The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Digital Waltz

+3
Rogue Fire
Dallas courtright
Silent Mist/Moon Dusts
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 40]

276Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Mon 26 Jun - 19:33

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

"Its alright" Amy sighed: "Water under the bridge"

The police officers entered the van and waved you to follow: "We have limited options. For now, we need to open negotiations with the hostage taker. We'll gather information and proceed from there"

Noel, Mira and Amy climbed into the back of the van. The cops waited for you to board and the vehicle roared back to life, beginning its drive through the busy streets of Adelheid.

Gray clouds began to loom over the city again and soon, the staccato of rain began to echo over the vehicles windows.
Through the gray veil of rain, you spot the silhouettes of bars, restaurants and musical theaters. Countless places of entertainment were built along the street, perhaps to catch the eye of tourists or for the local populace. Through the rain, you could see the silhouettes of ponies, seeking cover and rushing into the restaurants nearby.

The driver forgot to turn off the radio and it continued to play, as you drove:

"...-the reconstruction and relief efforts are still going in Artemis, after a major city was destroyed on their soil, five months ago, during the start of the Slavegear Incident.
Among the missing, is one of the heroes of Adelheid, only known by the alias 'Wyvern Lord'.
At this time, Wyvern is presumed to have died, though no body was found..-"

The van slowly pulled to a stop, in the square of the Council Building and the cops began climbing outside.

One of them frowned almost immediately: "...where's the backup? A Councilor gets taken hostage and they hardly sent any additional forces here!"

He seemed to be right. As you look around the square, you see about the same amount of police forces, dispersed throughout the area.
There may have been an additional squad car or two, that arrived recently, but apart from them, the police activity around the Council Building, looked about the same, when you left.

"Bloody hell, call command again!" one of the cops told to the other: "This is unacceptable. They should have sent more men"

"On it" his partner said and walked a few feet away, pulling out his radio.

As you survey the scene, you notice a massive armored police truck, standing just by the entrance to the Council Building. This one was definitely new. The giant 'ZERBER' logo, was printed on its side.

About five police officers in tactical assault gear, were hanging around it, quietly talking and looking over some sort of schematics.

As you near the truck, one of the police officers in tactical gear, raised his head and slowly approached you.

"...good morning" the man nodded: "My name is Sergeant Tomas Köhler. I am the negotiator of the Zerber police unit, assigned to this operation"

The tactical vest, knee pads and a battle hardened expression he wore on his face, briefly made you mistake his age, for someone in his early 40s.
But as he came closer and you looked into his eyes, you suddenly realized he was barely twenty.

The other, more veteran police officers, kept throwing glances at him. They seemed weary of someone so young, leading the operation.

Tomas sighed and pointed at the building: "I understand you were already briefed on the situation.

The room is indeed sealed. The only way of communication is a small TV screen on our side, and a small camera on theirs.
The hostage taker can turn on the camera, if he wishes to, but we can't turn it on from our end.
So far, there have been no communication from inside the room. We don't know what's happening inside"

Tomas looked at you. His yellow eyes seemed clear, like a crystal, almost unnaturally so. It took you several moment to realize, both of his eyes were cybernetic. They looked almost completely like the real thing. You couldn't tell from afar.

Tomas quietly looked at everyone around him, he seems to be trying to understand everyone better. You notice a pair of batpony fangs, poking out from his upper lip.

"Before the negotiations with the hostage taker began, I wanted to explain a bit more about our unit.

'Zerber' is a unique police unit, that specializes in two things:

The first - Cybernetic and Robotic Warfare.
All cases that involve robots or suspects with cybernetic augmentations. The Zerber Police Unit is uniquely trained and equipped to deal with these cases. Namely, all of our members are cybernetically augmented.

The second - psychological analysis and negotiations.
Every crime is committed by a living person. Something happened in his life, that led him to commit a crime. We are trained in psychology to analyze our suspects, discover their history and understand what led them to this path.

Zerber's objective, is to resolve any situation, without violence. To have everyone walk out of the scene alive, both the hostages and the suspects.

Today, we will try to do that.
Now, I understand you know some of the hostages. Councilor Mercer, Princess Sparkle, Captain Brown. They are your friends or colleagues, and they may also be the reason why the hostage situation took place, so we may need your advice.
Please stay close to me"

Tomas slightly drifted towards the Zerber police truck and looked over the buildings schematics:

"...the hostage taker may contact us at any moment. We have to be ready to talk with him, when it happens.

While we still have time, do you have any questions? About how the negotiations will work, or anything about our current operation?"

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

277Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Mon 26 Jun - 19:49

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"d-do you guys have a baton I can use... or... a tazer or something... maybe a combination of the two." she looks around nervously, "I-I don't feel very safe..." she whispers.

278Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Mon 26 Jun - 20:30

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

"Any questions? Yeah, do you have any booze? Something strong, whisley perhaps?" She asked, staring at him. She didn't trust him, that was clear. In fact, she was suspicious of the police in front of her.

279Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Mon 26 Jun - 20:45

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Arnold, Oboro)

The two looked around, observing the police forces present and other group. When Tomas beagn to talk, they nodded. After he was Done Oboro spoke.

"Simple question, is there a part of this operation that requires more brawn? I mean, we haven't been taught how to hack into there, and I guess my last action to convince someone has not gone as well as I hoped."

Arnold gave a look. "What are you talking about? She has joined our cause. Somwe got one more ally. Though I have to admit, our boss is the brain of the group, so we kind of need to get back in the game on solo acting."

The blue bodyguard looked down. "I hope she's okay... If they hurt her, I'll make them suffer."

(Twilight)

After she was knocked out from the fall, she stirred once. Her eyes fluttered open, but her view was hazy. The voices she heard were still too slurred to make out. She wasn't back in yet, being able to pass out at any moment again. Still, she tried to stay awake.

280Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Mon 26 Jun - 23:35

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

"We still need to find the hacker" Tomas nodded to Oboro: "She's still loose somewhere in the city.
But, for now, lets focus on establishing contact with the hostage taker, find out what he wants. Why he's doing this.

If he calls, please, you must avoid aggravating him in any way. If he grows upset, he may harm the hostages"

Tomas looked at Moon and Violet, uneasily scratching the back of his head: "... I'm afraid we don't have any alcohol with us. We're not allowed to drink during active duty.
As for weapons of self defense, we usually don't provide them to civilians, but I may be able to requisition some items for you, if we'll require them in the future. Now-.."

He gut cut off, as one of his colleagues started nervously gesturing towards the radio: "I got an incoming call! Its from the safe room!"

"Put it through" Tomas said and raised his radio: "....this is Sergeant Tomas Köhler. I am the negotiator for the Zerber police unit. To whom am I speaking to?"

There was silence in the radio, for several painfully long moments, before a quiet, raspy voice replied:

"....Clopin.." the radio went silent again.

Tomas waited a moment, then called: "...Clopin? Is that your name?"

"...It will do for now..." the raspy voice replied.

"Clopin, how are the hostages? Are they safe?" Tomas called over the radio: "Is anyone hurt in th-"

"I will only speak to the Heroes of Adelheid" Clopin cut him off.

Tomas waited a moment, then called: "...Clopin, only Moon Dusts is present. The other heroes are not here.."

"Fine" Clopin called in a raspy voice: "I will speak only to Moon Dusts and those accompanying her. I will not be negotiating with the police."

Tomas lowered the radio in slight confusion, then looked at you and slowly passed you the radio:

"...try to find out what he wants" he quietly said, looking at everyone: "Please, whatever you do, try not to aggravate him"

281Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Mon 26 Jun - 23:52

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Twilight)

The senses were slowly coming back to you. First, the ringing in the ears slowly faded. Then your sight slowly returned.
You slowly acknowledge that you are sitting on the floor, up against a wall. And someone is sitting next to you, both on your left and right side.

Your hands are bound by plastic handcuffs. Your feet are bound by them as well.

As you look at your wrists, you suddenly notice a pair of silver bracelets, on each of your arms.
They weren't yours, you clearly remember not having them before.

Why someone decided to place them on your hands, in addition to the handcuffs, is unclear.

As you groggily look around, you slowly notice that the table and chairs were moved off to the corner.
The occupants of the room, are all sitting up against the wall, closely together, their hands and feet bound.

You vaguely acknowledge that Kaylee is sitting to your left. And some unknown woman to your right.

Kaylee appears to be also awake. She seems unharmed, though visibly shaking. She's terrified.

In front of you, there was a man, casually sitting on the table.

Somewhere in his early fifties. Pegasus. A janitors uniform. His face was strangely painted with random splashes of red and white paint. His expression was eerily calm. He wore a permanent half smile and played with a small cigarette lighter.

As you look around the room once more, you spot the blood stains on the wall.

The blood belonged to the officer that was murdered, shortly before you were knocked out. You don't see a body however.
Blood trails on the floor suggest the body was dragged outside of the room, before it was sealed.

The man in the janitors uniform, picked up a small radio and started talking into it.
You can't quite make out the words. Your ears are still ringing slightly.

282Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 27 Jun - 1:34

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Moon shakily took the radio before lifting it up to her face "It's me, Moon Dusts. What do you want?" She asked quietly. Her hand wrapped around the handle of her sword, a nervous habit.

283Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 27 Jun - 1:57

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

"I will give you a series of instructions. You and your companions, will follow them" Clopin's raspy voice echoed out of the radio:

"If you refuse, the hostages will die. If you stall, the hostages will die. If you try to enter the safe room, the hostages will die...

Do you understand?
" the raspy voice called.

284Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 27 Jun - 2:05

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

"Yes, I understand." She said quietly. Her whole body was shaking, but she tried to keep her voice sounding normal.

285Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 27 Jun - 9:13

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Oboro)

She looked down for a moment, worried about something. Then, she looked at her colleague, who merely nodded. When he did, she looked more serious. Then she spoke to Tomas.

"Let me try again. This time, I will find the real hacker. I want to make up for my mistake. Even if I leave my boss behind for the moment... It has to be done!"

(Arnold)

He folded his arms, a sure smile on his face. "Don't worry friend, if there is protection needed for them, I can give it. Putting me down for good is very difficult, and everyone else is here too. So leave this to me."

(Twilight)

She looked at the new bracelets, wondering what they could could be doing on her. She also looked at the other council members, if they had a similiar device. Lying on the floor wouldn't help with that. However, when she tried to get up, she winced heavily, as the injury at the back of her head from hitting the desk acted up. She groaned, as she couldn't reach to hold it while cuffed.

Though, a shot of pain did wake her up, as it pretty much woke her senses and brain up. She then looked at the one who started the hostage situation.

286Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 27 Jun - 11:52

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

Tomas looked at Oboro and Arnold, and nodded.

The raspy voice echoed again from the radio:

"At exactly 11:00 o'clock this afternoon, the Union government planned to unleash a massive police raid, down in the sewers of Adelheid.
This raid will not happen.

It will be canceled.
Failure to comply will result in Council Mercer getting her head blown off.
" Clopin said firmly:

"Next.
One Doctor Zarovee owns a major Cybernetics Research Facility, right here in Adelheid. The facilities purpose is advanced surgery and Cybernetics installation.

I want that facility up and running, with Dr. Zarovee at the helm, within the next 3 hours. Tell him to prepare to receive a large amount of patients.

See, contrary to popular belief, Marek's boogeymen do not live in the sewers. Who do live there, are refugees, the sick and the homeless.

And the reason why they are sick, is because the Union government sold them faulty cybernetics.

The people down in the sewers are suffering from Tilerium poisoning. The same Tilerium that laces all new age cybernetics"

Clopin's voice changed. It was saturated with anger: "...we sacrificed our lives for the country of Soren. We bled and died for it. And when we came home, we were promised healthcare.
Free healthcare, in exchange for our service.

The government promised us free cybernetics, so we could return a semblance of normalcy to our lives. But the cybernetics were faulty. And we started to get sick. Unable to work, unable to function. We lost our jobs and our lives. Forced to live as beggars, in the bowels of Adelheid.

You cheated us. Now, you will correct your mistake.
Dr. Zarovee's facility will go online withing the next 3 hours, and prepare to admit a massive amount of patients.
You will give us proper cybernetics, or my hostages will suffer...

Refer my message to the police. They'll help you set this in motion"

Clopin paused, before he went on:

"And lastly, something for you to do with your own hands.

Moon Dusts. You and your companions will go to the 31st Victory Street. Located ten blocks, north of you.
Go there and find - Jane Doe.

Once you do, contact me immediately.

Jane Doe is to be placed under your protection. You will guard her with your lives.

If Jane gets hurt, I'll hurt the hostages.
If Jane gets killed, I'll kill the hostages.

Do you understand?
You will protect her, with your lives.

Now go. Get to the 31st Victory Street and find Jane Doe.

You'll understand once you see her.

Remember, I have eyes everywhere and I will be watching.

Further instructions will follow.
That is all."
Clopin went silent

287Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 27 Jun - 12:08

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Twilight)

As you look around the room, it seems that Mercer was the only Councilor, present at the meeting. The other people in the room, appear to be various government officials and military experts.

You scan the others for similar looking silver bracelets, but only find one other woman, wearing them. Its somewhat unclear why only you and her, had bracelets placed on the wrists.

The elderly pegasus who sat on the desk, slowly lowered his radio and looked at you. He worse a small, permanent smile:

"...do not worry. I checked your injury while you were out. No permanent damage. Just a bruise.

I will recommend you to stay seated, however. Any sudden moves from you or your colleagues, well... I wouldn't advice it... the result will be very unpleasant for everyone.."

The pegasus sighed and looked down, at the documents scattered along the desk.

He released an ironic smile and started reading one of them.

288Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 27 Jun - 12:43

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Moon slowly put the radio down "You guys all heard that right? What this guy wants...." she said quietly, looking around, specifically at her companions "You guys are trained in combat, right?"

289Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 27 Jun - 15:23

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"what did I get myself into." she looks down and away, her throat locks up and she quickly runs behind the large truck. The stress had gotten to her and she vomits loudly behind the truck away from prying eyes. She just stays there, her breathing heavy and her hands shaking as she realizes just how grave the situation is and how she cant just walk away now.

she felt trapped.

290Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 27 Jun - 17:13

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Oboro, Arnold)

The blue mare spoke. "We are, thoroughly. It's for our skill that we were hired for our jobs. That and to keep an eye on us... But mostly our skill. I hope..."

Arnold smacks himself on the chest. "Just leave it to me, citizen!"

Oboro then looked in thought. "Though, what was the goverment thinking on this? First giving war-torn soldiers unstable implants, and then killing them? Is that how Soren treats it's loyal veterans? No wonder they rise up in rebellion."

Arthur takes a dour look too. "Honestly, with that as motivator for this crime, it's almost unfair to throw them in jail for that. But thay are threathening the world, so they must be stopped."

Oboro then gave him a look. "Could there be more to this though? I mean, a hostage situation is one thing, but going as far as to hack everything in the government and take those hostage?"

After some looks between them, she spoke. "Let's leave the thinking to the professionals. Right now, we got a date with a lady."

(Twilight)

After the pain subsided from her bruise, she took a more relaxed pose, and putted her face to snark.

"Hmmm, you did give me silver jewelry, I think I can stay here a little bit longer."

She knew that saying such things wasn't smart, or even mature. However, she felt like it would make her more ready to move in an oppertunity arrived. For now, she was stuck here, at his mercy, a feeling she hated.

291Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 27 Jun - 17:50

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

"Unstable implants..." Tomas grimaced and looked down with a grim expression: "This is the first I've heard of it.. You'd think people would speak up, if something like this happened on a massive scale.. why hasn't anyone went to the media?"

"Maybe they did.." Mira grimaced: "But their pleas fell on deaf ears. The media, especially the UNN, has been acting criminally immoral these past months.
Lies, news fabrication, twisting the facts, firing the employers who didn't fall in line.
This smells of a big cover up"

"Alright" Noel firmly nodded: "Lets use the manpower available and start sorting this mess out.
I will head to the Council Building, start going through the legal motions of cancelling the police raid.
I'll also contact the local hospitals and Dr. Zarovee. See how many patients complained about faulty cybernetics. See how wide spread this problem is"

Amy nodded: "I'll stay inside the Council Building as well. I'll set up a little command post, with the Zerber police unit. From there, I'll be able to analyze information, provide real time intelligence to you in the field, use any city surveillance camera's and feed you critical information as it becomes available.
I'll also start looking over the Council Building computer systems. See if I can find out how our hacker breached the most secure place in the city.
I'll keep in touch"

"Alright" Tomas nodded. He briefly approached the police truck and pulled out a box, full of radio earpieces:
"Everyone take a radio and ready your gear. I'll go with you. Provide support as necessary"

He pulled out a police baton and a taser, then passed it to Mira: "Take this to Violet. She asked for them earlier"

"Right" Mira nodded: "I'll accompany you guys as well" she briefly fell into though:
"Mmm... This... 'Jane Doe'... what did he mean by that? 'Jane Doe' is how you usually refer to an unknown person, someone unidentified.
What did he mean... 'Find Jane Doe'?.."

She thought for a moment, then looked at the baton and taser in her hands, nodded and headed off to where Violet went.

When she saw Violet, a moment of fear and concern reflected over her face:

"Oh.. Violet... you alright?.. take it easy.." Mira said with concern, slightly tip-toeing toward Violet:

"....This entire thing... If I'm being honest.. it scares the shit out of me... I'm not even sure what keeps me going.." She looked away, then released a small, silly laugh:

"...a feeling of responsibility towards my viewers? I dunno. Technically I don't even work for UNN anymore. But... whats happening here... it isn't right... I just want to get to the bottom of this...

I want to know the truth.

Are you with me?" She released a small smile. Then seemed to notice the things in her hands and quickly passed them to you: "Oh, the gear you asked for. A taser and a police baton. Gonna look really cool wearing these huh? Yaaay.." she tried to feign excitement, but it was clear she's scared out of her mind.

292Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 27 Jun - 17:59

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

she takes a deep breath and rises. Her golden eyes closing as she listens to Mira, "o-of course im with you... I don't have a ticket back to Nyx just yet... and it would feel wrong to just leave." she takes the tazer and slips it into her pocket. her fingers wrap around the baton tight as she exerts her stress into the handle of the solid object, "I-I wont look very cool using them." she looks away barely smiling, "I... I... Just want to feel safe." she sighs and the tip of the blunt weapon falls into her other hand, "I have no idea how to fight." she says sounding embarrassed.

293Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 27 Jun - 18:02

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Twilight)

"Good" the pegasus nodded: "Because we'll be here a while. Best get comfortable" He returned to reading one of the documents on the table. With his spare hand, he hid the cigarette lighter and pulled out an apple.
As the moments passed, he began chewing on it.

Everyone else in the room seemed scared, terrified. Afraid to move or even make a single sound.

Everyone was scared. Everyone except Councilor Mercer.

The mare stared daggers at the pegasus, her face so distorted with anger, she looked like a chained, wild animal.

The pegasus ignored her, then smirked and started reading one of the documents aloud:

"...-hereby order a police operation to infiltrate the Labyrinth and sweep it clear. Rules of engagement will be 'shoot to kill'. The Zerber unit will lead the assault..-"

The man looked up from the document and smiled: "I especially like this part - 'Shoot to kill'.

He looked down at the document again: "Well well... looks like your signature is missing, Captain" he said and looked up at Kaylee.

Kaylee didn't respond, staring at the man and trying to stop herself from shaking in fear.

"Well... best not tempt you then.. though this document looks reaaaally important and- Oooops, I accidentally ripped it in half!" the man quietly said with a smile, as he slowly tore the document through the middle:

"..and ooh! I tore it again... oh and again! I am just so clumsy today..." he pegasus was grinning to himself, as he slowly tore the document into little pieces.

Kaylee's expression slowly changed to mild confusion.

Mercer was scowling at him and gritting her teeth.

294Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 27 Jun - 18:25

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Arnold, Oboro)

Arnold began to think. "He must know the person well enough to put this plan up, you'd think they'd exchange names at one point. Does he want to keep us from knowing who it is?"

"I don't think so." Oboro stated, getting herself an earpiece. "Keep in mind, that one of the mistakes I made is that I instantly jumped at the things we knew. But on the tapes, the person of interest was blurred. I might be jumping to conclusions again, but... Can this "Jane Doe" be the girl from the tapes?"

Arnold frowned a little. "All we know of this Jane Doe is that she's a woman! That is way too soon to put that option there!"

(Twilight)

"Oh look, a piece of paper has been torn." She said dryly.

She looked at the bracelets again, and then at the other pony with them. Specifically, if she had a horn. She had a suspicion what these were supposed to do, but she needed confirmation on it.

295Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 27 Jun - 20:12

Dan One

Dan One

(Serena)
Serena pulled out her tablet and started going through the footage again. The screen on her tablet was split into 3 windows. The uppermost and taking up the top held the security footage.
The bottom left side was a text document that contained the name of the hotel the woman left and street sign names. The right side was a separate map of the city, the woman's path plotted out.

As she did this she spoke to Amy directly "Amy, I'm thinking that...Clopin...may have been using you as bait to draw us all together. So, I'm going to need to know what you were doing at 6:15 this morning and where you're staying."

(Naomi)
"If you have a spare. I'd like to have a set of the tactical armor your wearing." Naomi said "And I do have actual military training, so it's not like your giving it out to a random civy"

296Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Wed 28 Jun - 13:18

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

Mira looked at Violet and released an understand smile: "You and me both" she grinned and pulled out a can of pepper spray: "That's why I have this!
Come on, lets rejoin the others" she nodded with confidence and waved you to follow.

Meanwhile, at the police truck, Tomas and his colleagues were sorting through the equipment and gearing up for the operation.

After a moment, Tomas pulled a dark vest from the police truck and handed it to Naomi:

"Please keep in mind, it won't do much for protection. Its more for storing equipment" Tomas said, passing the vest:
"It has a thin layer of armor that should stop cold weapon piercing attacks, but if we'll encounter a Rumba, that vest won't be able to do much"

As Serena examined the security footage again, it seems the 'Scrambled Face Woman' has first appeared, when she left the 'Dark Swan Hotel', located on 'Clover Street'.
The hotel was located only a 10 minutes walk, north of the Council Building.

After that, the scrambled face woman traveled south-east. Slowly walking for about 25 minutes and
disappearing inside the Darkstar dance club.

Amy looked at Serena and reluctantly nodded: "...sure... I'm staying at the dorms of my university. Its about a 10 minute walk, south of Darkstar. At 6:15 I was sleeping at the dorms"

Tomas rose up and waved to everyone:
"Alright, lets move out. I'll drive" he headed toward one of the police vans, parked nearby.

As you climbed inside and the car started to roll, you heard a distant sound of thunder from above.

Most buildings in Adelheid were covered in a glass, reflective surface. Towering skyscrapers surrounded the street from both sides and you could see the reflection of the gray clouds, in the buildings glass windows, as the van rolled down the streets.

Rain started and stopped again, several times as you drove. The traffic was starting to become light, as most people had already arrived at their jobs or work stations.

The clock in the car showed: 8:25

Mira sat next to the driver, her arms crossed, seemingly dozing off and falling asleep.

Tomas drove the truck with a concentrated and grim expression. Something was eating him from inside and he would occasionally look over the surrounding area, as if subconsciously wanting to jump out of his skin.

At the next street juncture, a sports car suddenly cut Tomas off. Tomas hit the breaks a little too suddenly and Mira woke up.

The driver of the sports car briefly poked out of the window and screamed: "WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING, BLOODSUCKER!" before driving away.

Mira shifted in her seat and sighed: "...what a moron. I'd urge you to write him a ticket, if we weren't in a hurry. So many idiots on the road, endangering everyone in the vicinity. Some people should have their license revoked am I right?" she grinned and looked at Tomas.

Tomas didn't reply. His expression became haunted. Guilty.

Mira gasped in shock: "Oh come on! You don't honestly feel guilty about Slavegear!"

"..they have a right to be angry" Tomas quietly said, looking ahead at the road.

"No they don't!" Mira turned toward him and scowled: "You had nothing to do with it! You can't let these people grind you into dirt!"

Tomas didn't reply. Only continued to quietly drive the van.

After a few more moments, Amy's voice came out of the earpiece:
"Testing, testing, how copy? This is special agent Black Mamba, do you read?"

"I'm not calling you that" Mira smirked as she pressed her finger onto the earpiece.

"Pfff" Amy emitted a distorted noise: "Anyway, just a heads up. Ten seconds ago, about 30 blocks in the city lost power. No electricity whatsoever.
Everyone's abuzz trying to figure out whats going on. I'll keep you posted"

"Okay" Tomas quietly called: "Thank you for letting us know"

"You got it" Amy audibly grinned: "Oh, one more thing, that Victory Street, where you're heading off now? It lost power too."

"Copy" Mira said and looked back at you: "One thing after another, keep your guard up. Just so we're clear, if a fight breaks out, I'll be the one cowering behind the dumpster"

"...we're here.." Tomas quietly called, looking ahead with confusion: "...I think"

The van stopped, in the middle of a large traffic jam. Cars weren't moving in both directions and a lot of people began climbing out of their vehicles and shouting, looking somewhere ahead.

Tomas slowly climbed out as well and approached one of the drivers: "..excuse me, do you know what happened?"

The driver from the adjacent car, waved ahead in frustration: "I don't know. Some idiot just sat in the middle of the road and refuses to move. She clogged the entire street juncture"

"..do you know who it is?" Tomas asked in confusion.

"I don't know" the driver replied: "A woman. Borderline catatonic. Just sitting there, in the middle of the road, unresponsive. Becomes very lively if someone tries to move her though. Almost bit someone's hand off. Hey can you guys take care of it? You're the police right?" the driver called, looking at you.

Last edited by Kaylee Brown on Wed 28 Jun - 13:34; edited 2 times in total

297Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Wed 28 Jun - 13:27

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Twilight)

The other woman with the bracelets was a unicorn.

The man sitting on the desk smiled: "...yes. Its.. really funny if you think about it... how much sway a piece of paper can have over a persons life. Sad, really"

298Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Wed 28 Jun - 17:30

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"you think she's our girl?" Violet gets out and grips the collapsed tool in her fingers. her thumb fidgeting with the blunt head of the baton, "I mean... picking up a psychopath isn't too strange considering the current situation." she says slipping back into the car and pulls out a mango from the bag she was carrying beside her. She pulls out an apple as well and offers it to the random stranger who told them about the girl. Her fangs sink into the mango, and its juices drip down from the sides of her mouth as she relives stress from herself through her fruit.

299Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Wed 28 Jun - 17:44

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Arthur, Oboro)

The blonde stallion smiled. "A woman like that needs to feel safe now. To feel like she isn't in danger. Leave it to me!"

He gets out of the van, and headed to her.

Oboro got out as well, looking at him go. She then said something to Tomas.
"If you ever need to talk, my boss was a pawn in that operation. Maybe she can help you get the emotions in check."

(Twilight)

She frowned as she saw the horn. It confirmed her suspicion. Those bracelets were there to limit magic.

She gave the kidnapper a look. "That's true. Well, since the'a nothing going on, tell us something, please... Like what the hell is going on?!"

300Digital Waltz - Page 12 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Wed 28 Jun - 19:25

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

The driver of the adjacent car, took the apple from Violet and looked at the fruit in confusion.

Tomas looked at Oboro. His eyes were a little sad as he nodded: "..thank you.. I'll.. keep it in mind.." he looked away. The issue still clawing at him.

"Wow, guys" Mira suddenly called: "Check it out.. use the glasses" she said, looking further ahead.

About 15 meters down the road, you spotted a lone woman, wearing a black colored suit and a long skirt.
She sat in the middle of the road, covering her head with both hands. Her pelt was gray and her hair was a pale green color. A pair of batpony wings on her back.

As you look at her with your glasses, the text box only showed the following:

???, ???
???

One of the drivers angrily shook his fist and shouted at her: "Get off the road stupid!"

"GO AWAY!" The woman shouted, still shielding her head: "YOU'RE NOT REAL!!! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next