The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Enduring Cherry Blossom

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 14]

176Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Tue 19 Dec - 17:20

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"How much power is needed to crack and destabilize the Mana crystal?" Malcolm asks. "If it's unstable enough, we could snipe it. Or when close, blow a grenade. Doubt it will be that easy though."

"Let's figure out actual tactics for it then." Julie says, posing cutesy with the NZ75. On her back is an M590 and around her waist are smoke grenades.

"Like what?" Desiree says, clutching the MP5 to her chest.

"I need to know what I'm dealing with for that." Malcolm answers, pondering over the weapons.

177Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Tue 19 Dec - 19:28

Gamma and Epsilon

Gamma and Epsilon

“We could go for both plans at the same time. Once we have our contracts with the Eishi myself and three others who know how to shoot at long range can set up with sniper rifles while the rest split into two groups of four. Each group can assault and distract from different angles. The sniper team can then attack the crystal from afar and provide overwatch for the distraction teams” Megan suggests as she slips into one of the hazmat suits.

She then slings an SVD over her back, holster’s an NZ75 on each hip, and takes hold of a TAR-21 in her hands. In her Mallet Space she stores a Negev, 10 Frag Grenades, 10 Incendiary Grenades, 5 Directional Claymore Mines and plenty of reserve ammo for all of her weapons.

178Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Wed 20 Dec - 18:45

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Ebenezer wrote:"I'm not brave like you are, Yui" Ebenezer said sadly, looking down at the floor, "I don't want to die, I just want to live."

"I..." Yui hunched over slightly, taking hold of her elbow and looked down. A strange expression colored her face and for a moment, you thought you saw primal fear in her eyes. "...me too."
The expression vanished quickly, as the girl violently shook her head, then smiled:
"No, I can't think like that..." she straightened up again, her shoulders broad "..others need me."

She looked at you and nodded "If you leave the bunker and travel south, you'll come across a tourist lodge, if you're lucky, there may be some undamaged vehicles in the underground parking lot. Continue fleeing south along the highway, and place as much mountains between you and Sideris as possible." She said, looking Ebenezer and Denis in the eye, then released a cinsere smile:
"..good luck."

Gladwin wrote:"Why did this have to happen? Why now?

I never wanted to come here, I didn't volunteer.

"Sometimes we don't choose our own fate," Yui calmly said "sometimes its thrust upon us, but-" she sighed and looked at you with resolve:

"Asking 'Why' or 'How'... 'Why us'...
It doesn't matter, anymore."

She blinked, looking determined:
"It already happened to us, so, lets do something about it." She smiled:

"...We are the only ones who can."

Gladwin wrote:Whole villages were just emptied. I don't suppose anyone will ever return to live there again, and they'll be abandoned to the elements.

Yui wistfully looked at the monitors, at the ruins of Sideris, at the burned and ash covered soil, at the rivers of the red toxic substance and smiled:

"One day, when the war will be over, the people will come back, and replant the seeds and regrow the land. And from my body, flowers will grow." She smiled, closing her eyes and placing a palm on her heart.

Buzzy wrote:
Buzzy smiles at the party, "There were two callibration stones in here as well!" Buzzy reaches in her space and pulls out one of the stones, "anybody wonna pick some spells and have the spare?"

"Hey, that's a good idea!" Yui excitedly nodded "Might as well set up our spell list now. May I recommend the Invisibility spell, it might come in handy, if we want to stealthily sneak past the enemy lines and right up to the Mana Crystal."

Malcolm wrote:"How much power is needed to crack and destabilize the Mana crystal?"

"Eeeehh??...Eeh..." Yui awkwardly looked away with a Pikachu face, slightly sweating:

"T-That is a good question. ... I don't know."

She thought about it more seriously for a moment "Well... the smaller crystals are quite fragile, and they become sturdier with size.. although it also depends on how thick they made its chasis. This one looks like a custom job.

Just judging by how much Mana they wanted to store in this one, I imagine its gonna be pretty sturdy, to hold all that power in." She shifted her weight:

"Buut at any rate, yeah, I was thinking along the same lines, try to snipe it, and if it doesn't work, go with magical or conventional explotions."

Megan wrote:“We could go for both plans at the same time. Once we have our contracts with the Eishi myself and three others who know how to shoot at long range can set up with sniper rifles while the rest split into two groups of four. Each group can assault and distract from different angles. The sniper team can then attack the crystal from afar and provide overwatch for the distraction teams”

"Yeah, that sounds pretty good!" Yui beamed "Lets go with that."

Megan wrote:
She then slings an SVD over her back, holster’s an NZ75 on each hip, and takes hold of a TAR-21 in her hands. In her Mallet Space she stores a Negev,

Harvie watches with some level of dread, as you shove a Negev in the Mallet Space:

"...uuuhhh.... you sure you can fire that thing? With its recoil? That gun is bigger than you are."

"That's what the Eishi are for." Yui released an eerie grin, as she started loading a SPAS shotgun with shells "They'll help boost up your strength and regenerate your wounds, even if you get shot in the head. So don't let that stop you."

"Oh........ good........" Gatry watched with a mix of dread and disgust as Braxton started slinging strips of machine gun ammo around his torso, creating an X sign with it.

"Okay, so, we ready to move out?" Yui asked with a smile, turning on her heels. You noticed a Gr Mk-23 on her belt, an SV-98 sniper rifle on her back and Tar-21 in hand, and who knows what else she shoved in her Mallet Space.

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

179Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Wed 20 Dec - 18:54

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"I'm sorry" Ebenezer nodded to Yui, tears welling up in his eyes, "I thought I could come to the academy and everything would be great, but the reality couldn't be anything further from it."

180Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Wed 20 Dec - 21:52

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Buzzy pulls an additional Vector from the wall and pulls the bolt back aims it, rests it on her hip and generally familiarizes herself with her firearm, what firing modes does this Vector have? Wheres the safety?, Mag switch?, bolt?, its loaded?, She folds the stock in and huffs as she straps the weapon over her shoulders and lets it hang at her hip

She dips back into her mallet space and this time, you hear the distinct sounds of her fiddling with something big when she pulls out the M60. She holds the 10kg firearm to her hip, strapping it over her shoulder just like the vector for a moment as she gets intimate with this firearm as well. Checking its cover, pulling its bolt...

and as Buzzy does this you see in her, catharsis. her attention pulled away from the situation as she preforms her final checks on her weapons.

"This is it B." she whispers under her breath in her focus, "He's already to blame for this. See him out."

Despite what Buzzy said earlier about not knowing alot about firearms... She seems to know alot about the ones shes wielding now, or at least how they generally function, and how to safely handle one. You could even say shes handling herself professionally.

Last edited by Some Sinner on Thu 21 Dec - 5:20; edited 1 time in total

181Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Wed 20 Dec - 22:52

Gamma and Epsilon

Gamma and Epsilon

"I'm ready" Megan nods to Yui

182Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Thu 21 Dec - 12:32

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Malcolm got a few handguns, a G36 and an SVD. He then looks to the group.
"I don't have a your spacebox, but don't clutter it with all the weapons here. Keep it organized. Especially ammo needs to be kept in order so you don't stuff the wrong ammo in your gun."

Julie nods and picks out the ammo for her weapons.

Desiree raises her hand. "How long did we have again? I heard less then an hour..."

Malcolm then raises a brow. "Then how the hell were we supposed to flee in the first place? Even if we had a working vehicle here, it would need to reach like half the speed of sound and maintain that for an hour. That's on a straight path, any hills, bumps and curves will slow you down, so it's even closer to the speed of sound."

"Was there any place safe then?" Julie wonders.

Desiree thinks. "... The portal they have? I mean, they won't let themselves die out here for this, would they? That sounds stupid..."

Malcolm then ponders. "Come to think of it... Why did they destroy this place for a foothold? It's very far north, so the blast will have to trave the entire planet to reach the south. Bring it out in a uncharted location nearf the equator, and you have free reign. Heck, most people here died with the belief the eishi are our allies, bring this thing in as a 'new long distance blast' to kill Chimaera, we wouldn't ask a thing. We'd even gather closer, to see this thing at work."

Julie raisess her finger, then ponders. ".... You're not wrong, but it doesn't matter if that spell gets off and we die anyway."

183Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Mon 25 Dec - 15:42

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

merry chrimas!!!! or happi hannukieee! Very Happy

Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Bad_tr10

184Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Wed 27 Dec - 13:17

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

//Hey everyone sorry for the massive delay, the job just completely burned me out >.<
I've already started writing the post, but its really long (oops XD) cos there's a scene change, so I've been writing it bit by bit on my notepad, I should be able to finish it by today's evening.
Sorry for the delay again, the job just completely drained me this week >.<

But, also!

Merry Christmas!!

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Merry-Christmas-Wallpaper-9

185Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Wed 27 Dec - 22:38

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Ebenezer wrote:"I'm sorry" Ebenezer nodded to Yui, tears welling up in his eyes, "I thought I could come to the academy and everything would be great, but the reality couldn't be anything further from it."
Malcolm wrote:Desiree raises her hand. "How long did we have again? I heard less then an hour..."

Malcolm then raises a brow. "Then how the hell were we supposed to flee in the first place? Even if we had a working vehicle here, it would need to reach like half the speed of sound and maintain that for an hour. That's on a straight path, any hills, bumps and curves will slow you down, so it's even closer to the speed of sound."

"We have to try!" Denis clenched his fists bitterly, closing his eyes: "I don't care how hopeless it is! I'm taking the first car I see and start driving south, putting as many mountains between me and the Crystal as I can!" He pointed at you and the gathered crowd:
"And if you have any sense, you'll go with me! It sure as hell gives us a better chance of survival than outright rushing towards our doom!"

He stared, angrily and bitterly at the crowd. Harvie, Brax and Yui didn't move. Lily looked on the verge of tears but held her ground and clumsily clutched her rifle harder, using it as a ward.

Denis' eyes narrowed as he scowled: "Fine then!" he only took a handgun with him, as he angrily marched out of the armory, hiding his face behind the hazmat suits full-face gas mask.

Yui slowly exhaled, more to calm her own nerves, you thought. Then composed herself and released a small smile again:
"Alright. Lets get to work." she put on her own gas mask, then fastened her white-and-red fox mask, just over it. The masks long fox muzzle actually fit relatively seamlessly over the gas masks protruding air filter, couple with the hazmat suit, it made Yui seem like some sort of old demon from the Japanese folklore.

Harvie narrowed his eyes and looked at her sideways: "...why do you still have that? The Festival was yesterday"

"For intimidation." Yui said in confident monotone, checking her rifle.

"...the eye holes on that mask look real narrow, can you even see anything in that thing-" Harvie began skeptically.

"For intimidation!" Yui repeated again in monotone and marched out.

Buzzy wrote:Buzzy pulls an additional Vector from the wall and pulls the bolt back aims it, rests it on her hip and generally familiarizes herself with her firearm, what firing modes does this Vector have?

Upon closer examination, the Vector seems to have 3 firing modes, easily selected with a flick of a switch under your thumb:

- Single round,
- 3 round burst
- and Full-auto.

The clip is some sort of non-standard, extended variant, with 50 bullets in the clip.

The Vector has an invisible laser pointer, that can be seen in its reticle, but the word 'Invisible' has a different meaning, when it comes to Eishi and their Blacklight spells.

Buzzy wrote:She dips back into her mallet space and this time, you hear the distinct sounds of her fiddling with something big when she pulls out the M60. She holds the 10kg firearm to her hip, strapping it over her shoulder just like the vector for a moment as she gets intimate with this firearm as well. Checking its cover, pulling its bolt...

It seems the M60 also has an extended drum magazine, housing about 120 bullets.

"So many movie one-liners..." Braxton snickered, feeding a line of bullets into his Negev "So many one-liners I can make..."

"Ugh..." Lily resisted an urge to roll her eyes.

"Ehehehe." Braxton giggled.

Julie wrote:Desiree thinks. "... The portal they have? I mean, they won't let themselves die out here for this, would they?

"....No...... they wouldn't..." Yui fell into thought, as if realizing something: "...this is interesting... on the camera feeds, the enemy was clearly setting up barricades and a defensive perimeter, as far as 500 meters away from the portal. Its not something the can abandon quickly or instantly."

She looked up at you: "It makes me think, they intend to stay at their post, on the perimeter, when the Pentagram activates. And since the Pentagram will cover the entire globe... they will be inevitably caught in its effect... that means..."

"...its not a simple destructive spell." Harvie finished, his expression growing dark.

Yui nodded "Its just a hypothesis but..." the girl looked down, her voice coming off muffled through the mask: "...I think its something else."

"...not really keen on finding out what that is." Harvie shivered "...those monsters killed 4 million people, just to secure a foothold. Whatever their Pentagram does, its not gonna be for our benefit."

Malcolm wrote:"Come to think of it... Why did they destroy this place for a foothold? It's very far north, so the blast will have to trave the entire planet to reach the south. Bring it out in a uncharted location nearf the equator, and you have free reign. Heck, most people here died with the belief the eishi are our allies, bring this thing in as a 'new long distance blast' to kill Chimaera, we wouldn't ask a thing. We'd even gather closer, to see this thing at work."

"There's only one Portal on Kepler, that links to the Eishi homeworld." Yui began "Its right here in Sideris. They couldn't have done this anywhere else."

The girl shifted her weight, trying to adjust to the hazard suit:
"Someone on the Eishi homeworld specifically requested that our most high-ranking military officials gathered in Sideris today," Yui said stiffly, you could hear the bitter frustration in her voice, regarding the situation:

"Then, our leaders were all killed in the initial blast... at least, the leaders of our Northern Command Post. It ensured confusion in the chain of command... and the initial explosion wiped out any military forces that could respond to this crysis in time." Yui looked at her palms.

"...then, they brought in a Mana Crystal... housing roughly 1 million Mana." she looked at you: "Its a ticking time-bomb, in in of itself. Its a WMD.

No one, in their right mind, would ever allow an unstable, unpredictable Artifact like that, to be dragged across our globe. Certainly, nobody would allow it to be portaled into Sideris, a densely populated city.

And I suspect no one would allow a Category 6 Pentagram to be openly and officially painted anywhere on our globe, without at least someone sneaking a peek at it, and discerning what it does."

The girl bitterly looked at the floor "Pentagrams of this size, take weeks to prepare in advance, maybe months..." her fists clutched:

"...there were traitors in our midst... traitors in the Academy... Someone knew...
Someone drew this giant Pentagram, in secret, around Sideris, without anyone finding out... the only ones who knew - were the ones involved."

She took hold of the birdge of her nose, or, rather, the fox' muzzle of her mask:
"There were traitors in the Academy. Probably humans and Eishi alike... unbelievable." She quietly swore under her breath.

"Alright, lets not waste any more time," Braxton emitted an eerie crack from his neck, tilting it at a weird angle "Its a bit of a hike back to school, we should jog while we have the stamina." With that, he secured his weapon better in his arm and broke down a sprint down the hall.

Gathering in front of the bunkers main blast doors, sent a chill down your spine. An eerie red substance had seeped in, collected at the fissure between the double doors and on the floor before it. The viscous liquid bubbled and faintly hissed, when you tried listening to it, and the remains of Christabels dissolved pencil still lingered on the floor.

"We're not gonna get flooded with this goo, when we open the doors, right?" Brax swallowed.

"What if-... what if we're caved in, on the other side!" Lily called, panic seeping into her voice.

"One way to find out." Yui pulled a heavy lever with both hands, visibly straining her muscles, and you heard the heavy grinding of machines in the walls, as the blast doors shook and loudly parted, screeching against the floor.

On the other side, was darkness.

It took your eyes a few moments to adjust, before you realized it was just night-time on the other side. An artificial night. The clock on your data-pad clearly read 7:21 in the morning, but the ash from the explosion was so thick and so heavy over the sky, it completely blocked out the sun, plunging the outskirts in complete darkness. Only the red substance faintly glowed on the floor.

It covered the entire cave that led out of the bunker, and as you took your first steps on it, the substance crunched under your feet, as if you were walking through super heated glass shards, that were rapidly cooling.

A small piece of the substance fell from the ceiling and onto Braxtons strap that held his rifle over his shoulder. The strap hissed and dissolved in seconds, prompting Braxton to swear, just barely catching his gun as the strap fell on the floor, bubbled and melted.

"Son of a bitch." The boy's voice came out as a loud echo through his hazmat suits mask.

"Stick to wireless communication from now on." Yui's soft voice quietly echoed in your Data-pads earpiece "We can remained more silent this way."
You haven't heard her voice through her mask at all, it seems she was whispering but she came through clearly through your earpiece.

Stepping out of the cave, a truly horrid sight came into view. The once green hills have been scorched black, turned to blast lands of hard rock and ash, with occasional rivers of bubbling red flowing through here and there. The skies were dark, where a heavy layer of clouds hung low, oppressively above you. And in the distance, the graveyard of Sideris stood, the black and gray skeletons of its skyscrapers crumbling and cracked, standing in defiance, as a testament to the millions of lives that were snuffed out in seconds.

"You're crazy!" Denis called in anger, bewilderment and desperation, as you began pilling out of the cave and shuffling toward the ruins "You're all insane!!!" He screamed, waiting for someone to stop and come with him, but Yui didn't look in his direction.

"You are going to die!!! Don't you realize that!?" Denis shrieked. There was no reaction from Yui. Nor Harvie, nor Vasya, who just stared and shook his head at Denis in disapproval, before moving away.

"Fine then!!!" Denis hysterically shrieked, you heard a trace of tears in his voice "Ebenezer come on, we're getting the fuck out of here." The boy said and broke into a mad sprint down south. He never looked back.

Your eyes were directed forward, toward your old school, a school you barely had a chance to call home.

The Kryugers Academy fared no better than Sideris. Sprinting toward the castle for 10 minutes straight, filled you with dread and anxiety. Gone were the marvelous statues, the court-yards, the farmlands and training grounds. They have all melted into a black metal sludge, indistinguishable from one another. But here and there, the remains of a skeleton were visible on the ground, its bones completely red, as it laid in a puddle of a viscous, scarlet and bubbling liquid, its bones too small to belong to an adult. Only the husks of Sakura trees remained, petrified, glassed, blackened, they stood in silent vigil over the carnage.

The windows in the castle were shattered, sevetal walls and towers collapsed. The majestic front doors were blown in. As you ascended the steps to it and went through the front door, a scene of unspeakable evil came before your eyes.

Several hundred students were in the main lobby, when the blast hit. Their charred and reddened skeketons were now huddled against the walls in a disfigured heap, bubbling inside the acidic red substance, and even the hazmat suits air filters did little, to mask the stench of death and decomposing, charred flesh.

Lily turned away, doubling over, suppressing a vomitting reflex as her body was rocked by silent sobbing. Yui watched the ashen halls and the carnage in silence. With her standing perfectly still, her face hidden under the hazmat suit and the fox mask, it was impossible to tell what she was thinking. You could only imagine what was going through her head.

As an orphan, she practically grew up here. The Academy was her home, in more ways than one. Its students, its faculty of professors, her family. To have it taken away so fast, and so violently, the halls of her school desecrated in such a profound way.

Yui watched in silence, taking in everything, every crack in the wall, every skeleton, every gruesome detail, seemingly comitting it to memory, before the girl sighed, turned, and walked off into an adjacent hallway.

Its ancient walls gray, the rugs and wood charred, the historical paintings reduced to cinders inside their gilded frames.

The entrance to the Forbidden Section laid directly ahead. Its door conspicuously undamaged. Not even singed or ashen. It seems Yui's warning about it being warded off with powerful magic was true.

Walking up to it just like last time, the girl placed her palm on the terminal that scanned both her DNA and military authorization. The screen beeped and lit up green, displaying an access log:

"Welcome. Corporal. Katsura. Yui." A synthetic female voice called from the ceiling, but Yui frowned at the terminal.

"Wait!" She violently whipped her Tar-21 over her shoulder and aimed it at the door, hugging the wall. "Someone's been here!"

"What?" Vasily called, falling in behind her and taking hold of his Vector "Someone from the faculty?"

"Impossible." Yui tilted her head at the terminal "the log says, the Forbidden Section was accessed 15 minutes ago... that's after the explosion decimated the school."

The door slid up into the ceiling and Yui stormed in, aiming down sights and scanning every inch of the corridor beyond. As you rush inside, you soon spot a lone figure, sprawled on the floor. Her legs and a large part of her clothes were stained scarlet red, covered in that vicious red substance. Half of her face was covered in it, and so was her hair.

You didn't immediately understand how this person hasn't dissolved in this acid yet, until you noticed the faint shimmer around her and realized it was an injured Eishi. Her brown hair was turning a horrid red, as the acid seeped into it. Her flowery yukata began seeming eerily familiar, when the figure cough, a raspy, labored breath escaping her cracked, dry lips and Yui's gun fell down from her arms, left to dangle on its strap and the girl yelled in horror:

"POLLY!!!"

186Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Thu 28 Dec - 0:35

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Buzzy lets out a soft sigh, "Small girl big gun?" She says to Braxton as she finishes up with the m60, "Who knows the next time im gonna be able to get a proper work out so big gun buzzy it is!" She chuckles, "When I need a lot of lead to go down range for an extended period of time anyway."

Buzzy remains silent for most of the time as they walk. Resting her arms across the top of her vector from the strap around her neck as her footsteps crunch under her feet, "You say its for intimidation, we should get some voice distorters... like the combine or somethin." Her voice lowers into a growl as she presses the masks microphone against her cheek making herself sound barely conprehensable, "Nova Kilo 8,6 waiting for transport. Hostiles elimiated, waiting for sector clear codes."

Buzzys gaze scans over the schools hallways, her weapon shouldered as she peaks it around corners. As they come across the scene of a hundred students Buzzy lets out an audible cough before turning away a couple seconds later, "Eugh..." is all she manages to get out before pressing onwards.

Buzzy keeps her weapon braced and as Yui punches in the code her weapon shoots up to cover her.

Its hard to deny at this point, Buzzy has had some kind of military training prior to arriving, or at least one of her peers knew something about it and taught her. She moves stiffly, and as the trained weapon sits near you, there isn't much sway, whatevers on the other side Buzzy has your back.

As the door opens Buzzy follows close behind Yui clearing the corners and looking up to search above before her aim and her gaze falls on Polly. Buzzy lets out a loud huff, "I told you she was probably alive!" Her voice just barely pierces her gas mask, "At least now we can find out if she actually planned to put us in there!" Buzzy closes in on the Eshi, theres a faint click as she presses her firearms safety on, "Rendering aid!" She calls, taking a knee beside Polly.

187Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Thu 28 Dec - 13:19

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:Stepping out of the cave, a truly horrid sight came into view. The once green hills have been scorched black, turned to blast lands of hard rock and ash, with occasional rivers of bubbling red flowing through here and there. The skies were dark, where a heavy layer of clouds hung low, oppressively above you. And in the distance, the graveyard of Sideris stood, the black and gray skeletons of its skyscrapers crumbling and cracked, standing in defiance, as a testament to the millions of lives that were snuffed out in seconds.

"You're crazy!" Denis called in anger, bewilderment and desperation, as you began pilling out of the cave and shuffling toward the ruins "You're all insane!!!" He screamed, waiting for someone to stop and come with him, but Yui didn't look in his direction.

"You are going to die!!! Don't you realize that!?" Denis shrieked. There was no reaction from Yui. Nor Harvie, nor Vasya, who just stared and shook his head at Denis in disapproval, before moving away.

"Fine then!!!" Denis hysterically shrieked, you heard a trace of tears in his voice "Ebenezer come on, we're getting the fuck out of here." The boy said and broke into a mad sprint down south. He never looked back.

"We will tell others what happened here" Ebenezer called back to Yui and the others, taking one final glance at the party headed towards the academy, before following Denis south.

"Good luck."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the control room, Gladwin had set himself up in front of the computer monitors, and was watching the various screens intently, tracking the party's progress as they made their way back to the academy.

"Yui, what's going on over there, I don't have any cameras in the forbidden section?" he called over the radio.

Kaylee Brown wrote:The windows in the castle were shattered, sevetal walls and towers collapsed. The majestic front doors were blown in. As you ascended the steps to it and went through the front door, a scene of unspeakable evil came before your eyes.

Several hundred students were in the main lobby, when the blast hit. Their charred and reddened skeketons were now huddled against the walls in a disfigured heap, bubbling inside the acidic red substance, and even the hazmat suits air filters did little, to mask the stench of death and decomposing, charred flesh.

Christabel waved at one of the skeletons, and then wandered off away from the rest of the group at the academy, looking for the kitchen they had practiced summoning in.

188Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Thu 28 Dec - 17:54

Gamma and Epsilon

Gamma and Epsilon

"We found Yui," Megan responds sullenly through her own radio, "she's barely alive"

189Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Thu 28 Dec - 18:47

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Kaylee Brown wrote:"There's only one Portal on Kepler, that links to the Eishi homeworld." Yui began "Its right here in Sideris. They couldn't have done this anywhere else."

The girl shifted her weight, trying to adjust to the hazard suit:
"Someone on the Eishi homeworld specifically requested that our most high-ranking military officials gathered in Sideris today," Yui said stiffly, you could hear the bitter frustration in her voice, regarding the situation:

"Then, our leaders were all killed in the initial blast... at least, the leaders of our Northern Command Post. It ensured confusion in the chain of command... and the initial explosion wiped out any military forces that could respond to this crysis in time." Yui looked at her palms.

"...then, they brought in a Mana Crystal... housing roughly 1 million Mana." she looked at you: "Its a ticking time-bomb, in in of itself. Its a WMD.

No one, in their right mind, would ever allow an unstable, unpredictable Artifact like that, to be dragged across our globe. Certainly, nobody would allow it to be portaled into Sideris, a densely populated city.

And I suspect no one would allow a Category 6 Pentagram to be openly and officially painted anywhere on our globe, without at least someone sneaking a peek at it, and discerning what it does."

The girl bitterly looked at the floor "Pentagrams of this size, take weeks to prepare in advance, maybe months..." her fists clutched:

"...there were traitors in our midst... traitors in the Academy... Someone knew...
Someone drew this giant Pentagram, in secret, around Sideris, without anyone finding out... the only ones who knew - were the ones involved."

She took hold of the birdge of her nose, or, rather, the fox' muzzle of her mask:
"There were traitors in the Academy. Probably humans and Eishi alike... unbelievable." She quietly swore under her breath.

"Which is why I find it even more baffling they had to do this by eliminating a whole army and city before coming here." Malcolm says frowning. "There are far easier ways to fool us, any hint of this leaking out before would have been destructive to the plan."

"Time and place, guys." Julie says sternly. "We can get the answers from them if you want them."

Kaylee Brown wrote:"You're crazy!" Denis called in anger, bewilderment and desperation, as you began pilling out of the cave and shuffling toward the ruins "You're all insane!!!" He screamed, waiting for someone to stop and come with him, but Yui didn't look in his direction.

Desiree looks at him before he runs. "I know I will die... But... My death will liberate me from the creature in my head." She looks down. "And if it can do good for others, it's a good deal..."

Despite the hazmat suit, she looks sad. "I want to run, but... I can't... I'd lose..."

After that, she continues in silence.

Kaylee Brown wrote:You didn't immediately understand how this person hasn't dissolved in this acid yet, until you noticed the faint shimmer around her and realized it was an injured Eishi. Her brown hair was turning a horrid red, as the acid seeped into it. Her flowery yukata began seeming eerily familiar, when the figure cough, a raspy, labored breath escaping her cracked, dry lips and Yui's gun fell down from her arms, left to dangle on its strap and the girl yelled in horror:

"POLLY!!!"

"OH NO!" Julie cries out, and rushes to her, making sure not to touch the stuff directly.

"Get me something to wash this filth off her! Bring her to a shower, if they work!"

Malcolm turned to the group. "If you have racial magic, get rid of most of the stuff from Polly's skin! Someone else find water to cleanse her with, pronto!"

Desiree steps forward, unsure, but she tries to, her goat horns giving off a faint glow as she does. "I'm no good, but..."

"Anything is better then nothing!" Malcolm shouts. "Even if it's too late, we must buy as much time as we can!"

Julie perks up. "It's not too late, Polly is an Eishi! Yui, come here, merge with her like you did this morning!"

190Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Sat 30 Dec - 14:23

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Ebenezer wrote:"We will tell others what happened here" Ebenezer called back to Yui and the others, taking one final glance at the party headed towards the academy, before following Denis south.

"Good luck."

Yui turned around and looked at you for a moment. Her body language was rigid and face expression hidden under her fox-mask, that looked especially eerie under the artificial night, but her voice came out unexpectedly soft, even tearful, when it echoed inside your earpiece, too quiet to be picked up anywhere else:

"...Thank you."

The girl remained standing in place for another moment, before she broke into the sprint to the castle.

Buzzy wrote:"You say its for intimidation, we should get some voice distorters... like the combine or somethin." Her voice lowers into a growl as she presses the masks microphone against her cheek making herself sound barely conprehensable, "Nova Kilo 8,6 waiting for transport. Hostiles elimiated, waiting for sector clear codes."

"The Hazmat suits are doing a number on our voices already, trust me," Vasily giggled faintly, as you sprinted toward the castle "you're sorta coming off as Darth-Vader through that air filter."

Gladwin wrote:Back in the control room, Gladwin had set himself up in front of the computer monitors, and was watching the various screens intently, tracking the party's progress as they made their way back to the academy.

There wasn't much activity going on in the monitors, displaying the path to Kryugers Academy. Everything seemed eerily still, gray, and dead. Glassed farmlands, their fields reminding you more of the frozen waves of the ocean. The gray, cracked castle towers with their windows missing, seemed like the ruins of an ancient civilization, left neglected, forgotten. It was impossible to believe that mere hours ago, this was the golden school you studied in, filled with hundreds of students. Hundreds of kids.

The enemy soldiers didn't move from their position around the Crystal, far off in Sideris. They only continued fortifying their position. Unfolding transportable barricades and digging deep trenches, some 500 meters away from the Crystal. It was difficult to tell from the monitor, as the camera was positioned too far away, but you got the feeling the human soldiers were doing most of the heavy lifting and labor, while their Eishi counterparts simply manned the defensive positions and watched, scanning for enemies.

Christabel wrote:Christabel waved at one of the skeletons, and then wandered off away from the rest of the group at the academy, looking for the kitchen they had practiced summoning in.

"Chris!" Lily called in a hushed whisper, stopping in her tracks while the rest of the party went on "Chris, where are you going!" She whispered persistently again. "We have to stick together!"

Looking around, she suddenly found herself left behind and largely unnoticed by the main group, cursed, then gripped her Vector more tightly and ran after the girl, trying to catch up to her.

Buzzy wrote:"I told you she was probably alive!" Her voice just barely pierces her gas mask,

"Of course, how could I've been so stupid." Vasily cursed myself "Just because the chain of command algorithm selected Yui, doesn't mean everyone ranked above her is dead. Not necessarily.
If someone is critically wounded, they're in no condition to issue commands, so the algorithm skips them."

The boy looked at you, his full faced gas-mask making him seem more rigid and intimidating than he actually was:
"It means there could be other survivors."

"Yeah..." Braxton grimly mumbled under his nose "Critically wounded survivors..." he sent a hand through his hair, but only ended up brushing it over his helmet "Oh man... even if we find them... there's nothing we can do... the Mana Crystal-"

"Don't say it." Harvie morbidly stopped him mid sentence.

"...how did she even survive?" Braxton horribly winced, noticing the extend of Polly's injuries

"Someone could have got lucky..... like us." Vasily morbidly said "Someone could have been in the basement levels... someone could have been close to a Shield Pentagram... or some magical ward... it didn't save them but... it stopped them from instantly dying at least..."

"Yeah... for another hour-" Braxton quietly mumbled and flinched, as Harvie elbowed him in the ribs.

Julie wrote:"OH NO!" Julie cries out, and rushes to her, making sure not to touch the stuff directly.

"Get me something to wash this filth off her! Bring her to a shower, if they work!"

"On it." Vasily darted away down the corridor. You think he was heading toward the dormitory bathroom section.

Malcolm wrote:Malcolm turned to the group. "If you have racial magic, get rid of most of the stuff from Polly's skin! Someone else find water to cleanse her with, pronto!"

"I..." Braxton helplessly looked at the injured woman, as his horn briefly lit up with a purple glow that soon faded:

"...I can barely conjure a fireball... how am I supposed to mend tissues on a cellular level?" he helplessly covered his eyes "I'm fucking useless... stupid... I should've... studied harder-" he audibly winced, his palms collecting into fists. "How could I let myself become... this?"

"God... Polly, no!" Yui collapsed on her knees before the Eishi, stretching her arms toward her and stopping just short, afraid that her friend might crumble to ash at the slightest disturbance, afraid to inflicting any more damage to her acid torn flesh by accident:

"P-Polly..." Yui collapsed on all fours. Gone was the stoic and calculating girl, Yui was inconsolably sobbing.

The Eishi's eyelids fluttered and she looked at Yui, struggling to put her into focus:

"Yu..." Polly whispered, her voice barely audible and she broke into a feeble, pitiful cough, as pieces of the red substance, mixed with dissolved lung tissue were expelled from her mouth. A few drops of blood flew out, staining your gas mask.

"What the hell happened Polly!?" Harvie screamed out subconsciously, without even realizing the words left his mouth.

The Eishi sobbed, in pain, visibly struggling to speak, the effort taking all of her energy. Her lips moved, you had to read them to understand her:

"There was... a military... coup... on my homeworld... the Shoguns are dead-" she inhaled, sharply and hungrily, and blood from her mouth flooded into her lungs, making her break into another pitiful, eerie coughing fit, spraying mists of blood out of her mouth:

"...a radical faction took over... they think-" she closed her eyes shut, silently sobbing from pain, as she continued to speak "humanity is too weak to stand as our equals!... they.. think... you're better suited as slaves-..."

Her eyes flutter open, weakly. She looks at you, scared, in pain, desperate. For a split second, you read something else in her tear filled eyes. Hope.

"D-don't...... let.. the..... Penta-gram.... a-...activate.."

"Do you know what it does?!" Harvie called desperately, falling on one knee next to her.

Polly locked eyes with him, her gaze reflecting indescribable pain, fear and desperation. She nodded.

"How do we- POLLY!!!" Yui shrieked in hysteria as the Eishi screamed, weakly and horribly, her wretched, gut wrenching voice became etched firmly into your memory, as her face distorted in horror, and her legs began breaking down into ash, disintegrating her feet and moving up to her ankles and knees.

Yui turned around, like a feverish woman possessed. Her wild eyes locked onto an artifact exhibition on the table nearby. She sprang toward it so fast you barely saw her move.

The security terminal on the side of the glassed case barely managed to authenticate her DNA, before she violently smashed the casing, tore off some sort of pendant from the display and directed it at Polly, screaming in desperation.

Polly shrieked even harder, as if whatever the artifact was doing to her, somehow, impossibly caused her even more pain. And then you saw it. A blue colored crystal firmly held in Yui's palm, fashioned to look like a pendant or necklace, it was shining bright blue and extending some sort of blue haze toward Polly. And as the Eishi screamed harder, Polly's entire body was lifted off into the air and sucked into the pendant, in the span of 3 seconds.

The wind raised by the process ruffled your hair and settled down slowly. The screaming has ceased. But the pendant retained its phantom blue glow, pulsating slowly and evenly, reminding you of a heart beat.

"Yui... what did you do?" Vasily asked hollowly, stepping back into the Forbidden Section with a charred bucket of water, staring as the girl cradled the pendant and pressed it against her chest, quietly sobbing.

"...is that... an Eishi Seal?" Vasily continued, his voice growing scared "...did you lock Polly inside it?"

"A Seal places the Eishi in a sort of stasis," Harvie quietly said "...suspended animation... it could keep her alive, for a time, but, Yui..." he shook his head slowly, pity ringing in his voice:

"You can't-... I mean... she was dying when you Sealed her-..." his hands dropped, as if he was searching for the right words and failing to find them "...Yui..." he finally said, a little more sternly:
"We are going to die. You can't... save her... there's no one who-"

"I want her beside me." Yui quietly sobbed, cradling and pressing the weakly pulsating pendant to her chest "I'm scared, Vas... I don't want to let go... not yet.....n-... not yet. I'm not ready to say goodbye yet." The girl broke down completely, sinking onto her knees and inconsolably crying, pressing the pendant against her cheek.

191Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Sat 30 Dec - 17:08

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:
Ebenezer wrote:"We will tell others what happened here" Ebenezer called back to Yui and the others, taking one final glance at the party headed towards the academy, before following Denis south.

"Good luck."

Yui turned around and looked at you for a moment. Her body language was rigid and face expression hidden under her fox-mask, that looked especially eerie under the artificial night, but her voice came out unexpectedly soft, even tearful, when it echoed inside your earpiece, too quiet to be picked up anywhere else:

"...Thank you."

The girl remained standing in place for another moment, before she broke into the sprint to the castle.

Ebenezer began to slowly make his way south across the desolate wasteland, keeping an eye out for the tourist lodge Yui had mentioned to him. He passed the time in silence, not feeling very talkative.

Kaylee Brown wrote:
Gladwin wrote:Back in the control room, Gladwin had set himself up in front of the computer monitors, and was watching the various screens intently, tracking the party's progress as they made their way back to the academy.

There wasn't much activity going on in the monitors, displaying the path to Kryugers Academy. Everything seemed eerily still, gray, and dead. Glassed farmlands, their fields reminding you more of the frozen waves of the ocean. The gray, cracked castle towers with their windows missing, seemed like the ruins of an ancient civilization, left neglected, forgotten. It was impossible to believe that mere hours ago, this was the golden school you studied in, filled with hundreds of students. Hundreds of kids.

The enemy soldiers didn't move from their position around the Crystal, far off in Sideris. They only continued fortifying their position. Unfolding transportable barricades and digging deep trenches, some 500 meters away from the Crystal. It was difficult to tell from the monitor, as the camera was positioned too far away, but you got the feeling the human soldiers were doing most of the heavy lifting and labor, while their Eishi counterparts simply manned the defensive positions and watched, scanning for enemies.

"They're setting up barricades and digging trenches, but so far they haven't moved out any further" Gladwin reported over the radio.

Kaylee Brown wrote:
Christabel wrote:Christabel waved at one of the skeletons, and then wandered off away from the rest of the group at the academy, looking for the kitchen they had practiced summoning in.

"Chris!" Lily called in a hushed whisper, stopping in her tracks while the rest of the party went on "Chris, where are you going!" She whispered persistently again. "We have to stick together!"

Looking around, she suddenly found herself left behind and largely unnoticed by the main group, cursed, then gripped her Vector more tightly and ran after the girl, trying to catch up to her.

Upon reaching what remained of the kitchen, Christabel went back to her spot, the tight gap between a cabinet and the wall, and squeezed back in.

192Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Sun 31 Dec - 6:05

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Buzzy steps back as Yui takes action. Her eyes widen in horror as she witnesses what Yui does, "Yui!-" her voice rings out in offense before Polly slips into the crystal. Buzzy finds herself speechless for a long moment and as Harvie tries to tiptoe around the issue, Buzzy does not, "You put her in stasis half way through death Yui! She was half ash!" she says as if she couldn't believe what she had just witnessed, "Grrruh..." she growls in frustration. "I cannot think of a fate more cruel!" Her fingers pinch the bridge of her gas mask.

"But-... Buuuut..." she begins talking herself down, "I dont know as much as you guys do about these subjects.... I'm trusting that you made the right decision here..." she says with a faint scowl for a moment, "I just hope you didn't just do something woefully irreversible."

193Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Mon 1 Jan - 0:10

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 21c00a4688c392f267f4d9a3cfa7b12f

//Hey everyone, its that time of the year again, when we can look back and appreciate all the
different things we've been through, the good, the bad and the funny.
For me, this holiday most of all, is about family coming together, where we have at least one
day where we cook together, decorate our home together and share an amazing meal, while
watching a comedy film about new years or Christmas, and reflect back on all the shenanigans
we've been up to, during the past year, while making promises and wishes for the next one.

So I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you guys, once again, for another amazing year
together. I say it every year but my life really would be very different, if I'd never met you guys
and there would probably be a gaping hole in my soul because of it. I'm so glad I met you,
and I wanted to thank you for being you.

This year, we finally, FINALLY, finished the Witcher rp, it was a wild ride, took us 5 years XD
And now we're on the doorstep of the next one. No matter how hard these rp's are, I always wanted
to portray one core message in them, and that's to never give up, on whatever goal you set
for yourself, that good things can still be found, in the most troubling times, and if we can
make another person laugh along the way, that might be the greatest victory.

So here's to another crazy year together, one full of laughter and shenanigens, April fool jokes
and old memes. You guys are amazing and I wish you health, success and most of all, many causes
to laugh and smile.

Happy New Year! =D

Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 658dc3bb8b909.image

194Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Tue 2 Jan - 7:54

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Christabel wrote:Upon reaching what remained of the kitchen, Christabel went back to her spot, the tight gap between a cabinet and the wall, and squeezed back in.

Upon reaching the kitchen and finally realizing your intent, Lily's expression sank. The girl lowered her gaze and sighed, slowly flopping onto a chair by the table. For a moment, she just sat there, absentmindedly moving her finger across the layer of ash on the table, drawing formless shapes with an empty expression.

"...you know... I had hopes for the future... my own dreams... things I wanted to do when I grew up. They're not going to come true anymore."

She stopped moving her finger across the ash and closer her eyes, trying to fight back the tears that slowly welled in her eyes:

"I won't have a chance to become an Architect... or develop technologies that could benefit humanity for generations," her fist clenched, expression tensed: "But...

I can still do one thing..." she quietly suppressed a sob, as a tear rolled down her cheek:

"I want there to be proof... of my existence... I want the world to know, that there was a girl named Lily... and she lived once." the girl smiled, even as tears began flooding down her cheeks. She smiled brightly and beautifully:

"...and if we sacrifice our lives, so that 5 billion people can live... well... there's no greater proof out there." she looked at you and blinked the tears away, smiling:

"Their existence... will be proof that we lived." She nodded with a smile and sighed, determination once again flooding over her face:

"Okay... I'm gonna go help the others now... wouldn't do to get left behind while everyone travels to Boreas." She wiped her eyes and smiled again "I can't choose for you. Only you can."

She sighed and flung herself off the chair with a wide jump: "Okay.... I'm off." with her shoulders stiff, she turned back, forcing herself to smile one more time and waved to you, before running off down the hallway.

Inside the Forbidden Hallway, Yui began crying even more bitterly and inconsolably. She was a complete wreck, as if all the feelings she kept bottled up since the start of this crisis had come spilling out, all at once, and she could no longer stop it, or didn't want to. Vasya silently sat beside her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You surmised correctly" Braxton quietly said, briefly glancing at Buzzy "An Eishi Seal is like a portable prison. She can't die.. so long as she's in it... or, rather-" he grimaced, lowering his voice so Yui couldn't hear:

"She's dying much slower. All of her metabolism is slowed down to a crawl.

Eishi can be released from their Seal, but if Polly's released, she'll die." The boy tried to rub the bridge of his nose, but his fingers only brushed up against his helmets visor:

"Its not gonna matter in an hour. Just... leave her be." The Braxton sighed.

"Yui?" Vasya called gently, slowly patting Yui on the back "Yui... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry but..." He closed his eyes, trying to brace himself and gather the strength to say the next words:

"We have to... keep going... you're the only one who trained to use a summoning staff of that caliber. We need you... to open the portal, okay?" he said, bracing himself and mournfully watching as Yui sobbed on the floor: "Polly can stay with you... but we need you."

Slowly, with clumsy and sluggish movements, Yui tried wiping her face, even as fresh tears came pouring down. Hanging the blue necklace down from her neck, the girl slowly got up, wobbling in place and almost tripping, as Vasily steadied her, then she slowly walked to the end of the hallway, where a beautifully decorated glass casing stood, on a large pedestal.

The Staff that rested within, was unique, gilded, with real gems covering its surface, its top fashioned to look as a dragons head. Beautiful, yet filled with razor sharp edges that could cut the user easily. A sign of metal was built into the wall, just above it. It read:

I, who plans to use this staff,
Understand the gravity of my power,
Thus vow, to sacrifice my life for humanity,
From this moment, until the end of time.

The green light on the terminal winked green, as Yui placed her palm on the glass casing, removing a staggering number of wards, all invisible and equally deadly. Still quietly sobbing, the girl lifted the staff gingerly out of the case, the gems on its casing starting to glow in response.

Twirling in place several times, Yui whispered the words of incantation, on a language you never heard before, the staff beginning to dance in her hands, tracing wide graceful shapes in the air, the glowing gems leaving long afterimages in the air that lingered long after the staff had passed there.

Over and over, Yui traced difficult, graceful shapes in the air, so complex and quick, they were near impossibly to remember. Her words, whatever she said, rhymed beautifully, even if you didn't know the language, and with a final verse, Yui pointed the staff at the end of the hall and a gust of energy shot out of it, exploding over the glass case.

A gust of wind rushed by, freezing and cold, biting your skin and making you horribly shiver and shield your eyes briefly. Once you opened them again, you saw a few sparkling snowflakes lazily drift by and settle gently onto your arms, their crystals sparkling with every color of the rainbow.

And at the end of the hallway, a 2 meter tall portal glowed. It reminded you of an elliptical disk, stretched up toward the ceiling and colored fully blue. You couldn't see anything beyond its surface, but a cold wind blew out from within, filling the hallway with a strong chill. The temperature dropped by a dozen degrees and you could see clouds of your breath, as more and more snowflakes passed through, lazily flying across the hallway and settling onto your clothing and hair, just as Lily appeared behind the corner behind you.

"...the Portal will only remain open for a minute or two..." Yui quietly said, making sure to face the blue disk so her face couldn't be seen "...you should hurry, if you don't want to be left behind."

The girl said and stepped through the portal, the staff still grasped in her hand, and vanished from sight, dissolving in the blue disk.

195Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Tue 2 Jan - 9:43

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

As Braxton describes what had just happened, and her greatest fear basically confirmed. Buzzy bites her lip, fury passes through her eyes a moment before she turns to Braxton, her face twisted in a mix of emotions, but mostly a bitter disgust, "Thats. Not. Right." Her discomfort clearly visible, "A brand new wound now i'll be reopening later..."

Buzzy bites her tongue for the time being as she follows Yui down the hall. She crosses her arms and shifts uncomfortably, her mind too caught on dying in stasis for an hour to enjoy the display.

Buzzy looks into the portal a moment. The cold giving her more hesitation then actually passing through, "...Anything to get away from here..." you hear her mumble before crossing the portal.

196Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Tue 2 Jan - 11:24

Gamma and Epsilon

Gamma and Epsilon

Megan toggles off the saftey of her TAR-21 and steps through the portal without a word.

197Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Tue 2 Jan - 12:37

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

After a few moments, Christabel appeared behind Lily from the same direction she came from.

"Good luck, guys" Gladwin said over the radio, as he watched them over the security system all enter the portal one by one.

198Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Tue 2 Jan - 18:21

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"It's for the best of Polly though." Desiree says solemly. "At least now, when released, she can be given one last moment of peace, or reassurance... So she dies with less regret..."

"If only we were there sooner." Julie says. "Then someone could put her in stasis earlier, and heal her when released... Or bond with her, removing the physical body..."

Malcolm, however, was quiet. He quickly marched to Yui, determined to act on something.

199Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Thu 4 Jan - 22:09

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"..I don't think Polly's in pain anymore." Brax heavily sighed as he shuffled up to the portal beside Buzzy "Being in stasis, I don't think she feels much of anything anymore... its like..." he though a moment "being in a state of deep sleep, while being very vaguely aware of your surroundings."

He sighed "Yui was the closest to Polly.. she probably knew best what Polly would've wanted... I hope she respected her wishes." Braxton said, beginning to gaze firmly at the portal, before he finally stepped through and vanished, behind its uniform blue layer.

"Its no use thinking about it. She's with us now." Vasya quietly said, briefly glancing to Julie "She wasn't just a teacher, she was a soldier first." he deeply sighed "If I was in her shoes, I'd... probably want to see things through, to the end... you know? But.." he looked down "I didn't really know her that well.." he said and stepped through the portal.

"Time runs differently in Boreas... heh.. you won't even notice us gone." Harvie quietly said over the earpiece to Gladwin, then released an uneasy smirk "...see you in a few seconds mate." He waited behind, making sure he was the last one to enter, and a split second after he did, the portal shrunk behind him and vanished with a quiet pop.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A moment of vertigo, like standing inside an express elevator that started a rapid descent. If the elevator was a featureless void of blue, with no floor, walls or ceiling. You thought you saw something moving past you, blurry images, poorly understood. Distant suns, planets and galaxies whisked by so fast, you weren't sure you saw them to begin with.

Another moment passed, your breath caught in your lungs for a moment and you realized you were holding your breath. The very next second - cold.

A wave of freezing wind lashed at your hazmat suit so suddenly, it almost knocked you off your feet. You nearly lost balance and realized, you had something to balance on. A snowdrift, knee high. The snowflakes rushed at you so feverishly, sticking onto your visor, you could barely see where you were.

You landed inside a massive snow storm. The white clouds hung low over the ground, periodically releasing a lightning strike, somewhere deep in their covers. The visibility was practically zero, as snow fell hard and fast. You couldn't see any further than 10 meters away. Your hazmat suit did very little to protect you from the elements and your teeth began clattering almost immediately.

As the rest of the class piled out of the closing portal, falling into the snow, you looked around and noticed a structure above you. A massive Japanese styled Torii Gate, standing on a stone clearing. Strong red wood and a black top, it stood like a giant above you, unshakable and unmovable by the storm. It seems you have practically emerged right out of it, a literal gate from another world.

Tow rows of Japanese Dai-doro platform lanterns paved a way from the shrine and into the snow somewhere, although no light emerged from them, the storm silencing their flames long ago. Strange trinkets and talismans hung from them, clanking and clattering in the storm, as the wind picked them up and flung them over the lanterns over and over.

"...where's the Warden?" Vasily called loudly, trying to be heard over the wind "...someone should've been waiting here to greet the arrivals!"

"She must have taken shelter in the settlement!" Yui called back, squinting into the storm.

As Malcolm began marching toward her, the girl suddenly leaped a good meter away from him, spinning to face him and jealously clutching her blue pendant with one hand, while raising the other in a martial-art combat stance:

"Stay away from me Malcolm! You try approaching me from my blind-side again, you'll be sorry!" the girl angrily screamed. Even through her hazmat visor and fox mask, you could see her eyes starting to glow. They weren't glowing a few moments ago, you were sure.

"Dare-ka imasu ka?" The wind carried to you the echo of a voice from the storm. Squinting into the veil of white, you thought you saw an orange light of a lantern, swaying in the wind, as a lone silhouette slowly approached, struggling its way through the snowdrifts.

"...Soko ni iru no wa.. dare-desuka?" the voice called again, this time closer, an Yui gasped, her glowing eyes slightly widening. Her body became stiff, she seemingly frozen in place, as the swaying lantern approached closer and closer, until the silhouette finally took shape and its ghostly glow appeared clearly in your vision.

Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Witche17

"KAZ!" Yui yelled desperately and rushed at the Eishi so fast, she basically collided with her, almost knocking the woman off her feet. The Eishi stood completely dumb struck and confused for several moments, until she looked down and realized Yui had locked her in a very tight hug, burring her face in the Eishi's belly.

The woman spread in a warm smile "...who's this at my Portal I see?" she said lovingly, hugging Yui as gently as she could "Is that Yui-chan I spy, with my little eye?" the Eishi giggled, kindheartedly, placing a hand on Yui's hair, smiling:

"...you're not trespassing without your professors permission again are you, little one?" the Eishi giggled again "I promise I won't tell anyone, but it might cause you trouble if-.... Yui?" the woman cut herself off and looked with concern at the girl, who remained with her face buried in the Eishi's stomach, holding her in a tight hug.

"...Yui?..." the woman asked with concern, gently stroking the girls hair "..are you crying?"
She released a gentle smile and knelt down, locking Yui in a very tight embrace, gently patting her on the back and stroking her hair, as Yui's body was periodically rocked with silent tears:
"Shhhh.... its okay.... its going to be okay..." the Eishi lovingly said, humming a quiet and soothing tune.

After a few moments, Yui had calmed down and slowly stepped back, removing her fox mask and her visor, so her face could be clearly seen. Her eyes were puffy and red, but she was smiling, like you haven't seen in a long time.

"I'm sorry, that was unbecoming of me," Yui released a small giggle and wiped a tear from her eye, as she continued to smile "such familiarity would be frowned upon, by tradition, especially in a sacred place like this."

"I promise I won't tell anyone." The Eishi giggled and winked.

"Everyone," Yui turned to you, beaming, even as streaks of tears still glittered on her cheeks and extended her hand toward the Eishi:
"This is Lady Kaznachey, the Warden of Boreas."

"Hello everyone." Kaznachey kindheartedly smiled and gave a traditional bow "It is my honor to host you in my domain." Her eyes slowly shifted between you, studying your features, your hazmat suits. For some reason, you caught the feeling she could see right through your visor and see your face clearly. Her eyes finally settled on your firearms and her expression slowly changed to concern:

"Ehh... if I may... overstep my boundaries..." she bowed in apology again "...may I inquire as to the nature of your visit? There were no scheduled visitations for this cycle and the honored Dean of the Academy hasn't made an appearance with you..." her eyes fell to your firearms once again and she asked, with visible hesitation:

"...is... everything alright?" her kind eyes seemed genuinely worried.

200Enduring Cherry Blossom - Page 8 Empty Re: Enduring Cherry Blossom Thu 4 Jan - 23:06

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"I wasn't going to attack you, jumpy." Malcolm replies to the sudden act of self defense. "It was to talk. Make sure you weren't closing off. I know I'm the last person you want to see, but no one else seemed to have stepped up to the plate to talk about it." He frowned a bit upon seeing the glow from her eyes, but before he could answer, someone arrived at the scene.

His frown didn't disappear when the new figure arrived. In fact, it stayed in place. "Not exactly, no."

Julie stepped forward to her, taking off her helmet to show her smiling face. "Hey there, ignore this costume for a second. Lady Kaznachey, thank you for having us. You're looking great, if there's time I would love to style your hair. But you see... Things have gone to hell on our world. A rogue faction annihilated the entire Kryuger base, and is preparing a spell that will pretty much devastate the world. And we're not enough to deal with it."

"She's right..." Desiree answers. "We need to get power, quickly..." While she says that, her nervousness is apparent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum