The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 5

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 40]

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor geek geek flower flower rendeer rendeer

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 5 - Page 2 26fc47f2b4b05e8c0f1fbb2a49709181

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor geek geek flower flower rendeer rendeer

Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 5 - Page 2 26fc47f2b4b05e8c0f1fbb2a49709181

// Ditto

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain tilts her head at Ursula, then glances to Twilight, 'Oh boy' she thinks to herself, 'We already argue like a married couple, I cant imagine being thrown into a family dinner with her.' Rain turns looking back into town, "We should also try talking to some of the townsfolk. They might be willing to share some information."

Circi rises to her spiderlegs, "Im ready to go. Lets go find us a boy."

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"Going to the village to pick up cute guys without me?" Lightning drunkenly shook her head with a smirk "I disapprove immensely"

"You've been traveling with three cute guys for a week, so I don't know what youuu're on about" Kaylee quietly whispered back, slightly covering her mouth.

"I'm making them jealous shhhh" Lightning smirked again and released another hiccup.

"Right." Ryu narrowed his eyes: "Try not to die while you're waiting for us"

"Please be careful alright?" Ursula called, collecting her arms over her chest plate. She addressed everyone, but for some reason was looking directly at Ryu.

"Have fun everyooooone" Lightning cheerily waved her hand, as she, Kaylee, Johan and Ursula remained behind and soon blended into the woodwork.

Ryu and Tim began following you into the village.
The main entrance had no real gate to speak of, only a symbolic arch. The walls around the village were pretty symbolic as well, they were so short and thin, you imagine just about anyone could easily climb over them, let alone knock them down.

Being accustomed to the local populace's primal fear of the parasites, noticing this level of carelessness from the villagers seemed nothing short of bizarre.
The houses here were built plain and simple, some painted with pictures of colorful flowers and trees. The people dressed in simple clothing as well and happily walked by among the various houses.

As you began nearing the village entrance, no one really tried stopping you and there were no guards in sight.

It was only when you were well passed the entrance arch, did the local folk began noticing you and happily smiling, as they passed by, continuing with their daily routine.

One of the villagers, a young woman in a simple white dress, carrying a basket of vegetables stopped next to you, gave a small bow and happily smiled:

"Brothers and sisters! We are delighted to see you!" her smile grew ever wider and more genuine
"Whether you arrive for the Festival of the Moons, or just passing by, welcome to Sanctuary! We have lodgings and freshly baked bread, you are more than welcome to-" the girl froze, as her eyes shifted to Circi.

Her face contorted and went pale. She froze. You suddenly became keenly aware of the deafening silence that suddenly fell over the entire village. Every single villager had frozen in place, staring at you. Or, more precisely, at Circi.

The silence and tension in the air was so heavy, you could've cut it with a knife. And the emotion on the face of every villager, who stared at Circi, was written crystal clear on their faces.

Dread.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

With all eyes on her she takes pause. Quitely lowering herself to her feet, she clears her throat, "Hello citizens of sanctuary. I am circi. I mean you no harm, if you are simply enjoying nifelhimes nature I encourage you to do so." She lowers her head, "There was word of a kidnapping out this way. I hail from the northern sinner sanctuarys, and once more, I mean you no harm." She gives the woman in front of them a small smile, "Ease sister."

Rain steps up next to Circi, "This sinner means well... as far as we know. She has traveled far with us. No cause for alarm." She glances to circi, "If anything happens we'll take care of it."

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight began pinching the bridge of her nose, letting out a sigh.
~For the love of... It seem they want to take the difficult path.~

She recollected herself and spoke out. "Attention! We are looking for a young man, moved recently here. His name is...."

Maintaining face as best as possible, she spoke to her group. "Circi, please state the personal details of the man we're seeking. His mother is worried."

Dan One

Dan One

Before the group stepped into the village Ana had cast Shadow using 15 Mana. She moved between the shadows of the buildings along the same path the rest walked. Once everyone stopped and had terrified eyes glued onto Cirici she used the distraction to move up onto the roof tops and observe the crowd from above.

Knowing that a terrified group could become a mob at a moment's notice she kept a careful eye on them. Also watching to see if any of the people shifted uncomfortably at the mention of a worried mother.

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

C̷O̴N̴S̶U̸M̵E̵ wrote:With all eyes on her she takes pause. Quitely lowering herself to her feet, she clears her throat, "Hello citizens of sanctuary. I am circi. I mean you no harm, if you are simply enjoying nifelhimes nature I encourage you to do so." She lowers her head, "There was word of a kidnapping out this way. I hail from the northern sinner sanctuarys, and once more, I mean you no harm." She gives the woman in front of them a small smile, "Ease sister."

Rain steps up next to Circi, "This sinner means well... as far as we know. She has traveled far with us. No cause for alarm." She glances to circi, "If anything happens we'll take care of it."

"You have our word as Witchers of King Ryu" Rogue adds.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

The eyes of the villagers continued to be glued mostly to Circi. Their expressions of dread only exacerbated at the mention of kidnapping.
The rest of the party couldn't see it, but Ana being on a high vantage point on the roof spotted a couple of villagers on the other side of the settlement, group together and run into the cathedral in alarm.

A few seconds ticked by and the villagers slowly returned to their original tasks, resuming their previous conversations, but the tension was still vividly felt in the air. Everyone seemed a little more gloomy, a little more alarmed or frightened.

The woman talking to Circi released a strained smile and nodded. Her reaction was strange. At the mention of Circi's name, she simply nodded in a strange way, as if confirming it. For some reason you got the feeling she already knew Circi's name, before she said it out loud.

"A kidnapping? My... that's terrible" the woman released a strained smile in sympathy: "We will gladly help you of course, but, there must be some mistake. Sanctuary is a small, self sustaining community. Everyone knows each other by face.

If one of us went missing, we'd know right away" She nervously rubbed her fingers together and looked at you: "...perhaps the person in question, was not from this community? We do get travelers, such as yourselves, who sometimes come to visit, but, we haven't heard of anyone being kidnapped."

She slowly shifted her gaze, from one person to another, as she looked deep into the eyes of everyone in the party:
"U-um... what was this persons name again?... What did he look like? Perhaps I can at least say if someone like that came to visit"

Ryu grimaced slightly. He subtly covered his mouth and quietly whispered to you:

"...we never got the boys name, or his physical description... I was a shadow in the tavern at the time, I overheard the conversation.

We only know that he fell in love with a girl, who invited him to live in this village. They wanted to start a family here. The mother said this community had their own religion, and lived free of fear from the parasites, which coincides with the non existent walls around the village.

The boy promised to write every week, and did so at first, but stopped after one month and wasn't heard from again.

We know the boy is a farmer, with no combat experience.

The mother also mentioned the cathedral. The boy seemed to think it was constructed, long before the village was built around it. The villagers wouldn't let him explore it further than the main area of the altar, claiming there was a real danger of support structures collapsing in the outlying corridors.

That's all the relevant data she revealed.
"

"Um.." the girl slightly tilted her head with a smile: "..why are you whispering?"
It doesn't seem like she heard what Ryu had said.

"..I humbly apologize" the girl looked at Circi again and nodded, blushing slightly in shame: "I meant no offense. You are more than welcome to stay here, for as long as you want. Its just that.. we don't get many visitors who are.. uh..." she paused, seemingly searching for the right words, then slightly bowed again:

"I'm sorry. Please, stay as long as you wish. The Sanctuary is open in welcome to everyone"

"Hm" Ryu slightly narrowed his eyes and whispered again: "A common reaction to seeing a Sinner honestly, but, I can't help but feel these villagers reacted a little more vividly than most folk..."

"Are you really the White Lotus?" the girl asked again, titling hear head a little, looking at Rogue.

Ryu grimaced slightly, thought for a moment, then replied:
"This is Northern Nifelheim after all. It falls under the protection of the White Flame.
Yes, we are the White Lotus. We answer directly to King Ryu and are here in his name.
King Ryu wishes he could be here in person and sends his best wishes." Ryu said with a straight face:
"We will protect your village while we are here, you have our word"

"..t-thank you" the girl sighed slightly and smiled: "It really means a lot that the king is thinking of us. Send him our best wishes as well, and we wish him good health and a long life."

In the depths of Ana's soul, Rose chimed in:
"...Ana, please mind the Limit Break. Once activated, the Limit Break will remain active indefinitely and will continue to consume 1 Mana each hour, until you cancel it deliberately, or until you run out of Mana.
Its not possible to set a timer on it, I'm afraid, so you can't spend more than 1 Mana on it, right off the bat. Once activated, the Limit Break will remain active on its own, until you cancel it, or run out of Mana.
"

Somewhere in Twilight's mind, you heard Alyx quietly quack, as he sat down on an invisible chair you couldn't see:
"...good thing you packed the Masquerade Limit Break... next time the odorous things hit the fan, you'll have a real game changer"

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Circis spiderlegs slowly curl up to her back, her top two draping over her shoulders, relaxed, "I haven't got a name. A boy in love came here, I was told he was curious of your cathedral." One leg over her shoulder points to the cathedral, "he was sending letters to his mother. I was curious about his dissapearance, but you folks seem very tense, have other villagers in this area been taken?" She pauses, "your stress is clear ma'am. Moreso than the usual pack of townsfolk, whats wrong?"

Dan One

Dan One

"Did I just zone out during the introductions to them or did Lighting just miss like most of the details? Anyways, while they decided what to do let's take a look around. Eavesdrop on a few conversations now that people are back to work. Getting an idea of how fast information is spreading here and how much the story is being twisted is gonna be necessary to this. We've got the backup plan of 1 hour so you and me going to drop right into plan B."

While talking Ana slithers through the dark areas of roof, wall, and ground until she can get closer to the villagers. She listens to the conversations. Specifically looking for mention of the group, if anyone is talking about the Festival of Moons, and any mention of a name that might indicate who the leader was. She'd make note of how information changed as she snuck deeper into the village.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"What? Oh, I'm terribly sorry" the woman began bowing, over and over: "I meant to offense! Its just that.. um.." her eyes darted left and right, then finally rested on your spider legs. They seem to be making her uncomfortable and possibly scaring her:

"..we don't see many.. folk.. with.. more than 4 limbs.. is all... I'm sorry, please don't mind me" she bowed again.

"About the boy" Ryu quietly called, maintaining an even voice.

"Yes, of course" the girl straightened up and released a ginger smile: "Sometimes folk from far and wide, hear of our holy customs and believes, and become drawn by them. They travel here to learn more and some decide to stay, joining our humble community.

The story you tell, isn't uncommon here. We had many young folk arrive and join our community, some as recent as a month back. They all fit the description you provide, but none have gone missing. They all still live here, in the village.

Without a name and the description of their appearance, however, its hard for me to tell, if the specific person you're seeking, is currently living inside our village" the girl gingerly smiled.

"Sneaky time, tehe" Rose quietly giggled.

As Ana moved through the village, slowly going farther and farther ahead, everything seemed incredibly tense. Almost all conversations have ceased. The jolly air the village emitted before you stepped through the arch, was gone. Everyone simply continued performing their tasks in complete silence.

A few scarce conversations appeared here and there, but they were so mundane, it was almost painful to listen to. The most the villagers said to one another, was a casual conversation about the action they were directly engaged in, gathering vegetables, mending old clothes or transporting food from one place to another.

When you were about to call it a day, you spotted two villagers standing in the open, just behind the cathedral. They were on the other side of the building, completely in the party's blind spot. No one except Ana could see them.

And the reason they caught Ana's attention, wasn't because they were speaking aloud, they weren't, they were just as silent as everyone else. But these two were still communicating, using sign language.

The articulations were incredibly fast, frantic, so it took you a good several moments to figure out what they were doing, and just what type of communication they were using. Then it hit you. The sign language they were using, seemed mostly unfamiliar and completely bizarre, but you couldn't help but notice, some of the signs reminded you of the Sinner sign language.

Once you started thinking along that line, you began recognizing several words, here and there. Your knowledge of the Sinner language wasn't perfect, but you became convinced they were using it to communicate and as you tried to read their conversation, you only understood a few basics words:

"#### now ##### #### why is she here?"

"## #### ####, need to be careful. ######## #### ######## ## Three Moons."

"#### ## scared"

"Don't ### #### #######. ### normal. I will talk to Lady ##########."

The two used the sign for mutual agreement, then looked around, clearly trying to make sure nobody saw them, then one went inside the cathedral, while the other one wandered toward the field of purple flowers.

The most bizarre part of the conversation, was that they were both human. Not even Witchers, just human.

Dan One

Dan One

"Oh that's hella shady!"

Ana made sure to memorize the hand gestures then followed the person headed into the cathedral.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"Then perhaps we can speak to some of your acolytes." Circi raises a brow, "Or your headmaster?" As she begins to think about it she squints, "and another pressing question is why is your forest dead. You would think for a flower cult it would be a bit more... green, and not dead and foreboding." She crosses her arms, shifting her weight, a quizzical look about her. A spiderleg behind her shifts and gestures to the woman in front of them, "We haven't even got your name yet."

Circi pauses, "Easy questions first. I feel its fair that you tell us your name. Since you know mine." She tilts her head, curiously.

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight slowly, deliberately blinked. She then pinched the bridge of her nose again.

"We don't have a name, of all things... Well that's great..."

She let out a sigh. "Okay, we best try to get some sort of documentation on who arrives here and when. Narrow down any suspects."

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"Hey!" the girl frowned at Circi for the first time, and even stomped her foot:
"We are not a cult!

Our forest is not dead! Or foreboding! I'll have you know, it is very much alive and quite beautiful, in its own way!" The girl crossed her arms:

"A rose isn't evil, just because it has thorns. Our forest was born from the tears of Lady Nightingale, who saw the human race being besieged by the parasites and wished for them to have a Sanctuary on Nifelheim. And from her tears, mighty trees grew, trees that formed a protective barrier between humans and parasites.

Under all that twisting wood and bark, there rests a beating heart. These trees have a unique ability to sense the emotions of other living beings around them, and reflect those emotions back to them.

So when a parasite shows up, looking for food and destruction, these same violent thoughts get projected onto him and he runs away.

But if a priest of Lady Nightingale walks through the forest, or any other man pure of heart, he will see the forest for what it truly is, a kind and beautiful wander. One must simply learn how to appreciate its beauty"

The girl looked at you, shifting her weight: "If you found the forest foreboding, perhaps you should reflect on your own inner thoughts, try to consider why your own soul harbors so many dark emotions."

She continued to frown for a few more moments, then her eyes suddenly widened and she released a shy smile:
"I'm sorry, that was incredibly rude of me. Lady Nightingale teaches us to show kindness to all visitors." she slightly bowed again:

"My name is Milana Lombardi. I am always happy to meet new people" she cheerily smiled: "Our community is guided by High Priestess De Luca. She is the wisest of us all and guides us in the teachings of Lady Nightingale.

If we are respectful and kind, I'm sure High Priestess De Luca would gladly make time to meet you in person and answer all of your questions.

We don't keep any documentation I'm afraid" Milana gingerly smiled: "You're more than welcome to meet all the new members of our community though"

(Ana)

The man stopped halfway through the large wooden doors of the cathedral and looked back, to make sure he wasn't followed. Then promptly entered and closed the door behind him. You just barely managed to sneak in through the closing door, before it snapped shut behind you.

Leaving through this way, may require the door to be opened again. You don't see a way to sneak through it, while it is closed.

As you begin to look around, you notice a massive open space, filled with rows upon rows of long wooden benches, all facing the same direction. The ceiling was incredibly high and filled with beautiful, classical drawings of people and nature.

The windows were mosaic as well, depicting people in robes, beautiful purple flowers and strange, twisting trees. The architecture of the walls and columns was also impressive, intricately hand made, unique and quite beautiful.

And at the far end of this open space, stood a large statue of stone. It depicted a woman of incredible beauty, clothed in hooded robes. She was spreading her hands wide, as if she was trying to hug the entirety of the cathedral and a very kind, empathic smile played on her lips.

Several villagers sat at the benches, holding their eyes closed and whispering to themselves on Nifel.
The man you were following looked around and began walking down the main passage way, among the benches. He was heading towards the stone statue.

The windows in this area didn't provide much sunlight and most of the illumination was emanating from the numerous burning torches, hanging along the walls. This made some of the areas in cathedral fully covered in shadow, while others were vividly illuminated.

Making your way through here, without being seen, could require taking heavy note of where the light hits the floor.

The man you were following finally stopped just in front of the statue, closed his eyes, collected his hands together and began whispering on Nifel. His voice reached you just faintly, but you could make out his words:

"...Lady Nightingale, bless us with your wisdom and guide us in this trying hour. As the Festival of Three Moons approaches, we need you more than we ever did before. Bless us, our brothers and sisters, our parents and children. May we always walk in your light..."

The man continues to whisper on Nifel, standing in front of the statue with his eyes closed.

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:"My name is Milana Lombardi. I am always happy to meet new people" she cheerily smiled: "Our community is guided by High Priestess De Luca. She is the wisest of us all and guides us in the teachings of Lady Nightingale.

If we are respectful and kind, I'm sure High Priestess De Luca would gladly make time to meet you in person and answer all of your questions.

We don't keep any documentation I'm afraid" Milana gingerly smiled: "You're more than welcome to meet all the new members of our community though"

"Well it's nice to meet you, Milana" Rogue replies and returns the smile, "We appreciate anything you can do to help, and we hope we won't take up any more of your or your villages' time than necessary, just until we sort this all out."

Dan One

Dan One

While inside Ana looks too see if the pair who ran in before where there. She also looks to see if there is a general age and gender of the people within the Cathedral or anyone inside who stuck out as a 'priest' or similar title.

At the same time she also stealthy slinks her way through the shadows and eavesdrops on the people inside. Listening to extract as much information as she can about the Festival and Lady Nightingale as she can or if nothing new is gained between them to get a better feel for how the people of the village act when alone.

Finally she mentally times how long most of the people stay within the Cathedral.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Circi keenly listens to the woman up until the point where she tells her to reflect on herself, she responds with a chuckle, then streight faced. Her voice holding a stern fiercenes too it, "I've done my reflecting." She leans in slightly, "...and it brought me here." She leans back out, suddenly taking on a kind smile, "Do you perhaps have tea? Something to clear my throat? Im not too keen on just standing around and after a long.walk my friends here deserve a rest. Dont you agree?"

"Seriously." Rain shifts uncomfortably in her armor, "I've been sweating my ass off in here. Can we please sit down and talk somewhere?"

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Ana)

As you look at the people in the cathedral, you note that all of them were around the same age, 20 to 30. There wasn't anyone younger or older than that. Now that you think about it, everyone you've seen in the village so far, fell somewhere inside that age group.

Both men and women sat at the benches. They wore plain village clothing, their heads lowered and whispering.

By the walls, you spotted a few figures in ceremonial robes, the fabric colored in purple and dark tones. These figures tended to the torches on the wall, making sure they didn't go out and one of them tended to a massive musical instrument, built into the wall of the cathedral, just behind the statue. It was an impressive organ, a very rare instrument in Nifelheim, hard to construct and hard to maintain, but one of the robed figures was trying to, fine tuning the instrument, by the looks of it.

Looking around further, you don't see the pair that ran into the cathedral earlier. They weren't anywhere in the main room. You do see numerous doors that led further into the depths of the structure however. The doors were all closed and had a fairly firm contact with the floor, it doesn't look like you can slip under them, unless they open.

All the people inside the cathedral were very quiet, either silently doing their tasks, or quietly whispering as they sat on the benches. They all whispered on Nifel and their words seemed as some sort of a prayer, either asking for guidance, a blessing or offering thanks to Lady Nightingale.

Everyone seemed pretty peaceful and content with life.

You've stayed inside the cathedral for about 15 minutes, but no one new has arrived and no one has left yet, everyone just continued to pray.

When it started to feel that things weren't going to change any time soon, one of the inner doors of the cathedral opened and a stunningly beautiful woman stepped into the main room. She wore the same dark and purple ceremonial robes, as some of the other figures here, but her robes were notably more intricate, more detailed. There was a certain majestic aura emanating from her, as she slowly drifted across the cathedral, making her way toward the statue.

Stopping next to the figure who used the Sinner sign language earlier, she stood by his side and looked up at the statue as well.

"...you seem troubled Meneo. What's on your mind?" She spoke softly on Nifel.

"High Priestess De Luca.." the man stopped praying and stared into space with a grave expression:
"Circi Farrow is here... she's traveling with Witchers and humans... who don't seem afraid of her!"

"Yes, I know" the woman peacefully nodded, looking up at the statue: "The Overseers already notified me. They saw her making her way here, through the forest."

"I don't understand anything." Meneo shook his head: "...why did she come here? Why now? The Festival is tomorrow!"

"Some things happen by plan... while others by coincidence, Meneo. There is no cause for alarm." De Luca peacefully said, slightly cocking her head and looking up at the statue.

"...what should we do?" Meneo looked at her, from the corner of his eye, without turning his head.

"Nothing" De Luca smiled: "The Sanctuary is open for all. If they wish to stay for the Festival, they are welcome to do so. If they wish to leave, then they will."

"But what about-" Meneo turned to her fully, his expression gravely concerned.

"We must be careful, Meneo" De Luca cut him off, quietly but firmly: "...some of these Witchers are not like the others. The Overseers scanned one of them, when she was in a drunk stupor.

The Lighting Witch is hiding in our woods, just outside of the Sanctuary. Her Limit Breaks and Magical Knowledge are extremely formidable. And if she can allow herself to lower her guard this much, we can only imagine in what sort of company she travels, or what Limit Breaks they hold.

Be, careful, Meneo" De Luca said, with a bare hint of a frown. She turned back toward the statue:
"Circi Farrow is the least of our worries... be careful how you conduct yourself before the Festival. I trust you will pass my message along, to all those who are still having doubts." She spoke peacefully and very calmly, but you couldn't shake the feeling that she was subtly threatening Meneo, in a very veil, subtle way.

"High Priestess" Meneo bowed, then continued to pray in front of the statue.

De Luca, seemingly satisfied, began drifting toward one of the inner doors of the cathedral, that seemingly went somewhere deeper into the building. The entrance to the door was extremely well lit, by a torch, hanging just over its entrance.

As you look back, you notice some of the people began to leave the cathedral, heading back outside, into the village. Several of them kept the exit open and it appears to be possible to sneak out of the cathedral at this time.

(Everyone)

"Okay eh.. ehehe..." Milana slightly leaned back with an uneasy expression. It looks like Circi is freaking her out:
"Lets us go to the dining hall! If we hurry, we can still catch some breakfast.. eh.. this way" she gingerly smiled and started heading toward the housing district.

The village was slowly returning back to normal, as you walked by. Fewer and fewer people were giving you strange looks and more and more were turning to their daily tasks, slowly returning to their original jolly mood.

The dining hall was a long, wooden building with countless desks and a large kitchen out back. Most of the food you saw being served today was cooked meat, soup and various tea's. Milana promptly approached a large kettle and began pouring some tea for everyone.

"...all the food is free, please, help yourselves to whatever you need" she cheerily smiled.

"Where can we sit?" Tim asked with enthusiasm: "I wanted to ask more about that architectural wander you have, in the village center."

"Of course, please-" Milana pointed at one of the empty desks: "You can sit where every you w-" her voice became raspy and broke. She coughed into her hand a little, then smiled: "I'm sorry, you can sit where ever you want, please, there's no need to be so formal and shy." she took a sip from her teacup as well.

Dan One

Dan One

Anastasia sneaks out of the cathedral. Her next destination is the workshop area. She silently wanders her way through the area. Listening to the idle talk of the people. She keeps an ear out for mention of De Luca, her group, and mention of 'miracles' that could just as easily be Witcher spells.

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Everyone)

"Okay eh.. ehehe..." Milana slightly leaned back with an uneasy expression. It looks like Circi is freaking her out:
"Lets us go to the dining hall! If we hurry, we can still catch some breakfast.. eh.. this way" she gingerly smiled and started heading toward the housing district.

The village was slowly returning back to normal, as you walked by. Fewer and fewer people were giving you strange looks and more and more were turning to their daily tasks, slowly returning to their original jolly mood.

The dining hall was a long, wooden building with countless desks and a large kitchen out back. Most of the food you saw being served today was cooked meat, soup and various tea's. Milana promptly approached a large kettle and began pouring some tea for everyone.

"...all the food is free, please, help yourselves to whatever you need" she cheerily smiled.

"Where can we sit?" Tim asked with enthusiasm: "I wanted to ask more about that architectural wander you have, in the village center."

"Of course, please-" Milana pointed at one of the empty desks: "You can sit where every you w-" her voice became raspy and broke. She coughed into her hand a little, then smiled: "I'm sorry, you can sit where ever you want, please, there's no need to be so formal and shy." she took a sip from her teacup as well.

"Gladly", Rogue says and sits down, "So, what can you tell us about the history of this place, how long have you guys been here?"

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight raises an eyebrow. "Is your throat fine, miss? Are you suffering from a cold?"

She remained standing for now. "And if I may ask, why is there no administration? Even in a small place like this, it would serve well to know who enters when, when cases like this come up."

She glanced over to the meat, wondering to herself what animals they killed for it.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Circi's voice begins to sound clearer, she clears her throat, taking a deep breath and releasing a heavy cough. Reaching into her bag she pulls her stained rag, spits into it, and returns it to her bag. She takes a long, savory breath, soaking in the feeling of easy breathing and a clear throat. With her voice clear she speaks up, "I heard theres a crypt beneath the cathedral. Though i also heard its under heavy disrepair." She quitely takes another sip of her tea, "Tell me. How long have you spent repairing the lower floors? I'm informed that its dangerous work yes?"

Rain sits beside Ursula, "Hay. Have you ever seen anything like this?" She hums to herself, "Purple flowers, a big cathedral, a big spooky forest. This is beginning to sound like an author i know from back home."

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Ana)

For the most part, you didn't pick up anything out of the ordinary. The folk were well consumed by their work, when you wandered into the tailoring district.

A young man in his late twenties was working increadibly well with a needle, sewing fabrics together with notable experience.

He finally picked up the robe he was sewing and placed it atop a stack of similar looking robes, all very flashy, beatiful looking, possibly made of silk, colored dark and purple.

Another young man walked up and picked up the robes: "The Initiate robes look great! Is this everything?"

"Nah, not yet" the tailor replied, walking back to his workbench: "Still need to prepare more for the newcomers that arrived this morning"

"They will be taking part in the festival?" The other man asked confused.

"De Luca says its up to them" the tailor strangely shrugged: "Wonna be ready just in case" he said, getting back to work. Looks like he's making another similar robe.

(Everyone)

"Shortly after humanity's Exile to Nifelheim, there lived a humble woman named Lady Nightingale" Milana began, her entire face lighting up:

"So troubled by violence, constant strife and warfare, she wanted to find a place for humanity, where they could live free of all that. Free of violence and fear.

She wandered Nifelheim until she found the perfect place. Right here, she settled with her followers. The Grand Cathedral was the first thing they built, and the village grew around it.

Our only wish is to live with nature in harmony and to follow the teachings of Lady Nightingale" Milana brightly smiled to Rogue, then looked at Twilight:

"Oh, I'm sorry, don't mind me, I just sang a whole lot yesterday, throats really sore" Milana laughed and sipped some more of her tea:

"One of the reasons we settled so far in the wilderness, was to escape the beurocracy of the big cities. We don't keep records like that I'm afraid" she apologetically smiled.

As you examine the meat, it looks like some sort of eyeless bunny, a bunny analogue of Nifelheim at least, much like what Ursula was hunting most of the time.

"I wouldn't call it a crypt exactly" Milana giggled and looked at Circi:
"We had a basement level, under the main floor of the cathedral. We used to store ceremonial equipment there, but after a really bad storm a few years back, some of the support structures collapsed down there.

We don't have any architectural experts in the village at the moment, to help us safely clear out the rubble and reinforce the basement ceiling, so we sealed off the basement for the moment." Milana smiled and poured herself more steaming tea.

(Rain)

You found Ursula sitting in the middle of the brush, far outside of the village and out of direct line of sight.

She was sitting on the ground with her legs crossed, while Lightning was standing behind her and giving her a massage:
"Give it up pal, he's way out of your league" Lightning was saying, with a drunked smirk: "He's what, two years younger than you? And already at the top of the Witcher hierarchy. Folks like us have no chance"

"He's.. not like that" Ursula replied, somewhat unsure: "I'm sure he doesn't care about things like that. And besides-" she looked back at Light: "The next annual king tournaments are coming up soon. Maybe I'll score a good place in the succession list and he'll recognize me as a strong, compitent Witcher"

"Yes, its nice to dream" Lightning drunkenly smiled.

"Hey listen!!-" Ursula began, then noticed you approaching:
"Oh, hey mom. You're back early, where are the others?"

She listened for a moment, then fell into thought:
"Purple flowers huh, they look quite exotic. I've actually never seen flowers like that. Or those creepy trees for that matter"

"I seeeeee purple flowers in my dream all the tiiiiieeem" Lightning called, continuing to give a massage to Ursulas shoulders.

"Hey Light?" Ursula tilted her head up, looking at Light upside down: "I wonna talk about you and uh, your drinking"

"Shad'uup, I can stahp whenever I want to" Light drunkenly smirked: "Besides, we all might end up dying tomorrow, so might as well"

Ursula sighed and looked at you. Judging by her expression, she's looking for some sort of support.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum