The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 39]

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"many things in Nifelhime appear to be fairy tails, I believed superstition when it came to becoming a sinner, I thought the moment I walked into their community that they would force me down and spread their disgusting disease to me..." She stops and looks at Ursula a moment, "That's not what happened. In fact they took me in, told me that I wasn't ready and gave me a place to sleep. I spent 3 years learning their language and those around me, meditating with hundreds of sinners, learning their martial art, finding peace within myself and letting go of any reason as to why I walked into that community. Then the day came, they asked me if I was prepared for what was to come and if I was prepared to die, "Did you enjoy your previous life? Do you have any lasting regrets?, We can train more if you want to?". I was ready to accept this life, using this blessing to weaken parasites before they even get near the town."

Circi pauses, "I'm sorry I must be rambling. I do know this poor young witcher with you, Diane was it? It has been quite sometime. however it seems we have ended up on diffrent sides of this beautiful disaster. I haven't seen you in years diane, how's your mother?, You look stronger then when I first met you. You were a little pipsqueek back then." She doesn't laugh, in fact she sounds serious. Then again she always sounds serious.

Rain sits next to Kaylee, "Circi, about joining us?..."

"Ah yes." She whispers taking a sip from her tea, "You want to find an imovable object to stop an unstoppable Force. As if this story hasn't been told a million times over. I will help you but do relax for a moment, take your final breath before rushing back into the thick of things. I have fruits in the other room, I have steaks from hunting if you so wish. Help yourself."

602Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Tue 10 Sep - 12:19

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

C̷O̴N̴S̶U̸M̵E̵ wrote:Rain sits next to Kaylee, "Circi, about joining us?..."

"Ah yes." She whispers taking a sip from her tea, "You want to find an imovable object to stop an unstoppable Force. As if this story hasn't been told a million times over. I will help you but do relax for a moment, take your final breath before rushing back into the thick of things. I have fruits in the other room, I have steaks from hunting if you so wish. Help yourself."

"Your cooperation's appreciated" Rogue nods, "Now, as we said, we believe whatever we're looking for's buried under this tree. D'you've like a convenient cellar or a basement, maybe that taps directly into the caves?"

Dan One

Dan One

"Let's ask but let them decide," Radiance keeps an ear on the surrounding area while listening in on in the conversation in the house. "Don't eat the food" he sighs as Ciri offers them the fruits and steaks.

604Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Wed 11 Sep - 20:11

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Circi's home)

Ursula continued to quietly look at Circi and didn't speak. She seemed too overwhelmed with emotion, trying several times to open her mouth, then loosing her train of thought, becoming conflicted and going silent again.

Her eyes still had a trace of tears in them, as she looked away, then back at Circi, at her spider legs and black eyes:

"...Circi.." Ursula finally called in a shaking voice: "You... wanted this?.. but why? I don't understand" she closed her eyes and looked down.

(Hill above the campsite)

As you attentively listen to the surrounding area, nothing out of the ordinary really comes through. The wind softly rustled the trees, making them shake off a layer of their snow coats. Some kind of bird was hoarsely cawing in the distance, a group of rodents was digging through the snow, a few meters away from your campsite. You thought you heard the long howl of a blue fox, echoing through the night.

"I guess.. there shouldn't be too much danger" Johan quietly said, looking down at the cottage:
"The Sinner is alone, together with 4 Witchers. Attacking them wouldn't be wise, even if she's stronger than them, she's outnumbered.

Even an ancient one like the Drowned Serpent, being the strongest mage that is even conceivable, alone, its enough to hit him with a Blind spell, or Silence, to render his magic useless and make him completely blind.

It didn't matter how much HP he had, or what his magic category was. If you're alone.. you're at a heavy disadvantage. Everything adheres to the laws of magic, in the end."

He sighed: "I miss Tim.." Johan said for some reason, then shook his head, trying to shake off the thoughts and looked at the cottage again:

"Anyway... our friends should be fine. ... unless they eat something poisonous of course.. I'm-.. I'm sure they'll be careful in that area though. Um."

He looked back at Twilight and Radiance: "Sooo.. you guys have any free containers or canteens or something? We could try collecting some of the Fire Veins if you want"

Johan looked at the campsite, where the two merchants were subtly watching everyone on the hill: "..I wander if those two have any"

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

605Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Wed 11 Sep - 20:48

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Circi looks to Ursula, "would it not be the same reason you became a witcher? So we as people can defend ourselfs from the Glystaria." She shakes her head, "The witchers way of obtaining power over the glystaria, It feels unnatural. Becoming a sinner, going through the pain of death and rebirth it awakens something and with that awakening I am at peace with what I have become." She tilts her head, "Are you at peace Diana? Do you feel like you made the right dicission? Becoming a sinner helped me realize that I should be confident in who I am and what I am. I looked past the superstition, I went to the source and I learned so much. Mabye you could learn a thing or two as well."

She takes a sip from her tea before addressing Rogue, "I have a basement yes. Will you like what's down there? Probably not." She takes another sip, "have you checked under the tree for what your looking for. It could be there for all you know." With a soft cough she leans back, her head turning slightly to Ursula, "You seem concerned for my health. Allow me to assure you that I am perfectly healthy and have been living out here for about 5 years now. Unlike that town where they had me on the streets begging for coin." She grumbles and stares into the fire, her black eyes reflecting the flickering flames.

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight checks her pockets, stumbling on a jar with 3 vitamin pills left. She gave them a dubious look before taking one.

"If you two take one of these, we have at least one jar for the fire vein. As for the merchants, perhaps they do. I'll go ask them."

She hand the jar to Johan before stepping towards the merchants, once she gets close, she scrapes her throat.

"Goodday sirs. Sorry to be bothering, but can I ask some questions?"

607Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Thu 12 Sep - 13:29

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

C̷O̴N̴S̶U̸M̵E̵ wrote:She takes a sip from her tea before addressing Rogue, "I have a basement yes. Will you like what's down there? Probably not." She takes another sip, "have you checked under the tree for what your looking for. It could be there for all you know."

"Are you saying you know what it is we're looking for, have you been down there, seen it?" Rogue asks Circi.

608Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Thu 12 Sep - 14:22

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Circi's home)

"I had no idea.." Ursula replied with sadness:
"Circi I'm sorry. Maybe, if I had been there.. I could've-.."

She firmly closed her eyes and shook her head:
"No.. I shouldn't talk that way, you're at peace here, that's all that matters"

Ursula went awkwardly silent and began studying the snow on her boots, slightly shuffling in place, seemingly ashamed to make eye contact with Circi.

After some time she spoke:
"Am I at peace with becoming a Witcher?" She sighed:

"I... its not the life I wanted, but one I was forced to take. The death, the blood, the fighting, I hate it.

And yet.. the friends I made along the way, the memories I made, the people I could save.. I wouldn't trade this for anything" she looked at Circi and released a sad smile:

"Even though our paths went a little differently, I think I.. understand you a little better now" she gingerly wiped her eyes with her gloved hand.

Kaylee awkwardly listened in silence, staring at the flames in the fireplace and drinking the cocoa.
When the cup was empty and Ursula went quiet for a long moment of time, Kaylee looked up at Circi and released an awkward, somewhat guilty smile:

"Um.. about the place we're looking for.
Several weeks ago, a Precursor named Lucretia managed to establish a telepathic connection with us.
In it, she showed us a vision of a tomb, located under this tree."

Kaylee fell in thought for a moment:
"..this cottage never showed up in our vision, although... according to the Nifelheim timeline, technically we saw the vision of this place, as it was 18 years ago.
So since the cottage was a recent addition, it would make sense that it never showed up in our dream.. and.. therein lays the problem.. ehehe.."

Kaylee guiltily smiled, scratching the back of her head:
"..according to our dream, the entrance to the tomb is located, right.. down.. here.." Kaylee gently tapped the floorboards under her, then guiltily looked at Circi:
"...we're sorry"

"Ooo thanx, I'll take one" Johan took a pill and swallowed it whole:
"Oh we better wash the jar first, wouldn't do mixing chemical residue with strange orange liquids."

The two merchants, warming their hands at a small campfire, pretended to have been busy with their own conversation and looked up at Twilight, as if they weren't eavesdropping on her this entire time:

"Yes, Witcher. What's wrong?"

Alyx quietly quacked: "Mm, they won't be winning any acting rewards.
Oh, lets use the opportunity to also invite them to the tombs. I wander what they'llmake of this entire Precursor business
"

609Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Thu 12 Sep - 17:52

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"Good." She looks to Ursula, she doesn't smile however, "Our lives aren't determined by what we look like, just like witchers there are those who give us a bad name. For some we are public enemy number one, for others they know it's all superstition and the bad ones are in the minority, and because that minority is so outspoken and violent it spreads that hateful opinion onto everybody." She reaches for her kettle with a spider leg and carefully lifts it, before gingerly pouring Kaylee a new cup, "Take a seat Diana. You look ashamed. The fact you are filling out this wonderful story to tell your children should be enough motivation, be happy you can still have them... Or a relationship at all."

Her pitch black eyes suddenly turn to Kaylee, "Your right. I don't like that answer." She draws the weightstone against the axe a few more times, "do you at least know where under my floorboards it is? If not you better get your friend with hightened senses back in here.

Rain quietly gets up, "I can do that. Thank you for letting us in at all Circi." She gives a slight bow before walking to the doorway and peeking her head out, "RADIANCE! COME HERE!" she shreeks as if someone is dying.

610Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Thu 12 Sep - 18:04

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

C̷O̴N̴S̶U̸M̵E̵ wrote:"Good." She looks to Ursula, she doesn't smile however, "Our lives aren't determined by what we look like, just like witchers there are those who give us a bad name. For some we are public enemy number one, for others they know it's all superstition and the bad ones are in the minority, and because that minority is so outspoken and violent it spreads that hateful opinion onto everybody." She reaches for her kettle with a spider leg and carefully lifts it, before gingerly pouring Kaylee a new cup, "Take a seat Diana. You look ashamed. The fact you are filling out this wonderful story to tell your children should be enough motivation, be happy you can still have them... Or a relationship at all."

Her pitch black eyes suddenly turn to Kaylee, "Your right. I don't like that answer." She draws the weightstone against the axe a few more times, "do you at least know where under my floorboards it is? If not you better get your friend with hightened senses back in here.

Rain quietly gets up, "I can do that. Thank you for letting us in at all Circi." She gives a slight bow before walking to the doorway and peeking her head out, "RADIANCE! COME HERE!" she shreeks as if someone is dying.

"Don't alarm him, he's cautious about all this as it is" Rogue chastises Rain.

611Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Thu 12 Sep - 19:24

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

~Ahead of you.~ Twilight replies to the voice in her head.
~First business though, to ease them up~

"I was wondering if you were selling jars of some kind. Empty or full, I do not think it matter. Any other empty objects to store liquid in is fine too." She said as best as she could, giving a polite smile.

612Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Thu 12 Sep - 19:55

Dan One

Dan One

Radiance jumps to his feet and sprints towards the cottage.

"Fuck I new it!" He shouts as his weapon flashes into his
hand.

The cottage door is kicked open as Radiance enters heading right towarsa Ciri with his weapon raised. He doesn't seem to notice that Kaylee, Rouge, and Rain are ok. They have about half a second to react.

613Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Thu 12 Sep - 20:56

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

The two exchanged looks, then one turned back and began digging in his backpack, until he procured two empty glass jars:

"..for salting pickles.." he said, looking up at you, seemingly confused by the nature of the request:

"Um.. 4 silver each. Or something to trade. Maybe food. Trade for food."

You heard Rain shouting in the distance a few moments after. As Radiance stormed off, Johan remained standing on the hill, slightly confused.

(Circi's home)

"Thank you" Kaylee gratefully smiled and began drinking from her cup again: "..um.. Radiance does have excellent hearing. I believe the spot should be here somewhere.. in the living room, but if Radiance can tap the boards, maybe he'll hear an echo of an empty space underneath, that way we could find the exact location of the entrance and gently remove the necessary floorboards, so they can be seemlessly replaced lat-"

She didn't finish her sentence as Radiance stormed in towards Circi.

Ursula emitted a sharp, frightened yelp and jumped, locking Circi in a tight hug and shielding her with her body.

614Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Thu 12 Sep - 23:24

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

As Radiance bursts in and bum rushes Circi Rain grabs him by his shirt collar and pulls him back, "Woah there bucko no running in the halls." She keeps her iron grip around Radiances collar, "Now your going to ask what fuck my screaming was about, and if you didn't pussy out on walking in here then I wouldn't have had to alarm you." She smirks, "It worked just as planned because now your inside." She grabs radiance by the arm and slowly moves around him, "Radiance this is Circi. She has been very polite and hospitable so far assuming you haven't been eavesdropping. She is a very nice woman even if she doesn't sound like it. Take a deep breath, grow those pair of iron balls I know you have and relax."

Circi looks down at Ursula before gently pushing her off, "I appreciate the thought but please don't touch me." She looks to Radiance, "your friends say that this precursor is under my home. This is unfortunate because I put my life into this house. I am told you are the one that can find it's position. I politely ask you to do so, that way we can remove what we need to without further damages to my home." She looks to her door and gives a quite grumble before taking another sip from her tea.

Dan One

Dan One

Radiance calmy removes Rain's grip then takes a pause. He seems to he assessing Ciri, letting the silence hang for just a moment too long. His fingers twitching.

"Rain, my lack of fear in a fight has nothing to do with mistrust. We have been fucked by trusting too easily." His wings fold back indicating he has returned to a non combative state. "Now, Ciri, my companions here seem to be vouching for you. The fact Rain is being a snarky ass tells me she still has her own mind. I'm still." He smirks then recasts heightened senses. "So, lets get to work"

616Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Fri 13 Sep - 11:59

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Circi's home)

"I'm sorry.." Ursula took a few steps back and looked down.

In Radiance's mind, Echo grunted: "You didn't have to recast it, the spell works for almost an hour.. unfortunately that was the last of our Mana."

Kaylee got up to her feet and moved to the edge of the room, looking down at the floorboards:
"...try methodically scanning the entire floor, knock on a spot and see if you can hear any difference in the echo. If there's a hollow cavity somewhere, it should sound different from the rest of the floor."

617Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Sat 14 Sep - 11:48

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Radiance wrote:Radiance calmy removes Rain's grip then takes a pause. He seems to he assessing Ciri, letting the silence hang for just a moment too long. His fingers twitching.

"Rain, my lack of fear in a fight has nothing to do with mistrust. We have been fucked by trusting too easily." His wings fold back indicating he has returned to a non combative state. "Now, Ciri, my companions here seem to be vouching for you. The fact Rain is being a snarky ass tells me she still has her own mind. I'm still." He smirks then recasts heightened senses. "So, lets get to work"

"To be honest, I reckon she'd still be a snarky ass even if she were being mind-controlled" Rogue shrugs.

618Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Sat 14 Sep - 11:49

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Circi's home)

Kaylee got up to her feet and moved to the edge of the room, looking down at the floorboards:
"...try methodically scanning the entire floor, knock on a spot and see if you can hear any difference in the echo. If there's a hollow cavity somewhere, it should sound different from the rest of the floor."

"That's a point, what kind of foundations did y'use for the floor?" Rogue asks Circi.

619Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Sat 14 Sep - 19:26

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"Ah, perfect, yes." She nods. "Lets me see where I left the money."

At the scream of Rain and the subsequent charge of Radiance, she jumped a little and looked at the scene.

"Oh, this is gonna have the suck." She says in bad Nifel.

She looks at the merchants. "I'm sorry, my friends might be in trouble. I'll be back soon." With that, she heads off to the house, flying low over the ground so to fly up at a moments notice.

~No further sounds... No screams too. Have their mouths been wrapped with web, or is the danger over now?~ Her brow furrows, she's preparing to fight.

620Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Sat 14 Sep - 20:15

Dan One

Dan One

Internally: "Thought stacking the spell might enhance it a bit." me mentally shrugs

Radiance walks to the center of the room.

"Sorry in advanced about your floor," Radiance shakes his right arm out. Then makes a fist, raises his arm and slams his fist into the floor. The sound from the fist impacting the floor and the floor cracking around his fist sends a wave of sound through the ground. Normally he would have done the knocking in strategic areas around the room but with his senses working overdrive a single hit would have the same effect.

621Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Sun 15 Sep - 20:14

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

"Probably hanging upside down in cocoons by now.. hehe" Alyx quietly smirked.

Kaylee must have heard Twilight's approach, as she turned in the direction of her flight path and slightly lowered her cup of cocoa.

As the sound wave washed over the room, emitted by Radiance's fist, he detected mostly solid ground under the floorboards. Frozen soil. Except in the middle of the living room.
It sounded like there was a stone plate there, just under the floor boards, and under the plate, a hollow space that went directly downward.

"I'm afraid one can't stack this spell like that" Echo replied in Radiance's soul: "Casting it twice will only reset its run-time timer, about an hour in total, from the moment of activation.

Casting a Level 2 Heightened Senses would increase your detection radius though
"

622Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Sun 15 Sep - 20:17

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Everyone)

Kaylee must have heard Twilight's approach, as she turned in the direction of her flight path and slightly lowered her cup of cocoa.

As the sound wave washed over the room, emitted by Radiance's fist, he detected mostly solid ground under the floorboards. Frozen soil. Except in the middle of the living room.
It sounded like there was a stone plate there, just under the floor boards, and under the plate, a hollow space that went directly downward.

"Found anything?" Rogue asks Radiance.

Dan One

Dan One

"Yeah. There is a stone plate and directly in the center of the room here," his wing unfurl and spread over the area where the stone slab would be. His fist opens up and places an open hand with the palm slighty raised in the floor.

Radiance seems to go into a trance as he focuses everything on the space beneath the floor.

Internally: "Good to know" his mental image of the room goes completely blank. All the people and furniture seeming to vanish "We're going to build a detailed map. I need you to keep the image saved as I'm going to be going back and forth out of this trance so I can describe it to the other"

Radiance speaks in a soft state. "I'm going to describe as much as a I can get from here. Somebody make notes or a sketch. I won't really be paying attention to what I'm saying as I'm re-using an old technique from when I worked as a detective. If gets weird just slam the door or make a loud sound."

The blind pegasus then starts describing what he 'sees'. Two fingers tap the ground, ten seconds of focus, then ten seconds of description, repeat. Radiance sensors abosultely nothing, letting the group in on everything.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Circi sighs as Radiance hits her floor. She gently taps her spider legs against the floor as she moves to the kitchen.

Rain simply sips her Coco before looking to Kaylee, "I'm worried about what exactly was chasing us when we enter that precursor. Perhaps we should prepare for a fight." She looks into the fireplace, "I get this sinking feeling that when we open up that floor we are going to regret it."

625Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Mon 16 Sep - 10:26

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

As the outside world around Radiance vanished and he went into a trance, the echoes from below began reaching his senses.

Under the stone plate, there was a two meter drop, immediately followed by a circular staircase.
You strain to get a clear picture, but the echo remained the same.

The staircase simply went vertically down, lower and lower into the depths. For 20 meters, 40, 80, 150 meters. The staircase continued further into the unseen depths, past your detection range.

"..my god.." Echo exhaled: "It must go down like forty floors!.."

Kaylee looked up at Rain: "In the dream, I think it was the parasites chasing us. But that was only a hallucination right? The parasites on Nifelheim were trying to cause mental breakdowns on Earth, by projecting images of violence into our heads. I think that's what happened. That part of the dream shouldn't repeat itself.

But we should prepare for anything." Kaylee thought for a moment: "Prepare for a fight.. maybe we could set up some pentagrams? Level 2, Area of Effect like?"

"Should set them up outside of the house though" Ursula said: "If we try casting a Level 2 Fire spell inside the house, there's not gonna be much of a house left"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum