, civilians mostly, ran across the village and among the tents, gathering supplies, provisions and packing their things.

A few odd Witchers walked along the tents, on the edge of the village, keeping a watchful eye on the forest line in the distance.

And by the village' main gate, stood a long convoy of wooden carrieges and carts, simplistic in design, functional. Every five carts were linked together, connected to a few pair of foxes that impatiently stomped the ground, waiting, as the villagers loaded their belongings into the carts.

Upon a quick self examination, you discover that your Mana and Sanity recovered to full strength.
A pair of old Witchers noticed your injuries and raised their hands, telling you to halt.
From their words, you understood they were unwilling to let the 'children' waste their own mana, and the elderly Witchers healed you to full strength, before nodding and moving on.

Your stats are back to full strength.

"...Health takes a long time to regenerate on its own-" Ursula said to Rogue, slightly rubbing her eyes from the sleep:
"The energy behind it is increadibly powerful, that's why it takes so long to restore it. Regenerating a fatal head wound, or a punctured heart, its not easy, even for Witchers."

Tim lazily climbed out of his tent and stretched, smiling under the rays of the morning sun:
"Mmm.. I needed that rest. Rogue, I'll begin preparing the stone carving of Lucretia for transport. I'll make sure its secured inside the convoy, do not worry about it today" he nodded with a smile:

"It seems your hands will be full as it is"

Another pair of old Witchers approached and spoke to you in Nifelheim.
You couldn't understand everything they said, but it seems they were asking you to help the civilians pack and prepare for the journey.

Some of the civilians were causing some sort of 'problem'. You couldn't quite understand what problem that was, but the Witchers asked you to head inside the village and try to sort things out.
Then, they promptly left on another patrol.

"..what was that all about?" Johan asked in confusion.

"Not sure" Kaylee said, tracing the leaving Witchers with her eyes: "I guess we're needed inside the village.
Lets head out" she waved to everyone.

Before Rain could start moving, Ursula subtly pulled at her sleeve:
"Hey.. m-mom?... there's.. someone I wanted you to meet..
Would you.. come with me?" She looks up at you, her eyes a little sad.

967Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Tue 26 Mar - 11:23

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain looks to Ursula and smiles at her nervousness, "Yes of course?" She says sweetly as she falls behind Ursula, "Lead the way."

968Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Tue 26 Mar - 15:31

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"Thanks." She says to the healers.

After that, she does a brief reflection of what's said yesterday about Carvos.

(Back on the ride)

"Disgusting, but effective." Twilight repilies to the voice in her head.

~"Cruel or not, it worked. Carvos got out free, Ursula did too, her mother didn't. That's how nature works. The strong live and the weak die. And what that strength is, doesn't matter. If you have it, you can use it. Strength comes in all shapes and sizes, some more effective then others. And at that moment? Carvos had the power, the cruelty and determination to destroy Ursula's confidence completely."~

She solemnly looks ahead. ~"Just because you're morally correct, doesn't mean it will go the right way. You need the right tools to make justice come to be. Dreams won't come true unless you can put the effort into it. Call me jaded for it, but I've seen the world I helped building gone to hell too many times."~

(Present time.)

"Guess the last bits have to be done. I'll deal with that problem, see you soon." She says before heading there.

969Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Tue 26 Mar - 20:06

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:

Tim lazily climbed out of his tent and stretched, smiling under the rays of the morning sun:
"Mmm.. I needed that rest. Rogue, I'll begin preparing the stone carving of Lucretia for transport. I'll make sure its secured inside the convoy, do not worry about it today" he nodded with a smile:

"It seems your hands will be full as it is"

"Thanks" Rogue nods to Tim.

Last edited by Rogue Fire on Tue 26 Mar - 20:09; edited 1 time in total

970Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Tue 26 Mar - 20:09

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:

Another pair of old Witchers approached and spoke to you in Nifelheim.
You couldn't understand everything they said, but it seems they were asking you to help the civilians pack and prepare for the journey.

Some of the civilians were causing some sort of 'problem'. You couldn't quite understand what problem that was, but the Witchers asked you to head inside the village and try to sort things out.
Then, they promptly left on another patrol.

"..what was that all about?" Johan asked in confusion.

"Not sure" Kaylee said, tracing the leaving Witchers with her eyes: "I guess we're needed inside the village.
Lets head out" she waved to everyone.

"Let's hope they just need help disconnecting the kitchen sink ready for packing" Rogue says as he heads with the others towards the village.

Dan One

Dan One

"Something with less death potential. But knowing our luck..." Radiance dryly chuckles

972Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Thu 28 Mar - 16:30

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Twilight, Rogue, Radiance)

Alyx remained very quiet, for so long you began to forget he was there.
Finally, after you began moving towards the village, he spoke:

"You are beginning to sound like Marek, Twilight.
What happened?
" he quietly whispered:

"Is that who you want us to become?
Our fates are linked together. To be effective, I will be slowly adapting to your mindset, your combat style. After a while, I will begin advicing you to a course of action, that you will likely find favorable.

Twilight, do you want me to adapt the mindet you just described, and draw your attention toward such opportunities in combat?
"

As Tim trotted off towards the convoy, Kaylee and Johan followed Twilight, Radiance and Rogue as they set off to the village.

The place was abuzz with villagers moving back and forth, carrying large baskets and boxes between their homes and the convoy.

Children were running around your feet, happily laughing and chasing each other. A few cat-like spirits flew by and waved to you, releasing a smile full of sharp teeth.
You note that they were invisible to ordinary folk. The villagers walked right by them, as if nothing was there.

Soon, one of the villagers caught your attention, took hold of Radiances arm and began leading everyone forward, rapidly explaining something in Nifel. He spoke too quickly unfortunately and you couldn't understand him at all.

The villager finally stopped and pointed at one of the wooden houses. Quite a crowd began gathering there, just outside its front door. The villagers were discussing something with each other and looking at the house with concern.

Once they spotted you, they somewhat relaxed and turned toward you with expectation. One of them said:

"A family of three, refuses to leave. Help" the villagers returned to look at the wooden house.

Kaylee and Johan exchanged looks with you, before Johan took a few unsure steps towards the house.

"H-Hello?" He called in Nifel: "Good morning, can we come in?"
He knocked on the door and it swung open, appearing unlocked.

Twisting his neck, Johan peeked inside and froze up, catching a horrified expression.

In the middle of the living room, stood a large, wooden column, the support structure that held the roof by the looks of it.

Three figures sat on the floor, tied to the column with a set of thick ropes. A grandfather, daughter and grandson, judging by the age range.

The ropes were flimsily tied, seemingly more for show.
The three house occupants looked at you defiantly, then proudly raised their heads high, and looked away in protest.

"...You've got to be joking.." Kaylee quietly whispered.

(Rain)

"Its not a boyfriend, if that's what you're worried about" Ursula giggled, pulling Rain along:
"Come on, maybe there's still time to swing by the market"

Ursula began leading, entering the village and weaving her way through the busy crowd:
"You can't see it now, but in spring, the snow melts a little and you can see the whole west field outside the village, completely covered in flowers. Bright red and white, really puffy."

Ursula began walking among the wooden stalls, quickly scanning them. Most were already closed or abandoned, but a few still held some items on sale.

"Finding flowers during winter like now, is really hard, but people still need flowers the whole year 'round, so the knowledgeble folk set out to find them. We call them - Flower Hunters"

Ursula stopped next to a timid looking stall, its entire table filled with bouquets of dark red and purple, alien looking flowers.

"...they're really expensive this season, but I've been saving up" Ursula released a small, kind smile, picking up two bouquets and passing one to Rain:
"Its worth it.. every penny. Today is special, afterall.. for so many reasons"

She passed a hefty bag of coins to the stall owner and smiled to him:
"Thanks for holding them for me" she nodded to the owner who waved back.

"I'm glad you're here mom.
I'm glad you found me when you did" she looked up at Rain and smiled.

Continuing her path along the market, Ursula finally reached the edge of the village and stepped through a small, metal arch.
Beyond it, was a small patch of land, surrounded by a short fense.

The land was covered in snow that quietly cracked under your footsteps. And short, rectangular objects of stone, dotted the field, their top most part covered in layer of snow.

Ursula gingerly walked among them, carefully minding her steps. A strange, sad smile began to appear on her lips, that never left in the following minutes.

At the very edge by the fense, Ursula finally stopped and blinked her tears away with a smile.

The gravestone in front of her had a writing carved into it, written in Nifelheim.

Agatha Colbert
1233-1286

Thank you, for everything.

"Hey mom" Ursula quietly said, looking at the writing and gingerly holding her bouquet of red flowers:

"Sorry I didn't visit for a while, so many crazy things happened lately.

I met my mother from the Machine World. Her name is Rain and she's really cool.

I think she's a very skilled fighter, more skilled than me. Once she gets synchronized with her parasite, she'll probably be the one training me how to fight. You won't have to worry about me poking my eye out with my rapier anymore"

Ursula quietly giggled, smiling at the writing with tears in her eyes:
"...Rain also tells me, I have Another mom in the Machine World. Turns out I have three mothers.. how crazy is that"

Ursula's smile began to gradually fade, she nervously inhaled, blinking her tears away:

"..I'm... going home soon, to the Machine World.. just like you wanted.. which means..
this is probably the last time I get to visit you-"
Ursula slowly collapsed to her knees, holding the bouquet tight to her chest and closing her eyes:

"There won't be anyone left to watch over our home.. and the parasites will probably walk through here and destroy all our flowers.."

Ursula was crying, tightly holding on to her bouquet and afraid to let go. Her warm tears slowly fell onto the snow, next to her knees:

"...you've done so much for me..." she quietly sobbed:
"I just wish.. I could've done more for you-"

She tried to smile through the tears and reached out with her hand, lovingly touching the stone before her:
"...I'll never forget you" she whispered, gently and carefully placing the flowers at the base of the stone:

"...goodbye" Ursula said, her face wet with tears, but she smiled.

973Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Thu 28 Mar - 16:46

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Twilight, Rogue, Radiance)

Alyx remained very quiet, for so long you began to forget he was there.
Finally, after you began moving towards the village, he spoke:

"You are beginning to sound like Marek, Twilight.
What happened?
" he quietly whispered:

"Is that who you want us to become?
Our fates are linked together. To be effective, I will be slowly adapting to your mindset, your combat style. After a while, I will begin advicing you to a course of action, that you will likely find favorable.

Twilight, do you want me to adapt the mindet you just described, and draw your attention toward such opportunities in combat?
"

As Tim trotted off towards the convoy, Kaylee and Johan followed Twilight, Radiance and Rogue as they set off to the village.

The place was abuzz with villagers moving back and forth, carrying large baskets and  boxes between their homes and the convoy.

Children were running around your feet, happily laughing and chasing each other. A few cat-like spirits flew by and waved to you, releasing a smile full of sharp teeth.
You note that they were invisible to ordinary folk. The villagers walked right by them, as if nothing was there.

Soon, one of the villagers caught your attention, took hold of Radiances arm and began leading everyone forward, rapidly explaining something in Nifel. He spoke too quickly unfortunately and you couldn't understand him at all.

The villager finally stopped and pointed at one of the wooden houses. Quite a crowd began gathering there, just outside its front door. The villagers were discussing something with each other and looking at the house with concern.

Once they spotted you, they somewhat relaxed and turned toward you with expectation. One of them said:

"A family of three, refuses to leave. Help" the villagers returned to look at the wooden house.

Kaylee and Johan exchanged looks with you, before Johan took a few unsure steps towards the house.

"H-Hello?" He called in Nifel: "Good morning, can we come in?"
He knocked on the door and it swung open, appearing unlocked.

Twisting his neck, Johan peeked inside and froze up, catching a horrified expression.

In the middle of the living room, stood a large, wooden column, the support structure that held the roof by the looks of it.

Three figures sat on the floor, tied to the column with a set of thick ropes. A grandfather, daughter and grandson, judging by the age range.

The ropes were flimsily tied, seemingly more  for show.
The three house occupants looked at you defiantly, then proudly raised their heads high, and looked away in protest.

"...You've got to be joking.." Kaylee quietly whispered.

"Now, I hate to be the bearer of bad news here guys, but if you're planning on bringing this house with you, then you're going the wrong way about it. Really, you should be tied to the outside, so that your feet can touch the ground." Rogue jokes to the three occupants, trying to lighten the mood. "But seriously though, what's up here?"

974Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Thu 28 Mar - 20:12

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight looks at the scene, her eyes looking mostly in the distant, unfocussed.

~"You ask if I want to sink that low? If that was a joke, then I suggest getting better material."~

Mentally, she sighs.

~"I rather fight on my own, with my own magic. If you wish to help me, finds moments of oppertunity. Like noticing sand to blind a foe with, pointing out enemies that don't focus on us, ways to win within the rules by stretching them... Pragmatic combat, not bound to codes of honor."~

Within the mental conversation, she looks down.
~"And if you really worry about what I became and wil become, I suggest looking at my memories again. Not just the facts, but also the emotions behind it. I bet a man of knowledge like you will be able to understand that I do not belong with the people I'm stuck with now. See you soon."~

She wakes up, looking around the house. "Well, someone doesn't want to leave their home behind. That's fair, I guess. What's the plan?"

975Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Thu 28 Mar - 20:32

Dan One

Dan One

"We'd like to know why you won't leave," Radiance slightly nods. Playing off of Rogue's opening statement and keeping that light yet still serious tone.

At the same time he focuses on the heart beats of each person. Specifically looking to see if the children are faking there defiance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum