The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Skyline

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Thu 10 Oct - 4:43

Dan One

Dan One

//Ignore my miss spelling of heathens XD

"Going to be hard to re position a satellite when the network just shit the bed and decided that one above the city should impact it like a kamikaze pilot. And this was definitely a hacking or network hijacking as the satellites are supposed to safely self destruct when they malfunction. But someone shut of the thrusters keeping it in orbit and disable the self destruction."

The sound of her sipping something.

"And to make this more screwed up. Right before the satellite dropped we received a bunch of calls on our emergency lines. All of them either ambient insect noises or a shitty recording of Flight of the Bumblebees.

If you want some good news out of this there is a good chance we have a lead on the location of both Erith and the suspect. The suspect's last predicted path is headed towards one of the locations Erith is in."

77  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Thu 10 Oct - 19:20

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Radiance wrote://Ignore my miss spelling of heathens XD

"Going to be hard to re position a satellite when the network just shit the bed and decided that one above the city should impact it like a kamikaze pilot. And this was definitely a hacking or network hijacking as the satellites are supposed to safely self destruct when they malfunction. But someone shut of the thrusters keeping it in orbit and disable the self destruction."

The sound of her sipping something.

"And to make this more screwed up. Right before the satellite dropped we received a bunch of calls on our emergency lines. All of them either ambient insect noises or a shitty recording of Flight of the Bumblebees.

If you want some good news out of this there is a good chance we have a lead on the location of both Erith and the suspect. The suspect's last predicted path is headed towards one of the locations Erith is in."

"Somepony sent a sat into a nosedive?" Harry muses, "There've gotta be easier ways of attacking a city than that, surely?"

78  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Wed 30 Oct - 8:40

Dan One

Dan One

"It's possible" Valen chimes in "but getting it to hit something vital to the city would be worth more effort than it's worth."

Arra let's out a yawn "Unless whoever dropped the satalite it using panic as their weapon."

"In that note I have your orders." The operator cuts in "Detective Marple and Arra along with officer Quest are to join up with the squad heading towards Erith's predicted location. Sergeant Terrance and Detective Valen are to head back into the city and assist the police and first responders"

79  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Wed 30 Oct - 14:20

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Radiance wrote:"It's possible" Valen chimes in "but getting it to hit something vital to the city would be worth more effort than it's worth."

Arra let's out a yawn "Unless whoever dropped the satalite it using panic as their weapon."

"In that note I have your orders." The operator cuts in "Detective Marple and Arra along with officer Quest are to join up with the squad heading towards Erith's predicted location. Sergeant Terrance and Detective Valen are to head back into the city and assist the police and first responders"

"Orders understood, sir" Harry nods, and starts making his way back down to the ground floor to find transport.

80  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Fri 1 Nov - 13:48

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"Harry I remember seeing another body in the entrance hallway, on the ground floor" Jane called into the radio:
"Maybe we can ask it something as well, before moving on to the next objective"

She paused, turning around and beginning to head back towards the buildings exit:

"HQ, please send a hazmat team to the location of the crashed satellite and scan the impact zone for radiation.
Also send another hazmat team to a staging area, close to Erith's location. We'll meet up with them there and gear up with a Geiger counter and anti-radiation suits. I don't want to engage the hostile without those.

Also wanted to verify, if the suspect is headed towards Erith, does that mean both Erith and the suspect are currently located inside our established 10 kilometer perimeter?"

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

81  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Fri 1 Nov - 13:51

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:"Harry I remember seeing another body in the entrance hallway, on the ground floor" Jane called into the radio:
"Maybe we can ask it something as well, before moving on to the next objective"

"They looked in pretty bad shape, but I'll give it a go, over" Harry changes course, and heads towards the other body.

82  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Sat 2 Nov - 21:50

Dan One

Dan One

The group makes there way back down to the street with no issue. They pass the forensics squad. A four man team including Kane from earlier.

The body remains just mangled as it was before. Harry may cast Speak With Dead if he wishes

There is a few moments of silence before the operator responds again "Alright. A couple members from the hazmat team are splitting off to join with the squad in standby and yourselves. The rest are...investigating the crashed satalite." There is a slight hint of confusion in her voice.

"We're heading off. Good luck detectice" Terrance gives a nod to Jane and the others before he and Valen leave.

The operator continues "Also, in order to prevent more satalite network from malfunctioning we're taking the network offline. Could be down anywhere between 1 and 8 hours so after this I wont be able to provide support or communication for some time. If you require anything else now is the time to ask"

83  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Sun 3 Nov - 16:46

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Radiance wrote:The group makes there way back down to the street with no issue. They pass the forensics squad. A four man team including Kane from earlier.

The body remains just mangled as it was before. Harry may cast Speak With Dead if he wishes

Harry casts Speak with Dead on the body.

84  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Mon 4 Nov - 9:46

Dan One

Dan One

A ghostly form of the body stands up from the corpse. This time a translucent green. It glances at its body and for a moment shows visible distress. It then looks to Harry and waits for his question.

85  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Mon 4 Nov - 16:20

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Radiance wrote:A ghostly form of the body stands up from the corpse. This time a translucent green. It glances at its body and for a moment shows visible distress. It then looks to Harry and waits for his question.

"Is there more than one frenzied creature out there, with metal in his body?" Harry asks the deceased.

86  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Thu 14 Nov - 18:49

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"Utilize analogue radios for communication. Its all we had before the internet" Jane said:

"You mentioned earlier that the suspect is headed towards Erith. Does that mean both Erith and the suspect are currently located inside our established 10 kilometer perimeter?"

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

87  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Sat 16 Nov - 20:12

Dan One

Dan One

(Harry)
The spirit seems to think a moment then answers. He shifts more to white than green. Indicating the spirit is more agreeable to the spell. Guilt usually plays as a factor and though the spell is limited to a yes or no question the spirit can give more details as long as the answer could be summarized as yes or no.

"Including the one I assumed killed me I know of one more. Not exactly alike but similar. After the twins underwent the change the plans were stolen. Might be more but it took a decade to get the first change proper and the plans have only been missing for a month."

(Jane)
The operator answers back "Your target of both the suspect and Erith lies inside the perimeter at the eight click mark.

Going analog would not be efficient or cost effective. Police radios have a Beta Wave Crystal in them. Converts the original analog signal to digital for quality and security. If you wanted to go analog you'd need to find an Alpha Wave Crystal and replace the current Crystal.

Most AWC's where changed to BWC's and an original Alpha is very rare and very expensive. Finding one would take time and even if we did they can priced be upwards of half a million"

Last edited by Radiance on Sun 17 Nov - 0:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : // update)

88  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Sat 16 Nov - 20:22

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Radiance wrote:(Harry)
The spirit seems to think a moment then answers. He shifts more to white than green. Indicating the spirit is more agreeable to the spell. Guilt usually plays as a factor and though the spell is limited to a yes or no question the spirit can give more details as long as the answer could be summarized as yes or no.

"Including the one I assumed killed me I know of one more. Not exactly alike but similar. After the twins underwent the change the plans were stolen. Might be more but it took a decade to get the first change proper and the plans have only been missing for a month."

"Hell..." Harry pulls up his radio, "Guys, we've got a problem. Looks like there's a second monster out there, a twin. And it gets worse, the blueprints to make more of them've been stolen."

89  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Sun 17 Nov - 20:04

Dan One

Dan One

//Sounds like Kaylee is out. Do you still want to continue this Rogue?

90  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Sun 17 Nov - 20:15

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Radiance wrote://Sounds like Kaylee is out. Do you still want to continue this Rogue?

// I don't mind, though it could get a little dull with only one player...

91  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Sun 17 Nov - 20:43

Dan One

Dan One

//I DM a dnd game with one player it is never dull

92  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Sun 17 Nov - 20:52

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Radiance wrote://I DM a dnd game with one player it is never dull

// Well I guess we can give it a go, if you're still up for it?

93  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Tue 19 Nov - 4:34

Dan One

Dan One

A bright light flashes and Jane disappears from existence. There is no memory of her.

After Harry relays the information Arra pauses a moment with a yawn in the middle of it.

"Then we need to meet up with the team now." She moves towards one of the police cruisers "No time to waste standing here"

94  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Tue 19 Nov - 20:47

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Radiance wrote:A  bright light flashes and Jane disappears from existence. There is no memory of her.

After Harry relays the information Arra pauses a moment with a yawn in the middle of it.

"Then we need to meet up with the team now." She moves towards one of the police cruisers "No time to waste standing here"

"Understood" Harry nods and heads towards the cruiser.

95  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Thu 5 Dec - 12:26

Dan One

Dan One

The drive to the destination takes the better part of 15 minutes. Most of the path is through the outer suburbs of the city. Most business shut down save for a couple 24 hour gas stations and one or two fast food drive-throughs.

The current destination is the parking lot of strip mall. It's about a block away from Erith's predicted location. The parking lot is mostly devoid of life holding one or two cars from the night shift workers at the various businesses as well as three unmarked armor vehicles that have formed a semi circle.

For but a moments as the two get out of the car they spot a figure on top the connected buildings. Before either can say anything the figure isn't there. Knowing that even viewing the assailant for a moment earlier caused fear that feeling still sparked as they glanced the figure.

"You saw that right?" Arra keeps throwing glances at the roof as both her and Harry are waved forward by someone in heavy riot armor.

96  Skyline   - Page 4 Empty Re: Skyline Thu 5 Dec - 17:51

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Radiance wrote:The drive to the destination takes the better part of 15 minutes. Most of the path is through the outer suburbs of the city. Most business shut down save for a couple 24 hour gas stations and one or two fast food drive-throughs.

The current destination is the parking lot of strip mall. It's about a block away from Erith's predicted location. The parking lot is mostly devoid of life holding one or two cars from the night shift workers at the various businesses as well as three unmarked armor vehicles that have formed a semi circle.

"Hey, I go out to eat here!" Harry remarks as he gets out of the cruiser, "Really good fish and chips..."

Radiance wrote:For but a moments as the two get out of the car they spot a figure on top the connected buildings. Before either can say anything the figure isn't there. Knowing that even viewing the assailant for a moment earlier caused fear that feeling still sparked as they glanced the figure.

"You saw that right?" Arra keeps throwing glances at the roof as both her and Harry are waved forward by someone in heavy riot armor.

"I think I did, wasn't more than a glance though" harry replies to Arra, "So what's the sitch here, we got them cornered yet?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum