The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 7

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 44  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 44]

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain nods, "Hm... whoever it is, lets ensure he doesn't come back. Maybe he's going to get his friends or some shit." She scoffs, "I'll take a runner before anyone actually gets hurt though." She sighs, clicking on her heat vision and following bastilas gaze, before turning back and making her way to camp.

"Ran like a fawn as soon as he felt his cover was blown." Circi chuckles, "Coward." She smirks, following the small group back to camp.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Twilight wrote:"I want to know why too, there better be a good reason and evidence for it... Hard evidence... Else this is a case of "Crying Wolf" and my trust in your judgement goes down."

"I trust my comrades completely. And I've worked with Viki and Bastila for years." Ryu shortly replied "If they all thought it was prudent to initiate defensive actions, there must have been a good reason."
It was hard to read Ryu's expression and the tone of his voice through the blizzard, but for a moment, you thought you caught him briefly frowning at you, and a subtle tone of displeasure had momentarily seeped into his voice.

"We should have established a secure perimeter around the camp from the get go, truth be told." He added, his voice calm this time, as you entered the campsite, the large fire now put out and emitting long trails of hissing smoke.

"War never stops on this planet. The moment you let your guard down, is the moment somebody dies..." he looked away for some reason, and you could only see the back of his head, as he quietly whispered, barely audible, more to himself "...I thought you understood that."

He peeled off and went to sit on one knee next to Lightning, coating her tighter in her blankets and making sure she was sitting securely on her log. The girl still hasn't moved or said a word since you got here. Even with all the chaos around her, she seemed completely disconnected from the world around her, staring into space with an empty expression.

Ryu firmly took hold of her shoulder for a moment "...nothing will hurt you tonight." he whispered, before rising up and looking toward Rogue, Circi, Rain and Bastila, as they returned from the scouting run in the forest.

Rain wrote:"Hm... whoever it is, lets ensure he doesn't come back. Maybe he's going to get his friends or some shit." She scoffs, "I'll take a runner before anyone actually gets hurt though." She sighs, clicking on her heat vision and following bastilas gaze, before turning back and making her way to camp.
Rogue wrote:"Well I guess that's that, then" Rogue nods, "Guess all that's left is to find out all we can from the other travellers."

The civilians were all hidden from sight, inside the roofed wagons but a few brave, or drunk souls cautiously peaked their heads out from the wagon curtains and surveyed the area.

As Rain clicked on her heat vision, a mostly uniform, cold-white landscape came into view and remained largely the same, as you surveyed the area, making your way back to camp. Snow and brush, trees and small rock formations, all equally cold. There was no sign of that strange bubble void, created by the merchants Shield Sphere. He was either out of range, or too far away, concealed behind the forest of trees.

Ryu nodded to you, as you entered the campsite, then looked at everyone present:

"Alright, lets debrief. Lets pool all our knowledge and facts together, and see what we can deduce."

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:Ryu nodded to you, as you entered the campsite, then looked at everyone present:

"Alright, lets debrief. Lets pool all our knowledge and facts together, and see what we can deduce."

"One of the merchants had a level three Shield spell cast on him, and it looks like when he figured out that we had notice, he legged it south/south-west back down the royal road, we lost his trail in the forest" Rogue reports, "Apparently he only joined the caravan recently, after previously travelling alone."

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain looks to Rogue, then back to Ryu and shrugs, "Rogue broke it down pretty well. He said he was going to Rakshata. Funny how he then decides to go the opposite direction. Arrived without a Caravan or guards, and leaves without them... as far as we know anyway." She steps up next to the carrages, "Whoever that was is gone." She calls to the people inside, "I have some questions for some of you if thats alright? You aren't in trouble, just looking for information." She looks to Twilight, "I also know that probably looked weird on your end. I picked up his shield spell with my heat vision, and once I gathered even a little information I tried to tell you guys." She raises her brow, "I couldn't even get to inform Ryu or even Kaylee before he booked it, let alone my own daughter." She looks down at where the fire once was, "Can we get a fire ball?"

Circi looks out into the forest from the camp, quitely watching the snowflakes fall at the end of her vision, "The witcher here only readied a level 2 fireball. I dont think he has the ability to go higher. His shield was certainly from an outside source."

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

When Ryu gave his reply, Twilight seemed to harden, to not seem to hurt. "I have had my fair share of adventures too, alongside multiple allies. I've been backstabbed too often by those I thought were my allies." She looked down, saying something softly, but somehow both cold and full of resentment. " Heroes of Adelheid, for example..."

Some Sinner wrote:She looks to Twilight, "I also know that probably looked weird on your end. I picked up his shield spell with my heat vision, and once I gathered even a little information I tried to tell you guys."

"Heat vision, how convinient..." Twilight replies.

"Let's see what playing along will bring." She thought to herself.

"Let's considder, between the discovery of his shell and his leaving, what things would he notice..." She went to sit where the merchant sat and looked around that spot. "Maybe something seemed off to him about our behaviour, maybe..."

Her eyebrow raised. "Maybe he just put together that we might be trouble, not by our words or actions, but just by what group we are."

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Rogue wrote:"One of the merchants had a level three Shield spell cast on him, and it looks like when he figured out that we had notice, he legged it south/south-west back down the royal road, we lost his trail in the forest" Rogue reports, "Apparently he only joined the caravan recently, after previously travelling alone."
Rain wrote:"Rogue broke it down pretty well. He said he was going to Rakshata. Funny how he then decides to go the opposite direction. Arrived without a Caravan or guards, and leaves without them... as far as we know anyway.

Viktoria looked down, tapping her chin in thought "...what was his objective? No... rather...

Why did he join the caravan?

He didn't need it for protection, he could clearly traverse the wilds alone. If he was simply headed to Rakshata, he could have continued lurking through the woods by his lonesome. And he didn't want to be discovered. Why complicate things, by inserting himself into a caravan and risking exposure?"

"He traveled with them for 2 whole days." Kaylee nodded "Did he need them for something?"

Rain wrote:"I have some questions for some of you if thats alright? You aren't in trouble, just looking for information."

"Is-...is it safe??" One of the drunken faces asked, peaking through the roofed wagon curtains and clutching his balalaika "I don't mind I guess, but you folks sure got tactical in a jiffy... kinda makes you wonder, whats lurking out there, if it got you lot spooked. Know what I'm saying?" he asked, wearily looking around.

The caravan's drunk Witcher meanwhile summoned his almighty warhammer and placed its burning surface next to the smoking campfire. It took several long moments, but the damp wood eventually caught fire again, momentarily burning green like the hammer, before switching back to its natural, orange flame.

Twilight wrote:"I have had my fair share of adventures too, alongside multiple allies. I've been backstabbed too often by those I thought were my allies." She looked down, saying something softly, but somehow both cold and full of resentment. " Heroes of Adelheid, for example..."

Ryu turned his head to you very slowly. He was openly frowning now, about a thousand thoughts looked like they were swirling inside his head, just about to spill out, but he looked away and said nothing. He wasn't hiding his emotions anymore. Ears pressed flat against his head, fists clenching. He looks extremely upset, in a quiet way that you've never seen before.

Twilight wrote:"Heat vision, how convinient..." Twilight replies.

"Let's considder, between the discovery of his shell and his leaving, what things would he notice..." She went to sit where the merchant sat and looked around that spot. "Maybe something seemed off to him about our behaviour, maybe..."

Her eyebrow raised. "Maybe he just put together that we might be trouble, not by our words or actions, but just by what group we are."

"Twilight, may I speak with you for a moment." Ryu muttered through gritted teeth, he was openly scowling at you now "...in private."

His voice was so vividly saturated with restrained aggression that Viktoria genuinely became spooked and looked at him in confusion "...Ryu, what's going on?"

"Everything's fine." He quietly muttered, frowning at Twilight.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain eyes quitely flick between Twilight and Ryu, "Not my lane." She says to herself.

Her eyes catch on the man in the carrage, "Oh yeah. I get it, but you were in alot more danger with him around. We're keeping a close eye on the camps edges now, so lets all try to enjoy the rest of our night. Yeah? I want to know if he told you anything." Rain takes a seat around the fire once more, "Did he say where he came from? I understand he was really resrved, but some things can slip in two days."

Last edited by Some Sinner on Thu 16 Jun - 21:59; edited 1 time in total

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"Nah, its was more in reverse," The guys asked, cautiously stepping out of the wagon and cradling his balalaika as if it was a baby "It was as if the guy had a mouth full of water. You couldn't get more than two words out of him.

He was reeal quiet, kept to himself and asked more questions than he answered.
Wanted to know which way we're going, what roads we'll take, where we'll make camp and for how long.
Didn't say much about himself and you know us, we get real chatty once the booze kicks in, so we really tried chatting him up, but nothing."

The man frowned for a bit, seemingly trying to think through his alcohol induced poisoning "We thought he'd get chatty once he drank with us for a bit, but he barely drank anything, Fyodor almost took offense that his moonshine brewing skills were not up to par."

The man released a loud hiccup, then continued "So anyways, all he said about himself, was that his name is Pavlik, he's some kinda fancy merchant from down south, heading to Rakshata to sell some food spices, or some such. Dunno where he's from exactly, dunno much about him really. He'd answer a question with a question, know what I'm saying?" the man had another hiccup and slightly wobbled in place, threatening to fall over.

"...come to thick of it..." He frowned at the snow, possibly considering whether he wants to fall down flat on his face "He got a bit animated just before you guys showed up... especially when Fyodor started talking about his magic tree..." the man titled his head, staring at the ground:

"Now.. it may just be meee..." he placed a hand on his chest, his face completely plastered "But-iIIIIIiii think he REEEEALLLLllyyy didn't want Fyodor talking about his treeeeeeeeee......."

The man slowly leaned forward and fell face first into the snowdrift. After a few seconds you heard an even, drunken snoring.

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight looked back at Ryu, noticing his anger. She was preparing for it. "Of course. Some things are better without an audiance."

She makes her way to more secluded spot.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Walking through the snow some 30 meters away from the camp, you felt the tension so high, it could be cut with a knife. Ryu looked extremely upset as he marched on ahead, fists still clenched, you even thought you saw his hands faintly shaking.

After some 30 meters, when the camp was well out of earshot, he suddenly turned around and faced you directly, looking you straight in the eye. His piercing stare was uncomfortable.

"What is going on with you." He said from the get go "Why did you say all those horrible things!
The people we travel with are our friends! Brothers in arms, family! My family! And you imply they're prone to stabbing us in the back?"

He scowled, you've never seen him this upset before, not even when fighting the horde:

"I took a chance with you! All of you! The Machine Folk that no one would believe! No one would side with! Because we were taught from our cradle that you were the enemy!
It took a Monumental effort on my part, to let you people anywhere near my sister, let alone the rest of my family. But I Chose to trust you, because your words sounded sincere to me and your actions were noble.

I watched your group risk their lives and sacrifice themselves to save complete strangers, to save the people of Nifelheim, to save me and my family. I watched your group shed parasite blood and fight beside me, get injured and bleed, right beside me. I traveled with you for months and based on everything I have seen, I would trust ALL of them with my eyes closed!"

Ryu was scowling at you, as angry tears began to appear in his eyes "Me!... A leader of a castle town, who's job is to be a hundred times more harsh, cautious and careful, because my mistakes, spell the death of thousands!

I came to trust the Machine Folk and now YOU are implying they're backstabbers?!"

He angrily waved his hand "How can you say such a horrible thing!
Why are you making these passive aggressive statements! They're literally making my skin crawl!"

He gritted his teeth "...Maybe the merchant just put together that we might be trouble, not by our words or actions, but just by what group we are.... What kind of group are we, Twilight?
Incompetent Witchers? Potential backstabbers?"

He took a step toward you "Why are you making these blanket statements? Do you truly believe anyone is capable of betraying you?" He narrowed his eyes "Do you think I'll backstab you? Do you think Viki will? Or Ursula?"

He scowled "I tried Really hard to pretend I didn't see you, spying on us! On my Private Life! You don't trust us, do you?" Angry tears were threatening to fall on his cheeks as he stared at you:

"...you don't even see us, do you? You only see an external shell... labels... son, king, temporary ally, incompetent, potential threat, backstabber..." he suddenly flinched away from you, his eyes widened and as if he was slapped:

"...you don't see... me..." his eyes filled up with tears that fell down his cheeks. He bitterly turned away.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain quitely listens, taking in information, and stifels a laugh as he passes out, "Fyodor!" She calls, "Can I speak to you a moment? I have a couple questions." She waves him over.

Circi quitely patrols around the edge of camp, her ears go back slightly as she catches moments of Ryu's outburst, but quickly moves herself out of earshot. More concerned with potentially finding someone at the edges of camp. She takes a few paces out into some trees and takes a few stabs at the snow with her spider legs before moving on to check other hiding places.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Fyodor wearily peaks out of his wagon, then reluctantly steps out, slowly making his way to you and releasing a sheepish smile: "Y-yes, Witcher. What can I do for you?"

Patrolling the edges of camp, you don't find anything worthy of note. Only more trees, bushes and small rock formations, coated in snow. The blizzard was still loudly hissing, carrying a haze of snowflakes with it, to settle over your clothes. You don't see any living things. Only a subtle rustling of rabbits is heard, somewhere in a snowdrift nearby, spooked by sudden noises.

Off to the side, you notice Ursula hanging out alone, with a saddened expression. She didn't seem to know what to do with herself, before finally deciding to sit next to Lightning and rest her head on Light's shoulder, faintly humming a tune.

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

The anger Ryu threw at her was expected, but it still hurt. She visibly flinched, but not from the cold. She clenched her firt, trying to fight back the tears trying to come out.

"I-I don't know what to say..." She slowly starts. "What is wrong with me, I can say..." She gave out a sigh. "E-Earlier in our journey, when choosing limit breaks, you said something to me. I remember it well... After explaining the importance of a Limit break, you said these words... "Live a life without regret. Goodnight." " She was silent afterwards. Then, she spoke in a tone that sounded hollow and broken.

"I have trouble recalling anything I don't regret."

She looked at Ryu, her eyes empty, her face set into a depressed expression. "Maybe you heard the name before, the 'Heroes of Adelheid'. In the machine world, they got that name after they saved that city from a dangerous invasion, and ended up missing for 18 months... Before emerging again... As tools to destroy a city and slay an entire govement. Even if it was not their control, the blood still got on their hands..."

She looked at her own hands, who were shaking. "I can still see it... I can never wash it off..."

She drops her hands, looking defeated. "I try to see people for who they are, but for that, I need to talk to them... Have real conversations with them, about their past, their joys, hobbies and dislikes... See the emotion on their face as they recall those things... Like you and Ursala were doing..."

She shook her head. "If I were to answer why I was watching you and Ursala, it could be that I was worried for you... Seeing if you two were really well for eachother... But more then that, it was jealousy that you two could talk like that, like there was no care in the world, about nothing and still smile... I want that..."

Her tone became even more hollow. "But I don't if I can..."

She looked at him. "I will be completely honest with you... You, Viki, Bastilla, Zoyah, Diana... You all seem great to me. You truely show the positives of yourselves and your craft... Shining beacons of hope... I want that... Because being a witcher... Seemed like a much better life then what I had before..."

Her face got some emotion again, anger focussed at nothing, or some mental projection in front of her. "Back in the machine world, I was politician, already a job that makes people distrusting. But I have my own opinion, which apparently is wrong. I stand for certain ideals, work them out so they make sense, but they don't even get a glance before dismissal. It's disgusting... And it's everywhere... So much it seeped into me..." She grasped at her mental image, anger on her face as she 'crushes' something that isn't there. "I was never given a choice to join the Union, and anytime I want to talk, it's dismissed or derailed... Am I wrong for not being on board with something I have no control over? To want back what was taken from me?"

She exhaled through her nose, like a bull seeing red. "I worked my entire youth, to earn a title... Which lost it's meaning to conquest... Through my whole life, I honed my magic, making it a part of me, and it's stripped away... I got something of a position, with only the work and no perks for having an opinion... And when I had two small bundles of joy, they were taken from me..."

Her body started shaking out of rage. "I'll tell you why I'm so snide and bitter... Because everything I worked for, gets destroyed... And it's all laughed at, even by those I should be able to confide to..." She shook more and more. "I hate it... I hate how powerless I am... I hate the undue shit thrown at me... I hate how toxic I have become... I hate how little I dare to say, or can say, to vent my heart... I hate how everything feels like it lacks puropse... How every bridge I tried to build is on fire, how everything I look back on in my life is tainted by failure..."

And then she snapped.

"So there you have it! I shit on everyone and everything,BECAUSE I HATE MY FUCKING LIFE!!!"

She dropped to her knees and punched the ground once, which gave a nasty sound of breaking bones. It kept Twilight quiet, before she spoke again, this time sounding hollow again.

"That's my story... My explanation, because what I have done.... Is not excusable..."

She then pulled her hand up, curled herself up and lost the battle against her tears. She sat there, sobbing to herself, in a sight that was utterly pathetic.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Ryu slowly sat down on one knee, and quietly sat beside you, for the longest moment, waiting until you calmed down. When the tears slowed down and the sobbing had gone quiet, he spoke. His voice, calm and very quiet, but firm:

"...I won't pretend to understand the politics of the Machine World and I haven't experienced the struggles you faced. And maybe its just the soldier in me talking, but these words were spoken to me by my father, and I am certain to my core, that they are true -

So long as you draw breath, you haven't failed." Ryu firmly looked you, straight in the eye:

"Fight, struggle and defy destiny. Until your final breath, until you lose consciousness, or until the light fades in your eye. Push and never stop pushing toward your objective, until you claw it out of destiny's hands."

He paused a moment, then allowed himself a small smile "...and if you stop for a moment and self reflect, you will find you've become a Witcher more powerful, than most on this planet.

You are far from powerless, Twilight. And you have the energy and the potential in you, to one day, achieve something great. It is not an empty platitude. It is simply plain to see." his smile grew slightly wider.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain greets the man with a disarming smile, "That Merchant had an intrest in you I hear. Especially in discouraging you from talking about that tree." She tilts her head slightly, "Who else did you bring along on this investigation. Or did you go into the wilderness alone, like him?" She tilts her head, "Theres no need to worry. Unless you plan on slamming us with a spell of course?" She lets out a chuckle, "Your no traitor i'm sure of that though."

Circi huffs, "I cant shake this feeling we're being watched still." She hisses, slowly making her way back to camp.

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:The man slowly leaned forward and fell face first into the snowdrift. After a few seconds you heard an even, drunken snoring.

Rogue sighs, and kneels down next to the man, before hauling him up out of the snow and back into the caravan.

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Though the tears didn't stop, Twilight looked right at Ryu when he spoke, her ears showing she heard eveything he said. She did a sudden lunge, wrapiing her arms around him in a firm hug, squeezing him tightly.

"Thank you... You're too good to me..." She said through weakening sobs...

She slightly loosened the hug, feeling he might be uncomfortable. She let out a sigh, signalling the end of her outburst. She wiped her tears away, to look a little more presentable and to not let them freeze in the cold.

Another sigh escapes her lips. "I suppose you're right... Even when I think I'm weak, I pull through more then I expect... Do more physical harm then I ever thought I would... I sometimes wonder how I survived half the scenario's I was in..." She gave a small smile. "I guess not for myself."

She got up and dusted herself off, wincing one before looking at her messed up hand. "... I really need to fix how I punch..."

She shakes her head and looks at him again. "Um, it's a little late, but allow me to apologise and explain my insensitive statement "what kind of group we are." Especially in light of my earlier statements, it sounds incredibly disdainful and degoratory, as you pointed out. In that moment, I didn't mean it like that. I meant that the composition of our group would raise an eyebrow for other people. Even the drunkest of them reconized the White Flame, king of Rakshata. A king travelling, must be important. But another witcher king, a few folks with mechanical accents as allies, a wounded criminal and sinners, now that's really something big."

She tried to look more businesslike, which didn't exactly work due to her recent breakdown letting her look dishevelled. "My guess is that, should the man be a spy of some kind, he might have merely been there to see where we were at that particular moment, as we are in a race to reach Lieselotte, with our opponent being a very dangerous individual with tons of pawns."

She frowned a little. "This is not to put hurtful labels on us or make judgements on our race and appeances, but most of us have VERY disctinct appearances, making us reconizable at one glance. Like the well-known identities of the kings, the arachnid like sinner or three people who might have a set of wings too many. Even not looking at the individuals, there's a disproportionate amount of unicorns, pegasi and batponies coming along given what I have figured about the composition of Nifelheim's populations. Thus, we didn't even need to say much to be reconized, as allies to civilians, or threats to nefarious groups."

She looked down. "Back in the group I phrased my idea too shortly and very, very poorly, for that I apologise. I hope my explanation helps a little to see what I was thinking back there."

She then casted her eyes back at the camp. "And as cheesy as it sounds, for as much as I have bitched about the machine folks, if I would see one of them die, I would fly into a berserker rage. There was a moment I thought I had lost them, to a machine that seemed as invincible as an ancient Parasite... Their deaths were stated, even if false... Not long before, I had an argument just like this, where I had caused a rift between me and the group... so much I went my own way to work on the ongoing situation from a different angle. When I heard their supposed demise, I went cataconic at the news, and upon seeing the machine, I lost my mind, wanting to rip it apart with my bare hands and needed to be sedated." She seemed a bit saddened by it. "The whole story is a bit long and emotional to explain, it's not exactly the time for that. I'll tell it later when there's a moment for such memories."

She looked at Ryu, rubbing her hand against her temple. "First, we need to get to the bottom of this. Then, I need a good rest..."She gave a small, genuine smile. "And I believe you have a conversation with Ursala that needs to be finished."

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"I... I-.. of course not!" The scholar drunkenly shook his head "Why, I had a whole team of scholars with me! In fact. They're here in this very caravan!"

He drunkenly frowned at a snowy brush "Even hired some Iron Legion folk for protection. We parted ways after our encounter with the GREAT TREE OF LAIRATHSH!! The Legion folk went to Scharlachrot and we scholars attached to this fine caravan here, as they too were headed to Rakshata."

The scholar continued to drunkenly furrow his brow at the snow "Mm.. yes.. come to think of it, that funny guy became really animated, once I mentioned my intensions to tell everyone about the GREAT TREE OF LAIRATHSH!!! He tried to discourage and discredit me at every turn! Can you believe it??""

"Mmm," Bastila narrowed her eyes "How can anyone question such... believable, monumental discoveries..."

"I know, right?" The scholar raised his finger at the sky, apparently not picking up on the sarcasm "Pilgrims from all over the world, will one day come to visit - THE GREAT TREE OF LAIRATHSH!!!"

Bastila blinked very slowly.

"Possible pilgrims in the future, huh?" Sasha briefly fell into thought, then planted a fist into her palm "That settles it!
The man who escaped was undoubtedly, some sort of... magic... tree... cultist!!! Sworn forever to safeguard and keep secret, the location of the GREAT TREE OF LAIRA-"

"Stop saying that!" Bastila cut her off.

As Rogue began hauling the drunked man back to the caravan, he woke up and looked at you with one eye half open "Who-... who there?..." he drunkenly gasp "Are you my daaad?"

Off at the outskirts of the camp, Ryu watched Twilight and quietly listened. For the longest moment he tried to find the right words to say, then simply stepped forward and hugged her:
"...if you ever feel there's too much on your plate, I'm here... and so is Viki."

He took a step back and smiled "And the rest of the Alstreim family. We're all, one big family now. And we'll stick together." He nodded to you with a smile.

"Okay... we're still in the middle of a bit of a situation. Lets head back and see if there's anything we can do."

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:As Rogue began hauling the drunked man back to the caravan, he woke up and looked at you with one eye half open "Who-... who there?..." he drunkenly gasp "Are you my daaad?"

"... Not exactly" Rogue replies.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain squints at Sasha, "Magic. Tree. Cultist." She says each word slowly, "I-uhhh... I dont think so."

As Circi returns to camp she catches wind on the conversation beside the fire, "Hay. You dont know that. Agatha tried to build a cult off of Sinner blood. I think worshipping a giant memory tree isn't too outlandish."

"Humans have worshipped weirder things i'll admit." Rain hisses slightly, "If this tree does offer the protection its rumored to have, theres a chance that people may have already found a way inside, and are actively pushing away potential dangers to said protection" She looks to bastila a moment, "You seem skeptical, but I want you to seriously concider this."

Her attention turns back to the scholar, "Ok, so. You went into the forest to search for 'THE GREAT TREE OF LAI-'" She pauses, refusing to get caught into whatever spell that forces its name into theatrics, "The... GreAT TREE... OF Lairathsh" she chokes out, "You went there. You found a bubble shield around a huge area?" She asks, hoping she'll be corrected to the spells actual nature.

Last edited by Some Sinner on Wed 22 Jun - 8:03; edited 1 time in total

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

She returns the hug and smiles back. "I'll do my best to honor this extra chance you gave me."

Her ear twitched and she looked to the camp. "Why do they keep screaming tree? Can't they keep it down."

Said by someone that not long before bellowed at the top of her lungs how she felt about her life.

She went back to camp, cleaning her face and gently taking Ryu along.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Rogue wrote:"... Not exactly" Rogue replies.

"Are you sure?" The man suspiciously squinted at you, through the fog of alcohol poisoning.

Rain wrote:"You seem skeptical, but I want you to seriously concider this."

"Just to re-emphasize," Bastila replied with a deflated voice "Asking to seriously consider the legend of Lairathsh, is the same as asking me to seriously consider Santa Claus... and that our reputable scholar here, found Santa's real home in the north pole..."

"I! I take offense to that, young lady!" The scholar shook his finger "My Memory Orb doesn't lie!"

"You just saw a tree with glowing fruit, heard a creepy voice and some moving roots chased you out of the forest." Bastila replied with a bored expression "We've seen creepier stuff on the outskirts of Rakshata.

"Y-young lady?!" Viktoria seemed to have taken offense with the phrasing "You can at least provide basic courtesy and stand on ceremony, when addressing-"

"Shhhhhhhhhh." Bastila immediately extended her hand and covered Viki's mouth with her palm "He doesn't recognize me, lets keep it that way. I don't want a line of retainers following me arou-" Bastila paused, noticing a devilish grin on Viktoria's face:

"Ehe.... ehe.... ehehehe." Viki menacingly laughed.

"Don't you dare." Bastila shook her fist, starting to sweat a little.

"Why should I get all the attention?" Viktoria shrugged with a smug grin "Its only fair you get some of the spotlight."

"V, I swear to god!" Bastila loudly whispered, shaking her fist harder.

Rain wrote:You found a bubble shield around a huge area?" She asks, hoping she'll be corrected to the spells actual nature.

"I don't believe there was a shield..." The scholar fell into thought "But its roots seemed quite dangerous..." he visibly shivered from head to toe "I shudder to think what would have happened if it caught me! That voice!..." His eyes grew round "A Nightmare! It was True Nightmare!"

Twilight wrote:She went back to camp, cleaning her face and gently taking Ryu along.

Things seem to have calmed down, since the last time you were here, the caravan folk were slowly beginning to pile out of the wagons again and preparing their sleeping bags for the night. Most of your team members were still standing guard at the perimeter, while others were in the middle of camp, discussing the recent events.

Viktoria looked toward you and waved, before looking around "Alrighty. It looks like there's no immediate danger, so, lets prepare a quick guard rotation schedule for the night and head off to bed. We still need to reach Lieselotte before the week is over."

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:
Rogue wrote:"... Not exactly" Rogue replies.

"Are you sure?" The man suspiciously squinted at you, through the fog of alcohol poisoning.

"Surely sure" Rogue says, ignoring the man and just helping him in to the caravan.

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"That's fine with me." Twilight says. "Who's fit enough to go first?"

She then remembered. "Ah yes, what did you all discover in our absence?"

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"Voice? What did it say?" Rain asks, leaning forward curiously, "Something cryptic and spooky im sure." She smiles slightly, "And any drugs or alcohol during this time?" Rain asks, sounding more and more like a cop with each passing moment.

Circi looks up to Twilight, "We chased off a rat!" She says with some enthusiasm, "Rain picked him out, and from what I understand she was gathering information and was warning bastila when he 'pissed off' we chased him and he ran off back south. Instead of up north where he said he was going." She shrugs, "Rains doing some questioning... thats about it."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 44]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 44  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum