The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 39]

151Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Fri 24 May - 19:30

Dan One

Dan One

"Guys! We're about to be out numbered! Three new hostiles at my 4 O'clock" Radiance calls out. He alters his charge towards Carvos and instead quickly makes a turn grabbing Kaylee from the ground. He moves to place her in a better protected spot then turns to face Carvos. His long sword held in a defensive stance, both hands grip the hilt.

"Prisoner, not slave! The system goes both ways. We are imprisoned to each other and it's very clear neither of wants the other around. As soon as I know I can trust you these hostile exchanges will stop, I'll apologize, and this will become symbiotic."

152Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Fri 24 May - 20:45

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"Erhk!" Came out of her mouth as Carvos grabbed and spun her around. When he positions her as a shield, she sighs.

"You hit the nail on the head about us. Carvos, THANK YOU for telling her what I have TRIED for so long..." She does some futile struggles, given his strength. "Okay, I'm pretty much screwed. My "friends" will skewer me in their attempt to kill you."

She braces herself for whatever attack comes their way.

~"Okay, I screwed up. Sorry Alyx. Hmmm, I have an idea. I just need to use ice at the right time and fly away. I need you for this. "~

153Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Sat 25 May - 20:14

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

//Hey guys! The Cards Against Humanity site is up! Join in if ya can!!!!!!!!!!1111

https://pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=25

password: idkcats123

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

154Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Sun 26 May - 23:54

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Carvos released a brief laugh:
"Wow Twilight, you really treat your team mates like dirt. Not very wise, is it. How long before they "accidentally" skewer us both.
Be a good human shield and stop provoking them-"

The air around Rain suddenly turned freezing cold, as she summoned her bow and manifested a green burning arrow. The arrow discharged and flew right between Carvos' shoulder blades, making him contort and slightly loosen his grip on Twilight.

"Ready" Alyx briefly said, just as Rain connected her fist with Carvos' head.

(Carvos suffered -2 HP)

Carvos lowered his head and started to hiss in pain. The green arrow in his back began to disappear, leaving behind a rapidly regenerating wound. He doesn't seem to be paying attention to the battlefield.

Echo began quietly muttering under his breath: "...trust... you're going to talk to me about trust?
Why should I trust you?
You expect me to trust a man, who can't even own up to his own words? No, Radiance. The only thing I can trust, is for you to prioritize your own safety, which suits me just fine. Apart from that, I trust you as far as I can throw you
"

On the edge of the forest, three parasites slowly rocked out from behind the tree line. They walked in a close triangular formation, all with a very smug grin on their lips.
All three raised their hands in unison and pointed them at Rain. A sickly red flame began dancing in the palms of their hands.

"Aaaah.. those three stooges" Squiggles faintly called: "I thought we convinced them to leave... guess they smelled blood and came back.. like sharks in the water.

Rain, be careful. The situation may spin out of control at this rate.
We may need to resort to some kind of drastic action, if we want our team to survive..
" Squiggles said with concern.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

'I know what to do.' She takes this moment to lodge her bow around the Carvos's neck. She pulls him to the side keeping him hooked around the neck like animal control. She moves her palm down the length of the bow positioning herself to his side planting her other palm on twilights shoulder Rain shoves her down while in carvos's arms and with her bow still in hand begins flapping her wings to take to the sky. Bow still wrapped around carvos, she plants a foot on the back of his neck and begins pushing, still yanking upwards with her bow, using the entirety of her bodys unified strength to do as much damage as possible.

"IF HE DIES YOU BECOME LORDS!!!" She yells, "CARVOS DIES YOU CAN BECOME LORD OF THIS ISLAND!" She looks down at Carvos "YOU WILL NEVER SPEAK ILL OF ME OR MY DAUGHTER AGAIN! IM FINNISHED WITH THESE INSOLENT AND CHILDISH GAMES! BE. GONE." with her final word she twists her body and with all of her strength she places her feet on his back and gives an brutal yank upwards. Even if she hears his spine break she continues her pull.

Last edited by C̷O̴N̴S̶U̸M̵E̵ on Mon 27 May - 22:45; edited 1 time in total

156Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Mon 27 May - 17:05

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"I give them equal to what they give me." Twilight says. When the grip loosens, she drops her weapon. Then she moves her hand and recalls the hammer. With it, she pushes into him, to push herself out of his grip.

"So who was it with the vendetta?" She dryly remarks to Rain. "In all seriousness, when possible, supress your personal feelings and get out of there!"

When free, she goes to Rogue. "Wake up sleeping preachy, we're retreating."

157Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Mon 27 May - 18:33

Dan One

Dan One

He mentally sighs then moves in to help Rain. Instead of going for an attack right away he feigns to the side less than second before he strikes. His flaming blade brought in an upward arc. Aiming to cut a leg off as his blade goes through Carvos' gut.

158Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Tue 28 May - 13:11

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:

Too busy tracking Radiance's moves, Carvos lost the full perspective of the battlefield and paid little attention to Rogue's body, that's when Rogue's Strength Sap hit Carvos in the back. Carvos bellowed, as the spell he's been cooking between his palms fizzled and vanished out of existence.

(Carvos suffered -5 HP)

"YOU MESSED UP MY SPELL!!!" Carvos roared, blindly discharging a new hastily knitted, red spell in Rogue's direction: "NOW DIE!!!"

Rogue weakly raises his shield up to block the attack as best he can.

159Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Tue 28 May - 13:13

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Disgruntled purple wrote:"I give them equal to what they give me." Twilight says. When the grip loosens, she drops her weapon. Then she moves her hand and recalls the hammer. With it, she pushes into him, to push herself out of his grip.

"So who was it with the vendetta?" She dryly remarks to Rain. "In all seriousness, when possible, supress your personal feelings and get out of there!"

When free, she goes to Rogue. "Wake up sleeping preachy, we're retreating."

"When you get hit by a sanity mine, I dare you to look this good" Rogue replies to Twilight as he clambers up from his position on the ground.

160Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Tue 28 May - 21:45

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

The Fear spell hit Rogue's burning shield, splashing across its surface and dissipating.
The process became quickly accompanied by a sharp hissing sound, as if an egg was poured over
a red hot frying pan.

The shield began emitting large clouds of white smoke. A dangerous hiss continued to
emanate from it for a few seconds, before the sound faded.

Rolo uncomfortably squeeked: "Rogue.. Witcher weapons weren't mean to block magic..
We shouldn't use this shield against spells anymore.. I fear it may crack if we try it again..
"

As the pressure from the bow and Rains boot began to grow on Carvos' neck, the parasite emitted
a panicked, muffled screech, before you heard a very sharp snap of his spine.

(Carvos suffered a critical hit, -10 HP)

His grip on Twilight loosened completely, allowing her to flee.
The next second, Radiances burning blade went through Carvos' torso and leg.
The force of the impact didn't cut off the limb, but it set Carvos' leg on fire,
along the line of the cut.

(Carvos suffered -3 HP)

Carvos began faintly thrashing, weakly moving his arms and legs. His face was slowly becoming
consumed by very genuine fear.
Another red spell discharged from his palm but it missed Twilight by a good five meters and disappeared into the forest somewhere.

The three parasites that stood on the edge of the forest adjusted their aim, looking to hit
Twilight. Judging by their expressions, they seemed content with letting Carvos die, which didn't
stop their desire to lash out at everyone else who wasn't directly involved in Carvos' pending doom.

A bright flash of red light suddenly lit up the sky, briefly reflecting off of the ponds clear surface.
The parasites stopped and slowly raised their heads upward, where a giant, red, burning skull with two bones, now loomed over the waterfall, a good 200 meters above.
The Parasite Warning Flare.

Just under the skull, Ursula sat, on the sandy shore by the pond. Her hand, still aimed at the sky, slowly and weakly fell down beside her.
She was covered head to toe in cold sweat, face ghostly pale, her body shaking, as if in a fever. She swallowed and looked at the three parasites, without moving her head.

The three made eye contact with her and stared silently, in malice. Ursula held her gaze. Eventually, the parasites scoffed and began backing away into the woods.
Their shapes beginning to fade among the trees.
Whether any Witchers would show up from the village, to answer the Warning Flare, was unclear. It seems the parasites didn't want to find out though. Radiance could sense them moving further and further away from the pond.

Kaylee and Johan remained unconscious. Their bodies still faintly burning with red.

Ursula looked at them, her eyes completely drained and exhausted, then her gaze shifted to Carvos.

(Ursula has regained +1 Sanity. 1 Sanity remaining)

Carvos was still weakly thrashing in Rains grasp, when Ursula slowly got up on her shaking legs and
began slowly limping towards them. With each step, Ursula threatened to fall over or throw up,
she could barely keep her eyes open, but she pushed forward, slowly, unsteadily, but she moved.

Carvos looked at her and emitted a raspy laugh, his voice came out completely hoarse:

"...you feel it.. don't you.. Diana.
They say a person is shaped by his nemesis.. and I certaintly shaped you... Archangel of Beauclair."
Carvos broke into a barking, gravely laugh. His crazed eyes fixed on Ursula as she slowly approached:

"I made you Diana... without me, you'd still be that snotty child, dreaming of fantasy and grandeur.
You became who you are, because of me. I DID THAT!

You were drawn to me, just like a parasite who must prove his worth by defeating his parent...
That's why you really came here today... to show that you're better than me. Admit it!"

Carvos' eyes became completely wild, crazed. A mad, hysterical, ringing laugh escaped his lips as he watched Ursula.
And Ursula just approached, quietly making her way through the shoreline.

"What are you going to do now, Diana? Are you going to kill ME?!" Carvos screached:
"YOU'RE NOTHING WITHOUT ME! NOTHING! IF I DON'T EXIST TO SHAPE YOUR FUTURE, YOU WILL REMAIN NOTH-"

"Oh my god, shup up" Ursula weakly said. Stopping a meter away from Carvos and Rain.
Hunched over, legs bent, shaking, her four wings soaked and uselessly dragging behind.
She lifted her gaze and looked Carvos right in the eyes. Something behind her stare made him go quiet.

Ursula loudly inhaled, still out of breath and quietly spoke:
"...did you think you were my nemesis?... did you think I came here for you?..."

She blinked, a green burning rapier slowly materialized in the palm of her hand:

"I didn't come here for you. I came for my mother" Ursula quietly spoke:

And you.. you're just another.. god damn monster to me"

She suddenly lashed out, with one precise motion, she drove her rapier through Carvos' eye and right through his skull.

Carvos froze, a stare of disbelief, panic and fear became caught in his second eye, before his body
flashed and began slowly turning to dust. From toe to the torso. His head vanished last.
His eye moved and remained fixed on Ursula, and it reflected only fear.

Then, Carvos was gone.

161Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Tue 28 May - 22:48

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain simply watches. Holding Carvos in place as Ursula lands the final blow. Rains voice shakes with rage, "All who oppose our family name will fall." She takes a long deep breath, "we did it... Carvos is dead."  She gives an exausted chuckle, "Justice does not fear death... I told you Carvos." Her bow fades away into her palm, she takes her daughters hand and pulls her in, "I've never been so proud of anybody in my entire life." She whispers, wrapping her wings around Ursula, "Can you walk? Are you ok? He didn't hurt you did he? Im sure you feel like trash after that I can carry you back to town if you'd like? Im so glad your ok." Her words come out quickly, her concern clear within her voice. She squints at Ursula, "Can I have my eye back?"

Her eye flicks behind Ursula, glaring at Twilight, "You and me... are going to have a bit of a talk" she calls.

162Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Tue 28 May - 23:12

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight looked at the now quiet battlefield, letting out a sigh of relief. When she feels Rain's eyes on her, she looked back. Compared to the former hostage, Twilight's eyes were more neutral, as if unaffected by the situation.

"That depends on ifyou want to talk or just scream at me until I give in. If it's the former, then I'm up for it. If it's the latter, then there are better ways to spend our energy."

After that, she walks over to the two unconsious ponies. After arriving, she tries lifting up Kaylee.

"Let's go back to the harbor, everyone." She says. "The other parasites may be leaving, but that doesn't mean we're safe here."

163Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Tue 28 May - 23:32

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"Screaming at you proves ineffective... more of a "heart to heart" is in order." She shakes her head, "It's more about... emotions... and... uh..." she rolls her eyes with a sigh, "...our relationship and emotions. Its becoming more and more clear that we are two opposites on the same coin. We need to figure out how these gears turn and how... me and you can... work. better. together." She sighs and shakes her head, "Unbelievable." She whispers rubbing her daughters back.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

// HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO RAIN RUNNERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111
jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

166Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Wed 29 May - 10:32

Dan One

Dan One

//Happy birthday Rain

167Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Wed 29 May - 15:46

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:The Fear spell hit Rogue's burning shield, splashing across its surface and dissipating.
The process became quickly accompanied by a sharp hissing sound, as if an egg was poured over
a red hot frying pan.

The shield began emitting large clouds of white smoke. A dangerous hiss continued to
emanate from it for a few seconds, before the sound faded.

Rolo uncomfortably squeeked: "Rogue.. Witcher weapons weren't mean to block magic..
We shouldn't use this shield against spells anymore.. I fear it may crack if we try it again..
"

// Happy birthday Rain.

"Noted" Rogue nods "We'll need to see if there's some way of strengthening or reinforcing it, it'd be a pain if we have to keep on reforging it after every battle. We have proved that the basic concept works however, and for that reason alone this has been a useful testbed."

168Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Wed 29 May - 18:26

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Happy birthday Rain.)

169Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Wed 29 May - 19:20

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Disgruntled purple wrote:Twilight looked at the now quiet battlefield, letting out a sigh of relief. When she feels Rain's eyes on her, she looked back. Compared to the former hostage, Twilight's eyes were more neutral, as if unaffected by the situation.

"That depends on ifyou want to talk or just scream at me until I give in. If it's the former, then I'm up for it. If it's the latter, then there are better ways to spend our energy."

After that, she walks over to the two unconsious ponies. After arriving, she tries lifting up Kaylee.

"Let's go back to the harbor, everyone." She says. "The other parasites may be leaving, but that doesn't mean we're safe here."

"We're not forgetting anyone, are we?" Rogue asks, counting everyone present to make sure.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain eyes Rogue for a few seconds, "Do you ever realize how often you talk out loud to yourself rogue. Well... more like speaking off the top of your head I guess but you do it all the time." She gives a small smile, "I think its pretty funny."

Rain gives a small look to twilight, "Heres a friendship lesson twilight. How can we bring together a group of people who have grown bitter with each other." She tilts her head, "How about we step away from the negitive side of things and try to think of our more positive traits. Twilight, everyone makes mistakes and you of all people understand that." She takes a deep breath, "What im trying to say is that im sorry. Im sorry for whatever I've done to have you... distaste me. I dont know where I crossed the line but im sure it was a while back." She shakes her head, "I know we dont see eye to eye most of the time, but im sick of me and you fighting over everything. So if someone isn't going to start I might as well... so ... im sorry." Her eyes go to the ground.

171Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Thu 30 May - 11:35

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

With Rogue question, she briefly point to Johan, who's still out for the count.

When she looks back at Rain, her face goes solemn. "I'm tired of fighting with everyone too. I want us to get along, but I don't see how. It seems like we, if not everyone here, keeps up this wall around themselves that's only torn down when we lose it. Like we're afraid that others will hurt us, so we have to be defensive at all times."

She looks down as well. "Rain, I'm gonna say something heavy... I don't think... I had a normal everyday conversation with anyone in this group. A simple dicussion about hobbies and interests, a gossip over a funny moment, or even just listening to someone gushing over their passion. It feels like all the words I share here with others are threats, commands, chewing out and getting chewed out. Even letting out all this is difficult for me, I probably would have kept it in if you didn't open up first."

She makes a small smile. "Thank you. I'm sorry for being so distant and obnoxious, I really need to stop venting my frustrations with everything at those that don't deserve it. And hey, maybe on the boat we can meet up to discuss things we like, I won't say it's the perfect cure to our problems but it's a start, right?"

172Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Thu 30 May - 16:35

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain smiles, "If Carvos was useful for anything it was realizing how disconnected we all are. I agree with Twilight but I also think we should try pointing out positives in each other along with the negitives, like uh... Twilight... I think its super helpful that you went the route of our spellcaster somewhat. I think its incredibly useful to have a team member with 4 spells." She looks to everyone, "I think im going to have my weapon reforged if possible. Become your guys's "tank" so to speak. I seen how powerful that can be and I love the idea of taking a hit from someone say... uhhh... Alder, and just shrugging it off much like that shield guy did back when we fought. First time for everything but I gotta say... I dont like the bow." She smiles and chuckles, "if i may also offer some advice, we need to use scan more, we are REALLY underutilizing that spell and that fight might have gone just a smidge smoother If we had it."

173Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Thu 30 May - 19:39

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

C̷O̴N̴S̶U̸M̵E̵ wrote:Rain eyes Rogue for a few seconds, "Do you ever realize how often you talk out loud to yourself rogue. Well... more like speaking off the top of your head I guess but you do it all the time." She gives a small smile, "I think its pretty funny."

"I was talking to Rolo, actually" Rogue replies to Rain, "Our shield took a beating in that last fight, so we might need to look into getting it checked out by the blacksmith."

174Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Fri 31 May - 18:33

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"Perhaps I should be a supporter then, for now." Twilight ponders. "Raise my spellpoints for more shots, extend the range of spells on hand and focus on keeping you alive and passing information about enemies through scan. Yeah, that sounds smart."

She furrows her brow. "Gives me a viable role even if I'm not exactly willing to step out onto the frontline." She unfurrows it. "Okay, I'll be supporting us with heals and scan then, perhaps more depending on how much my magic will develop. And I'll find a way to reduce cost of spells, since it's pretty odd spells are that expensive, actually."

175Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Fri 31 May - 20:22

Dan One

Dan One

"Some training would do us all a world of good, " Radiance adds "We're slowly getting the team thing down but even with our plan going as well as it did we still may come out at a loss.

I've already been throwing the majority of my level up points into health. I'll join Rain in the up close and personal department."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum