The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Digital Waltz

+3
Rogue Fire
Dallas courtright
Silent Mist/Moon Dusts
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 40]

926Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 3 Oct - 11:47

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

The Hooded Figure wrote:
Violet Night wrote:Rain doesn't break her stride, "good to know oboro was right..." she huffs, "...though please keep your thoughts to yourself next time its best she doesn't know about this until we finish what we are doing here." she glares back at whom she was talking to, Oboro, "Thats IF she comes back." she stays ahead of the group, her cool Rain blue eyes gazing ahead, "...if she gets upset its my desision... Thats what we can tell her and i'll take the hit... Until then I hope you all keep your gobs shut about this persay she returns

"Now... About releasing one of those hostages."

"I disagree" the Hooded Figure said "She has a right to know; too much has been hidden from her already, and this could provide some well-needed closure."

"Well... Your an adult yes? Im just the general of a distant country... You dont have to listen to me..." her eyes catch the hooded figure, "that voice of yours reminds me of an old friend." she looks at him knowingly, "perhaps you know wavern?" she looks back to where she was going.

"Anywhom like i said... I hope you can keep your mouths shut... Not that I expect you to anyway..." she sighs in a hint of frustration and a side of annoyance.

Violets ears let up as the tension begins breaking down.

927Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 3 Oct - 12:01

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Violet Night wrote:
The Hooded Figure wrote:
Violet Night wrote:Rain doesn't break her stride, "good to know oboro was right..." she huffs, "...though please keep your thoughts to yourself next time its best she doesn't know about this until we finish what we are doing here." she glares back at whom she was talking to, Oboro, "Thats IF she comes back." she stays ahead of the group, her cool Rain blue eyes gazing ahead, "...if she gets upset its my desision... Thats what we can tell her and i'll take the hit... Until then I hope you all keep your gobs shut about this persay she returns

"Now... About releasing one of those hostages."

"I disagree" the Hooded Figure said "She has a right to know; too much has been hidden from her already, and this could provide some well-needed closure."

"Well... Your an adult yes? Im just the general of a distant country... You dont have to listen to me..." her eyes catch the hooded figure, "that voice of yours reminds me of an old friend." she looks at him knowingly, "perhaps you know wavern?" she looks back to where she was going.

"Anywhom like i said... I hope you can keep your mouths shut... Not that I expect you to anyway..." she sighs in a hint of frustration and a side of annoyance.

Violets ears let up as the tension begins breaking down.

"Maybe he was from Trottingham, i've been told we do all tend to sound the same" the Hooded Figure suggested.

928Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 3 Oct - 15:46

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"Sounds accurate I guess..." she shrugs giving him a nod as she looks for an exit, "...this place is lovely eh? I love being stuck in deep holes..." she frowns.

929Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 3 Oct - 17:34

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Oboro glared back when she was looked at. "I can't promise that, It depends on the situation. Besides, if she does get curious..."

Arnold raises an eyebrow. "Isn't this a tad disrespectful? She is a grown woman after all."

"Off topic, should we get a hostage free? I say yes, but I do want to know what you guys think."

Angelo shakes his head. "Don't do that yet. Something tells me that hostage will be "taken care of" after it goes free. Call it a hunch."

930Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Wed 4 Oct - 11:37

Dan One

Dan One

(Serena/Radiance)
"Robot" Serena mutters "It's a robot. A robot who gave us a sneak peek into the mind of a murder victim."

Radiance raises an eyebrow at Serena but goes on to answer the question regarding the hostage "Moral compass says release one, but my guts saying that they're safer in that room. Going to say we only release the hostages after we get Madelyn's memories back."

931Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Wed 4 Oct - 15:39

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

“Maybe We should get to our destination and then release a hostage. Perhaps we can get information from them, one way or another.” Moon sighed. Something seemed to be bothering her, not that she would say anything. Mist frowned. “Part of me thinks that this is not something we should get involved in. But I’m guessing it’s too late to back out now.”

932Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Wed 4 Oct - 17:36

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Tomas sighed with a pained expression: "...I don't believe its about whether Madelyn has a right to know. She is a grown woman and has every right. That's not the concern.

I'm worried whether she's in a state of mind to handle this kind of pressure.

Madelyn has been struggling with severe mental stress, ever since this morning. Probably even before that.
She tried to jump off a bridge for gods sake... can you imagine what's happening inside her head?

To wake up with amnesia, not recognize the city you've grown in. Be on the brink of suicide. Then discover your body if filled with metal parts and cybernetics, that you don't remember installing.

The whole city coming down to murder you, you don't even know why.

Then to discover you have a 12 year old daughter and you've been away from her for 44 years? Can you imagine what this woman is feeling right now? Do we really need to add anymore to that?"

Tomas sighed and looked down: "...yes, I absolutely agree that she has to know. But, we have to be careful with our timing... we can't just, irresponsibly throw this information at her.
It can break her... maybe it already did.." he looked at Maddie, who was stiffly marching beside Rain, in front of the group.

"...I believe we need to choose very carefully, when and what exactly we will tell Madelyn, when she come's back to herself... we have to be gentle, her mind is already dealing with immense stress...

We have to treat her as a human being. She shows emotion. Feelings. Consciousness"

Tomas said, throwing a brief glance at Serena:

"I don't care if those tears were a synthetic liquid. She cried. I saw tears running down her cheeks.

I cannot treat her like a toaster! I won't"

There was a long pause, before Noel's voice rang in the earpiece again:

"..I'm sorry, I don't have the surgeons name or the ones who dismissed his report about the cause of death. These files are old, hand written. Its a miracle we even found what we did...
I'll keep looking either way. Noel out.
"

Mira quietly nodded and looked at everyone: "..about the hostages.. I think we should wait..

Maybe you're right, maybe something will happen to them, if they're released. Maybe they will be 'taken care of' by someone.

During our conversation with Kaylee, she accented the word 'Safe Room'. It almost sounded like she didn't want to leave.
Perhaps she wanted to say that the room was safe for the hostages.

Perhaps Clopin didn't want to let Twilight, Kaylee and Mercer leave, because it wouldn't be safe for them outside. Because if they leave, they will be 'taken care of', by someone."

"..you believe Clopin's a good guy?" Tomas quietly asked.

"He stopped the police raid on the Labyrinth" Mira replied: "He seems concerned about Madelyn and repeatedly acted to save her life, and ours"

"He claims to possess the canisters of Marek's Gene Virus" Tomas quietly said: "He threatened to release the virus, and kill the hostages, if Madelyn died"

"How do we know he's not bluffing?" Mira skeptically asked: "Where did he even get the Gene Virus? Those canisters were confiscated after the Slavegear incident. If they weren't incinerated immediately and instead stored somewhere, the security around them would be insane"

"...why would he lie about them?" Tomas asked after a moment: "Why threaten to release them in the first place?"

"...well, what did he accomplish by saying those words?" Mira asked: "He got the whole cities attention. He forced everyone to notice what he was doing and he bullied the security forces into initiating a city wide lockdown.
No one can enter or leave Adelheid now, until the Virus threat has been disproven or dealt with"

"...he wanted a city lockdown?" Tomas slowly asked: "Why?"

"Maybe he doesn't want someone leaving" Mira thought: "Or someone entering. Either way, he had to know the police protocols for a Gene Virus scenario. It almost seemed like he used it as a tool to initiate a city lockdown.
I'm speculating of course, but, it would fit his profile as a good guy, pretending to be bad."

"Just because we want him to be good, doesn't mean he is" Tomas sighed: "We just don't know that. We can't bank on it.
Clopin is a wild card. Unpredictable. We have to treat him as such" he said, as everyone moved down the tunnel.

The walk through the poorly lit Labyrinth lasted for some time. When you finally emerged, out of an abandoned underground railway station, the sight of clearing skies stood out in your view.

The storm clouds were passing over the city, moving further and further away. The rain had stopped, instead revealing the evening blue sky above.

The sunlight still lit up the streets well enough, despite the late hour and as the injured and frightened civilians began to disperse, Mira vigilantly scanned the surrounding area.

You appear to be in the middle of an old, secluded part of town. Five floored buildings surrounded the abandoned street, where you have emerged. This part of town seemed old, the buildings well over 60 years old. Faded graffiti and old junk were visible everywhere.

The whole area seemed eerily quiet and almost deserted. No cars passed through the narrow streets and no voices were heard.

Mira squinted and bit and zeroed in on one of the structures.
Waving you to follow, she began marching along one of the streets, stepping carefully but confidently, as she avoided the month old garbage under her feet.

A few moments later, she was standing in front of the main entrance, to one of the old, seemingly abandoned buildings on the street. A five floored apartment complex.

She looked up at the dark windows, seemingly listening, then looked at you and nodded:

"Alright. The hacker known as 'Blinchyk' has a safe house, on the 4th floor of this building here. Room number 23.
He's an anarchist, known for leaking sensitive information and getting his nose wherever it doesn't belong.

He sent me very heavy stuff, several times, demanded I make it public. Unsolved crimes, unwanted corporate secrets, stuff like that.
I may disapprove of his methods, but he has heart.

If anyone truly knows what's happening inside Adelheid, its this guy. I believe we should pay him a quick visit. Hopefully he's staying in here"

Mira said, looking up at the windows of the 4th floor:

"He's not expecting company and he doesn't like uninvited visitors, so he may be a little jumpy.
But if possible, I think we should try working with him. He may really give us an edge out there"

Tomas leaned against the wall, next to the main building entrance and tried to listen for noise.

Madelyn stood just behind him, leaning against the wall as well:

"...Ready" she quietly whispered: "On Your. Order"

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

933Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Thu 5 Oct - 16:49

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:"He's not expecting company and he doesn't like uninvited visitors, so he may be a little jumpy.
But if possible, I think we should try working with him. He may really give us an edge out there"

Tomas leaned against the wall, next to the main building entrance and tried to listen for noise.

Madelyn stood just behind him, leaning against the wall as well:

"...Ready" she quietly whispered: "On Your. Order"

"You know him best, maybe it would be wise for you to meet him first" the Hooded Figure asks Mira.

934Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Fri 6 Oct - 17:57

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Oboro nodded. "It would be unwise for us all to go in anyway. epecially wih police forces among us. But going in alone may not be enough. Who to go with her?"

Arnold grinned. "Why not you?"

She raised an eyebrow in response. "How would that be smart? You've seen today, I'm bad at diplomacy."

The big lug replied. "Because you would represent something else. It's not like you're fighting fit anymore, even with the weapon on your arm. For someone of your position to ask help from a hacker, he must realize it's really serious now."

Oboro shook her head. "I'll probably scare him off."

935Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Fri 6 Oct - 19:49

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"I-I could go..." Violet waves with a smile, "I mean, im pretty harmless right?" she laughs "I'm no hacker but im rather peaceful yes?"

Rain shifts in place waiting to take action, listening to thr groups desision.

936Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Sat 7 Oct - 18:56

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Mira nodded a few times: "Okay, I think it will work. Oboro, Violet, lets head in. Nice and quiet"

She looked at everyone: "If anyone else wants to tag along, follow us. The rest, please wait outside, at least until Blinchyk agrees to cooperate"

"Blinchyk" Madelyn slowly repeated: "Analyzing. Complete.
'Blinchyk' is a word on the Verrian language. A rough translation of the word, would be 'Pancake'."

"His nickname is Pancake?" Tomas quietly whispered: "Who is this guy?"

Mira shrugged slightly, raising her shoulders in a 'Don't ask me' expression, before quietly heading inside the apartment complex.

The place was dirty and fulls of small mice. Their squeaking in the dark corners could be heard, even when their silhouettes were obscured by the darkness.
Old pieces of newspaper and plastic chips bags littered the floor.

As you began slowly heading upstairs, the wood under your feet creaked traitorously with each step, until you finally reached the 4th floor.

A heavily reinforced metal door, was visible at the end of the hallway. Mira squinted at it and slowly approached.

After stopping just to the side of it, she slowly reached out and knocked a few times. The doors metalic echo slightly spread throughout the hallway.

"...Pancake?.. you in there? Its Mira Lerner. UNN news. I wanted to talk to you" Mira called in a worried voice.

There was no response from the other side. After a moment, you suddenly heard Madelyn's quiet voice behind you:
"...Detecting a hidden camera in the corner, just under the ceiling" she whispered in a disjointed fashion:
"..unable to determine if it is switched on. However, it is directed to watch those approaching the metal door"

"..he's watching us.." Mira quietly whispered: "..probably"

937Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Sun 8 Oct - 1:45

Dan One

Dan One

(Radiance)
Radiance followed as well, and upon hearing Madelyn speak of the hidden camera he held his position. Shifting his stance so that his hands were clearly visible in front of him. He paused a moment to listen intently to the environment around him.

"I would have been disappointed if there wasn't at least one of those in here." Radiance whispered back, cracking a slight grin

938Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Sun 8 Oct - 11:30

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Violet crosses her arms, "She is Formet UNN news... She was fired by her corrupt boss." she clears her throat, "pancake dear, we have been attacked by rumbas to a giant metal centipede and we could seriously use your help breaking down the government and freeing hostages... And causing a bit of anarchy while we are at it?" she raises her brow.

Rain sits against a wall, "hopefully they dont screw this up." she leans back.

939Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Sun 8 Oct - 18:56

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

The hall remained quiet for several moments, only a distant beeping of computers could be heard through the wall.

A sudden loud noise from the door almost made you jump. You heard a metalic sound, akin to a heavy lock being disengaged, before the reinforced door opened and an unshaved, scruffy face suddenly appeared in the doorway:

"Not so loud!" the face hissed, its eyes darting around the corridor in a paranoid, fidgety fashion:
"You're trying to bring them down on us?!"

"Pancake!.." Mira called, frowning: "..we need to talk"

"Yeah yeah, just, get it" the man's head disappeared behind the door frame, leaving the door wide open.

As you slowly look inside, you notice a massive open space, with barely any furniture in it.
It seems Pancake has broken through the walls of several other apartments and extended his own quarters into them.

Half a dozen computer stations were spread out along the walls. Large cabinets filled with electronic equipment, sat in the corner and quietly buzzed with electricity.

Pancake himself was dressed in an old dirty sweater and looked like he hasn't shaved in a month. Large dark circles under his eyes suggest he didn't had much sleep. His eyes would involuntarily dart to every ominous noise and his body language was overall extremely fidgety.
You estimate his age to be roughly in his late twenties.

As Mira and Madelyn slowly walked in, Pancake fell into a chair behind one of the computers and started going over some sort of video footage:

"...can you tell your merry men to get inside the building please?" he called, squinting at the screen: "Before the entire street spots them?"

"Of Course" Madelyn stiffly replied: "We Will, Radio them, Shortly"

Pancake froze up and slowly turned in his seat, staring at Madelyn: "...what the hell are you?"

"....I am a... Rumba, model" Madelyn flatly replied: "Please, Ignore me"

"..right...." Pancake slowly nodded, then looked at you: "You know making Rumba's that pass for humans is illegal right? You can land a good 15 years in jail if someone catches you with her"

"Uhu, whatever-" Mira waved him off in dismissal, as she came closer: "-Pancake, listen, we're in a bit of predicament, and were hoping you could help us.
Namely, if you know who's responsible for the Rumba attacks?"

"Uhu. I know" Pancake casually nodded, looking back at his computer screen.

"Y-..you do?" Mira slowly asked, somewhat in disbelief.

"Everyone knows dude" Pancake replied: "We just don't talk about it. Otherwise KKHHHH" he slowly dragged his thumb across his own throat:
"Councilor Mercer found out first, I think. That's why they put a leash on her, real quick. Sent her a picture of her daughter, as if to say, you know, you better do what we say, otherwise, you know, your daughter may not come home one morning."

"What wha-.. hold, slow down" Mira stuttered: "What are you saying? Councilor Mercer's daughter was kidnapped?"

"They don't need to kidnap her dude" Pancake flatly replied: "Do you know how easy it is to assassinate someone? In a city like this? Millions of people live here, crowds fill every street. It only takes one guy to come up to her with a syringe, inject her full of poison, in a middle of a bus stop. No one will even notice"

Pancake turned to you and slammed his fist into his palm:
"One picture and BAM. Mercer goes from being a Councilor, to a glorified puppet. They've been black mailing her for a month. Shit. Probably longer"

He looked back at his computer screen: "You're not fighting the government dude. The government don't matter no more. They've been reduced to puppets. Knowingly or unknowingly. They're just dancing on strings.

And it aint politicians who's pulling those strings"

"...Councilor Mercer... is being blackmailed?" Mira slowly repeated.

"Well of course she is!" Pancake looked at her again: "Did you think she willingly decided to sign the death warrant of everyone in the Labyrinth, by giving a green light to that police raid?
Have you met Mercer? What's wrong with you"

940Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Sun 8 Oct - 19:47

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Oboro rubbed her chin in thought. "Blackmail, simply by sending a picture you could have in your wallet. Disgusting... But to what end? Who plays what role? Hmmm..."

She looks at Blynchik, with a slight frown. "Who is the culprit then? What was the point of making a central government if everyone is... A ... Puppet..." She hits herself. "Why am I thinking like a conspiracy theorist here?! Okay, we just want to resolve a hostage situation. What can you tell us about the enemy?"

941Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Sun 8 Oct - 20:50

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Blinchyk lost interest in his computer and fully turned his attention to you:

".....what do you know.. about the Digital Waltz..." he quietly asked, staring at you.

Several moments went by in silence, until you noticed Mira's face slowly become distorted in bewilderment:
"..I'm sorry what?"

"The Digital Waltz! Its real!" Pancake exclaimed.

"Oh my dear god-" Mira exhaled in frustration: "What are you smoking in here Pancake!?"

"I'm serious!!!" Pancake yelled in desperation: "They're real! I've seen them work!"

"That's cute, that's real nice Pancake" Mira released a fake smile then rolled her eyes and got up without ceremony:
"Everyone! Coming here was a mistake! I'm sorry I wasted everyone's time... lets go" she waved you to follow and headed toward the door.

"Wait" Madelyn called: "...what is... the Digital Waltz..."

"Its a fairy tale Maddie!" Mira exhaled in frustration: "An urban legend, a myth for the modern age!"

"Yeah.." Pancake slowly sighed, releasing an unhappy smile: "...accept the myth is real..

Imagine, a collective of hackers, who monitor everything on the internet, every day of the week. Every minute, every second.

A collective, who can instantly edit information, as soon as it appears online.

Information they don't like, disappears, before anyone can see it.
Information they do like, stays, spammed everywhere and advertised world wide.

What if they could also collect information? Valuable, information. Private or classified.

What if they turned it, into a weapon?

Misinformation. Manipulation. Black mail.

What if they found a way to manipulate the news outlets? Mass media. TV. Radio. What if they controlled what average people hear or do not hear?
They could fabricate a lie, no matter how outrageous, and feed it to the public.

Change peoples opinion, world wide, on any topic, to fit their own agenda, their own goals.

What if they didn't stop there.

What if they decided to change the world? Shape it, as they see fit.

If they have access to every security camera, every computer, every cellphone, Everything, Everywhere, at the same time, they can collect infinite information and use it to manipulate world leaders.
Set them against each other. Discredit them, if they fall out of line. Promote them, if their goals align.
And if anyone wises up? If anyone refuses to fall in line? They get black mailed.

In the end, the public only knows what its told. Their opinions swayed, based on lies and misinformation.
The world governments, manipulated, knowingly or unknowingly, from the shadows.

And so, the fate of the world, rests in the hands of a small group of hackers, who can now shape our planet, into any shape they see fit"

Blinchyk quietly said, looking at you: "...their group is typically called, the 'Digital Waltz'." he grimly smiled:
"You can try running a search for it on the internet. You will find nothing. Then, your computer will probably shut down, just before a police squad busts down your door and convicts you of murder you didn't commit.

And that will be the end of you. Because no one is supposed to know, about the Digital Waltz. And if you do, you're either blackmailed by them, or you work for them.

And people like me? The ones who slip through the cracks? Its only a matter of time for us. The Digital Waltz sees everything. And find everyone. Eventually."

Mira sat down on one of the chairs and heavily sighed:

"Yes, except its a myth, Blinchyk. None of it is real. It can't be.

Do you understand the processing power needed, to monitor Everything on the internet?

A small collective of hackers can't do that. Not manually.
They can't watch every video on every website, the very second its posted, going through hours of footage, instantaneously, to find what they want to delete or advertise.

They would have to use a program and programs are void of consciousness.

A program can't always spot flagged content on a video. It can't always understand context, if its scanning an article.

It will never be able to accurately filter information.

Some things simply require a human touch.

Not to mention, the processing speed and cognitive capacity, necessary to filter unimaginable amounts of information, and process it almost instantly"

"...what if they found a way to do it?" Blinchyk quietly asked.

"You're talking science fiction, Blinchyk" Mira sighed: "You're talking about an A.I.
A true Artificial Intelligence.
Yes, I'm sure if an A.I. existed, it could monitor the entire internet and edit information on it, in record time.
It could watch every security camera in the world and manipulate the entire population of earth, to do its bidding, but as we all know, an A.I. IS IMPOSSIBLE!

They've been trying to create one for 50 years and every attempt failed! Some things are impossible! You can't breath life into an inanimate object! You can't give it consciousness!

You can't breath life into a piece of metal! If it never lived to begin with!"

942Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Mon 9 Oct - 0:28

Dan One

Dan One

(Serena)
"And an AI could delete its presence from the world, remove all knowledge of its creation. It would simply have to plant and nurture the seed that the creation of it is impossible." Serena adds in "A couple years ago mind control was impossible, and look how many people died because of it."

(Radiance)
Radiance found an empty wall and took a position leaning against it. He simply observed the area, keeping an ear on things as the others spoke.

943Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Mon 9 Oct - 10:32

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"No, no this can't possibly be real" Mira exhaled, holding her head with both hands:
"...this is insanity...

Information control of this level? If we ever assume its true, how many other conspiracy theories can that idea spawn? We can't.. let ourselves be driven by this sort of wild speculation..." she quietly said, sitting down on one of the chairs. You thought you heard a note of fear in her voice.

The area was deathly quiet, as you listen to the ambient sounds of the city. Only the noise of a helicopter could be heard, flying somewhere nearby.

"...What. About. A Girl named, Jane Doe" Madelyn stiffly called: "What do you. Know of her?"

"Geez" Blinchyk uncomfortably shivered: "....I don't know who she is, where she came from, or even what she looks like.
I only know she's marked for death"

He quietly sat for a moment, staring emptily at the floor: "...that girl is going to die... sooner or later... you can't stop it.

You don't escape the Digital Waltz"

Madelyn sat quietly for a brief moment, before she stiffly asked: "...why, do they seek her death?"

"Don't know" Blinchyk shook his head: "Best guess? She learned something she shouldn't have.

Her knowledge alone, isn't a threat to them of course. Even if she runs her mouth, they will simply discredit her, like they do with all others.

But if she has physical, irrefutable evidence?... something that can compromise the Digital Waltz?"
Blinchyk released an grim smile:
"...well... that's another question entirely.

It has the Waltz scared... deathly scared... they are terrified of this girl..."

"...they are... Afraid of her?" Madelyn quietly repeated: "...what makes you, say that?"

"The whole point of the Digital Waltz, is that you're not supposed to know they exist" Blinchyk said, energetically articulating with his hands:
"Subtlety, is the name of the game. They're pulling your string and you're not supposed to know about it. That's how it works.
The whole world manipulated, without its knowledge.

Key word is Subtlety"

"...and?" Mira asked.

"And they're not being very subtle, are they?" Blinchyk grimly smirked: "Rumba attacks in broad daylight? In the middle of the Union Capital? Fabricated police warrants for your arrest? Thinly veiled lies on the UNN channel?

People are starting to notice. They're not dumb, they know something is up. And every time the Digital Waltz makes a rash action like that, it brings them one step closer to being discovered by the general public.

And they still go through with it. What does that tell you" Blinchyk grimly smirked:

"...it means they're desperate... scared shitless of this poor girl and whatever evidence she has on them... it's has them pinned against the wall, so hard, they believe the only course of action is obvious brute force, and damned be the witnesses"

"Jane Doe... has.. physical evidence?" Madelyn stiffly repeated.

"Maybe" Blinchyk shrugged: "Its just speculation on my part. I have nothing to back it up really" he sat still for a moment, then squinted at Maddie:
"...what Rumba model you said this is again? They're usually not very talkative" he said, intently looking at Madelyn. His voice being slightly drowned out by a passing helicopter above.

944Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Mon 9 Oct - 10:44

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:Mira nodded a few times: "Okay, I think it will work. Oboro, Violet, lets head in. Nice and quiet"

She looked at everyone: "If anyone else wants to tag along, follow us. The rest, please wait outside, at least until Blinchyk agrees to cooperate"

"Blinchyk" Madelyn slowly repeated: "Analyzing. Complete.
'Blinchyk' is a word on the Verrian language. A rough translation of the word, would be 'Pancake'."

"His nickname is Pancake?" Tomas quietly whispered: "Who is this guy?"

Mira shrugged slightly, raising her shoulders in a 'Don't ask me' expression, before quietly heading inside the apartment complex.

The place was dirty and fulls of small mice. Their squeaking in the dark corners could be heard, even when their silhouettes were obscured by the darkness.
Old pieces of newspaper and plastic chips bags littered the floor.

As you began slowly heading upstairs, the wood under your feet creaked traitorously with each step, until you finally reached the 4th floor.

A heavily reinforced metal door, was visible at the end of the hallway. Mira squinted at it and slowly approached.

After stopping just to the side of it, she slowly reached out and knocked a few times. The doors metalic echo slightly spread throughout the hallway.

"...Pancake?.. you in there? Its Mira Lerner. UNN news. I wanted to talk to you" Mira called in a worried voice.

There was no response from the other side. After a moment, you suddenly heard Madelyn's quiet voice behind you:
"...Detecting a hidden camera in the corner, just under the ceiling" she whispered in a disjointed fashion:
"..unable to determine if it is switched on. However, it is directed to watch those approaching the metal door"

"..he's watching us.." Mira quietly whispered: "..probably"

"I need to make a phone call, i shouldn't be long" the Hooded Figure said to the others waiting outside, before entering the building to see if there were any phone cubicles in the lobby.

945Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Mon 9 Oct - 20:47

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"That... Might not be too far off though." Oboro said, scratching her head. "At least, since what we've seen so far of 'Jane Doe'. And the events of today altogether."

She looked more at the floor now, in thought. Trying to put pieces together. "It would explain the request to keep her safe as an utmost importance. Why everything was out to kill us. And if they do get her, they'd probably get some guy to tell them he was directing a movie with real action. But arresting people out of nowhere is highly suspicious in the first place. Maybe if the Digital Waltz was also the name of a music group, they could be more subtle about it. But random arrests and lies drom the media? Too suspicious."

She then looked at Blinchyk again. "Sir, if I may be so crazy to ask... Would there be any benefit for the Digital Waltz if the world was one? Like, with say, the Union?"

946Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 10 Oct - 4:50

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Violet looks to maddie, "a "digital waltz" that doesn't too far off from what we have experienced so far. Her ears perk at the sound of the chopper her fingers wrap around the handle of her weapon keeping her finger off the trigger, "hmph..." she shivers a bit at the thought of using it against actual ponies but... If it had to be done.

Rains ears perk at the sound of the chopper, she reaches behind her pulling an arrow from her quiver and waits for the drop, if they dropped she wouldn't hold back her arrows, she was getting sick of being attacked.

Familys or not... Terrorist or not... She was going to be sending a message if they were attacked.

947Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Wed 11 Oct - 19:10

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"The Union?" Blinchyk asked, scratching the side of his head: "I.. guess the world would be easier to control, if it was unified, sure"

"You cannot be serious!" Mira exclaimed, scowling at Blinchyk: "This is what I'm talking about! If we continue this line of thinking, there will be no end to the conspiracy theories! Are we to assume that every major historic event, was orchestrated by the Digital Waltz?"
She fell heavily into her chair, exhaling in frustration: "...this is madness"

The chopper's sound became extremely loud, almost deafening. It sounded like it was hovering just over the building.

Madelyn's eyes slightly widened and zeroed in on the window.

Down on the first floor, in the lobby, a lone phone cubicle stood, some five meters inside the main hallway.
Tomas slowly entered the building as well, but stayed by the front door and kept watching the outside.

As the sound of the helicopter became deafeningly loud, Tomas' eyes widened in fear.

"GET DOWN!" You heard his frantic shriek in the earpiece.

The silhouette of the helicopter briefly loomed in your vision. Its massive carcass appeared in front of the window to Blinchyks apartment, some 15 meters away from the building.

As you saw a missile discharge from its fuselage and dart towards Blinchyks apartment, Madelyn jumped off her seat and fired a balistic blade at the missile.

Everything happened in under a second, but it felt like an eternity.

As if in slow motion, you saw Maddies blade, strike the missiles wing, diverting its course by a few inches. The next second, the missile flew into an adjacent apartment and everything turned white.

You went deaf, as an invisible force violently smashed you into the far wall. A massive explosion appeared in your eyes. Fire and debris flew everywhere, as walls crumbled and part of the ceiling collapsed.

As massive cloud of dust and ash, mixing with fire, completely obscured your vision.

You broke into an uncontrollable coughing fit, unable to understand where you are and what's happening around you.

The ringing in your ears was unbearable. Your entire body ached and smoke filled your lungs.

You slowly realize you're laying on the floor, in some unknown apartment. The floor must have gave in, making you fall into the apartment below.
You were half covered in small debris and broken furniture. Your clothes covered in a thick layer of gray ash.

It was painful to move. Each tiny motion brought about a wave of pain. Your hearing did not return.
All sound has faded from the world and as you tried to survey your surroundings, you saw Blinchyks pale face, laying in front of you.

He was dead. His unblinking eyes were staring right at you, a large piece of debris stuck in his chest.

As you attempt to move and climb out of the rubble, you continue to hear nothing, as a massive combat helicopter broke away from the building and flew out of sight.

And moments later, five silhouettes drop onto the street, leaving cracks in the asphalt. Their figures cloaked, their eyes burning red. Their stiff movements broadcasted more than anything, that they were robots.

The five figures slowly rose and began marching towards the main building entrance, where Tomas and the Hooded Figure laid on the floor, untouched by the explosion, but stunned and deafened by the shock wave.

948Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Wed 11 Oct - 20:15

Dan One

Dan One

(Radiance)
Knowing that he'd be useless in the fight Radiance didn't move from his position. No matter how uncomfortable it was he'd have a better chance feigning death and waiting for his hearing to return then to try and fight.

(Serena)
Serena struggled to her feet. Her eyes widening in horror as the five robots approached.

949Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Wed 11 Oct - 20:44

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Arnold)

Being both outside and in possession of dermal plating, he was able to resist the physical part of the shockwave better. However, the other effects did do their job at disorienting him, and he just crouched, coughing the smoke and debris out of his lungs. When he came to, he got up, and saw the robots.

"Oh, this is not good at all."

(Angelo)

He didn't get up right away. He focussed more on getting his act back together with his physical senses. When he did notice the robots, he kept one eye on them. his cybernetic eye to track movement.

(Oboro)

"OH SONOVA-"

From the close proximity of the explosion, she was thrown back with even more force, temporarily blacking out. When she got to, she crawled up lainfully, noticing a red puddle underneath the place her head was. She felt it, an groaned from the throbbing pain.

She then looked forward, at the pale face of Blinchyk. She tried getting to him, but when the machines made themself present, she laid low.

"Oh, that's really fan-fucking tastic. Come on, think! What's the best course of action?!

950Digital Waltz - Page 38 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Thu 12 Oct - 10:17

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain sits up against the wall coughing violently her lungs burned and her body ached, she clenches her fists and growls a bit of drool dripping from her mouth as her mouth goes numb from the taste of sulfer in her mouth, she attempts to push herself up only to be filled with inconsevable pain.

Violet was out cold, her body spread limply across the rubble, a few cuts are strewn across her body.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next