The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 6

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 39]

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Rain)

Still blind and disoriented, the parasite moved too sluggish from your point of view. You had no trouble parrying her wild swings. The distinct sound of snapping bone was heard, as you struck the parasite in the leg, then its head. Her eyes rolled back and she lost consciousness before she even hit the floor.

(The parasite suffered -26 HP damage)
(The parasite has been stunned for 1 round of combat)

(Circi)

Shrieking and scared out of their minds, the civilians haphazardly thrashed and jerked in random directions, as you locked them in your grasp and leaped. The Shimmer swallowed the roof you were standing on, a fraction of a second later, the splashes of its sickly green liquid coming dangerously close to your legs.

You heavily land on the roof of the adjacent building and the weight of the people you carried, pressed down on you, and several of them tumbled out of your grasp, heavily falling onto the roof.
As you caught your breath for only a second, you rose your gaze to look at them and your heart suddenly sank.

The three didn't show up as humans, under your heightened senses. They were infected, and a parasite was attached to each of their souls, sucking the life out of them, right in front of your eyes.
One of them emitted a pained shriek and you saw his soul darken and go out, like a flashbulb turning off. And in its place, a bright orange light immediately came on.

The body of the civilian contorted, head twisted sideways at an unnatural angle. His eyes opened wide, glowing orange and he suddenly shrieked, lunging at you and bearing his teeth.

(Twilight)

Black, fleshy tendons suddenly sprouted out of the roof, emitting a nausea inducing smell and firmly latched onto your legs, locking you in place. Your slide off the roof came to a halt, at the cost of the blade applying an even greater force, to the wound in your back, pulling at your shoulder blade.

The pain was starting to cloud your vision, numbing your senses, as you discharged the Ice Spike and missed the chain by a few centimeters. As you began slashing the chain with your blade, it began to turn hot red and melt, before finally snapping, its loose end falling into the Shimmer and finally letting you go.

The blade itself, was stuck deep in your back. The wound agitated, sending waves of pain at each provocation. As you grabbed hold of it and started to pull, you felt the world growing dark for a moment, the sounds growing distant.

It felt like you were about to black out, the blade was stuck so deep and so well embedded into the muscle, you inevitably ended up tearing a fresh trail through your tissues. You felt yourself involuntarily screaming, as blood gushed out, splattering over the roof, before, with a final jerk, you tore the blade out and fell flat on your stomach.

You thought you saw Viktoria running and falling on her knees next to you, before your vision faltered completely. Only your daughters muffled voice, rang from somewhere above.

(Twilight suffered -2 HP damage, 1 HP remaining)

(Rogue)

An immense explosion washed over you, threatening you throw you off of the roof. Surprisingly enough, there was no pain. Through the waves of red colored fire that gusted in every direction, you saw your rapping partner shriek and trip off the roof, before fading from sight.

When the nuclear mushroom began finally clearing, you noticed the thirteenth parasite, the one they called 'Big Sister', smirk at the battlefield:

"Hmm... Machine Folk..." she bared her teeth in an ugly smiled and leapt, from one roof to another, heading toward the edge of the city, leaving the area.

A relative quiet fell over the rooftop, with only the brief shrieks of the wounded filling the air.

Johan was sitting down, nursing his right hand that had an open bone fracture.
Kaylee's left wing was dragging behind her.

Ursula was surveing the scene with a horrid expression and cooking something in the palm of her arm.

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Rogue)

An immense explosion washed over you, threatening you throw you off of the roof. Surprisingly enough, there was no pain. Through the waves of red colored fire that gusted in every direction, you saw your rapping partner shriek and trip off the roof, before fading from sight.

When the nuclear mushroom began finally clearing, you noticed the thirteenth parasite, the one they called 'Big Sister', smirk at the battlefield:

"Hmm... Machine Folk..." she bared her teeth in an ugly smiled and leapt, from one roof to another, heading toward the edge of the city, leaving the area.

A relative quiet fell over the rooftop, with only the brief shrieks of the wounded filling the air.

Johan was sitting down, nursing his right hand that had an open bone fracture.
Kaylee's left wing was dragging behind her.

Ursula was surveing the scene with a horrid expression and cooking something in the palm of her arm.

Rogue opens one eye and looks around, before standing up again and coughing awkwardly. "Of course, I knew that was an illusion, I was playing along to add to the realism..."

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Weakened, bleeding, near death and with consiousness fading, Twilight tried to cast heal on herself.

She tried to say some words, but they were inaudiable because her body was so weakened.

"..... Work, dammit.... Just a bit more... Do it for them.... For everyone... Dammit, work..."

If she could clench her fist, she would.

"I can't... Let this... Be... The... End..."

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain quitely steps around the knight, "The storm is calling. The shimmer awaits all. Even ancients. You will join them all. In my name, in my daughters name. For Nyx. For Nifelhime." Her ballista extends and she unloads a single bolt into the parasites skull.

Circi drops onto her back, her spider legs catch and bounce the newly born parasite past her with its own momentum, Streight into the shimmer, "We need to get you back to the camp. You have mere moments to live." She grabs onto both of the civilians, "Else... I will have to have you concider other options." She says looking to a path back to the camp.

"I have an Idea. It will require you becoming greatly ill but it should suppress the parasites in your soul for a little while longer. I will spread my sickness to you, not enough to change you, but enough to hold it off and give you a chance to become witchers." She blinks, "Unless you wish to take the path of the Sinner, both roads are open to you at this time. It is up to you which you take."

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Twilight/Everyone)

As you try to cast Heal, the spell fizzles out at your finget tips, before fading away. Reflecting on the depths of your soul, you suddenly realize you don't have Healing equipped, only Silence and Dispel .

"Mom!" You felt Viktoria drop to her knees and place her hands on your back, gently shaking you "MOM!" She cried, before turning back: "Ursula!!!"

A bright teal glow began emanating from the four winged pegasus, before Ursula rose a half meter into the air and a brilliant wave of blue light washed over the rooftop, swallowing everyone.

(Everyone was healed for +17 HP)

(Rain)

In a spray of ash, the parasite broke apart into dust and was scattered across the city ruins by the wind. A moment had past and there was nobody there, where the bolt had landed, piercing the roof.

(Circi/Everyone)

"...what??" The civilians stare at you horrified, their eyes still glued to the spot, where you hurled the parasite over the edge "We have to become Sinners or live with a parasite, for the rest of our lives!?!" One of them, a young woman, collapsed to her knees, grabbing her head
"No! I don't want any of it! I want to stay human!"

"Circi! Don't waste time with this!" You heard Bastila's impatient bark, as the woman heavily jumped onto the roof beside you, her heavy armor clattering "We have the potions that induce a comatose state, you give it to them, so they can face their parasite and go through the Joining! You force it down their throats if you have to, then move on!
A Sleipnir Witcher unit is following us, they'll evacuate whoever we save! Leave the evacuation to them, we don't have a moment to waste!"

"No!" the civilians began sobbing "No! Its all happening to quickly! I'm not ready for this!"

"Idiot!" Bastila barked at them "You drink the potion or you die! The parasites didn't leave another choice for you!"

The two civilians only broke down in tears harder, as Bastila scowled at them, baring her teeth, before turning her head back to the central city district, where the Castle towers stood. It was built on a hillside and the flood of Shimmer hasn't reached its streets yet, the Shimmer levels haven't risen so high still.

"Move." Bastila firmly called "Give them the Witcher potion you took with you and move. If the library sinks into the Shimmer, all of this will be for nothing."

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Circi/Everyone)

"...what??" The civilians stare at you horrified, their eyes still glued to the spot, where you hurled the parasite over the edge "We have to become Sinners or live with a parasite, for the rest of our lives!?!" One of them, a young woman, collapsed to her knees, grabbing her head
"No! I don't want any of it! I want to stay human!"

"Circi! Don't waste time with this!" You heard Bastila's impatient bark, as the woman heavily jumped onto the roof beside you, her heavy armor clattering "We have the potions that induce a comatose state, you give it to them, so they can face their parasite and go through the Joining! You force it down their throats if you have to, then move on!
A Sleipnir Witcher unit is following us, they'll evacuate whoever we save! Leave the evacuation to them, we don't have a moment to waste!"

"No!" the civilians began sobbing "No! Its all happening to quickly! I'm not ready for this!"

"Idiot!" Bastila barked at them "You drink the potion or you die! The parasites didn't leave another choice for you!"

The two civilians only broke down in tears harder, as Bastila scowled at them, baring her teeth, before turning her head back to the central city district, where the Castle towers stood. It was built on a hillside and the flood of Shimmer hasn't reached its streets yet, the Shimmer levels haven't risen so high still.

"Move." Bastila firmly called "Give them the Witcher potion you took with you and move. If the library sinks into the Shimmer, all of this will be for nothing."

Rogue knees down next to the civilians, "Look, we know what you're going through right now. Truth is, the same thing happened to all of us too. We went through exactly this, and we made it out the other side, so you can as well.

I'm not saying it'll be easy, we all struggled in our own way, but it can be done. You just have to keep hold of what makes you who you are, remember what you're living for."

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Circi nods, pulling the potion from her bag. She gives a glare to bastille, "I REFUSE to force a choice onto another innocent human. They can throw themselfs into the shimmer if they feel like they will lose their humanity." She shakes her head at bastilla looking back to the citizens, "Becoming a witcher doesn't mean giving up your way of life. I was terrified to before my transition." She rests her hand on each of their shoulders, "Each day you feel nifehimes sun, it beats on you, you hear its winds but you dont see its shine." She smiles at the two, "Becoming a witcher isn't a terrible thing. You are able to experience the beauties of this world while it still exists." She gives them a sad smile, "Each day on this planet is a day closer to its end. The parasite horde closes in each moment." She takes their palms, resting the potion in their hands, "Take the potion. Face your demon. View the world through new eyes, and never give up on your humanity because becoming a Sinner or a Witcher doesn't make you any less human its the choices you make with the abilitys given to you." She squeezes their palms, "There is a future. But you must press forward." She nods, "This world is beautiful. I ask you to share these sights with me, and tell me your experiences when we meet next and we will meet again." She smiles, "Who knows... mabye you'll expand your skills and you can save me next time." She nods turning to Bastille, "Lets go." She says walking past her bumping her shoulder firmly, as if walking through her. Circi is Ready to move to the library.

Rain sighs desummoning her weapon and stepping away, "When will we be strong enough." She says looking back to Ursula, "I pray for a day we can look them in the eye, and remind them they aren't invincible. To have their final reaction written in stone. These parasites need to know their place."

Last edited by Some Sinner on Mon 28 Jun - 17:41; edited 2 times in total

Dan One

Dan One

Morgan watches Bastila. Her fist clenches for a moment then reopens

"Your actions are teetering on dishonorable General Bastila. I know you mean well and this suffering is causing great stress, but forcing a change like this is how Rogue Witcher’s are created and close to the mindset of a tyrant. Do not lose your humanity in the process of saving it."

She looks to the civilians "My feelings aside, you still must take the potion and live. Remember that the ritual is inside your own mind and body. You have the home advantage and any past fear the parasite tries to scare you with know that you have already overcome it"

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

With restored life, Twilight got up again, slowly and groaning. "Urgh, that was far too close for comfort..."

She looked at her daughter, smiling slightly. "Viki, sorry for making you worry." Here smile falters. "I'll try better next time."

She then checked if her body still functioned properly, specifically if the strike on her shulder didn't cripple her arm. When her legs stayed in place, she looked at the wrappings.

".... DAMMIT SINNER!!!"

She began to charge dispel to free herself. Meanwhile, she asked "Viki, how long was I out? Did the situation change?"

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Circi's ears perk slightly at Twilights cry, she looks to the roof shes on, "Anybody else hear that bird? No? Must be my imagination."

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Rogue wrote:"Look, we know what you're going through right now. Truth is, the same thing happened to all of us too. We went through exactly this, and we made it out the other side, so you can as well.

I'm not saying it'll be easy, we all struggled in our own way, but it can be done. You just have to keep hold of what makes you who you are, remember what you're living for."
Circi wrote:"Becoming a witcher doesn't mean giving up your way of life. I was terrified to before my transition." She rests her hand on each of their shoulders, "Each day you feel nifehimes sun, it beats on you, you hear its winds but you dont see its shine." She smiles at the two, "Becoming a witcher isn't a terrible thing. You are able to experience the beauties of this world while it still exists." She gives them a sad smile, "Each day on this planet is a day closer to its end. The parasite horde closes in each moment." She takes their palms, resting the potion in their hands, "Take the potion. Face your demon. View the world through new eyes, and never give up on your humanity because becoming a Sinner or a Witcher doesn't make you any less human its the choices you make with the abilitys given to you." She squeezes their palms, "There is a future. But you must press forward." She nods, "This world is beautiful. I ask you to share these sights with me, and tell me your experiences when we meet next and we will meet again." She smiles, "Who knows... mabye you'll expand your skills and you can save me next time."
Morgan wrote: "My feelings aside, you still must take the potion and live. Remember that the ritual is inside your own mind and body. You have the home advantage and any past fear the parasite tries to scare you with know that you have already overcome it"

The civilians look at you with tear filled eyes, but collect themselves and release a smile:

"Thank you." the two said, gingerly accepting the potion: "...thank you."
Opening the cork they swallowed the red colored contents in a matter of gulps and shortly thereafter, drifted away, laying down on the roof and falling asleep.

Something changed in the depths of their soul. The parasites you sensed inside, that were leeching off of the civilians life-force, entered into a state of turmoil. You could almost see the yellow ball of light, representing the human soul and the sickly orange one, representing the parasite, trying to swallow each other, colliding over and over, vying for dominance.

"...this will take time, but at least they have a chance now" Viki quietly said and smiled to you
"Good work. You saved them."

Circi wrote:She gives a glare to bastille, "I REFUSE to force a choice onto another innocent human. They can throw themselfs into the shimmer if they feel like they will lose their humanity."

"We're facing a war of extinction, and you're allowing them a choice of suicide!?" Bastila bared her teeth "One-hundred-thousand people used to live in this city! Most of them are dead! And the same will happen to every other city, if something isn't done!

Throwing away even more lives, isn't just reckless," Bastila collected her fist, in front of her own face "Its outright criminal! Continue down this road and our population numbers will dwindle until they become unsustainable. Humanity on Nifelheim will become extinct!

We adapt, or we die! There was never another option for us! And I'm not prepared to surrender a single life!"

Circi wrote:She nods turning to Bastille, "Lets go." She says walking past her bumping her shoulder firmly, as if walking through her ready to move to the library.

As you bump shoulders with Bastila, you feel as if you ran into a brick wall. Standing at almost 2 meters tall, all muscle and covered in heavy plate armor, Bastila didn't even move and you ended up slightly bouncing off of her, as you bumped into her shoulder.

Bastila raised an eyebrow at you but didn't say anything.

Morgan wrote:Her fist clenches for a moment then reopens

"Your actions are teetering on dishonorable General Bastila. I know you mean well and this suffering is causing great stress, but forcing a change like this is how Rogue Witcher’s are created and close to the mindset of a tyrant. Do not lose your humanity in the process of saving it."

"Do not talk to me about honor, Mercenary" Bastila bared her teeth "I'm not the one who abandoned my oath.
We are ruled by a Military Junta, which means a hierarchical chain of command. You have a problem with how I run things? Win the Tournament for the Chain of Succession and do things better as King.
Until then, I will do Everything in my power, to make sure Humanity, doesn't End" She said, emphasizing the words through gritted teeth.

Twilight wrote:"Viki, sorry for making you worry." Here smile falters. "I'll try better next time."

She then checked if her body still functioned properly, specifically if the strike on her shulder didn't cripple her arm. When her legs stayed in place, she looked at the wrappings.

".... DAMMIT SINNER!!!"

She began to charge dispel to free herself. Meanwhile, she asked "Viki, how long was I out? Did the situation change?"

Viki locked you into an incredibly tight hug, then quickly stood back and looked over your wounds. The giant gash in your back was already regenerating, leaving only but a long scar. It still hurt to move your arm, but the pain was slowly fading.

When Viki noticed you charging Dispel, she stayed your hand "No, save your Mana. The spell only lasts for one turn, it will fade on its own." she said and you noticed the black tendons begin to shrivel up, un-glue themselves from your feet and break into ash.

"You were only out for a couple of seconds, but it seems the Ancient had left." she looked away, to the edge of the city "...why'd she even come this far north? She doesn't usually do that."

(Everyone)

"Move!" Bastila barked again, taking a running jump and beginning to hop, from one roof to the other, sending roof tiles flying in every direction, under her heavy boots.

The ascent to the hillside of the city center proved a grueling experience, all the district that led up to it were flooded. Jumping rooftop to rooftop often proved impossible, as the houses were too far apart, which necessitated using floating debris as stepping stones, running vertically up the high walls of buildings, or taking several turns to fly everyone over.

All the while, the collective cry of the city rose all around you. The dying shrieks of humans and parasites, the sounds of collapsing concrete and sinking structures, the bubbling geyser of Shimmer that sometimes erupted a dozen meters into the air, all blended together into a collective sound of chaos.

A few kilometers away, in the depths of the city, you could still hear an occasional barrage of explosions and magic fire. Someone was still fighting, somewhere, but it was in the opposite direction of where you were headed.

As you reached the upper districts, you finally landed on the firm paved stones of a street. The Shimmer levels hadn't risen this high yet and you could see a green body of water, creating a shore, a few meters behind you and rising, ever so slowly, catching more ground.

"We're almost to the towers, come on" Bastila called, beginning to loudly run uphill, along the street, her armor clattering.

It was some sort of a shopping district, each side of the road was filled with signs, advertising one store or another. Groceries, blacksmiths, carpenters, shoemakers and tailors. All the houses seemed eerily empty, the lights in them had gone out.

Most of the houses seemed intact here, but you could see some of them had their roofs collapsed, the roof tiles still red hot and smoking, from where the meteor shower had hit them.

Adam came to a slow stop, next to one of the shops and lingered there for a second too long, prompting Bastila to look over her shoulder and bark "Move it! What are you waiting for!"

"Look," Adam rose his index finger at the sign above the door frame "...it reads -

Lemeshev's Arcanum

That's Tim's last name... Lemeshev." Adam winced, trying to sense something beyond the walls:
"...there's... someone inside! I sense multiple life-signs inside! They're all infected but... maybe we're not too-"

His words became drowned out, by a cacophony of shrieks and whistles, coming from uphill, up the street. A second later, you saw them. A dozen limping bodies that ran out from the back alleys and started making their way to you. Their eyes glowing bright orange, teeth jagged and black, flesh peeling off of their faces, hands missing chunks, as if something bit into them.

A dozen corpses were shambling toward you, shrieking at the top of their lungs. Their hands rose almost in unison and a barrage of 12 Fear spells peppered you like automatic gunfire. You have close to a second left to react, before the spells will reach you.

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:His words became drowned out, by a cacophony of shrieks and whistles, coming from uphill, up the street. A second later, you saw them. A dozen limping bodies that ran out from the back alleys and started making their way to you. Their eyes glowing bright orange, teeth jagged and black, flesh peeling off of their faces, hands missing chunks, as if something bit into them.

A dozen corpses were shambling toward you, shrieking at the top of their lungs. Their hands rose almost in unison and a barrage of 12 Fear spells peppered you like automatic gunfire. You have close to a second left to react, before the spells will reach you.

Rogue ducks sideways towards the Arcanum, hoping to dodge the spells.

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"Incoming insanity!" Twilight says as she goes for cover.

"Prepare sanity defenses! Give a signal once it's over! Then strike these newborns down!"

Twilight looked at the store, then at Adam. "You want to go in there? It will weakn our group heading to the library, you know. Still, it might be another life saved..."

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Circi stops in her tracks as she hits bastille, she sighs, raising up slightly meeting her face to face. She maintains eye contact, a motion made clear as she tilts her head downward slightly, something Sinners do to make clear the severity of their words. "Humanity deserves hope. Its people deserve respite. to know their way of life is protected even through change." She squints at her, "I dont appreciate your attitude towards the changes becoming a Witcher or a Sinner brings." She shakes her head, "I dont want to hear about it again. Dont EVER ask me to force a witchers life onto another person again." She says firmly. lowering herself to the ground and walking around her.

As they reach Tims Arcanum, Circi presses herself against its side wall, "Guys. Tims neice could be in there." She looks to Twilight, "Today we pay our debt to him, and then give more. Tim didn't deserve what he got, we can still save the person he kept forever in his mind."

Rain sighs, looking to Bastille and Circi for a moment. She shakes her head and begins making her way to the library.

As they approach the Arcanum Rain looks to the sign, "Now... we cant just leave them in there. This is Tims buisness. Seriously? After all we dragged him through its only fair."

Rain is charging Lightning in an aoe.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Circi wrote:"Humanity deserves hope. Its people deserve respite. to know their way of life is protected even through change." She squints at her, "I dont appreciate your attitude towards the changes becoming a Witcher or a Sinner brings." She shakes her head, "I dont want to hear about it again. Dont EVER ask me to force a witchers life onto another person again."

"Must be nice, maintaining a moral high-ground and castigating me as the villain, while holding no responsibility toward preventing human extinction." Bastila bitterly said:
"You can judge me all you want, but I'm going to follow my path, so there's even a human race left to judge me."

Kaylee quietly sighed "...we knew a powerful General once, Logan Krauss.
He too began making morally gray decisions, in the name of global security.
He too believed, the ends justified the means.
His actions indirectly ended up crippling his own daughter, Penny."

"Was your world facing extinction?" Bastila bared her teeth.

"Yes." Kaylee became grim.

"Tsk." Bastila bitterly turned away "Don't compare our worlds. I doubt yours was haunted for a millennia."

"I see you making the same mistakes," Kaylee winced "And I don't want you to end up d- Hey!"

Bastila broke into a long stride, sprinting toward the city center.

Rogue wrote:Rogue ducks sideways towards the Arcanum, hoping to dodge the spells.
Twilight wrote:"Prepare sanity defenses! Give a signal once it's over! Then strike these newborns down!"

Twilight looked at the store, then at Adam. "You want to go in there? It will weakn our group heading to the library, you know. Still, it might be another life saved..."
Circi wrote:As they reach Tims Arcanum, Circi presses herself against its side wall, "Guys. Tims neice could be in there." She looks to Twilight, "Today we pay our debt to him, and then give more. Tim didn't deserve what he got, we can still save the person he kept forever in his mind."
Rain wrote:"Now... we cant just leave them in there. This is Tims buisness. Seriously? After all we dragged him through its only fair."

Rain is charging Lightning in an aoe.

As Rogue ducks toward the Arcanum, the door gives in immediately, making him stumble inside. The Fear spells whizzed past his shoulder, narrowly missing him.

A brief glance around the shop, revealed six bodies, sitting along the walls, on the far side. Their eyes closed, bodies slumped against the walls, a few were sitting behind the counter, that was filled with strange, bizarre and even terrifying looking trinkets.

As soon as you burst in, one of the bodies slowly shifted, rising up in an unnatural pose, revealing a missing chunk on its neck. Its eyes opened wide, burning bring orange. Jaw dropped, revealing jagged teeth and you felt the human soul inside of the body, extinguish, replaced by an orange glow.

The corpse shrieked and lunged at you, knocking aside furniture and sending the trinkets to fly over the shop.

Out on the street, the only cover were pieces of debris, left by a broken carriage and a broken house, the top floor of which had collapsed and set aflame by a meteor, some time ago. Pieces of its walls now littered the street.

As Twilight duck behind cover, the Fear spells began peppering the debris, knocking chunks out of it and flying just over your head.

Left in the open, a pair of red projectiles struck Rain in the chest, before Ursula ran into and collided with Rain, sending both of them tumbling behind a piece of debris. The strange transparent armor around Rain's body vibrated and screeched, like glass shards on a pavement, but it held. Its orange color becoming a little bit dimmer.

(Rain suffered -10 Sanity Armor. 4 Sanity Armor remaining)

You hear a dozen pairs of footsteps rapidly descend toward the debris you were using for cover. They will be on top of you in the next few seconds. The stench of rotting flesh already began assaulting your senses, and you heard the sound of snapping jaws, screeches and moans, as the corpses charged at you.

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:
Rogue wrote:Rogue ducks sideways towards the Arcanum, hoping to dodge the spells.

As Rogue ducks toward the Arcanum, the door gives in immediately, making him stumble inside. The Fear spells whizzed past his shoulder, narrowly missing him.

A brief glance around the shop, revealed six bodies, sitting along the walls, on the far side. Their eyes closed, bodies slumped against the walls, a few were sitting behind the counter, that was filled with strange, bizarre and even terrifying looking trinkets.

As soon as you burst in, one of the bodies slowly shifted, rising up in an unnatural pose, revealing a missing chunk on its neck. Its eyes opened wide, burning bring orange. Jaw dropped, revealing jagged teeth and you felt the human soul inside of the body, extinguish, replaced by an orange glow.

The corpse shrieked and lunged at you, knocking aside furniture and sending the trinkets to fly over the shop.

Rogue raises his Witcher Shield and meets the Glystaria in the middle of the room, slamming into it with the business end.

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"Guys, time and place!" Twilight barks. "Leave those discussions on morals for AFTER we've escaped this sinking city!"

She grumbled to herself. "and then watch everyone forget about it."

Twilight drew her rapier and prepared a fire spell. Waiting patiently for the horde to barge in and then counter with swift strikes and blasts.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain seems a little startled but remains somewhat focused, "12 baddies, I think a big spell can take care of this. I just need a little cover while its charging." She gives Ursula a small tight hug behind cover. "Thanks for that. I have an Area lightning spell charging. I urge you to get out of the way."

Rain growls, getting up and grabbing a peice of debris like a shield and pushing forward into the parasites. Once shes in range, she unloads the spell.

Circi quickly climbs up the Arcanum, and breaks in through a window, she notes the civilians against the wall and moves in close, checking her bag for spare potions, "We got unconscious Civilians here!" She checks their souls, looking to see if their already in turmoil.

Dan One

Dan One

Morgan looks to Kaylee once Bastila starts to move.

"At least the General is aware her actions are being questioned."

………..

Morgan, with the assistance of her wings, leaps over the incoming spells. Hovering in the air she summons her glaive, waits for the street hoard to be in range, then starts throwing her weapon like a spear at the heads of the parasites. After each strike it reappears in her hand again.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

The corpse shrieked, as Rogue slammed his shield into it, inside the shop. The shield lit up so bright, its flames set the corpse on fire immediately, sending unnerving shadows to dance over the room, as the green flame consumed the clothes of the corpse.

The creature instinctively recoiled, flailing its arms, before charging toward a closed window and hurling itself through the glass. As the ringing sound of spraying shards echoed over the shop, two more bodies slowly rose in unnatural poses. Their heads twitching.

In a sudden motion they whipped up their arms and two bright red flames shot towards Rogue.

The body that Circi was currently checking, suddenly opened its eyes, releasing a startling shriek and sank its teeth into Circi's neck, trying to take a chunk out of it.

In a split second that you had to survey the shop, you noticed 3 total bodies that have already turned. And only 2 that were still human, struggling and losing against their infection.

Outside at the barricade, you could hear the corpses getting closer and closer, until they finally spilled over the fortification, like a wave, aiming to pile on top of you and bite a chunk out of anything they could reach.

Three dropped down toward Twilight at the same time, their wild, glowing orange eyes burned with an insane, uncontrollable fire, broken nails extending toward you, as they screamed in a deafening screech.

Two more slammed into Rain's makeshift shield, trying to tear it away and crawl their way around it, wildly flailing their arms and scratching Rain's hand, before the Lighting spell finished its preparation cycle.

The tiny ball of blue light, dancing and sparking in Rains hand suddenly vanished. A sharp electrical sound filled the air, like a spark being lit, over and over. Then a clearly visible, blue current of electricity suddenly zapped up from Rain's feet, running up her body, making her hair stand on its ends, as small currents zapped between them.

The charge ran through her whole body, collecting in her fist, all in a span of a second and suddenly shot forward, in a bang so deafening, you went deaf for a good few seconds.

The electrical charge smashed through the corpses, punching holes the size of bowling balls in their stomach, liquifying their insides and jumping from one corpse to another, like a chained lighting, zig-zagging across the battlefield.

Everything in front of Rain got hit in a zig-zag. The smell of charred flesh assaulted your senses, as 6 bodies shrieked and fell to the ground. Their bodies leaking unpleasant liquids, before turning to ash.

Looking at them from above, the creatures had little defense from aerial attacks, and with a careful aim, the burning, green glaives stared raining down on them, hurled out of Morgans hand, one after another.

The weapon shot through the air like a massive green spear, piercing the parasites whole, pinning them to the ground and sending parts of their limbs flying off, before the glaive exploded in a shower of green sparks, dissipating, prompting the parasites to crumble down into dust, before the weapon was hurled again.

"Yo, way to go guys! That was some lighting strike!" you heard Lighting's gleeful shriek "And I didn't even figure weapons could be used, like unlimited projectile ammo like that!"

"A LITTLE HELP HERE!" Viktoria yelled, darting toward Twilight and trying to chop off the head of one of the corpses, piling on top of her mother, with a massive swing of her scythe.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Circi lets out a startled yipe and flinches at the bite to her neck, through the parasites teeth he can feel her physically relax. digging his teeth deeper into her neck, "You want MY flesh?" She grabs the back of the corpse by the hair, pressing him into the wound, letting her disease do its work, "Fine... Parasite... take it. Enjoy your meal!" She rips him off of her neck and smashes his head into the floor. As she notices the body next to her, something clicks, "FUCKING PARASITES!!!!" She roars crashing the parasites head against the floor, and the wall, in a sheer rage, "THEY KILLED HIM!!! TIM DIED TO THIS FUCKING DISCRACE!" She roars at the remaining body, "HATE!!!! HATE YOUR PARASITE!!! TIM IS DEAD!!! AND THE PARASITES KILLED HIM!! ITS TIME TO FIGHT BACK!! WE HAVE ANSWERS!!!" She picks the corpse up and throws it back to the ground, crushing its skull beneath her heel before her darkened eyes lock on to her next targets.

Shes marching towards the next two parasites, her steps heavy and clearly approaching against the floor. Her gaze says death is imminent.

Rains ears go back, at the deafining sound, but she releases a gitty smile all the same, 'More slaughter coming soon! Featuring Squiggles the spider dog!' She declares joyously in her mind, casting avatar and tossing squiggles to support Twilight.

Rain looks up at Lightnings voice "What the hell are you fighting up there?! Or are you just..." She summons her ballista, ready to fire. She locks onto the third parasite engaging Twilight, unloading a bolt aimed for its skull.

"...Watching the show?"

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

With three of them coming at her, Twilight fires the spell she was holding at first level in the face of the first creature, then jumped aside so they missed. With the limited room she had, she took advantage of the crashing opponents to give stabs in the face, then jump back to safety again.

Viki jumping in to finish it off doesn't seem as appreciated. And Squiggles jumping in was met with a swift stab, only to have it diverted at the last moment to a less vital organ as she realized who it was. A little shocked, followed by annoyance.

"Guys, it would be nice if you let me take care of something on my own." She says with a bit too much negative intonation. "If you need to fight something after your own battle, go calm Circi down, she's losing sight this is a mission and not a personal vendetta."

While speaking, she parried incoming claws and teeth, following up with swift cuts, stabs or strikes with the pommel.

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:The corpse shrieked, as Rogue slammed his shield into it, inside the shop. The shield lit up so bright, its flames set the corpse on fire immediately, sending unnerving shadows to dance over the room, as the green flame consumed the clothes of the corpse.

The creature instinctively recoiled, flailing its arms, before charging toward a closed window and hurling itself through the glass. As the ringing sound of spraying shards echoed over the shop, two more bodies slowly rose in unnatural poses. Their heads twitching.

In a sudden motion they whipped up their arms and two bright red flames shot towards Rogue.

Rogue throws himself to the floor with his shield up over his head to protect from the flames.

Dan One

Dan One

"Technically a thrown Witcher blade is just an unlimited weakened fireball with a much faster cast time. It's effectiveness at that point is in the appearance chosen, it's quality, and accuracy of the Witcher:

Morgan responds to Lightning as another glaive is thrown into a parasite. While in the air she keeps an eye in the surrounding area, watching out for any signs of flanking or suprise shimmer

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Circi felt the parasites teeth sink into her flesh, before your carotid artery got severed and a spray of dark blood shot straight into his mouth.

(Circi suffered -20 HP damage, 17 HP remaining)

(The parasite suffered -20 HP damage)

You heard the creature began emitting muffled gurgling sounds and contorting, as he began involuntarily swallowing the dark blood. His eyes rolled back into his head and his body started disintegrating, with black veins becoming visible all over him.

The first time you smashed him into the floor, he exploded in a pile of ash and nothing much remained to smash anymore.

The last two parasites in the house, decided to forget about Rogue for a moment, with him too well bunkered down. The red spells they fired passed right over Rogue's head, missing him completely, and with him behind a burning shield, the parasites turned their attention to Circi.

Raising their hands in unison, they ran in opposite directions, discharging a Fireball each, aiming toward Circi's center of mass.

As you survey the room, 2 civilians still remain alive by the wall. A young girl in her early twenties, with a pair of overly big, circular glasses on her nose, wearing long dress and a jacket, hair tied back in a ponytail.
And a boy the same age, dressed in some heavy winter clothing, that looked like mismatching pieces of fur, stitched together. Long hair falling over his face and obscuring his eyes.

Both seem unconscious and judging by the rate at which the parasite infection was consuming their bodies, they didn't have long. You estimate that if nothing changes, they might succumb to infection in the next 60 seconds.

You heard a muffled shriek from outside, where a parasite had hurled himself through a window earlier. A spray of ash flew up. And Adam jumped in through the window.

Taking in the situation, you noticed him begin unfolding a rib-whip out of his palm "...we need to get to the civilians! Mom! Rogue!" I called out.

(Rain cast Avatar, her remaining Health and Mana were split evenly between her and Squiggles)

(Rain has 23 HP remaining, and 5 Mana remaining)

(Squiggles has 23 HP remaining, and 4 Mana remaining)

Squiggles materialized in a ball of legs, curled up around his body, hurled forth like a canon ball, that suddenly unfolded with his jagged appendages aimed toward the nearest parasite.
"I WILL FUCK UP YOUR FAAAAAAAAACE- AAAAGH!!" I shrieked, recoiling, as Twilight stabbed him in the gut.

(Squiggles suffered -3 HP damage, 20 HP remaining)

"Agh! Friendly fire!" he started shrieking, hopping away from Twilight "What do you take me for, a stomach worm?!"

As the three parasites started toppling over the barricade, Twilight managed to move out of the way in time and all three collapsed in a heap in the snow. Her fireball incinerated one of them in a bright flash, prompting the other two to start flailing, stepping over each other and trying to get up.

As soon as one of them got a firm foothold, his head was suddenly sent flying, right over the barricade. Viktoria swung her scythe so fast, you didn't even see her blade move, only that she jumped into the snow next to you.

The last parasite barred his jagged teeth, roaring and charged at Twilight, wildly flailing his arms and aiming to tear her apart. His hands were shorter than Twilight's rapier however, and each time he got close, a stab from her weapon followed, making him flinch in pain and pull back, before he tried charging again.

His body began rapidly filling with miniature holes from the rapier, each one doing miniscule damage on its own, but all of them combined together in quick succession resulted in significant damage.

(The parasite suffered -10 HP damage)

With another stab the creature flinched back and stared in surprise as its legs began to disintegrate. A muffled wail followed, as the corpse fell back in the snow, turning to dust.

Briefly scanning the street, you don't see any more targets in the immediate area. Looks like the coast is clear for the moment. Only Lighting and Ursula are energetically flapping their wings over your head, discharging fire and lighting strikes over the roof of a destroyed building, shooting at something on the adjacent street, out of view.

They too stop after a while and land next to you.

"I always watch the show," Lighting raised her smoking finger and blew out the smoke, as if it was a gun's barrel "..tehe."

"We were being flanked by a pair of enemies, don't worry though, they're dead now" Ursula nodded.

"Two more enemies inside the shop!" Kaylee called "Plus two more civilians!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum