The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Digital Waltz - Part 2

+2
Dan One
Disgruntled purple
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 32]

576Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 16 Feb 2018 - 21:25

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain falls to her knees and places one hand on the floor, "good... god..." She lowers her head finally getting a break.

Fire takes a moment to get ahold of her surroundings, she counts the beings in the room, "Kaylee, Radience, Twilight... don't like her much." She squints as more memory floods back into her, "Its... good... to see you Kaylee." She says a bit disjointed, "you need a shower dear." She looks at the ceiling a moment trying to piece together what happened. She gets a sense of what's up. Her ears perk as she hears the princess.

Fire glares at twilight, she looks at her hands a moment and back up, "please... excuse my interruption "Princess." She seems to spit the words with malace, "seeing how your here... i would assume this is all our problem... especially mine." She glares at the monophiliment whip and closes her fist, the wire winds back into her wrist, "I see we have some newcomers..." She sighs and turns around, "...but first." She drops the sword and walks up to Rain, "Long time no see sister... I see you have grown."

Rain looks up at Fire before rising to her feet and running to her sister. Her arms wrapping around her in tear filled eyes, her head pressing against her older sisters chest, "Goddamnit sis' you can't just leave me like that... I seen it all happen... what you did was selfless... but completely unessisary." She tightens her grip on her armor.

"Shhhh... I did what I had to do to keep the journey going. Though I will say, after this I think I'm done with adventures. At least for a while. We can catch up later right now you have a job to do." She smiles as rain releases her.

Rain drys her eyes and draws her bow, "alright then..." She pulls away, "Twilight!" She calls as she begins walking towards her, "I want this man executed for his crimes... as the general of Nyx I believe I have a say in the matter and we shouldn't give him a platform to talk or make excuses. He has done enough of that already and I think I speak for everyone when I say we are tired of his games."

Burner grunts as she's picked up, "Thank ya dear!" She says cheerfully, before prancing up to twilight, "I say we find a bunch of branches and burn him at the stake!" She coos joyously.

Last edited by Rain_Runner on Fri 16 Feb 2018 - 21:41; edited 1 time in total

577Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 16 Feb 2018 - 21:39

Dan One

Dan One

(Frost)
"I just want revenge for Serena and everyone else here we've lost. Politics be damned, I want him dead so I clear my mind of this mess" Frost shudders as another cough sends a twinge of pain through her body

(Radiance)
"His games tire me, but that doesn't mean he should die. Plus, going to painfully play devils advocate here, but who's to say he wasn't blackmailed or brainwashed into this position." Radiance kneels down and begins to check the back of Hawkins for a Neuralchip or evidence of one.

(Naomi)
"Maybe tone it down a bit their hotty." Naomi calls to Burner with a smirk "We could always just break his legs and let him starve down here. He get's to live the last days off his life with his actions, and those of us that want it get his death"

578Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 16 Feb 2018 - 21:42

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"That's not just our decision to make" Rogue argues "These people've been affecting lives across the world, all of whom'll want to've their say as to his fate. Maybe the courts'll sentence him to death, maybe they'll just give him life in prison, but it must be a democratic decision taking into account the views of all those affected."

579Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 16 Feb 2018 - 21:46

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight turns her head slightly to Rogue. "Law is indeed important to uphold, that's true." She then turns away. "But justice is far more important. Going with the lawful ways, he'll get away without any problems, unless we go around making up crimes like the digital waltz did. So if we don't judge him now, he'll never gets judged." Her voice then becomes stern. "But none of you will interfere with me and my worker until this has been properly settled, do I make myself clear?"

Arnold then gets off the tiger. "Let's not go destroy eachother now, geez. But Angelo, why would you temper with this now?"

Angelo frowned. "Let's just say, these alliances worked because of the waltz."

580Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 16 Feb 2018 - 21:57

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Blue, blonde and purple wrote:Twilight turns her head slightly to Rogue. "Law is indeed important to uphold, that's true." She then turns away. "But justice is far more important. Going with the lawful ways, he'll get away without any problems, unless we go around making up crimes like the digital waltz did. So if we don't judge him now, he'll never gets judged." Her voice then becomes stern. "But none of you will interfere with me and my worker until this has been properly settled, do I make myself clear?"

Arnold then gets off the tiger. "Let's not go destroy eachother now, geez. But Angelo, why would you temper with this now?"

Angelo frowned. "Let's just say, these alliances worked because of the waltz."

"Perfectly clear" Rogue remains unbowed "Will you summiraly execute any of us that get in the way too? Leave no witnesses to your immoral vengeance? We've got the core of the Digital Waltz, we can prove everything they did."

581Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 16 Feb 2018 - 22:24

Dan One

Dan One

(Radiance)
Being a leader of a country does not exclude you from laws." Radiance stands back up after his search crossing his arms. "I'll not interfere, but please don't be an idiot about the decision."

(Frost)
"It's not your decision to make alone. And since when did you suddenly become the leader of everyone here? I take my orders directly from the Union Government, not you. So, take that into consideration when throwing your weight around." Frost narrows her eye's at Twilight, voice going cold "Harm anyone here aside from Hawkins and I will stop you. Do I make myself clear?"

582Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 16 Feb 2018 - 23:01

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"I Don't much appreciate your hostility or how your handling your power Mrs.Sparkle." Rain steps forward, "have you forgotten that we all got here as a team? We all want our justice here and I refuse to only allow you to decide his fate!" She glares as she crosses her arms, "We have all gone though some shit and I'm not just going to stand by while some princess of equestria decides the fate of our work!"

Fire steps up glaring at Twilight, "I say we hold a public execution for his crimes. Hold him on a stage and read off his sins and leave him to hang." She growls, "it seems that I'm not the only one that thinks purple magic here shouldn't be making this desision alone. I don't know what I am or why I'm alive... but the way you are all acting gives me a reason to believe this man has done horrible things..."

Burner is sitting cross legged humming a song and burning some dried leaves that just so happened to fly in from somewhere.

583Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 2:58

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight raises an eyebrow. "So, according to all of you, I can't fire my employee for this, leaving the judgement of a man under my contract to all of you instead. Yes, looking at what this man has done, he should require severe punishment. But that's not why I want to speak to him." She turns to the group, making sure to keep her foot down. "I want to hear a 'why'. Why he chose this path, why this was even a thing, what kind of mindset drove them to this."

She narrows her eyes. "If learning how this mindset is born, so we can take action before we get a second waltz is a bad idea, then just say so. I'll step back, letting you fight it out what to do with him and the rest of this group. Because I don't know about all of you, but I rather prevent these events from happening then to stop them."

Angelo grabbed his head with one hand, letting out a groan. "For gods sake, this guy hasn't been knocked from his position for a minute and you're already at eachother's throats! Are you guys really trying here, or just looking for the nearest excuse for a fight?! Is one of you part of the Waltz, trying to make us destroy ourselves by spreading discord? Or is everyone too angry to remember to properly communicate, requiring a hate sink to function?"

Arnold tried to look stern, but he merely casts his gaze down, struck by the accusation. "...... Maybe... I mean... It was always a bigger threat that made you guys, and us now, band together. With that gone, are these bonds really going to collapse so easily? Do we really hold so little care for eachother, outside seeing the group as a means to the end of whatever inconviniences us?"

584Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 3:12

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Fire clears her throat, "I never liked twilight from the begining." She crosses her arms, "I just took the chance to question her authority." She steps up, "from what I am seeing is that all of you have your own reasons for hating this man and the waltz. If I heard correctly from earlier you still have alot more to deal with. Her eyes roll up to the powerhungry looking emerald in the control room, "you still have a few more of those old "Digital Waltz" guys to take care of yes? This one was but a distraction."

Rain sighs, "I can probably give pretty accurate reason as to why he did it. The waltz promised him power and a place in the waltz. I believe this is their last line of defense..."

Burner hops up, "If that's true then the waltz still has some power over the world currently!" She jogs in place.

585Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 4:52

Dan One

Dan One

(Radiance)
"Who says we can't be civilized about this? We should hold a vote whether or not to execute him here or let him stand public trial once Twilight has asked her questions. But only after. I'm hoping all of you remember the mind-control incident and how some of us were already being accused before we had a chance to defend ourselves." Radiance glances over to the control booth "Emerald, once Twilight starts the interview can you record the conversation from there? "

586Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 10:59

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Emerald nodded.

As you examine Hawkins' head, you don't see any signs of a Neurochip.

Hawkins released a quietly laugh: "...I hope the irony of this situation, isn't lost on you.
As soon as the Digital Waltz fell, you immediately went for each others throats.
Squabbling and fighting. Each one, pulling the blanket in his own direction.

You will later go into the world and translate those arguments onto a global scale.

Twilight with her bid to dismantle the Union. Rain with her bid for power. Political arguments will lead to uncompromising decisions and later to war.

And on and on, you will claw at this world, until only chaos remains.

Without a Digital Waltz to keep you in check, you will destroy this world.

You need, the Digital Waltz.
As unethical as our practices were, we kept the balance in the world. We kept it from breaking apart.
And each time a political figure attempted to disturb the balance or instigate war, we blackmailed him and shut it down.

And every time we tried to give the world, a little bit of its freedom back, we had nut jobs like Marek emerge and fuck it up for everyone.

The Digital Waltz, are the stitches that hold the world together.

And we hold it together, no longer.
Chaos and war will rule your world now. I hope you are happy"

Councilor Mercer slowly crossed her arms, frowning:

"...are you implying the Union's creation was somehow influenced by the Digital Waltz?" she huffed:
"Don't flatter yourself.

The Union was born, because a group of like minded people came together and decided they wanted to safeguard this world. Together.

People from different countries, different cultures, came together, united by the same purpose. Believing that Life, is a sacred gift, and should be protected.
That, is the purpose of the Union.

You think it doesn't work, without the Digital Waltz? You don't have to look far, to find an example.

In this very room, Equestria, Nyx, Artemis, Soren, Paldenia and possibly many more countries stand. Knowingly or unknowingly, they represented the values and ideals of their countries.

And they banded together, ultimately overcoming internal conflicts, no matter how hard you tried to break them apart, they banded together, and they beat you.

There is no better example, of our willingness to achieve peace"

"Heh" Hawkins released a small smirk: "...I wander, how long it will last"

Madelyn slowly approached the group. Letting her right arm fall down, and taking hold of its elbow with her other hand, she sighed:
"...As much as I want this man dead, it wouldn't be right to do it here.
It doesn't matter in who's employment he was, or what horrors he did. He is defenseless now and in our custody.

We are not judges. We're not part of the legal system. We're not qualified to make that call. And even if we were, it wouldn't be right to do it here.
We're not like him. I believe it would be best to set an example, of how a moral society functions."

Madelyn looked up: "I want this mans face, to be brought up and shown to the world. I want everyone to see him. I want him to stand in front of the camera's and tell the world, first hand, exactly what he did, to me, to Emerald, to Cookie, to every victim he has kept in the Labyrinth.

And whatever the courts decide to do with him, that shall be his fate.

I don't want to dirty my hands with his blood. He's not worth it"

She looked down at her palms: "...I want my arms clean... so I can hug my family with them"

Kaylee's expression became saddened, as she looked at Madelyn. Then she nodded and looked at everyone:

"...Hawkins won't be able to wiggle his way out of a court room" Kaylee quietly said: "Its true, we do have the core of the Digital Waltz. Its infinite database will finally work in our favor, and every dirty, horrible thing they ever done, will be publicly exposed for the world to see.
Hawkins cannot escape that."

The Tiger, who remained silent and unmoving during this time, slightly lowered his head and exhaled:

"Where-... where am I?... why does this feel... different?" he said, slowly lifting one of his paws and looking at it.

"Its okay Ted" Madelyn called, approaching: "Its.. going to be okay now"

Emerald was quietly watching from the control room above. After a prolonged pause, she called:

"...Angelo, you want me to use the Digital Waltz network, to erase something?

What exactly do you wish to erase?.." her voice was quiet, neutral.

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

587Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 14:01

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Angelo looked around, then looked up again.

"My words were rash, perhaps... Erase the digital waltz. Remove it's existence from the planet. It's the only way."

Armold looked at him. "If you do that, you're removing the evidence we have against these people. Which means they'll go scot free, or we kill them like a bunch of savages. Is that really what you want us to do?"

Angelo gives a heavy sigh. "And how much of this will actually hold up? If you remember, many of the people that were thrown in prison by them because they came close to the truth, were there because the Waltz had them arrested for crimes they hadn't commit, but tempering with the facts allowed the court to be duped."

He then looks up. "So if we bring them to a courthouse, bringing a lot of the story along, how "true" is our evidence then? How do we prove this is all true if the item we took from the enemy, the power to create false truths, is literally what our arguments are based on? To put it far more simple for you all, it's like someone's being thrown in jail for making false money, then paying his bail to go free!" He hits himself once. "What?!"

Arnold gives a dumbfounded stare. "So you're saying... The reason why you think we can't get him sentenced into a proper court... Is because the evidence about hacking... Also holds the power to hack into the system to make false evidence?"

Angelo just nodded.

Arnold gave it a thought. "... Might hold a grain of truth... We'd have to prove it's possible to perform hacking of this magnitude. If we can't or won't do that, our credibility is gone. But if we do prove it, one might question how much of this is not also made with false information. Hmmm..."

Twilight gave a cold look at the man below her. "So that's your reasoning? Just talking about some sort of indoctrination? I was hoping to hear something with more substance to it, something more personal. Alas, it keeps dissapointing me more and more to stay here. I don't know why I bothered raising my hopes up." She points her finger at his head, magic charging up around it. "If there's nothing personal for these actions inside of you, then I have only this to say..."

The spell gets more powerful, a small smirk appearing on her face. "Andrew Hawkings, you're fired. Goodnight." With that, she fires the spell. With it, he can feel sleep enchroaching his organic parts, whatever metallic parts he has unaffected.

She removes her foot, looking at Angelo. "Perhaps the ability to make false facts is within it's reach, but that doesn't make it impossible. Just be more clever and liberal with the information we have. That's how attorneys work, at the very least."

588Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 14:38

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"We can sentence him" Madelyn firmly said:

"You only need one piece of evidence. Me.

My testimony, my very existence is proof. Madelyn Vaulcair, Captain in the Adelheid Police Force, murdered 44 years ago, stands here, alive, in a prosthetic body.
My consciousness is stored in a Plume of Dusk, an item that can hold a.. soul.
My body has the ability to hack into most security systems, something I can demonstrate in the court of law.

Me, and other Labyrinth victims like me. Standing in court, testifying against Hawkins.
Coupled with Dr. Zarovee has his professional opinion and expertise on cybernetics.

I think we have a solid case.
That's all we need to convict him"

Emerald released an unpleasant grin. Her hands began dancing over the control panel, inside the cabin:

"Angelo darling... If you think I'll let you sweep these peoples crimes under a rug, and simply be satisfied with some low profile assassinations in the back alley, you are gravely mistaken"

Her smile began to change into a scowl:

"I will dismantle the Digital Waltz network. Sure. But not before every TV in the world broadcasts the evidence of every sin, the Opera Seven has committed. Until every living person, on this god damn earth, knows exactly what was done to me...

Then, and only then, will I unleash my revenge on the Opera Seven. And trust me... its more painful than you've imagined so far..."

Her hands continued to dance over the control panel, her expression was slowly becoming unhinged:

"...now..." Emerald looked forward: "..lets see what we're dealing with"

A part of the far wall, slid to the side, revealing another giant TV monitor.

Lines of text began scrawling through it, as Emeralds hands danced over the control panel.

- CONNECTING TO THE DIGITAL WALTZ NETWORK
- STAND BY

- IDENTIFYING ASSETS

- 26 BUNKERS, IN THE ADELHEID REGION
- 15,573 PROSTHETIC BODIES, CONNECTED TO THE NETWORK, AT THIS TIME

"Fifteen thousand Labyrinth victims?" Kaylee quietly whispered: "Hawkins.. you son of a bitch"

"Now" Emerald looked at the screen: "Lets put them to use"
More lines of code started running over the TV screen:

- BLACK BOX ORDER 31#B1 - LOCATE OPERA SEVEN

Haphazard data began scrolling over the screen, until 7 windows of live camera feeds, began to appear on screen, side by side.

Andrew Hawkins
A camera feed of you, and Hawkin's unconscious form, laying on the floor.

Jorge Magnuson
A camera feed of a morgue room, in the Adelheid hospital. Magnusons remains, covered by a sheet.

Five other live feeds showed five other people, in different locations.

In a skyscraper office room, overlooking Adelheid at night.
At the docks somewhere, sitting by a docked yacht.
Inside a casino, playing poker.
In some sort of living room, which more looked like an armored safe room.
Inside an expensive sports car, driving through Adelheids main road.

Emerald released a long, quiet laugh, it was becoming unhinged.

More lines of text began to appear, couples with more live feeds:

- BLACK BOX ORDER 31#78 - ALL UNITS - DISCONNECT FROM NETWORK
- BLACK BOX ORDER 31#79 - #!A#%GFD14fej - CONTENTS ENCRYPTED

Several new, life feed camera windows popped up on the TV screen. They showed countless prosthetic bodies, disconnecting from the wires in their backs, falling down from the ceiling and marching out of the Bunkers.

They were marching in organized lines, a lot of them.

More and more kept disconnecting and marching out, on the camera feeds.

Emerald began quietly laughing.

589Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 15:21

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Burner skips up to the control room, "Man your revenge filled fantasy is making you look completely insane! Mabye you should take it down a notch before our friends get worried!'

Rain looks down at the unconscious body and then up at the screen. "Emerald? Why are you not releasing these people?" She raises her brow.

Fire scowls a bit as she walks up to her frozen greatsword, "looks like your job isn't done. As much as I have no interest in helping I don't quite have a choice."

590Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 19:46

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

//Soundtrack

"Not yet" Emerald said with an unhinged laugh: "I'm not done yet!"

More lines of texts began scrolling over the screen.

- 17 SOUL TRANSFER FACILITIES - IDENTIFIED
- FACILITIES POWERING UP - ONLINE

- BLACK BOX ORDER 31#80 - fjGnr42#$#! - CONTENTS ENCRYPTED

On the live feed cameras, you suddenly saw a massive squad of robots, burst through the door of the skyscraper office building, and drag one of the Opera members out of frame.

The same was done to others. One by one, they were intercepted and dragged somewhere. Out of the casino. Out of the house. A Spider Tank smashed into the sports car, grabbing the person inside and charging off somewhere.

A separate camera feed opened, showing an unfamiliar Bunker somewhere.

An operating table, dead center in frame. A dozen prosthetic bodies are dragging an Opera member towards it and begin strapping him to the table. The man was screaming in indescribable horror and pain.

"EMERALD WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" Clopin screamed in shock: "THIS WASN'T THE PLAN! STOP IT!-.." he cut himself off, his face turning pale, as Emerald released a low, hysterical laugh:

"...I want them to know, what it feels like" she hysterically giggled: "I want them to spend the rest of their miserable lives, trapped inside a fake body, unable to feel physical pain, or pleasure, or the touch of the person they love...
I want them to spend the rest of their lives in madness.

Then, and only then, will they know, WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO ME!!!"

On the camera feed, one of the Opera members, strapped to the operating table, began to shriek. A dozen robots silently watching him, from afar.

- PLUME OF DUSK READY - SOUL TRANSFER INITIATED

A text on the screen read.

The other camera feeds followed the other Opera members, as they were dragged underground.

On a separate camera feed, several hundred humanoid robots were marching in lines, across the Adelheid's main street.

591Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 20:17

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Burner falls silent and watches she walks around and taps on the window, she looks for a proper place to start.

Rain frowns "SOPHIE GUNTHER" She yells. Her voice commanding, the one she uses on her soldiers, "As a supporter of the batpony kind I am telling you to stop now! You have lost it and the last thing we need now is immortal opera seven members!" She slips out her cell and opens it, checking to see if Harle tried to contact her now that her phone wasn't jammed.

592Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 21:10

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight looks up at the mare that fell into madness. She let out a sigh. "And the day keeps getting better... Okay everyone, let's get to work. Madelyn, try to hack the gate open." She looks at the rest of the group. "Those with large scale destructive powers, with me to breach into Emerald's space. Rain Runner, take a few of the more stealthy member of everyone and prepare to subdue Emerald once a way is open. Do not hesitate to use excessive force on her."

"But my liege, not everyone listens to you here, even with one openly disliking you." Arnold retorts.

"Well, that's fine, we don't have to get along like chums, we just need to work together to get this done. Understood, everyone? Good, then let's go!"

She applies her telekinesis, trying to pull a pane out that looks weaker.

593Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 21:14

Dan One

Dan One

Frost drops her hands to her side, palms facing forward and arms slightly raised. A ball of electricity with a vibrant rainbow coloured center to it sparks to life in each hand. There is a light breeze as Frost levitates off the ground about half a meter. Snow and rain starts to swirl around her.

594Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 21:53

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"Brute force won't work on the control cabin!" Madelyn called in alarm: "Hawkins wasn't lying. The cabin can withstand a direct impact of a Slavegear's main canon. We can't breach it with force.
Maybe if I can-" she spread open her palms, releasing the pale colored holograms.

"Too slow" Emerald called with an unhinged smirk and took a step back. The Black Box was resting in the palm of her hand, as some sort of elevator mechanism, suddenly propelled Emerald through the cabins ceiling and out of sight.

The cabin remained locked and empty.

On the TV screen, you noticed hundreds of robots, starting to enter random homes and grabbing people off of the street, before dragging them underground.
After a while, it became apparent that they weren't grabbing everyone. Some were ignored completely, as the robots marched through the city.

Clopin slowly fell on his knees and took hold of his head in terror:

"...sister... what are you doing... why?"

"-..you wish to know why?" Emeralds voice echoed out of an intercom somewhere, followed by an hysterical laugh:
"Because of people like Serena.

This city is filled with selfish, cold, uncaring and apathetic people. Unable or unwilling to show empathy to others.
They are guilty of inhumanity, towards their fellow man.

People like that, created the Digital Waltz.
They don't care, who gets trampled on their way to their goals. They walk through life, stepping over others, and I will have that, no longer.

Perhaps when they have been shoved into a prosthetic body, and felt the same pain that we have, maybe then, they'll find compassion in their heart, and learn empathy"

"You-.. can't!" Madelyn yelled out: "You can't take everyone!"

"Not everyone" Emerald's voice replied over the speaker: "...only the selfish. The cold. The ones who don't give a damn about others.
It would be hard to find them, but thankfully, I have 44 years of surveillance data to help me identify them.

And don't worry, Rain.
The Opera Seven will not be enjoying immortality.
I'll make sure they're equipped with a freshly made Neurochip. Perhaps when I'll force them to march into the nearest jail cell, the Opera Seven will appreciate the full extent, of what it felt like to be me."

Clopin looked at the ceiling, somewhere in the direction where Emerald vanished and cover his head with his arms:
"Sister... stop... please stop, its over, you don't have to do this anymore"

"But I do" Emerald gently replied: "People like them, stole my life, my dreams. They took my future from me, placed me inside a puppet and made me dance on their strings.
If I don't teach them the consequences of their actions, then history will repeat itself, once again.

I am not a puppet. I am a living being. And I am very... upset.
"

Emerald released a quiet laugh, which slowly turned into a sob:

"Are you watching closely? My Premier, the ballet adaptation of The Hunchback of Adelheid, is about to begin.
You will likely never see me again.

Goodbye.
" the intercom cut off.

The TV screen kept showing hundreds of robots, walking through the city and grabbing people off the street, before dragging them underground. Thick clouds of smoke were already rising over the buildings.

Ash slowly falling over the ground.

As Rain looked at her phone, it displayed 53 missed calls from Harlequin.

595Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 22:53

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain looks down and let's out a sigh of relief "she's coming..." Rain checks the most recent voicemail from Harle hoping she was right, "please be sending a strike team. Oh god did they bring Ken hammers... please tell me out specs did..." She takes a deep breath and lets it out slow, "...shes going to say I never should have came and she is probably right... sorry Kaylee, twilight, And everyone else but me coming along might have been a huge mistake because Harle isn't just going to rip me a new one, she's going to tear emerald in half when she finds out she is basically causing another batpony issue." She turns the speaker on her phone on and paces

Fire looks confused, "who's Harle?" She blinks.

596Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sun 18 Feb 2018 - 0:13

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Moon and Mist held hands as they watched the screen in horror.

“This is sick... mortally sick.... playing with life is something you should never do. Messing with bodies and minds... it’s something that can go horribly wrong....” Moon mumbled, wishing that she could look away, but her eyes wouldn’t allow her.

597Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sun 18 Feb 2018 - 0:53

Dan One

Dan One

"I should have never tried to help her." Naomi growls "This is you're fault Clopin. You should have seen how unstable she was becoming and you still let her be here"

(Frost)
A pair of giant ethereal arms spring forth from Frosts back. They grip the sides off the cabin and with a clenching of her own hands Frost rips the cabin out of the it's spot.

598Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sun 18 Feb 2018 - 9:35

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

The intent reflected in Frosts mind, but the ethereal arms only scratched the cabins surface, before loosing their grip on it. The cabin remained sitting in place. Its not showing signs of coming off the ceiling.

"...its the Phantom Body Syndrome" Clopin said in a colorless voice: "Every victim of the labyrinth lives in constant risk of suffering a mental breakdown. Every one of them has a form of mental illness.
Often, its just a question of time, before a psychotic episode happens.
You know this. You saw Madelyn's memories, did you not?

Until recently, I thought my sister was dead. I thought she was dead for 44 years. And then she came to me one day and explained everything.
What was I supposed to do. Lock her up, the moment I learned she was in a prosthetic body?..

She is my sister... a sister I thought I lost... so long ago.." he covered his face with his hands:
"Don't hurt her, please... she lost connection to reality, she doesn't fully understand what she's doing"

"We may not find her again" Madelyn quietly said: "Emerald already made it to the surface. The only way to follow her, is to go back the way we came in, when we entered the Opera House. By then, her trail will likely go cold.
Emerald's gone. I don't know how to find her again and I don't know if we have the time. Fifteen thousand mind controlled victims are grabbing people and dragging them underground.

It is sick, and wrong, and we need to think about how to stop it"

The cellphone in Rains palm showed poor reception and was struggling to connect to the voice box.

Kaylee looked at it and called: "Lets go back. Out of the Opera House, the reception should be okay above ground.
You should be able to call Harle, we'll start figuring this mess out"

"We wasted enough time" Councilor Mercer called: "Lets move!"

599Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sun 18 Feb 2018 - 14:09

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain sighs as she begins moving, "well i gotta say I don't know if I should be scared or worried." She throws a glance at the phone, "I'll try to explain to her that she has actually saved us on multiple occasions and is completely insane."

Fire follows close behind, "Rain!" She says louder, "who is Harle?"

Rain glances up, "a batpony princess who is also a top class assassin who tried to kill us, who I'm now dating, not only is she a top class fighter now, but she has an army at her back because I'm her general.

Fire blinks, "o....k"

Burner skips begins a distant follow ask she keeps her eyes locked on the phone.

600Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sun 18 Feb 2018 - 19:52

Dan One

Dan One

(Frost)
Frost sighs before she turns and walks with the group. The arms vanishing from sight but the micro storm still swirling about her.

(Radiance)
Radiance hefts up Hawkins slinging him up over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"That's why I'm bringing him," he pats Hawkins on the back "Mr. Ego is going to help us whether he likes or not when he wakes up"

(Naomi)
Naomi just scowls before altering her pace to match that with Burner. "Last time I try to help someone with personal issues" she mutters

Last edited by The Mage and The Mechanic on Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 8:30; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum