The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim

+2
Silent Mist/Moon Dusts
Disgruntled purple
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 26]

126Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 15 Aug - 21:02

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"So go to the factory. Find the hive mind... I can send some opratives dressed as buisness workers, try to take a tour of the place. We can probably have it mapped out before we even get there." Rain says pulling out a peice of gum and sticking it in her mouth.

127Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 15 Aug - 21:23

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:"No" Tom shook his head wistfully: "We don't have any information about the resident's here."

As you knock on the door, you hear the elderly lady begin shouting something on the Tesian language, right through the closed door.
You're not quite sure what she said, but she sounded very angry.

A few moments pass, but it seems like she doesn't plan to open the door.

"..we may need a translator" Tom said, looking at you helplessly. It seems he doesn't know Tesian.

"Fear not, technology provides" Rogue says as he pulls out his phone and opens a language translation app "The translation might be a bit literal, but at the very least we should be able to understand each other."

"Hello? Excuse me, but we were wondering if we could have just a minute of your time, we'd like to ask you some question if that's alright?" he speaks into the phone, and the translated Tesian comes out.

128Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 16 Aug - 14:28

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Amy looked at Twilight with a level of regret and sorrow:
"We've sent countless inquiries to other countries, but it seems there's no firm data to be found.
They had too many mental breakdowns. Too many random acts of violence. All the deaths blurred together.
They couldn't tell us anything definitive."

Harlequin thought for a moment:
"So, the factory is draining our magic, and the victims found out by accident.
Unintentional witnesses. Being systematically silenced.

This is a good theory. It connects a lot of dots, though,
If the victims were simply witnesses, why are they being silenced in such a ritualistic fashion? Why not just kill them outright, without these gruesome theatrics?"

"An offered sacrifice to the cults deity?" Amy asked with a grimace.

Harlequin shuddered: "At any rate"
She looked at Rain:
"We can send one of our SUV's to the factory, ahead of us. They can procure some disguises, try to approach the factory as civilians, gather as much info as they can, before we get there.

Though the factory is relatively close by. We'll probably be heading out there soon.

Do you wonna send a single SUV ahead of us, or should we all head there together?"

As Rogue played back the Tesian translation in the hallway, a few moments of silence passed by, before the elderly lady started shouting again, in an angrily fashion.

The translator began to speak out, in a robotic monotone:

"Go Away You Hooligans. You Cause Trouble Only. Ransacking My Apartments! You Better Not Broken Anything Or You Will Pay For It From Your Money!"

She still hasn't opened the door.

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

129Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 16 Aug - 16:04

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:Amy looked at Twilight with a level of regret and sorrow:
"We've sent countless inquiries to other countries, but it seems there's no firm data to be found.
They had too many mental breakdowns. Too many random acts of violence. All the deaths blurred together.
They couldn't tell us anything definitive."

Harlequin thought for a moment:
"So, the factory is draining our magic, and the victims found out by accident.
Unintentional witnesses. Being systematically silenced.

This is a good theory. It connects a lot of dots, though,
If the victims were simply witnesses, why are they being silenced in such a ritualistic fashion? Why not just kill them outright, without these gruesome theatrics?"

"An offered sacrifice to the cults deity?" Amy asked with a grimace.

Harlequin shuddered: "At any rate"
She looked at Rain:
"We can send one of our SUV's to the factory, ahead of us. They can procure some disguises, try to approach the factory as civilians, gather as much info as they can, before we get there.

Though the factory is relatively close by. We'll probably be heading out there soon.

Do you wonna send a single SUV ahead of us, or should we all head there together?"

As Rogue played back the Tesian translation in the hallway, a few moments of silence passed by, before the elderly lady started shouting again, in an angrily fashion.

The translator began to speak out, in a robotic monotone:

"Go Away You Hooligans. You Cause Trouble Only. Ransacking My Apartments! You Better Not Broken Anything Or You Will Pay For It From Your Money!"

She still hasn't opened the door.

"Her apartments? Could she be the landlady?" Rogue wonders, before speaking once again into the phone, "Are you the landlady of this building? I can assure you we are not vandals. We are with the police investigating a very serious crime on your property. Any assistance you could give us would be most welcome."

130Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 16 Aug - 16:39

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

The elderly lady quietly grumbled something that the phone didn't pick up.
After a few moments, you heard about a half dozen locks unlocking and the door finally opened.

An elderly lady slowly appeared in the door frame and slightly frowned at you. Tom released a sheepish smile.

"Yes. I Am The Landlord" the phone began translating as the lady spoke. She frowned at the phone for a moment, then looked at you and continued:
"What Did You Want To Know?"

131Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 16 Aug - 16:44

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:The elderly lady quietly grumbled something that the phone didn't pick up.
After a few moments, you heard about a half dozen locks unlocking and the door finally opened.

An elderly lady slowly appeared in the door frame and slightly frowned at you. Tom released a sheepish smile.

"Yes. I Am The Landlord" the phone began translating as the lady spoke. She frowned at the phone for a moment, then looked at you and continued:
"What Did You Want To Know?"

"Thank you, and sorry about the phone, we do not have a translator available. We were wondering if you knew who lived in that flat opposite. We would also like to know if you heard any unusal noises coming from that flat about an hour ago, or saw any unusal activity at around the same time?" Rogue speaks into the phone.

132Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 16 Aug - 19:06

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain frowns, "I think sending an suv is a fantastic idea" her eyes turn to the window, "When we get there we should also have backup ready in the form of our disguised men and if they are denied... well... I cant imagine they would deny new buyers at this particular time so if they deny our bait then we know somethings up."

133Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 17 Aug - 12:25

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Harlequin nodded: "Okay, I'll notify our men" she went to the far corner of the room and began relaying instructions through the earpiece.

"Should we do one last sweep of the apartment?" Amy asked, looking at everyone: "We still need to confirm the victims identity and verify if she worked at the same factory as others"

Out in the hallway, the elderly lady looked at Rogue and nodded.
"Yes, I Know" she reluctantly said:

"Charee Gillon. Hmph. The Girl Never Payed Rent On Time. Always Bringing Her Loud Friends And Playing Loud Music. Making A Ruckus"

The elderly lady crossed her arms: "She Asked For a Leave From Work, You Know. Said She Had Headaches. Spent Cooked Up In Her Apartment For Two Days Now. Lazy, If You Ask Me.

Then, About An Hour Ago, As You say, I Heard A Knock On Her Door." The elderly lady began to squint:

"I Thought It Was One Of Her Loud Friends Again, Going To Start Partying Instead Of Working, So I Went to My Door, To Give Them A Mouthful.
But When I Looked Through My Door Lens To See Who It Was, I Saw A Tall Figure, In A Brown Cloak! With Hood! Could Not See His Face.

He Knocked Again, But When There Was No Answer, He Placed His Ear To The Door, Then Suddenly Pulled Out A Sword, Burning With A Bright Green Flame, Right From Under His Cloak! I Swear On Me Mum!"

The elderly lady closed her eyes for a moment, trying to compose herself and wave away her fear:

"He Jammed That Sword Right Through the Lock! Melted It On The Spot!
Then Strolled In and Shut The Door Behind Him, Like He Owned The Place!

Sure Enough, I Ran To My Telephone And Called The Police! I Knew Something Was Up!
And While You Lot Took Your Time Coming Here, I Went Back To My Door Lens, To See What Was Happening.

It Was Quiet In There. For A Long Time.
Then I Suddenly Heard Charee Scream Out. Then Silence Again.

The Man In The Brown Cloak Never Went Outside The Apartment. I Would Have Seen Him Leave Through The Door. Mhm. Was Watching The Door The Whole Time. But Didn't See Him Leave.

Then You Guys Showed Up" The elderly lady said and nodded.

134Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 17 Aug - 16:32

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:Harlequin nodded: "Okay, I'll notify our men" she went to the far corner of the room and began relaying instructions through the earpiece.

"Should we do one last sweep of the apartment?" Amy asked, looking at everyone: "We still need to confirm the victims identity and verify if she worked at the same factory as others"

Out in the hallway, the elderly lady looked at Rogue and nodded.
"Yes, I Know" she reluctantly said:

"Charee Gillon. Hmph. The Girl Never Payed Rent On Time. Always Bringing Her Loud Friends And Playing Loud Music. Making A Ruckus"

The elderly lady crossed her arms: "She Asked For a Leave From Work, You Know. Said She Had Headaches. Spent Cooked Up In Her Apartment For Two Days Now. Lazy, If You Ask Me.

Then, About An Hour Ago, As You say, I Heard A Knock On Her Door." The elderly lady began to squint:

"I Thought It Was One Of Her Loud Friends Again, Going To Start Partying Instead Of Working, So I Went to My Door, To Give Them A Mouthful.
But When I Looked Through My Door Lens To See Who It Was, I Saw A Tall Figure, In A Brown Cloak! With Hood! Could Not See His Face.

He Knocked Again, But When There Was No Answer, He Placed His Ear To The Door, Then Suddenly Pulled Out A Sword, Burning With A Bright Green Flame, Right From Under His Cloak! I Swear On Me Mum!"

The elderly lady closed her eyes for a moment, trying to compose herself and wave away her fear:

"He Jammed That Sword Right Through the Lock! Melted It On The Spot!
Then Strolled In and Shut The Door Behind Him, Like He Owned The Place!

Sure Enough, I Ran To My Telephone And Called The Police! I Knew Something Was Up!
And While You Lot Took Your Time Coming Here, I Went Back To My Door Lens, To See What Was Happening.

It Was Quiet In There. For A Long Time.
Then I Suddenly Heard Charee Scream Out. Then Silence Again.

The Man In The Brown Cloak Never Went Outside The Apartment. I Would Have Seen Him Leave Through The Door. Mhm. Was Watching The Door The Whole Time. But Didn't See Him Leave.

Then You Guys Showed Up" The elderly lady said and nodded.

"Charee Gillon" Rogue repeated, before turning to Tomas and saying "Go tell the others, see what we can find on her. And also get forensics to check the door; if the hooded figure pressed their ear to it, then there might be an earprint ident we can take." He turns back to the landlady. "You said she was off work on leave, do you know exactly where she worked? And if there is anything else you can tell us about the hooded figure, no matter how insignificant it might seem?"

135Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 17 Aug - 18:48

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain, "well if identification hasn't been found yet I say we find a wallet or drivers licence." She leans against a wall and takes a deep breath, "at least we are finally getting somewhere..." she looks to her men, "Please. When you are in the tour could you please not let them make you poof out of existance... thanks."

136Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 18 Aug - 8:17

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight went to look at the pentagram again. She took a picture of the whole thing, hoping to use it as reference material.

"A shame so much information got lost in the chaos. But that's life, sadly."

She puts away the phone and began to ponder.

"Okay, i have two possible ideas floating in my head about this. One is the one we had before, where the murders are done ritualistically to carve an even greater pentagram, basically upscaling the effects. The detriment is the fairly random markings on the map."

"The second one is actually with the reminder Tirek exists. Thank you for that." She politely nodded to Rain. "Tirek himself my not had any followers, but a being just like that could use these rituals to devour magic through these pentagrams as they serve as the gateway to their realm."

"But there is one question though... " She said pondering. "Why is the caster unaffected? Is that part of the ritual or is that due to a certain object in their possession? We can study all of this. And if you do find the culprit, try to knock him out to search his body. That alone should tell us a lot."

137Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 18 Aug - 9:50

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"Whoever is scouting the Factory... keep a look out for decorations, I know some people like hanging swords and axes on their walls. They might do that with whatever artifact they have and try to pass it off as a display. I think for this case we need to go guilty until proven innocent and that factory is a fantastic place to lay down that idea." Her rainy eyes turn to Twilight, "With your immense ammount of power stored in those alicorn vains of yours i think its a good idea to bring you along too. If you feel like you are being stalked while we are there that would be fantastic because that would mean we caught our killers eye. Basically bait but not really as we dont plan on putting you in harms way. A "Lure" in a way. Not the worm but the hook."

138Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 18 Aug - 10:50

Dan One

Dan One

"Have you guys taken pictures of the other pentagrams? I'd like to see them if you have them. Maybe alone they don't make sense but put together they form something. Like a photoshop picture and each pentagram is a different layer." Sand stares at her notes, still doing what she can to keep her eyes off of the corpse. "And what about non-pattern objects? Like a constellation, do the positions of the murders match any known constellations?"

139Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 18 Aug - 11:32

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Tom nodded to Rogue and went to speak with the forensics team. In turn, the forensics team pealed off from the crime scene and went to work on the door.
It seems they're not only trying to take an earprint, but also searching for DNA samples.

The elderly lady waved her hand: "Don't Know Where She Worked. Some Factory Or Other"
She looked at you conspiratorially:
"Though I Can Say One Thing About The Hooded Figure.
He Kept His Sword Under His Cloak. But His Sword Was On Fire. How Did The Cloak Not Catch Fire?"

The elderly lady frowned:

"It Is Demon Magic! I Am Sure Of It! That Man Was Not A Man At All, But An Agent Of The Devil!

Mark My Words. Our World Is Ending. And He Is the Herald Of The End!!" the lady said grimly.

Tom walked back towards the crime scene and called:
"..it appears the victims name was Charee Gillon. Amy, can you find anything on her in the database?"

"Hang on, this might take a minute" Amy said, beginning to type away on her keyboard.

"Alright, lets make a sweep of the room for a wallet or drivers license" Harlequin said: "It would be best to confirm the victims identity via multiple sources.
Its not that I don't trust the neighbors, but we have to consider that they are human. They can make a mistake, exaggerate or intentionally lie, for their personal reasons.

Always verify a witness testimony via others sources. You never know if you've been told the whole truth"

Amy nodded from her corner after a moment: "...I found something.
Charee Gillon, Age 21, works at Loyd's Silverline Plane-tech Factory, same as the others.
I guess the only thing we need to do now, is verify that our victim is indeed Charee Gillon, just to be one hundred percent sure.
We should make a sweep of the apartment, for her passport or drivers license"

A few of the Nyx troopers nodded to Rain: "We'll be careful ma'am. We'll establish radio contact once we've completed our mission"
They saluted and walked out of the apartment in a brisk pace.

Amy looked at Sand:
"We have the pentagram pictures from all the previous crime scenes. After analyzing them, we could only establish that they are an identical match to one another.
From the size of the pentagram, to the exact symbols and their placement.

All the pentagrams were exactly the same.
There were negligible discrepancies, mostly due to them all being hand drawn, but, not enough to make one pentagram different from another.

We haven't thought about checking them with constellations though. I'll run a check on it now.
I'll also print out all the previous pentagram pictures, once we're back at the SUV. I have a printer there"

"Alright" Harlequin nodded: "I think we've gathered most of the data from the crime scene.

Lets find the victims passport to verify her identity, then wrap up and head from the factory"

140Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 18 Aug - 13:00

Dan One

Dan One

"There's a pattern to the murder victims as well. All of the victim's ages are an odd number, and it alternates between somebody old and somebody young. Three males, then three females." Sand starts to pace "So if we fallow this logic then the next victim should logically be a male, who is of an odd age, and somewhere in his forties to sixties"

Sand takes another look at her notes, specifically the numbers, seeing if the ages of the victims make an appearance in the sequence.

141Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 18 Aug - 19:11

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:Tom nodded to Rogue and went to speak with the forensics team. In turn, the forensics team pealed off from the crime scene and went to work on the door.
It seems they're not only trying to take an earprint, but also searching for DNA samples.

The elderly lady waved her hand: "Don't Know Where She Worked. Some Factory Or Other"
She looked at you conspiratorially:
"Though I Can Say One Thing About The Hooded Figure.
He Kept His Sword Under His Cloak. But His Sword Was On Fire. How Did The Cloak Not Catch Fire?"

The elderly lady frowned:

"It Is Demon Magic! I Am Sure Of It! That Man Was Not A Man At All, But An Agent Of The Devil!

Mark My Words. Our World Is Ending. And He Is the Herald Of The End!!" the lady said grimly.

"Well, rest assured, he won't get away with it on our watch" Rogue says, "Thank you, you've been a great help in our investigation. If there's anything else you remember at a later date, please don't hesitate to call us." And with that, he bows slightly, before returning to the others.

142Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 18 Aug - 19:13

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:Tom walked back towards the crime scene and called:
"..it appears the victims name was Charee Gillon. Amy, can you find anything on her in the database?"

"Hang on, this might take a minute" Amy said, beginning to type away on her keyboard.

"Alright, lets make a sweep of the room for a wallet or drivers license" Harlequin said: "It would be best to confirm the victims identity via multiple sources.
Its not that I don't trust the neighbors, but we have to consider that they are human. They can make a mistake, exaggerate or intentionally lie, for their personal reasons.

Always verify a witness testimony via others sources. You never know if you've been told the whole truth"

Amy nodded from her corner after a moment: "...I found something.
Charee Gillon, Age 21, works at Loyd's Silverline Plane-tech Factory, same as the others.
I guess the only thing we need to do now, is verify that our victim is indeed Charee Gillon, just to be one hundred percent sure.
We should make a sweep of the apartment, for her passport or drivers license"

A few of the Nyx troopers nodded to Rain: "We'll be careful ma'am. We'll establish radio contact once we've completed our mission"
They saluted and walked out of the apartment in a brisk pace.

Amy looked at Sand:
"We have the pentagram pictures from all the previous crime scenes. After analyzing them, we could only establish that they are an identical match to one another.
From the size of the pentagram, to the exact symbols and their placement.

All the pentagrams were exactly the same.
There were negligible discrepancies, mostly due to them all being hand drawn, but, not enough to make one pentagram different from another.

We haven't thought about checking them with constellations though. I'll run a check on it now.
I'll also print out all the previous pentagram pictures, once we're back at the SUV. I have a printer there"

"Alright" Harlequin nodded: "I think we've gathered most of the data from the crime scene.

Lets find the victims passport to verify her identity, then wrap up and head from the factory"

"Did we get anything on her from the interwebs?" Rogue says, rejoining the group.

143Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sun 19 Aug - 19:05

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

The elderly lady grumbled something in acknowledgement and went back to her apartment, closing the door behind her.

Tom inched closer to Rogue and quietly said: "Well played. That lady was pretty rude and uncooperative, I dunno if I'd be able to keep my cool in a conversation with her.
But you did, and you got a ton of important info from her.
Nice one" Tom smiled.

"It appears Charee Gillon worked at the same factory as all other victims" Amy said, as Rogue entered.

After thoroughly examining the symbols in the pentagram, you can't seem to find a resemblance between the victims ages and the segments of the pentagram that may represent numbers.

Harlequin scanned the room one last time, before she asked:

"Should we wrap up and head for the factory?

144Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sun 19 Aug - 21:02

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"I think so." She nods, "at this rate its possibly our most informative option so lets get out of here before that smell makes me more sick then i already am." She starts her way to the door.

145Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sun 19 Aug - 21:39

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"Do we have any other personnel near the factory we can call in should we need them?" Rogue asks.

146Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Mon 20 Aug - 20:21

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"I have a direct line to the Beusoleil police department" Harlequin nodded: "We are authorized to scramble three local SWAT teams, should the need arise"

"Alright, lets wrap up" Amy said, closing her laptop and waving to everyone. As you begin to leave the crime scene, the local police officers remained behind, continuing to search the apartment for prints and signs of DNA.

Stepping back into the cold air of Beusoleil, you shiver slightly, as the sight of the gray city opens before you again.
There was a small storm brewing on the horizon. A few stray lightning strikes could be seen in the distance, but not heard yet.

Walking back across the street, with your boots splashing against the rain puddles, you notice a black van parked right next to your SUV's.

Amy smiled as she noticed it: "Ah, there is my private kingdom. Come" She waved you to follow.

Swinging open the back doors of the van, Amy revealed an electronic work station inside. A half dozen computers and monitors were hooked up and working in there, with a batpony soldier sitting on one of the chairs.

Amy climbed in and fell into a seat that must've been universally recognized as hers:

"Lets print out the map of the previous murders first" she said, clicking a few buttons and warming up the printer. A few seconds pass and a picture began to come out:

Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Beusol10

"Our factory is marked with a white dot on the map." Amy continued: "Its located just on the edge of the city, at the base of the Ducre Mountain.
The murder locations are marked with red dots" she pointed at the map:

"Now, I've ran an analysis of all known constellations, unfortunately the murder locations don't seem to match them.
I've also collected the pictures of all the pentagrams, photographed from directly above, then made them half transparent and layered them, one over the other, as you suggested.

All the pentagrams seem to be exact matches to one another.
That's all I have for now"

"Alright" Harlequin nodded: "Everyone, good work, I feel we're finally getting this case rolling.
Lets spread across the SUV's again and head for the factory"

Amy remained sitting in her van, energetically typing something on her work station.
Tom returned to the driver seat of one of the cars.

After everyone boarded, the SUV's and the van carefully rolled onto the highway again and began speeding down the empty road.

On your way to the factory, you already began seeing the edge of the city. A majestic mountain with its peak covered in snow, began to materialize on the horizon. The heavy storm clouds that were brewing around it, threatened to move onto the city and release either another rainfall or snow.

A few minutes pass, in the relative peace and silence of the city, until your earpiece clicked, and a mans voice came through:

"Attention convoy, this is the forward team. We've completed our objective and are ready to submit our report"

"Please go on, agent" Harlequin quietly said, looking through the cars window, at the gloomy city outside.

"We have successfully infiltrated the factory, under the disguise of foreign businessmen." the man continued:
"The factory is currently offline.
It appears it has been powered by magic, and as the magic began to disappear, the factory machines gradually ceased to work, until the factory stopped completely.

It appears to be deserted, save for the factory director. He's the only one here, as far as we can tell.

The director let us in without too many questions. He left us to our own devices, without any supervision. He then locked himself in his office. I believe he's heavily drinking.

We've managed to map most of the facility. So far, we haven't found anything suspicious. No decorative weapons, or secret passages. If those are present, we haven't seen them yet.

The factory's purpose appears to be the manufacturing of chairs, for passenger airplanes, and other various parts for cargo planes.

I can't say we've seen anything suspicious yet.
This may be an ordinary factory. Or the forbidden things are hidden exceptionally well.
Its possible we've missed something.

This concludes our report.

Any further orders? We are currently awaiting your arrival, at the factory's courtyard outside"

147Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Mon 20 Aug - 20:43

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:"I have a direct line to the Beusoleil police department" Harlequin nodded: "We are authorized to scramble three local SWAT teams, should the need arise"

"Alright, lets wrap up" Amy said, closing her laptop and waving to everyone. As you begin to leave the crime scene, the local police officers remained behind, continuing to search the apartment for prints and signs of DNA.

Stepping back into the cold air of Beusoleil, you shiver slightly, as the sight of the gray city opens before you again.
There was a small storm brewing on the horizon. A few stray lightning strikes could be seen in the distance, but not heard yet.

Walking back across the street, with your boots splashing against the rain puddles, you notice a black van parked right next to your SUV's.

Amy smiled as she noticed it: "Ah, there is my private kingdom. Come" She waved you to follow.

Swinging open the back doors of the van, Amy revealed an electronic work station inside. A half dozen computers and monitors were hooked up and working in there, with a batpony soldier sitting on one of the chairs.

Amy climbed in and fell into a seat that must've been universally recognized as hers:

"Lets print out the map of the previous murders first" she said, clicking a few buttons and warming up the printer. A few seconds pass and a picture began to come out:

Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Beusol10

"Our factory is marked with a white dot on the map." Amy continued: "Its located just on the edge of the city, at the base of the Ducre Mountain.
The murder locations are marked with red dots" she pointed at the map:

"Now, I've ran an analysis of all known constellations, unfortunately the murder locations don't seem to match them.
I've also collected the pictures of all the pentagrams, photographed from directly above, then made them half transparent and layered them, one over the other, as you suggested.

All the pentagrams seem to be exact matches to one another.
That's all I have for now"

"Alright" Harlequin nodded: "Everyone, good work, I feel we're finally getting this case rolling.
Lets spread across the SUV's again and head for the factory"

Amy remained sitting in her van, energetically typing something on her work station.
Tom returned to the driver seat of one of the cars.

After everyone boarded, the SUV's and the van carefully rolled onto the highway again and began speeding down the empty road.

On your way to the factory, you already began seeing the edge of the city. A majestic mountain with its peak covered in snow, began to materialize on the horizon. The heavy storm clouds that were brewing around it, threatened to move onto the city and release either another rainfall or snow.

A few minutes pass, is the relative peace and silence of the city, until your earpiece clicked, and a mans voice came through:

"Attention convoy, this is the forward team. We've completed our objective and are ready to submit our report"

"Please go on, agent" Harlequin quietly said, looking through the cars window, at the gloomy city outside.

"We have successfully infiltrated the factory, under the disguise of foreign businessmen." the man continued:
"The factory is currently offline.
It appears it has been powered by magic, and as the magic began to disappear, the factory machines gradually ceased to work, until the factory stopped completely.

It appears to be deserted, save for the factory director. He's the only one here, as far as we can tell.

The director let us in without too many questions, and left us to our own devices. He then locked himself in his office. I believe he's heavily drinking.

We've managed to map most of the facility. So far, we haven't found anything suspicious. No decorative weapons, or secret passages. If those are present, we haven't seen them yet.

The factory's purpose appears to be the manufacturing of chairs, for passenger airplanes, and other various parts for cargo airplanes.

I can't say we've seen anything suspicious yet.
This may be an ordinary factory. Or the forbidden things are being hidden exceptionally well.
Its possible we've missed something.

This concludes our report.

Any further orders? We are currently awaiting your arrival, at the factory's courtyard outside"

Rogue chose to ride in the van with Amy, much more at home among the computers. He begins examining the map more closely and, spotting something, traces his finger between them.

"Before the rectangular grid of streets was laid down, were there any sights of magical or religious significance in this area, that might've been demolished and built over by the expanding city?" he asks Amy, "If there are, it might be interesting to plot them all up on another map as well and compare the two to see if they match up with the crime scenes - the murderer could be relying on older locations already imbued with certain properties long forgotten to help him with his work.

Also, would it be possible to find out how all of the victims came to own the houses or flats they were in when they died? There could be a 'trusted trader' scheme at the company to recommend appropriate housing near the factory for employee convienience, and if the houses and apartment blocks were on sights of power, employees recommended them by the company might've been chosen for a reason..."

148Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Mon 20 Aug - 21:01

Dan One

Dan One

"Can you number the locations of the murders from first to most recent?" Sand stares intently at the screen

149Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Mon 20 Aug - 21:05

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain chuckles, "i would be drinking too honestly, stand fast we are on our way. Keep an eye on the shadows." Rain orders before getting off her radio.

150Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Mon 20 Aug - 21:49

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"Roger that ma'am" the radio switched off.

"Lets see" Amy began tapping away on the keyboard:

"Mmm... its seems that Barret Carrel Age: 23, Alesya Wion Age: 19 and Charee Gillon Age: 21, were living in rented apartments.
While Mark Buote Age: 61, Denis Voyer Age: 45 and Viau Zay Age: 53, were living in their own private apartments.

It appears only Charee Gillon and Alesya Wion used the factory's company help, to find their living apartments.
Everyone else used their own private connections or sources to find theirs."

She looked away and typed something on her keyboard: "Now, lets mark the murder sequence..." she checked the screen several times, then wrote down the numbers on the map:
"There" she said, nodding.

Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 6 Beusol11

Amy looked at the map again, her expression slowly becoming grim:

"I don't know about magical or religious significance, but it has a historical one... its.. not good.

About 90 years ago, a crowd of unicorns gathered here and wiped themselves into a frenzy. Believing themselves to be superior, they found every earth pony they could reach and violently killed them.

A lynch mob swept across the area. Horror, chaos, fire and pain.
The streets ran red with innocent blood. The victims were never properly buried. Left on the street.

They say, if you start digging under the asphalt, you can still find their bones..." Amy wrapped herself in her arms and looked away.

A few seconds passed in silence, before Harlequin asked over the earpiece:
"Where exactly did this happen?"

"...right here..." Amy vaguely traced her hand around the printed map:
"This whole area you see on the map... its soaked with innocent blood. They died here, for nothing." she looked down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum