The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Digital Waltz - Part 2

+2
Dan One
Disgruntled purple
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 32]

326Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 5 Jan - 17:45

Dan One

Dan One

(Frost)
The air around the group grows slightly colder as Frost begins to conjure an ice spell.

"Seems they've sent a scout" She mutters quietly "Let's take it down"

(Naomi)
Naomi takes a step back, her fists raised.

327Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 5 Jan - 18:18

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Burner blinks and steps back. Her back to the group, "...did we call the elevator," she snaps her fingers lighting a tube under her wrist. With a flick of her hand a trigger falls into place. She seems to have gone onto instant high alert, "well watching me might be the least of your concerns."

Rain knocks an arrow and gets on one knee putting the sunglasses on.

328Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 5 Jan - 18:19

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Everyone)

Rogue Fire wrote:"D'you think these lead down to the Opera House?" Rogue asks as he levitates up to the ventilation duct and shines an illumination spell between the bars to spy beyond "They look too narrow for any of us to crawl through, but a small drone, cable camera, or one of us with a miniaturisation spell could go down and scope out the area before we head in, give us an idea of what we'll be facing, identify any potential traps and such?"

"They likely lead to the Opera House, yeah" Emerald said, looking up: "I don't believe we'll be able to utilize a drone though.

All wireless communication is being jammed, we won't be able to use anything remote controlled.

A wired camera should work though"

Rogue Fire wrote:"what's the plan from here? Do we all go down together all at once, but leave ourselves without any cavalry to back us up or cover our retreat if things get ugly? Or do we split into two teams and leave one team either up here or at the base exit to watch our flank and potentially monitor said drone spy, and send the other team on ahead, but leave that team undermanned?"

Emerald remained quiet for a moment. When she looked at everyone, her expression was grave:

"...there can be no retreat.

The Waltz will not allow another opportunity like this.

We win. Or we die. That's the mindset we have to go in with.
Anything less, any hesitation or weakness on our part and the Waltz will exploit it immediately"

Emerald's expression was grim: "..you must understand. The current communications blackout, won't last indefinitely. The Waltz is already taking steps to restore communication with its subjects.

Once that happens, your allies will suddenly turn into enemies, when their families will become threatened. Everything will fall into chaos.
The Digital Waltz will reassert control and it will be over. We cannot let that happen.

Our friends, our family, our parents and children, will be condemned to a life of horror.

We have one shot to stop this and a narrow window of opportunity. We can't waste it"

She paused briefly, looking at the elevator:

"I believe we should attack en mass, with everything we've got.

But we can't wait for the other group either. If they appear soon, we'll go together. If they won't show before we head down there, we'll have to leave them a message and press onward. Hopefully they will join us down the line."

Burner wrote:Hay i know you! Your that dancer chick with the holograms! That gal who's down with the mafia or something you better warn those guys to take it down a notch because I'm getting big buck deals to burn that bar down with everyone in it... and as that list grows the more tempting it get" she says deathly serious.

Emerald zeroed in on Burner, with a very piercing stare:

"...I happened to like that bar... they were nice..." her expression began to turn into a scowl:

"If you torch that bar, or harm anyone in it... you're going to have a problem."

"Okaaaay, lets calm down a bit... yeah?" Madelyn raised her hands in a calming manner: "..we're on the same team here.. I'm sure nobody wants to harm innocents.."

Rogue Fire wrote:Come to think of it, who's actually in the other group? Who can we expect to show up?"

"My brother-" Emerald began: "-that's uhh, Clopin. Then, Twilight, Kaylee and Councilor Mercer.

Tomas was supposed to be here as well, but after the injury, he said he's going to watch over Oboro, Zarovee, Lei and Mira at the hospital, while this whole thing goes down"

Burner wrote:Burner zips up to arnold looking over his shoulder, "First you gotta catch me cape dude!" She says her head over hos shoulder. she quickly switches sides, "and I have been doing this 10 years so ggggooooodddd lucky lucky loo!" She purrs

The Spider Tank was quietly standing nearby, her red eyes slightly glowing in the dark and watching Burner:
"....wuaaahh.. I'm keeping my eye on you-cookie" she quietly said.

"Come on" Emerald waved her hand: "Lets focus on-" she cut herself off.

Another piercing shrieked echoed across the tunnel. This time, much closer.

Emerald ducked slightly, squinting into the thick darkness ahead.
Something was moving there, slowly, sluggishly, dragging its feet. A weird slapping sound could be heard, with each metalic step that echoed from the depths of the tunnel.

An outline of a humanoid shape began to appear, about a dozen meters away. It was completely obscured by the dark and you couldn't make out a single detail in its shape, but it was strangely leaning to one side, wobbling back and forth as it slowly limped forward.

A long, painful moan emitted out of its direction, as it doubled over, hunching and grabbing its head with its limbs. Something was very off about its shape. The way it moved, it was eerie, extremely unnatural and unsettling.

The moan continued, slowly growing into a metalic shriek. The shape rose its head, staring at you with a pair of red, glowing eyes and went silent.

Rogue aims the illumination spell at the creature to see what it looks like "So how long do we give them before we go...?"

329Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 5 Jan - 19:24

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Twilight)

Not wasting the moment, Twilight quickly points two fingers sparking with energy at the doorway. In the middle of it, a bright bang erupt, with soft lights and a soothing feeling, making everyone there rapidly drowsy and falling asleep.

After it, she dispelled the ffect on whatever ally she may have hit. "Sorry, area of effect spells do not exempt allies. Let's go!" She gets up, moving Towards the exit.

(Angelo, Arnold)

Angelo drew his blade "We give none. Go!"

Arnold grabs his shoulder. "Not yet. Ten seconds."

330Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 5 Jan - 19:32

Dan One

Dan One

(Frost)
"You're going to wait? Why? Give it a fair fight?" Frost's hands are brought up and the miniature blizzard in her hand vibrates violently. Looking about ready to fire of its own volition.

Last edited by The Mage and The Mechanic on Fri 5 Jan - 22:31; edited 1 time in total

331Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 5 Jan - 21:12

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Burners other hand spins a moment and the loud snapping of a tazer can be heard for a few seconds before she closes her hand and waits

Rain pushes up the sunglasses realizing the style isn't as important as surviving.

332Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 6 Jan - 7:01

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Angelo, Arnold)

Arnold took a deep breath. Then exhaled. "It's coming right for us!"

He too draws his weapon, ready to 'defend them'.

Angelo smirks, charging up his sword to enhance the strikes. "You heard him!"

333Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 6 Jan - 21:02

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Burner pauses only a moment before stepping forward she reaches to a pouch on her thigh and pulls out a road flare. She pulls the cap and strikes it flooding the tunnel with light. She tosses it down the tunnel to lighten their target, She pulls out another and ignites it and tosses it a few feet in front of her so it keeps their position well lit.

Last edited by Rain_Runner on Sun 7 Jan - 10:09; edited 1 time in total

334Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 6 Jan - 21:26

Dan One

Dan One

(Frost)
Frost dispells her blizzard then with a deep breath draws forth a lightning spell. The white line of electricity held briefly in her hand before thrown like a spear. The runes on her clothing flash briefly.

335Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sun 7 Jan - 11:15

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Twilight)

Stepping out of the room, you take a breath of fresh air. The events of this morning, when you first stepped through the door, now seemed like it happened a century ago.

The entire corridor was filled with police officers in heavy tactical gear. Armed to the teeth with cybernetics, breaching equippment and a wide variety of weapons.
There was well over two dozen of them, all laying asleep on the floor. Kaylee and Mercer visibly grimaced, as they were forced to slowly walk around them, taking care not to step on anyone.

The other hostages piled out, shortly thereafter.
Pretty quickly, only Clopin, Kaylee and Mercer remained.

"Meet you at the buildings exit" Mercer said: "I'm getting my sword from the office" she quickly sprinted down one of the corridors and disappeared behind a flight of stairs.

"...damn" Kaylee said quietly: "I don't think I've ever seen Mercer in combat. She retired from the military, close to a decade ago. Come on, we shouldn't linger"

She said, running toward the structures exit.
The Council Building looked almost abandoned now, very few lights lit up the corridors and you didn't run into any people.

Once you got outside, Kaylee pulled out a set of car keys and a simple looking, featureless blue car beeped in response from the parking lot.

"Lets go" she said, running toward it and falling behind the drivers seet. Clopin took one of the seats in the back and made himself look small and unnoticable.

Several moments later, Mercer showed up with a giant, two handed sword, over her shoulder. She leaned into the car and looked at Kaylee:

"Jeez, Captain, you want to take your car? Its probably gonna get wrecked later.."

"I'm trying not to think about it" Kaylee said, suppressing a grimace: "Thought we shouldn't hijack some poor mans vehicle. Would look bad if government officials
got spotted driving a stolen car. Bad for morale. Hey, stick the sword out in the back, should be room there."

"Right" Mercer nodded. Opening the passenger door at the back, she rapidly threw the sword on the floor, making Clopin flinch and pull up his feet.
Then Mercer took a seat next to him and pulled on a seat belt.

"Ready to go?" Kaylee called, looking at everyone: "Man, all that sitting around really did a number on me. Hopefully I haven't lost feeling in my prosthetic leg. I use it for the breaks pedal"

Clopin caught a horrified expression. Kaylee suppressed a small grin.

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

336Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sun 7 Jan - 11:16

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

"I don't believe we called the elevator yet" Madelyn said with worry, looking at the unforlding scene.
Her hand reaching behind her back and pulling out a gaint unfolding axe, from a hidden compartment on her back.

As the illuminating spell shined on the creature, you only had a brief moment to notice a twisted form of metal and unnaturally long limbs, before the creature vanished from view. As the fire and lighting washed over the area where it just stood, Madelyn began frantically twisting her head,
trying to zero in on the creature.

"THERE! ON THE CEILING!" Emerald yelled, extending a concealed blade from her arm.

You saw a bizarre silhouette of a humanoid creature, digging its razor sharp limbs into the ceiling and hanging there.
It moved eerily fast. It jumped away from the attack so fast, its movement barely registered.

As soon as you looked up at it again, it shrieked, clawing its way along the ceiling toward you and turning into a blur.
It was moving too fast, you still can't make out its shape.

Extremely abruptly, it pulled a sharp stop and looked right at you, with a pair of blood red colored eyes.

And a piercing flash of light suddenly envelopped the tunnel.

You go blind. Your eyes, more accustomed to the weak light in the tunnel, were suddenly assaulted by such a bright flash, it began to physically hurt.
You heard Madelyn scream out in pain and the frantic metal movement of the creature above.

"FLASH BULB!" Emerald yelled, her voice loudly echoing across the tunnel and distorting her exact location.

Everything looked white, wierd shapes and after images danced in your eyes, completely distoring everything in sight.

A massive metal shape suddenly and violently dropped down from the ceiling, pinning Burner to the ground.
You heard a flurry of razor sharp limbs, moving and slashing the ground around Burner.

Another deafening metal shriek emitted from their direction, echoing across the tunnel and distorting the sounds.

337Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sun 7 Jan - 11:24

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

// Hey guys, I'm sorry about the increasing delays lately.
The college sent me on a training session at the hospital, I've been working there from december.
The work schedule was really packet there, a lot of night shifts and such. It really drained me, that's why the delays >.<

Thankfully, the training period at the hospital is over, so I'm back to regular college studies.

The rp updates should be back to regular schedule now. I'll do my best to update at least once day.

Again, sorry for the delays guys Sad

Best wishes, hope everyone is doing well =) Take care and have a good week!

Maybe we can finally organize a little Team Fortress 2 game on the next weekend =D

338Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sun 7 Jan - 11:45

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Burners hand winds up not quite effected from the flash as the others due to the gas mask and some other unknown reason apart from her cybernetic eye. She gives a loud yelp as one of the blades lands right next to her head.

She slams the high voltage tazer against the monstrosity wracking it with an unknown voltage.

She growls as she stops one of the blades with her palm, She grips it tight and with a bit of a struggle begins to push back against the beast her other hand emitting a brutal amount of electricity the entire time. Enough so that it arcs off the blades and connects with the sharp metal welded on her arms, "You can't kill a fire that easy you... monster... thing, I've seen scaryer things then you in apartment building basements!" She begins to gain her footing as she wrestles the beast

339Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sun 7 Jan - 12:28

Dan One

Dan One

(Frost)
"Why? Why? WHY?" Frost screams stumbling back clutching at her eyes. "Damn science bull crap!"

(Naomi)
Naomi turns and dives on the button to call the elevator. Praying she didn't damage it with the amount of force she threw behind it.

340Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sun 7 Jan - 12:37

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

For some reason, the taser refused to work. Loud, visible sparks flew out of its end, but no real charge came out. A brief look at it, revealed a deep cut across its structure.
The creature must have stabbed it, as soon as it jumped down from the ceiling.

Sensing a struggle, the monster shrieked and backpedaled, violently jumping off and scrurrying into the dark.

During the fight, Burner caught a quick glimpse of it. The creature looked humanoid, with unnaturally long and razor sharp limbs. Its jaw, unproportionally large and filled with two rows of fangs.

"WHERE THE BLOODY HELL IS IT!?" You heard Emerald call, as she frantically looked around. Your vision was still heavily blurred, the after images distorting the environment.

A wierd sound echoed out of the tunnel and a small spike flew into Emeralds flashlight, plunging the tunnel into complete darkness.

The next second, the creatures silhouette flashed across the floor, slamming into Frost.
Knocking her off her feet, the creature raised its limbs, preparing to release a rapid series of slashes.

As Naomi pressed the elevator button, an old mechanism slowly came to life and began spinning. Its echo was distant and came from somewhere very deep below.

It sounds like the cargo elevator was starting to rise from the depths and toward your position. The process accompanied by a series of rusty clicks and eerie cluttering.

341Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sun 7 Jan - 12:48

Dan One

Dan One

(Frost)
With barely any time to react Frost acts on instinct letting her body do the driving. A violent torrent of ice and snow springs to life around the mare, creating a frozen barrier that would require the machine to risk damaging its own limbs in order to strike her. She still moves to make her self a smaller target in case the machine decides to strike anyways.

342Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sun 7 Jan - 13:21

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Twilight)

With the other seats taken, she took the position in the front. Then she lowered the window before lighting a smoke. An inhale, the a sigh of relief.

"Ah, I needed that... Let's drive, if the brakes are troublesome I'll deal with them."

(Angelo, Arnold)

Angelo covers his eyes, then activates the motion sensor in his left eye. With it, he looks to catch the moving enemy, and once it had slowed down near Frost, he moves to it and swings at it's limb.

343Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sun 7 Jan - 17:44

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

firelurner begins laughing as the beast bolts, "OH NO YOU DONT" she steps forward peppering it with fire her flamethrower casting dancing shadows around the complete darkness but lighting it up none the less. She quickly turns tward the side where the spike came from. She cranks up her flamethrower using a valve on her wrist and it's range extends, casting about 30 feet in front of her in hellfire.

Frost would feel the heat from the fire and the flames licking at her but blasting away at the beast, "BACK YOU BEAST!" She shreeks pressing forward after the almogomation of bringing the heat.

Last edited by Rain_Runner on Sun 7 Jan - 20:32; edited 1 time in total

344Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sun 7 Jan - 19:38

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Everyone)

"I don't believe we called the elevator yet" Madelyn said with worry, looking at the unforlding scene.
Her hand reaching behind her back and pulling out a gaint unfolding axe, from a hidden compartment on her back.

As the illuminating spell shined on the creature, you only had a brief moment to notice a twisted form of metal and unnaturally long limbs, before the creature vanished from view. As the fire and lighting washed over the area where it just stood, Madelyn began frantically twisting her head,
trying to zero in on the creature.

"THERE! ON THE CEILING!" Emerald yelled, extending a concealed blade from her arm.

You saw a bizarre silhouette of a humanoid creature, digging its razor sharp limbs into the ceiling and hanging there.
It moved eerily fast. It jumped away from the attack so fast, its movement barely registered.

As soon as you looked up at it again, it shrieked, clawing its way along the ceiling toward you and turning into a blur.
It was moving too fast, you still can't make out its shape.

Extremely abruptly, it pulled a sharp stop and looked right at you, with a pair of blood red colored eyes.

And a piercing flash of light suddenly envelopped the tunnel.

You go blind. Your eyes, more accustomed to the weak light in the tunnel, were suddenly assaulted by such a bright flash, it began to physically hurt.
You heard Madelyn scream out in pain and the frantic metal movement of the creature above.

"FLASH BULB!" Emerald yelled, her voice loudly echoing across the tunnel and distorting her exact location.

Everything looked white, wierd shapes and after images danced in your eyes, completely distoring everything in sight.

A massive metal shape suddenly and violently dropped down from the ceiling, pinning Burner to the ground.
You heard a flurry of razor sharp limbs, moving and slashing the ground around Burner.

Another deafening metal shriek emitted from their direction, echoing across the tunnel and distorting the sounds.

"Whilst we're blinded we're ineffective against it, try to stay out of it's reach and be careful when you shoot to avoid friendly fire!" Rogue shouts over to the others, as he presses up against the wall, and begins pulling a cable camera out of his nose, which he'd been hiding in his nasal cavity, so he can lower it down the air vent and hopefully see what's going on down there before the lift shows up.

345Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Mon 8 Jan - 18:41

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Twilight)

"Its alright, I was kidding" Kaylee released a quiet giggle, as she hit the gas and the car slowly drove onto the open road.

It was the dead of night. You're not sure about the exact hour. Staying in a closed room with no windows had skewed the perception of time.
You could only see the night sky above, lit up by the countless lights of the city. The skyscrapers that lined both sides of the road, towered above you, lighting the streets in warm, blue and orange colors.

Clopin was quietly calling directions from the back seat and Kaylee followed them, looking at the road ahead with a hopeful expression.

After a while she looked at you: "..you gonna hurt your lungs dude" she quietly called, with a small, caring smile:
"..if you knew what that stuff does to your lungs" she said, looking at the cigarette.

"Take a right here" Clopin called from the backseat: "Inside that construction site"

"..just drive right in?" Kaylee asked, squinting through the dark and switching to far reaching headlights.

"Yeah.." Clopin said, leaning forward in his seat: "There should be a tunnel"

"....yea, I see it" Kaylee called. The car made a turn and started driving through uneven ground and dirt, as it entered the construction site. A few moments later, Kaylee made a turn and drove inside a massive tunnel.

"Be careful" Clopin said: "The elevator to the Opera House is a few hundred meters ahead"

"Right" Kaylee nodded: "Weapons out. Prepare for combat" she said, as the car began making its way through the tunnels darkness.

After several moments, you began to see haphazard flashes of light, further ahead. Bizarre shadows danced over the walls and someone was yelling.

"..what's happening down there" Kaylee leaned forward, squinting ahead.

"The other group" Clopin called with worry: "They must already be here. They must have encountered resistance! Step on it!"

"Roger" Kaylee floored the gas pedal and the car jerked, accelerating further ahead.

A bizarre silhouette suddenly appeared, a hundred meters away from the car. A twisted, burning, mess of metal and claws. It was shrieking and sprinting right at you.

"Scheisse!" Kaylee muttered, hitting the brakes hard. As the car stopped, she reached down and pulled out a long, unfolding knife, from a hidden compartment in her prosthetic leg.

Opening her seat belt, she opened the door and stepped out of the car.

Last edited by Kaylee Brown on Mon 8 Jan - 18:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

346Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Mon 8 Jan - 18:41

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

Lowering the camera into the air vent, you spot an eerily long ventilation tunnel. It descended vertically and must have stretched down for hundreds of meters. The bottom is too low to be seen, completely obscured by the darkness.

As the flames washed over the tunnel, the enemy creature caught fire and emitted a long, piercing shriek. Its entire chassis was instantly set ablaze, sending frightening shadows across the tunnel.

Wiping itself into a frenzy, the monster lashed out at Frost, sending a continuous series of stabbing attacks, right through the barrier of ice and snow.

One of its arms was knocked to the side by Angelo. The other became rapidly covered with ice, but the creature still lashed out, violently twisting and shrieking, attempting to reach Frost.

Its fangs began snapping right over Frosts face. Its frozen arm began stabbing the floor around her, until it pierced Frosts shoulder.
The creature bared its jagged teeth and prepared to bite into Frosts neck.

A split second later, a giant axe suddenly swooped the creature off the floor and sent it violently crashing into the tunnel wall.
Madelyn spinned around herself, carried by the momentum, then readied the axe for another swing and sprinted at the creature.

The monster rolled over and rose to its feet, taking a twisted, hunched over stance. Its chassis was still on fire. The damaged and frozen hands were moving slower than before, turning its movements more sluggish.

Its head suddenly jerked away from you and stared in the direction of the tunnels entrance, where you had previously entered.

A roar of a fast moving car was echoing from that direction. A pair of head lights began shining in the distance.

"...a car?.. what the hell" Madelyn squinted, trying to make out the shape of the approaching vehicle.

The creature suddenly shrieked and sunk its claws into its own chest. Pulling hard in opposite directions, the creature violently tore its chest open, revealing a large hidden compartment inside.
It was filled with wires and small packages of something yellow.

The monster shrieked and charged right at the car. The yellow packages in its chest suddenly beeped and projected a red light.

"BOMB!!!" Madelyn shrieked, trying to chase after the creature.

The car that was driving through the tunnel began slowing down. The driver vividly noticing the nearing chaos.

The creature was sprinting right at it. Its claws violently slashing the air and jaws loudly snapping.

The car pulled a sharp stop, one of the doors opened and Kaylee stepped out of the drivers seat:
"...what the hell" she called, her voice softly echoing over the tunnel.

Madelyn's eyes widened. She gritted her teeth and emitted a long yell. Chasing after the creature, she began rapidly increasing speed, each step leaving a large crack in the pavement.

When she was only a few meters away, she jumped, slamming hard into the monster and pinning it into the ground.

The creature started violently twisting, trying to stab Madelyn with all four of its limbs. The red light on its chest started flashing more frequently. Madelyn roared, grabbing the thing over the torso and hurling it away from the car.

The next second, the monster exploded in a massive ball of flame, which swallowed Madelyn whole.

The blast released a deafening echo across the tunnel, making you briefly go deaf. The windows in the car shattered. Kaylee ducked and dived back into the vehicle.

For a while, all you could see was a massive ball of flame. Then everything slowly faded.

Your vision and hearing returned slowly. The silence that began engulfing the tunnel, became eerie.

Off in the distance, you saw Twilight, Kaylee, Clopin and Mercer, getting out of the car.

A dozen meters away from them, you saw Madelyn's body. She wasn't moving. Parts of her clothes were on fire.

347Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Mon 8 Jan - 20:44

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

She laughs as she watched the thing sprint off her ears perk high as she hears 'bomb' she tilts her head just watching. She blinks after it explodes and starts her way towards maddie, "I'm almost positive that she is fine. As long as she hasn't taken damage to her head she will most likely brush this off..." She clears her throat as she approaches maddie, "She is technically a rumba after all and I see those things get up from close range bomb attacks like... 70% of the time" she clears her throat as she pulls out a road flare and lights it so she can take a look at maddie damage.

Rain is stunned she has no idea what to think, "BURNER SHE JUST EXPLODED!" She yells giving chase.

348Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Mon 8 Jan - 21:50

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

As the light from the flare falls onto Maddie, a horrifying image comes into view. Your stomach involuntarily contracts, threatening a vomit reflex. You try not to inhale too deeply. The smell was becoming unbearable.

Half of Madelyn's face was gone. Seared off completely. A metal skull, robotic eyes and circuits were left exposed, underneath.
Her right arm was horribly burned as well. Only a skeletal structure remained there.

Her hair was badly singed, her clothes covered in ash.
One of her eyes was closed. The other one, exposed in its metal socket, stared blankly into space, shining with a dark red light.

"...oh god..." you heard Kaylee's terrified voice: "..what... what the hell is.." her voice broke, as she stared at Madelyn's body.

She was shaking in horror, frozen, torn between a subconscious urge to run away, or come closer.

Suddenly, Madelyn opened both eyes and looked at Kaylee, unblinking. Kaylee shrieked in fear and flinched back.

Slowly, very clumsily, Madelyn rolled onto her side, then onto her stomach and began rising to one knee. She never broke eye contact with Kaylee.

"...what... what are you..." Kaylee quietly whimpered: "S-Stay back!!"

Madelyn slowly rose to her feet and slightly stumbled forward. She raised her robotic arm, still covered in smears of ash and burned flesh, and stretched it toward Kaylee.

"Please No!" Kaylee shrieked, closing her eyes and jerking away: "No! Don't come closer-AH!" she stumbled and fell to the ground.
Madelyn continued to slowly limp toward her, robotic arm stretched, her face half burned away, exposing a metal skull beneath pieces of burned skin.

"God No!" Kaylee crawled backwards on the ground and found her back stuck against a wall. She covered her face with both hands and started to whimper: "D-don't hurt me... please!"

Madelyn clumsily fell down on one knee, next to her. Then raised her burned hand and very gently, placed it on top of Kaylee's head.
Kaylee cried out in horror.

And then Madelyn sang.

Quietly, gently, lovingly. She sang a very soothing tune, like a lullaby. Her beautiful voice softly echoed across the tunnel, as she gently stroked Kaylee's hair.

Kaylee slowly lowered her hands and stared, wide eyed at Madelyn. As confusion and shock began to wash over her, you saw a streak of tears running down Kaylee's cheeks.
She was staring at Madelyn, listening to the tune, then looked down, as if surprised by her own tears.

Madelyn smiled at her, softly and gently, as she stroked her hair.

Kaylee looked into her eyes and quietly whispered: "...m-my mother used to sing me that song.. to calm me, when I was little.." she blinked, more tears falling down her cheeks, as she stared at Madelyn:
"...who are you?"

"Lisa... I found you" Madelyn gently said, her voice shaking. Eyes slowly filling with tears: "I found you... Lisa... Lisa..." she smiled, blinking the tears away, as she stroked Kaylee's hair.

"Lisa?.." Kaylee asked in surprise: "T-that's.. my mothers name.." she quietly said. A moment, and her eyes slowly widened:
"A-are you... my grandmother?..."

"Grandmother?" Madelyn asked in confusion, before a realization appeared in her eyes, and a very soft smile appeared on her lips: "Ah.. that's it.." she happily nodded, blinking the tears away:
"Yes... My name is Madelyn Vauclair. I am your grandmother"

"....all this time.." Kaylee voice was briefly distorted in pain: "We never.. we never thought we'd... we'd never thought we'd find you... mom... she-.. she wanted to find you, so much-" Kaylee turned away as her voice broke. Fresh tears appearing inside her eyes.

Madelyn leaned closer and locked Kaylee into a tight hug. Kaylee hid her face and began sobbing into Madelyn's shoulder. Both tightly clinging onto each other, afraid to let go, as if the other one could disappear any moment.

Their quiet sobbing, softly echoed over the tunnel.

349Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Mon 8 Jan - 22:26

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Burner tilts her head, "huh... well she's very much alive..." She taps maddies skull with a metal finger but quickly pulls away when her eyes move, "HAH I KNEW IT!" She stops as events unfold

Burner stays quite, she takes her gas mask down a bit only revealing her eyes for a moment to take in what she was seeing. Her cybernetic eye glows bright and her other is a bright white clearly blind, before you can take in anymore detail she pushes the mask back up, "how touching..." She says making her way to the car she notices clopin, and mercer, her lenses seem locked on Mercer though, "I had no I was dealing with political figures... this must be VERY important~" She slowly makes her way around the car, her lenses gazing into clopin, "You on the other hand... you sir... waltz or not have a very large sum on that forehead of yours..."

Rain slowly makes her way to the vehicle, her eyes focus on clopin, "you... are the one who threatened my friends yes?" She raises her brow.

350Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Mon 8 Jan - 23:04

Dan One

Dan One

(Naomi)
"Burner!" Naomi snaps "Shut...the fuck..up! Please for the love of it all, shut your god damn mouth."

(Frost)
Frost stands with her arm clutching the wound. Blood soaking the area. Upon seeing Clopin her eyes cloud over and crackles of lightning start running down her body.

"I'll give you one chance to explain why we shouldn't kill you right now. So start talking before I forget my manners"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum