The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim

+2
Silent Mist/Moon Dusts
Disgruntled purple
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 26]

251Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 30 Aug - 16:12

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Ducre Mountain)

The soldiers were still a good distance away, but you believe their armor silhouettes resemble the Tesian military standard. You're not a hundred percent sure.

As soon as Rain started firing, the soldiers dispersed and dived onto the ground. Laying prone in the snow, almost a kilometer away, they virtually faded from view.

"RAIN WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! STOP IT!" Amy screamed in panic, crouching down on the ground and covering hear head in fear.

The negative energy emanating from the pillar, was becoming more palpable with each passing moment. You feel a subconscious urge to get away from it as far as possible. The thoughts that began creeping into your mind, were not your own.

The pillar was the source of the mental breakdowns in the region. Somehow, you knew it, you felt it deep in your bones. An unseen, yet palpable force, emanated in all directions, with the pillar at the center. There was no doubt in your mind.

Far in the distance, where the soldiers had dived into the snow, you suddenly saw one of them fire a red flare into the sky.

"...flare?... what are they doing?" Amy called in alarm: "This area is lit up well enough..."

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

252Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 30 Aug - 16:47

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Rogue and Twilight)

"Rogue, Harlequin, this is Tomas. I'm patching you to our radio feed, so you can monitor our mission, over" Tomas said into his earpiece.

The SWAT officer closest to the front door, gently pulled at the handle. The door opened with a slight creek.

"...he left the door unlocked. Odd." you heard the officer over the earpiece.

One by one, the unit stepped into the house, moving in silence and unison. A dark wooden interior came into view. Cobwebs, dust and decaying furniture filled the living room. An old desk, a broken vase and a moth eaten sofa came into view.
The air was stale and heavy. It looked like no one came in here for years, but the recent footprints on the dusty floor, said otherwise.

Quickly scanning the room and squinting into the darkness, you see no one, until a faint glitter of light attracted your attention, at the end of the room. It came from below, from a staircase leading into the basement.

"...Sewer Team, we have contact! Contact in the basement!" you heard voices in your earpiece:
"POLICE! DOWN! GET DOWN ON THE GROUND! DO IT N-AAAH FUCK!!" you heard some kind loud impact, coming from the basement.

"...son of a bitch... what is that?..." you heard a haggard voice in the earpiece:
"......Attention all units! Suspect contained! Repeat!
The suspect is contained! Over!
"

"...Contained?.." Tomas whispered: "Odd choice of words... what did he mean?"

//Soundtrack

Rapidly moving toward the basement, you are met with a faint smell of Rose Hips. Descending the stairs, you began noticing some strange herbs, hanging in bulks from screws on the walls. Someone left them here to dry up and tied together with a rubber band.

A few moments, later you step into a very large basement, illuminated by numerous candles that haphazardly stood along the walls. A dozen or so SWAT officers already stood there. And in the middle of them, some distance away, sat a man.

One look at him was enough to deduce, he knew only war for most of his life.
His face was riddled with horrible scars, new and old. Some of them looked bizarre, as if they'd taken chunks out of his face. You can't imagine what kind of weapon would leave marks like that.

He quietly sat on the floor, his eyes closed, with an expression of concentrated tranquility.
It looks like he's meditating.
His ears slightly moved as you entered. He is clearly aware of your presence but he didn't open his eyes.

His body was covered in some kind of leather and metal armor. You've never seen a design like that before. No weapons were visible anywhere. He appears to be unarmed at a glance.

Looking down at the floor, you notice he's sitting atop three different pentagrams, all drawn in a different color. They didn't match the ones you saw before, at the other crime scenes.

Tomas looked at him and began slowly approaching.

"Wait up" one of the Sewer Team called: "Watch" the SWAT officer slowly moved his sword in the direction of the serial killer.
At some point, the officers sword stopped moving and bounced off, as if repelled by an invisible barrier.

Just at that moment, a transparent sphere became visible around the serial killer. It completely encased him and the pentagrams on the floor.
It shimmered in the light for a few moments, then faded from view.

"...some kind of... transparent force field..." the SWAT officer said: "He's surrounded by it"

The serial killer of Beusoleil remained still, seemingly meditating on the floor with his eyes closed.
The staggering amount of armed men in the room, didn't seem to bother him in the slightest.

He continued sitting with his eyes closed, ignoring everything around him.

"If he's the only guy in the city who can still use magic, a forcefield makes sense since non-magic attacks'll be at a natural disadvantage" Rogue says over the radio, unable to see any additional detail, "Is he casting it himself, or's there anything else there that might be projecting it? And can we tell if he's Davis Archer or not?"

253Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 30 Aug - 18:19

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Rogue and Twilight)

"Negative, negative its not Davis Archer" one of the SWAT officers called:

"...stand by..." he pressed a hand to his earpiece and listened to a different broadcast. After a moment he said:

"Eye witnesses confirmed, Davis Archer was murdered at the bus stop, earlier today. They identified him from his photo in the factory personnel file.
The identity of the serial killer is unknown.
"

"Wait... he's not an earth pony... look-" Tomas called: "...at the base of his neck... he's a sea pony"
He fell into thought:
"...earth ponies and sea ponies look exactly the same, the only difference is the latter have gills, at the base of their neck.
Wearing a high collar shirt, would obscure the gills entirely. It would be easy to mistake him for an earth pony.

None the less, sea ponies can't use magic either. But... he seems to be able to.

I'm.. not sure what made the force field. It may be the killers doing, or something else. But I see three distinct pentagrams on the floor. He's sitting on them.
Gods, he's ignoring us completely. He doesn't even look threatened" Tomas said, exhaling.

One of the SWAT officers frowned:
"...you know what I'm not seeing? A giant sword made of fire.
He's not carrying it. I don't see it in the basement.
The suspect appears to be unarmed.
He might be carrying concealed weapons though. Stay alert.
"

254Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 30 Aug - 19:25

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"Negative, negative its not Davis Archer" one of the SWAT officers called:

"...stand by..." he pressed a hand to his earpiece and listened to a different broadcast. After a moment he said:

"Eye witnesses confirmed, Davis Archer was murdered at the bus stop, earlier today. They identified him from his photo in the factory personnel file.
The identity of the serial killer is unknown.
"

"Wait... he's not an earth pony... look-" Tomas called: "...at the base of his neck... he's a sea pony"
He fell into thought:
"...earth ponies and sea ponies look exactly the same, the only difference is the latter have gills, at the base of their neck.
Wearing a high collar shirt, would obscure the gills entirely. It would be easy to mistake him for an earth pony.

None the less, sea ponies can't use magic either. But... he seems to be able to.

I'm.. not sure what made the force field. It may be the killers doing, or something else. But I see three distinct pentagrams on the floor. He's sitting on them.
Gods, he's ignoring us completely. He doesn't even look threatened" Tomas said, exhaling.

One of the SWAT officers frowned:
"...you know what I'm not seeing? A giant sword made of fire.
He's not carrying it. I don't see it in the basement.
The suspect appears to be unarmed.
He might be carrying concealed weapons though. Stay alert.
"

"Distinct pentagrams, different to the ones we've seen so far, can you take photos of them and send them to us now?" Rogue asks.

255Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 30 Aug - 19:58

Dan One

Dan One

"Because the general of the Nyx army just attacked Tesian military personal" Sand looks at Rain a moment. She slowly stands from her spot eyeing the area where the soldiers took cover. "Those are probably warning signs on that fence. We should leave! Right now! Before this is seen as an act of war."

256Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 30 Aug - 20:08

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"GO LEAVE!" She points to her companions her wing open and she holsters her revolver and begins flying twards the soldiers.

257Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 30 Aug - 22:41

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"If I'm not mistaken here, these pentagrams are the way he casts magic." Twilight said, studying them.

She looks at him. "Three in total, no flaming sword... I have a terrible train of thought."

She looks at the group. "If my guess is correct, he can hear us, but he's deeply concentrating to make three spells work at once. One to keep his barrier up, one to conceal the sword somewhere and a third to do something else. Something sinister."

She looks at the killer again, with no sympathy. She then whispered into the team radio.

"Make him jump out of his skin."

258Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 30 Aug - 23:14

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Rogue and Twilight)

Unexpectedly and in a fraction of a second, three batponies violently lashed out at the force field, their sword bouncing off of it in a deafening bang.

The killer flinched from the sound, then very slowly opened his eyes and frowned at them.
He muttered something quietly, through gritted teeth.

The language he spoke was completely alien to you. You've never heard anything like that. The words didn't sound similar to anything you knew.

".....god... what language is he speaking?" one of the officers asked, his tone shifting in confusion.

"I don't know" Tomas quietly shook his head.

The killer slowly shifted his gaze and looked at Twilight. He said something to her, in a quiet, calm voice.

You couldn't understand his words at all. The brief look he gave you, was the look someone gives a loud fly on the window. There was no malice or hate in his eyes, not really. He was looking at you as a nuisance.

The killer waited a moment, then closed his eyes again, returning to his meditative state.

"...can he even understand us?" one of the officers asked.

Tom slowly took out his phone and snapped a picture of the pentagrams, before sending it to Rogue.

259Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 30 Aug - 23:15

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Ducre Mountain)

Amy and the other four batponies remained frozen in place, confused and conflicted. They were visibly battling with a choice, between following Rains order, or charging after her.

A distinct sound of aerial engines began to echo over the horizon, rapidly growing louder, before a heavy attack helicopter flew into view, from the other side of the mountain peak.
A Tesian flag was painted over its tail.

It was completely packed with missiles.

Two massive miniguns were visible on each of its wings, the guns were already spun up and ready to fire, their barrels firmly aimed at you.

A deafening voice boomed out of the helicopters megaphone, loudly echoing across the mountain. The pilot spoke Tesian, angrily barking orders at you, you were sure of that.

"Shit! If he decides to fire, we're dead! There's no cover here!" Amy yelled in panic over the raging wind.

She visibly raised her hands up and got down on her knees, looking up at the helicopter and signaling her surrender.
The other batponies slowly did the same.

The Tesian pilot angrily barked something again over the megaphone. His chopper made a slight turn, aiming his guns at Rain, as she rapidly flew over the mountain.
It sounded like the pilot was ordering her to do something.

260Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 30 Aug - 23:28

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain holds her hands up, "THERES NO NEED FOR THIS! I CAN EXPLAIN EVERYTHING!" she shakes her head and puts two fingers up, and another hand on her heart.

261Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 30 Aug - 23:34

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Ducre Mountain)

"DON'T MOVE! DON'T YOU MOVE!!!" The pilot shouted in broken Soren over the megaphone.

It remained hovering in place, its guns still trained at you and tracking your movements.

Far in the distance, the 20 soldiers slowly emerged out of the snow and began making their way to you, in a quick jog.

"...the flare" Amy called: "..they must've used it to signal the helicopter. Are their radios down as well?"

The soldiers were rapidly approaching you. You could clearly see their Tesian armor now. The closer they got, the more you could see the pissed off look on their face.
You don't see any injuries on them, but they clearly did not appreciate being shot at.

262Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 30 Aug - 23:49

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain nods she points to herself and puts her fist in her hand before moving her hand under her chin and moving it forward as if she were speaking, "I want to talk!" She says as she signs she points to herself and then the ground requesting to land.

263Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 31 Aug - 1:16

Dan One

Dan One

Sand gives a sharp whistle then follows the others and kneels. Hands raised and far from her body. Ornstein, who had been circling above, descends and lands on her shoulder. With her arms no longer helping keep her warm she starts to vibrate again.

264Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 31 Aug - 13:47

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Unexpectedly and in a fraction of a second, three batponies violently lashed out at the force field, their sword bouncing off of it in a deafening bang.

The killer flinched from the sound, then very slowly opened his eyes and frowned at them.
He muttered something quietly, through gritted teeth.

The language he spoke was completely alien to you. You've never heard anything like that. The words didn't sound similar to anything you knew.

".....god... what language is he speaking?" one of the officers asked, his tone shifting in confusion.

"I don't know" Tomas quietly shook his head.

The killer slowly shifted his gaze and looked at Twilight. He said something to her, in a quiet, calm voice.

You couldn't understand his words at all. The brief look he gave you, was the look someone gives a loud fly on the window. There was no malice or hate in his eyes, not really. He was looking at you as a nuisance.

The killer waited a moment, then closed his eyes again, returning to his meditative state.

"...can he even understand us?" one of the officers asked.

Tom slowly took out his phone and snapped a picture of the pentagrams, before sending it to Rogue.

"Can we compare these to the other pentagram, the one present at all of the murders, and see if there're any common symbols between them?" Rogue asks.

265Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 31 Aug - 17:56

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight rubs her chin in thought.

"That wasn't infernal tongue. That was just another language. Does anyone know a lot of languages here?"

She crouches in front of him and taps on the barrier, trying to get his attention.

"Do you understand me? Nod your head for yes"

266Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 31 Aug - 21:24

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Rogue and Twilight)

The killer slowly opened his eyes again and looked at you. Up close, you noticed his eyes really did shine a faint green color. You've never seen anything like that.

He began quietly explaining something in an unfamiliar language. After a few moments, he must have read your expression and realized you didn't understand him.
The man hopelessly sighed.

Judging from his expression, he's unsure of how to interpret your actions.

"...I.. don't know what language he's using.." Tom hopelessly shook his head.
Some of the other men in the room shrugged slightly. It seems no one really knows what the killer is saying.

Tom stepped a bit closer and looked at the pentagrams on the floor:
"...there might be common symbols here.. I'm not sure... we'll have to thoroughly analyze it later.
Though, its written in the same language as all the other pentagrams, that's for sure"

Inside the police station, Kathy was intently listening to your conversation over the earpiece, becoming more and more terrified with each moment:

"W-why are you talking to him! He's a murderer! You have to take him down! Now! Before he comes after me!!" Kathy finally screamed out in panic. Her eyes look haunted. She's terrified.

267Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 31 Aug - 21:24

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Ducre Mountain)

The helicopter remained hovering in place, as the twenty Tesian soldiers made their way to you.

As they finally reach you, one of them pointed at Rain and yelled over the raging winds:

"Land! Now!" He barked in broken Soren:

"By the order of the Tesian Councilor, this area is restricted! Identify yourselves! What are you doing with the pillar!"

The soldiers seem on edge, some of them are tightly grasping the hilts of their sheathed weapons. It seems they expect to be shot at again, at any moment.

268Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 31 Aug - 21:29

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"General Runner of the Nyx military, at ease... im sure you know full well what these pillers makes people do or must I explain?" She whistles waving her men over, "Full disclosure, I am... Very, Awfully sorry for shooting at you, These pillers this magic, drives people to the brink of insanity, I made the mistake of closing in and therefor am very sorry for my act of hostility twards you." She bows, "We were scouting for information, we had a lead that there was something here. I presume you have it under control yes?"

269Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 31 Aug - 21:42

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Ducre Mountain)

"I know pillar causes insanity! That's why the area is restricted!" the soldier angrily waved at the makeshift fence:
"The sign says 'Life Threat Danger! Entry prohibited and will be prosecuted harshly!"

"Ahaaa.. we couldn't actually read that.. sorry.." Amy sheepishly smiled, slowly coming closer: "Maybe if you wrote it also in Union international we would've-.."

The soldier gave her a hundred mile death stare and Amy went quiet real fast.

"LEAVE!" the soldier barked: "Get back to the city! Right now! Your Nyx Councilor will be hearing of this!!!"

"W-wait!.." Amy hastily called: "If..... if you know the pillar causes insanity, why didn't you destroy it"

"You think we haven't tried!!!" The soldier barked, then picked up the nearest rock and savagely hurled it at the transparent pillar.
The rock went right through it, as if it was empty air, and landed in the snow.

"The pillar is there! But it isn't! We cannot destroy it because we cannot touch it!
Its transparent, like empty air. But its real! Its affecting our radios and causing the storm" he pointed at the clouds above:
"It causes insanity, and we cannot remove it! We don't know how!"

270Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 31 Aug - 22:03

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight rub her chin in thought.

"I may have an idea." She says. "I'm going to need pen and paper though."

271Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 31 Aug - 22:06

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"You leave my Harle out of this. Any problems with my work and my mistakes you send to me." she rests her fingers on the bridge of her nose and sighs, "What if i told you we have the cause of the pillar in the palm of our hands. Possibly the thing to destroy it and stop this whole mess." She looks back to the pillar, "If you could offer transport we could possibly solve this problem with a well placed military force?"

272Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 31 Aug - 22:43

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Ducre Mountain)

The soldiers waited a moment, before one of them said: "...I'm listening. Go on."

273Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 31 Aug - 22:43

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Rogue and Twilight)

"I think I had s-" Tomas began to speak then froze up.

One of the pentagrams on the floor suddenly lit up, with a bright yellow. The killer immediately looked at it and placed his palm at the pentagrams center.
His eyes briefly closed. His head moved in a strange manner, as if he was trying to hear something.

"...what is he doing.." one of the officers called in alarm.

The killer opened his eyes and began squinting into space, slowly moving his head from left to right, until he suddenly stopped and scowled at nothing. He was looking right through the soldiers. His scowl deepened.

The killer briefly looked at Twilight and calmly said something, matter of factly. Before he suddenly slammed his palm into the second pentagram on the floor.

"KEETZ!" the killer barked at the top of his lungs and in a fraction of a second, the entire room became engulfed in total darkness.
Everything faded from view. Only an unseeing blackness remained. It was unnatural.

Usually, in the most darkest of places, you could still see traces of residual light. But there was nothing. You couldn't see the room, the candles or the people inside. You couldn't even see your own hands.

A veil of darkness had descended, obscuring everything from view.

"He's on the move! HE'S ON THE MOVE- AAGH!!!" You heard angry screaming and several bodies tumbling onto the floor.
It sounded like the killer just rammed his way passed the crowd.

The sound of clashing swords was heard and angry screaming. There was a fight going on but all you could see was complete blackness.

"I LOST HIM!"
"WHERE IS HE?!" the voices started to shout.

"THE SEWER! HE'S GOING INTO THE SEWER!!!" Someone else barked.

You heard a dozen bodies rushing in random directions and heavily stumbling into each other. The room was in total chaos.

In the racket of countless footsteps, it was hard to tell the direction of the killer

274Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 31 Aug - 22:58

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"In a house in the city theres a killer... we have his final target at the police station. If you can take us to the address amy will give you, we can reinforce the police station. Right now we have little defending it, but with 20 mabye more tessin soldiers and a chopper I would say It would be rightly defended. We know for a fact hes going to end up there one way or the other. Its just a matter of time and if you want in, then I request you make your desision quickly. You will be falling under our command for a short time, you can tell your commander if you wish and i will not overrule his objections in the matter."

275Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 1 Sep - 0:02

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Closing her eyes, the sounds were even louder. She inhaled once.

"EVERYONE CALM DOWN AND COMPOSE YOURSELF!"

She took another breath.

"Use your other senses to escape the room! Warn the base that he's on the move once you're out of there."

She begins to feel around too. "I hope he just darkened the room and not blinded us for a while."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum