The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 39]

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain remains silent a moment before a hint of a smile appears on her lips, "You thought of everything didn't you? The eye? My hands? Might I ask though... how did you know about my eye?" She attempts to move her wings, not open them, but just barely move them to check for restraints. She adjusts her wrists, "standing behind me, Knife to my neck? What a terroristic act." She grins. She takes a moment to feel the knife on her neck, how sharp is it? Is it serated? She gently gives the ropes on her hands a gentle pull, finding out how tight the ropes are, how thick are they? Finally she brushes her thumb across the ball, with a sigh she turns her head slightly, "before ursula gets here. In my back pocket there is a pack of cigarettes can I get one?"

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Radiance, Rogue, Twilight)

Johan stepped out and went to see Ursula as well.
Kaylee remained and continued with a grim expression:
"Okay.. Radiance and one more person will be in charge of scouting the region.
We need to be careful with flying though, there's no cover up there and if we get spotted, Rain will die instantly. We won't have time to react.  

If this really is Carvos, he'll make sure we get a brief glance of Rain, just before killing her."

She bit her lower lip: "Unfortunately we don't know any spells for hiding our presence. We'll have to rely on old fashioned cover and camouflage.

We do have spells for running on walls and on water though, perhaps we can do something with them.
Hopefully the Calibration Stone will have something new, but it might be the same one we used at the Witchet stronghold.

Now, if our scouting run will go as planned, we'll be able to get a clear picture of the enemy numbers and placement, without getting spotted ourselves.

At some point, we will likely find Rain. She will likely be under guard, probably with a knife to her neck.

The next questions are, how do we rescue her.
And if we're spotted and combat begins, how do we stop her from instantly dying."

Outside of the house, Ursula stood with her shoulders slumped and cried, hiding her face in her hands. There was nothing left but despair in her voice. It was unbearable to hear.

"We'll just have to take full advantage of the terrain then, travel along contours, come at them from downwind to hide the sound of our approach, maybe mask our scent with mud and poo?" Rogue suggests "Although I do have to admit, having such a limited repertoire of spells to choose from doesn't exactly help."

Dan One

Dan One

Radiance slowly approaches Ursula,

"Are you going to be ok? I know this is stressful but we are going to do everything in our power and ability to get your mother back. Rain is one of the strongest people I've ever met. That strength is even greater when fighting for those she cares for and I know for a fact she will be fighting tooth and nail to get back to you."

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Radiance, Rogue, Twilight)

"I hear you" Kaylee sighed, looking at Rogue: "We'll have to win with what we have. On the bright side, we already had time to test out our spells, so we'll have a better idea how to utilize them.
Maybe we can improvise something with what we have"

She fell into thought: "Take advantage of our terrain, mask our scent with mud and poo... Mmmm.. that's a good idea. Haven't done that since boot camp"

She nodded: "Alright, we know how we'll approach the area.
All we need now, is to figure a way to stop Rain from instantly dying."

Outside, Ursula continued to cry, burying her face in her hands:
"It doesn't matter.. how strong we are.... when we'll reach the waterfall.. we'll see her..... with a knife to her neck" she sobbed:

"And once we see her... she'll die..... I don't know... what to do-" she broke into tears, even harder than before.

Johan awkwardly stood a few feet away, he exited the house a few moments earlier, togethet with you.
Shuffling his feet and taking hold of his elbow, he stood there, looking down, until a few moments later he spoke:
"...we'll need a very solid plan to get her out. We can't rush in and hope for the best"

(Rain)

As you attempt to move your wings, a spark of pain rushes through you. It seems your wings were tightly tied to your torso by a series of ropes, so tightly that they went numb.

The knife was serrated, eerily sharp. It was already slightly breaking the skin, just from you speaking and slightly moving around.

The ropes over your palms were relatively thick, about as thick as your index finger, very tightly tied.

As you brush your thumb across the ball, you discover that its surface was textured. Some sort of short rectangles were sticking out of its entire surface, evenly spaced.

The figure behind you slowly and audibly smirked:
"...... your words imply we are equal...
The arrogance..."

He laughed, quietly. His voice was very raspy.

"We.. are the Lords of this world...
And you?... you are cattle"
He spoke each word very slowly, as if enjoying its sound.

"...And cattle have no right to ask questions, or make demands..."
Laugher slowly faded from his voice:

"Diana, the Archangel of Beauclair, was mine to torment... and you...Dared... to give her hope...

You had no right to!" he suddenly hissed, his voice growing dangerous.

Squiggles remained quiet during the whole conversation, but you could almost feel the thoughts swirling around in his head.
Calculating, searching for a way out.

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain chuckles, "Cattle huh? Have you ever heard of the term, "Mess with the bull, you get the horns?" She cant help but smile, the rush of the moment getting to her. She just begins laughing, "Your thought process is weak and flawed. In the end, it doesn't matter if you kill me. For you will die soon enough. The horns of the bull will find their way to you." She smirks, "Im not making demands, I'm requesting a cigarette in hopes that you understand there is some personality within what you call cattle."

"We are not equals you are right. Which side of the coin I land on resides with me."

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"Well presumably whoever's kidnapped Rain'll be watching the approach along the path, so if we have a sniper shoot from behind them, we can take out the person holding the knife to her neck as a priority" Rogue suggests "Someone with a precise long-range spell should be able to do that."

"Once they've been dealt with, we can move in on any others if there are any; for that we'd need a simultaneous strike from everyone in all directions, try to break up any formation they have to divide and conquer. We can use a mix of spells, mundane weapons to provide additional distractions, and grenades to control the battlefield, maybe even topple a tree or two on them."

Dan One

Dan One

Radiance steps over and gently pulls her into a hug. His own paternal instincts taking over.

"You don't have to do anything alone." he holds the hug for a moment then steps back again one hand still on her shoulder.

"Rain will not die because the kidnapper will never know we are coming. I swear to you that you and Rain will be reunited"

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Radiance, Rogue, Twilight)

Rogue wrote:we'd need a simultaneous strike from everyone in all directions, try to break up any formation they have to divide and conquer. We can use a mix of spells, mundane weapons to provide additional distractions, and grenades to control the battlefield, maybe even topple a tree or two on them."

"Yes that's perfect" Kaylee nodded a few times: "Lets do it"

She slightly shuffled her wings, falling in thought:

"About the hostage taker... we'll need a precise, long range spell huh...
It can't be a Fireball or Lightning, they'll have a chance of collateral damage to Rain, they're too messy..."

She snapped her fingers: "Ice spike. A projectile. Can be precise. Firing it at the back of the head should do it.

No.. wait.." she looked down:

"The hostage taker is likely a parasite or a rogue witcher. His Health may be extremely high. A single ice spike may not be enough to take him out.

Ursula is a category 2 witcher. She could discharge a spike to take down 20 Health points at once, but if the enemy has a large Health pool, even that may not be enough to take him out.

What's worse, upon taking damage, the hostage taker may jolt, his muscles may spasm and he may involuntarily slice through Rains neck."

Kaylee subconsciously scratcher her cheek:
"I think attacking the hostage taker is a good idea, it will stun or disorient him, if nothing else. But we still need to make sure Rain doesn't die, during the attack."

She nodded to herself and looked at everyone present:
"We need to examine every tool at our disposal.
Every item in our inventory, every spell and its unique property.

We need to carefully examine every detail and possibility, and chart the best possible plan.. or Rain really is going to die" Kaylee closed her eyes.

Outside, Ursula looked up at Radiance with bloodshot eyes, cheeks wet with tears, and smiled. It was a hopeless smile:

"...you can't swear to that... you can't promise that.
Anything can happen in combat.. and life is fragile..."

She slowly stopped crying and looked down, wrapping herself in her arms:
"..the only way to save Rain, is to design a rescue plan, to stop her from dying the moment we see her, and I... I don't know how to do that..."

She closed her eyes: "I replayed that day in my mind, over and over... thinking, what could I have done differently... how could I've saved her.. and... I still don't know the answer...

I don't know how to protect the person I cherish" her eyes began filling up with tears again.

(Rain)

The figure behind you scoffed:
"...personality....... It doesn't concern me."

He began breaking into an audible smirk:
"You know, the last time I killed Diana's mother, every Witcher on this island searched for me for over a year. They never found me.
What makes you think this time will be different"

He released a quiet laugh: "You're going to die, Rain Runner, you'll have to accept that.
Before you die, I will remove your blindfold, so the last thing you see, will be your blood, on your daughters face."

He smirked again:
"But it doesn't have to be that way...

I can kill you painlessly, quickly and without drawing blood. It will decrease the trauma your daughter will inevitably sustain, when you die. Its the best deal I can offer.

All you have to do... is... tell me...

When will the next Machine World Invasion begin?
How many flying machines will they bring this time?

Answer, and I will make your death quick and bloodless. Its the best deal you're going to get"

Dan One

Dan One

"Yes, life is fragile and combat unpredictable. But you're not the only one thinking about a plan to save Rain. We're not just a ragtag group of explorer's who came here searching for our children. We've been mind controlled, blackmailed, hunted by our world government. But we've also defeated demons that can't be killed, giant machine's immune to magic, and stopped a group that was secretly controlling everything for decades. Encountering and facing impossible situations is, back on Earth, what we did best.

That's why I'm swearing to you we will save her!

By the sounds of it they have most of a plan set up. But I know they could use your first hand world knowledge on this. So what do you say we head back in and help them finalize the plan?"

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain smirks as an idea hits her with a ton of bricks, "Wouldn't you like to know big guy!" She scoffs back at him, "I'd endure anything you can throw at me or my daughter to get that information from me." She snickers, "You think getting information from a mechanica general would be that easy?" She raises her head up to the knife, "You think im here for HER?" She softly shakes her head, "You must think im dumb if you think im here for my daughter. Think of all the resources! The expantion of our relm is above her." She scoffs.

Her smile becomes wicked, "Unless..." she chuckles and shakes her head, "nono... none of my deals will intrest you." She looks up at him through her blindfold, her smile probably matching his, "Per say... might I intrest you with an entire worlds supply of food... in exchange for... say... companionship?" She laughs, "What am I saying, you only have yourself in mind... even when the opportunity is in your. Best. Intrest." She emphasizes her words, taunting him with them."

She brings her head back down her tone turning serious, "Imagine how hopeless ursula would feel... finding that her very own mother betrayed her." She growls, "That stupid child doesn't know the first thing about running an army or controling her own intrests. I'd be happy to be rid of her, and I will gladly tell it to her face in fact."

Last edited by C̷O̴N̴S̶U̸M̵E̵ on Sun 14 Apr - 21:22; edited 1 time in total

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Radiance, Rogue, Twilight)

Rogue wrote:we'd need a simultaneous strike from everyone in all directions, try to break up any formation they have to divide and conquer. We can use a mix of spells, mundane weapons to provide additional distractions, and grenades to control the battlefield, maybe even topple a tree or two on them."

"Yes that's perfect" Kaylee nodded a few times: "Lets do it"

She slightly shuffled her wings, falling in thought:

"About the hostage taker... we'll need a precise, long range spell huh...
It can't be a Fireball or Lightning, they'll have a chance of collateral damage to Rain, they're too messy..."

She snapped her fingers: "Ice spike. A projectile. Can be precise. Firing it at the back of the head should do it.

No.. wait.." she looked down:

"The hostage taker is likely a parasite  or a rogue witcher. His Health may be extremely high. A single ice spike may not be enough to take him out.

Ursula is a category 2 witcher. She could discharge a spike to take down 20 Health points at once, but if the enemy has a large Health pool, even that may not be enough to take him out.

What's worse, upon taking damage, the hostage taker may jolt, his muscles may spasm and he may involuntarily slice through Rains neck."

Kaylee subconsciously scratcher her cheek:
"I think attacking the hostage taker is a good idea, it will stun or disorient him, if nothing else. But we still need to make sure Rain doesn't die, during the attack."

She nodded to herself and looked at everyone present:
"We need to examine every tool at our disposal.
Every item in our inventory, every spell and its unique property.

We need to carefully examine every detail and possibility, and chart the best possible plan.. or Rain really is going to die" Kaylee closed her eyes.

"Well let's check this village's spellstone, see if they have anything more suitable?" Rogue says "Does anyone know where it is?"

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

After being silent for a while, Twilight speaks up.

"What if..." She slowly starts. "We don't start attacking Carvos? After all, he's too strong for us to kill him without putting Rain at risk. But in order to repeat what he did to Ursala's caretaker, Rain must have 1 health left."

She looks at the group.

"Perhaps... We can heal her instead of harming him. It might work... The first witcher we met, he dropped dead when hit in the throat, but got up afterwards no problem, after the healing set in."

She looks serious. "We have to heal Rain enough to make sure he can't take her life in a second. Everyone, check your pockets for any tool that can help to slow his assault from that position."

She ponders. "And then an escape, how to set that up..."

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

// Hey guys, sorry for inactivity lately, my job is killing me >.<

(Rogue, Twilight, Radiance

"Of course!" Kaylee slapper her fist down on her other palm:
"We start combat by blasting Rain with healing! At the same time, we could launch an ice spike into the back of Carvos's head. It will briefly stagger him and give us enough leeway to close distance, free Rain from her restraints and initiate proper combat!

Once the main brawl starts, we can asses the enemy strength and decide our next course of action - fight or flight.

Looks like we have most of our plan" Kaylee confidently smiled:
"All we have to do now is assign roles to each team member and decide who fires what spell and at what power level.

Come. I saw the calibration stone in one of the wagons outside" she waved you to follow and trotted outside the house, stopping only to scoop up the cybernetic eye into a napkin and hide it in her pocket.

Outside, Ursula looked down and replied only after a few moments of silence:
"I'm sorry, but I don't believe we can afford to be too confident at this moment. Even if you have a spotless record, it only takes one mistake to undo it all.
We.. need to be very careful. We need a good plan to maximize our chance of success.."

Kaylee burst through the door, ran down the few steps and ran past Radiance and Ursula, briefly patting Ursula on the shoulder:
"We have a plan! Come!" She called, running to the village exit.

Ursula briefly exchanged looks with you, before running after her.

Kaylee only stopped when she reached the numerous wagons that comprised the evacuation convoy. Moving from one wagon to another, she finally stopped next to one filled completely with cold weapons and smith gear.
Among the gear you spotted the calibration stone from the Witchers stronghold.

Kaylee briefly hovered her hand over it and the stone lit up in responce, projecting two dimentional formulae and schematics:

"...no new spells, but we can equip different ones from the ones we know.
All we have to do is assign roles to each team member and figure out which spells we'll need for each role"

(Rain)

"Really" the voice behind you quietly said:
"So, you are a general, sent here to scout this world for resources and future expansion. Your meeting with your daughter was accidental and has no meaning to you."

The voice audibly smiled:
"Rain, its not nice to lie.
Generals travel with armies. You came here with a tiny strike team.
Generals stay in the back, they're too valuable, they send pawns to the front lines. They don't lead recon missions into hazardous environments, that's what pawns are for.

You're not a general. Your an expendable scout. Which makes me wander, what else did you lie about"

The voice sighed with an audible smile:
"What can a pawn like you offer me?
Can youuuu.... provide me safe passage back to your world, per chance?" The voice asked:

"...I would very much like to escape this wretched world.

There's only one problem. Parasites cannot teleport, not on their own. Something in this worlds atmosphere... it holds us in place, prevents our escape... like a frozen prison.

But... if we are attached to a host..." the voice audibly grinned: "...then... then we can escape this world..."

He moved his head a bit closer to you:
"Can you do that? Can you provide me with an uninfected host? Then communicate with your supperiors in the Machine World and ask them to teleport me there, the same way you teleported here?"

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain frowns at the insult to her rank, "very well. I can do that." She raises her snout, "though i'm going to need your trust in my word if you wish for such an opportunity." She cocks her head, "...and the assurance we aren't going to stab each other in the back until we get there." Her tone grows monotonous, she presses her tongue to the side of her mouth in thought, "Just wait until the mechanica hear about the power here!" She laughs, "I assure you will be most impressed."

Rain pauses, a sentance catching in her ears, "Do you not already havr a host? I thought thats what that festering corpse was you call a body..." she firmly bumps her back against him as if motioning to his being, "or is it the fact that it is a corpse the issue?"

"is this blindfold really necessary anymore." She sighs, "you already took one of my fucking eyes."

She pauses, "also dont act like you fuckin' know me dickhead!" She growls, "I come from a diffrent dimention asshat, if im a general you dont have any proof that im not what i say I am." She scoffs, "asshole." She mutters under her breath, "you dont seem to realize that im a general who marches with her troops, im not going to sit behind some goddamn desk for the rest of my life while my squads die. I have no way of speaking to my soldiers from the mechanica, as such the rest of the story should be given away." She glares into the blindfold, "Im here for the resorces. My daughter being ripped into here was a deciding factor but shes a secondary objective, primary... kill the kings, take the land, eliminate the parasite threat." She glances up at him, "If we make a temporary alliance's with the shared knowlage that at some point one of us is going to kill the other im sure we could make a short lived alliance between me and you." She sighs, "If it meand forwarding mechanicas objective so be it."

Last edited by C̷O̴N̴S̶U̸M̵E̵ on Mon 22 Apr - 1:19; edited 2 times in total

Dan One

Dan One

Along the way Radiance responds to Ursula: "Our track record is far from perfect. We've faced defeat in the past so that's why I have this amount of confidence. The fire may be different but we've gone through the forge before."

Once at the stone: "OK, from what I heard we need to scout the area as efficiently and quietly as possible then as cohesively as possible strike with a one-two punch of healing Rain and stunning the kidnapped with the highest level spell we can manage.

"I think we should avoid fire magic for this fight. If we can use the potential stun abilities from Frost, Lightning, and Strength Sap I think we'll have a better chance."

Radiance steps over to the stone.

"If I'm going to be one of our scouts then, I think this is the only change I'll need" He changes his Utility spells to Heightened Senses and Scan briefly turning to Ursula before she can protest the removal of Dance of the Swallow "I'll re-equip Dance of the Swallow once we have Rain back. As you said dropped sanity simply starts the Witcher joining again which means that zero sanity isn't an instant death sentence."

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:// Hey guys, sorry for inactivity lately, my job is killing me >.<

(Rogue, Twilight, Radiance

"Of course!" Kaylee slapper her fist down on her other palm:
"We start combat by blasting Rain with healing! At the same time, we could launch an ice spike into the back of Carvos's head. It will briefly stagger him and give us enough leeway to close distance, free Rain from her restraints and initiate proper combat!

Once the main brawl starts, we can asses the enemy strength and decide our next course of action - fight or flight.

Looks like we have most of our plan" Kaylee confidently smiled:
"All we have to do now is assign roles to each team member and decide who fires what spell and at what power level.

Come. I saw the calibration stone in one of the wagons outside" she waved you to follow and trotted outside the house, stopping only to scoop up the cybernetic eye into a napkin and hide it in her pocket.

Outside, Ursula looked down and replied only after a few moments of silence:
"I'm sorry, but I don't believe we can afford to be too confident at this moment. Even if you have a spotless record, it only takes one mistake to undo it all.
We.. need to be very careful. We need a good plan to maximize our chance of success.."

Kaylee burst through the door, ran down the few steps and ran past Radiance and Ursula, briefly patting Ursula on the shoulder:
"We have a plan! Come!" She called, running to the village exit.

Ursula briefly exchanged looks with you, before running after her.

Kaylee only stopped when she reached the numerous wagons that comprised the evacuation convoy. Moving from one wagon to another, she finally stopped next to one filled completely with cold weapons and smith gear.
Among the gear you spotted the calibration stone from the Witchers stronghold.

Kaylee briefly hovered her hand over it and the stone lit up in responce, projecting two dimentional formulae and schematics:

"...no new spells, but we can equip different ones from the ones we know.
All we have to do is assign roles to each team member and figure out which spells we'll need for each role"

"What Status Effects & Defence spells are there again, I need a replacement to Shield" Rogue asks.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Rain)

"Trust in your word?" The figure behind you released a slight chuckle:
"I'm sorry, I don't do that. Here's a guarantee though - I'm going to keep you at 1 HP until you give me what I want. Try anything along the way and I will kill you.

On the other hand, you can safely believe I wish to escape this planet. Soon it will be consumed by parasites. Overpopulation will follow, famine, violence and cannibalism.
Rather not be here when it happens.

This begs the question however, if you can't contact the machine world, how will you go back home?... and more importantly, how will you give me what I want? How do you intend to teleport me there?"

The figure paused, taking a breath:
"To escape this world, I require a Living host. You are correct. This corpse already expired, thus it is useless. I might as well tie a bag of smoked meat to my back, it won't change anything.

I need to be tied to a living soul, it is the only way I can teleport out of this frozen rock. Nothing else will sufice.

Though... I suppose this corpse did serve its purpose, it once belonged to someone who lived in the village. So no one batted an eye once I strolled in, wearing his body. It was only slightly pale at the time.. ahaha haha! HAAHAHA!"

The figure loudly laughed at his own joke. As you bump your back against him, a faint red glow briefly comes through the blindfold, when you looked in the figures direction.

"He ditched the corpse.." Squiggles quietly whispered: "The glow only shows around the parasites real form. He must have wanted Ursula to see who really took you hostage... cheeky bastard" Squiggles scoffed.

"The blindfold is necessary" the figure spoke after a while:
"On the off chance that you're trying to pull a fast one on me, I wouldn't want you gathering vital intelligence about the battlefields layout, before your daughter arrives.
'Trust' is not something I do. I do blackmail. It is the only guarantee one can truly have"

The figure audibly smirked:
"...a general who marches with her troops.. what an increadibly foolish notion.
Is that how the Machine World operates? When the next invasion occurs, I'll make sure to target your officers first, leave your army headless..."

The figure released a long, quiet laugh:
"Things are finally starting to make sense...

You're not just a scout team... your a hit squad. Assassins, sent to erase the Witcher kings.
But you're not just a brute hit squad.. you're clever... Using a different teleportation method than your predecessors, not only did you bypass the Machina Portals defense line, you began a slow and tedious plan of infiltrating the Witcher ranks and weaseling your way to the top, until you're in a position to assassinate the Witcher kings, quickly and effortlessly.

Oh I take it back, you're Good. You're really good" the figure released a low laugh.

"You've given me quite a lot of information... I wander if I can sell it..." you heard him make a gesture with his hand, then someones footsteps over a patch of sand. Someone was walking away from the area, a second figure.

"Now, we really got off topic here" the figure behind you said:
"If you have no means to communicating with the Machine World, how do you intend to teleport me there?"

(Rogue, Twilight, Radiance)

"Healing, Shield and Spectral Armor." Kaylee said, gazing at the stone:
"Spectral Armor can be applied to the spell caster, or fired as a projectile to grant armor to an ally.

It actually manifests as a set of glowing armor over the body."

Ursula uncomfortably grimaced and looked at Radiance:
"...zero Sanity isn't a sure death sentense, but if the ritual is failed, we'll have another enemy on the field... I won't protest your decision, but I think it is a bad idea.."

"..a-alright" Kaylee calmingly raised her hand:
"Lets execute the operation like this -

Radiance and Twilight will go in the lead, activate Heightened Senses and scout the battlefields layout. Topography, enemy numbers and placement. Rain's location and status.

Once we have the intel, we regroup and prepare.

On your signal, we will execute a simultaneous, coordinated attack:

Ursula will be on standby to discharge a Level 2 Ice Spike into the hostage takers head.

At the same time, me, Johan and maybe two more people will blast Rain with healing, maybe even Spectral Armor, restoring her to full Health.

The remaining two squad members will look for additional enemies and attack them with magic, at the same time.

Once the brawl starts, me and Ursula will close in on Rain at mach one.
Ursula will keep the hostage taker busy, while I extract Rain and undo her bindings.

The final stage of the plan is Fight or Flight.
Depending on the enemy numbers and strength, we will either Scan the toughest looking ones, disperse and engade, while topling trees on them and whatever else we have in our inventory.

Or we run, making sure they can't follow quickly enough. Use gas and flash grenades if you still have them, maybe topple a few trees as we run.

Does everyone agree with the plan? Should we make adjustments?"

Kaylee asked, looking at everyone.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

// Hey guys, just a quick hepothetical question =)
If there was a mini-rp in the future, where everyone played as a group of new, villain characters, would you want to go through with it?

Like a mini-prequel rp, just like the nightmare night rp earlier, but everyone plays a villain.
Would you be theoretically up for it?

I haven't planned anything concrete yet, but was wandering if I should start? =)
>=)

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"A teather back at the mechanica camp. Think of the link between our worlds like a chain, the only reason we were here is because we traveled the distance between universes, however, what if we tethered the worlds together so instead of horrendously dangerous teleportation, you walk through a portal thats tethered to this world. I cant contact my troops because we are in a diffrent dimention dummy. I never said I couldn't go home." She smirks, "I'm your only way back because only me and my team know the way there. You kill me they will try to kill you, and you will never leave." She chuckles, "as if YOU of all beings would know anything about running a squad or a team." She scoffs, "your selfish, murderous, and just really uncomfortable to be around." She shakes her head, "puuhhhhleeeassse!" She frowns once more, "I'm only playing your game for your entertainment, in truth I know my way home, and if you refuse to believe me you'll never escape, everyone in this world will die, you will eventually be overwhelmed and eaten alive." She smirks, "You kill me... you die... eventually. However im OFFERING you a chance to get the fuck off this planet while we finish the mission. You need me to activate the teather and once word gets around that im dead, the mechanica will regroup, rig the teather with timed explosives, and leave..." she pauses, "not so many options now are there." She smiles.

(Yeyeyeye sounds cool famsquad.)

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(I'm down for the villianous roles. Might be interesting.)

"I'm not good at stealth, but I'll try my best." Twilight says as she swaps signal flare and fire for Heightened senses and Sap strength.

"Be careful of our mana reserves. I have 20 mana, that's 4 spells. I don't know about the rest of you, but with one down for senses that's 3. Even with how many people we have, that's only a limited amount of spells. We may have to plan for slowing them to flee."

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Rain)

The figure sighed, with an audible smirk
"You just can't stop lying can you Rain. I imagine its like breathing to you humans.

The hit squad will just pack up and leave, aborting their mission and severing the only portal to Nifelheim, that escaped the Witchers watchful eye? Because a pawn like you died?

Come on Rain you can lie better than that!!" The figure barked with a smile:

"I don't need you specifically, I need an abstract member of your team to give me the portals location, activate it and give me a host.
If you want to be that team member, you're going to have to play by my rules. Or I will kill you and kidnap another.. more cooperative one... maybe Johan..
He seems timid enough, I bet he'll break easily... once I start sticking screws under his fingernails"

The figure went silent for a long moment. For some reason you imagined him grinning.
When the silence began to seem painful, he spoke again:

"If you want to survive today, you will follow my instructions to the letter.
First, we're going to fake your death. In front of Ursula.

Then, once the brawl starts, you and me will slip away, just like I did last time, a year ago.

Then, you will hold your part of the deal and I'll let you go.

Faking your death is non negotiable. Ursula's demise must be complete. Its the only deal you're going to get"

The figure quietly laughed:
"Shouldn't be too hard for you... seeing as you don't really care about Ursula... do you....?"
His grip on your shoulder became a little more firm.

"Traps" Kaylee snapped her fingers in realization: "We set up traps along our escape route. Old fashioned, classic, use the environment. Trip ropes maybe, falling trees, stuff like that.
It won't harm a parasite but it will slow him down. And I doubt the enemy will follow us all the way to the village. There's a lot of Witchers guarding the convoy. If the enemy gets too close, it will end badly for them"

She nodded to herself and looked at you:
"Alright, if our plan is ready, lets pick our new spells and set out. If we take too long, I'm worried the hostage taker will start to suspect that something is up"

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain smirks, "fine! Finnnneee. I shall fake my death. We will find a host for you and we shall leave through the gate. You will be taken into the bunks, i'll come back to finish the mission, fucking necromancy." She huffs, "as for you... once your in the mechanica your not my problem or my ally. I'll fucking kill you if I see you again." She clears her throat, "Good plan?" She pauses, "I'm ignoring the fact you know the name of someone in my squad."

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:

"Healing, Shield and Spectral Armor." Kaylee said, gazing at the stone:
"Spectral Armor can be applied to the spell caster, or fired as a projectile to grant armor to an ally.

It actually manifests as a set of glowing armor over the body."

Ursula uncomfortably grimaced and looked at Radiance:
"...zero Sanity isn't a sure death sentense, but if the ritual is failed, we'll have another enemy on the field... I won't protest your decision, but I think it is a bad idea.."

"..a-alright" Kaylee calmingly raised her hand:
"Lets execute the operation like this -

Radiance and Twilight will go in the lead, activate Heightened Senses and scout the battlefields layout. Topography, enemy numbers and placement. Rain's location and status.

Once we have the intel, we regroup and prepare.

On your signal, we will execute a simultaneous, coordinated attack:

Ursula will be on standby to discharge a Level 2 Ice Spike into the hostage takers head.

At the same time, me, Johan and maybe two more people will blast Rain with healing, maybe even Spectral Armor, restoring her to full Health.

The remaining two squad members will look for additional enemies and attack them with magic, at the same time.

Once the brawl starts, me and Ursula will close in on Rain at mach one.
Ursula will keep the hostage taker busy, while I extract Rain and undo her bindings.

The final stage of the plan is Fight or Flight.
Depending on the enemy numbers and strength, we will either Scan the toughest looking ones, disperse and engade, while topling trees on them and whatever else we have in our inventory.

Or we run, making sure they can't follow quickly enough. Use gas and flash grenades if you still have them, maybe topple a few trees as we run.

Does everyone agree with the plan? Should we make adjustments?"

Kaylee asked, looking at everyone.

"I'll swap Shield for Healing then" Rogue nods and does the thing.

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:// Hey guys, just a quick hepothetical question =)
If there was a mini-rp in the future, where everyone played as a group of new, villain characters, would you want to go through with it?

Like a mini-prequel rp, just like the nightmare night rp earlier, but everyone plays a villain.
Would you be theoretically up for it?

I haven't planned anything concrete yet, but was wandering if I should start? =)
>=)

// Sounds good, and depending on the time frame it is set in, I might still be able to use my current character

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:

"Traps" Kaylee snapped her fingers in realization: "We set up traps along our escape route. Old fashioned, classic, use the environment. Trip ropes maybe, falling trees, stuff like that.
It won't harm a parasite but it will slow him down. And I doubt the enemy will follow us all the way to the village. There's a lot of Witchers guarding the convoy. If the enemy gets too close, it will end badly for them"

She nodded to herself and looked at you:
"Alright, if our plan is ready, lets pick our new spells and set out. If we take too long, I'm worried the hostage taker will start to suspect that something is up"

"I can set up some of the traps" Rogue suggests.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum