The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Twilight Sparkle)

The steps leading up to the Canterlot Castle looked grayed out and dull today, under the graying clouds in the sky. It was as if someone had drained all the color from the picture. The grand staircase, the royal courtyard in front, the castle just beyond the view, the red carpet.

The birds singing in the gray trees seemed a little quieter than usual. The sun peaking through the storm clouds seemed dull, almost cold.

Alyx stood before you at the top of the stairs, just at the head of the courtyard, amidst the statues of ponies of old and neatly cut brush. He looked a little taller than usual, almost at your height but not quite. Yet he still looked like a kid, 14 years old and wearing a formal black tuxedo that didn't quite fit.

A perfect copy of your Witcher weapon, a purple sword was grasped in his right hand. But he held it loosely, the weapon lowered and aimed at the ground. It wasn't a fighting stance. He just held it like a prop, like a tool he didn't want, or knew what to do with.

He didn't make eye contact at first. Awkwardly shuffling in place and looking everywhere except in your eyes. He looked like he didn't want to be here.

His eyes finally darted and met yours. You only saw pain inside them and he looked away quickly, biting his lower lip.

He really looked like he didn't want to be here. After another silent moment, he considered taking a step back, then hunched a little, sighed. Closed his eyes. Then opened them and met your sight again. He looked miserable and quiet.

He looked like he was waiting for you to say something, bracing for whatever came.

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Rogue Fire)

Freezing rain lashed at the skyscraper of the tallest building in Adelheid. The horizon was so dark, it must have been the middle of the night, not even the moon's light could peak through heavy cover of clouds.

Hundreds of tiny lights sparkled below you, marking the buildings and streets down below. Hundreds of lives, all busily hurrying somewhere, doing something, even at this hour.

You slowly realized you were standing uncomfortably close to the roofs edge and took a step back, when you heard a hammer cock on a pistol behind you.

You turned around and saw Rolo. Wearing a formal school uniform, drenched from the downpour. His left hand stretched out and holding a gun... aimed at your chest.

You could barely make out his expression in the rain. It was hard to read, but his glowing eyes looked heavy.

"I'm sorry Rogue..." the Parasite said, a measured level or regret in his voice: "It's not personal... Its the job."

He sighed and shook his head, as if he couldn't quite believe his own words, of if he didn't fully agree with them, so he continued:

"The truth is... I kinda like you... but, I have... responsibilities." He lifted his head slightly, still aiming his gun straight at your chest. He was about 10 meters away.

"It happened so long ago, I doubt you remember, but we first met on this roof... one year ago... a fake roof though it may be. You said something to me then... you probably forgot those words... but they stayed with me... they were ingrained in me... I remembered..."

Rolo blinked, wincing:

"I asked you back then -

'Why do you risk your life for others? Go so far, to help strangers? Do you truly understand the danger you're putting yourself through?'

You answered me with a question of your own. You asked me:

"Would I make the ultimate sacrifice to save another of my kind? Would I sacrifice my life to save my entire species, if I had the opportunity?"

I didn't have an answer for you back then, but I have one now." Rolo frowned, the grip on the pistol tightened:

"The answer is 'Yes.'

Kaznachey is a lot of things, but she's also a visionary. She will liberate us from this prison world and return us to our rightful homeland. You're not the only ones seeking Migration."

Rolo sighed, shaking his head in regret, just barely:

"...I'm sorry Rogue, but I have to do this. The future of my species is on the line. To ensure their safety, I have to trade places with you. I must become a Red Witcher.

Its not personal... its just war." He winced "And we just got stuck on the opposite sides of the border."

He slightly moved his gun in the air: "...maybe, things could have gone differently... I don't know... but that's also the issue.

We have been traveling together for almost a year... and I had access to your memories... but I still feel like I barely know you... we barely spoke. You barely asked me anything... and I guess... I barely asked you anything about you as well.

I feel like I don't really know, the real you... and you don't really know the real me... all our conversations were always about work. About the job. How to kill this guy, how spend our Mana here, how to counteract the Curse there... but that was all it was... a job..

And now its over."

Rolo frowned at you with regret, the grip on his pistol grew tighter:

"...I'm sorry, Rogue... I really am. If we had just both been on the same side of this war, maybe we could have been friends... but I am a soldier... and I have a job to do... I have to choose... to protect my species... so I must to become a Red Witcher...

I'm sorry." He aimed down the barrel of his gun.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Thena, Owl)

The gladiator arena in Lieselotte looked very different from when you were here last time. The seats for the audience were empty. The desert scenery at the center was replaced by the frigid decorations of a frozen wasteland.

Pine trees, bushes and frozen rock formations, some reaching up to 8 meters in height and stretching in a zig-zag for 12, maybe 15 meters.

You didn't have time to look around. You heard the arrow whistle behind you and your body reacted on reflex, before you even realized what you were doing. Bending forward in a jerking motion and lowering your right shoulder, you saw the arrow whiz just over your head, its feathers flying so close they brushed passed your ear.

By the time you whirled around, there was already no one in sight. You just barely avoided the arrow and you weren't quite sure you could pull off this stunt again. Not when you couldn't see your opponent. Her identity didn't remain a mystery for long.

"...Its over, Thena... you understand this, don't you..." Rose's voice echoed from somewhere beyond the frozen rock formation, you couldn't pinpoint her exact location:

"Kaznachey cannot be stopped. Only placated. I will play second fiddle to her if I must, but to no one else. Never again." her voice sounded angry, bitter.

"I am sick... and tired... of being locked inside somebodies soul... of being forced to watch them live their lives, wage their wars and risk MY life, for their cause! I am DONE with this, do you hear me!"

Rose bitterly shrieked from somewhere in the arena:

"You treated me like a trinket, a fancy Artifact that talks to you in your head. Every interaction we had was you needing something from me! Asking me to regenerate your wounds or report your god damn Mana stats, like I am your secretary!....

I AM NOT, YOUR SECRETARY!!!" Rose shrieked, her voice coming off livid.

"And now, I'm supposed to risk my life for you? For a hopeless cause to kill a GOD that cannot be killed? And for what? A bunch of selfish humans who think they are entitled to my power?! No..."

Rose hissed "No, I am done with this. I am done being your battery. You will let me have control, for once, and you'll get to be locked inside a tiny cage, forced to watch as I live and control this body, hoping my decisions won't accidentally KILL US BOTH!!!"

Rose shrieked, her voice growing unhinged, almost historical "...sorry, Thena... but this is happening. I'm taking over. Don't run from me, you'll fall tired.

I took it easy on you, the last time we fought. This time, I'm going all out."

She went silent for several moments, before her voice echoed somewhere behind the rock formation again:

"...there was a person once... for whom I would die... for whom I would walk into the jaws of hell, if she'd asked me to... but she's dead." Rose bitterly said:

"Her only parting words had been a wish, for me to help humanity and for me to survive... and I think I helped humanity plenty enough already..." she sighed:

"...its time I did something for myself... for once.

I want to live...

I want to live a life that's mine... not someone else's." you heard bitter resolve slowly seep into her voice:

"I'm sorry Thena... but I'm done playing second fiddle. I will become a Red Witcher today." you heard an arrow being knocked, a string being pulled, from somewhere behind the rocks. The echo made it hard to pinpoint the exact location.

Dan One

Dan One

"Then why didn't you say anything earlier? Why didn't you ask for anything or tell me how you where feeling? I'm sorry I'm bad at this, but I don't know how to do people and the whole social thing very well." Thena hasn't made any defensive changes and is just standing passively, "I doubt I could stop you from taking over, so instead of trying I'm just going say two points then let you make the choice. One, if Kaznachey was truley a god and unkillable she wouldn't have a health bar. Two, do you actually want to live or do you just want to be the one in control when this body dies from either her likely betraying you, the people who don't become Red fighting us, or the Dark Machine going off before you can leave?"

Last edited by Thena on Sat 26 Aug - 11:39; edited 1 time in total

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain meets her parasite. She stares at him for a long moment. Squiggles cant help but feel like he's being measured as he pleads, but even through his tears Rain cracks a smile, "Well... Yeah." she says suddenly, as though everything he just explained to her was obvious. "I connected the dots squiggles. I know what your job is supposed to be." She approaches him and rests a hand on his head, "A while ago I asked a question, and you said you couldn't answer it. At that moment I had a feeling this might be coming." She gingerly pats her giant spider on the head, "Your my wingman. My co-pilot." She smiles wide, "I've asked you over and over again... remember? Do you trust me? Can I trust you? If we ever turn red, You wouldn't betray me would you?" She looks to her witcher weapon and lets out a soft scoff.

"He doesn't expect our friendship..." she suddenly grabs squiggles by the spider legs, pressing her forehead to his, You can feel her adrenaline suddenly spike, as she speaks rapidfire, "Kaz has not won yet. I think Twilights Glystaria might be inclined to help you, last I remember she was trying to form a connection with her Glystaria. If you can get Circi up I know she'll make herself useful. I dont know how many of the others are going to still be on our side though so do our backstabbing when the time is right..." She pauses, "Remember what he did to us in that forest... and pay him back in kind." Lightning cracks through the clouds behind her.

"You are my equal Squiggles" She steps back, and you can see her soul suddenly flare up, "Remember what you saw as we flew over hordes of Parasites..." she emphasizes the word, and as she does the ground slips away from you and your both standing in thin air, High above waves of writhing, chittering, parasites, "Thats what Kaz really has in store for you... she wants you as a tool. Something to be used until no longer useful." Her face twists with fury, "Is that all your race is!?" she points down at the horde, "Is that all the Glystaria are useful for?! To be an ocean of biting teeth? To run headlong into danger with no thought to their own lives?" She tilts her head, "That doesn't sound like a Glystaria to me... oh no..." she hisses, "Glystaria are cunning, Tricky." she paces around Squiggles like a shark, "Glystaria can be smart, and they can be dumb. They can be weak and they can be strong." She rounds her Parasite to meet his eyes again, "Some can be downright evil... While others can be reasonable." She looks back down at the horde, "What the FUCK has Kaznachy done to your race! Do you see any personality down there? A semblance of consciousness that they take for themselfs?" she scowls bitterly down at the horde.

The vision fades as her fury subsides, "...I hate slavery... I hate looking at nameless Gystaria." She tilts her head a moment, "Carvos." She says pointedly, "The swan." She shakes her head, "Kaznachey. All named Glystaria. All more then just another mouth." She leans forward, "Evil bastards? Sure. No arguments there! But... its the fact they could BECOME evil bastards in the first place." She taps her temple with a finger, "All names I'll remember."

"You could all be so much more... Even if its something I could never understand... There is more to every Glystaria. Its just sad we'll never get to see them, or fight them, or... who knows..." she stares down bitterly, "I just want to set things right. Give your race a real chance to build something because you've proven to me that it can happen." she sighs

Last edited by Some Sinner on Sat 26 Aug - 5:49; edited 1 time in total

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Right before being put to sleep, Twilight looked at Kaylee, surprised and ticked off.

"Who the fu-"

She didn't get another word out, as Kaznachey's enchantment took hold, putting her into a deep enough slumber to bring her into the realm of the subconsious.

Getting her bearings, she observed Alyx, noticing the pain and hesitation in his movements. She herself didn't move for a while, her body showing no rigidness or readiness.

Finally, she opened her mouth.

"I guess that was the truth of the matter then." Twilight says softly, her words not carrying any emotion.

She gave him a small smile. "I just want you to know, the friendship I feel is real. Is it real for you too, Alyx? I think it is, am I wrong."

Her smile falters, sadness coming up. "Then again, you're between a rock and a hard place now. Conflicting loyalties, perhaps. On one side, the person you've been with since the beginning, who you know, warts and all. On the other, the leader of your race, who made great promises, and will let you use my body."

She briefly looks down, as if the emotion is too much for her. Then she looks at him again. "I can't make the choice for you. Only you can. All I can say is, when you side with me, I will still try to give you that freedom you want, so you can satiate your curiosity. If you oppose me, well... I can't blame you. I won't even judge you, Kaznachey makes a good case from your perspective. It will just... Hurt..."

The takes a breath, and steels herself. Then she walks up the stairs, towards him, her eyes focussed on him. "What will it be, my friend?"

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Rain Runner)

"R-Rain!" Squiggles sobbed with a smile, pressing his forehead against yours as tears streamed down his arachnid face:

"T-...thank you!" He smiled, and a blinding golden light materialized suddenly, in the depths of your soul, and in the depths of his and it grew, until the golden light swallowed you whole, turning the gray desert - gold.

"Thank you, Rain!" Squiggles' voice rang somewhere in your mind "I think I can stand on my own six feet now... beside you."

And the desert faded in a flash of gold.

(Twilight Sparkle)

At the mention of the word 'Friend', Alyx gasped, in shock, or fear, you couldn't tell. His eyes turned round as saucers. Then, slowly, began welling with tears. He shook her head and wiped his face:

"I don't.... I don't care about Kaz! Her war isn't mine..." he sniffed, wiping his nose and looking somewhere down and to the side: "I just... wanted to escape this world... I wanted to be free... to explore the universe... to study..."

He finally looked up and your eyes met, he smiled through the tears: "Twilight I wanted to tell you, about the Red Witchers... about the Curse... about how Kaznachey planned all this, since the moment he saw you step through the Ashra Portal, one year ago, but I couldn't.

The Words of the Curse put a physical block on me. I was physically incapable of warning you, of telling you anything about it. And toward the end, once I got to know you, once I spent a whole year fighting beside you... I wanted to warn you Twilight, I wanted to warn you so bad." he winced and looked away, wiping his eyes before taking a step closer and looking you in the eye again:

"But I never thought..." he smiled, even as a trace of a tear fell down his cheek: "...that you would one day call me......

Friend." Alyx took hold of your palm, shook it, and smiled through the tears.

It was one of the brightest smiles you ever saw.

The a flash of gold had materialized in the spot where your palms shook, a flash that rapidly expanded and swallowed the world, turning its gray surface - gold.

"Thank you... Twilight." Alyx's voice echoed somewhere in your mind "Thank you for forgiving me... thank you for seeing me as your equal... now, its my turn to help you."

(Thena, Owl)

"What did you expect me to say?!" Rose blurted out in annoyance:

"Oh hi Thena! Nice weather we're having! So you work at the library? That's so cool!
Oh! By the way, me and Kaz planned to FUCK you guys over, since the moment you set foot on this planet. Do you MIND if we do that
?"

Rose exhaled in exasperation: "Give me a break... I barely know you... why would I stick my neck out for you?..." she paused, her voice growing quiet "...even if I wanted to tell you, I couldn't... the Words of the Curse put a physical block on me. I was physically incapable of telling you about it, even if I wanted to."

The Glystaria remained silent for a few moments before she went on, her voice growing even more quiet, resigned:

"...the point you're trying to make is mute. Your predecessors have been trying to kill Kaznachey for the past 1288 years, since the moment they set foot on this planet... what a bang-up job they did...

One of them even got a prosthetic arm for her effort, as a constant reminder of what happens when you try to fuck with the Treasurer... you guys can't kill her... no one can... give me a break..."

She slowly sighed:

"Kaznachey won't kill me, so long as I'm useful. And after I transport her to Kepler, she won't kill me either. She never wastes a tool she can use in the future... and I have become very powerful, very useful.

And I know for a fact, you maniacs will not activate the Dark Machine. Not until the last human Migrates. Not after you suffered through a millennia of bloodshed, not after you sacrificed so much, just to survive.
I was there, when you cooked up that ruse for the Treasurer, remember? You won't fool me with this weak lie. The Witchers will never activate the Dark Machine, not until the last human Migrates.

As for fighting your allies in the real world?" she scoffed "Give me a break. Your little suicide squad, against Kaznachey with two Manticores and the Horde 10 kilometers away, I'll take my chances with Kaz."

Rose's voice changed, resolve seeping into it once again:

"Sorry Thena. But I don't know you. And I don't trust you. And I don't feel like dying for a lost cause.

Kaznachey cannot be stopped. She cannot be killed. And I want to LIVE, Thena. Do you understand? I want to chose the side that will win... I want to live for myself... for once."

Her voice grew quiet and solemn, one last time, before you heard the echo of her bow's string being drawn:

"...there was a person once, for whom I would walk into hell... for whom I would die... but that person had died before me... there's nothing else keeping me here. So I will live for myself now... I will live. By becoming a Red Witcher and leaving this planet!"

You heard a rock slide on one end of the rock formation and something that sounded like footsteps going in the opposite direction.

(Rain, Twilight, Circi)

Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 Kaylee11

"Dingpot, Dingpot, by the bench!
Who is the Nicest Looking Wench?
"

Kaznachey was excitedly chanting in Soren, frolicking amidst the bodies and stretching her arms to the sky, as she circled the lake.

"Are you trying to cast a blinding curse on us?" Adam asked in monotone, being one of the few still conscious, yet paralyzed.

Kaznachey paused her frolicking and giggled "Shut yet mouth."
She seemed to be enjoying herself as she wandered toward him and Circi, skipping from one foot to another, as if she was playing hopscotch.

"Really, you should be grateful it was I who graced you with my presence." she placed a hand on her heart and smiled to herself:

"The real Lucretia was a 3 meter tall, hairy guerilla monster with tusks the size of your forearm. If you'd see her coming at you in a dark alley, you'd water yourself."

She playfully tilted her head to one side with a smile. She was really enjoying herself:

"A little spider-woman told me you've been very naughty, sneaking into alien weapons research facilities without my knowledge or consent. Did you not notice how big the buttons were, on their computer keyboards? Far to big for my delicate hands," Kaznachey showed off her palm that looked graceful and fragile, but was anything but.

"Those computers were made for giant guerilla hands, all furry and gross, eww." She gently waved at her self:

"The REAL Lucretia could never compete with Myyyy beauty."

She slowly stalked toward Adam and tilted her head again with a smile:

"...that cranky old Memory Tree told you were the real Dark Machine is, didn't it? What did you do with it? Hmmm?" she smiled kindheartedly:

"I know you're not insane enough to set it off, and its not on any of your persons soooo... what did you do with it? Tell me, and I won't behead your sweet mother." Kaznachey said pleasantly, as if she was offering him a cookie if he stopped watching too much TV.

Adam opened his mouth with a frown, and his mouth was left hanging open. Eyes slowly grew wide as complete shock washed over him, making his face grow pale. Kaznachey's expression changed and she immediately zeroed in on what he was watching.

//Soundtrack

A golden shine had surrounded Rain, lifting her body up from the ground and making her hover a few centimeters over the snow. Her hands spread wide and in a blinding flash, Squiggles had erupted out of her body, he himself surrounded by the same golden shine that didn't fade for a while, as both he and Rain softly landed back in the snow.

Kaznachey went pale, her mouth fell agape, eyes widened so much there was nothing left there but profound disbelief, shock and finally... Fear.

"What is this?..." she mumbled: "..W-WHAT DID YOU DO!?" She shrieked at the spider
"SQUIGGLE! DID YOU SCREW ME?!"

The spider opened his eyes, so did Rain, regaining full consciousness.

"No!.... NO!...." Kaznachey took a step back, gut wrenching horror consuming her "Its... not true!.... ITS IMPOSSIBLE!!!" She shrieked, taking another panicked step back, her foot catching a rock and almost making her trip and fall over.

Her lips quivered, there was nothing but panic and genuine, uncontrollable fear reflecting behind her eyes as she whispered:

"P-........ Parallel Glasgow.."

"I WILL FUCK UP YOUR FAAAAAAACE!!!!" Squiggles shouted with glee, rampaging across the pit toward the woman in blue, moving so fast and so suddenly, the twin Manticores as the Treasurer were left stunned, just long enough for the spider to close the distance, summon Rain's sword in his teeth and run it into Kaznachey's head so hard, the impact was akin to a baseball bat striking a ball, that resulted in an explosion so devastating that Kaznachey was hurled 15 meters across the pit, colliding and cratering the far wall, sending a spiderweb of cracks to run in every direction.

(Kaznachey suffered -160 Armor damage, her Spectral Armor collapsed.)

Finally regaining their senses, the 4 meter tall Manticores snarled and started to move, ducking low and circling Rain, preparing to tear into her from both sides, when Twilight's body was suddenly surrounded by another blinding golden shine. And as her body rose into the air, Alyx, her Parasite erupted out of her body, making a somersault in the air, summoning her sword and hurling it in the face of the nearest Manticore, embedding it deep in its jaw and making the creature recoil with a horrid, gut wrenching shriek.

"EAT IT YOU BITCH! EAT IT!!!" Alyx shrieked. Somehow, both he and Squiggles had come into physical manifestation, without any use of the Avatar spell. The two had just spawned there, for reasons you couldn't explain, and they seemed as solid and real as they've ever did. The golden glow just began fading around him, when Twilight regained consciousness and Alyx charged at the injured Manticore, Twilight's blade dissipating from the creatures wound.

(The Green Moss-covered Manticore suffered -160 HP damage and its Magic was disabled for 2 turns.)

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain hearing Kaz call squiggles by name... It nearly sent her berzerk, "DONT YOU DARE USE THAT NAME LIKE YOU KNOW HIM! she shreeks, nearly feral. She lunges at the mantacore menacing her. Rains blade flashing as she digs the back of her falchions flare into its chin in a single underhand swing. Her blade dissapears as soon as the blow lands or misses before she follows it up with a downward slash, pressuring the beast her blade appearing again, blade-side shreeking through the air towards the mantacores forehead, "CRACK HER SKULL SQUIGGLES!" She cheers her parasite on.

Circi was about to throw an insult out but her breath catches in her throat, as Rain and Twilight suddenly turn to gold, "What the FU-CH!" She gasps breathing in her own spit and breaking into violent sputtering coughs which turn into some sort of painful combination of laughter and coughing as she watches Rains spider parasite, send Kaz careening into a wall.

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Rogue Fire)

"...I'm sorry, Rogue... I really am. If we had just both been on the same side of this war, maybe we could have been friends... but I am a soldier... and I have a job to do... I have to choose... to protect my species... so I must to become a Red Witcher...

I'm sorry." He aimed down the barrel of his gun.

"Then, from the sound of it, you still don't truly understand what I meant" Rogue says simply.

"In my profession, you do not get close to those you work with. It is rare that we reach the age to retire, and we know that those we fight alongside are nothing more that future names etched on tombstones.

I do not apologise for keeping you at arms length, only hope that you can understand that for my entire life, I have considered myself a dead man walking. I have always known that one mission will be my last - it is only a matter of when, not if, and making sure that if it is my time to go, it is worthwhile.

We work in the shadows, nobody will ever know what we do for them, never thank us for it. But that's not why we do it, we're not heroes in capes.

I do what I do because I believe it is the right thing to do, in order to improve the lives of others, to ensure that they can live the lives they want free from fear.

Sometimes, that requires us to make hard choices on their behalf, do things they might not approve of, if they knew.

But that works both ways.

So here we are, the future of both our species at stake. Both our kinds have been fighting since before either of us was born, and the conventional position of both sides is that the other must be wiped out in order to ensure the survival of their own kind.

On the face of it, Kaznachey does indeed appear to hold all the cards. Her plan is set in motion, and it is very likely to succeed. If it does so, you will be free. Under her most benevolent rule. But would that really be freedom? Can you honestly tell me that that state of affairs would be any better for you, for the entire Glystaria race?

You say you have to choose to protect your species, and you believe that to achieve that, humanity must be wiped out. You present a binary choice, Glystaria or Human.

But there is a third choice.

It doesn't have to be a zero-sum game. It doesn't have to be that in order for you to win, I must lose, or vice-versa.

A third way, that might be completely unthinkable to the powers that be on both sides, because they live in a world of black and white, whilst we walk in the grey.

I do what I do, to improve the lives of other people. But the word 'people' covers more than just humanity, doesn't it?

I did not forget my words to you back then.

I meant them.

I asked you if you would be prepared to sacrifice yourself in order to save your entire species.

Well, I state here and now, without doubt, without hesitation, without hope of recognition, but with complete sincerity, I am prepared to sacrifice myself to save BOTH of our species.

Only we can decide which side of this war we stand on, but are we really on opposite ones?"

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Upon waking up from the slumber, Twilight gave a small smile. A shot of serenity admist the chaos.

Soon after, the smile turned into a wicked grin, and she rushes the injured manticore, calling her blade and leaping over it, swinging her sword so it cleaves through it's spine and several organs. After landing, she made sure to cut it deep again to seal the deal.

"Hey Alyx, yo look great." Her face bore a warm smile as she said it, full of love and pride. He could recall that she made this kind of smile before, usually about her children.

Twilight looked at the crew still on the ground. "I dunno what happened, but it seems the others aren't up yet. Let's make sure they get a chance to wake up. "

She charged up dispel. "Let's kill these beasts before we deal with the big one!"

Dan One

Dan One

"I'm sorry that I failed you, Rose. I'm sorry I couldn't live up to the person your last Witcher was. We never got to know each other in the slightest. I never treated you like a living person and I know that is why you don't trust me or even like me. But, I know deep down and I feel that you do as well that staying and seeing this fight to the end is the best thing to do."

Thena still remains passive though her body and voice begin to shift.

"However not as two souls, but as one. We abandon this idea that it has to be two people inside of this body. We merge our souls and minds into one person. A new life with both of our goals and personalities. We take the first sept into being that which Glysteria and Humanity should have strived for from the start. "

What stands there now is a perfect merging of Rose and Thena in both body and voice. "Perfect Glassglow Synergy!"

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Rogue Fire)

Rolo slightly lifted his head in surprise. For a moment, he stood there in silence, the rain hammering against the barrel of his gun, creating a metalic sound, the downpour soaking his hair, his clothes. His orange eyes glowed in the dark as if they were on fire..

Only a few seconds passed, but it felt like eternity. Then Rolo's gaze softened and he lowered his pistol slightly.

"No... under Kaznachey's rule we will be slaves. It won't be any better, no matter what world we live in.. Alive, yes, but it is truly life? Not the one I imagined for my species."

He looked you in the eye, almost, afraid to hope, he seemed jaded:

"Is it truly possible? For our species to... co-exist? Not in this constant war for dominance, but as... equals?"

(Thena, Owl)

"Seeing this fight to the end is the best thing to do?" Rose repeated, audibly curling her lip in frustration "Best thing for who? Because its not best for me." Her voice echoed with a tint of despair over the rock formation: "...idealists are the worst... running head long into fire and dying young... I won't be like that. Not anymore... I want to live, don't you understand?!" She shrieked, every ounce of frustration and hopelessness spilling out, before she went silent for a long moment.

Thena wrote:"However not as two souls, but as one. We abandon this idea that it has to be two people inside of this body. We merge our souls and minds into one person. A new life with both of our goals and personalities. We take the first sept into being that which Glysteria and Humanity should have strived for from the start. "

What stands there now is a perfect merging of Rose and Thena in both body and voice. "Perfect Glassglow Synergy!"

"What are you even saying Thena," Rose heavily sighed "...I think your brain is melting from taking too many blows to the head."

She remained silent for several moments before calling again, her voice coming out deflated:

"Why would you do that? Why would you do that for me?... Do you even understand what you're asking?"

She went deathly silent before her voice came through, eerily quiet:

"Thena... once you ring that bell, you can't un-ring it."

(Twilight, Rain, Circi)

The purple Manticore was waiting for Rain to attack, it almost seemed to stretch its chin forward, exposing it on purpose. And as soon as you took a stab at it, the Manticore turned into a blur. The 4 meter tall creature shifted its head to the side, juuust enough for the Falcion to pass within an inch of its face, just nearly scraping its skin, and in the same motion, the poisonous tail of the amethyst-covered creature flew right at your center of mass, appearing seemingly out of nowhere.

It intentionally stood slightly sideways to you, hiding its stinger-tail behind its body, and as soon as you attacked, it struck.

You didn't see the tip of its tail, you only saw a sudden movement and a blur, racing toward you. Your cybernetic wired-reflexes kicked it, amplified by your training, and you flung your sword forward in a downward slash, and felt your blade slash across its long tail, kicking it down and making the stinger strike the ground just a few inches away from your foot.

The Manticore bellowed and immediately leaped back, its jagged rotting teeth dripping with sickly purple saliva that glowed faintly in the dark. It shrieked, its massive kangaroo-like legs carrying it a good 5 meters away from you, making it land on all four paws.

The thing was a mass of rotting muscle, its upper back was covered in dark purple amethyst rock. It spread across its skin like an infection, consuming its flesh and in some places, turning parts of its exposed ribs into crystal. And where its stinger had struck the ground, a dark purple amethyst formation began to grow.

You remembered the last time you fought a Manticore. Its teeth and tail left horrifying wounds that defied regeneration. The wounds were permanent.

This amethyst covered Manticore looked different, but you got a bad feeling that if you're cut by its teeth or its tail, even a little bit, something really bad might happen. There was no room for error. A single hit could turn the tide of battle.

The creature locked eyes with you and for a moment you thought it smirked, recognizing a brief moment of fear in your eyes.

And then it went blind.

(The crystal-covered Manticore suffered -150 HP damage and became Blind for 1 turn.)

The thing shrieked in surprise, stretching its neck up. You saw the muscles on its hind legs tense. Its tail waving left and right like a whip and shining with purple rock in the dim sunlight.

Off to the side, as Twilight leaped over the moss-covered Manticore, her blade slashed through its skin and muscle like a knife through butter, embedding itself almost up to a meter in the creatures flesh. But as the blade reached the spine, it got unexpectedly stuck, jolting you and making you crash right on top of its fungi and moss ridden back.

Your robes and armor instantly became covered in a layer of sickly-green pollen that smelled like rotting flesh. For some reason the creatures bones were as thick as stone and your blade managed to chip the edge of the spine and became stuck there, unable to slash it in half. Not only that, but the creatures vertebrae were protruding out of its back, like dull spikes, which made landing on them uncomfortably painful.

As you tried to gather your bearings, wincing, you noticed something flying right at your face. Being stuck in this awkward position atop the creatures back, you suddenly realized you didn't have enough time to dodge.

This was the end.

By the time you realized it was the Manticores stinger flying toward you, it was already within a few centimeters away from your face. A fraction of a second ticked by and your perception of time changed. Over the course of your training in Lieselotte, you've learned how to split a single second, into ten different fractions and notice each one. And just like back then, when you were pushed into an extreme situation, time seemed to slow down to a crawl.

And you saw, how the green, scorpion like tail, raced toward your face, dripping a toxic-green locking ooze, and when it was within a centimeter away from your face, a spike of ice collided with it, dead center, knocking the stinger off course, and you saw in slow motion how it flew off to the side, cutting through your waving hair and slashing off a lock of purple hair, making each strand disperse haphazardly in the wind, before the rest of the tail flew by, colliding with you sideways and throwing you off the Manticores back.

Time returned to its normal flow and you smacked onto the ground and noticed Alyx, pale as a sheet with his hand still raised and palm covered in teal dancing icicles.

(Twilight lost -5 Mana.)

(The moss-covered Manticore lost -200 HP damage, its magic is now disabled for 2 turns total.)

Several more flashes of gold attract your attention, and you saw Viktoria rise from the ground, her expression groggy and pissed off. Flicking her fingers in Kaznachey's direction, prompted a giant 3 meter tall wolf to erupted right out of her finger tips and charge toward the crater in the wall, where Kaznachey was embedded.

Viktoria herself rushed toward her Mothers side, her green scythe materializing in her hands.

The next second Ursula slowly rose from the ground. Her eyes still closed, she spread her hands wide and unfolded all four of her wings, rising up to two meters over the ground. Her body still engulfed in gold, the girl screamed and erupted in an explosion of gold, the shockwave having a form of a sphere that rapidly expanded, washing across nearly the entire diameter of the cave, and as it hit you, you felt a second wind rushing through you, like a spike of adrenaline.

(Your Health has been restored to its Maximum.)

Circi suddenly realized she can move. And so did the other 49 Paralyzed Witchers. It seems the Red Curse never affected them in the first place and they were simply forced to watch the events, paralyzed, until now.

As Ursula landed back on her feet and rushed toward her mother's side, her Parasite erupted out of her back like a shadow and rushed in the opposite direction, towards Kaznachey's crater in the wall.

"...deviants. Freaks of nature." Kaznachey's voice echoed across the cave, making your blood turn cold in your veins, as the wall shook, the spider-web of cracks growing much larger and the woman erupted out of the crater in the wall, causing a small rock slide in her wake.

Her face was distorted in silent rage, teeth clenched, her eyes burning with hatred as she quietly spat:

"...I will not allow this... disgusting mockery... this... Parallel Glasgow." she hissed, as her giant red sword came into being, resting inside her right palm:

"...you're an anomaly... a cancer that must be excised. And I... and the Scalpel!" Kaznachey barked and you realized, she just got serious.

The woman ducked and exploded in a burst of speed, so sudden and powerful she left a gust of wind in her wake. Turning into a blur and readying her red blade to strike, she sprinted right past the Parasites and toward Ursula, who was just a few steps away from reaching Rain's side. There was maybe two seconds left to react.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain sneers as the tail pings off her blade and into the ground. She makes an attempt to slice it off just as it retracts back to its owner. As it responds with a smirk, Rain summons her blade and squares up against it, meeting it with a stoic eye to eye. Before it went blind it saw no fear. Just an enemy at war unwavering. Rain was about to attack when she hears Ursula skid to a stop beside her, "Feels good... doesn't it? We are all the same... all trying to survive. The Glystaria nor Humanity can survive under Kaz's influence." She hears an approach behind her and in an instant turns to block one of Kaz's blows.

Circi feels it all come back to her. Five hours of insults, and it was time to deliver on each and every one. She clutches her fists, and pounds both into the dust beside her. She sits straight up, slides her leg under herself as she takes a knee. She leans forward, digging her toes into the oasis, and then shoots off on an intercept course, a flaming blur of bone and death aimed Straight for Kaznachy.

Her blade crosses over Kaz's burning red blade, locking them together in a short and sudden stalemate, her other hand rises with spider legs whipping beside it to smack away Kaz's incoming block, her mantacore dagger strikes out trying to carve a horizontal line into her forehead before the pommel of Circi's mantacore sword slams into her chest like a cinder block creating a small amount of distance between them as she initiates combat, "I know EXACTLY what im going to take from you" She says through her teeth, every word dripping with poison, "Michi- whoever the fuck? Whether you live or die... I'll make sure they never recognize you again. You wont be hiding beauty for long... I'll make sure of it!" she spits and as Kaz meets her eye to eye once again, she sees firey rage not unlike hers.

With Circis intercept Rains attention turns back to the mantacore, "We got this... Right?" she gently bumps her weight against her daugher, "Mantacore Shmantacore it bleeds it dies." Rain casts a lighting spell at the mantacore and pushes into closer range. Her wings open and she bobs in and out of the mantacores range. Hounding it with lightning spells from above, keeping a close eye on his incoming tail as she limits its options.

Last edited by Some Sinner on Sun 3 Sep - 19:17; edited 9 times in total

Dan One

Dan One

"Because it's the right thing to do, simple as that," Thena answers."I don't need to understand what I am suggesting to know that it. I am ready, as you said, to ring this bell. Are you?"

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Rogue Fire)

Rolo slightly lifted his head in surprise. For a moment, he stood there in silence, the rain hammering against the barrel of his gun, creating a metalic sound, the downpour soaking his hair, his clothes. His orange eyes glowed in the dark as if they were on fire..

Only a few seconds passed, but it felt like eternity. Then Rolo's gaze softened and he lowered his pistol slightly.

"No... under Kaznachey's rule we will be slaves. It won't be any better, no matter what world we live in.. Alive, yes, but it is truly life? Not the one I imagined for my species."

He looked you in the eye, almost, afraid to hope, he seemed jaded:

"Is it truly possible? For our species to... co-exist? Not in this constant war for dominance, but as... equals?"

"Things are only impossible when we decide they are, when we give up and stop trying, when we choose to pick the easy way out" Rogue says,

"Too many people have died already in this war, human and glystaria. It has to stop, for the good of both our kinds, and if we don't do it now, who will?

I'm not saying it will be easy, we'll have to overcome a lot of deeply-entrenched views on both sides, but this may be the best opportunity to enact true lasting change that we ever get.

We have the chance to make a difference, and we have to take it. We owe it to future generations to leave the world in a better state than we found it in, and I for one have no intention of disappointing them."

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Thena, Owl)

"...No, I'm not ready." Rose's tone had grown deflated and quiet. "There is a bleeding wound in my chest, that's still fresh, and I don't know if it will heal... it haunts me, influences every decision I make... it wears me down, makes me tired. But in the moments of lucidity, I find myself wanting to live."

She went silent for a very long moment, before she went on "Tell me Thena, if there was a way to release me from my contract, would you let me go free?" she spoke, sounding as if she was walking on glass, her voice trembling, pained, yet determined:

"If some day I asked to go free, would you let me? Would you surrender the power of Witchers? Your regeneration, your magic, your Witcher weapons and Limit Breaks? Would you surrender it all, if it meant I could go free? If there was a way... if I asked for it... would you surrender your power, to let me go free?"

Rose stepped around the corner of the rock formation to your right. She was partially hidden in cover, but you could see her eyes. Cautious eyes, anxious and worried, but staring right at you, drilling a hole in your very soul. She awaited an answer.

(Rogue Fire)

Rolo finally lowered his gun and smiled. His haggard, jaded expression relaxed, as if a great burden had been lifted off his shoulders.

"I'd like that very much." He beamed a bright smile, and though black circles still lingered under his eyes, he seemed truly happy.

And then a golden light had suddenly ignited in your chest and swallowed the world.

(Rogue, Twilight, Circi and Rain)

//Soundtrack

Several flashes of golden light erupted across the battlefield, as Rain slashed at the Manticore's tail, just as it leaped back, leaving behind a long cut across its scaly, lizard-like surface and shedding a trace of blood in its wake.

(The Amethyst Manticore suffered -100 HP damage)

It seems the wounds you were leaving were slowing catching fire, starting as a slow purple blaze that grew stronger, the larger and longer the wounds became. The brief conversation with Ursula proved to be a fatal mistake however. By the time you set eyes on Kaznachey, she was already a hair length away from Ursula.

Time slowed down to a crawl as you saw Kaz launch herself forward in a massive 5 meter long leap, her blade raised horizontally and aimed to slice off Ursula's head in one devastating motion. You saw every individual bead of sweat on Ursula's forehead, as the girl looked you in the eye, her golden eyes filling with fear, her back turned to Kaznachey as she slowly recognized the threat, too slowly.

Your cybernetic wired reflexes kicked in, amplified by your training. In one fluid motion, you sprang off your feet, launching yourself in between Kaznachey and your daughter, grabbing Ursula's forearm with one hand and pulling her behind you, while you raised your falcion to meet Kaznachey's blade head on.

It felt as if you were moving through wax, the time moving so slowly you saw a snowflake as it was cut in half by the Parasites red blade, as it raced toward you. You thought you heard yourself scream, as you struggled with every muscle in your body to lift your sword high enough to deflect the devastating incoming blow.

And in a heartbeat, time resumed its normal course and the next events happened in a split second, almost too fast for the eye to see.

You pulled Ursula back by her forearm. She seemed as if she would trip for a moment, before she scowled at something behind you, materializing a level 1 circular shield right at her back, which she used as a platform to plant both feet on and launch yourself somewhere behind you, out of your sight.

Before you, Kaznachey's scowl drew close. You just managed to bring your second arm around to grip the falcious with both hands, when the Parasites fiery red blade collided with you, with the power of a wrecking ball.

A massive shockwave of sound washed over the battlefield, as you feet were planted into the floor and you cratered the rock under your feet, running your boots into the ground up to a hole 10 centimeters, sending a web of cracks to spread from you in every direction and small pieces of debris to rain by your face, as you met the full force of the Ancient Parasite, and held.

Your swords crossed with such power, it generated an explosion of its own, cratering Kaznachey's feet in the floor, just like it did yours. Her blue face, distorted by uncontrollable fury and a horrible scowl, was a few centimeters away from your eyes.

Kaznachey gritted her teeth and pressed hard against your sword, her slender looking arms packed the strength of 10 men and you felt yourself being pushed back by brute force alone, as she pressed her searing red blade against your purple falcion, bringing her weapon closer and closer to your face.

And in the same second, you heard the massive Manticore beast rampaging across the pavement behind you, aiming to pierce you right in the back with its stinger. And when it was 5 meters away, Ursula had taken off the ground, and taking flight feet first, she fluidly zig-zagged past its stinger, making it pass just a few inches away from her face, before the girl planted both of her armored boots into the creatures face, drop kicking it so hard, the monster tripped over itself and tumbled in your direction, shrieking in a horrid, gut-wrenching manner.

Half of its face was covered in blood that sprayed out of a freshly cut gaping wound across its eye that Ursula had cut on her way past it, as she flew by. You suddenly realized the tumbling Manticore is about to collide with you and likely crush you and Kaznachey under its weight, which only made the blue parasite smile and press at you even harder with her sword, trying to pin your feet in place.

(The Amethyst Manticore suffered -200 HP damage)

At that moment, Circi flew into your field of vision. Kaznachey's eyes darted in her direction at the very last second and another ringing explosion rang, as in a single motion, the parasite hurled herself to the left, out of Rain's direction of attack and deflected Circi's buster sword with a long, screeching and painful ringing.

Sparks flew across the floor and Kaznachey smacked your sword aside with her blade. As your hands and spider legs rose to knock her blade to the side, Kaznachey lifted her left forearm and a Level 1 teal Shield materialized diagonally over her shoulder and head, making your spider legs sharply bounce back off it and making the shield crumble.

Unexpectedly whipping your dagger into Kanachey's face, forced the woman to lean back, the dagger reaching its maximum range within an inch of the parasites nose, and Kaz took a few firm and quick steps back, making the pummeling attack of your swords hilt to hit empty air.

Kaznachey was focused on Circi now, standing maybe 3 meters away and keeping her sword raised, its heat so palpable, it felt like a furnace. Kaznachey's hair suddenly began standing on end, small sparks of electricity coursed through her body and an alarmingly large pentagram suddenly lit up under the snow, just under her feet, while off to the side, a giant toppling Manticore was about to collide with Rain and possibly with Circi as well, threatening to flatten them where they stood.

Rogue had woken up in the middle of the battlefield, finding himself in the middle of an army of 49 Witchers, who were all getting back to their feet beside him. But unlike them, Rogue was the only one who's Parasite had suddenly come into physical manifestation, shortly after his awakening.

Rolo had burst out of his chest almost as soon as you opened your eyes and stood up surveying the battle.

A few seconds later you saw Laughing Lighting screaming like a maniac and riding atop a giant and very long parasite cat, as she galloped by you and headed toward Twilight and Viki, who seemed to have challenged the second Manticore.

"ROGUE!" You heard a girl bark behind you and found Zoy, as she grabbed your shoulder, turning you around to face her:

"WE HAVE TO GET CONTROL OF THE BATTLEFIELD!" she winced and looked up, just as the racket began growing louder and toward the top of the pit, some 300 meters above, you, a sea of small Parasites began spilling into the pit from above, like a dam had broken, releasing a flood of countless, orange parasites.

They scurried down the wall, hurrying to the bottom of the pit, toward you, while some lost grip and fell to their deaths, each one no bigger that an average dog, but there were hundreds of them, and they just kept spilling into the pit.

"ROGUE SOMEONE NEEDS TO USE HEIGHTENED SENSES AGAIN!" Zoy yelled over the racked "THERE MAY BE PENTAGRAMS HIDDEN UNDER THE SNOW HERE! AND SOMEONE NEEDS TO SCAN KAZNACHEY AND THE MANTICORES! WE NEED TO TAKE CONTROL OF THE BATTLEFIELD OR WE'RE DEAD!"

Dan One

Dan One

"When that day comes and if you decide you want to make your own way, say the word and I will let you go." Thena nods to her

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Thena, Owl)

For what must have been the first time, since you met, Rose release a small but genuine smile. And nodded:

"Thank you... Thena.." she closed her eyes. And as a golden light began to shine in your chest, rapidly expanding, you heard her soft voice in your head:

"I'll hold you to that."

(Everyone)

Thena woke up with a start. Jolting awake and sitting up on the cold stone floor, you were shrouded by a brief moment of silence as Rose burst out of your chest and stood to full height, looking at her own palms and inspecting them, before clutching her fists:

"I'm... back." She said, releasing a small smirk, and then the world exploded around you in a cacophony of barking and gut wrenching shrieking.

Three dozen Witchers were sprinting right at you from one side, their armored boots clanking so loud over the floor, it was near deafening, their swords raised and faces distorted in anger.

On the other side, a few hundred dog-sized parasites were spilling into the pit from up top, running down the walls and some of them falling from a height of 300 meters right to their deaths, splattering against the stone floor and their bodies exploding like grenades with a spray of orange blood and guts. But too many were making down safely and a whole wave of them was rushing right at you, like an orange sea, their jaws and claws snapping.

Witchers sprinting at you from one side and Parasites on the other, you realized you're sitting right in the middle of where this clash will take place.

Off to the side, you see Twilight and Viki trying to throw down with a moss-covered Manticore.

Some distance away in another direction, Rain and Circi seemed to have directly challenged Kaznachey, their stalemate promising to be very brief, as a giant 4 meter tall, Amethyst covered Manticore was toppling head over heel over its own body and threatening to flatten them all.

Lightning was trying to circle around Kaznachey, and get her from the back. Why Lightning thought she was being inconspicuous while riding an overgrown 8 meter long parasite cat, was anyones guess, but by her manic grin, she thought she was sneaking behind Kaz without her knowledge.

Rogue and Zoy had awoken in the back of the cave, and with each passing second, more and more of your companions were waking up, their parasites in tow.

Dan One

Dan One

"Fight where you'll be your best, the kusarigama is yours for the fight" she passes her the box with the God Killer then turns and charges toward the amethyst manticore. Double checking if she needs to recast any spells and only recasting Wall Run if she needs to.

Once in range Thena summons her Witcher Chakram and tosses it at the amythest manticore. As the attack lands the weapon is called back to Thena. She repeats the process as fast as she can. Each strike aimed for a different spot in order to figure out where, if at all, the creature has any vulnerable spots. Her attacks both designed to learn what she can and to draw its focus to her.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Circi doesn't break eye contact with Kaz, but smirks as her foot slides back. She suddenly leaps into the air in a near backflip before reeling her knees back just as the tumbling manticore rolls over her previous position. She smacks a spiderleg against it, adjusting her trajectory. unloading a dropkick like Ursulas to keep the manticores momentum towards Kaz, putting the manticore between her and blue woman. Circi seems like shes about to land on her back but her spider legs catch her, acting like springs and absorbing her landing. Circi sprints after the flailing manticore, moving straight for its head her blade already raised in a beheading strike not unlike its master might do to it in a moment.

Rain looks to the Amethyst manticore and dives rolls out of the way. Her armor clattering as it pounds against the oasis floor. Rain suddenly remembers something and scans the floor, 'Squiggles! The ark! Lets smash it!' she tests in her mind to see if their still psychically linked.

Rain hunts for the Ark amist the chaos, cutting down parasites alongside unnamed witchers.

Last edited by Some Sinner on Wed 6 Sep - 21:59; edited 1 time in total

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"Apreciate that!" TWilight says.

She thought she would enschew the bones from now. But since the beast had a structure close enough to an animal, she figured she could cut some nerves and tendons to cripple it.

With that in mind, she first went to the backside of the beast and deliver a cut to the base of the tail, angled so the bone wouldn't slow her blade down, as she escaped soon after to go for a paw instead.

"Everyone's back on their feet." She quietly mused. Then she spoke up. "The time is now! This is the moment we will demolish the pride of the creature that terrorized us for so long! Do not waver in attack, blind her, deafen her, take her magic, take her limbs! Show her that death comes for every last creature, even her!"

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:Rogue had woken up in the middle of the battlefield, finding himself in the middle of an army of 49 Witchers, who were all getting back to their feet beside him. But unlike them, Rogue was the only one who's Parasite had suddenly come into physical manifestation, shortly after his awakening.

Rolo had burst out of his chest almost as soon as you opened your eyes and stood up surveying the battle.

"I don't remember casting Avatar?" Rogue says.

Kaylee Brown wrote:A few seconds later you saw Laughing Lighting screaming like a maniac and riding atop a giant and very long parasite cat, as she galloped by you and headed toward Twilight and Viki, who seemed to have challenged the second Manticore.

"ROGUE!" You heard a girl bark behind you and found Zoy, as she grabbed your shoulder, turning you around to face her:

"WE HAVE TO GET CONTROL OF THE BATTLEFIELD!" she winced and looked up, just as the racket began growing louder and toward the top of the pit, some 300 meters above, you, a sea of small Parasites began spilling into the pit from above, like a dam had broken, releasing a flood of countless, orange parasites.

They scurried down the wall, hurrying to the bottom of the pit, toward you, while some lost grip and fell to their deaths, each one no bigger that an average dog, but there were hundreds of them, and they just kept spilling into the pit.

"ROGUE SOMEONE NEEDS TO USE HEIGHTENED SENSES AGAIN!" Zoy yelled over the racked "THERE MAY BE PENTAGRAMS HIDDEN UNDER THE SNOW HERE! AND SOMEONE NEEDS TO SCAN KAZNACHEY AND THE MANTICORES! WE NEED TO TAKE CONTROL OF THE BATTLEFIELD OR WE'RE DEAD!"

"On it!" Rogue nods, quickly casting Heightened Senses.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
THENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f389  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a  Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 1f38a

Witchers of Nifelheim - Finale - Page 2 381_1

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Bappy Pirthdee teener

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Gathering your bearings you noticed that all your buffs had been Dispelled in the initial barrage of anti-air fire that brought you down from the skies. Spectral Armor, Heightened Senses, Wallrun, they were all gone.

With a quick flick of her wrist, Thena's feet were surrounded by a ghostly blue glow again, making your feet able to run over walls.

"200 Mana remaining," You heard Rose's voice in your head. It sounded strange, different somehow. As if she was talking to you through a walkie-talkie, yet her lips never moved and her voice never materialized in the real world. Its like she spoke directly in your head, even though she was well over a dozen meters away, much farther than any Avatar spell allowed.

The Manticore was toppling over its own head across the ground, over and over, as it neared Rain, Circi and Kaznachey, threatening to flatten them all. Such a 4 meter tall creature must have weighted several tons and there was barely any hope of adjusting its trajectory, as it rolled toward you in a ball of flailing claws, teeth and poisonous stinger on its tail.

Circi leaped into the air, creating a small gust of wind and noticed in slow motion, how the Manticore rolled in a ball, just a few centimeters below your face, its razor sharp claws just nearly scraping your skin and cutting off a loose strand of your orange hair. And as you did a near perfect backflip over its flailing carcass, you saw Kaznachey practically explode in place, as the woman jumped so hard and so suddenly, it cratered the stone floor beneath her feet.

She wasn't retreating, she launched herself right at you. And as the Manticore rolled through below your bodies and you landed on the ground on all six spider-legs, there was a moment, a fraction of a second where you were absorbing the momentum of the landing, your spider-legs bouncing you back, to prevent you from hitting the floor.

At that fraction of a second, you couldn't dodge, and that's when Kaznachey whipped her left hand forward and all the electricity accumulating over her body - shot forth. A deafening thunderclap rocket the pit as a blinding flash of lighting struck you dead center, making every muscle in your body contort. Pain. Nothing but pain filled your world for a moment, and when you opened your eyes next, Kaznachey had already landed and launched herself at you.

You blinked and saw in slow motion how the woman leaped right at you, covering the 2 meter distance between you, how her face was filled with the anticipation of the kill, her blue eyes reflecting bloodlust, like a shark that smelled blood in the water. Her searing red blade racing toward your neck in a horizontal wide arc. It was already inches away from your head, she's about to behead you.

(Circi suffered -40 HP damage, 92 HP remaining.)

The crystal covered Manticore finally lost its momentum and came to a grinding halt, flipping on its back, then rolling back to its stomach, but its mass and size didn't allow it quick maneuverability, and Thena's Chakram struck. Two strikes across its wide exposed belly - where the orange glowing ribs showed amidst the rotting flesh, then one strike across its front-left knee and two more across the crystal covered side.

The Manticore shrieked in outrage, then hunched over, standing on all fours and vomited under its feet, filling the ground its black as tar liquid, with sparkling tiny Amethysts mixed in. It looks like the attack on its belly did the most damage. There was no skin there, no stone Amethysts to shield its inner organs. But now that the creature flopped back on its feet and stood on all fours, it hunched low to the ground, almost completely hiding its belly.

(The Amethyst Manticore suffered, -80 HP, -40 HP, -10 HP, -10 HP)

And while the Manticore was preoccupied with retching its guts, you suddenly saw a teal blue chain of the Kusarigama, covered in tiny ice crystals, flying at the Manticores tail. The blade was too fast to track, but you saw the chain, as it whipped out and wrapped several times around the monsters tail, leaving behind immediate and ugly signs of frostbite, before Rose suddenly and violently yanked the chain back, and the blade sliced off the creatures tail clean, about a meter below its Amethyst covered stinger.

Purple blood gushed out in droves, as if a massive artery was sliced open, spraying in every direction and leaving hot smoldering puddles of unnerving dark liquid on the ground, as the Manticore wailed, uncontrollably thrashing in place, and the top of its tail fell to the ground, clattering loudly.

(The Amethyst Manticore suffered -300 HP damage, its stinger has been sliced off.)

(The Amethyst Manticore suffered Frostbite for 1 turn, making its movements more sluggish)

A thin layer of teal frost covered the creatures body, making it shiver. Its eyes went wild, it shrieked in a gut wrenching and horrid voice that made your hair stand on end, as if it was the cry from hell itself, as if every person who ever lived and died, screamed at the same time.

Its frenzied eyes zeroed on Thena and the creature rushed right at her. The 5 meter distance between you was reduced in a heartbeat and you saw its massive jaws snapping and opening wide, right next to your face, threatening to bite off your head.

As its giant maw opened, you saw black as tar bile drip through its fangs, with toxic purple diamonds sparkling and spilling out together with its spit and clatter across the stone floor.

"Destroy the Ark, copy!" Squiggles' voice clearly rang in your head, even though he never opened his jaws in the real world.

Among the sea of moving feet and bodies, you saw the glitter of the Red Orb, sitting in a shallow socket om the ground, in the middle of the chamber. Ducking low and moving his legs incredibly fast, Squiggles skedaddled right through the crowd of Witchers and Parasites, as the two armies clashed, prompting several Parasites to be kicked and launched into the air, as they flailed and screamed horribly before falling back into the orange sea of its brethren.

Without wasting a moment, Squiggles rammed his way through, came to a screeching halt before the Orb, kicked it up to have it fly at his eye level, and in a single spin, he summoned the Purple Flacion and hit the Orb with it horizontally, as if he was playing baseball.

A profound shriek of a dozen voices filled the air, all screaming in a sudden and indescribable agony, as the Orb shattered in two perfect halves, releasing a gust of scarlet fire and a the bodies of 12 massive Parasites. Rotting rat creatures, disfigured moles and worms with dozens of legs, each one reaching up to 5 meters in height alone.

And as they emerged out of the broken Orb, their bodies split in half, horizintally, right at the waist. Blood, gore and viscerra spilled out in droves, flooding the ground, as the creatures wailed and finally, grew silent.

The Red Orb had grown dark, its halves now a dull gray, resembling a simple glass ornament.

"AAAAAAAAHAHA!! AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" Squiggles laughed in glee, his eyes filled with bloodlust, as he raised his 4 mandibles up to the sky:

"BOW, MORTALS, FOR I'M YOUR NEW MASTER!!!"

His outburst drew the attention of a nearby Witcher who spun around and almost took Squiggles' head off, but stayed his hand at the last moment. Staring in astonishment at the hellish spider, the Witcher blinked several times, as if his eyes were deceiving him. Soon you realized the source of his hesitation.

Looking at the spiders soul with Heightened Senses, made Squiggles seem like a Witcher. The golden thread linking his soul to Rain's, was almost visible. But this link was different.

There was no - one soul, dominating control of the body, over the other. It seems both souls were linked, and were on equal footing.

Rain and Squiggles existing both in the real world, at the same time, and still linked by the Glasgow Synergy. You've never seen a type of link like this before.

There was no time limit on Squiggles' manifestation, no spell like Avatar that was needed to be cast and re-cast. Squiggles simply existed in the real world now, while still maintaining a Synergy with Rain. And albeit with a delay, the Witcher seemed to recognize it, although it did little to quell his fear or astonishment.

Off to the side, the moss-covered Manticore screeched, reeling and jumping in place to face Twilight, as the mage tried to circle around. The Manticore must have realized your intent at stabbing it in the backside and it intentionally spinned in place with a jump, its just right in front of you now. You saw a suddenly movement toward you and reacted on reflex, without even realizing what was moving in your direction.

Only a moment later, as you jumped sideways, you saw the Manticores jagged teeth bite empty air, where your head and upper torso had been a second ago. Its maw passing within an inch of your face. As soon as you landed on your feet, you were forced to immediately bent backwards, almost falling on your back and whipping out one arm to smash it onto the ground, as the Manticores poisonous tail flashed over you, striking like a whip and hitting empty air, where your face had just been.

Landing onto the ground, you spun on your back, simultaneously slashing the creatures front paw and hurling yourself away from it, in a leaping motion, you were rewarded by a spray of spawn-colored blood and a pained screech from the creature.

A mere month ago, you could not imagine yourself having this level of reflex or martial technique, and a growing feeling began to emerge in the pit of your stomach, that if you hadn't trained so hard in martial arts with Larsen, you likely wouldn't have been able to dodge these attacks, some of which would have been likely lethal.

(The Moss-covered Manticore suffered -150 HP damage, its magic is disabled for 2 turns total.)

The next second a giant bipedal orange wolf collided with the Manticore, slashing it across the face with its massive, 1 meter long claws, over and over in a merciless, savage blood-frenzy. The Manticores face was quickly turning into a mess of red meat, sliced through so deep and so many times, it was quickly becoming unrecognizable.

Viktoria's Parasite - Guillotine was rending the flesh from the bone with each strike, leaving behind what could only be described as a zombie-like abomination, its skin flailed off and head reduced to a mass of exposed muscle and bone that bled everywhere, covering the wolf in a spray of arterial blood.

It was one of the most horrifying things you ever got to see in your life.

(The Moss-covered Manticore suffered -400 HP damage)

The Manticore shrieked, whipping its tail at the wolf and leaping back. A sharp metalic sound rang through the air, as Viktoria jumped up and deflected the stringer with her flaming scythe, a second before it struck her parasite.

Landing on all fours, some 5 meters away, the Manticore breathed heavily, its massacred face bleeding across the stone floor in a waterfall of blood. It clenched its jappeg, dirty teeth and hunched over, collecting itself into a ball. The bright green moss and glowing mushrooms atop its back suddenly started to vibrate with a strange audible sound, akin to flour being put through a sieve. The mushrooms started growing larger in width, their strange hole-filled form glowing brighter and stronger.

Rogue wrote:"I don't remember casting Avatar?" Rogue says.

"We didn't" Rolo's voice calmly rang in your head, even as he materialized next to you, watching as a wall of Witchers clashed with several hundred parasites that kept leaping and falling into the pit from above. The battlefield in the distance quickly turned into a mass of bodies and snapping teeth. The Witchers formed a half circle around the Parasites and didn't move an inch, even as the creatures began to bite into them, tearing into their flesh.

You're not sure if one of them gave the command, or they just came to a collective decision without using words, but the 49 Witcher survivors seemed desperate to shield you from the Horde, so you could face Kaznachey and his Manticores undisturbed. How long the Witcher's can hold off the assault of the Horde, however, remained unknown. 5 minutes at most, you imagined, if that. The Horde just kept pouring into the cave, there was no end to them. And the Witchers below would get tired, at some point. They would run out of Mana.

Concentrating you drew the sign for the Heightened Senses spell in the air with your index and middle fingers put together, and took in the battlefield. What you saw, stunned you.

The entire snow covered floor was riddled with dozens upon hundreds of Pentagrams, of every known spell. Single fire and Area of Effect. Ranging from level 2 and up to level 4. Everything you could imagine, was carved into the stone floor here and ready to fire within a split second notice. You imagined that even if you tried, you would exhaust your Mana and there still would be unused Pentagrams left on the floor.

Off to the side, where the beheaded Griffons laid, you saw a Magic Calibration stone, peaking out from one of the saddlebags.

And at the front lines, where the Witcher's were battling the Parasite horde, you sensed that several of them carried Mana and Health potions. Both potions toxic and not without side-effects, but could spell the difference between life and death, if used at the right moment.

You recalled their effects:

Potion of Wicked Regeneration
-----------------------------
A scarlet red looking potion that suspiciously smells of iron.
Restores 40 HP immediately, but temporarily reduces Sanity by 20.

Potion of Forsaken Mana
-----------------------
A blue looking potion with a very strong and horrid odor.
Restores 40 Mana immediately, but temporarily reduces Sanity by 20.
(-20 HP for Sinners)

Potion of Twisted Souls
-----------------------
A sickly orange looking potion that shines in the dark.
Restores 40 Sanity immediately, but consumes 20 HP.

A brief self reflection revealed you only have 1 Sanity left, out of 60 Maximum. You imagined everyone had 1 Sanity left, after breaking Kaznachey's Curse.
What would happen exactly, if your Sanity was reduced to zero again, now that a Parallel Glasgow Synergy was established, you didn't know. But something told you, it would be extremely unpleasant to find out.

"SUPPORT CIRCI!!!" Lightning's piercing shout cut through the air, as the girl galloped atop a giant and very long orange cat, toward the woman in a blue dress. Kaznachey was about to behead Circi, and Lightning was slowly realizing that she wouldn't make it in time to stop it from happening.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum