The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim

+2
Silent Mist/Moon Dusts
Disgruntled purple
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 26]

526Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Tue 2 Oct - 22:02

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

As the bridge shakes, Twilight tries to flap her wings to keep steady. She reaches a hand out to Tomas to hold him up telekinetically, aiding in his retrieval. This, however, does dim the light.

"We can discuss the details later, let's get a decent foothold first!"

She goes to walk again, trying to keep steady. She does not look okay with all this.

527Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 3 Oct - 10:23

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

A growing stream of after images clouds Twilight's mind with each passing second, the longer she looks at the glowing liquid below. There was something so terrifying about it, like looking at yourself in the mirror and witnessing your entire life flash by.

Tomas caught on what was happening and pushed Twilight along, averting her gaze from the liquid below.

"Don't look down, come on. We can do this" he quietly said, out of breath, trying to rush down the bridge by your side.

The shadowy creatures behind you had stepped onto the bridge as well, rushing towards you. A palpable feeling of violence and terror was emanating from them, twisting and poisoning the air, where ever they stepped.

You're almost at the door now, Tomas hastily called out to you, to increase pace. Each one of your footsteps loudly echoed throughout the cave, returning as bizarre distorted sounds that sent small shivers down your back.

"...I'm just behind the next door." the female voice called in your head: "...don't die"

With a slam of his shoulder, Tomas threw himself at the door. It opened more easily than he expected, making him trip.

A round, poorly lit room came into view, filled with bizarre looking statues, carved into its walls. Some sort of object was built out of stone in the middle, you've no idea what it is, but it reminded you of a fountain.

Someone was sitting on it, just on its edge. A figure, seemingly made out of blue light, its presence seemingly lit up the surroundings.

"...close the door behind you" you heard a voice in your head. As if in confirmation, the figure before you nodded in unison:
"...don't let the creatures get in. If they reach you... you'll suffer a mental breakdown. One you won't be able to shake off"

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

528Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 3 Oct - 10:42

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain steps forward crossing her arms, "For whom do we owe the pleasure of giving us this guiding voice?" She asks being rather skeptical but not hostile with her words, "Forgive me for being... Curious but everyone we have met from here so far has been incredibly dangerous, and taken down an entire fleet of ships." She frowns.

529Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 3 Oct - 21:07

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:A growing stream of after images clouds Twilight's mind with each passing second, the longer she looks at the glowing liquid below. There was something so terrifying about it, like looking at yourself in the mirror and witnessing your entire life flash by.

Tomas caught on what was happening and pushed Twilight along, averting her gaze from the liquid below.

"Don't look down, come on. We can do this" he quietly said, out of breath, trying to rush down the bridge by your side.

The shadowy creatures behind you had stepped onto the bridge as well, rushing towards you. A palpable feeling of violence and terror was emanating from them, twisting and poisoning the air, where ever they stepped.

You're almost at the door now, Tomas hastily called out to you, to increase pace. Each one of your footsteps loudly echoed throughout the cave, returning as bizarre distorted sounds that sent small shivers down your back.

"...I'm just behind the next door." the female voice called in your head: "...don't die"

With a slam of his shoulder, Tomas threw himself at the door. It opened more easily than he expected, making him trip.

A round, poorly lit room came into view, filled with bizarre looking statues, carved into its walls. Some sort of object was built out of stone in the middle, you've no idea what it is, but it reminded you of a fountain.

Someone was sitting on it, just on its edge. A figure, seemingly made out of blue light, its presence seemingly lit up the surroundings.

"...close the door behind you" you heard a voice in your head. As if in confirmation, the figure before you nodded in unison:
"...don't let the creatures get in. If they reach you... you'll suffer a mental breakdown. One you won't be able to shake off"

"Fine, I just like to be sure what's going on" Rogue says, waiting until everyone has come through the door before closing it.

530Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 3 Oct - 22:15

Dan One

Dan One

Radiance sprints through the door followed by Dunemere who closes the last bit of distance with a leap and a roll through to the other side.

The blind man takes a spot along the wall, leaning against it with folded arms. He listens to the figure in front of everyone, looking for any peculiar sounds coming from it.

Dunemere immediately walks up to one of the statues and starts to closely examine it.

531Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 3 Oct - 23:02

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

As soon as you close the door, you hear something slam against it, on the other side. Disturbing shrieks and wails echo from there, tiny claws pounding and scratching at the door, biting it then crying in pain.

Tomas jerked away it, taking hold of Rogues shoulder in fear. His face was a little pale. When he turned around, the blue shining figure was still sitting on the edge of the 'fountain', in the middle of the room.

She was quietly watching you, trying to understand what to make of you.
Long, dark blue hair fell over her shoulders. A teal colored dress, some unfamiliar flowers in her hair. She sat in silence, her clothes barely making a sound.
The longer you looked at her, the more her appearance seemed alien, bizarre and unfamiliar. For some reason, she was transparent, you could see right through her.

The woman in the blue dress sat patiently in silence, quietly watching you and the pause began to drag on.

Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Witche10

After several moments, you felt a voice in your head:

"...I am what you see"

The woman didn't audibly speak. You didn't see her lips move or heard any sound. The words simply formed inside your head, and you were sure they weren't your own thoughts, but belonged to somebody else.

As if in confirmation, the woman nodded to you.

"...you're not.. human.. are you" Tomas quietly asked.

"No" the woman shook her head: "I am not." Once again, her lips didn't move, you simply felts words forming inside your head. It was odd.

"...what is this place?" Tomas asked, looking at the round room.

"...you are asleep. We are inside the depths of your mind" the woman slightly articulated with her hands, waving them across the room, as if showing its features:
"The images you see before you, is a memory of mine. I am projecting it into your mind.

Truth be told, I've never managed to establish such a strong connection with anyone before.
It must mean you're in a state of deep sleep.
"

"Y-you mean, we're in a coma??" Tom asked, horrified.

"...I do not know" the woman shook her head: "I only know you are asleep"

She peacefully gazes at you, her blue eyes slightly shining in the dark. Her sight slightly shifted to Rain:

"...so long as two different beings exist in this world, there will be disagreement. There will be possible conflict. It is the byproduct of our individuality, for no two people are the same.
I'm asking you to look past that.
"

She nodded toward the closed door behind you, where the slight scratches and shrieks could be heard:
"...the darkness descends upon us equally. It does not care about our conflicts."

Her blue eyes shifted to you again:

"Its going to get worse you know. The mental breakdowns, I mean.
Your world is on the brink of extinction.
There's not much time left.
"

"What are you talking about?" Tomas slowly exhaled.

"I'm dying" the woman simply replied: "All of my strength is going towards maintaining this connection to your mind. I don't know how long I can hold it, or if I'll be able to speak with you again, so the time for questions is limited.

There is something I must tell you, before I loose strength.

If you're quick, then, perhaps you can save your world.
" the woman sighed.

Upon examining the room around you, it seems it was made in the shape of a half sphere. The ceiling was round. Upon examining the statues that were carved into the walls, you could only tell they depicted some sort of creatures, completely alien and unfamiliar to you.
It reminded you of a bipedal, winged wolf, more than anything, its jaws agape, eyes staring blank into space.

532Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Wed 3 Oct - 23:58

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:As soon as you close the door, you hear something slam against it, on the other side. Disturbing shrieks and wails echo from there, tiny claws pounding and scratching at the door, biting it then crying in pain.

Tomas jerked away it, taking hold of Rogues shoulder in fear. His face was a little pale. When he turned around, the blue shining figure was still sitting on the edge of the 'fountain', in the middle of the room.

She was quietly watching you, trying to understand what to make of you.
Long, dark blue hair fell over her shoulders. A teal colored dress, some unfamiliar flowers in her hair. She sat in silence, her clothes barely making a sound.
The longer you looked at her, the more her appearance seemed alien, bizarre and unfamiliar. For some reason, she was transparent, you could see right through her.

The woman in the blue dress sat patiently in silence, quietly watching you and the pause began to drag on.

Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Witche10

After several moments, you felt a voice in your head:

"...I am what you see"

The woman didn't audibly speak. You didn't see her lips move or heard any sound. The words simply formed inside your head, and you were sure they weren't your own thoughts, but belonged to somebody else.

As if in confirmation, the woman nodded to you.

"...you're not.. human.. are you" Tomas quietly asked.

"No" the woman shook her head: "I am not." Once again, her lips didn't move, you simply felts words forming inside your head. It was odd.

"...what is this place?" Tomas asked, looking at the round room.

"...you are asleep. We are inside the depths of your mind" the woman slightly articulated with her hands, waving them across the room, as if showing its features:
"The images you see before you, is a memory of mine. I am projecting it into your mind.

Truth be told, I've never managed to establish such a strong connection with anyone before.
It must mean you're in a state of deep sleep.
"

"Y-you mean, we're in a coma??" Tom asked, horrified.

"...I do not know" the woman shook her head: "I only know you are asleep"

She peacefully gazes at you, her blue eyes slightly shining in the dark. Her sight slightly shifted to Rain:

"...so long as two different beings exist in this world, there will be disagreement. There will be possible conflict. It is the byproduct of our individuality, for no two people are the same.
I'm asking you to look past that.
"

She nodded toward the closed door behind you, where the slight scratches and shrieks could be heard:
"...the darkness descends upon us equally. It does not care about our conflicts."

Her blue eyes shifted to you again:

"Its going to get worse you know. The mental breakdowns, I mean.
Your world is on the brink of extinction.
There's not much time left.
"

"What are you talking about?" Tomas slowly exhaled.

"I'm dying" the woman simply replied: "All of my strength is going towards maintaining this connection to your mind. I don't know how long I can hold it, or if I'll be able to speak with you again, so the time for questions is limited.

There is something I must tell you, before I loose strength.

If you're quick, then, perhaps you can save your world.
" the woman sighed.

Upon examining the room around you, it seems it was made in the shape of a half sphere. The ceiling was round. Upon examining the statues that were carved into the walls, you could only tell they depicted some sort of creatures, completely alien and unfamiliar to you.
It reminded you of a bipedal, winged wolf, more than anything, its jaws agape, eyes staring blank into space.

"Alright, we'll here you out, least we can do, but I just want it known that we're taking a lot on faith here" Rogue says, "Questions. Do you know how fast time flows here in this dream compared to the waking world, you said if we died here we'd die there too, but I'm also concerned about dying back there, we weren't exactly in the safest place for a snooze, and if time here flows in real time essentially, if that helicopter blows we'll all be toast and this'll all be for naught.

And who are you, you mentioned that you were dying and it was using up all your power to speak to us, but why help us at all, what is your connection to all this, is your current state an effect of the magic drain, and this dream we are in, is it from the Witcher's world, is it relevant in some way to our situation, and what is the point of the madness?"

533Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 4 Oct - 7:58

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"To be fair, it's kind of a miracle that people actually put faith in our group in the first place, if you think about it." Twilight says snidely. "So I think we can indulge her request quite easily."

Finally in a less dangerous location, Twilight makes an observation. It makes her a bit nervous, having a feeling she's gonna have to assume the worst. "Um, above that long list of questions, I have one... Where's Harlequin? Where's Councilor li-Asteria? If it's mostly our group, then shouldn't she here be as well?"

534Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 4 Oct - 8:07

Dan One

Dan One

"I prefer to judge people as a whole and not by just one action or statement" Radiance casually gestures with a hand "I would like to know your name."

Dunemere sketches the room, including the figure. "Why isn't the entire planet here? We've all been having the dream about this door so there only six of us?"

535Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 4 Oct - 11:30

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Rogue Fire wrote:"Alright, we'll here you out, least we can do, but I just want it known that we're taking a lot on faith here"

"I know" the woman nodded: "I only came with a warning and a possible solution.
Whether you should trust me or not, is a decision you'll have to make.
I don't have the means to persuade you, either way.
"

Rogue Fire wrote:"Do you know how fast time flows here in this dream compared to the waking world, you said if we died here we'd die there too, but I'm also concerned about dying back there, we weren't exactly in the safest place for a snooze, and if time here flows in real time essentially, if that helicopter blows we'll all be toast and this'll all be for naught.

The woman looks at you in mild confusion:

"...what.. is a helicopter?..... no, never mind.

The time in your world flows in a confusing manner. I do not know how much time passed there, or how it flows compared to this dream.
If you are in danger, in the real world, I'm saddened to say, there's nothing I can do.

I cannot force you to wake up. I don't have that power. Its something you must do on your own, when your body will allow it.
All I can do is communicate with you, when you are asleep."

Radiance wrote:Radiance casually gestures with a hand "I would like to know your name."
Rogue Fire wrote:who are you, you mentioned that you were dying and it was using up all your power to speak to us, but why help us at all, what is your connection to all this, is your current state an effect of the magic drain, and this dream we are in, is it from the Witcher's world, is it relevant in some way to our situation, and what is the point of the madness?"

The woman waited a moment, before replying:

"...I am called Lucretia.

I am a living being, who lives in another world. Many different beings live beside me, Witcher's are one of them.
Unfortunately... a great darkness is consuming my world. And its beginning to spill out into yours
"

"Umm.." Tomas fidgeted in place: "..when you say darkness... do you mean.. literally?..."

The woman blinked very slowly: "I am speaking figuratively" she nodded towards the door again:
"The creatures you hear on the other side of that door. They are the cause of your mental breakdowns.
Your minds are naturally vulnerable to their influence. Fear, violence, death, they can project those emotions into your mind, over a great distance. And they do so at every opportunity.
If their power grows strong enough, they can even push you into committing acts of violence on their behalf, and against your will
"

The woman slightly waved her hand, looking around the room:

"...this... image... this safe area, that I'm showing your mind, it is about the only thing I can do, to ward off the creatures of darkness, make sure they can't reach your mind.
A... metaphorical door, between you and them... it is all I can do
" she nodded toward the door again.

"I am talking to you over a very long distance, a communication between worlds" the woman continued:
"Like you, I am laying unconscious. And the darkness is killing me.
I don't have much time left, that's why, its imperative I bestow my knowledge upon you, so you'll at least have a chance of saving your world.
"

Dunemere wrote:"Why isn't the entire planet here? We've all been having the dream about this door so there only six of us?"

"Yes, I have been desperately trying to reach anyone I can, in hopes that at least someone will hear me"
The woman nodded:

"Unfortunately your minds are too... busy... to clouded with conscious thought. Establishing any form of connection while you are awake, proved impossible.
It is only when you are asleep, was I able to at least show you some image, of a warning and a possible solution.

But, it seems my struggles were in vain. Even after all this time, I couldn't clearly convey my thoughts to anyone.
"

The woman sighed, before looking at you again:

"...the connection we established now, is exceptionally strong. I haven't been able to establish one like it, with anyone.
The only possible explanation, is that you fell into a state of very deep sleep. Deeper than usual and deeper that most. That is the only explanation I have
"

Tomas grimly looked down: "...so.. that confirms it... we're in a coma."

"I do not know" the woman shook her head: "I'm sorry"

Twilight wrote:Where's Harlequin? Where's Councilor li-Asteria? If it's mostly our group, then shouldn't she here be as well?"

"...I do not know whom you speak of" the woman quietly said: "...I only know she is not asleep"

"Is... is she..." Tomas quietly mumbled: "...is she alive?"

"I do not know. I'm sorry" the woman quietly said: "I could only reach those who fell asleep"

She heavily sighed and looked at you:

"Our time is at an end. I'm reaching my limit.
I do not know how much longer I can survive, or if we'll ever speak again, so please listen carefully.

Have you memorized it?
The landscape outside? The location of this tomb? The path to it?
You'll have to find it in real life.
"

The woman grimly looked at you with determination:

"...go to the other world. Find this tomb.
At its heart, in this very room, you will find an artifact.

It is your only hope of salvation.
The only hope of saving your world.
"

536Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 4 Oct - 18:17

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"So... We have been picked for ANOTHER adventure like this?" She sighs. "Okay people, let's see who's crazy enough to be send in there with the information given here."

She looks up at the ceiling, thinking. "... Guys, there might a chance we're safer then the situation we were in before. However, if that's true, then..." She looks down. "... You're in a better place then me, Asteria." She sighs.

537Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 4 Oct - 19:22

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Blue, blonde and purple wrote:"So... We have been picked for ANOTHER adventure like this?" She sighs. "Okay people, let's see who's crazy enough to be send in there with the information given here."

She looks up at the ceiling, thinking. "... Guys, there might a chance we're safer then the situation we were in before. However, if that's true, then..." She looks down. "... You're in a better place then me, Asteria." She sighs.

"Well, we were headed to the Witcher's world already, at least now we actually have a plan of action of sorts" Rogue shrugs.

538Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 4 Oct - 19:24

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:
Rogue Fire wrote:"Alright, we'll here you out, least we can do, but I just want it known that we're taking a lot on faith here"

"I know" the woman nodded: "I only came with a warning and a possible solution.
Whether you should trust me or not, is a decision you'll have to make.
I don't have the means to persuade you, either way.
"

Rogue Fire wrote:"Do you know how fast time flows here in this dream compared to the waking world, you said if we died here we'd die there too, but I'm also concerned about dying back there, we weren't exactly in the safest place for a snooze, and if time here flows in real time essentially, if that helicopter blows we'll all be toast and this'll all be for naught.

The woman looks at you in mild confusion:

"...what.. is a helicopter?..... no, never mind.

The time in your world flows in a confusing manner. I do not know how much time passed there, or how it flows compared to this dream.
If you are in danger, in the real world, I'm saddened to say, there's nothing I can do.

I cannot force you to wake up. I don't have that power. Its something you must do on your own, when your body will allow it.
All I can do is communicate with you, when you are asleep."

Radiance wrote:Radiance casually gestures with a hand "I would like to know your name."
Rogue Fire wrote:who are you, you mentioned that you were dying and it was using up all your power to speak to us, but why help us at all, what is your connection to all this, is your current state an effect of the magic drain, and this dream we are in, is it from the Witcher's world, is it relevant in some way to our situation, and what is the point of the madness?"

The woman waited a moment, before replying:

"...I am called Lucretia.

I am a living being, who lives in another world. Many different beings live beside me, Witcher's are one of them.
Unfortunately... a great darkness is consuming my world. And its beginning to spill out into yours
"

"Umm.." Tomas fidgeted in place: "..when you say darkness... do you mean.. literally?..."

The woman blinked very slowly: "I am speaking figuratively" she nodded towards the door again:
"The creatures you hear on the other side of that door. They are the cause of your mental breakdowns.
Your minds are naturally vulnerable to their influence. Fear, violence, death, they can project those emotions into your mind, over a great distance. And they do so at every opportunity.
If their power grows strong enough, they can even push you into committing acts of violence on their behalf, and against your will
"

The woman slightly waved her hand, looking around the room:

"...this... image... this safe area, that I'm showing your mind, it is about the only thing I can do, to ward off the creatures of darkness, make sure they can't reach your mind.
A... metaphorical door, between you and them... it is all I can do
" she nodded toward the door again.

"I am talking to you over a very long distance, a communication between worlds" the woman continued:
"Like you, I am laying unconscious. And the darkness is killing me.
I don't have much time left, that's why, its imperative I bestow my knowledge upon you, so you'll at least have a chance of saving your world.
"

Dunemere wrote:"Why isn't the entire planet here? We've all been having the dream about this door so there only six of us?"

"Yes, I have been desperately trying to reach anyone I can, in hopes that at least someone will hear me"
The woman nodded:

"Unfortunately your minds are too... busy... to clouded with conscious thought. Establishing any form of connection while you are awake, proved impossible.
It is only when you are asleep, was I able to at least show you some image, of a warning and a possible solution.

But, it seems my struggles were in vain. Even after all this time, I couldn't clearly convey my thoughts to anyone.
"

The woman sighed, before looking at you again:

"...the connection we established now, is exceptionally strong. I haven't been able to establish one like it, with anyone.
The only possible explanation, is that you fell into a state of very deep sleep. Deeper than usual and deeper that most. That is the only explanation I have
"

Tomas grimly looked down: "...so.. that confirms it... we're in a coma."

"I do not know" the woman shook her head: "I'm sorry"

Twilight wrote:Where's Harlequin? Where's Councilor li-Asteria? If it's mostly our group, then shouldn't she here be as well?"

"...I do not know whom you speak of" the woman quietly said: "...I only know she is not asleep"

"Is... is she..." Tomas quietly mumbled: "...is she alive?"

"I do not know. I'm sorry" the woman quietly said: "I could only reach those who fell asleep"

She heavily sighed and looked at you:

"Our time is at an end. I'm reaching my limit.
I do not know how much longer I can survive, or if we'll ever speak again, so please listen carefully.

Have you memorized it?
The landscape outside? The location of this tomb? The path to it?
You'll have to find it in real life.
"

The woman grimly looked at you with determination:

"...go to the other world. Find this tomb.
At its heart, in this very room, you will find an artifact.

It is your only hope of salvation.
The only hope of saving your world.
"

"And what about you and your world, you said you were being attacked by this force as well" Rogue says "If we get this artifact, will it help you and your world too, and how will we recognise it?"

539Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 4 Oct - 19:33

Dan One

Dan One

"On the bright side," Radiance smirks "At least we're getting a briefing and not just getting thrown in. But I will agree it is getting a little annoying being apart of the annual world destruction parade."

Dunemere turns away from the statue "If you exist inside the Witcher world, then is there someone close to you that knows all of this that we could seek out?"

540Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Thu 4 Oct - 20:01

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Dunemere wrote:"On the bright side," Radiance smirks "At least we're getting a briefing and not just getting thrown in. But I will agree it is getting a little annoying being apart of the annual world destruction parade."

"Which is why I will pass on it." She says with a firm tone. "I'll go if there's no other option, but ideally I'll send someone in my place. There are other tasks that need my attention as well, especially with the current state of the world."

541Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 5 Oct - 4:30

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain had been taking this time to look her over, "You... look like me... same colors... apart from the hair of course..." she raises her brow, "Its kind of uncanny..." her eyes suddenly turn to twilight, "The death of my wife is not yet confirmed." She glares , "...And if she is gone..." she looks ahead, eyes locked on the transperant woman.

542Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 5 Oct - 8:04

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

The woman tried to reply but silently gasped and the foundations of the room began to shake. The colors faded from your vision, making everything blur, as a dark haze enveloped you.

Lucretia only had time to look at Rogue and release a small smile:

"...you have a kind heart... bye-bye"

Dreams are an odd occurrence. Some we wish to escape, others, we want to drag on, to see how it ends, trying with all of our might to hang on to its fleeting image, even as our body begins to wake up.
But the more we hang on to it, the more conscious thoughts enter our mind, slowly and steadily pulling us out of the dream, until we wake up, no longer sure if what we saw was a subconscious product of our minds, or something we consciously imaged while already awake, something that was never a part of the dream to begin with.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your back hurt, laying for so long in bed was threatening to give you some bed sores. You exhaled and shifted your weight. Your whole body felt sluggish and numb, hurting all over. Your vision didn't return for several seconds, leaving you to only gaze at the surroundings through a blurry haze.

The rhythmic beeping of monitors, gentle footsteps and quiet conversations began reaching your ears. You couldn't hear what the people were talking about, their voices too hushed, too far away.

Your body felt too stiff and you tried to stretch, which sent a paralyzing sting of pain through your body. The wounds of the recent battle began making themselves known.

After a few minutes, the spacial orientation finally returned to you.
You were laying in a series of stretchers or makeshift beds, in the middle of a room, that looked so old, its paint was coming off the walls in several places.

There were wounded everywhere, sitting or laying in bed, some conscious, others asleep. There was about 20 people here.
Through an open doorway that had no door, you could see some green medical drapes that divided the room from the rest of the building, and on the other side, you could see a desk filled with blurry monitors and people hunched over them, standing up without any chairs and quietly talking.

Once you heard it, Councilor Mercers voice was hard to mistake. You could see her outline, on the other side of the drapes in the next room, as she spoke into a phone, hunched over a monitor:

"...-just get it done. I don't care how... this isn't the time to throw blame around and I'm not holding you responsible... just... do what you can"

Looking around the room again, you notice several familiar people around you.

Harlequin was laying in bed, a few beds away, quietly staring at the ceiling with an empty, blank stare. Her expression was colorless, devoid of emotion.
Her stomach was tightly bandaged, showing dry bloodstains in several places.

Tomas was sitting on a stretcher nearby, covered in a thin blanket. He was leaning against the wall, his head hanging down slightly.
Both of his cybernetic eyes were still shattered, revealing the circuits inside. One of his arms was missing, a metal stump in its place.

Amy was sitting on the floor next to him and gently holding his shoulder.

Rain, Twilight, Rogue, Dunemere and Radiance were also laying in beds, next to you, they seemed to have woken up around the same time as you.

When you look forward, you suddenly spot another figure, sitting on a nearby bed and hugging her legs. Her face half hidden behind her knees, the silver hair falling slightly over her shoulders.

Kaylee Brown was sitting on a bed, just a few feet away. She wore a sleeveless white shirt, both of her arms completely covered in blood stained bandages, long traces of blood coming through.
You've seen enough sword wounds to recognize them immediately.
She's been through a very rough sword fight. Both of her hands were badly cut up.

She doesn't seem to notice that you are awake, and just blankly stared into space.
Just like Harlequin, her expression was colorless, devoid of emotion.

The sound of medical equipment around you and people quietly talking outside the room, were the only noises you heard.

543Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 5 Oct - 8:31

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain breaths slowly, letting each breath come in, and each one out, she focuses on her breathing, her eyes slowly opening, "Mmmngh... fuck..." she groans.

Fire walks through the building stepping foot into the room looking to see her sister, the moment she lays eyes on mercer her expression goes from worried to something of pure rage, "Where the FUCK were you?!" She says quitely, clearly very angry but trying to respect the silence, "That goddamn admiral is a madman!" She growls, the glow in her eyes hot and easily convaying her emotions, "Rain is in a coma, Her wife is almost fucking dead, Twilight is in the same coma..." she points to tomas, "Hes missing two eyes and an arm!" She places a hand on her chest, "The costs of which i will pay for by the way, upgraded and even better then your last ones, very high end for your exeptional service." Her attention goes back to mercer, "Your YOUR!" her voice raises only for a moment as she chews mercer out, "...admeral decided it was a better idea to go around and flaunt the power the equestria doesn't fucking have instead of using the union to his advantage. Im sure he will plead his case and use what he did against us like the little political coward rat he is... I expect you to support us on getting that fucking retard fired." She pushes her out of the way with her shoulder as she steps past the curtains, "Well well well... If it isn't my favorite saviors of the world."

544Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 5 Oct - 8:33

Dan One

Dan One

As soon as he is awake he takes a breath then, forcing his body to move Radiance sits up with something of a growl. As his sensei had been teaching him, 'pain was only the mind'. As he moved, everything still hurt like a bitch. Even with his entirely black field of vision, he could swear the edges got lighter for a moment.

"Fire, I see you're angry as usual."

Dunemere's eyes dart open and she grips the bed beside her. Winces from the muscles tensing then relaxes after a moment. She only lays trying to go over what just happened over the past day or so. She had no idea how much time had passed since she had left her home in Verria to help.

545Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 5 Oct - 9:11

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"As if this situation couldn't get any worse..." Twilight says weakly as Firewing storms inside. She lets out a sigh. "That's life I guess."

She tried sitting up, groaning all the way. Once she managed that, she stayed that way. She looked 100% done with everything.

"Okay, how much has the world gone to hell? What do we have to take responsibilty for now? And can that be explained in a way that isn't laced with tourettes syndrome?"

546Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 5 Oct - 9:29

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"Well im sorry Twilight. You know how I get when things aren't... how would i put this... gone to shit? Yeah... that." She frowns, "Kill count is in the thousands, everyone Is dying... nahh im screwing with you..." she raises a brow, "Though I take it you think this is a bad time for jokes. I see... let me just write that down for my phyciatric report... oh wait... i dont have my notepad. Wait... yes i do..." her wrist opens up and with a flick of her other hand she despenses a pen from her wrist, "Just a moment." She talks under her breath, "Twilight... is... salty... Everything... is... normal..." she clears her throat and crumples up the paper before throwing it behind her, placing her hands behind her back and giving a smile to everyone.

547Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 5 Oct - 20:15

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Firewing wrote:the moment she lays eyes on mercer her expression goes from worried to something of pure rage, "Where the FUCK were you?!" She says quitely, clearly very angry but trying to respect the silence

Mercer paused, looking at Fire. She was clearly caught off balance and couldn't reply right away. She waited a moment, then exhaled, looking at the floor with regret.

From inside the room, you heard a faint sobbing. Kaylee heard Fire's outburst and her eyes filled up with tears almost immediately. She hid herself completely behind her knees, quietly and hopelessly crying, as if a fresh wound was just torn open again.

Mercer shuffled her feet, avoiding eye contact, her expression saddened and grim:
"...I will brief you, after you've had time to spend with your family... please excuse me for now, I need to keep working" she stiffly turned away and refocused on the data displayed on the monitors.

Kaylee was quietly crying in bed. For some reason, Fire's words seemed to cut her like a knife.
Mercer wasn't doing much better, her face was a neutral mask, but her eyes looked haunted and sad.

You noticed Harlequin slightly shift in her bed. She moved her head a little, looking at everyone with a pale, empty stare.
No one really spoke, for a long time, and the longer the silence dragged on, the more you got the feeling that everyone was aware of something horrible, except you.

Harlequin broke the silence, after several minutes:

"...I'm glad you woke up. You've been unconscious for 3 days... everyone was.. worried.." she quietly said.

548Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 5 Oct - 20:40

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

She looks across the beds, "Goddamn right we were worried... listen as much of a hard time im giving you. Im happy your all ok." She looks away a moment, "I haven't been in my best of mindsets lately." She sighs, "Thing are... Intresting to say the least" she clears her throat, "God Kaylee... im sorry what happened to the equestrian fleet, im sure its scary knowing you could have beem there. Im sure you have your regrets." She slowly moves up to the woman, leaning down and placing a hand on her arm, "Hay, look at these." She smiles carefully drawing a finger across one of her cuts being careful not to hurt her, "These... these make you a warrior, these heal and make you stronger you learn from these." She looks up at her, the faint glow in her eyes looking into the girl, "These witchers are feirce... your an exeptional soldier Kaylee, Never forget that." She chuckles, "You should have seen me back in my years. I'd take my shirt off and there would just be this giant scratch along my stomach." She draws a line across the girls belly, "People in bars would whistle and flirt but then they'ed notice the scratch and be like "Oh my god... what happened?! Thats a wicked scar, I bet it hurt." She chuckles, "then i'd lean in and say, "No shit shirlock, its not like i got it relaxing in a goddamn spa." She laughs.

Her eyes turn to mercer again, "Im sorry..." she says quitely, "You know... its... not your fault." She looks down, "Im worried abouy you... About all of you." She cracks a smile, "to be honest all this anger is better spent in the bedroom." She smirks at mercer.

"Last time i seen you with that i was at home with dad helping him with the garden"r ain smiles weakly

Last edited by A Sinner on Fri 5 Oct - 20:56; edited 1 time in total

549Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 5 Oct - 20:54

Dan One

Dan One

"So, is someone going to tell us what happened?" Radiance slides his legs over and lets his feet hang off the bed. "Judging by the doom and gloom in the room things haven't gone well. I know I'd prefer to have all the bad news at the front and not be spoon fed it over the day"

Dunemere rolls onto her stomach and lets out a sigh. Her gaze moves over to Harlequin but her head still remains facing the wall. She appears lost in thought. Carrying the expression of someone who spent a weekend getting blackout drunk and is trying to put the pieces back together.

"Where is my family?" she asks with a soft tone.

550Witchers of Nifelheim - Page 22 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim Fri 5 Oct - 21:58

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

A Sinner wrote:"Well im sorry Twilight. You know how I get when things aren't... how would i put this... gone to shit? Yeah... that." She frowns, "Kill count is in the thousands, everyone Is dying... nahh im screwing with you..." she raises a brow, "Though I take it you think this is a bad time for jokes. I see... let me just write that down for my phyciatric report... oh wait... i dont have my notepad. Wait... yes i do..." her wrist opens up and with a flick of her other hand she despenses a pen from her wrist, "Just a moment." She talks under her breath, "Twilight... is... salty... Everything... is... normal..." she clears her throat and crumples up the paper before throwing it behind her, placing her hands behind her back and giving a smile to everyone.

"Ha" Rogue vocalises roughly, "That's a report I can get behind."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum