The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim

+2
Silent Mist/Moon Dusts
Disgruntled purple
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 26]

276Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 1 Sep - 17:35

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Rogue and Twilight)

The killer slowly opened his eyes again and looked at you. Up close, you noticed his eyes really did shine a faint green color. You've never seen anything like that.

He began quietly explaining something in an unfamiliar language. After a few moments, he must have read your expression and realized you didn't understand him.
The man hopelessly sighed.

Judging from his expression, he's unsure of how to interpret your actions.

"...I.. don't know what language he's using.." Tom hopelessly shook his head.
Some of the other men in the room shrugged slightly. It seems no one really knows what the killer is saying.

Tom stepped a bit closer and looked at the pentagrams on the floor:
"...there might be common symbols here.. I'm not sure... we'll have to thoroughly analyze it later.
Though, its written in the same language as all the other pentagrams, that's for sure"

Inside the police station, Kathy was intently listening to your conversation over the earpiece, becoming more and more terrified with each moment:

"W-why are you talking to him! He's a murderer! You have to take him down! Now! Before he comes after me!!" Kathy finally screamed out in panic. Her eyes look haunted. She's terrified.

"Kathy, please calm down, panicking'll only make your condition worse. Shooting first and asking questions later won't solve this problem, which means we need him alive" Rogue explains calmly "Have we been recording this conversation, i'd like to play that language through my translation software, maybe it can recognise any magic loanwords he might be using?"

277Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 1 Sep - 17:38

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Blue, blonde and purple wrote:Closing her eyes, the sounds were even louder. She inhaled once.

"EVERYONE CALM DOWN AND COMPOSE YOURSELF!"

She took another breath.

"Use your other senses to escape the room! Warn the base that he's on the move once you're out of there."

She begins to feel around too. "I hope he just darkened the room and not blinded us for a while."

"Don't worry, we heard" Rogue confirms over the radio "We're going to need a plan of the sewers, try to block off as many entrances close to the police station as we can, so we can force him to approach at surface level on the roads out in the open."

278Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 1 Sep - 20:05

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Ducre Mountain)

The soldiers exchanged looks and quietly discussed something with each other. After several moments, one of them looked back at you and nodded:

"Very well. I am pursuing this lead"

He went out into the open and energetically waved his hands in the air, signaling the helicopter. The chopper slightly tilted, extending its landing gear and began landing. You could see a cramped passenger compartment at its side, fully armored, with a few tiny windows on the side.

"Lets go" one of the soldiers waved, as the chopper touched down, its engine kicking up snow into the air.
Sliding open the passenger door, the soldiers started piling inside. Amy and the other batponies briefly exchanged looks with you, before boarding as well.

As soon as everyone boarded, the chopper made a sudden and violent take off, tilting itself forward at an unsettling angle and beginning to speed towards the city. Amy just barely managed to put on a seat belt, before the chopper's tilt became dangerous.
The comfort of passengers was clearly not on the pilots mind. Only the increase of speed seemed to matter to him.

"...Rain, nice one" Amy whispered, trying to lean closer to Rain's ear: "This aircraft's fast. We won't just get back in time, we'll bring one hell of a backup force. Ya took a bad situation and turned it to our advantage, hehe" Amy brightly smiled.

"What's our destination?" One of the soldiers called, trying to be heard over the choppers buzzing engines.

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

279Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 1 Sep - 20:05

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Twilight and Rogue)

In the abandoned house,
Trying to get your bearings, you accidentally step on someone who was laying on the floor and heard a muffled yelp.

A new pair of footsteps came running down into the basement and briefly froze up in place.
Someone started energetically patting you on the shoulder:

"Oi! Snap out of it! What's gotten into you guys!" someone slightly shook your shoulder. You still can't see anything except a firm veil of darkness.

"TEAM ONE, WE'RE IN PURSUIT!" you heard someone scream in the earpiece: "HE STILL HAS THE FORCE FIELD AROUND HIM! WE PUMMELED IT A DOZEN TIMES, I THINK ITS STARTING TO CRACK! IF WE KEEP AT IT, IT MAY SHATTER C-AAAAAH!!!"

"MAN DOWN, MAN DOWN!" a raspy voice barked.

"GET TO COVER! IF YOU'RE HIT BY THAT PURPLE LIGHT, YOU'LL BE PARALYZED!"

You felt Tomas stumble into you and recoil back: "Sorry... Twilight I can't see my own hands"
Tomas called, slight panic creeping into his voice.

"Nyx Fireteam Three. We have a visual on the killer" someone else breathed into the earpiece:
"He's heading west through the sewers! We're loosing him! He's spamming magic all over the place!"

Back in the police station, Harlequin frowned and signaled one of the cops nearby, to find the sewer schematics on the nearest computer.

One of the senior officers who was listening to the radio broadcast with a pair of headphones, looked up from his work station and looked at Rogue:

"...We've ran the killers speech through our language recognition software. There was no match" the officer said, then looked at his workstation again and pressed a button.
The killers conversation began to replay.

His voice was very calm, collected. He didn't sound angry. More neutral or slightly annoyed at times.

Listening to the recording, Kathy began taking a few cautious steps back. She grows more and more terrified with each passing second.

280Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 1 Sep - 20:16

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Twilight and Rogue)

In the abandoned house,
Trying to get your bearings, you accidentally step on someone who was laying on the floor and heard a muffled yelp.

A new pair of footsteps came running down into the basement and briefly froze up in place.
Someone started energetically patting you on the shoulder:

"Oi! Snap out of it! What's gotten into you guys!" someone slightly shook your shoulder. You still can't see anything except a firm veil of darkness.

"TEAM ONE, WE'RE IN PURSUIT!" you heard someone scream in the earpiece: "HE STILL HAS THE FORCE FIELD AROUND HIM! WE PUMMELED IT A DOZEN TIMES, I THINK ITS STARTING TO CRACK! IF WE KEEP AT IT, IT MAY SHATTER C-AAAAAH!!!"

"MAN DOWN, MAN DOWN!" a raspy voice barked.

"GET TO COVER! IF YOU'RE HIT BY THAT PURPLE LIGHT, YOU'LL BE PARALYZED!"

You felt Tomas stumble into you and recoil back: "Sorry... Twilight I can't see my own hands"
Tomas called, slight panic creeping into his voice.

"Nyx Fireteam Three. We have a visual on the killer" someone else breathed into the earpiece:
"He's heading west through the sewers! We're loosing him! He's spamming magic all over the place!"

Back in the police station, Harlequin frowned and signaled one of the cops nearby, to find the sewer schematics on the nearest computer.

One of the senior officers who was listening to the radio broadcast with a pair of headphones, looked up from his work station and looked at Rogue:

"...We've ran the killers speech through our language recognition software. There was no match" the officer said, then looked at his workstation again and pressed a button.
The killers conversation began to replay.

His voice was very calm, collected. He didn't sound angry. More neutral or slightly annoyed at times.

Listening to the recording, Kathy began taking a few cautious steps back. She grows more and more terrified with each passing second.

"Kathy, do you know what he's saying?" Rogue asks her.

281Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 1 Sep - 20:24

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

// Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well Very Happy

This Tuesday I'll be taking the final exam to complete the college degree,
The exam will be taking place in Jerusalem, at like 8 in the morning, its pretty far from where I live so I won't be able to reach the city in time on that day,

So me and a few friends rented a hotel room in Jerusalem, a few days before the exam.

I'll be heading off to Jerusalem tomorrow, I'll be there on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of September, then will be heading back.

I don't know if I'll be able to update the rp during these days, with the final preparation push for the exam and all the chaos of traveling etc.

Sorry about the delay Embarassed The rp updates will return for sure this Wednesday.

Have a good weekend everyone =)

282Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 1 Sep - 20:35

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Police Station)

"What?" Kathy asked, almost recoiling. Your question startled her. She took another subtle step back. Her ears pressing low against her head:

"No. I don't." she said, a little too firmly.

Kathy is looking directly into your eyes. It was clear she was scared. But only after a few moments of studying her expression, you realized, she was scared, of you.

"Kathy?" Harlequin called in confusion.

Kathy gave her the same look and didn't answer.

283Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 1 Sep - 20:48

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:// Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well Very Happy

This Tuesday I'll be taking the final exam to complete the college degree,
The exam will be taking place in Jerusalem, at like 8 in the morning, its pretty far from where I live so I won't be able to reach the city in time on that day,

So me and a few friends rented a hotel room in Jerusalem, a few days before the exam.

I'll be heading off to Jerusalem tomorrow, I'll be there on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of September, then will be heading back.

I don't know if I'll be able to update the rp during these days, with the final preparation push for the exam and all the chaos of traveling etc.

Sorry about the delay Embarassed The rp updates will return for sure this Wednesday.

Have a good weekend everyone =)

// Good luck with the exam, don't get too stressed out and remember to relax

284Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 1 Sep - 20:51

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Police Station)

"What?" Kathy asked, almost recoiling. Your question startled her. She took another subtle step back. Her ears pressing low against her head:

"No. I don't." she said, a little too firmly.

Kathy is looking directly into your eyes. It was clear she was scared. But only after a few moments of studying her expression, you realized, she was scared, of you.

"Kathy?" Harlequin called in confusion.

Kathy gave her the same look and didn't answer.

"Or perhaps, Kathy, are you wondering why we can't understand him?" Rogue asks, acting on a hunch.

285Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 1 Sep - 21:41

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"What's gotten into us? Well..." She rubs her eyes, it has no effect anyways. "We've been hit by a blinding spell. I don't feel them burning or anything, so they're intact, right?"

She feels ahead, pulling back once she's touching a face.

"Also, is there someone on the floor? I think I heard something?"

286Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sat 1 Sep - 22:57

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"Amy you have the exact adress, i dont have it memorized, we are heading to the police station." She pulls her radio back out, "Harle, This is Rain. We stumbled across a piller and in a series of unfortunate events are also bringing a massive backup force. Look for a Tessan chopper, that'll be us." She huffs

287Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 5 Sep - 19:05

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

// Thanx ^^

288Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 5 Sep - 19:05

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Rain, Sand)

"Chopper?..." You heard Harlequin reply over the earpiece: "...understood. Please hurry, the killer is on the move."

Amy leaned closer to one of the Tesian soldiers and called:
"Head for the central police station in Beusoleil"

The soldier nodded, then looked at Rain:
"So this Killer, you're saying he's the cause of the pillar? He can destroy it?" he chewed his lip for a moment, thinking things over:

"The mental breakdowns in Tesia are reaching a critical point. New cases are being reported across the country, each minute.
If this keeps up, Tesia will reach equilibrium with the rest of the world, fully devoid of magic and its crime rate up 40%. Just like everywhere else.

Equestria is the only safe haven left. It will be the next target" he looked away, through the choppers reinforced window:

"...I sent my family there...

If we don't stop this madness in Tesia, then it will spill into Equestria, and humanities last haven will fall."

As you look out of the window, you notice the chopper begin a landing approach, toward the helicopter pad on the police stations roof:

"How do you wonna play this?" the soldier asked, looking at you.

Last edited by Kaylee Brown on Wed 5 Sep - 19:06; edited 1 time in total

289Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 5 Sep - 19:06

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Rogue)

Kathy nervously swallowed: "...I.... uh..."

Her eyes are darting left and right, she appears to be rapidly thinking:

"......N-no. I was just startled by his voice, that's all.. I'm afraid I can't understand him at all. " she slowly said after a moment, looking at you. She seems to be calming down.
Her face still looks sickly pale though.

From the direction of the roof, you suddenly heard the roar of an approaching helicopter. Judging by
its deafening sound, it was a heavy combat model.

Kathy recoiled, crouching down on the floor and grabbing hold of a tables leg:
"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!" She screamed in shock, her eyes are going wild.

290Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 5 Sep - 19:06

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Twilight)

"...your eyes seem to be fine.." the voice said next to you: "I don't see any injuries on them"

You blink several times, as bizarre shapes suddenly began floating in your vision, then the darkness began to fade, as if someone slowly removed a curtain that hung over your eyes.

The room slowly came into view again, it was still brightly lit, by the numerous candles that stood by the walls.

Almost ten people laid on the floor. Some of them unconscious, others awake, their eyes wildly darting across the room. They weren't moving.

"...its some kind of... paralyzing spell" the voice next to you spoke again, and as you turn, you notice a SWAT officer next to you:
"A lot of our men got hit by it, but we couldn't find any injuries on them either.

Hey.. wait.. can you see again? Your eyes caught focus suddenly"

A few moments passed before you heard Harlequins voice in your radio:
"Fireteam, what is your status, over? Give me a casualty report!"

"Zero. Zero casualties ma'am. Zero dead" The SWAT officer replied, pressing a finger to his earpiece.

"Zero?...." Harlequin asked in growing confusion: "...he didn't kill anyone... even in this situation?...
He was grossly outnumbered. How did he slip through
"

"Some kind of... force field, blinding and paralysis magic, I've never seen anything like this" the SWAT officer said.

"......I understand" Harlequin replied. She waited a few moments before continuing:

"...Twilight, how do you want to proceed?
Pursue the killer from your position or double back to the police station?"

291Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 5 Sep - 19:26

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"We have the last target downstairs, our killer is on the move twards her. We wish to take him alive but do what you must to eliminate him. He has powerful magic and the strangest part is that we are told he's an earth pony." She steps off of the chopper, "Eyes open and blades drawn, lets head down and cover our VIP. Please do take care if you go down im going to be blamed for it." She opens the roof door and motions for the team to start making their way down. Her eyes turn to the pilots, "You two patrol the streets around us, our killer is a cloaked earthpony with a flaming sword of some sort. If you cannot stop him passify him in any means nessissary... even if it means going leathal."

292Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 5 Sep - 22:03

Dan One

Dan One

"Amy, can you get thermal and infrared satellite images of the mountain over the past 34 days?" Sand asks "The pillar is giving off a negative vibe and it matches the same effect of the nightmares. I'm wondering if the pillar was there but hidden from regular vision and now only visible because of some other factor."

293Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 5 Sep - 23:01

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

She's rubbing her eyes, they're adjusting to the world again.

"I guess I was hit by a blinding spell. Okay, it seems to not work out great here."

When the request for expertise came, she began a reply.

"I believe some of our group are already in pursuit. Though I sure that, based on the screams, it's not going too great. The killer is probably en route to you right now. Hmmm..."

She was silent for a moment, then spoke again. "I suggest the following. Fortify the location. We'll follow him and try to make his journey more of a burden. And I want you to at least slow him down. When that happens, we'll come in to pincer him in. Who knows, maybe he'll be too tired to deal great damage. So we'll follow, to delay and burden him. Then either one of our groups can deal the finishing blow. Is that fair?"

294Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 6 Sep - 10:08

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

// HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DUNEMERE =D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunny sunny sunny king king king flower flower flower Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

(Police Station)

"Copy that" Amy nodded, stepping down from the helicopter and already typing keys on her laptop.

As soon as everyone stepped down, the roar of the engines grew and the chopper heavily took off from the roof, beginning a long circle around the police station.

"Lets see... yeah, I have satellite images of the mountain. There's a lot, I'll start going through them" she said, beginning to follow Rain and almost tripped at the staircase.
Descending several floors down, you reach the first floor.

Rogue, Kathy and Harlequin came into view. For some reason Kathy looks sickly pale, crouching on the floor and hugging a tables leg. Her eyes are wildly darting in the direction of the helicopter's roaring engines outside. It looks like the sound is scaring her.

"I got it!" Amy suddenly called, starring intently at her laptop:

"...look" she pointed at the screen: "I found satellite images of the pillars location.
34 days ago there was nothing. The mountain was clear both in thermal and infrared.

Then, 4 days ago, a massive storm brew in. Heavy clouds covered the mountain, but on thermal you can see, an object has suddenly materialized there. It looks like a dot, but that's what a pillar would look like, from above. Its location matches the location we saw.

This pillar materialized here, 4 days ago, creating a storm around it and causing the mental breakdowns. Now if only we could prove, that its also draining our magic-..."

"Amy... "Harlequin quietly called, pointing at the screen: ".......what is that.."

// Soundtrack

Amy went deathly silent. Without saying a word, she began scrolling through the thermal images of the pillar.
Judging by the time the images where taken,

As soon as the pillar materialized, 12 tiny dots materialized next to it. The following images showed, the 12 dots had dispersed and moved along the side of the mountain. In the next images the 12 dots continued to change their location, moving further and further down the mountain, in the direction of Beusoleil.

"Amy.... what is that" Harlequin quietly called.

"I think... those are people..." Amy slowly replied: "...... 12 people appeared next to the pillar and ran towards Beusoleil..."

"Appeared?!" One of the Tesian soldiers barked: "What do you mean 'Appeared'! People don't just 'Appear' out of thin air!!"

"Wait... there's one more... look" Harlequin pointed at the screen.

On the next image, a 13 dot appeared next to the pillar. In the following images, it grew a long hot line next to it and moved in the same direction as the other dots. In each following image, the hot line next to the 13 dot, moved its position, but it remained close to the dot.

"...what is that hot line, next to it?" Harlequin asked.

"....hot... line... next to a person... seen from above..." Amy slowly repeated: "...for a thermal image to pick it up, it must be something very hot, like..... a Sword made of Fire."

"Oh my god" Harlequin leaned closer. The 13 dot was chasing the other twelve, there was no doubt about it.
In the following images, each time the 13 dot would reach one of the other 12, that dot would flash bright and blink out of view. This happened over and over, as the 13 dot methodically chased down the other 12.

"...he's hunting them.... killing them... that's why their heat signature fades from the image" Amy slowly exhaled:
"The 13 dot.... with a flaming sword... "

In the following images, the 13 dot has made all other dots fade from existence, except one. One dot managed to escape.
It ran down the mountain, and in the following image, it clearly entered Loyd's Factory, before the factory's roof hid it from view.

Back on the mountain, you saw the 13 dot struggle, then stop. The dots shape changed to the shape of a human.

"...look... why are we suddenly seeing him like this?" Harlequin asked.

"...he must have fallen down on the ground.." Amy slowly replied: "...he's laying there, prone or supine, that's why we can see his shape like that from above. But he's still alive, his heat signature is showing up on the image.
Why did he fall though? Was he injured in one of the fights?"

In the following images, hours have passed and morning came.
The 13 dot remained laying in the snow, somewhere on the side of the mountain.

Until it slowly began moving again, in the direction of Loyd's Factory, then towards Beusoleil, finally fading from view, in the sea of hot dots that riddled the city.

"Let me get this straight" one of the Tesian soldiers called:

"...12 people materialized with a pillar, atop this mountain, four days ago. They were then systematically hunted down by a 13 person, that materialized shortly after?
And he killed all of them, atop the mountain?"

"...all except one" Amy slowly replied: "One managed to escape and ran into Loyd's factory. The factory we visited.
This all happened during that 'Cursed Night shift' at the factory.

One of the twelve is still alive.. and I'd wager, still... being... hunted..."

295Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 6 Sep - 10:08

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Twilight)

"Sounds like a plan. Lets begin" Harlequin replied over the radio.

"Come on, we'll have to catch up" Tom waved you to follow and started to spring down the darkened hall, into the sewer.

It was quite dark here, Tom had to pull out a flashlight to illuminate the way forward. The sewer smelled with stale air, mold and other horrible things you preferred not to think about. The floor was covered by a thick layer of water. As you ran forward, it loudly echoed under your feet, splashing over your boots and trousers.

Here and there, you would pass an unconscious body of a SWAT officer or a batpony soldier. As Tom's flashlight briefly fell on them, you couldn't see any obvious injuries.

Far in the distance, you began hearing sounds of shouting and combat. The tunnel ahead would sometimes be lit up by a dim purple flash.

"We're catching up. We need to increase speed" Tom said, breaking into a mad sprint, the light from his flashlight beginning to wildly dance across the sewer tunnel.

A few moments later, you saw him. The killer was sprinting up further ahead, at a staggering speed. Chased closely behind by four batponies.
The killer was now ignoring them completely, focusing entirely on running as fast as he could.

Further ahead in his path, you noticed a ladder, going up to the street level. The killer is clearly sprinting towards it.

At the moment, he is a good 200 meters from you.

296Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 6 Sep - 10:19

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"I think we have our 12..." Rain begins making her way down to Kathy, "Its about time you start explaining things Kathy..." Rain glares, "...im not going to sit here and put up with your silent treatment, you need to tell us whats going on right fucking now." She huffs, "Start talking, what do you know of the pillar and the killer."

297Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 6 Sep - 20:33

Dan One

Dan One

"Rain, don't be so harsh on her" Sand walks over to Kathy and takes a seat on the floor beside her "Are you ok?"

298Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 6 Sep - 21:46

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:// HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DUNEMERE =D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

sunny sunny sunny king king king flower flower flower Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

(Police Station)

"Copy that" Amy nodded, stepping down from the helicopter and already typing keys on her laptop.

As soon as everyone stepped down, the roar of the engines grew and the chopper heavily took off from the roof, beginning a long circle around the police station.

"Lets see... yeah, I have satellite images of the mountain. There's a lot, I'll start going through them" she said, beginning to follow Rain and almost tripped at the staircase.
Descending several floors down, you reach the first floor.

Rogue, Kathy and Harlequin came into view. For some reason Kathy looks sickly pale, crouching on the floor and hugging a tables leg. Her eyes are wildly darting in the direction of the helicopter's roaring engines outside. It looks like the sound is scaring her.

"I got it!" Amy suddenly called, starring intently at her laptop:

"...look" she pointed at the screen: "I found satellite images of the pillars location.
34 days ago there was nothing. The mountain was clear both in thermal and infrared.

Then, 4 days ago, a massive storm brew in. Heavy clouds covered the mountain, but on thermal you can see, an object has suddenly materialized there. It looks like a dot, but that's what a pillar would look like, from above. Its location matches the location we saw.

This pillar materialized here, 4 days ago, creating a storm around it and causing the mental breakdowns. Now if only we could prove, that its also draining our magic-..."

"Amy... "Harlequin quietly called, pointing at the screen: ".......what is that.."

// Soundtrack

Amy went deathly silent. Without saying a word, she began scrolling through the thermal images of the pillar.
Judging by the time the images where taken,

As soon as the pillar materialized, 12 tiny dots materialized next to it. The following images showed, the 12 dots had dispersed and moved along the side of the mountain. In the next images the 12 dots continued to change their location, moving further and further down the mountain, in the direction of Beusoleil.

"Amy.... what is that" Harlequin quietly called.

"I think... those are people..." Amy slowly replied: "...... 12 people appeared next to the pillar and ran towards Beusoleil..."

"Appeared?!" One of the Tesian soldiers barked: "What do you mean 'Appeared'! People don't just 'Appear' out of thin air!!"

"Wait... there's one more... look" Harlequin pointed at the screen.

On the next image, a 13 dot appeared next to the pillar. In the following images, it grew a long hot line next to it and moved in the same direction as the other dots. In each following image, the hot line next to the 13 dot, moved its position, but it remained close to the dot.

"...what is that hot line, next to it?" Harlequin asked.

"....hot... line... next to a person... seen from above..." Amy slowly repeated: "...for a thermal image to pick it up, it must be something very hot, like..... a Sword made of Fire."

"Oh my god" Harlequin leaned closer. The 13 dot was chasing the other twelve, there was no doubt about it.
In the following images, each time the 13 dot would reach one of the other 12, that dot would flash bright and blink out of view. This happened over and over, as the 13 dot methodically chased down the other 12.

"...he's hunting them.... killing them... that's why their heat signature fades from the image" Amy slowly exhaled:
"The 13 dot.... with a flaming sword... "

In the following images, the 13 dot has made all other dots fade from existence, except one. One dot managed to escape.
It ran down the mountain, and in the following image, it clearly entered Loyd's Factory, before the factory's roof hid it from view.

Back on the mountain, you saw the 13 dot struggle, then stop. The dots shape changed to the shape of a human.

"...look... why are we suddenly seeing him like this?" Harlequin asked.

"...he must have fallen down on the ground.." Amy slowly replied: "...he's laying there, prone or supine, that's why we can see his shape like that from above. But he's still alive, his heat signature is showing up on the image.
Why did he fall though? Was he injured in one of the fights?"

In the following images, hours have passed and morning came.
The 13 dot remained laying in the snow, somewhere on the side of the mountain.

Until it slowly began moving again, in the direction of Loyd's Factory, then towards Beusoleil, finally fading from view, in the sea of hot dots that riddled the city.

"Let me get this straight" one of the Tesian soldiers called:

"...12 people materialized with a pillar, atop this mountain, four days ago. They were then systematically hunted down by a 13 person, that materialized shortly after?
And he killed all of them, atop the mountain?"

"...all except one" Amy slowly replied: "One managed to escape and ran into Loyd's factory. The factory we visited.
This all happened during that 'Cursed Night shift' at the factory.

One of the twelve is still alive.. and I'd wager, still... being... hunted..."

"Well, we did learn one thing from the assault on the house" Rogue says "No amount of professional troops are going to be able to stop him, he'll just use magic to disable and bypass them. I think our best bet now's to get Kathy airborne and away from here on the helicopter, as we haven't seen the guy fly yet so she might be safe up there."

299Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 7 Sep - 8:47

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

You earpiece switched on and a familiar voice rang in your ear:

"A-attention Union forces, can you hear me? This is forensics officer Chabot, of the Tesian PD. We met at the crime scene, in the apartment complex this morning." Chabot called in a shaking voice, he seems out of breath:

"After analyzing the crime scene, we found traces of a strange herb, in the tea cup that stood by the bed of the victim.
The herb smelled of Rose Hips. It was the source of the smell in the apartment.

Just to be thorough we analyzed its composition.

Its DNA doesn't match anything in our flora library. Its an unknown species of plants. It smells of Rose Hips but its not. Its something else entirely.

So we... analyzed its chemical composition...
"

Chabot nervously inhaled:

"We found a chemical element that doesn't exist in our periodic table.

It is literally not of this earth!
"

In the police station, Kathy closed her eyes and covered her face with both hands. She's at her limit:
"...........no. I'm.. not okay at all..."

Harlequin subtly switched on her radio to a far reaching microphone. Everything Kathy said, clearly echoed in everyone's earpiece.

"....I'm not Kathy Faniel" the girl quietly said, lowering her hands and staring emptily into space:

"I only... took her... form... to blend it...

You're right. I appeared at the pillar four days ago, with a few others. We ran for the closest settlement we could see. We were running away.
From him."

She looked away, with a trace of tears in her eyes.

"He followed us. Hunted us down like animals. Killed us. Butchered us.
I was the only one to escape." she covered her eyes with her hands:

"I found a factory at the edge of the city and ran inside. There were people there, working, in the middle of the night. I... didn't want to scare anyone. So I took the likeness of one of them and ran into the city.

I wanted to blend in... I just..... I just wanted to live!!!" She screamed out, fighting hard to hold back her tears:

"...your serial killer.... he's not an assassin. He not a bounty hunter. No one is paying him.
He does it for free.

He's just a murderer!!!"

The girl looked down:
"He hates me... he hates my people... and he's not gonna stop, until we're all dead.

..... He traced my footsteps... he arrived at the factory. He knew I took the likeness of one of the workers, but he didn't know which one, so he hunted down all of them.

He killed everyone who worked on that night shift, hoping one of them would be me.

And now, I'm the only one left..."

She weakly looked at you: "....he has magic... he can home in on me... it doesn't matter where I go. He's not gonna stop. Even if you take me to the other end of the world.
He won't stop looking for me, until I'm dead"

The girls looks at you with tears in her eyes:

"I didn't mean for this to happen! I just wanted to live!!" tears began running down her pale cheeks.

Harlequin subtly stepped away, to the far corner of the room and turned away. She quietly raised her hand and clicked on her earpiece. Harlequins voice was but a faint whisper in your ear, it was clear she didn't want 'Kathy' to hear:

"...listen to me.

This person has been evading our questions from the start.
She may be lying. She may be twisting the facts to fit her own agenda.

... sometimes, witnesses lie, for their own personal reasons. We can't take what she says at face value
" Harlequin quietly whispered and sighed:

"...if we want to protect her, putting her on the chopper and flying her out of the city, would be the best option. I agree."

"Please!" 'Kathy' called, looking at everyone around her: "...you promised to protect me"

300Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 7 Sep - 17:30

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Everyone)

You earpiece switched on and a familiar voice rang in your ear:

"A-attention Union forces, can you hear me? This is forensics officer Chabot, of the Tesian PD. We met at the crime scene, in the apartment complex this morning." Chabot called in a shaking voice, he seems out of breath:

"After analyzing the crime scene, we found traces of a strange herb, in the tea cup that stood by the bed of the victim.
The herb smelled of Rose Hips. It was the source of the smell in the apartment.

Just to be thorough we analyzed its composition.

Its DNA doesn't match anything in our flora library. Its an unknown species of plants. It smells of Rose Hips but its not. Its something else entirely.

So we... analyzed its chemical composition...
"

Chabot nervously inhaled:

"We found a chemical element that doesn't exist in our periodic table.

It is literally not of this earth!
"

In the police station, Kathy closed her eyes and covered her face with both hands. She's at her limit:
"...........no. I'm.. not okay at all..."

Harlequin subtly switched on her radio to a far reaching microphone. Everything Kathy said, clearly echoed in everyone's earpiece.

"....I'm not Kathy Faniel" the girl quietly said, lowering her hands and staring emptily into space:

"I only... took her... form... to blend it...

You're right. I appeared at the pillar four days ago, with a few others. We ran for the closest settlement we could see. We were running away.
From him."

She looked away, with a trace of tears in her eyes.

"He followed us. Hunted us down like animals. Killed us. Butchered us.
I was the only one to escape." she covered her eyes with her hands:

"I found a factory at the edge of the city and ran inside. There were people there, working, in the middle of the night. I... didn't want to scare anyone. So I took the likeness of one of them and ran into the city.

I wanted to blend in... I just..... I just wanted to live!!!" She screamed out, fighting hard to hold back her tears:

"...your serial killer.... he's not an assassin. He not a bounty hunter. No one is paying him.
He does it for free.

He's just a murderer!!!"

The girl looked down:
"He hates me... he hates my people... and he's not gonna stop, until we're all dead.

..... He traced my footsteps... he arrived at the factory. He knew I took the likeness of one of the workers, but he didn't know which one, so he hunted down all of them.

He killed everyone who worked on that night shift, hoping one of them would be me.

And now, I'm the only one left..."

She weakly looked at you: "....he has magic... he can home in on me... it doesn't matter where I go. He's not gonna stop. Even if you take me to the other end of the world.
He won't stop looking for me, until I'm dead"

The girls looks at you with tears in her eyes:

"I didn't mean for this to happen! I just wanted to live!!" tears began running down her pale cheeks.

Harlequin subtly stepped away, to the far corner of the room and turned away. She quietly raised her hand and clicked on her earpiece. Harlequins voice was but a faint whisper in your ear, it was clear she didn't want 'Kathy' to hear:

"...listen to me.

This person has been evading our questions from the start.
She may be lying. She may be twisting the facts to fit her own agenda.

... sometimes, witnesses lie, for their own personal reasons. We can't take what she says at face value
" Harlequin quietly whispered and sighed:

"...if we want to protect her, putting her on the chopper and flying her out of the city, would be the best option. I agree."

"Please!" 'Kathy' called, looking at everyone around her: "...you promised to protect me"

"We'll have time to discuss the implications of this all later, but right now our guy's making a beeline for this police station, so we need that chopper back here stat. Troops might not be able to stop him, but physical barriers should reasonably slow him down long enough to get her away, so we need a van parked over every manhole, and as many cars and vans as we can jam into the roads to make them impassable."

He then turns to 'Kathy' "Oh, and you wouldn't happen to know the name of this scrub, would you? Calling him 'our man' is getting kind of old."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum