The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 39]

926Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Wed 19 Aug - 18:34

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

~Odd amount of stat gains, that's new. What's the occassion?"~ She mentally quips. She also tried to call her own stats, for the best distribution.

"Um, I didn't mean flowers literally, but thanks for the heads up about the fact we have to introduce new flora and fauna in the ecosystems as well."

She let out a small frown after Rain's comment. "That's actually what we need to talk about. See, after the migration, we might come into a very dangerous situation. The one where we have to give everyone who migrated a home, while preventing a war from starting. Which is, quite frankly, a monumental challenge. And I need to ask all of you something. Something serious."

She looks around the group, sternly. "Who here dares to take on that quest as well? Don't answer right away, think this through, discuss it with eachother. But I want an answer before the migration starts."

927Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Wed 19 Aug - 20:17

Dan One

Dan One

Hp: 30 + 10 = 40
Sp: 10 + 0 = 10
Mp: 30 + 5 = 35

"Put me down for another week of combat training"

928Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Fri 21 Aug - 10:28

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"Yeah, I could use a vacation after all this is over" Johan absentmindedly sighed.

In the depths of Twilight's soul, Alyx emitted some sort of tapping sound:
"Mmm.. it seems the Rogue Witchers we took out just now, weren't exactly the pushovers they appeared to be. Professional hitmen... tsk.. if everyone didn't go crazy with their Limit Breaks right off the bat, this battle might have turned out very differently..

Plus Lighting's parasites we had to kill earlier, were pretty serious as well.
All in all, I guess it accumulated to more stat points than we anticipated.
"

He sighed a bit, falling in thought:

"Anyway. Twilight, our stats are as follows:

Health: 17
Sanity: 18
Mana: 35

I recommend spending at least 5 points into Mana, it will allow you to cast Category 3 spells, which is a serious game changer. Being able to inflict -40 HP on the enemy is no joke.

Also, based on our combat performance in the previous battle and the one before that, I must recommend again that you begin studying martial arts.

Our lack of knowledge in basic self defense is starting to become a significant issue. We are unable to effectively dodge incoming attacks, unable to correctly anticipate enemy movement and unable to properly defend ourselves, once we enter a close quarters battle, or when we run out of mana.

Studying at least the basics of self defense is vital for our survival on this planet. Especially if you're a combat mage.

Take note of your children, considered widely as the strongest mages of Nifelheim, I believe they both have a black belt in martial arts? A 1st Dan, at the very least? They understand that one must remain flexible and versatile in order to survive.

They're not masters of martial arts by any means, but, if they get dragged into close quarters combat, or their magic gets Silenced, or they run out of Mana, they won't just stand there at take it.

Having the knowledge of at least the basics of self defense, improves your chances of survival, in the worst case scenario, when you can't use magic."

He thought for a moment, then added:

"I also recommend we take this opportunity to choose a Limit Break. I understand the subject is sensitive, and I am sorry for pushing the issue, but as your parasite, I must provide you with an objective after-battle report.

When we were taken hostage, several Limit Breaks could have saved us from execution. Going Berserk would give you a Health boost, while avoiding immediate danger, allowing you to go on the offensive, or at least provide a chance of escape.

Becoming a Shadow would make you completely invincible to their attacks. They wouldn't be able to cut the arteries on your neck, if you faded suddenly faded into the ground. Targeting a Shadow with Dispel is also a no easy task, providing you with an opportunity to fade into the woodwork and escape.

The Great Masquerade could also have worked as a good bluff. While you were held with a knife to your neck, if you suddenly materialized a Level 4 Pentagram under your body and threatened to kill everyone with a snap of your fingers, it could have turned the tables entirely.

They didn't know how strong of a mage you are, for all they knew, you could've been a Level 4 and suddenly, they are your hostages, not the other way around. Playing an effective bluff can significantly change the face of the battlefield.

Limit Breaks provide a significant edge. You should choose the one you like most.
"

Kaylee fell into deep thought, spacing out after Twilight's question. After a while she repeated:

"..who dares.. huh..." she sent a hand through her hair and scratched the back of her head:
"Well.. I guess its more like... I'm obligated to take that quest as well.

Putting aside my personal, subjective investment in all this, putting aside that Zoy is one of the kings now, that her survival will depend on whether we can or cannot reach a peace agreement with Earth.

Putting all of those very important things aside, I am a Union soldier. It is my job to ensure the safety and security of the people. Negotiating a peace deal between Earth and Nifelheim is one of the most vital tasks I will see in my lifetime. I'm going for it.

When the Migration is over, I planned to speak with Councilor Mercer about this. I'll just have to add a few more appeals during our conversation is all"

Ryu looked at them at sighed:
"I do appreciate everything you all are doing, but the problem will be half solved, once we arrive.
The Teleportation Pillars will transfer the Castle Towns in their entirety, to the other side. Walls, buildings, homes, everything.

Everything inside the Castle Towns will be Teleported to Earth. So the people who already live in the Castle Town's will still have their home.
The issue arises when we account for the thousands of others, who will flock to the Castle Towns from the countryside, before the Migration. Once we arrive to Earth, we will have to build them new homes, around the Castle Towns.

The area's where they will teleport to, as well as the surrounding area's, will have to become the land and property of the Nifelheim kingdom. I don't see any other acceptable alternative to this.

Earth once belonged to our people as well, before they were Exiled. It is only fit, that we return to live on Earth's land once more."

"..I can see how some issues may arise, regarding the land disputes" Johan looked down.

"It will be fine" Kaylee replied: "So long as neither side resorts to violence, I'm confident we can negotiate a fair deal, which will allow us to co-exist in harmony"

Kaylee's new stats:

Health: 24
Sanity: 16
Mana: 45

Studying martial arts.

Johan's new stats:
Health: 21
Sanity: 24
Mana: 40

Studying martial arts.

Ursula's new stats:
Health: 39
Sanity: 22
Mana: 50

Studying martial arts.

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

929Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Fri 21 Aug - 16:20

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:"The area's where they will teleport to, as well as the surrounding area's, will have to become the land and property of the Nifelheim kingdom. I don't see any other acceptable alternative to this.

Earth once belonged to our people as well, before they were Exiled. It is only fit, that we return to live on Earth's land once more."

"..I can see how some issues may arise, regarding the land disputes" Johan looked down.

"It will be fine" Kaylee replied: "So long as neither side resorts to violence, I'm confident we can negotiate a fair deal, which will allow us to co-exist in harmony"

"How will the teleporting actually work, because shifting that much mass all at once could potentially raise some serious problems?" Rogue asks,

"I assume since you're bringing the cities with you, that includes their foundations, but have you accounted for the terrain you'll be teleporting the cities into?"

930Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Fri 21 Aug - 17:52

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

~"Fine, I'll try, but I'll be suprisedd if it takes me a week to reach 9th kyu."~ Twilight says with resignation to the parasite. She then chose to train martial arts, reluctantly.

~"And is it just me, but was that almost perfectly timed? I mean, they just got limit breaks, our only tool after we spent all our mana. Perfect time to test it out."~

Her new stats were as follows:

Health: 21
Sanity:21
Mana: 43

"I'm glad some of it will be prepared anyway." She says. "Which still requires the delivering of materials and equipment to build houses, find a way to lowr the language barrier more, and to truely integrate, teach eachother about technology and culture."

"Which may lead me to say something that will sound very strange..." She looks around. "Before anyone ties me up, or hits me with a dispel spell, no, I am not a fake."

She let out a sigh. "The Nifelheim cities might have to join the Union."

931Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Fri 21 Aug - 18:03

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Disgruntled purple wrote:"I'm glad some of it will be prepared anyway." She says. "Which still requires the delivering of materials and equipment to build houses, find a way to lowr the language barrier more, and to truely integrate, teach eachother about technology and culture."

"Which may lead me to say something that will sound very strange..." She looks around. "Before anyone ties me up, or hits me with a dispel spell, no, I am not a fake."

She let out a sigh. "The Nifelheim cities might have to join the Union."

"Why might they HAVE to join the Union?" Rogue asks Twilight, "It's not like that's a prerequisite or anything?"

932Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Fri 21 Aug - 18:41

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight very slowly looked at the man asking the question, then slowly turns away. Her hand going to her visage, giving herself a facepalm. She sighs deeply, much more then usual.

"There's no way there's someone this..." She mutters.

933Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Fri 21 Aug - 18:55

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Disgruntled purple wrote:Twilight very slowly looked at the man asking the question, then slowly turns away. Her hand going to her visage, giving herself a facepalm. She sighs deeply, much more then usual.

"There's no way there's someone this..." She mutters.

"Don't give me that" Rogue retorts, "No country's forced to join the Union, and do you really think the people of Nifelheim would even go for that, given that most of them think we're at war? The very idea of submitting to their hatred foe in that way would probably start a real one."

934Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Fri 21 Aug - 22:04

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain gives a slight laugh, "Oh boy. Good luck with that one Ryu. Earth politics are nasty things. False promises and asshole people in power. We hate to see it, but its there." Rain raises her brow at Twilight, "Seems the admrial of your country agrees with rogue in this debate."

Circi looks to Ryu then to Rain, "Im almost inclined to say its no diffrent here." She scoffs as she steps past the two, "Where did that merchant go?" She looks back to Ryu once more, "The rest of the kings? I assume they are back at the town, or are you the single king they sent to Watch us?" She suspiciously looks at Twilights shadow, then her own.

935Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Fri 21 Aug - 23:23

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"Rogue, do you realize-" Twilight says, looking at him. She stops, as if some new information hits her.

"... You know what, nevermind, it's a waste of breath." She shakes her head.

936Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Sat 22 Aug - 16:22

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Disgruntled purple wrote:"Rogue, do you realize-" Twilight says, looking at him. She stops, as if some new information hits her.

"... You know what, nevermind, it's a waste of breath." She shakes her head.

"Will you just spit it out already, you can't prove me wrong if you don't" Rogue scowls.

937Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Sat 22 Aug - 22:02

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"Everyone, please, stop this.." Kaylee mournfully said: "There's no reason for us to speak to each other this way. There's no enemies here, only friends and allies.
We're all a little different, of course, no two people are exactly the same and we all have slightly different opinions, or world views, based on the experiences that we had.

I'm sure we can have a meaningful conversation, based on mutual respect. There's really no need for us to speak to each other in such a demeaning way, there's no reason for it. Please, there's no enemies here.

Won't everyone feel a little more comfortable, if we were respectful of each other and tried to brighten each others day, just a little bit? Please.." she quietly called with a sad expression.

938Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Sat 22 Aug - 22:11

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Circi glances behind her, "Lets hear it Twilight. Waste your breath, why will I and the various witchers surrounding you HAVE to join.the union." Her voice changes to that of sarcasm, "I wait with baited breath."

Rains eyes flick to Kaylee, "I say let them hash this one out. Its a political argument and I feel its a good question, Im iffy on the union too. Political views are usually doors to vile and toxic arguments but in this case I feel that this could be constructive." She glances to Twilight, "...And i think that Twilight needs a reminder that not everyone is a genius, and even if they were they still wouldn't see eye to eye." She scoffs, and turns her head kaylee can faintly hear her mumble, "Just like a Unicorn to think their right about everything anyway."

939Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Sat 22 Aug - 22:38

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Kaylee quietly sighed: "..there's nothing constructive in talking down to someone, from a perceived position of power. After a while, the other side will stop listening.
Even if political arguments usually lead to toxic arguments, it doesn't mean we have to do the same here. We don't have to be like that, its up to us"

She mournfully looked up: "We're.. all human, aren't we? Our lives have value.. so... speaking to each other with mutual respect.. I think its important. For a healthy conversation, for healthy relationship inside a team or a group... am I wrong? Tell me if I am" she quietly sighed.

940Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Sat 22 Aug - 23:29

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"For the love of..." Twilight says, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Fine, I'll give my reason for saying that." She starts. "And before I start, know this: I hate the idea of making the Union even bigger more then you do. But the thing is, there are precious few other options, most of those worse. So allow me to list some of the  foremost reasons why I believe that it is in the best interest these negociations are being held."

She raises one finger. "The first reason, it's to draw a clear line bewteen what's an ally and an enemy. Right now, there's a far too high chance that, once the portals will be crossed, conflicts will arise that will escalate into a war. It must be clear that both sides do not mean harm to eachother, before this could go properly. One of those could be that there is some sort of proof of an alliance between us. And that something does go wrong, it will be properly dealt with so it won't escalate. Plus, we have to be able to identify, intercept and neutralize the Chariot organization. Something that goes better if we are on the same line on these things."

She raises a second finger. "The next reason is one I briefly stated before, so I'll go into detail on that. It's the fact Nifelheim is radically different in culture. The way of life is different, the language is different, inventions and technology have gone radically different paths, it's literally another world. If this isn't shared, the isolation grows, creating several spots of radical cultural difference, alongside ignorance on both sides. Which can be another reason for escalating conflict that could result into war. Which isn't something we want, right?"

A third finger is raised. "The third reason is a matter of resources. The movement to bring cities along with the people is going to save a lot of trouble, but not every refugee is accounted for. They will need materials to build houses, food to keep them healthy, medicine in case people contact a disease that one side doesn't have a cure for... Plus we need to get many scholars around to explain about different inventions and how they work. There's a lot of things to unpack, to explain, to negociate about. And you can't always differ truth from fiction, if you haven't been made aware of it all."

She folds her arms again. "Yes, this can all be done without ever joining the Union. Maybe it can even be improved on. But I want to see the plans brought forth as other options for this, not just disagreement with what I said. Mere negativity won't give us new ways to tackle this, it just brings frustration."

"so there you have it, my reasons why it must be considdered." She concludes. "If you have things to point out that could be improved, please speak up. If you have knowledge of another way to make sure we can do things smoothly and safely, enlighten us. But if you have nothing constructive to add, then I kindly ask you to keep it to yourself."

Dan One

Dan One

Anastasia at this point is petting Lili and feeding her some random, yet safe for hadedeshi, snow based greenery she found. Cleary wanting nothing to do with the current topic of conversation. She is also keeping an eye open on the surrounding forest.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain nods slowly, "I do see your reasoning." She closes her eyes a moment in thought, "the main issue I have with all this is that the union will try to force itself into the situation. Misinformation and mistrust is built into this kingdom." She glances back at Ryu, "Im going to be speaking about your kingdom as one entity. I mean no offense to you or your people." She nods once more and sighs, "The issue with nifelhime is its stubbornness and its fear. When the migration happens, no matter how smoothly theres always the chance that the union will try to force its believes apon the fledgling kingdom, I base this theory on how the union and us reacted to equestrias choice to defend itself. We intervened even when we were told explicitly not to, and other members of the union supported the assault on the final pillar. I recognize our mistake and I'm willing to go as far to say we had no right to do what we did back then." She crosses her arms, "we have to remember the union is not just a group of countrys, but a group of peoplr who represent each countrys culture, and beliefs. The union brings apon it a new form a government as well that I feel nifelhime will easly and quickly reject. Nifelhime is built off of the strongest witchers. Only those who dedicate their lives to the witcher craft I dont think nifelhime will drop their kings for a counselor as easly as celestia and luna lost their thrones. As a matter of fact, I feel inclined to say that the phrase, "My way or the Highway" fits well here." She squints, not nessissarily looking at anything, "I fear that zoy is too much of a loose cannon, so caught up in the belief that we are the enemy that she wont think twice to stand down after she makes demands and zoy is in the sort of state to do just that. If the migration happens now it will be a disaster, zoy will want to execute the admiral for whatever crime he commited if he even commited one. Failure to do so will mean war against the union as the union will hold whoever is responsible for all of this in witness or prisoner protection, that will seem like a threat to zoy and her kingdom, revenge is not had, closure is denyed, and the people if nifelhime are angry." She takes a deep breath, "Twilight. The union has no idea whats happening here and when we make that transition we have to have zoy on our side. Otherwise some poor country is going to be on the recieving end on a giant magical meteor storm."

Rain sighs, "With that in mind. We need more to convince the kings that all of earth isn't out to destroy them. Ryu I dont know how long your sticking around, but if your going to travel with us its a good idea that we be completely transparent with each other." Her gaze is stern, "I need to be sure I and my party are safe. Your recent help is appreciated but can we trust you with our lives? That when it comes down to it, that you believe in our cause, that we can turn our backs on you and you to us knowing that your safe in our company."

Circi quitely picks at the ends of her spider legs as she walks, "I dont know if i'd say I trust you with my life." She says matter of factly.

Rain glances back, "Nobody asked homeless."

Circi stops in her tracks, an expression of shock and anger spreading across her face "H-hay! What did you just say!"

Rain rolls her eyes, "Oh yes you can insult us but we cant insult you. Go climb a tree and build a web or something."

Circi grimaces her teeth griding, "Unbelieveable." She scoffs and moves away from rain and the conversation.

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"Hmmm, that's a valid point." She nods.

"This world is radically different in governing, and witcher kings have a much different selecting method then councilors. That part shouldn't change. There still should be a treaty, even if it's not to become part of it, but as an ally of the Union. Mostly for trades and resources, I think that in terms of military forces, the witchers are covered."

She rubs her chin in thought. "That will be part of the problem though, the monumental objective we need to ask of the people here. And you are correct about Zoy, who might represent the key problem of resistance here..."

She let out a sigh. "General Zoyah is a good person, that's a fact. And on the battlefield, she's one you want to have besides you, not in front of you. However, her outburst during our skirmish proves one thing... She's bearing immense pain and trauma due to survivor's guilt. Even if she means well, there's no denying she's obviously traumatized about her arrival, and it affect decisions she made and will make."

She looks at the ground again. "Then there's the fact we still don't know who the chairman is. This is an issue, because we can't focus our hate on him. Thus, everyone in the machine world becomes a target for the hate, since it has to go somewhere."

944Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Sun 23 Aug - 19:19

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Twilight wrote:It must be clear that both sides do not mean harm to eachother, before this could go properly.
One of those could be that there is some sort of proof of an alliance between us. And that something does go wrong, it will be properly dealt with so it won't escalate.
Rain wrote:I fear that zoy is too much of a loose cannon, so caught up in the belief that we are the enemy that she wont think twice to stand down after she makes demands and zoy is in the sort of state to do just that. If the migration happens now it will be a disaster, zoy will want to execute the admiral for whatever crime he commited if he even commited one
Rain wrote:We need more to convince the kings that all of earth isn't out to destroy them.

"Let me be clear" Ryu's voice turned ice cold, his piercing eyes began drilling holes in you:

"The only way your side can prove, that they do not mean harm, is the unconditional capture and prosecution of the Chariot organization and the Admiral. Both have committed war crimes against the people of Nifelheim and will be judged by Nifelheim law.

Failure to extradite Chariot and the Admiral into our custody, will result in heavy consequences for your nation. You will not like what we do, I promise you that" The open threat in his voice was read clear. He seemed calm, but incredibly angry:

"This Admiral presided over the destruction of Ashra Castle Town, which resulted in the deaths of over 100,000 innocent people. That is a fact no longer in question. The only question is, how much exactly did he knew when he gave the order and what were the circumstances surrounding it.

The more you try to justify his actions, the more trust you will loose. He will stand trial in our court, or there will be consequences" he said, slowly looking at Rain.

Twilight wrote:The way of life is different, the language is different, inventions and technology have gone radically different paths, it's literally another world. If this isn't shared, the isolation grows, creating several spots of radical cultural difference, alongside ignorance on both sides.
Twilight wrote:The third reason is a matter of resources.

"I'm sorry, but at this time, we simply do not trust the Union" Ryu quietly said: "We still do not know if Chariot was working alone, or if they received support from the Union.
As such, submitting ourselves to the whims of a foreign government, will be outright criminal, at this point in time.

Some form of trade agreements can be established, food, precious minerals, resources, various forms of art. But we will not share technology, with a nation that can potentially prove to be hostile.

Rain wrote:I dont think nifelhime will drop their kings for a counselor as easly as celestia and luna lost their thrones.

"This Union, how many countries is it comprised of?" Ryuuken asked.

"23" Kaylee quietly said.

"And if Nifelheim joins the Union, how many seats will we have on the council? One? Or 8, at best, as the number of Castle Towns? Either way, the Union will have the majority seats. And as the majority, they will inevitably tell us what to do and how to live our lives.

No, we won't sit at the table with people we do not trust and have them dictate our way of life."

Ryu looked at you firmly:

"At this point in time, I can only see this working one way.
When the Migration is complete, each Castle Town will announce its independence. Each one will be a nation of its own, ruled by its own respective king, or councilor, if you want to rename them according to your customs.

Together, the 8 Castle Towns will be knows as the Kingdom of Nifelheim, and it will be a separate entity from the Union.
The Union will perceive Nifelheim as an equal, separate entity, not as a small part of the Union.

The integration between the two is possible and desirable, given time, but it will not happen within a day, or even a year. If the process is to begin naturally, rather than forcefully, it could take around 50 years, several generations down the line, before our people will learn to trust each other and live with each other side by side.

But it is not something I will force, by joining the Union I do not trust.

I must underline again, the first step towards peace, will be the unconditional extradition of the Chariot and Admiral into our custody, to stand trial according to our law. Failure to comply with this demand, will result in undesirable consequences..."

Rain wrote:I base this theory on how the union and us reacted to equestrias choice to defend itself. We intervened even when we were told explicitly not to, and other members of the union supported the assault on the final pillar. I recognize our mistake and I'm willing to go as far to say we had no right to do what we did back then."

"Equestria doesn't exist in a vacuum" Kaylee quietly said: "As the last geographical place on Earth, that was unaffected by the Mental Breakdowns, the last haven, what happened on its soil, would likely decide the fate of the entire human race.

At the time, we believed that the pillars could not be removed, once established, and they caused madness and death, wherever they appeared. So if a pillar appeared in Equestrai, it could spell the extinction of the human race.

The decision in my opinion was clear, the entirety of the Union had to muster its full force, to ensure the pillar would not manifest itself completely, ensuring that Equestria would remain a safe haven from Mental Breakdowns.

It was no time for selfish posturing, from an upstart Admiral who wanted to show the world who had a 'bigger one'. He acted like a glory seeking, reckless idiot and his hasty decision resulted in the deaths of thousands.

If the decision to unleash the artillery strike, at the moment of the pillars manifestation, was in the collective hands of the combined Union fleet, perhaps they would've had the foresight and wisdom to stay their hand for those few extra seconds, until the forward scouts reported seeing a civilian city, on the other side of the pillar.

Perhaps that tragedy could've been avoided..."

Rain wrote:if your going to travel with us its a good idea that we be completely transparent with each other." Her gaze is stern, "I need to be sure I and my party are safe. Your recent help is appreciated but can we trust you with our lives? That when it comes down to it, that you believe in our cause, that we can turn our backs on you and you to us knowing that your safe in our company."

"I am present merely as an independent observer" Ryu calmly replied: "My presence was never meant to be discovered.
My job was to follow you and collect intelligence on your intentions and activities, to make a preliminary deduction on your intentions on this planet, and the intentions of the Machine World as a whole.

Now that I have been discovered, I will continue my mission to the best of my ability. I will follow you and ensure your survival, if you are attacked by parasites, criminals or other rogue elements.
But given what I have seen so far, I do not fully trust you.

In addition, I can inform you that there is a standing warrant for your arrest, issued by three different Castle Towns, namely, by Viktoria, Zoyah and Bastila.
While I myself, will not attempt to arrest you, I cannot speak for the other kings. I hold an equal position to them, so I cannot order them to stand down, or impose my will on them.

If they decide to ambush you, the only thing I will be able to do in your defense, is try to talk them down. But I will not engage them in combat. If you are captured and taken to a Castle Town that isn't my own, I will not have the authority to free you.

This is as truthful as I can be with you. This is the whole truth." Ryu quietly said:

"I must also inform you that, after we reach the cults village and complete our business there, I will head straight for the castle of Rakshata. If you will have business elsewhere, then we will have to part ways.
I must deliver the news, of potential traitors in the Witcher ranks, that may want to sabotage the Parasite Suppression Obelisks, that guard our Castle's from Parasites.

This mission of mine, takes priority above all of my other tasks. I must inform you that I'm only traveling with you, to the cults village, because its on the way to Rakshata.
My duty for me, stands before everything else. Even above my personal feelings or desires... whatever they may be.." he somberly concluded.

945Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Sun 23 Aug - 19:56

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain shoots the glare back to Ryu, her voice firm as she brings out her General side, sounding more like a political figure, "We cant garentee anything Ryu. We dont even know who the chairman is. Im not going to bullshit you, we are the line between nifelhime and earth, We are the only mechanica in nifelhime trying to fix the dumpster fire that is this situation. At this moment nobody is in any position to demand what happens to who when. The chairman could very well put a bullet in his brain before we capture him." She shakes her head, "Ryu, the chairman didn't just harm you, and kill tens of thousands of people. He removed an entire city of people from earths existance, to here. I want you to think about this as we walk. Your demands are streightforward but the union is about as pissed off and confused as you are. Dont think that you and nifelhime are the only victims because thats what it sounds like your making it out to be." She turns her head back to the direction shes heading, "I appreciate your honesty. So i think its only fair that i give you the same honesty. Earth trys its best to lean away from executing criminals, preferred punishment is to rot in prison for the rest of their lives, but when it comes down to negotiating what to do with him I reccomend working with the union on punishment. Your other demands when it comes to land and positioning on earth, Its going to depend on where you land. Equestria has the most land out of everyone so lets hope you land there. As for not joining the union, I think its a good idea, like I said, Nifelhime is stubborn as it is strong, as proven by Ryu here only moments ago. You have a solid foothold on your beliefs and I can respect that, but your going to be up against some compition."

946Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Sun 23 Aug - 20:48

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"Tsk" Ryu frowned: "If that's all you have to say, then there's no reason for me to discuss this further.
'Can't guarantee anything' isn't good enough! After the travesties we suffered!

Relay my message to your world leaders. Earth is their backyard, so they're responsible for what happens on it! And if they don't know who the Chairman is, they better start digging for info until they hit hell! But they better find me that bastard, or there will be hell to pay!"

947Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Sun 23 Aug - 21:01

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:"Let me be clear" Ryu's voice turned ice cold, his piercing eyes began drilling holes in you:

"The only way your side can prove, that they do not mean harm, is the unconditional capture and prosecution of the Chariot organization and the Admiral. Both have committed war crimes against the people of Nifelheim and will be judged by Nifelheim law.

Failure to extradite Chariot and the Admiral into our custody, will result in heavy consequences for your nation. You will not like what we do, I promise you that" The open threat in his voice was read clear. He seemed calm, but incredibly angry.

"Well we don't have the authority to negotiate that ourselves, but I'm sure something can be worked out by the relevant people back home" Rogue says,

"I will add though that you have to remember to think about this from Earth's point of view too. When the Migration happens, you're going to be claiming territories already owned by at least eight different countries, including the one whose admiral you want extradited.

In the worst case scenario, they could end up taking military action against you to protect what they see as theirs, independent of the Union, just like Equestria did before. And you'll probably not like what they do either, hell, we likely won't as well. A war wouldn't end well for either of us, it'd just make things worse" Rogue finishes, with no hint of hostility.

948Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 4 Sun 23 Aug - 21:16

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain shrugs, "Like I said. Stubborn. Just like your mother." She nods throwing a cheeky smirk at Twilight. She snaps her fingers, "I've been to your library. I've seen the memorys, we all have. What happened at the time was an absolute travisty and my prayers and respect goes to those who died, but your demanding answers and resolutions that we cannot give you. We have no connection to our world, no way to contact our friends and family. Friends and family who probably think we're dead." She looks back to Ryu, "you can try and push and shove your way around the situation, but you know what you have blood on your hands too. Millions of earth dwellers are dead because of your obelisks, and while I can understand their importance to you and your people, they are hurting ours. We have BOTH suffered because of that chairman and om sick and tired of treating this situation like we're the enemy, like we have something to make up for because we dont. We've all suffered here, familys ripped apart on both sides by an enemy we dont even know, working with forces we dont understand." Her frustration is becoming clearly visible. She takes a deep breath, calming her nerves, her voice calm but hinting towards the same frustration, "Its not our fault that you were attacked. Hate the chairman, hate the people killing you, but when you forget that theres another side to the situation, when you decide that your loss means more then the familys that are murdered and destroyed by the same confusion brought on by your kingdoms choices and decisions, mabye its time to realize that you think of the other side as barely human. Have you forgotten that there are other lives living on the other side of that portal? Or are we all just warmongering genocidal maniacs to you?"

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Ryu didn't say anything, just angrily stared at you for several seconds, then turned on his heels and walked off. There was a whole spectrum of emotions showing over his usually stoic face, ranging all the way from bitterness to frustration and anger.

You're not sure where he suddenly headed off to, he just turned around and started walking into the woods.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Circi's ears go back, slightly as she seen what just transpired, "Jeez." She says under her breath.

Rain sighs, stopping a moment, "Now hold on I didn't mean it like that." She looks down, "Im sorry. Mabye I shouldn't have said that." She taps her foot against the snow. "Im just trying to make a point that theres so much more to this that your missing and it feels like every time I or someone else brings it up you want to push it off. People on earth are dying because of the obolisks. You keep talking about how safe they make the castle towns, how no parasite can cross that border." She turns around to face the walking away ryu, "Then why are there parasites on earth. You say you took every precaution, you spout on about how great your advancements are." She pauses, "But that doesn't explain why theres parasites on earth."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum