The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Digital Waltz - Part 2

+2
Dan One
Disgruntled purple
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 32]

276Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Mon 25 Dec - 9:22

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

"Killing innocents?" Emerald asked, still twirling in place as the hologram danced around her:
"I haven't killed anyone yet. The stations are being evacuated by Union forces, I'm sure they'll make it in time.
...You work at an air force base, close to Adelheid, don't you Naomi? I bet your colleagues are assisting in the evacuation. Don't you trust your colleages?"

She continued to dance. Even in a combat situation, she still gave it her all. The dance would look mesmerizing, if it wasn't subconsciously associated with
a barrage of missiles flying somewhere.
You make a mental note that the giant machine that rampaged through the base, was no where in sight at the moment.

"I could delay the missile strikes. But the longer I stall, the more chance of the Digital Waltz, shooting my missiles down.
And if a single communication station survives, the next time you see Twilight or Kaylee, maybe one of them will run a knife in your heart, because their families were threatened.

You don't want to put them into that situation, do you?"

Emerald smiled slightly: "I know it feels like I'm leveling the city, but Adelheid covers a vast area, over 2000 square kilometers. It can take a few small pokes and survive.
I'm sure there will be some chaos and the economy will suffer, but, well, we're in the business of saving lives, not saving money.
The lesser evil will be to prevent further blackmail and torture. If the economy falls, so be it. I'm sure it will recover.
What you can't recover.. is more people being shoved into prosthetic bodies... that process.. is irreversible.."

Emerald sighed, before continuing: "The Opera House is located deep underground.

The missiles can't penetrate that far. But even if you could destroy the Opera House,
you wouldn't want to.
It is a massive bunker, packed with sensitive information. Information like, the identities of the Opera Seven. Or something that can lead to their discovery.

Blowing up the Opera House, will ensure their escape. Their identities will not be discovered and they will go unpunished, for the ugly crimes they have done."

Emerald smiled: "I'm not interested in control or power. I never was. I just want my life back" her expression slowly began turning grave. Dangerous.

"...I had a life, once. I made plans for the future. I had dreams.
Dancing was the only thing I cared about. To stand on a brightly lit stage. To be noticed by thousands and mesmerize the crowd. To be lost in the music and rhythm.
To show them what happens, when art and technique are combined. How a few moments of watching a performer on stage, can change the mood of the crowd completely"

Her expression slowly changed, a deep seeded saddness reflecting behind her eyes:

"...to captivate the hearts of thousands, in a single moment. To make them feel happiness. To drag them away from the mundane day to day life, and show them something beautiful. Something.. magical.

That's what I lived for"

Emerald slowly and bitterly scowled: "That is the life that was stolen from me!

The Digital Waltz robbed me of my future! Robbed me of any hope, to have a semblance of a normal life.

...I can't feel the warmth of the sun on my cheeks. I can't feel the touch of the person I love. The taste of sweat food and berries.
I can't even feel physical pain, if I decided to hurt myself" she bitterly smiled:

"I'm stuck in this... robot.. shell... turned into a puppet and destined to suffer, until I decide to take my own life..

I can't have my life back.." she quietly whispered:

"...but I can make sure, that people who did this to me... will pay... and they will pay dearly..."

An extremely dangerous, unsettling light appeared in her eyes. A cold, silent anger, that must have burned in her heart for decades, began to slowly show on her face.

"Revenge is the only thing I care about" she quietly said: "I will destroy the Opera Seven, for what they did to me. For what they did to thousands like me,
who are still locked in the Labyrinth. Suffering. Crying. Calling for help, and no one will listen!

So forgive me, if I don't give a damn, about economy. Thousands of people are being tortured, by blackmail or Neurochips. I will put a stop to it. Today"

Emerald looked right into your eyes: "You can fix the economy. But you can't fix me.
Once a person is locked in a prosthetic body, its over"

Emerald frowned: "I am the voice of those who have suffered. I am their sword.

Those missiles will hit. If you want to prevent casualties, help coordinate the evacuation. Call in a few favors. Ask friends to assist.
The more people help with the evacuation, the more chance of getting everyone out."

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

277Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Mon 25 Dec - 9:23

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Twilight)

Kaylee knelt down next to Twilight and smiled: "I'm sure it was fine"

She nodded to you in determination: "We better prepare for combat. As soon as the communication falls, we'll move out. Strike the Opera House, hard and fast, before they get a chance to muster their defense"

"My weapon is still in my office on the second floor" Councilor Mercer suddenly called: "I'll get it fast and catch up with you"

"Madam Councilor?" Kaylee asked.

Mercer slightly frowed with a smile: "I was a soldier you know" her expression slowly became more serious: "I couldn't oppose the Digital Waltz before.
But I can now. I'm not sitting this one out. I have a responsibility to protect the people of this world. It is my job as a Councilor.
I won't be able to do that from an office"

She gravely looked at the floor: "Besides... they threatened my daughter... I am not okay with that.. one.. bit.."

278Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Mon 25 Dec - 18:47

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

She stands quietly in front of Emerald for a few seconds before turning around, "let's go guys we have work to do..." she says strapping her bow to her back and brushing shoulders with Frost and Arnold as she walks through the middle of the group.

279Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 26 Dec - 1:49

Dan One

Dan One

//Merry Christmas everyone!

280Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 26 Dec - 1:59

Dan One

Dan One

"I don't trust anyone" Naomi spat "And I don't care about your dreams. So you can take your social justice bull and shove it up-

There is the sudden pull of magic as Naomi as suddenly tilted on her back heels and physically dragged across the floor. The sudden jerk in movement cutting her off

"Time to put this conversation on ice" Frost's hands glow as the magic chains wrap around Naomi "Let's leave Emerald to her revenge. It's clear we're going to be cleaning up a mess no matter what happens. So let's do it with clear heads instead of yelling at each other ok?"

"But, she's clearly putting lives in danger" Naomi tries to protest as she struggles against the magic

"Yes, she is. She's making the worlds biggest omelet and she's prepared to break the entire fucking egg aisle. So like I just said. Let's get out of her and prepare for the cleanup."  Frost doesn't release the magical field until both her and Naomi are out the door and about 20 meter's accross the front lot

281Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 26 Dec - 2:26

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"Its true... lives are in danger and it's out job to keep them alive..." Rain says, "Crazy or not the missiles are already launched and she is a machine... I've fought enough machines I would rather not fight another." She sighs, "so... we are leaving to help with the evac."

282Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 26 Dec - 13:49

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

The Mage and The Mechanic wrote:"I don't trust anyone" Naomi spat "And I don't care about your dreams. So you can take your social justice bull and shove it up-

There is the sudden pull of magic as Naomi as suddenly tilted on her back heels and physically dragged across the floor. The sudden jerk in movement cutting her off

"Time to put this conversation on ice" Frost's hands glow as the magic chains wrap around Naomi "Let's leave Emerald to her revenge. It's clear we're going to be cleaning up a mess no matter what happens. So let's do it with clear heads instead of yelling at each other ok?"

"But, she's clearly putting lives in danger" Naomi tries to protest as she struggles against the magic

"Yes, she is. She's making the worlds biggest omelet and she's prepared to break the entire fucking egg aisle. So like I just said. Let's get out of her and prepare for the cleanup."  Frost doesn't release the magical field until both her and Naomi are out the door and about 20 meter's accross the front lot

"And thawing said conversation right back again" Rogue says firmly as he pulls up a barricade of crystals in front of Frost to stop her and the others leaving, "Just turning the other cheek because it's the easier option's how our civilisation got in this whole mess in the first place!"

283Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 26 Dec - 14:00

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Everyone)

"Killing innocents?" Emerald asked, still twirling in place as the hologram danced around her:
"I haven't killed anyone yet. The stations are being evacuated by Union forces, I'm sure they'll make it in time.
...You work at an air force base, close to Adelheid, don't you Naomi? I bet your colleagues are assisting in the evacuation. Don't you trust your colleages?"

She continued to dance. Even in a combat situation, she still gave it her all. The dance would look mesmerizing, if it wasn't subconsciously associated with
a barrage of missiles flying somewhere.
You make a mental note that the giant machine that rampaged through the base, was no where in sight at the moment.

"I could delay the missile strikes. But the longer I stall, the more chance of the Digital Waltz, shooting my missiles down.
And if a single communication station survives, the next time you see Twilight or Kaylee, maybe one of them will run a knife in your heart, because their families were threatened.

You don't want to put them into that situation, do you?"

Emerald smiled slightly: "I know it feels like I'm leveling the city, but Adelheid covers a vast area, over 2000 square kilometers. It can take a few small pokes and survive.
I'm sure there will be some chaos and the economy will suffer, but, well, we're in the business of saving lives, not saving money.
The lesser evil will be to prevent further blackmail and torture. If the economy falls, so be it. I'm sure it will recover.
What you can't recover.. is more people being shoved into prosthetic bodies... that process.. is irreversible.."

Emerald sighed, before continuing: "The Opera House is located deep underground.

The missiles can't penetrate that far. But even if you could destroy the Opera House,
you wouldn't want to.
It is a massive bunker, packed with sensitive information. Information like, the identities of the Opera Seven. Or something that can lead to their discovery.

Blowing up the Opera House, will ensure their escape. Their identities will not be discovered and they will go unpunished, for the ugly crimes they have done."

Emerald smiled: "I'm not interested in control or power. I never was. I just want my life back" her expression slowly began turning grave. Dangerous.

"...I had a life, once. I made plans for the future. I had dreams.
Dancing was the only thing I cared about. To stand on a brightly lit stage. To be noticed by thousands and mesmerize the crowd. To be lost in the music and rhythm.
To show them what happens, when art and technique are combined. How a few moments of watching a performer on stage, can change the mood of the crowd completely"

Her expression slowly changed, a deep seeded saddness reflecting behind her eyes:

"...to captivate the hearts of thousands, in a single moment. To make them feel happiness. To drag them away from the mundane day to day life, and show them something beautiful. Something.. magical.

That's what I lived for"

Emerald slowly and bitterly scowled: "That is the life that was stolen from me!

The Digital Waltz robbed me of my future! Robbed me of any hope, to have a semblance of a normal life.

...I can't feel the warmth of the sun on my cheeks. I can't feel the touch of the person I love. The taste of sweat food and berries.
I can't even feel physical pain, if I decided to hurt myself" she bitterly smiled:

"I'm stuck in this... robot.. shell... turned into a puppet and destined to suffer, until I decide to take my own life..

I can't have my life back.." she quietly whispered:

"...but I can make sure, that people who did this to me... will pay... and they will pay dearly..."

An extremely dangerous, unsettling light appeared in her eyes. A cold, silent anger, that must have burned in her heart for decades, began to slowly show on her face.

"Revenge is the only thing I care about" she quietly said: "I will destroy the Opera Seven, for what they did to me. For what they did to thousands like me,
who are still locked in the Labyrinth. Suffering. Crying. Calling for help, and no one will listen!

So forgive me, if I don't give a damn, about economy. Thousands of people are being tortured, by blackmail or Neurochips. I will put a stop to it. Today"

Emerald looked right into your eyes: "You can fix the economy. But you can't fix me.
Once a person is locked in a prosthetic body, its over"

Emerald frowned: "I am the voice of those who have suffered. I am their sword.

Those missiles will hit. If you want to prevent casualties, help coordinate the evacuation. Call in a few favors. Ask friends to assist.
The more people help with the evacuation, the more chance of getting everyone out."

Rogue then turns to Emerald, dispelling his forcefield armour. "And what if some people don't get out in time, can you live with that too?" he asks her "You're right, your current prosthetic body can't feel temperature, touch, or pain, but that's only because those capabilities, sensors that can detect them, weren't fitted to you. The Digital Waltz, or the Opera Seven, or whatever they're calling themselves, didn't think you needed them.

They forged you into a slave, just like the masters did to the batponies, but just like some of the batponies, you threw off your shackles and stood up to them, and just like with some of the batponies, your actions'll potentially kill innocent people who got caught in the way.

You've lost so much, they've taken so much from you, when they made you their own, did they take away your humanity too?

We don't want you to stop completely, the economy can be reduced to us just trading goats for everything if that's what it takes, but think of what makes you more than those who wronged you, what still makes you yours instead of theirs. You have the ability to find some way to take out those targets without taking innocents with them, if you only continued to stand up for who you want to be and use what you still have, instead of what they've made you into."

284Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 26 Dec - 18:00

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"What other choice do we have frost" she crosses her arms, "the more time we waste here the higher the chance of people dying, what are we going to do? Stop 217 missiles that have already been launched?!" She shakes her head, "stopping just one won't save lives it's ruining a plan and possibly killing innocents just to stop an explosion while 216 more go off." She sighs, "Its NOT the easier option it's the smart one... and the longer you sit here looking for pointless answers to pointless questions the less time we have to save the people of this city and the more chance of us getting caught in the crossfire, so can we please stop talking and move our asses... killing emerald won't solve a problem it'll just make another one worse and then we have even less time to deal with the situation."

285Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 26 Dec - 18:20

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Angelo, Arnold)

"I know what you want to say, sir." Arnold said solemnly to Rogue. "But that's not the choice we have anymore. Now it's time to make sure people get out alive. In less then 4 minutes, those buildings have to be empty. So get to work, make sure no one dies unneccisarily due to your inactivity."

He picks a phone in one hand, his axe in another, and began hewing away while trying to call.

Angelo picked out his device, beginning to search. "I have no contacts, but I can find the numbers of the companies to call." He gets to work searching them up.

(Twilight)

She smiles at Mercer, cracking her joints. "It will be nice to move again after sitting still for so long. My head's still hurt, but I'll live. Glad to have some capable people fighting here."

She then takes out a smoke, ready to light it. "No one minds if I light one, right?"

286Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 26 Dec - 19:58

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Rain_Runner wrote:"What other choice do we have frost" she crosses her arms, "the more time we waste here the higher the chance of people dying, what are we going to do? Stop 217 missiles that have already been launched?!" She shakes her head, "stopping just one won't save lives it's ruining a plan and possibly killing innocents just to stop an explosion while 216 more go off." She sighs, "Its NOT the easier option it's the smart one... and the longer you sit here looking for pointless answers to pointless questions the less time we have to save the people of this city and the more chance of us getting caught in the crossfire, so can we please stop talking and move our asses... killing emerald won't solve a problem it'll just make another one worse and then we have even less time to deal with the situation."

"No you don't understand" Rogue sighs "I'm not saying we destroy the missiles, because they're right, we need to take out those sites to blind the Electronic Foxtrot. And nowhere did i say we should kill Emerald, where did you even get that?"

Rogue indicates back to Emerald "There must be some way to give the evacuators more time, without comprimising the missile strike, like making them invisible to counter-strike missile computers or something else, and Emerald and Madelyn have the processing ability of two supercomputers to do it, along with us."

Last edited by Rogue Fire on Tue 26 Dec - 20:15; edited 4 times in total

287Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 26 Dec - 20:03

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Blue, blonde and purple wrote:(Angelo, Arnold)

"I know what you want to say, sir." Arnold said solemnly to Rogue. "But that's not the choice we have anymore. Now it's time to make sure people get out alive. In less then 4 minutes, those buildings have to be empty. So get to work, make sure no one dies unneccisarily due to your inactivity."

He picks a phone in one hand, his axe in another, and began hewing away  while trying to call.

Angelo picked out his device, beginning to search. "I have no contacts, but I can find the numbers of the companies to call." He gets to work searching them up.

(Twilight)

She smiles at Mercer, cracking her joints. "It will be nice to move again after sitting still for so long. My head's still hurt, but I'll live. Glad to have some capable people fighting here."

She then takes out a smoke, ready to light it. "No one minds if I light one, right?"

"We only fail when we give up" Rogue says, pulling down the crystal wall for Arnold "You and Ice Queen have just accepted it, like there's no choices except the one that's already been played. There's little we can do out there that'll help get those people out faster than the authorities already can, but in here, we have the opportunity and knowledge to make a real difference."

288Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 26 Dec - 21:08

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

Emerald's expression gradually grew grim, as she quietly listened. After a while, she calmly spoke:

"Yes, I can delay some of the missile strikes. Hack into security cameras, make sure the buildings are  empty, before they are hit.
And the missiles posses relative maneuverability. If the Waltz tries to shoot them down, I can attempt to take evasive action. Maybe I will even succeed."

Her expression grew extremely bitter, as angry tears began to appear in her eyes:

"But why should I go out of my way, and risk everything, for these people.

You heard Naomi.
She doesn't give a damn about me. Or those locked in the Labyrinth. We had to force her, to help.

Do you know how many people like her, exist in this world? Cold. Selfish. Unwilling to show empathy.
I could lie injured in a ditch and call out for help, and she would walk - right - by - because it doesn't concern her, or affect her pretty little life"

Angry, bitter tears began slowly falling down Emeralds cheeks, as she gritted her teeth:

"I stayed locked in the Labyrinth for 44 years, suffering, crying, together with thousands of others... thousands... hoping for mercy, begging, for someone to help us...

Tomas, wasn't the first to discover the bunkers. There were others. Over the decades, there were, many, others.
And Not One, Lifted a Finger, Or Gave a Shit, About What Happened to Us"

Bitters tears were rolling down her cheeks and she briefly shut her eyes tight:

"It didn't concern them. It wasn't their problem. So why bother, going out of their way, to at least TRY to do SOMETHING!

I BEGGED THEM FOR HELP! I CRIED! AND THEY LEFT ME TO SUFFER! WENT BACK TO THE SURFACE AND PRETENDED NOT TO SEE ANYTHING!!!"

Emerald angrily barked: "Why the hell should I go out of my way, to save these people, when they would never do the same for me?!"

289Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 26 Dec - 21:32

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Twilight)

Kaylee fidgets in place, shyly rubbing her fingers: "..is it okay if you.. waited a bit?.. I'm asthmatic. Smoke really plays a number on me"

290Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 26 Dec - 21:51

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Everyone)

Emerald's expression gradually grew grim, as she quietly listened. After a while, she calmly spoke:

"Yes, I can delay some of the missile strikes. Hack into security cameras, make sure the buildings are  empty, before they are hit.
And the missiles posses relative maneuverability. If the Waltz tries to shoot them down, I can attempt to take evasive action. Maybe I will even succeed."

Her expression grew extremely bitter, as angry tears began to appear in her eyes:

"But why should I go out of my way, and risk everything, for these people.

You heard Naomi.
She doesn't give a damn about me. Or those locked in the Labyrinth. We had to force her, to help.

Do you know how many people like her, exist in this world? Cold. Selfish. Unwilling to show empathy.
I could lie injured in a ditch and call out for help, and she would walk - right - by - because it doesn't concern her, or affect her pretty little life"

Angry, bitter tears began slowly falling down Emeralds cheeks, as she gritted her teeth:

"I stayed locked in the Labyrinth for 44 years, suffering, crying, together with thousands of others... thousands... hoping for mercy, begging, for someone to help us...

Tomas, wasn't the first to discover the bunkers. There were others. Over the decades, there were, many, others.
And Not One, Lifted a Finger, Or Gave a Shit, About What Happened to Us"

Bitters tears were rolling down her cheeks and she briefly shut her eyes tight:

"It didn't concern them. It wasn't their problem. So why bother, going out of their way, to at least TRY to do SOMETHING!

I BEGGED THEM FOR HELP! I CRIED! AND THEY LEFT ME TO SUFFER! WENT BACK TO THE SURFACE AND PRETENDED NOT TO SEE ANYTHING!!!"

Emerald angrily barked: "Why the hell should I go out of my way, to save these people, when they would never do the same for me?!"

"I don't know how many cold people are in the world, but i do know that there're also just as many, if not more, warm people out there too, who'd do anything to help those in need. You can't judge the entire population of Adelheid by the few people who found you and then sat back and did nothing, the people in the target zones might be the warmer variety, rather than the colder" Rogue says, "People can do stupid, out-of-character things when they're scared or confused, people can be cruel and uncaring when they're rich or safe. People don't always do the right thing, but they also don't always do the wrong thing.

You claim to want to stop the Digital Waltz for revenge, Emerald, but why? Why do you want to defeat them, and go to such effort to do so? You've already escaped their clutches, so what's it to you if the Opera Seven take over the world, and enslave everyone else? With your abilities, you could quite easily hide from them for the rest of your life, so why do you come back into their eye to confront them, and risk your life? If not to save those very people you're targeting, then what? Jealousy, do you want to be the only one with your abilities, and kill all the other ones like you in the bunker? You've tried to minimise casualties elsewhere, with the tear gas. Is revenge worth becoming someone that ruins other innocent lives, just like the Digital Waltz did to yours? Yes, they must be stopped, and it's almost certain that people'll die, of that there is no doubt, but what marks you and us out from them, is that we try to prevent avoidable deaths, whilst they just don't care.

People that found you before gave you up, but we find you now, and we will help you in any way we can, and we will see this through to the end with you, so help us out in return, and give us an option."

Last edited by Rogue Fire on Tue 26 Dec - 22:11; edited 2 times in total

291Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 26 Dec - 22:02

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Twilight)

"Oh, sorry, I'll wait until we're outside." She sheepishly smiles as she puts it away.

(Angelo, Arnold)

Arnold gave a sigh, then walked over and gave a hit to the back of Rogue's head. "Quiet. This is not the moment for ideals and preaching. So get to work, or leave this to the adults." His tone is grave and heavy, he's clearly not happy about it.

292Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 26 Dec - 23:06

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

Emerald remained silent, quietly looking at you for a very long time. A whole minute must have ticked by, before she looked away and gave a slight nod:

"...alright. I will delay the missiles. If the need arises" she turned, looking up at the giant screen on the wall:

"...I'll keep monitoring the security cameras in the target areas. I will delay the strikes, until everyone evacuates"

She snapped her fingers and a blue hologram briefly materializing over her palm: "...I sent the Opera House coordinates to your phones. Memorize its location. Once the communication falls, you will have to reach it, without the help of a GPS.

We will rondevu there... with Clopin.. Twilight, Kaylee and Councilor Mercer. They have been briefed on the situation and agreed to help.

The hostage situation was a ruse, by the way. Clopin was never going to harm them, even if you refused to cooperate.
He had to put on a show for the Digital Waltz. Act as a mad man, who's willing to murder the hostages, just to get his way.

It was the only way to stop Kaylee and Mercer from being black mailed. The Waltz can't order them around, if they've been taken hostage. I guess that's about everything we hid from you"

Facing the monitor, she slowly raised her hand and placed it over her heart. Her expression was pained. Conflicted:
"...what is this feeling.." she whispered, more to herself.

293Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 26 Dec - 23:29

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

// Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas ^^

294Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 26 Dec - 23:57

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain stands by the door and clears her throat, "I expected as much..." she huffs waiting for the group already reading the location of the opera house over and over in her head, I think it's best we discuss this as we leave loves..." she crosses her arms and Taos her foot impatiently.

295Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Wed 27 Dec - 0:18

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"It is always the time for ideals, so let the adults keep talking" Rogue replies to Arnold, looking at him calmly.

"Thank you" Rogue then nods to Emerald, "We won't let you down. If it helps at all, we can try to slow down the Silicon Discoteckers. What is the ETA of those missiles? And what methods will they use to try and track and intercept the missiles?"

296Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Wed 27 Dec - 0:23

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

// Merry Christmas to all

297Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Wed 27 Dec - 22:21

Dan One

Dan One

(Frost)
A giggle was cut short by Frost as she barely manages to contain her response to Emerald telling the group the hostage situation was a ruse.

"Your joke killed my friend" she said in a voice that sounded way to happy

298Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 29 Dec - 11:19

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"A good number of people have died both today and over the previous years, and there is nothing we can do to change that" Rogue says to Frost "We can only try and make sure that no more lives are lost by finishing this."

299Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 29 Dec - 18:50

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Angelo, Arnold)

"You mean limit the casualties." Angelo said. "There's no guarantee everyone will survive. If that's your outlook, then you'll keep being dissapointed." He writes down the coordinates on a piece of paper. He then puts it away.

"So how big is the gamble if we do the time delay? Has that been accounted for?"

300Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 29 Dec - 21:47

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Rain Runner wrote:I think it's best we discuss this as we leave loves..." she crosses her arms and Taos her foot impatiently.

"Right" Madelyn quietly nodded: "The sooner we reach the Opera House, the less time they will have to muster a defense"

Rogue Fire wrote:What is the ETA of those missiles? And what methods will they use to try and track and intercept the missiles?"
Angelo wrote:"how big is the gamble if we do the time delay? Has that been accounted for?"

"46 seconds before the first missiles hit" Emerald quietly said: "The Waltz will likely track them by tapping into the local military radar.
Robots with Plumes of Dusk and jetpacks, will later be used to shoot down the missiles.

The gamble varies from target to target. If a hostile begins approaching the missile, I can attempt some evasive actions but my options are limited. It is a problematic situation. I will do what I can" She looked away, visibly struggling with her emotions.

Frost wrote:A giggle was cut short by Frost as she barely manages to contain her response to Emerald telling the group the hostage situation was a ruse.

"Your joke killed my friend" she said in a voice that sounded way to happy

"...a joke?.." Emerald slowly turned her head, locking eyes with Frost. Her expression slowly became dangerous, openly hostile:

"A Joke?" she gritted her teeth: "...saving Madelyn... exposing the Waltz... freeing the victims in the Labyrinth... stopping a Councilor from being blackmailed into committing a war crime...
You believe that's a joke?..."

She jumped several meters into the air, landing closer to the group and leaving a few cracks in the floor. She rose and began walking towards Frost:

"...Serena was a government agent... and like all agents, she was sworn into protecting the interests of her country and safeguarding its people.

She was doing her job, when she died. She was safeguarding Madelyn. She was opposing the Waltz, she was fighting to liberate the victims in the Labyrinth, and the Waltz killed her for it. That's what she died for.

Her actions made a difference"

Emerald stopped, about a meter away from Frost, scowling:

"...by calling this a joke, you're not just insulting me, your insulting her memory.

What Serena did, it mattered. It mattered to me"

As she went quiet, a series of distant explosions rocked the sky. With each passing moment, another and another rang somewhere in the distance. Some closer, others very far.
Emerald maintained an eye contact with Frost, until several minutes later, the last explosion echoed somewhere, far in the city.

"...its done" Emerald said in a colorless voice: "The communications in the Adelheid region are down.
The only thing left to do, is jam every radio frequency in the spectrum. We can't have the Waltz using their radio"

She pressed her hand into an earpiece over her ear and called:

"Wrecker. Do it"

For a while, nothing happened. Then, on the edge of your senses, you began hearing a muffled, distant sound of heavy machinery, somewhere extremely high over the city.

Several moments pass, before you recognized the sound of a heavy cargo plane, flying somewhere above. A tiny streak of white, far in the sky, indicated its position.

"This is Wrecker" a vaguely familiar voice echoed out of the radios: "Looks pretty grim down there. The Jammer is prepped and ready for activation"

He briefly paused, before continuing:
"Sounds like there's some familiar faces down there. Would want to catch up, but we gotta bring down the curtain on this digital control business.
I'm bringing the radios down.

Good luck down there. And don't fuckin' die on me, ya hear?
"

His radio switched off. Several moments passed and then a steady stream of static began to echo from everyone's earpiece.

Madelyn switched hers off, looked at everyone and nodded: "Lets go"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum