The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hyuugan Mash - A Nightmare Night Story

+3
Dan One
Silent Mist/Moon Dusts
Derpy/V'tara
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 17]

Dan One

Dan One

"That whole event was exactly why I've been avoiding Adelheid like the plague," Omega chuckles, "It's nowhere near as glamorous, but I've taken up blacksmithing again. Probably just feeling nostalgic for the days of old adventuring"

Ornstein moves so he's sitting on her shoulder now, Sand's voice becomes more passionate now "The ideal historian should also be one with a fierce determination and drive! They should pour their heart and soul into learning from the past so the future can be a safer place. Keeping the future in mind and where we are headed should be half of a historians job, and the other half is learning from the past.

Every mistake we make as a world is because either no one looked back, or they did and ignored what they found. But not just looking at mistakes, victories are just as important. A historian should also be the one to record the present so that years from now when future generations, people like you Zoy, can look back at my generation's mistakes and masteries and learn."

Sand turns her attention to Kaylee for a moment "Who now?"

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Submarine Simulator)

"Woaaah!" Zoy called in a tiny voice. She seems to be shining with excitement.

"Oh! That's right, you haven't met them yet" Kaylee said: "A pair of close friends we made in Adelheid" she smiled.

"Alright, I'm booting up the next level for you" Ash said, taking a seat next to the sphere.

Kaylee began strapping a seat belt in the sphere in the meantime. A moment later the TV screen blinked on and a giant colossus came into view.

"WHAT IS THIS ROBLOX MAN!!!" Kaylee immediately shouted and burst into uncontrollable laughter.

"Its Slavegear" Ash said, shrugging with a smile.

"IT LOOKS LIKE A ROBLOX MAN!!!" Kaylee is suffocating from laughter.

"Okay, well, pretend its the Slavegear" Ash said, looking at the TV.

On the screen, you see a giant gray Roblox man, standing knee deep in the water and trying to very slowly hurl a building at the submarine.

"Maaan, I can't handle this" Kaylee said, smirking, before turning in her seat and looking at everyone:

"I think we had enough fun in here for one day. You guys want to head for the concert hall? The whole event should be starting soon and we can help out with decorations"

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The Restaurant)

"That sounds kinda cool" Johan said, thinking: "Blacksmithing.

Its a shame about Adelheid though, it was a beautiful city" he seems to be a little sad.

In the distance, Harlequin still appears to be patiently waiting and occasionally looking at Twilight.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"Why are we fighting slave gear in the ocean? Unless we are armed with nukes im pretty sure we lose every time. That or be a battleship armed with railguns." Megan looks at her radar flipping a few switches, "kaylee bring us down abouttt..." she looks at a small screen off to the side, "35 meters below ther surface and keep east."

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

The purple pony took note of the figure waiting for her, then silently excused herself. She walked away to Harlequinn, looking serious.

Angelo nodded. "It was the price for peace, in a sense. A tragic price, but one nonetheless."

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Submarine Simulator)

"Roger that" Kaylee said, her hands dancing over the control panel. On the big TV screen, the Roblox Slavegear threw a piece of a building in the submarines general direction and missed horribly.

"Okay, let me read you the mission briefing" Ash called, looking over the folder: "A Slavegear has landed next to your port and is standing knee deep in the ocean. You are the only naval vessel in the area.
Move in to challenge Slavegear and fire torpedos on its knee caps to incapacitate it.

There is also a battalion of ground based artillery, waiting for your orders on standby. Coordinate their attacks and use their fire support to incapacitate Slavegear"

"Yaaaaay, ground based artilleryyyy..." Kaylee called without much emotion: "Inputting Slavegear coordinates, requesting fire support..."

A few moments pass and a volley of artillery shells landed in the ocean, missing the Slavegear by half a kilometer.

"Aaaand they miss" Kaylee shook her head, seemingly expecting the result.

The Roblox Slavegear lifted a hangar and very slowly tossed it at the submarine. Kaylee feebly moved one of the switches and the submarine moved out of dodge with seemingly no real effort.

"Look at this slowgear..." Kaylee called, shaking her head: "What's it gonna do to me? Can't even catch me.....
Look at its face! Its making a sad face cos it missed!" she started laughing:
"I'M GONNA GEEEET YOOOOOOUUUUUUUU --- AAAAAWWWWwww MAAAAaaannnn"

"Are you voicing the Slavegear?" Ashley called, giggling: "Are you voice acting the Slavegear?"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIAAAAAIIAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH!!!" Kaylee is screaming at the top of her lungs at this point, mimicing the possible sounds the Slavegear could be making, as it slowly picked up another hangar to toss.

Ashley is pretending like she doesn't know Kaylee at this point.

Kaylee is laughing to herself, in between her outbursts: "Megan could you coordinate the ground based artillery for me?"

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The Restaurant)

Harlequin nodded:
"Twilight, hello. I wished to speak with you, about something important in private. Is that okay?" she quietly asked.

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

She nodded in response, acknowledging the request.

"Yes. Let's go to my cabin, I'll lock the door and tell Angelo to stay out."

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"Loud and clear." She clears her throat and hits a few buttons, cords imput... opening fire. Lets close in and take our bat to this fools kneecaps." Her voice changes to that of a mob boss, "Ehhh this big bot owes us money... break his legs... he'll learn to not cross the union again yea?"

Rain crosses her arms and watches the screen quitely.

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Moon smiled and waved at Johan, but didn’t say anything as she was currently holding a pen in her mouth and counting something with her other hand. Quickly, her hand pushed back a thick strand of deep purple hair from her face and set it behind her ear. Moon seemed partially engaged in her writing, and yet partially paying attention to her surroundings.

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Rain_Runner wrote:"Loud and clear." She clears her throat and hits a few buttons, cords imput... opening fire. Lets close in and take our bat to this fools kneecaps." Her voice changes to that of a mob boss, "Ehhh this big bot owes us money... break his legs... he'll learn to not cross the union again yea?"

Rain crosses her arms and watches the screen quitely.

"This does seem to trivialise the entire Slavegear incident somewhat, no?" Rogue queries.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Submarine Simulator)

Kaylee became more quiet and wistfully looked at the robot:

"...its true that we're trying to poke fun at this thing, but.. its just a coping mechanism, because we're trying not to think of reality.

The truth is, Slavegear was a very powerful weapon. Even if you strip down all its weapons of mass destruction and make it shorter by half, its still a formidable weapon, that revolutionized warfare.
Tanks, armored vehicles, helicopters, they become obsolete in comparison.

While we destroyed it and all of its blueprints, it would be naive to think nobody tried to reverse engineer it somehow, or even managed to secretly copy those blueprints, right under our noses.

The world is constantly changing. Political power shifts, almost daily.

The difficult truth is that, one day, we may face a Slavegear again.. or its 'descendant'.
Its important to prepare for that, even if the scenario seems unlikely..

That's why.. this simulation.." Kaylee quietly said, looking at the monitor.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The Restaurant)

Johan seems like he wants to initiate conversation with Moon, but doesn't want to disturb her. He kinda shuffles his feet, standing in place.

Harlequin nodded: "Thank you. Please, lead the way"

She quietly followed Twilight, until the two reached the cabin. Harlequin slightly looked around and sat in the nearby chair. Judging by her expression, she seems to be thinking about a hundred things at once. A deep shadow of concern reflecting over her face. She never really learned how to hide her emotions without her mask:

"..thank you for your time" She finally said, looking at Twilight:

"I wished to speak with you, about Tomas...... what is your opinion of him?.."

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

“You can come over here Johan. I’ve been working on this thing for about 142 years, give or take a decade or so. Hard to keep track really, never know wether to count the points where I’ve been dead or not.” Moon said, the last sentence turning to quiet mumbles as she scribbled over something in irritation. Her fingers twitched, and she hurriedly seemed to fumble around her pockets until she produced a flask. And seemed even more irate when said flask was empty.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Megan clears her throat, "sending a payload..." she holds a joystick and launches a torpedo.

Fire looks to moon, "you do understand that this is a party right? Plenty of alchohol around?" She raises a brow to the vampire lady.

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Submarine Simulator)

Kaylee became more quiet and wistfully looked at the robot:

"...its true that we're trying to poke fun at this thing, but.. its just a coping mechanism, because we're trying not to think of reality.

The truth is, Slavegear was a very powerful weapon. Even if you strip down all its weapons of mass destruction and make it shorter by half, its still a formidable weapon, that revolutionized warfare.
Tanks, armored vehicles, helicopters, they become obsolete in comparison.

While we destroyed it and all of its blueprints, it would be naive to think nobody tried to reverse engineer it somehow, or even managed to secretly copy those blueprints, right under our noses.

The world is constantly changing. Political power shifts, almost daily.

The difficult truth is that, one day, we may face a Slavegear again.. or its 'descendant'.
Its important to prepare for that, even if the scenario seems unlikely..

That's why.. this simulation.." Kaylee quietly said, looking at the monitor.

"I understand the need for the simulations, we could hardly run live-fire exercises with Slavegears" Rogue says "We just need to remember to pay a little respect to the untold numbers of people for who it was the last thing they ever saw."

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

When the question is popped, Twilight's expression becomes solemn. She seems to be in thought, not sure what to say and to keep facts from fiction. While the lack of a last name should raise a question of "who? ", she knew exactly who Harlequin meant with that first name.

"Tomas..." She slowly started.

"I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him in person, yet. The prison he is in won't let me in so easily, and the precautions to take are too bothersome. The most I heard of him was through Oboro, who does speak highly of him. But I don't have that personal connection yet."

She looks through the window, to collect her thoughts. Then she faces Harlequinn again. "What I can tell, is that Tomas does have a similiar mindset as his father, Marek. Marek is a man I detested from the core, and that he just got imprisonment is something I can't really agree with."
The squeeze that Twilight gives her own arm was quite firm, but it loosens as she begins her next sentence.

"Despite that, I command both for their ability to pull off the plans they have, plus their ability to lead. If neither of those were there, I doubt they could've done any of the things they've done. Both seem to be excellent strategists, a trait I wish to see in more people. My problem with Marek is that he used me as a pawn and made me kill countless innocents. Despite the stories I heard of Marek and how much I can sympathize with his thought pattern, I can never forgive him, because I can never forgive myself for these deaths."

She takes on a more neutral pose. "Tomas is another story. His acts did involve me, but it was my own fault for going there in the first place. And his plan was more a group effort, along with being much less intentionally harmful for our existence. It was a well-made plan they had, I'm thankful they dared to pull it off."

She rubs her chin. "So I guess I'm overall positive of the man. From what I've seen he's a man with a kind heart and a keen mind, both commendable qualities in their own right. His morality is also still intact, not being broken by all the trauma in his life, also very commendable."

She then gave a small smile to her conversation partner. "What about you though? I did hear you had an interest in hiring him as well."

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Submarine Simulator)

"..I.. really went overboard there.. didn't I.." Kaylee quietly said, turning away so her face couldn't be seen:

"I'm sorry..

T-the truth is.. not a day goes by, when I don't remember the events of that day. Its... painful, to think about.. to remember...
Hearing their voices.. seeing their pain... all the people that died, while I was mind controlled.

...my therapist said that.. a way to alleviate these feelings, was to experience the event, over and over again, in a less stressful environment, .. to slowly dull myself to the pain... so it won't be associated with the feelings I had at the time...

They designed this mission.. as part of that treatment... that's why the Slavegear looks so unrealistic.

I just... lost myself... thinking too much about how I feel... thinking that, its better I put up a brave face and try to force myself to laugh and poke fun at the simulation, as a silly coping mechanism..

Because if I didn't laugh... I.. would start thinking about it and turn into a sobbing mess, and that wouldn't help anyone, would it"

She turned her head back, a sad smile and a trace of tears in her eyes:

"But I haven't considered how my words or actions here can affect others... it was selfish of me...

Forgive me"

She slowly opened the sphere and stepped out, slowly walked across the room and quietly disappeared behind the door.

The simulation continued to play out in the background, with an artillery strike barely missing the Slavegear, and a torpedo hitting it leg.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Twilight's Cabin)

Harlequin nodded: "Yes"

She sighed, seemingly trying to choose the right words:

"....Marek was... a criminal. His actions, shame me and my people.

He was a monster, created by the world, by its cruelty... perhaps the world was responsible for his creation, but it doesn't make his action okay.
While I know he wanted to help my people, the death of innocent lives is something I can never accept, no matter the cause.

I.. consider Marek a criminal... its important for me to say that" she sighed:

"Perhaps I should stop here. I do not wish to speak ill of the dead, for too long"

She sighed and looked at you: "... Tomas' actions in Adelheid were morally questionable, but he directly contributed to the exposure of the Digital Waltz.
Given the time frame and the limitations he had, perhaps he had no other options, but to do what he did.
If he didn't initiate his plan, the world would've been enslaved. Its people kidnapped and forced into prosthetic bodies, dancing on strings.

I do not wish to judge Tomas. His circumstance differs vastly from Marek. That's.. what I believe"

She sighed again, thinking: "...Tomas is a citizen of Nyx, that's why.. his well being is important to me.
Six months from now, he will be released from prison.

I wish to offer him a position in Nyx' military. I believe it would be best, for him and for Nyx, if he returned to his homeland and helped me safeguard our people.

But I will respect his wishes.

I understand you offered him a position as well, to serve as your royal retainer.
If you are serious on the matter, I need to know that Tomas' well being will be considered.

...Twilight... I will be blunt..." Harlequin blinked: "... do you really intend to treat his retainers job as his punishment? Forgive me for using such words, but his well being is important to me."

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The Restaurant)

"It.. seems very important to you.." Johan quietly said, coming closer: "..if I may ask, what is it? What are you working on?"

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

“The cure for the ultimate cure. A spell, potion or enchantment to break the curse of everlasting youth. Then I have to find the cure for vampirism, but one thing at a time.” Moon smirked and patted the seat beside her with a free hand, before quickly adding something else into her book.
“Sit down. I really should get someone more magically talented than me to take a look. But I’m not one for long winded explanations. How are you? The violin serving you well?”

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight took a moment to recollect herself. she then replied calmly.

"The one to offer the position to him was not me, it was Oboro. She thought he would be a fine candidate for that job, I believe. Or because he was the nearest person when she had room for such thoughts."

She shook her head. "But I would not do this as a punishment for his actions, or those of his father. He was suggested based on his merit, and his experience in combat, strategy and leadership would make him an excellent choice to be a right hand man or even a leader. While yes, if he accepts, he would be my subordinate, I would not treat him less over that. He would be a valued member of my staff, and perhaps in time a close friend."

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain watches Kaylee leave and frowns, she looks to the simulator and raises her brow and shrugs, she  approaches the orb and steps in closing the door behind her. She looks down at the controls and is instantly confused, "Ok... ehmmm..." she stops and puts on the headset, "this... says... uhh... sink..." she flips a couple of switches pretending to know what shes doing, hoping she didn't break the entire thing.

Megan smirks, "welp... the general if nyx is in the drivers seat of an underwater vestle... a country not surrounded by water and instead surounded by mountains." She chuckles, "dont break anything now Miss.Runner though im wholey confident in you're ability to not kill us."

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Submarine Simulator)

"..I.. really went overboard there.. didn't I.." Kaylee quietly said, turning away so her face couldn't be seen:

"I'm sorry..

T-the truth is.. not a day goes by, when I don't remember the events of that day. Its... painful, to think about.. to remember...
Hearing their voices.. seeing their pain... all the people that died, while I was mind controlled.

...my therapist said that.. a way to alleviate these feelings, was to experience the event, over and over again, in a less stressful environment, .. to slowly dull myself to the pain... so it won't be associated with the feelings I had at the time...

They designed this mission.. as part of that treatment... that's why the Slavegear looks so unrealistic.

I just... lost myself... thinking too much about how I feel... thinking that, its better I put up a brave face and try to force myself to laugh and poke fun at the simulation, as a silly coping mechanism..

Because if I didn't laugh... I.. would start thinking about it and turn into a sobbing mess, and that wouldn't help anyone, would it"

She turned her head back, a sad smile and a trace of tears in her eyes:

"But I haven't considered how my words or actions here can affect others... it was selfish of me...

Forgive me"

She slowly opened the sphere and stepped out, slowly walked across the room and quietly disappeared behind the door.

The simulation continued to play out in the background, with an artillery strike barely missing the Slavegear, and a torpedo hitting it leg.

Rogue sighs, before turning to Ash, "Should one of us go after her?"

Dan One

Dan One

"Well," Sand looks between the sphere and the door a couple times "I'm going to get ready for the concert. I better see you all there"

There is a hidden level of excitement in her voice that is barely being contained. With a spin on her heels, she turns and heads out the door and heads back to her room.

"Why not the Vampirism first?" Omega had sauntered over along with Johan

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum