The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2

+2
Some Sinner
Disgruntled purple
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 40]

476Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Thu 22 Nov - 14:09

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"I guess the odd shapes of the "areas of effect" from the towers make sense now, given that it corresponds with the landmass of Nifelheim." Twilight muses. "But don't be too hasty with putting ALL the blame on them, for all we know it's just a group that took their orders of protection a little too seriously. And be careful with that phone, you don't know how the locals will react and I don't know if there's an outlet for the charger here."

She began to ponder. "Hmmm, what if the shimmer started leaking through the portals, giving a slow, maddening effect because we can't look away anymore. If we knew more, it might also explain why the magic is gone."

477Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Thu 22 Nov - 15:00

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Disgruntled purple wrote:"I guess the odd shapes of the "areas of effect" from the towers make sense now, given that it corresponds with the landmass of Nifelheim." Twilight muses. "But don't be too hasty with putting ALL the blame on them, for all we know it's just a group that took their orders of protection a little too seriously. And be careful with that phone, you don't know how the locals will react and I don't know if there's an outlet for the charger here."

She began to ponder. "Hmmm, what if the shimmer started leaking through the portals, giving a slow, maddening effect because we can't look away anymore. If we knew more, it might also explain why the magic is gone."

"I thought of that, which is why I made sure my gauntlets' solar charger also had a USB port" Rogue replies to Twilight "And I won't be going around showing it to every Tom, Dick, and Harry we meet, i've just got it out to compare maps."

478Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Thu 22 Nov - 23:57

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Kaylee looked down: "I may be wrong, the map is too small to say for sure.
But the general area seems the same and its an odd coincidence that theres a hostile base in that general area"

Ursula wiped her forehead: "I can't believe that a single base could unleash such devastation upon our world. You're saying they do not represent your government?
Then where did they get the funding? The... the men, the gear, the metal spiders, the flying machines.

Who's paying for that? Who's training them?"

"That's the question" Kaylee frowned to herself: "..but... they're no friend of the Union"

"I'm afraid we have no means of communication with the Machine World" Ursula said:
"Apart from going there in person. But even that is impossible right now. The teleportation pillars are still being prepared for their final sequence. The Great Migration is still months away.

We remain completely cut off from your world. As we did for a millenia"

"Mmm.." Kaylee nodded, then noticed Rain striking a Revolver Ocelot pose and smirked:
"Should've named your parasite 'Shalashaska'."

At the mention of baby photos, Ursula began slightly blushing:
"M-moom, you d-dont have to show everyone my baby pictures.."

"Too late, already seen 'em" Kaylee smiled.

"Oh my god" Ursula hid her face behind her palms.
After a moment, she looked at Rain:
"Is... is my father really named Harle? Machine World names are so wierd.."

Squiggles emitted a quiet sigh: "I hope we whoop some monsters soon.. I'm getting hungryyy"

Ursula looked at Rogues phone again:
"...yeah... the affected areas do correspond with the landmass of Nifelheim"
She looked at Twilight: "Judging by these maps and the symptoms you described, I believe your people are being affected by the parasites influence from Nifelheim.

The parasites can project violent thoughts on a very great distance, especially if there's a horde of them.

The more numerous the parasites, the bigger area of influence they project. Perhaps that's why some pillars projected larger areas than others. It depends on their proximity to the Blast Lands.

Its just my theory though."

She looked at Rogue: "We built the fortified cities in a very specific pattern.
Each city is surrounded by a circle of Obelisks, they repel any parasire advances.

But, the cities themselves also create a giant circle, on a planetary scale. The plan was, that once the last city was constructed, it would create a giant parasite repelling circle. Everything inside would be a massive safe zone, completely free of the parasite menace.

And the outer Obelisks would be completely unbreachable. The parasites can't approach closer than 5 kilometers"

Ursula became grim:
"However... when the Machine World destroyed the city of Ashra, it destroyed its Obelisks too.

The planetary circle is broken. Even as we speak, the parasites are rushing inside, towards Lieselotte and all the inner laying settlements.

We can no longer hold our lands, not effectively. Our final instructions are to gradually evacuate every civilian, to the nearest fortified city, before the Great Migration begins."

Kaylee looked down: "So, you're saying... when the Machine World unleashed its attack, it didn't just destroy the city of Ashra. They crippled the entire Nifelheim defense network."

"Precisely" Ursula grimly replied: "And since it took us decades to establish it in the first place, you can see how some Witchers may be... upset.. about what happened at Ashra"

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

479Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Thu 22 Nov - 23:58

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

// Hey guys ^^ Kaylee landed in Netherlands and has internet ^^

480Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 23 Nov - 13:35

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"If you think baby pictures are bad, just wait until they start making subtle inquiries about when they can expect grandchildren..." Rogue jokingly warns Ursula.

481Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 23 Nov - 13:41

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"And again, the Union cannot stress enough how sorry and regretful we are about that attack" Rogue says "We tried everything in our power to prevent it, but it was a very complex political situation, and there was no real way of knowing how it would unfold."

482Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 23 Nov - 16:22

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

“With this whole ‘Great Migration’ thing, what do you plan to do once you’ve migrated? Once you’ve reached this place you plan on going to?” Mist asked quietly, peering at the map. “You got any sort of plan? Then again, plans do tend to go wrong.”

483Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 23 Nov - 17:26

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"Harle is not her name. It's what your mother uses to shorten Harlequin, the name your 'Father' listens to in casual conversation." Twilight clarifies.

She then looks at Rogue. "And don't apologise for a group you are no part of. You weren't on the boat with the leader. If we knew any of the information we know right now, I would've usurped him if he didn't listen. Alas, hindsight 20/20..." She then looks down with a hint of shame.

She then looked at the library. "I think I'm gonna study the Nifel language. I've already casted half of my magic today, plus I'm a liability in physical combat."

484Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 23 Nov - 21:04

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"No, but I was on a boat in the second fleet that eventually stopped the attack, using methods that verged on civil war. And in the state those crews had been worked up into, I doubt a change of leadership would've stopped the bombardment" Rogue replies to Twilight,

"Every moment we're here in Nifelheim, we're representing the people's and values of Earth and the Union. We have to apologise for what has happened in our name, because we're the first people that can. Every other encounter the Witchers have had with Earthlings has been through the Machine People, and they haven't exactly painted a very good picture of us either."

485Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 23 Nov - 22:17

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"Yes, because a mere apology will undo all the destruction and murder we have wrought." The reply was with a certain coldness and detachment. "Those apologies won't do any good, the damage wrought under my flag, the EQUESTRIAN flag, by that assault on Ashra has had too many severe consequenses for this world. Just as Nifelheim has caused much damage in our world with the build of their cities as a saving grace for them."

He looks at the group. "Let's put some facts on the table. There was a witcher in our world running around and killing people. That's wrong in many ways. But it was only here that we realized he was doing it to save us from Glysteria. One of those Glysteria we protected, with the consequence being it's free now. We were doing the wrong thing, but we believed it was the right thing until we learned of the full picture of that situation here."

Her eyes narrow. "We screwed up. Both individually and collectively. Empty apologies from a few strays won't mean anything if we then don't try to fix these mistakes. If you feel responsible, then get  to work on it already."

486Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 23 Nov - 22:58

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"Harlequin is actually a nickname that we just stuck with after the slavegear incident, Harlequin in her assassin codename, her name is actuallyyyy..." Rain pauses and blushes, "...This... isn't actually important to the topic." She clears her throat and adjusts her scarf.

"I was on the flagship. I dont believe we fired any rounds directly into the pillar. We just fired at the witchers." She frowns looking to Ursula, "At the time we thought it was a hostile takeover. You know... now that I think about it we should have taken that axis chicks betrayel as a sign that things weren't exactly right." She steps forward, "What happened; happened... not much we can do now." She looks to twilight, "I'll join you in studying the language." She nods.

487Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 23 Nov - 23:25

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Rogue wrote:"If you think baby pictures are bad, just wait until they start making subtle inquiries about when they can expect grandchildren..." Rogue jokingly warns Ursula.

"Oh me god staaaaahp" Ursula covered her face with both hands.

Mist wrote:“With this whole ‘Great Migration’ thing, what do you plan to do once you’ve migrated? Once you’ve reached this place you plan on going to?” Mist asked quietly, peering at the map. “You got any sort of plan?

"We will migrate back to the Machine World, the home of our ancestors" Ursula said with a heavy expression:
"Once we arrive, we only intend to do one thing.
Live.

But if the Machine folk will lash out against us, we will do what we must to survive. Our cities Will be defended"

Kaylee uneasily grimaced: "..Ursula, you know your cities are going to land right in the middle of some countries backyard. They may have conflicting emotions about your unexpected arrival"

"We will do what we must to survive!" Ursula said with force:
"The Machine folk exiled us! We are simply returning back to our homeland!
We will not strike first, but if we are attacked, the Machine folk will be sorry!"

Johan grimaced: "..the great migration is going to be a potential international incident, just waiting to happen."

Twilight wrote:"Harle is not her name. It's what your mother uses to shorten Harlequin, the name your 'Father' listens to in casual conversation." Twilight clarifies.
Rain wrote:"Harlequin is actually a nickname that we just stuck with after the slavegear incident, Harlequin in her assassin codename, her name is actuallyyyy..." Rain pauses and blushes, "...This... isn't actually important to the topic."

"...her... name?.." Ursula slowly asked in confusion: "..what do you mean.. Her.. name?.. why did you put 'Father' in quotation marks?"
She looks extremely confused.

Rogue wrote:
"And again, the Union cannot stress enough how sorry and regretful we are about that attack" Rogue says "We tried everything in our power to prevent it, but it was a very complex political situation, and there was no real way of knowing how it would unfold."
Twilight wrote:Yes, because a mere apology will undo all the destruction and murder we have wrought." The reply was with a certain coldness and detachment. "Those apologies won't do any good, the damage wrought under my flag, the EQUESTRIAN flag, by that assault on Ashra has had too many severe consequenses for this world. Just as Nifelheim has caused much damage in our world with the build of their cities as a saving grace for them."

He looks at the group. "Let's put some facts on the table. There was a witcher in our world running around and killing people. That's wrong in many ways. But it was only here that we realized he was doing it to save us from Glysteria. One of those Glysteria we protected, with the consequence being it's free now. We were doing the wrong thing, but we believed it was the right thing until we learned of the full picture of that situation here."

Her eyes narrow. "We screwed up. Both individually and collectively. Empty apologies from a few strays won't mean anything if we then don't try to fix these mistakes. If you feel responsible, then get to work on it already.

"Do not underestimate the power of words" Ursula coldly replied:
"If you do not say sorry, how will I even know you regret those events? How will I know you care about our people?"

She slightly bowed her head for a moment:
"Thank you for apologizing on behalf of your kingdom.

Actions are expected as well of course, but it starts with words.
Thank you, it means a great deal for me to hear you say that, and to know that there are decent folk living in the Machine World.

Perhaps peace among our worlds is more than a fantasy. I would like the war to end" Ursula quietly said, then looked at everyone:

"If everyone is ready to go, we should set off at once. We must forge your weapons as quickly as possible. Your are at a disadvantage until then"

488Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 23 Nov - 23:34

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain pulls out her phone and turns it on. Her background is of her and her sister, Fire effortlessly holding rain up on her shoulder as Rain holds up a peace sign. She flips through her images, some dumb memes, soldiers in training, Violet at a firing range, until she stops at a selfie of her and Harle. She turns the phone around, "Its not really a... "Mother Father" thing if thats what you were expecting.

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"How far is the mine from here, is it far?" Rogue asks Ursula.

Dan One

Dan One

"I could say the same about Nifelheim. Despite our drastic difference in views on a few topics it's good to know that everyone here isn't a murder hobo. This is why communication between Nifelheim and Earth is very important. Otherwise, all the military leaders with an IQ of a brick on Earth will start an open war."

Radiance finishes donning his armor then gives Ursula a nod indicating he is ready.

491Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 24 Nov - 11:26

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"Oh, that reminds me. Are all the suits of armour the same pattern and colour, or is there a mixture of different sets? I noticed Kaylee and Johan both had different ones, so are there specific male and female suits?" Rogue asks.

492Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 24 Nov - 20:45

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Rain wrote:Rain pulls out her phone and turns it on. Her background is of her and her sister, Fire effortlessly holding rain up on her shoulder as Rain holds up a peace sign. She flips through her images, some dumb memes, soldiers in training, Violet at a firing range, until she stops at a selfie of her and Harle. She turns the phone around, "Its not really a... "Mother Father" thing if thats what you were expecting.

"Oh...... oh my" Ursula covered her mouth, looking at the picture:
"...how does.. that even work? It doesn't seem possible"

"Oh there's actually a spell for that" Kaylee began: "All you need to do is conjure-"

"Nonono that's all I needed to hear" Ursula cut her off, shaking het head: "I don't need to know anything else! Really."
She stared into space in confusion for a moment:
"..how many mothers do I have??... I have like... three mothers"

Rogue wrote:"How far is the mine from here, is it far?" Rogue asks Ursula

"No, its pretty close, about an hour on a Hadedashi" Ursula said.

"Those are the giant blue foxes, right?" Johan asked.

"Uhh.. y-yeah.." Ursula slowly nodded: "If you want, I can call them Foxes for easier reference. I don't actually know what a Fox is however.."

Rogue wrote:Are all the suits of armour the same pattern and colour, or is there a mixture of different sets? I noticed Kaylee and Johan both had different ones, so are there specific male and female suits?" Rogue asks

"I think we had a few different designs. They fit both men and women." Ursula looked at the box of armor:
"I specifically ordered gender neutral armor, just to be on the safe side, so all the potential new Witcher candidates will be properly equipped"

She looked at everyone: "Alright, if everyones ready, lets begin heading out"

Ursula headed outside, there was something vaguely resembling stables on the other side of the stronghold.
A half dozen blue foxes with four red eyes, stood there, digging through the roots of a nearby tree.

Ursula didn't emit a sound as she approached them, but they all looked in her direction, as if sensing her thoughts.
Some returned to digging among the tree roots, a few fully turned towards Ursula, slightly lifting their heads, as if in acknowledgement"

493Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 24 Nov - 20:55

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"We're going right now? I was hoping to stay behind to read up on the language."

She lets out a short sigh before getting one of the suits.

"Let's get this over with then."
"Because I don't want to hear more questions on those transmutation spells! Also the weapon, not my cup of tea. But to explain that magic? That's just wrong."

494Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 24 Nov - 21:24

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:
Rain wrote:Rain pulls out her phone and turns it on. Her background is of her and her sister, Fire effortlessly holding rain up on her shoulder as Rain holds up a peace sign. She flips through her images, some dumb memes, soldiers in training, Violet at a firing range, until she stops at a selfie of her and Harle. She turns the phone around, "Its not really a... "Mother Father" thing if thats what you were expecting.

"Oh...... oh my" Ursula covered her mouth, looking at the picture:
"...how does.. that even work? It doesn't seem possible"

"Oh there's actually a spell for that" Kaylee began: "All you need to do is conjure-"

"Nonono that's all I needed to hear" Ursula cut her off, shaking het head: "I don't need to know anything else! Really."
She stared into space in confusion for a moment:
"..how many mothers do I have??... I have like... three mothers"

Rogue wrote:"How far is the mine from here, is it far?" Rogue asks Ursula

"No, its pretty close, about an hour on a Hadedashi" Ursula said.

"Those are the giant blue foxes, right?" Johan asked.

"Uhh.. y-yeah.." Ursula slowly nodded: "If you want, I can call them Foxes for easier reference. I don't actually know what a Fox is however.."

Rogue wrote:Are all the suits of armour the same pattern and colour, or is there a mixture of different sets? I noticed Kaylee and Johan both had different ones, so are there specific male and female suits?" Rogue asks

"I think we had a few different designs. They fit both men and women." Ursula looked at the box of armor:
"I specifically ordered gender neutral armor, just to be on the safe side, so all the potential new Witcher candidates will be properly equipped"

She looked at everyone: "Alright, if everyones ready, lets begin heading out"

Ursula headed outside, there was something vaguely resembling stables on the other side of the stronghold.
A half dozen blue foxes with four red eyes, stood there, digging through the roots of a nearby tree.

Ursula didn't emit a sound as she approached them, but they all looked in her direction, as if sensing her thoughts.
Some returned to digging among the tree roots, a few fully turned towards Ursula, slightly lifting their heads, as if in acknowledgement"

Rogue goes over to the box and picks a suit.

495Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 24 Nov - 21:27

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain turns off her phone and steps up, "Alriggghhhtttyyyy. To the mine we go." She steps up to the fox things, "Hay there buddy." She smiles holding out her hand to give it some pets.

496Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 24 Nov - 22:23

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Not my usual thing to mention, but Kaylee came to Amsterdam for a tour of the dutch city. Also for a peculiar request she asked on a boat. Something about...

Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Robotnik_PINGAS_by_blacksoar

But I could be wrong.)

497Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Mon 26 Nov - 18:10

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Alyx began laughing in Twilights head.

"I'm afraid we'll need you with us to help haul the precious metals to the blacksmith" Ursula said to Twilight:
"And don't worry, there will be plenty of time to catch up the studies later"

One of the giant foxes looked at Rain with all four of its eyes and licked her palm, seemingly expecting food to be there.

"We'll ride in pairs on the backs of Hadedashi" Ursula called:
"We only have six of them at the stronghold. Treat them with kindness and they will become your allies.
Remember, they cannot understand our speech but they can sense our emotions, that's how they communicate.
Please try to have generally positive thoughts around them."

Ursula jumped on one and extended her hand toward Rain, to help her climb up.

The giant foxes looked at you with curiociry, sometimes attempting to sniff you. They patiently waited until everyone climbed up, sometimes digging at the snow with their paws and biting at something on the ground.

When everyone was ready, Ursula emitted a sharp, high pitched sound and her fox launched into an immediate gallop across the snowplanes. The other five followed it, falling behind in two neat rows.

The Hadedashi ran fast, making the cold wind lash at your face and ruffle your hair. The clear sky slowly turned orange and gold, as the brilliant sun began setting over the horizon. Three moons were slightly peeking over the hills behind you, their ghostly white surface clearly shining in the evening sky.

The forest to your left began turning bizarre. There were trees of strange oval shapes, flora you've never seen before. Their branches coated in a layer of snow.
More than once, you saw a pair of glowing eyes, staring at you from the forest line, unmoving and watching you in alarm.

The Hadedashi began jumping over small obstacles on the road after a while, a fallen tree or a large boulder. They were emitting short barking sounds with a high pitch, as teasing and daring each other for a race.

Trying to open a book and studying durring this gallop proved futile, there was just too much jumping involved.

A little less than an hour later, galloping through the country side, the foxes came to a stop next to a small moutain.
The sun had already set and the landscape was lit up surprisingly good, by the shining moons up above. Their ghostly light reflecting off of the snow on the ground.

"Is this the place?" Johan asked, lowering the scarf he pulled over his mouth during the ride.

"...yes" Ursula quietly replied, slowly jumping off of her Hadedashi.

About a hundred meters away from you, there was a large cave entrance, built into the side of the mountain. You could see a symbolic wooden fence around it, some empty tents and the smoking remains of a camp fire. A pair of rail tracks began at the entrance and disappeared into the depths of the cave.

Ursula frowned, taking a few steps toward the entrance and twisting her head left and right:
"...that's odd... there's usually a contingent of miners camping outside" she quietly said.

As you look around, you don't see anyone. The campsite at the entrance looks empty. No lights are lit up in the cave, its depths are completely veiled by the darkness.

498Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Mon 26 Nov - 22:30

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain seems dissapointed somewhat as they approach the empty camp, "Nothings as easy as, 'Get to the mine, get metal, and get back.' Im not sure what I expected. However." She looks to the mine and gives the fox thing a pat on the side, "Good girl." She says quitely as she slips off.

499Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Tue 27 Nov - 10:46

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"Maybe they're asleep?" Rogue says, dismounting from the Fox, "But just in case they're not, we should probably split up, look to see if we can find any signs of life. Everybody pair up and pick a tent, stay in communication range at all times."

500Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Tue 27 Nov - 11:31

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 20 012cf110
(Due to lack of connection, Kaylee asked me to say this.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum