The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Slavegear - Part 4

+3
Kaylee Brown
Dallas courtright
Rogue Fire
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 18]

126Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Fri 24 Mar - 3:15

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"I.. no! The calculations were correct!" Marek looked away scowling: "...the virus will work. It poses no danger to my people.. we've checked. We verified everything.."

For a moment he seemed off balance, but he quickly regained his composure:

"..the virus works. I'm sure of it. Anyone with a trace of batpony DNA in their body, will live. A pegasi or unicorn or anyone that had a batpony ancestor, will also live. The DNA is still in their blood...
I have no cause for concern.." he looked away. A level of unease lingering behind his eyes:

"As for Johan, yes, I knocked him out. But I didn't kill him. No permanent damage was done.
He grew up in relative isolation, naive to the reality of the world. I had to take steps to make sure he didn't sabotage my plans, while also making sure he survived."

Johan slowly came closer, frowning: "...I.. I never asked for this" he quietly said, looking at Marek:
"..this.. 'gift'... you want to grant me... I don't want it. I don't want to walk an empty earth, where every city is a graveyard. There will be nothing left"

"There will be Nyx" Marek quietly said.

Kaylee quietly looked at Rain: "..they must have counted that one as well. The satellite images showed a car leaving the lab, long before we arrived. The last canister must have been there"

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

127Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Fri 24 Mar - 7:49

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight looks down. "To be honest, I was against the Union in the first place. It sounds ideal, a world at peace through rules and trust by a single council. But two of my fears have just been spelled out by you here. The first is that the nations will always still choose themselves rather then the Union if given the option. I speak it out loud, and Gerra showed it through hiding weapons of mass destruction. And the second is that the world becomes so bright that the shadow casted becomes even bigger. Resulting in something like you."

She sighs. "Finding a pony with a specific canister is worse then finding a needle in a haystack. There's no telling where it is, how it moves, where she dropped the vehicle. All we know, it's out there."

She rubs her chin, in thought. Then, she took a bold stance. "Search the lab! Data of it must be somewhere! Get all information you can get, spreading speed, time of lingering incubation time, all of it!"

She then turns to Marek. "I suppose you hold a mayor advantage now. Maybe almost won. Congratulations...." Her now takes on a particulary venomous tone.

"Master."

128Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Fri 24 Mar - 8:50

Dan One

Dan One

(Tarmikos)
"But your not sure are you? That lingering doubt in your eyes asking if you really doomed your own race." Tarmikos spoke up again, briefly glanced at Twilight, then back to Marek "but the master does know what's best for his people right? Not ask how they feel and just sweep any who step out of line under the rug."

129Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Fri 24 Mar - 17:47

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain leans against the doorframe listening to the group. They were tearing him apart, but not in the way she had originally thought. She pushes herself off the doorframe and jogs through the building, searching for any useful room.

130Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Fri 24 Mar - 20:44

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

"I guess you hope this will fix everything. What about the unicorns and pegasi that remain? What if batponies do die? What if you gave just doomed your own people." She asked as she stood in front of him.

131Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Sun 26 Mar - 21:25

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Marek's expression became distorted by an ugly scowl, as he looked at Twilight and Tarmikos:

"..do not mock me" he quietly hissed through gritted teeth: "I have walked this earth far longer than you did. Or is this how you treat all your elders?"

He was heavily breathing. For the first time, open hostility and deep seeded hatred reflected over his face:

"..most of my people have been forced to lead a relatively sheltered life. They are disconnected from reality. Just like Johan, as kind and caring as he may be, he does not understand how cruel, cunning and malicious the outside world is.

I am leading my people and imposing this vision upon them, because I am older and more experienced then they are. Like a parent, preventing his child from touching a burning hot light bulb, so he won't be burned, I must lead my people away from destruction.

I am not doing this, because I am their master" Marek quietly hissed under his breath, his voice dangerously low:

"I am doing this, because I am older and more experienced, and I know what will happen if we sit back and do nothing"

Kaylee slightly inched toward Twilight and Tarmikos and quietly whispered: "..tone it down, we won't get his cooperation if we piss him off"

Marek turned toward Moon Dusts. He still seems to be scowling: "And what would you have me do? How else am I to safeguard Nyx from the likes of Gerra and Artemis? Who's going to stop them and people like them, from endlessly trying to take over my homeland?!

You? Them?!" He pointed at Twilight and Tarmikos:

"Why don't you give me an alternative! Give me at least one way, I can keep my people safe, indefinitely! Make me believe it can happen!
And I will stop that canister myself if I have to!"

Harlequin inched away, pressing her hand to her earpiece. She seems to be talking to the forces outside. After a moment she called:

"Twilight, the bio-hazard teams have entered the lab and they're turning it upside down, but it will take time. If there's any useful data here, they'll find it.

Also, we're pulling all available satellite footage over the area. We'll try to track the cars movement as much as we can. If it entered a city, we can pull security camera footage off the streets.

The Union police force and military around the globe are being notified as we speak. They will begin locking down means of long distance transportation, airports, trains, ships, hopefully we can isolate the agent and box her in.

Everyone is looking for her and we're trying to get our hands on her picture, so we'll have her description.

For now, it seems best to head back to the chopper and await further news. We need to be ready to move out at a moments notice, if someone spots the agent with the canister somewhere"

Harlequin paused, then called Rain over the radio:
"Rain, lets regroup back at the chopper. The bio-hazard teams will take it from here"

132Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Sun 26 Mar - 22:43

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

"Marek, I am willing to bet I am far older than you. Doing this will not result in harmony. Instead, you will just have a world of those who love you and those who despise you with every inch of their being. There will be fighting, and your people will die. This is not a solution." She scowled

133Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Sun 26 Mar - 23:24

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight began to ponder, first taking a glance at Moondusts.

"That's true, strive would exist in that world, just on a vastly smaller scale. The resentment would fester in those that would live through it. I know that, this journey has robbed everything from us, only leaving me with PTSD. If this goes off, the ponies of Artemis and Gerra won't hurt your people anymore. But there's another side."

She looks at Marek. "You say that you have seen more then us. Correct, on the average the span of your life is bigger then ours. But, how much of that life were you happy?" She took a more disarming pose. "From what we've gathered, you have been a slave for most of your life, the labor beginning as soon as you could walk. Compared to what we have been through these last few days, we had a greater dose, but to feel similiar feelings for so long? It's much worse. But, what about the good things in life? Surely you must've seen some of that too."

She sighs. "Death is an end. But it's an absolute end to that person, both their resentment and their joy. If the process were to be reversed, it wouldn't leave such an impact. But people fear death because they also lose their joy and happiness, not just their aches and anger. When death comes, the happiness would fade, but sadness wouldn't leave, it would find itself a new pony to hold onto."

She looks at him, calmer then she believed she could be with him. "That's why I object to it. I don't have a plan for world peace or the guaranteed safety of your people ready. My life has been too bright to see what's in the dark. But that's why we need your side of the story. To know both light and dark, then understanding can be born, and peace comes along with that."

134Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Mon 27 Mar - 9:19

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain takes one last look around before grouping back up. She moves behind Harle and wraps her arms around the batponys waist, gently pulling the mare into her embrace, she watches the happenings with her head on Harles shoulder.

135Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Mon 27 Mar - 11:02

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"Its going to be okay.." Harlequin quietly said, resting her hands over Rains palms: "..we'll pull through this together"

Marek thought for a very long moment, quietly looking at Twilight and Moon.
After a minute, he released a small, cynical smile:

"So its.. that easy? Tell my side of the story. Let the media know, the world know, what it was like to live in Nyx. Tell everyone of the horrors we suffered, the pain we endured.
Tell them, what it was like, to be a slave in your own country... do you really believe it will change anything?"

"It will be a start" Kaylee quietly said: "I know it pains you to carry out your plan. Just stop it. Help us stop this"

"I didn't lie" Marek said, stepping forward: "I really have no way of contacting my agent. She has no phone, no radio"

"But if we find her, you can talk her down!" Kaylee insisted: "She'll listen to you!"

Marek looked at you with a hardened expression. A heavy struggle was happening behind his eyes.

Harlequin suddenly jolted and looked at the touch screen, strapped to her wrist:
"Heads up. We got a picture of the agent who's carrying the canister" she lifted her arm and showed you the picture.

"My god.." Kaylee quietly whispered: "..she's just a kid.. barely twenty.."

"She suffered a great deal, under the rule of the masters.." Marek quietly said: "..she won't listen to you easily"

"Then help us!" Kaylee called: "Come with us! Stand beside us and help us talk to her!"

"And what then, Kaylee Brown?" Marek grimly replied, before looking at everyone in the room:
"What will happen to my people then? If I abort my plan, what kind of future will we have? What kind of legacy will I be leaving for my people?

A brief pause in hostility, before someone tries to conquer us again?

Tell me, what would you do in my place?

If the future of Equestria was at stake, how far would you go to protect it? If your people were under constant threat of enslavement and suffering, what would you do to prevent that..

If you were in my place, right now, what would you do, knowing the fate of your nation hangs in the balance and your decision will be felt for generations to come?"

136Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Mon 27 Mar - 19:47

Dan One

Dan One

(Radiance)
Radiance 'met' Marek's eyes for a moment, as best as he could

"I don't know what I'd do in your situation, you're going through something that I don't think the majority of us in this room can even comprehend, however,

I'd want to be known as the one to show forgiveness after going through so much, to be known as the man that was brave enough to make the decision that no one expected. A parent forgiving another families parent sets an example for the children to follow. Be that example to your own people, and the rest of the world "

"That past can never be changed, but the future also won't if you keep dwelling on the past."

137Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Mon 27 Mar - 19:54

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight gives a solemn look.

"Talking about what we would and wouldn't do is only an hypothesis. We have said many things about our morals we can't up hold well. For all we know, I would do worse. But then again, you see this as a measure to protect your people. I see this as a threat to mine. We're both correct in how we feel on this, so who is wrong? Us, for hunting a batpony with a canister designed to kill us, or you, for trying to clean the world of those that would invade your country?"

She points two fingers at him, and the tips glow. "I don't know the path to peace for you. But I know that the anger and resentment that is currently here will not fade with our deaths. After all..." She pulls back her hand and places it on her temple. "If I were to do this, would that make you any happier then before? I doubt that. But it would upset the people here, my family, and my friends. For you, it just means one less pony to kill with the gas. No joy would be gained from it, right? Just sadness."

She lowers her fingers. "I have a question for you then. How is the destruction of everything else supposed to make your race prosper? You just reset to zero, the wheel has to be discovered again. Who is going to calm you people in the chaos caused by this cataclysm?"

138Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Mon 27 Mar - 20:18

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Radiance/Tarmikos/Omega wrote:(Radiance)
Radiance 'met' Marek's eyes for a moment, as best as he could

"I don't know what I'd do in your situation, you're going through something that I don't think the majority of us in this room can even comprehend, however,

I'd want to be known as the one to show forgiveness after going through so much, to be known as the man that was brave enough to make the decision that no one expected. A parent forgiving another families parent sets an example for the children to follow. Be that example to your own people, and the rest of the world "

"That past can never be changed, but the future also won't if you keep dwelling on the past."

"No, its too late for me to set an example" Marek waved his hand in dismissal: "I already caused the Slavegear incident. The only way I will go down in history, is a monster, who did the unthinkable.

And the unthinkable was necessary, because forgiveness isn't going to save my people. Forgiveness isn't going to stop Gerra from trampling over my homeland.

Even if I tell my story to the world and expose to mass media, everything that has been done to my people, raising awareness in the world, in the end, the future will not be mine to shape.

I'm growing old. I don't have much time left on this earth.
In the end, it will be you and people like you, who shape the future of my people and I'm not comfortable of entrusting it to you

We all tend to look our for our own interests first. For you, Equestria will come first. Its nothing to be ashamed of. Its a simple fact of life. People's nature" Marek quietly said.

Velvet_horse wrote:Twilight gives a solemn look.

"Talking about what we would and wouldn't do is only an hypothesis. We have said many things about our morals we can't up hold well. For all we know, I would do worse. But then again, you see this as a measure to protect your people. I see this as a threat to mine. We're both correct in how we feel on this, so who is wrong? Us, for hunting a batpony with a canister designed to kill us, or you, for trying to clean the world of those that would invade your country?"

She points two fingers at him, and the tips glow. "I don't know the path to peace for you. But I know that the anger and resentment that is currently here will not fade with our deaths. After all..." She pulls back her hand and places it on her temple. "If I were to do this, would that make you any happier then before? I doubt that. But it would upset the people here, my family, and my friends. For you, it just means one less pony to kill with the gas. No joy would be gained from it, right? Just sadness."

She lowers her fingers. "I have a question for you then. How is the destruction of everything else supposed to make your race prosper? You just reset to zero, the wheel has to be discovered again. Who is going to calm you people in the chaos caused by this cataclysm?"

"I'm not doing this out of anger" Marek slowly exhaled: "I am doing this for survival.
You're absolutely right. There is no right or wrong side here. We're both simply trying to protect our people.

I don't hate you, Twilight. And your death won't bring me any joy. You're absolutely right.

I was simply pushed into a corner, and I saw no other choice"

He looked at you, then his gaze slowly fell on Kaylee:

"..you may not want to hear this Captain. Hell, you may not even believe me, but it has to be said, non the less.

I have launched my campaign, because the Councilor of Gerra planned to unleash total genocide upon my people... and in one move, the problem of Tilerium would be solved. No more batponies to get in the way, no one to interfere with their mining operations.
It would solve everything.

And if she planned to unleash death upon my people, why should I respond with anything less?"

"No.." Kaylee shook her head and violently waved her hand in dismissal:
"This is insanity! How the hell would she get away with this?! People would notice! They would step in, long before her plan ever took hold. They would publicly hang her in Adelheids main street!
Her plan wouldn't go past her office! The Union wouldn't allow it!"

"I didn't say she would do it publicly" Marek quietly said: "...like me.. she had a much more subtle way in mind..."

"You're insane" Kaylee quietly said: "..The Gerran Councilor is a decent woman. I've met her. She wouldn't-"

"Heads up!" Harlequin loudly called over the room: "They've spotted the agent! In the Canterlot airport, just a few minutes ago!" she called out, holding her hand to her earpiece.

"WHAT?!" Kaylee exclaimed in bewilderment: "How the hell did she get passed security?! How did she even board a plane in the first place?! I thought we locked all the airports!"

"A camera footage showed a security guard letting her through.. helping her skip all the checkpoints" Harlequin quietly said: "..the guard was a batpony. Possibly a Vampire Unit sleeper agent.. I'm sorry.
The canister has been sighted in Canterlot"

"EVERYONE - MOVE OUT!" Kaylee screamed over the radio, sprinting back to the chopper: "WE'RE GOING BACK TO CANTERLOT!"

139Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Mon 27 Mar - 20:32

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight looks shocked. "My home... No, it will be saved!"

She turns to Marek, thoughts running in her head. "... I suppose I can't say I don't hate you either. My anger is still bottled inside. But, I want to hear the story as well."

She holds out her hand to him. "Come with us. You should be present at the point the future will be shaped."

140Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Mon 27 Mar - 20:36

Dan One

Dan One

(Omega)
"So," Omega says "was this conversation an actual effort on your part for real peace or one last attempt to stall and carry out your plan?"

141Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Mon 27 Mar - 20:56

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Marek emitted a small chuckle, despite himself: "..stall..... Your reasoning skills are.. intriguing.

I can't possibly stall you, because you are not the ones looking for the canister. The millions of your soldiers around the globe, are.
Whatever I did here, had no effect on their progress. They simply continued their search, regardless of how long I spoke"

He slowly sighed, then used his walking stick for support and got up with visible effort. He slowly limped toward Twilight, looking at her for a long moment, then took her hand:

"..I don't know of what use I will be, but.. I will come with you.." he smiled to himself and looked down:
"..funny... I didn't think aborting my mission would make me feel happier than before...
Look after Nyx, won't you? At least, for them.."

He slowly looked towards Johan and Harlequin.

142Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Mon 27 Mar - 21:09

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

"Canterlot??!" She panicked, looking to Kaylee "My daughter.....my brother......." she said quietly, her hands trembling, she seemed to be restraining herself from running.

143Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Mon 27 Mar - 21:15

Dan One

Dan One

(Omega)
Omega just shrugs then turns and starts running towards the helicopter

(Radiance)
"That's the feeling of doing the right thing," Radiance said, "and once this is over I will do everything in my power to work towards a better future for all."

144Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Mon 27 Mar - 21:29

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rains hands slips off Harles waist and takes her normal stance, picking up her bow. She looks to mirek, "i have been looking after Nyx for a few years now..." she huffs to herself hearing mireks question to twilight, "i just cant wait to settle down..." she smiles at Harle.

145Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Mon 27 Mar - 21:40

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"I didn't expect to be your crutch at anytime."

She helps him up, supporting the crippled man. "Funny how things go in life. I imagined many things about this day, but never this."

She begins to walk to the door. "Let's go, we don't have too much time left."

146Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Thu 30 Mar - 10:27

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

// Hey guys, sorry for the delays, the college started taking its toll again >.<
There's a long holiday starting this wednesday though, so should have a lot more free time soon ^^

"We won't fail" Kaylee quietly said with confidence: "..we've come too far to fail now"

Marek quietly smiled but didn't say anything.

The helicopter pilot nervously fidgeted as he waited for everyone to board and took off as soon as the last person had entered the door.

The flight felt tense and unbearably long. As the chopper made its way through the clear skies, leaving the earth far below, the sun outside slowly set, painting the blue horizon, into warm colors of orange.

New reports slowly came from the field, as you made your way through the skies. The girl with the canister was sighted several times in Canterlot, a security camera from a street or a store catching a brief glimpse of her. Judgingby her path, it seems she was slowly heading toward the heart of the city.

The police couldn't pin point her exact location, but Marek assured that as long as she doesn't notice anyone following her, the agent will wait for the Unification Day celebrations to start, before releasing the virus.

As the familiar lights of Canterlot finally began to appear in the choppers windows, the night has fully settled over the horizon.

Councilor Mercer kept nervously looking at the city below and checking her wrist watch every five minutes:
"...The Unification Day celebration will officially start at eight o'clock this evening. It leaves us with a little less than an hour to find the agent and stop her.
Haz-mat teams are standing by on the ground just in case, but if the virus gets released then quaratneening the area will be extremely difficult.
Thousands of people will be out on the streets and Canterlots population is several million. We have to find her! We have to stop her releasing the virus.

Do whatever you have to.." Mercer quietly said and looked away.

Kaylee was sitting with a touch pad and intently staring at its screen. The picture on it was that of the agent, a girl in her early twenties, gray fur and completely dark hair.
Her eyes looked haunted, scared. She was looking at you from the picture as if she expected someone to harm her at any moment.

Kaylee was looking at the image with a grim, unblinking stare. After a moment she quietly said:
"...this girl... I know her... I saw her somewhere, I just can't place.. where..."

As you look at the image, the girl looks a little familiar to you as well.

"We're at the drop zone!" Mercer loudly yelled, just as the helicopter hovered low over a parking lot, unable to land due to the ammount of cars under it:
"Drop down and proceed north! The agent was last sighted two blocks from here! We can't risk flying over that area in a helicopter, it might spook her!

Proceed north and start sweeping the area! There are police officers in civilian clothing on the ground everywhere, they will help you!"

"Go on ahead" Marek heavily sighted, getting up from his seat with visible effort and slowly unfolding his wings:
"Don't wait for me, I'll only slow you down. Keep moving at your own pace, I'll catch up when I can"

147Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Thu 30 Mar - 12:08

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

"I know the city well" Moon said "I know the alleys and paths that someone wanting to hide would use"

148Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Thu 30 Mar - 17:58

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight jumps out, following some others to the block required.

~Not too close to home... But there's someone in this neighbourhood I know... Have they moved yet? How many have moved? I gotta catch up to everyone soon. First this~

She lands on a house, trying to find someone that moves suspiciously.

149Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Fri 31 Mar - 6:51

Dan One

Dan One

(Radiance)
Before jumping down Radiance turned to Marek "If you don't mind I'll stay with you. There's still a small chance that things could go wrong. And if you die," Radiance paused "we all die."

(Omega)
Omega hit the parking lot with something between a thud and a clank. The shield absorbing the blunt of the impact. He quickly shed the hazmat suit and followed in the direction indicated. Though through the streets and much slower.

150Slavegear - Part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 4 Fri 31 Mar - 7:49

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain kicks off the chopper and gives a hearty flap of her wings.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum