The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim

+2
Silent Mist/Moon Dusts
Disgruntled purple
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 26]

401Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sun 16 Sep - 21:44

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"I.. I'm not sure..." Amy quietly said: "That's all Axis managed to tell me, before I passed out"

Harlequin grimly nodded: "Our designated staging area, is the Equestrian Battleship E-901, stationed just off the coast of Tesia, together with the Equestrian 3rd Fleet.

I have a Nyx VTOL plane, on standby in the Beusoleil airport. It can pick us up from the police station and deliver us to the Equestrian fleet in time.
VTOL, that means vertical takeoff and landing. Its like a plane that can shift its wings vertically, transforming into a defacto helicopter. The Equestrian Battleship should have a sufficient landing platform for it"

She grimly looked down: "To be honest, I'm becoming concerned about the possibility of Axis carrying a virus. If the virus incubation period has finished, she can potentially infect anyone she comes in contact with.

I will inform the Tesian Hazmat teams. They'll work with the police to find her.
None the less, I believe we still need to head for the Equestrian 3rd Fleet.
We can help the most there.

And hopefully, they'll brief us more on the situation"

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

402Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Sun 16 Sep - 22:05

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain pulls her dagger free and stands up, she gives a slight bow to the witcher and sheaths her dagger, "Very well... let us go." She sighs, "Hopefully next time we meet we can understand eachother." She steps to the door, "Lets move"

403Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Mon 17 Sep - 1:13

Dan One

Dan One

Sand bows her head and closes her eyes. She takes a deep breath then opens them again raising her head back up. Her expression show's an entirely different person.

"The blades on my back aren't just for show. I know how to use them. I hate it, but if the world is to be stained with blood then I will have my hands red like the rest" her eyes narrow "I do not wish the name Sand to be connected to this. So until everything is over I'd ask that you all please call me by my last name, Dunemere"

With a nod to the Witcher, Dunemere turns for the door as well.

404Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Mon 17 Sep - 18:57

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:"I.. I'm not sure..." Amy quietly said: "That's all Axis managed to tell me, before I passed out"

Harlequin grimly nodded: "Our designated staging area, is the Equestrian Battleship E-901, stationed just off the coast of Tesia, together with the Equestrian 3rd Fleet.

I have a Nyx VTOL plane, on standby in the Beusoleil airport. It can pick us up from the police station and deliver us to the Equestrian fleet in time.
VTOL, that means vertical takeoff and landing. Its like a plane that can shift its wings vertically, transforming into a defacto helicopter. The Equestrian Battleship should have a sufficient landing platform for it"

She grimly looked down: "To be honest, I'm becoming concerned about the possibility of Axis carrying a virus. If the virus incubation period has finished, she can potentially infect anyone she comes in contact with.

I will inform the Tesian Hazmat teams. They'll work with the police to find her.
None the less, I believe we still need to head for the Equestrian 3rd Fleet.
We can help the most there.

And hopefully, they'll brief us more on the situation"

"Please tell me it has a name as well as a number, nothing worse than a ship without a name, feels like it's missing something?" Rogue asks.

405Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Mon 17 Sep - 19:27

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"If I'm remembering correctly, I believe its the Unyielding E-901" Harlequin nodded.

The Witcher slightly bowed his head in return. As you left the interrogation room, his eyes fell back to the drawings on the table.
The doodle he drew, and the pictures of a monster attacking a village.

As you waited for the VTOL's arrival, the fatigue of recent events began to catch up with you. Every muscle in your body ached. With the adrenaline slowly subsiding, you began to feel every bruise and cut you've sustained since morning, their pain no longer dulled.

In addition, you began to develop a headache. In the brief moments, where you tried closing your eyes to catch a moment of respite, the visions of the door began to enter your thoughts again, even if for only a moment.

For some inexplicable reason, seeing the door now made you feel safer. You couldn't quite understand what made you feel that way. The feeling was just present.

When the VTOL finally arrived, its dark painted surface with a purple batpony head insignia on its tail, gave you a level of comfort.
The flight lasted for almost six hours. First picking up Amy from the adjacent city, then making the way to the Tesian shoreline, you've had a lot of time to rest. The gray and seemingly saddened skyscrapers of Beusoleil were slowly fading behind, in the rear view window, until they finally faded in the horizon, obscured by the rain clouds.

You saw the Tesian countryside, the endless farm fields that stretched into the horizon, the occasional villages, that were slowly replaced by a glowing sandy beach and finally the Verrian Ocean.

Its been a few more hours, sitting in a cramped passenger compartment with a few dozen other batpony troopers, when the 3rd Equestrian Fleet finally appeared on the blue horizon.
Amy, who was silently typing away on her keyboard the whole trip, was suddenly elbowed in the ribs by Tom, who nodded in the direction of the VTOL's window.

"Look" he quietly called: "The elite warships of the Equestrian navy.

Four battleships, eight heavy cruisers and four destroyers.. I've never seen so many warships together..."

"...They seem to be speeding towards the coast of Equestria" Harlequin quietly said: "..something has them spooked to scramble the fleet like that"

"We're about to begin our final approach" the pilots voice rang in the intercom: "Please fasten your seat belts"

The VTOL was flying in 'plane mode' for most of the trip. Now, as it began a long circle over the fleet, you could see through the windows how the massive engines started to turn upward and the VTOL entered the 'chopper mode', beginning to slowly hover in place, then making a controlled and precise descent onto the rear deck of one of the battleships down below.

The sun was beginning to set over the horizon, its last rays coating the ocean with a rim of gold.
With a small jerk, the VTOL extended its landing gear and landed on a designated platform, just at the rear of the ship.

Its passenger doors opened and extended outward, turning into makeshift ladders. The Equestrian sailors already began moving towards it, securing it to the ships deck with metal cables, before the engines had fully stopped.

Stepping onto the deck of the ship, you felt the waves of the ocean. The battleship was slowly rocking on them, from left to right, as it cut its way through the waters.

"Oh dear.." Amy quietly said, slowly growing pale: "...its not gonna keep rocking like this the whole trip.. right?.." She seems uneasy on her feet. A few seconds of this was already making her dizzy.

"Come, we need to find the command center" Harlequin said, jumping down on the deck.

As you slowly exit the VTOL, you noticed the dozens of Equestrian soldiers feverishly working around the deck, fastening equipment and running maintenance on the ship canons.
For some reason, some of them where throwing you very nasty looks.

406Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Mon 17 Sep - 20:08

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

On the ship, Twilight looks around, noticing the dirty looks given to the group. She let out a sigh, feeling it's because of her. She knew she was a highly controversial figure, she knew she has never been too positive about the "heroes of Adeheid". So people being on edge is nothing special, especially not foreigners acting like they own the place.

She went up and placed a hand on Harlequin's shoulder. "Say, shall I take the lead? I mean, these are my countrymen."

407Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Mon 17 Sep - 20:27

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"Yeah, I think that's a good idea.." Harlequin nodded. She seems quieter than usual, subtly watching the sailors.

"Pshh.. what's their problem" Amy quietly muttered.

"Their uniforms.. look" Harlequin whispered, falling in behind Twilight.

Amy tried to subtly study the fatigues of the nearest sailor. The man quietly muttered an insult to her in Equestrian, while pretending to work. Amy didn't understand what he said, thinking he was speaking to one of his crewmen:
"...they seem to be wearing standard Equestrian fatigues.." she said after a moment.

"Every Union soldier is obligated to wear two distinct badges on their uniform" Harlequin whispered:
"One, representing the Union. The other, representing their homeland.
...and these guys are not wearing the Union badge... none of them are. It is a negligible conduct violation, but it speaks volumes. They are making a statement.

We need to be very careful with what we say and do on this ship..."

408Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Mon 17 Sep - 21:07

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

She puts her arns behind her back and walks across the equestrian deck, "Harle dear.... are you sure we are on good enough terms with equestria to be on their ships? I dont remember that conversation ever taking place and seeing the distained looks we are getting, im thinking that it never did."

409Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Tue 18 Sep - 13:20

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:"Yeah, I think that's a good idea.." Harlequin nodded. She seems quieter than usual, subtly watching the sailors.

"Pshh.. what's their problem" Amy quietly muttered.

"Their uniforms.. look" Harlequin whispered, falling in behind Twilight.

Amy tried to subtly study the fatigues of the nearest sailor. The man quietly muttered an insult to her in Equestrian, while pretending to work. Amy didn't understand what he said, thinking he was speaking to one of his crewmen:
"...they seem to be wearing standard Equestrian fatigues.." she said after a moment.

"Every Union soldier is obligated to wear two distinct badges on their uniform" Harlequin whispered:
"One, representing the Union. The other, representing their homeland.
...and these guys are not wearing the Union badge... none of them are. It is a negligible conduct violation, but it speaks volumes. They are making a statement.

We need to be very careful with what we say and do on this ship..."

"So they're saying that they feel more Equestrian than Unionist, well the Union spirit certainly seeems to be burning strong here when the chips are down, guess it's understandable that they think that way, from one point of view it does look like their country has been let down by the Union, just like every other one and now they are next" Rogue summises, and then turns to Twilight, "Hey, you might just get that Equestrexit that you wanted..."

410Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Tue 18 Sep - 15:15

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Harlequin sighed:
"...I don't believe they like the Union very much, and a foreign force just landed on their warship. To them, we are the Union. And they've been forced to assist us and tolerate our presence here"

She looked at Rain: "Councilor Mercer assured me... we'd have Equestrias full cooperation. We're working towards the same goals after all.

Yet... this vessel...
We need to be very careful, during our stay on this ship.."

Following Twilight, you've made your way through the top deck, dodging sailors who busily ran in different directions, preoccupied with seemingly endless tasks. Watching them for only a moment, it was clear they're preparing the ship for a combat operation.

Entering one of the towering structures on the deck, you began making your way up, until several minutes later, you entered through a heavy door and appeared inside a large command center.

The ceiling was very tall, almost 10 meters in height. The entire length of the room was filled with several rows of computer consoles, all of them occupied by sailors, squinting at the bright screens and feverishly typing on keyboards.

The room was poorly lit, only the dim blue colors of the monitors illuminated the surroundings.

At the center of the room, was a large open space, occupied by a three dimensional hologram, depicting the Earth. Its resolution was pretty sharp for a hologram, marking areas of interest and magnifying some of them.

Around it, you could see holographic projections of twenty one people, hovering in a half circle around the Earth, with only their heads and shoulders visible. Several moments passed before you realized the people were actually real, talking and interacting with someone in the room in real time.

"Wow.." Amy quietly said: "...that's the latest design in holographic projection. Cutting edge tech, very expensive."

"That's an Equestrian battleship for you" Harlequin quietly said.

As you neared the holograms, Harlequin began to slow down, her eyes slightly widening:
"..Umm.. guys... I don't want to alarm you, but we're about to walk into a fully staffed Council meeting. Each of these projections is a Councilor, on live feed.

The leaders of our world... are right here, in front of us..."

As you step closer, you notice an Equestrian admiral in shining and ironed uniform, slowly pacing around the earth hologram and talking to the other councilors. Half his chest was covered in medals. An Equestrian badge was present on the collar of his shirt, the Union badge was absent.

He slowly marched in a circle, with a level of pride and unquestioned authority, until he noticed you and finally stopped:

"...Councilor li-Asteria.." he sneered, looking at Harlequin: "I see you finally decided to grace us with your presence"

"I apologize for delay" Harlequin quietly said, her expression turning into a neutral mask. She subtly looked left and right, then returned her gaze at the admiral:
"...where is Councilor Mercer?"

The admiral released a self satisfied smirk: "...Councilor Mercer is... indisposed... at the moment.
I am High Admiral Charles Bradford. As the most high ranking officer in the Equestrian military, I will be taking her place at this war council"

Harlequin frowned. She was clearly not expecting this.

"Jolly" a hologram of a woman in a formal suit, dryly called from the circle. The title under her hologram read 'Councilor of Altheia':
"If there's nothing else, we should begin the war council"

411Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Tue 18 Sep - 16:45

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"That doesn"t sound incriminating at all." Fire puts it bluntly over her speaker to the admiral, "War counsole, right, lets talk about whatever this is." She audibly adjusts some papers over her micrphone her eyes scanning over something.

Rain crosses her arms in dead silence looking over the admiral before turning her attention to the rest of the leaders waiting to learn what this is all about.

412Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Tue 18 Sep - 18:11

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"An unfortunate turn of events, to have Councilor Mercer indisposed at such a time." Twilight said in a rather humble tone. "But I'm certain you can fill in the spot left behind, High Admiral Bradford."

She took her seat, looking a bit more comfortable. She looked around, seeing if she reconized some of them.

Her mind took note of Charles though. She seemed to be pondering something, maybe plotting something. She certainly didn't seem that upset about the change.

"Pardon for our delay, let's begin the meeting."

413Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Tue 18 Sep - 18:25

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:Harlequin sighed:
"...I don't believe they like the Union very much, and a foreign force just landed on their warship. To them, we are the Union. And they've been forced to assist us and tolerate our presence here"

She looked at Rain: "Councilor Mercer assured me... we'd have Equestrias full cooperation. We're working towards the same goals after all.

Yet... this vessel...
We need to be very careful, during our stay on this ship.."

Following Twilight, you've made your way through the top deck, dodging sailors who busily ran in different directions, preoccupied with seemingly endless tasks. Watching them for only a moment, it was clear they're preparing the ship for a combat operation.

Entering one of the towering structures on the deck, you began making your way up, until several minutes later, you entered through a heavy door and appeared inside a large command center.

The ceiling was very tall, almost 10 meters in height. The entire length of the room was filled with several rows of computer consoles, all of them occupied by sailors, squinting at the bright screens and feverishly typing on keyboards.

The room was poorly lit, only the dim blue colors of the monitors illuminated the surroundings.

At the center of the room, was a large open space, occupied by a three dimensional hologram, depicting the Earth. Its resolution was pretty sharp for a hologram, marking areas of interest and magnifying some of them.

Around it, you could see holographic projections of twenty one people, hovering in a half circle around the Earth, with only their heads and shoulders visible. Several moments passed before you realized the people were actually real, talking and interacting with someone in the room in real time.

"Wow.." Amy quietly said: "...that's the latest design in holographic projection. Cutting edge tech, very expensive."

"That's an Equestrian battleship for you" Harlequin quietly said.

As you neared the holograms, Harlequin began to slow down, her eyes slightly widening:
"..Umm.. guys... I don't want to alarm you, but we're about to walk into a fully staffed Council meeting. Each of these projections is a Councilor, on live feed.

The leaders of our world... are right here, in front of us..."

As you step closer, you notice an Equestrian admiral in shining and ironed uniform, slowly pacing around the earth hologram and talking to the other councilors. Half his chest was covered in medals. An Equestrian badge was present on the collar of his shirt, the Union badge was absent.

He slowly marched in a circle, with a level of pride and unquestioned authority, until he noticed you and finally stopped:

"...Councilor li-Asteria.." he sneered, looking at Harlequin: "I see you finally decided to grace us with your presence"

"I apologize for delay" Harlequin quietly said, her expression turning into a neutral mask. She subtly looked left and right, then returned her gaze at the admiral:
"...where is Councilor Mercer?"

The admiral released a self satisfied smirk: "...Councilor Mercer is... indisposed... at the moment.
I am High Admiral Charles Bradford. As the most high ranking officer in the Equestrian military, I will be taking her place at this war council"

Harlequin frowned. She was clearly not expecting this.

"Jolly" a hologram of a woman in a formal suit, dryly called from the circle. The title under her hologram read 'Councilor of Altheia':
"If there's nothing else, we should begin the war council"

"A war council, so we ARE going to war against something then, sorry it's just that there has been very little information sent our way about specifics" Rogue comments aloofly "I mean usually there are little indicators, like an actual hostile force or something."

414Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Tue 18 Sep - 19:52

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

As Twilight scanned the Councilors present, she spots Firewing among the holograms. The title under her live feed read - 'Councilor of Paldenia'.

Admiral Bradford scoffed in Firewing's direction:
"Bah! I cannot be held responsible for Mercer's poor decision making. She departed on a classified mission over a month ago and hasn't been heard of since. Didn't bother informing the lot of us, what the hell she's up to."

"Enough" The Altheian Councilor cut him off, then looked at Rogue: "You are correct.
The purpose of this war council is to fill everyone in on the recent events and pool our data.
You are also correct about the signs of an approaching war and a spotted hostile force.
" she looked at everyone present:
"Lets begin the war council"

She briefly sorted the files on her desk.

Admiral Bradford briefly glanced at Twilight. Her words seemed to have put him in a good mood.

Off to the side, Harlequin was slowly becoming as gloomy as a rain cloud.

"I understand you just returned from Beusoleil" The Altheian Councilor said, looking at Rain, Twilight, Sand, Rogue and Harlequin:
"Your agent... uhh... Amy Moore, forwarded all of your findings to us...

I must say, you and your team managed to uncover a great deal of information, in a very short time span. Very impressive work.
What you discovered in Beusoleil may indeed be a turning point in this war.

I will start at the beginning.

//Soundtrack

Exactly 34 days ago, the country of Green Planes suffered a loss of magic and countless mental breakdowns.
This phenomenon slowly spread across the globe, covering one region after another.

Following the data you sent us, we've scanned the surface of Earth and found multiple pillars, identical to the one you saw in Beusoleil.

Take a look at this map
" she typed something on her keyboard and the hologram of earth changed into a 2D map.

Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Earth_12

"This is the map of Earth, as it appears today" she continued, then typed a few keys:

"And these, are the pillars"

Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Earth_13

"This data was collected using satellite images.
The first pillar appeared in the Green Planes, exactly 34 days ago. As soon as it appeared, the region suffered gradual magic loss and mental breakdowns.

And every 4 days, a new pillar appears in another region, producing the same effect.

The next map, represents the order in which the pillars appeared
"

Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Earth_14

"As you can see, there is a very distinct pattern in their appearance, especially when viewed from above" the Altheian Councilor continued:

"And if this pattern holds, we can safely deduce that the next pillar, will appear somewhere in this region"

Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Earth_15

"...Equestria.." Harlequin grimly said: "...our children"

"Indeed" The Altheian Councilor heavily said: "We believe this will be the last and Final pillar to appear on Earth, as Equestria is the only region still unaffected"
She heavily sighed:
"...these events are clearly not random. There is a geometrical pattern to them.
The effects of the pillars are wrecking havoc across the globe. That and the following data, which I'm about to present to you, led this Council to believe...

This is a prelude to the Invasion of Earth
"

"What?...." Harlequin quietly exhaled. Color rapidly drained out of her face, as she stared in shock at the map.

The Altheian Councilor continued:

"Satellite footage showed, as each pillar appeared, a contingent of soldiers appeared with it.
They stood in formation, forming a defensive perimeter around the pillar for several minutes, before disappearing. Their distinguishing features were weapons burning with Green Fire.

They all carried one and they all stood guard around each pillar for several minutes, before disappearing
"

"So... they appeared with the pillars, and guarded them for several minutes... then vanished?" Harlequin asked: "Why didn't they continue guarding them?"

"As you've seen yourself, the pillars are indestructible" The Altheian Councilor continued:
"They seem to be transparent, having no presence or physical mass in our world, yet we can see them and feel their effects, like an after image of an object.

This presents a problem. If the pillars are truly indestructible, we have no way of gaining our magic back, or stopping the mental breakdowns.

However.

If the pillars were truly indestructible, there would be no need to send a military contingent to guard them, at the moment of their appearance
"

The Altheian Councilor scowled:

"We believe the pillars are vulnerable... at the moment of their materialization.
That's why they need the guards around it.
They usually stand guard for no longer than 5 minutes on average, so this means the pillar is vulnerable only in that time frame.

Therefore... our current objective...

Is to reach the predicted location of the next pillar, and obliterate it, before it fully materializes.
That is our only chance of saving Equestria. Our last safe haven on Earth.
"

The Altheian Councilor let the words sink in for several moments.

Harlequin broke the silence after a minute:
"...you said... these events are a prelude, to the invasion of Earth?"

"What else would you call it?" The Altheian Councilor sighed:
"An unidentified military force appears on our planet, leaving behind pillars that crippled our mages and sent the globe into chaos.
Hysteria, violence, mental breakdowns, global chaos. Our military's are in a poor condition to mount a defense.

And after our armies have been softened... an invasion force will roll in, and mop up whatever is left.

...Can you imagine?...

These soldiers, these... Witchers... pouring out of the pillars in countless numbers.
A single one gave pause to 40 soldiers at once. Able to wield magic, strong regenerative abilities.
What will happen if a hundred of them pour out? A thousand? A million?

With our forces already at half strength... it won't be a war... it will be a slaughter
" She nervously sighed:

"But...... if we can hold Equestria...

If we can destroy its pillar, before it fully materializes... we can turn Equestrian into our stronghold. A stepping stone in turning the tide of the war.

Whatever happens tomorrow, we cannot loose Equestria.

We Cannot Let The Last Pillar Materialize
" The Councilor grimly said.

415Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Tue 18 Sep - 20:21

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:As Twilight scanned the Councilors present, she spots Firewing among the holograms. The title under her live feed read - 'Councilor of Paldenia'.

Admiral Bradford scoffed in Firewing's direction:
"Bah! I cannot be held responsible for Mercer's poor decision making. She departed on a classified mission over a month ago and hasn't been heard of since. Didn't bother informing the lot of us, what the hell she's up to."

"Enough" The Altheian Councilor cut him off, then looked at Rogue: "You are correct.
The purpose of this war council is to fill everyone in on the recent events and pool our data.
You are also correct about the signs of an approaching war and a spotted hostile force.
" she looked at everyone present:
"Lets begin the war council"

She briefly sorted the files on her desk.

Admiral Bradford briefly glanced at Twilight. Her words seemed to have put him in a good mood.

Off to the side, Harlequin was slowly becoming as gloomy as a rain cloud.

"I understand you just returned from Beusoleil" The Altheian Councilor said, looking at Rain, Twilight, Sand, Rogue and Harlequin:
"Your agent... uhh... Amy Moore, forwarded all of your findings to us...

I must say, you and your team managed to uncover a great deal of information, in a very short time span. Very impressive work.
What you discovered in Beusoleil may indeed be a turning point in this war.

I will start at the beginning.

//Soundtrack

Exactly 34 days ago, the country of Green Planes suffered a loss of magic and countless mental breakdowns.
This phenomenon slowly spread across the globe, covering one region after another.

Following the data you sent us, we've scanned the surface of Earth and found multiple pillars, identical to the one you saw in Beusoleil.

Take a look at this map
" she typed something on her keyboard and the hologram of earth changed into a 2D map.

Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Earth_12

"This is the map of Earth, as it appears today" she continued, then typed a few keys:

"And these, are the pillars"

Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Earth_13

"This data was collected using satellite images.
The first pillar appeared in the Green Planes, exactly 34 days ago. As soon as it appeared, the region suffered gradual magic loss and mental breakdowns.

And every 4 days, a new pillar appears in another region, producing the same effect.

The next map, represents the order in which the pillars appeared
"

Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Earth_14

"As you can see, there is a very distinct pattern in their appearance, especially when viewed from above" the Altheian Councilor continued:

"And if this pattern holds, we can safely deduce that the next pillar, will appear somewhere in this region"

Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Earth_15

"...Equestria.." Harlequin grimly said: "...our children"

"Indeed" The Altheian Councilor heavily said: "We believe this will be the last and Final pillar to appear on Earth, as Equestria is the only region still unaffected"
She heavily sighed:
"...these events are clearly not random. There is a geometrical pattern to them.
The effects of the pillars are wrecking havoc across the globe. That and the following data, which I'm about to present to you, led this Council to believe...

This is a prelude to the Invasion of Earth
"

"What?...." Harlequin quietly exhaled. Color rapidly drained out of her face, as she stared in shock at the map.

The Altheian Councilor continued:

"Satellite footage showed, as each pillar appeared, a contingent of soldiers appeared with it.
They stood in formation, forming a defensive perimeter around the pillar for several minutes, before disappearing. Their distinguishing features were weapons burning with Green Fire.

They all carried one and they all stood guard around each pillar for several minutes, before disappearing
"

"So... they appeared with the pillars, and guarded them for several minutes... then vanished?" Harlequin asked: "Why didn't they continue guarding them?"

"As you've seen yourself, the pillars are indestructible" The Altheian Councilor continued:
"They seem to be transparent, having no presence or physical mass in our world, yet we can see them and feel their effects, like an after image of an object.

This presents a problem. If the pillars are truly indestructible, we have no way of gaining our magic back, or stopping the mental breakdowns.

However.

If the pillars were truly indestructible, there would be no need to send a military contingent to guard them, at the moment of their appearance
"

The Altheian Councilor scowled:

"We believe the pillars are vulnerable... at the moment of their materialization.
That's why they need the guards around it.
They usually stand guard for no longer than 5 minutes on average, so this means the pillar is vulnerable only in that time frame.

Therefore... our current objective...

Is to reach the predicted location of the next pillar, and obliterate it, before it fully materializes.
That is our only chance of saving Equestria. Our last save haven on Earth.
"

The Altheian Councilor let the words sink in for several moments.

Harlequin broke the silence after a minute:
"...you said... these events are a prelude, to the invasion of Earth?"

"What else would you call it?" The Altheian Councilor sighed:
"An unidentified military force appears on on planet, leaving behind pillars that crippled our mages and sent the globe into chaos.
Hysteria, violence, mental breakdowns, global chaos. Our military's are in a poor condition to mount a defense.

And after our armies have been softened... an invasion force will roll in, and mop up whatever is left.

...Can you imagine?...

These soldiers, these... Witchers... pouring out of the pillars in countless numbers.
A single one gave pause to 40 soldiers at once. Able to wield magic, strong regenerative abilities.
What will happen if a hundred of them pour out? A thousand? A million?

With our forces already at half strength... it won't be a war... it will be a slaughter
" She nervously sighed:

"But...... if we can hold Equestria...

If we can destroy its pillar, before it fully materializes... we can turn Equestrian into our stronghold. A stepping stone in turning the tide of the war.

Whatever happens tomorrow, we cannot loose Equestria.

We Cannot Let The Last Pillar Materialize
" The Councilor grimly said.

"If I might speak. Were there no pillars in Verria or Mikasa? They seem sufficiently remote from the others as to be be unaffected?" Rogue asks,

"And I would also question the assumption that they intend to invade us, based on the evidence we have. All we concretely know is that the Witchers are arriving on Earth with the pillars, guarding them for five minutes, and then exiting stage left.

Now they could be planning an invasion, but they could also hypothetically just be using the pillars as taps to steal all of our magic for some colossal spell they're doing back home, in which case they might not care what happens to us?

To be honest, if the pillars were gates for an invasion, I feel they would be less visible; giant pillars of light permanently enshrouded by stormclouds, and causing insanity in the surrounding populace, don't seem very subtle to me? Surely the element of surprise is lost somewhat?"

416Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Tue 18 Sep - 21:34

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"Rogue, before you sprout your ideas here, take a moment to think." Twilight said, clearly not in the mood for this.

"No matter what scenario you paint, the facts still remain that these people invade our planet and steal our resources without warning for their own good. Twist it any way you want, they still weaken our society out of nowhere with this act. It's like destroying the tilerium mines in Nyx, or someone's harvest. The chain of that results in a horribly weakened nation, for what?"

"Also, if another force would come in full force out of nowhere while we are at full power, we just gather the full force of our military and fight them off. If we win, they lose an army and we lose a lot of forces. Even if we lose, they're not winning without a large loss. There is a limit of what each witcher can do. And I doubt each of their soldier holds equal power to the one here."

"Besides, I want to ask..." Her gaze narrows. "If these people wanted to make contact for mutual benefition between our worlds, do you really think this counts as a proper welcome card? I don't think so. This is 100% hostile. Now, if you rather go to have a diplomatic meeting with them, be my guest. In the eantime, we'll save our world from a direct threat."

417Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Tue 18 Sep - 21:54

Dan One

Dan One

"They would have made an attempt to contact us by now if they had meant to" Dunemere adds in, looking to Rogue "Diplomats do not cut off the food source of a fortress, which is what they've done with magic and our planet."

418Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Tue 18 Sep - 21:56

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"I can send a substantial military force your way if you so desire admiral." Fire says looking down at her phone, "I just need your word and i'll send them off on a ship."

Rain looks to Harle then back to the map, "Where are the heros who fought those demons a while back."

Fire puts her hand up, "Have you forgotten that i was there."

Rain looks down, "No... but your only one of like... 6... mabye 5."

419Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 19 Sep - 19:41

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"Its true that Verria and Mikasa are relatively remote regions-" The Altheian Councilor nodded to Rogue:
"-unfortunately the 1st and 2nd pillars appear to have a much larger radius of influence, than their other counterparts.
We currently do not know why this is happening. We only know that Verria and Mikasa are affected by the 1st and 2nd pillars
"

"I for one, support the diplomatic solution..." The Mikasa Councilor called. He was a changeling, somewhere in his late sixties. His long graying hair was tied back in a knot. His spotless dark suit and white shirt were visible through the hologram:

"A war... is a horrible thing. It brings misery and ruin to all parties involved. Young men and women will be sent into battle and die, leaving behind parents and orphans and widows.
Once the war machine starts rolling, it's not easy to stop. And it will destroy everything in its path.

Whoever survives... will claim a Pyrrhic victory.

If we have a chance to prevent this from happening, then we should make every effort to do so
" The Mikasa Councilor grimly said.

"Our options for a diplomatic solution are limited" The Altheian Councilor frowned: "We do not speak the same language, and the Witchers will only appear for 5 minutes. It is an extremely small window to establish any form of contact or agreement"

The Verrian Councilor nodded, he was a man in mid forties, clad in military uniform. He spoke in a deep, raspy voice:
"I agree. At this moment, we should focus on destroying the last pillar, at the moment of its appearance.
I have a fleet on standby. If they are dispatched now, they will reach Equestria in time
"

"My fleet as well" The Altheian Councilor nodded:
"To summarize, Paldenia, Verria and Altheia will send their fleets to link up with the Equestrian fleet and will engage the last pillar together"

"No. They will not" Admiral Bradford's voice cut through the command center. He spoke so suddenly and with such unquestionable authority, the room briefly fell into silence.

"...I.. beg your pardon?" The Altheian Councilor called, slowly taking off her glasses.

"The Equestrian navy is perfectly capable of protecting its own soil" Admiral Bradford muttered with a scowl:
"...The Union support will not be required" his words firmly cut the air.

420Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 19 Sep - 21:05

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain quickly interupts, "Admiral i cannot begin to tell you how completely, fucking stupid that idea is. If you think thats a good idea, these guys are going to take equestria over their knee and fuck you. Without help your troops are as good as dead admiral." She makes herself VERY clear, "My men barely stood a chance against one. If you go through with this you will not win... "

Fire butts in, "May I remind you this is a war counsol... against an enemy we dont even know admiral. You have no idea what they are bringing to the table, hell none of us do. As admiral, your setting yourself up for failure and you should know that more then anybody. You have your rank for a reason and we expect you to be capable of using it." She adjusts some papers, "I will be sending my bahemoth and a convoy of men behind it whether you like it or not and i will let you decide to use them or not."

421Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 19 Sep - 21:30

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"Perhaps we should make suggestions instead of forcing opinions down the others' throat, everyone." Twilight says with a hint of exhaustion.

She scrapes her throat. "As I have faced the witcher which Rain is referring to in battle, I will clarify that they're highly skilled in melee combat. Meeting them with regular soldiers would not suffice. Although, I also noticed that before the regeneration kicks in, they're as suspectible to physical harm as the rest of us. One stray sword and an arrow have spelled the death of our captive witcher twice."

She strokes her chin like she has a beard. "As such, I suggest we use our ships to cover the area. Once we see it come in, we use artillery and long distance weapons to kill the guardians. The surprise should shave off some regenerations. We continue with that until they've been sufficiently distracted. At the same time, we communicate where they are. Land and air forces move in to eliminate the casters or to aid with the destruction of the tower."

She looks at Charles. "Of course, since the battleground is our nation, we'll take the lead in this conflict. Just as you said, we are able to deal with this ourselves. However..." She looks at him a little sharper. "A little help could ensure that we suffer less losses in this skirmish. It's up to you, Admiral Bradford, but that is my suggestion in the matter."

422Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 19 Sep - 23:45

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Fire speaks up her tone somewhat professional, "Twilight i hate to be the one to disagree with you but when
There is a goddamn pillar in my city im probably going to be forcing my opinion." Her voice turns to the admiral, "You need to think about whats going to happen here. The world is at stake and you want to try and prove equestrias strength. Look at that map again admiral if that finishes we are fucked, I dont care what you think your armys strength is, I dont care if you have the most powerful millitary in the world. Im not standing by admiral..." she pauses a moment to keep her nerves in check, "Im helping whether you think you can handle it or not. As much as i love you guys, im very happy to ve allyed with you but i cannot allow such a rash and unthoughtout disision to decide the fate of litterally everyone on earth."

423Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 20 Sep - 10:19

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

(Yo yo yo! Firewing henti here! Im just here to inform you that our dearest kaylee is going on a cruise ship vactation! They'll be back around this sunday!

Let us light the beacon for our lord and saviour so they may find their way home. ALL HAIL KAILEE BROWN! OUR GLORIOUS DM.)

424Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 20 Sep - 12:07

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Blue, blonde and purple wrote:"Rogue, before you sprout your ideas here, take a moment to think." Twilight said, clearly not in the mood for this.

"No matter what scenario you paint, the facts still remain that these people invade our planet and steal our resources without warning for their own good. Twist it any way you want, they still weaken our society out of nowhere with this act. It's like destroying the tilerium mines in Nyx, or someone's harvest. The chain of that results in a horribly weakened nation, for what?"

"Also, if another force would come in full force out of nowhere while we are at full power, we just gather the full force of our military and fight them off. If we win, they lose an army and we lose a lot of forces. Even if we lose, they're not winning without a large loss. There is a limit of what each witcher can do. And I doubt each of their soldier holds equal power to the one here."

"Besides, I want to ask..." Her gaze narrows. "If these people wanted to make contact for mutual benefition between our worlds, do you really think this counts as a proper welcome card? I don't think so. This is 100% hostile. Now, if you rather go to have a diplomatic meeting with them, be my guest. In the eantime, we'll save our world from a direct threat."

"Princess, you have misunderstood what I am suggesting. I agree 100% that this is a hostile act, and nowhere did I say anything about diplomacy, but what I am saying is that they might be uninterested in dealing with us at all, and believe that our resources, our magic, is rightfully theirs for the taking, and whoever here happens to be inconvenienced by it is unimportant to them" Rogue replies.

"Just look at the map, if they wanted to completely weaken our civilisation and make it vulnerable for invasion, they would have sent the pillars all at once to knock us off our feet, but one at a time and we have been able to adapt and understand what is going on, making us as you say a harder pill for them to swallow. And the pattern the pillars all make, does not correspond to our geography or population centres, and now we learn that two of them have to be more powerful than the rest in order to get full coverage. If their position did not matter, they would have just used more pillars, but this indicates that the pillars have to be in those spots to work, again pointing to some sort of ritual on their side."

425Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 20 Sep - 17:38

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

// Kaylee is casting off into her natural habitat XD
Be back soon guys, have a good weekend!

Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 17 Img_2010

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum