The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 5

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 40]

951Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 5 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 5 Mon 31 May - 18:56

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Disgruntled purple wrote:Twilight took a deep breath to let it all sink in. Then she spoke firmly. "We're not letting you go alone, Bastilla. We all need you."

She stepped outside and barked loudly. "ADAM! CIRCI! GET OVER HERE!"

She then turns around. "Okay, who's going into the shimmer there? Volunteers?"

"Well I guess we're doing this, then" Rogue shrugs and steps forwards, fishing out a cloth to cover his own eyes.

952Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 5 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 5 Mon 31 May - 19:43

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"If I recall, Sinners have a much higher tolerance to the shimmer then humans and witchers." Twilight starts. "Therefore, you and Adam have to guide us through as we try to find Bastilla and aid her."

She looks in the direction of Bastilla as much as she can. "she knows the city, but this is the city on fire. Who knows what changed."

She gets a cloth for her own eyes and puts it on. "Ready to go. In the meantime, those who don't want to go in there, help out here. Or even crazier, find clues on the treasurer's motives."

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Circi nods, "You are indeed correct. I can survive in the shimmer for but a few seconds. I already intended on crossing a river if I have to."

The sinner brings her hands together, "Lets go save lives before there are none to save."

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"King Bastila plans to reach the Arcanum Laboratory" The veteran Witcher grimaced "Its located at the heart of the city, on the minus-third floor, under the Castle, " he grimly looked at you "Do you see how futile this is?

You'll have to traverse 5 kilometers of city districts, flooded by Shimmer, blocked by debris and festered with parasites, only to reach a dungeon that is likely already flooded with Shimmer. Nothing could survive that!"

"...Kaznachey's motives..." Kaylee began, frowning "...I wonder... 18 years ago, the Nagisa Castle town fell, under the exact same circumstances, if I recall... it was so devastating that none of its people survived. The catastrophe resulted in 13 parasites infiltrating the Machine World, hunted by a lone Witcher.

And if the circumstances were exactly the same, this leads me to believe Kaznachey already had the means to destroy every Castle Town, for the past 18 years. He knew about the Obelisks vulnerability, all this time, yet he chose not to exploit it. Why?"

"...he's waiting for the Migration." Viktoria grimly replied "The moment we open a portal to the Machine World, the parasites will swarm in and try to escape Nifelheim."

"But the Sleipnir portal is closed" Kaylee looked at the ravaged castle "Why did he jump the gun? Exactly?" she scowled "...by destroying Sleipnir, he tipped his hand. Now we know for a fact that this wasn't a freak accident. He really does have a means to breach Castle Towns.
So what warranted him tipping his hand? That's a pretty major blow to his operation, don't you think?"
She turned around, scowling at the veteran Witcher.

"The hell are you on about?" The veteran Witcher bared his teeth.

"...Bastila said, her scholar discovered evidence of a vulnerability!" Kaylee began, slowly walking toward the Witcher "He realized, exactly, how Obelisks can be circumvented! And sheer moments later, before she can even reach the laboratory, the city gets breached and obliterated?!" she scowled
"If that's a coincidence, that one big fucking coincidence! Parasites can't enter Castle Towns! So how did Kaznachey know when to strike!"

"The fuck are you implying" Several Witchers turned toward her, aggressively, a few subtly reached for their swords, prompting Johan and Lighting to ignite their weapons.

"His timing was perfect!" Kaylee barked. "He held back until the last possible moment, until there was no question the evidence will be revealed! That's when he struck!" she stopped, two meters away from the veteran Witcher, scowling at him and heavily breathing:
"...The Obelisks worked flawlessly for centuries... Parasites can't enter Castle Towns. So how did Kaznachey know when to strike... unless someone tipped him off."

"Clearly, the parasites CAN enter Castle Towns, as the evidence had suggested!" the Witcher angrily roared, his eyes glowing in fury "One of them entered the castle, wearing a fresh corpse, heard the news of the evidence and leaked it to Kaznachey! The fact he could enter the castle, is what the evidence would have revealed! There's no other explanation!"

"...everyone," Ursula slowly stepped in the middle, gently placing her hands on Kaylee's and the veteran Witcher's wrists "...we don't have time for in-fighting. Bastila needs our help, and so do the survivors in this city.
Entering it is probably suicide, so we can only ask for volunteers" she heavily looked at the Witcher "But I implore you to remember, why we chose this profession, this lifestyle." she looked at him, with sadness and defiance, then moved over to the magic calibration stone and supply crates nearby.

"Everyone, stack up on Glasgow serum and Heightened Senses. With our eyes blind, we'll have to scale our other senses up to the max, if we hope to survive in there. And if we find any survivors, we'll administer the serum to them on the spot. Its the potion we give Witcher initiates before the joining.
Drinking it, will give them a fighting chance, against the parasite that infected them. Their consciousness will enter the depths of their soul, where they will face their parasite in single combat... those who survive... will become Witchers... that's all we can do for them."

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:"Everyone, stack up on Glasgow serum and Heightened Senses. With our eyes blind, we'll have to scale our other senses up to the max, if we hope to survive in there. And if we find any survivors, we'll administer the serum to them on the spot. Its the potion we give Witcher initiates before the joining.
Drinking it, will give them a fighting chance, against the parasite that infected them. Their consciousness will enter the depths of their soul, where they will face their parasite in single combat... those who survive... will become Witchers... that's all we can do for them.

"Roger" Rogue nods, and walks over to the calibration stone. "Okay, Rolo, what have we got, and what can we do without?"

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"We haaave

Strength Sap, Lightning
Healing, Dispel
Dance of the Swallow, Scan, Avatar
" Rolo called.

"We should equip something that will help us traverse a tricky environment, maybe Wall Run?" Johan asked.

"Mm, and prepare to sustain a lot of damage. We're walking into a meat grinder." Ursula winced "Remember what Zlobec did before the battle? If we have one of our powerful mages cast Spectral Armor on all of us, in Area of Effect, it will give us a good boost to survivability. I'm sure there's a prepared pentagram here we can use."

"What if we need an additional defense boost? Will a Shield spell save us from the Shimmer?"

"For a fraction of a second, maybe" Ursula winced "Although that fraction may be the difference between life and death. So having a Shield equipped as well, couldn't hurt."

"We should also remember that Kaznachey is here." Viktoria grimly replied "The most powerful Ancient on Nifelheim. He's staying on the sidelines for now, but I don't trust him to remain there. If he provokes a confrontation, the first thing we'll need to do is Silence him. Stop him from casting magic. If we do that, maybe... Maybe, we'll have a chance of escape.

We need to equip Silence as well." she looked around:

"...we're also walking into a meat grinder, with a lot of parasites for enemies. We'll likely exhaust our Mana supply pretty fast, so the more of us walk into the city, the more our chances of survival. I advice everyone to enter the castle, if we want any chance of seeing this through."

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:"We haaave

Strength Sap, Lightning
Healing, Dispel
Dance of the Swallow, Scan, Avatar
" Rolo called.

"We should equip something that will help us traverse a tricky environment, maybe Wall Run?" Johan asked.

"Remind me what categories Heightened Senses and Wall Run are again?" Rogue asks Rolo.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"We currently have:

Offense - Strength Sap, Lightning
Status Effects & Defense - Healing, Dispel
Utility - Dance of the Swallow, Scan, Avatar

And the Calibration stone holds the following:

---------------
Offensive Magic
---------------

Fire ball

Lightning strike

Ice spike

Strength sap

--------------------------------
Status Effects & Defensive Magic
--------------------------------

Heal

Shield
- Blocks physical, mental and magical damage.

Spectral Armor - Creates a layer of armor above your clothing, adding temporary bonus Health points. Cannot raise your Health higher than 150%

Silence - Status Effect, the target becomes unable to use magic, for a set period of time.

Confuse - Status Effect, the target may confuse friend with foe during combat, due to visual or auditory hallucinations.

Poison - Status Effect, the targets looses -5 HP each round of combat, for a set period of time.

Blind - Status Effect, the target becomes completely blind, for a set period of time.

Thunderclap - Status Effect, the target becomes completely deaf, for a set period of time.

Dispel - Remove all Status Effects from the target, both positive and negative. Removes Spectral Armor and Shield as well.

------------
Utility Spells
------------

Scan

Dance of the Swallow

Light - Creates a ball of light in the palm of the users hand. Illuminates the darkness.

Heightened Senses

Water Dance - Allows one to stand and run on water.

Wall Run - Allows one to run on walls and ceiling.

Signal Flare

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight turns away from the city and takes off her blindfold. Then she heads to the calibration stone.
"I keep forgetting these must be used. The vancian magic system is not what I grew with."

At the stone, she picked the following spells:

Offense: Fireball, Ice Spike.
Defense: Silence, Dispel.
Utility: Dance of the swallow, Heightened senses, Avatar.

She steps away from it, turning to her teammates. "I'm keeping Dispel, in case someone gets a very nasty affliction. I did take silence, just in case. But if it comes to battle with that man, we should just run."

She looks at Johan. "Wall run is a good pick, but don't forget you have wings. Shame we can't just fly overhead to find out where Bastilla already is."

She looked down for a moment, then at her daughter. "I guess you might have a little curiosity about my form. I'll explain, but when we have time. First, we got your sister to save."

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:

------------
Utility Spells
------------

Scan

Dance of the Swallow

Light - Creates a ball of light in the palm of the users hand. Illuminates the darkness.

Heightened Senses

Water Dance - Allows one to stand and run on water.

Wall Run - Allows one to run on walls and ceiling.

Signal Flare

"Right" Rogue nods, "Scan has been useful, but we can live without it. We can't exactly lose Swallow Boogiem, or Viki'll get mad. If we forget Avatar here, can we relearn it later? If only we weren't limited as to the number of spells..."

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain casts avatar. Pulling squiggles from her mind, "Welcome back." She nods, "You already heard Bastile's plan." She looks back to the witchers, "Witchers! Your home is being destroyed by the second!" She places a hand on Kaylees shoulder, pulling her back, "...These parasite scum are going to take over your friends." She slams her hands on the table for emphasis, "Your familys!, Your familys friends!" She looks across them all, "When we all became witchers, we knew what we were getting into. We took an oath to not just risk, but GIVE our lives to protect people from parasites, even in impossible odds." She frowns, "Even in hopeless situations we fight. Even in our final moments we fight. The parasites storm your walls and invade your homes! How many are dead because you weren't there?!" She closes in, facing the witcher directly, "How many more are going to die because you aren't there to help hold that line." Her voice remains stern, but calm, "How many witchers will have to explain to hundreds, mabye thousands of familys and friends, that their friends are dead, and that if they see them in the wild... to run." She scowls, "Because you gave up. You decided to do nothing." She shakes her head, "Integrity." She puts her blindfold on, "Being a witcher is about integrity. Its about doing the right thing, and admiting mistakes." She presses her index finger into the veteran witchers chest, "Will you hold the same oath that we as mechanica took the same day we became witchers." She turns around and begins following bastille.

Rain casts hightened senses.

Circi frowns, "Hmph." She walks past the witchers bumping shoulders with one as she passes, "Huh?" She looks back, with a small scowl, "Oh... sorry." She huffs and trails behind Rain.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Twilight wrote:"I guess you might have a little curiosity about my form. I'll explain, but when we have time. First, we got your sister to save."

"Got it" Viki nodded.

Rogue wrote:If we forget Avatar here, can we relearn it later?

"Yes, once you've seen the blueprints of a spell once, you can to re-equip it later." Ursula nodded.

Rain wrote:Rain casts avatar. Pulling squiggles from her mind, "Welcome back."

"Hello-hello everybody!" Squiggles happily materialized in a spray of orange sparks, prompting the surrounding Witchers to materialize their blades.

"This is too much!" The veteran Witcher bared his teeth, scowling at Rain and Squiggles, before directing his ire at Viki "...siding with Machine Folk... sending two kings on a suicide mission... and now this? Summoning unsupervised parasites! How much further-"

"You will remember who you speak to." Viktoria quietly muttered "The Avatar is really no different than a Berserker and we rely heavily on them, in crises such as this." she scowled "...I will not order you to follow us into the castle, although I have that authority, but at the very least you can stop impeding our efforts!" she quietly roared.

Rain wrote:"Being a witcher is about integrity. Its about doing the right thing, and admiting mistakes." She presses her index finger into the veteran witchers chest, "Will you hold the same oath that we as mechanica took the same day we became witchers." She turns around and begins following bastille.

The Witchers around you quietly watched in silence, as you turned around and started to leave.

The blindfold slowly went up, obscuring the world in darkness, then Heightened Senses activated.

It felt strange, seeing with your ears, with your finger tips, with your feet, relying on the smell in the air and the taste of ash in the mouth to guide you. With your eyes closed and under the effect of the spell, its as if your brain had restructured itself, to compensate and 'see' the world through other senses.

As you stepped into the city, through the broken wall, you could feel the empty space of a street around you, feel the heavy walls of three-story buildings on each side, hear the raging fire that burned behind the windows and smell the rising ash.

And the hundreds of voices, rising over the city, turning into a single scream, ringing in terror and pain. People were screaming, as the jaws of the parasite horde closed in on them from every direction. It took a tremendous amount of effort to filter through it, and focus on what was directly around you.

Three separate shrieks were emanating from the corner to your left, you could hear their arms and feet scurrying over the ground, away from 5 separate entities that chased them. Even while blind, you could sense the distinct souls of 5 parasites, almost see them as 5 bright orange glows, as they chased their prey. The parasites forms reminding you of rabid dogs, nearly 2 meters in height.

Bastila was in their way, swinging a giant two handed sword and trying to keep them at bay, but she was alone and the parasites started running past her, one by one, rushing toward the three shrieking figures.

What none of them seemed to notice however, but you have felt, was a giant blob, forming inside the house, on the other side of the wall, where the civilians were huddled. A blob of nothingness, and yet, where everything was, at the same time.
It felt as if there was a hole in the universe, in that particular spot, and yet, the entire universe was inside it. Like a giant black spot, in your senses.

This blob of nothingness was gushing out of the floorboards inside the house, threatening to overflow and pour out of it at any moment. And the three civilians were huddled just under its windows outside.

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:
Rogue wrote:If we forget Avatar here, can we relearn it later?

"Yes, once you've seen the blueprints of a spell once, you can to re-equip it later." Ursula nodded.

"Right, in that case goodbye Scan and Avatar, hello Wall Run and Heightened Senses" Rogue says, swapping the spells out, and then joing the others.

Kaylee Brown wrote:Three separate shrieks were emanating from the corner to your left, you could hear their arms and feet scurrying over the ground, away from 5 separate entities that chased them. Even while blind, you could sense the distinct souls of 5 parasites, almost see them as 5 bright orange glows, as they chased their prey. The parasites forms reminding you of rabid dogs, nearly 2 meters in height.

Bastila was in their way, swinging a giant two handed sword and trying to keep them at bay, but she was alone and the parasites started running past her, one by one, rushing toward the three shrieking figures.

What none of them seemed to notice however, but you have felt, was a giant blob, forming inside the house, on the other side of the wall, where the civilians were huddled. A blob of nothingness, and yet, where everything was, at the same time.
It felt as if there was a hole in the universe, in that particular spot, and yet, the entire universe was inside it. Like a giant black spot, in your senses.

This blob of nothingness was gushing out of the floorboards inside the house, threatening to overflow and pour out of it at any moment. And the three civilians were huddled just under its windows outside.

Having cast Wall Run before he left, Rogue wastes no time in rushing towards the civilians to block the glystarias' path, Witcher Shield summoned and naginata raised. "Out of the way!"

Dan One

Dan One

One of the Glystaria is suddenly struck from above in the back by a thrown glaive made of green fire. This is followed by a wet, metalic, crunch as a fully armored Witcher lands on the Glystaria's back legs turning them into paste. With one hand they grab the parasite by the back of the head and rip the glaive out with the other. Slamming an armored boot into the small of the parasite's back they simultaneously jam their weapon into its neck while pulling with their other. The head is torn from the body in a shower of gore and viscera.

Last edited by [???] on Sat 5 Jun - 21:38; edited 1 time in total

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"CIRCI!" Rain crys, "Potential Sinner threat!" She points at the house. Rain summons her club, and charges forward, targeting one of the five parasites chasing the civilians with a roar she charges, slamming the persuing monstrosity with all her weight, lifting it onto her shoulder and slamming it into a nearby wall. She summons her club, slamming the pommel into the things soul, she repeats the motion in a brutal display of strength, slamming the beasts skull repeatedly with no quarter, in intensely close quarters.

Theres no heasitation in her movements, each strike is with the full intentions to kill the beast beneath her.

Circi seems alert now, she immidately moves to the house rain had pointed to, grabbing the civilians and pulling them back, "Do you know what is inside that house?" She asks.

Last edited by Some Sinner on Sun 6 Jun - 4:04; edited 2 times in total

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

With heightened senses active, but not used to them, Twilight is walking a bit slower. Once the battle starts, she joins the fray by fighting the parasites running past.

With her sight blocked, she tried to discern any weakpoints with her other senses. Once close she went to attack where she thought the joints were, with straight, swift jabs with her rapier.

The new arrival made her maneuver away. "Who's there?!"

Dan One

Dan One

"Assistance, Machina '' now shown to be female based on the voice, these are the only two words spoken in response to Twilight. The way she says 'Machina' it could easily be replaced with the word Witcher. Holding about the same tone of mutual respect Witcher’s should have for one another.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

The civilians incoherently screamed, in response to Circi's inquiry, as she pulled them away from the house. Their eyes were wide open, glued to the unfolding battle. The parasites were invisible to them, but they could still hear the monsters clenching jaws and see the dust being dispersed by their paws, as the creatures rabidly lashed at every moving target.

Three of the monsters exploded in a rain of ash, as soon as you blades went through them, but their fall did little to affect the demeanor of their comrades. One of the massive canines jumped on top of Rogue's shield and while its fur began to catch green fire, lunged its head at Rogue's face, trying to bite and tear off whatever it could reach.

The smell of rotting flesh and spit rained on you, as jagged fangs snapped millimeters away from your face, even as its paws began to burn, on contact with the shield. There was no logic or reason behind its movements, it seemed completely frenzied, obsessed with the idea of reaching you at any cost.

The second canine fixed its insane eyes on Twilight. Sensing hesitation in her movements, the creature rammed into Twilight, knocking her to the ground and pinning her. With what seemed like a single swift motion, the thing tore off the blindfold off of Twilight and opened its fanged mouth.

A sickly orange sphere materialized in its maw and struck Twilight, her head immediately flooding with horrid images of burning cities and a giant robot, marching over the ashes, every step accompanied by a tremor and you could no longer tell, if the earthquakes were real, or inside your head.

(Twilight suffered -5 Sanity damage, 21 Sanity remaining)

The next second, 20 identical canines charged into the street, from an adjacent back alley. Dispersing equally among the crowd, at least two of them targeted each member of your team.

"There's too many!" Ursula screamed out, wildly swinging her rapier, as the creatures bit at her ankles and wrists.

"STAND YOUR GROUND, THEY'RE NEW BORN!" Bastila barked, grabbing one of the parasites and caving its skull in with her armored fist "THEIR STRENGTH IS IN NUMBERS! JUST GET THE CIVILIANS OUT THROUGH THE SAME WAY WE CAME-"

Her voice was suddenly drowned out, as the roof of the house behind her was blown off and a gaiser of sickly green liquid started spraying all over the street, pouring over the house' walls and out of its windows.

The street became filled with blood curling shrieks as three of the parasites were hit by large blobs of green, you could almost see how their flesh dissolved in seconds, with only a skeleton left behind, before it too, dissipated.

The flood of green liquid began covering the street like a carpet, extending away from the house and toward you, in addition to large drops of it raining down from above.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain backs up to Ursula, swinging her club in large waves. As two of the newborns rush her she catches one onto the end of her club, swings it around, and clubs the other away with its brother. Sending them both flying into a nearby home, "Clear a path! We'll use our longer reach to sweep along the streets!" Rain says between breaths, "We'll have to dance around the battlefield but we should be able to cleave a temporary path through the parasites!" She moves forward up to bastile, "Squiggles, Rogue, Victoria! Front line! We're going to push back! Twilight, Lightning, Circi Behind us! Stab into the crowd and use spells sparingly but where you see fit! There's a big boy somewhere and powerful spells will save our asses! Ursula, Kaylee, Johan, Ryu, cover our asses, and provide support to the first two lines!" She growls crushing a parasites skull beneath the point of her club, "WE ARE THE WALL!" She cheers, "WE ARE THE HEROS OF ALDIHIDE!"

Rain is charging a level 2 shield

Circi quickly moves back to the camp with the civilians in arm, she bounds over streams of shimmer on her spider legs. As a pair of newborns rush towards her, a pair of spider legs come up and skewer both through the skull and then thoughtlessly toss the corpse to the side before returning the citizens to safety.

Circi moves back into the town. taking her position in the group, "We still need to pull out as many citizens as we can! Many unfortunate people will become witchers today, yet, even more will parish, unleashing more destruction. Its better we contain what are essentially walking, screaming, bombs of meyhem."

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:The civilians incoherently screamed, in response to Circi's inquiry, as she pulled them away from the house. Their eyes were wide open, glued to the unfolding battle. The parasites were invisible to them, but they could still hear the monsters clenching jaws and see the dust being dispersed by their paws, as the creatures rabidly lashed at every moving target.

Three of the monsters exploded in a rain of ash, as soon as you blades went through them, but their fall did little to affect the demeanor of their comrades. One of the massive canines jumped on top of Rogue's shield and while its fur began to catch green fire, lunged its head at Rogue's face, trying to bite and tear off whatever it could reach.

The smell of rotting flesh and spit rained on you, as jagged fangs snapped millimeters away from your face, even as its paws began to burn, on contact with the shield. There was no logic or reason behind its movements, it seemed completely frenzied, obsessed with the idea of reaching you at any cost.

"Ain't anybody ever introduced you to breath mints?!" Rogue mutters as he stabs his naginata into the glystaria's exposed side as far as it will go.

Kaylee Brown wrote:The next second, 20 identical canines charged into the street, from an adjacent back alley. Dispersing equally among the crowd, at least two of them targeted each member of your team.

"There's too many!" Ursula screamed out, wildly swinging her rapier, as the creatures bit at her ankles and wrists.

"STAND YOUR GROUND, THEY'RE NEW BORN!" Bastila barked, grabbing one of the parasites and caving its skull in with her armored fist "THEIR STRENGTH IS IN NUMBERS! JUST GET THE CIVILIANS OUT THROUGH THE SAME WAY WE CAME-"

"Easy to say!" Rogue replies, pivoting to put his shield and the first glystaria between himself and the new assailants.

Kaylee Brown wrote:Her voice was suddenly drowned out, as the roof of the house behind her was blown off and a gaiser of sickly green liquid started spraying all over the street, pouring over the house' walls and out of its windows.

The street became filled with blood curling shrieks as three of the parasites were hit by large blobs of green, you could almost see how their flesh dissolved in seconds, with only a skeleton left behind, before it too, dissipated.

The flood of green liquid began covering the street like a carpet, extending away from the house and toward you, in addition to large drops of it raining down from above.

"I take it the call to stand our ground is rescinded?" Rogue asks, slowly backing up whilst keeping the glystaria at bay.

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

From both the insanity damage and the new sight in a world she should not see, Twilight headbutted the parasite on her head, her horn digging in it's eye. She kicked it and once free, ran it through with her weapon.

She got up, keeping eyes shut and focussing on the ones coming at her.

During all this, she heard a cry, that together with the previous imagery and sanity damage, turned something in her head. That moment, her exprssion turned livid, her eyes spewing fire if they weren't kept shut tightly.

"WHO THE FUCK IS CALLING US THE NAME OF THOSE MONSTERS?! THOSE WAR CRIMINALS DESERVE NOTHING BUT DEATH!!!"

In her fury, she madly swung the sword she was holding at those near her, to just chop everything up.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"Then I guess we'll die!" Rain shouts back.

Dan One

Dan One

The newcomer backsteps so they are within range of everyone. There is a flash of orange as she casts the Templar Limit Break.

"Stand firm friends! Now is not the time to let fear cloud your judgment or cause strife! Morgan of the Iron-Sky Legion stands beside you!"

974Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 5 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 5 Thu 10 Jun - 18:12

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

The ravaged street became filled with sounds of ringing metal and dying shrieks, as the parasites exploded in puffs of thick ash, covering your head and your clothes, as you stabbed and cut through them. Their bodies loudly disintegrated at the slightest provocation, reminding you of the sound of crackling coals in a campfire, but no matter how many you cut, more and more poured onto the street.

You soon lost count of the enemies and of how many of them you have slain. They were pouring onto the streets like a transparent wave of orange teeth and claws, each one getting just a little bit closer to you, nicking just a little bit more of your armor, before you started feeling their claws digging into your flesh.

You were surrounded and they bit at you from every direction.

(Everyone suffered - 5 HP damage)

Squiggles and Viktoria lunged forward, ending up side by side with Rogue. Viktoria's massive scythe had materialized and heavily cut through the parasite crowd in large, heavy swings, sending their heads wildly flying across the street, bouncing off of the buildings and sometimes ending up bouncing off of you.

You don't quite recall her going all out, with her Witcher weapon before, the scythe danced in her hands in long, graceful movements, her purple eyes turning more red with each swing. A crazed smile slowly creeped up on her lips, as she massacred the transparent beings around her.

Several more parasites lunged right at Rogues shield and sunk their teeth into it, even as the shields metal started burning through them. With a sudden and violent yank, the parasites jerked back, trying to rip the shield out of Rogues hands and the very next second, three more jumped over the shield, trying to pin Rogue to the ground.

Squiggle's leg stabbed one of them through the head, sending a spray of hot ash to rain over Rogue but two other parasites still remained.

"CIVILIANS ARE CLEAR!" Lightning barked at the top of her lungs, splitting a parasite in half and taking a position next to Twilight, trying to cover her blind side:
"THE SHIMMER'S ADVANCING! GET OFF THE- WOAH!" she wildly jerked back, as Twilight's rapier nearly skewered her through the side and subsequently in the face, prompting Lighting to duck and watch the rapier graze the top of her hair.

"WATCH IT!" She screamed, releasing a deafening thunderclap, as a lighting bolt flew off her fingertips and zig-zagged across several parasites. The canine creatures continued to advance on Twilight, her wild swings stabbing and cutting through their forms, sending clouds of ash from their corpses to rain all over the place.

Driven completely mad, the parasites jumped over each other, stepping over each others corpses, aiming to sink their teeth into Twilight's wrist, that held her rapier, at any cost. The was no intelligence left behind their eyes, only a feral desire to rip apart everything they could reach.

Ursula, Kaylee and Johan tried to organize some sort of wall with their bodies but they were quickly surrounded on both sides. You could barely see them behind the wave of parasites and the flashes of burning green blades.

Three parasites had lunged towards Rain simultaneously, sinking their teeth into the armor plates on her legs and pulled, trying to swipe her off her feet, as more enemies approached.

A sudden shock wave washed over the street, briefly disorienting everyone present, as a wave of bright orange energy engulfed everyone in an 8 meter radius, with Morgan at the center. For a split second, a massive two handed sword had materialized in Morgans hands, then immediately exploded, sending rays of orange lights to shoot at every figure on the battlefield.

You only had time to blink and regain your balance, when you suddenly noticed your clothes become engulfed in heavy plate armor, transparent and weightless, colored orange and layered just over your clothing. You moved with it, effortlessly, as if it wasn't there, but its dim glow was undeniably notable, even through your closed eyes.

(Everyone gained +14 Sanity Armor)

The armor had manifested over the parasites as well, giving them a frankly hellish look. They reminded you of undead, canine creatures, two meters in height and engulfed in a samurai styled transparent armor.

Over five of them were drawn to Morgan after her display and they lunged at her from five different directions simultaneously, all of them aiming for her neck.

"GET OFF THE STREET!" Bastila shrieked at the top of her lungs, as the green carpet of Shimmer began extending away from the house at an alarming rate, covering every inch of the ground in a painfully green, glowing void. Over a hundred parasites had suddenly dissolved, as the carpet had reached them, even though it was only an inch thick off the ground, the parasites had fallen into it, as if it had no bottom, releasing startled, horrified shrieks.

With a running jump, Bastila rammed through the parasite crowd and launched herself into the air, landing with her feet planted on the wall of the nearest building, standing at an impossible 90 degree angle to the ground and ran up the side of the building, heading toward the roof.

With a spark of flame in her palm, she unleashed a fireball onto the parasite canines below, that tried to bite at her ankles.

"GET ON THE WALLS NOW!" Viktoria yelled, as the carpet of Shimmer drew closer and closer to your feet.

975Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 5 - Page 39 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 5 Thu 10 Jun - 18:31

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:Several more parasites lunged right at Rogues shield and sunk their teeth into it, even as the shields metal started burning through them. With a sudden and violent yank, the parasites jerked back, trying to rip the shield out of Rogues hands and the very next second, three more jumped over the shield, trying to pin Rogue to the ground.

Squiggle's leg stabbed one of them through the head, sending a spray of hot ash to rain over Rogue but two other parasites still remained.

"So you wanna play rough, eh?" Rogue says, ditching the naginata for his machete to better deal with the glystaria at close quarters, slashing at them.

Kaylee Brown wrote:"GET OFF THE STREET!" Bastila shrieked at the top of her lungs, as the green carpet of Shimmer began extending away from the house at an alarming rate, covering every inch of the ground in a painfully green, glowing void. Over a hundred parasites had suddenly dissolved, as the carpet had reached them, even though it was only an inch thick off the ground, the parasites had fallen into it, as if it had no bottom, releasing startled, horrified shrieks.

With a running jump, Bastila rammed through the parasite crowd and launched herself into the air, landing with her feet planted on the wall of the nearest building, standing at an impossible 90 degree angle to the ground and ran up the side of the building, heading toward the roof.

With a spark of flame in her palm, she unleashed a fireball onto the parasite canines below, that tried to bite at her ankles.

"GET ON THE WALLS NOW!" Viktoria yelled, as the carpet of Shimmer drew closer and closer to your feet.

"Oh but it's such fun down here on the floor!" Rogue replies, trying to shuffle backwards whilst still fending off the parasites.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum