The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Slavegear - Part 3

+3
Disgruntled purple
Derpy/V'tara
Rogue Fire
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 40]

551Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 10:50

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Her magic wrapped around the hairpins to achieve a better grip on them. Gently, she slid them into the lock and cast a short spell that allowed her to see the inside of the lock. Yup, she had certainly done this before.

A few twists here and there, her ears waiting for that telltale click.

552Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 11:04

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

The lock emitted a rusty clank and fell open.

Kaylee slowly moved closer and gently opened the lid. She looked inside for a moment, trying to comprehend what she was seeing.
Inside the box, you notice a great number of rectangular, wooden objects, standing side by side, dusty and close together. Each object was made of a differently colored wood.

Kaylee squinted at it, then her eyes slowly widened: "....are those... paintings?.."

She quietly whispered and gently pulled at one of the wooden frames. With a thick cloud of dust, a large painting emerged from the box, surrounded by a beautifully decorated, wooden frame.

On the picture, a depiction of four batponies, in beautiful white robes, dining next to a riverbed, sitting under the shadow of leaves, as the afternoon sun shined around them.

"..oh my god..." Kaylee quietly whispered: "...was this... painted by the batponies?..." she gently held the picture in her hands, showing it to you and gingerly holding on to it, as if it can crumble at any moment:

"...they lived under foreign occupation for so long, they slowly lost the means to create art... this painting must be decades of years old... a little piece of their lost culture...

But... what is it doing here? In this crumbling warehouse?.."

Harlequin slightly turned her head away from the window and quietly answered: "...the Masters probably saw no point in it. Or, perhaps it bothered them somehow. So they just shoved it inside this hole and forgot about it.
Out of sight, out of mind.

And it stood here, for so long, that the locals forgot it was even here to begin with... and, its not like the slaves were permitted to explore the streets on their own...

The Masters just took away our culture and buried it here..."

Kaylee stared at the painting in shock, then at the dozens of other painting like it, inside the same box. Then at the number of boxes inside the warehouse.

"...there's so much here..." she quietly said in a colorless voice.

Then she gently placed the painting down and started to pull out the others from the box, one by one, looking at them and placing them beside the box. An expression of grief began to reflect in her eyes.

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

553Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 13:05

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"Kaylee... We need to report this warehouse to a museum or somthing..." rain says drumming her fingers against on a diffrent box, "they are all beautiful..." she closes her eyes and whispers.

554Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 13:26

Dan One

Dan One

(Radiance)
Not really able to get the full enjoyment out of the paintings Radiance made his way over to Harlequin. He leaned against the wall alongside the window folding his arms. His posture casual but alert at the same time.

"Bit for your thoughts?" he casually commented.

555Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 13:33

Dan One

Dan One

(Tarmikos)
Aware that his action may have made things worse but still not at a total loss Tarmikos quickly moved to beside Eva, crouching beside her. Using another round of levitation magic Tarmikos quickly formed a bunker from the rocks and metal around himself and Eva, making sure to place a few burning pieces inside to provide light.

The bunker wasn't designed to be impenetrable, and would most likely fall after a few hits from a large hammer or a basic magic attack. He could feel his magic start to dwindle again, not really surprised but still, upset that it hadn't returned permanently.

"Do you want the short or long version of what happened," he asked Eva

556Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 14:28

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Tarmikos)

"Not the time.. for a casual chat.." Eva weakly coughed, grabbing at the wound on her stomach:

"...Tarmikos.. I'm bleeding out... apply pressure to the wound.. you have to stabilize me, or I won't live past.. the next five minutes..." she quietly whispered, closing her eyes. Her face and lips were ghostly pale:

"...and turn off.. that damned light... you're giving away our position..." she struggled to look around the makeshift bunker:

"...whoever shot down.. the helicopter... they'll be coming for us... a hit squad..." her eyes closed again, she's drifting into unconsciousness:

"...they will either... execute us... or torture us for intel... then kill us anyway..."

With the last of her strength she grabbed on to the sleeve of your shirt and struggled to focus her eyes on you:

"Tarmikos... stabilize me... and go... I'll keep them.. distracted... while you escape...
You have no chance of taking them head on... just go.. there's nothing more you can do here...

I'll make sure.. they're focused on me..." another coughing fit set a small spray of blood over your face. Eva began fading into unconsciousness again.

(Everyone)

Harlequin absentmindedly adjusted her hair and looked out the window again:

"...I don't understand you.." she said after a long moment: "...you, Rain, all of you...

Malice will always dwell inside the hearts of men. Try as you might, there will always be more. More bad things will happen. More suffering. More pain. It will continue on and on, whether you interfere or not..."

She briefly looked you in the eyes:

"...Even if you take down Marek, another 'Marek' will rise in his stead. In some other country, in some another forgotten place in the world, and the cycle of suffering will repeat.

You probably won't even know that its happening, until the damage is already done. And once again, all you can do is hunt down the one responsible. But, to what end?

Whats the point of fighting, if the cycle will never stop?

No one ordered you to do this... you chose this of your own free will... but why?

Whats the point to fight against fate? Even when you know you can't change it?

I don't understand.." Harlequin looked through the window again.

Kaylee slowly stopped her subconscious actions and slowly nodded to Rain:

"Yes... yes, you're right!" she looked at Rain with fire in her eyes: "We definitely need to do this! Right after our mission is over, we need to make sure that all of these relics are passed on to museums...

Even a single one of these pictures has so much to say about their culture... look-" Kaylee lifted one of the pictures and gently breathed on it, blowing the dust away:

"Euphy li-Asteria, the Queen of Nyx" Kaylee quietly said, looking at the picture with reverence.
A beautiful purple colored, batpony mare with clear eyes, was looking at you from the picture. A calming smile on her lips, a simple yet exotic looking dress, a few small decorations on her clothing and a shining blue Tiara over her hair.
The Tiara looks suspiciously familiar.

"...they must have had a monarchy, once.. "Kaylee said: "..this picture looks so old though, it must have been painted well over 80 years ago, possibly more... I wander what happened to her?
Euphy li-Asteria...

I wander if her descendants still live today.."

"Maybe.." Harlequin replied in a quiet, colorless voice: "..its possible they were killed by the Masters... or serve as slaves in the mines... or live another uneventful life... or maybe they became someone like Marek..."

Harlequin looked at Kaylee for a moment, before she continued: "I know what you're thinking Kaylee and its a bad idea...
Finding a good leader for the people of Nyx is important. Finding someone honorable to replace Marek, is important, and perhaps, people will rally around someone who they will consider a part of the royal bloodline.
But we have no idea if these descendants still live and if they're even fit to rule a nation...
If they even want to...

You can make them to be a powerful symbol but little more... its best to find someone who actually knows how to lead his people... forget about the royal bloodline... its a dead end.."

557Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 14:44

Dan One

Dan One

(Tarmikos)
Tarmikos sighed quickly putting out the fires then returning and placing his hands on Eva's wound "There's still one thing I can do," his voice came out the pitch darkness, it sounded more like he was thinking out loud. Several moments later a bright green glow emitted from his hand. His eyes, Eva's stomach wound, and Tarmikos' own stomach slowly began to take on the same glow.

As Eva's wound sealed Tarmikos' own stomach began to slowly rip open. The light from the magic illuminating the grimaced look on his face. As Eva's wound completely sealed Tarmikos fell back against the bunker's wall. His breathing raspy

"I'm...sorry" he managed to croak out between gasps.

558Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 15:16

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

At Harlequin's words, something clicked inside of Moon's head. She sighed and turned to Kaylee.

"Gimme a minute" she whispered, a strange sort of sadness in her eyes.

Silently, she stood up and walked slowly, each step gentle and quiet as she went and crouched down, sitting behind an old box on the ground.

559Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:15

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain walks beside harle, "yes the cycle continues... But think about what would happen if people like mirek were allowed to just... Win..." she stands in front of her, "we do what we do so that cycle never finishes... It doesnt matter if it repeats... It doesnt matter if other people think what were doing is useless... I know that they have been done wrong, mirek has used them as his puppets to try to prove his point." She looks back at Kaylee, "behind that sweet, kind, caring personality we keep hearing about is a psychopath with no remorse to anyone other then his own kind..." she looks back at Harle, "its about justice, its about revenge, its about making sure this part of the cycle doesnt make it past us..." she remains silent a moment, "...it doesnt matter if it will happen again..." she whispers, "...what matters is right now."

560Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 22:17

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight sits on a bench, thinking out loud some more.

"So there's art here... Mostly art of the batpony history... It would make sense for the batponies to not find it because they were enslaved. But it doesn't make sense for the masters to just leave it here to rot. If a batpony escaped and found it, it would send an uproar around the world. That would be enough. But all that stood between them and here was a rusty-"

Something clicked in her head, and she looked around. She quickly began to study the dust, the location of the cobwebs, anything to determine a certain falseness in how long it was stored here.

"It's a long shot, but possible. They can't just leave this to just rot. If they wanted to get rid of it, they should've just burned it. Guys! I think... The masters wanted to make this forgotten art... Then "discover it" and sell it at auctions for massive amounts of money."

561Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 8:30

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Velvet_horse wrote:Twilight sits on a bench, thinking out loud some more.

"So there's art here... Mostly art of the batpony history... It would make sense for the batponies to not find it because they were enslaved. But it doesn't make sense for the masters to just leave it here to rot. If a batpony escaped and found it, it would send an uproar around the world. That would be enough. But all that stood between them and here was a rusty-"

Something clicked in her head, and she looked around. She quickly began to study the dust, the location of the cobwebs, anything to determine a certain falseness in how long it was stored here.

"It's a long shot, but possible. They can't just leave this to just rot. If they wanted to get rid of it, they should've just burned it. Guys! I think... The masters wanted to make this forgotten art... Then "discover it" and sell it at auctions for massive amounts of money."

"I don't know, the nobility can be pretty absent-minded sometimes..." Lord Wyvern says, as he strolls around the warehouse looking for any other doors.

562Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 2:43

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

There appears to be another closed door, at the opposite end of the warehouse. A spare exit, by the looks of it, to make it easier to move packages in and out.
The forgotten atmosphere of the warehouse seems genuine.

Kaylee looked around and nodded: "Its possible that the masters really did store it here, just to sell later. But by the looks of thing, they never got around to it.
Marek began his revolution, the Union joined in and the masters were forced to run for their life. Its possible they didn't have time or the means to take all this when they left.."

After hearing Harlequin, Moons and Rains words, Kaylee released a small, shy smile:

".. come on guys. We can't forget what we're fighting for.
Its true that there will always be bad people, but there will be good people too.
We are the counter force, the ones who rise against the darkness, everytime evil takes root.
And for every 'Marek', there will be a Moon and Rain and so many others to stand against him.

Us and people like us, will always rise, to defend those who cannot defend themselves. We have the ability, to brighten the lives of the people we meet, even at the darkest of times.
Bring them happiness, even if for only a moment, and I think thats beautiful" Kaylee released a bright smile.

Then slowly walked around one of the larger boxes and kneeled next to Moon:
"...are you alright?" she asked gently, releasing a reassuring smile.

563Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 2:46

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Everyone)

There appears to be another closed door, at the opposite end of the warehouse. A spare exit, by the looks of it, to make it easier to move packages in and out.
The forgotten atmosphere of the warehouse seems genuine.

Kaylee looked around and nodded: "Its possible that the masters really did store it here, just to sell later. But by the looks of thing, they never got around to it.
Marek began his revolution, the Union joined in and the masters were forced to run for their life. Its possible they didn't have time or the means to take all this when they left.."

After hearing Harlequin, Moons and Rains words, Kaylee released a small, shy smile:

".. come on guys. We can't forget what we're fighting for.
Its true that there will always be bad people, but there will be good people too.
We are the counter force, the ones who rise against the darkness, everytime evil takes root.
And for every 'Marek', there will be a Moon and Rain and so many others to stand against him.

Us and people like us, will always rise, to defend those who cannot defend themselves. We have the ability, to brighten the lives of the people we meet, even at the darkest of times.
Bring them happiness, even if for only a moment, and I think thats beautiful" Kaylee released a bright smile.

Then slowly walked around one of the larger boxes and kneeled next to Moon:
"...are you alright?" she asked gently, releasing a reassuring smile.

Lord Wyvern checks the spare exit to see how secure it is.

564Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 3:37

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Tarmikos)

Your consciousness began to fade into oblivion.

Everything was surrounded by darkness. Here and there, glimpses of pictures passed over your eyes. Distand and muffled voices, echoed at the edge of your vision.

Eva's angry screaming. Bitter and guilty tears in her eyes.
Green fire and explosions. Flying rocks and debris.
Ice spikes whistlight through the night.

You vaguely felt being dragged through the cold, barren ground. Eva's breath, as she leaned over you, to shield you from the fires of magic and the hail of arrows that rained from above.

"...-Sparrow One is down... Sparrow One is down..." You heard Eva's voice, whispering into her radio:
"...everyones dead or wounded... any agents in the area, please respond..."

You briefly saw Eva's dirty face, hovering over you in the darkness, covered in layers of dirt and dried blood, whispering into her radio, slowly dragging you through the ground and watching something behind her:

"...we're surrounded..."she continued to quietly whisper: "..can't hold on... I'm initiating Zero Protocol.. the suicide pill is ready... the enemy must not learn the location of Mother Base...
Sparrow One, signing out"

Eva looked you in the eyes. Pain and regret vividly reflected over her face.
She was holding something in her mouth.

She closed her eyes and whispered with guilt: "...I'm sorry... I did my best... They can't take me alive... I know too much...
I'm sorry I couldn't protect you.."

A few ice spikes whistled over her head and several entered her shoulder. She screamed in pain, and almost fell over. Despair reflected in her eyes and she looked down:
"...goodbye"

Everything faded to black. The sounds slowly faded away and through the unseen veil, you could faintly hear a muffled radio transmission:

"...Sparrow One...
Shinigami receiving... en route to your position... out"

Then, you lost consciousness.

------------------------------

The sound of fire faintly echoed at the edge of your senses.
As you open your eyes, the sight of a campfire opens before you.
Its still night. You seem to be sitting in the middle of a broken, brick building with no roof.

The sounds of cars and industrial noice faintly reach your hearing. It seems you're close to a city.

As you look at your chest, it seems that someone tightly bandaged your stomach. You also notice several bandages on your shoulder, from the wounds you dont remember receiving.

You feel extremely weak. Each heartbeat responds with a throbbing, unbearable pain, all over your body.

As you look around, you notice Eva and Elisabeth sitting nearby, around the fire.
Eva's arms are covered in bandages as well. Dried blood can be seen all over her body. She still looks a bit pale and barely holding herself togethet.

Elisabeth didn't seem tired though. She was wearing plain street clothes, not a single drop of blood on them.
A few stains of dirt can be seen on her ankles.

Both Eva and Elisabeth seem to be absentmindedly looking at the fire, sitting in silence and trying to warm up their palms.

565Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 9:10

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Moon sighed, lifting her head from where she had buried it into her arms. A few stray tears rolled down her cheeks, which she quickly wiped away.

"Harlequin's right....." she mumbled

"I've seen it before. I tried to fight a powerful force, and all it did was cost me all my life's work." She looked to Kaylee "Last time I tried this was the biggest screw up of my life, and it almost got me killed. I fought against an alicorn and spent years locked away.......I don't know if I can do this again...." she started to cry.

566Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 9:37

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

"Oh Moon.." Kaylee gently whispered and hugged Moon Dusts:

"...do you know how many times I've said those words to myself? How many times I've felt weak, useless and became consumed by despair?

Do you know what kept me going? It was you, Moon.

Every time I felt weak, you were there to support me... So now I am here to support you...

..Lean on my shoulder... I will be here for you... and every time we feel weak, we will support each other, over and over, until our heavy task is done.

That's what friends are for" Kaylee smiled, with tears in her eyes.

567Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 9:44

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

As Wyvern checks the other exit, the doors seem to be locked from outside.

Harlequin shifted slightly on her table and looked out the window again: "...we should get some rest while we can. It may be a while..

I'll let you know when Drasko stops moving.." she briefly rolled up her sleeve and looked at the touchscreen on her wrist.

568Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 11:57

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight began pacing around the room, again in thought.

"How long was that revolution ago again? Was there enough time? The dust is think enough, but these cobwebs are suspicuiously high..."

She rubs her chin, thinking more.

"And what can we do with this. It's something that when discovered, many parties would want unharmed..."

She stops again, looking at the painting taken out. Then, her face turns into a wicked sneer, and a chuckle escapes her mouth.

"Oh, this discovery got more worth now..."

569Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 12:11

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

She hugged Kaylee tightly, trying to control her crying but failing anyway.

"I-I just want this all to be over......." she mumbled quietly "So I can go home...." her hands trembled a little as she cried into Kaylees shoulder.

570Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 12:40

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Velvet_horse wrote:Twilight began pacing around the room, again in thought.

"How long was that revolution ago again? Was there enough time? The dust is think enough, but these cobwebs are suspicuiously high..."

She rubs her chin, thinking more.

"And what can we do with this. It's something that when discovered, many parties would want unharmed..."

She stops again, looking at the painting taken out. Then, her face turns into a wicked sneer, and a chuckle escapes her mouth.

"Oh, this discovery got more worth now..."

"What do you mean?" Lord Wyvern asks Twilight as he returns to the others.

571Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 0:08

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain looks to Harle with a dissapointed look in her eyes. She takes her hand a moment and takes her a few feet away, "listen... Harle..." she says in a calm, nonthreatening tone, "...a lot of our moral is really gone and it really is getting hard to uphold our sanity, and our motivation... I mean..." she points to moon looking over at her, "look at her... Look at the way she's been acting..." she looks back to harle, "...shes been through a lot... We all just want to go home and see our familys but we cant... Were stuck here solving this issue to prove our innocence..." she looks down, "please... Harle... Take into concideration the groups mental state..." she says quitely.

572Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 1:24

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

"..I'm sorry" Harlequin looks away: "..my words were not meant to be overheard by others.
I was only echoing my own thoughts and emotions.

But my burdens not need be your own. I'm sorry I've caused you unnecessary grief. It was not my intent.

I'm finally starting to see that you're not imprisoned by fate, like I am...

Its not right for me to burden you with my grief. My fate is mine alone. I'm sorry.
I won't echo my emotions again.. "

Harlequin slightly nodded and slowly returned to sit on the table, next to the window, silently watching the outside.

Her body language became more robotic, more precise. Her undivided attention was now focused on scanning the alley, outside of the warehouse.

Kaylee continued to hug Moon, gently patting her on the back: "Its okay. Everything will be over soon. If we all stick together, I know we can make it"

Harlequin briefly looked at her wrist, then quietly said: "...Drasko has stopped moving.
I have his location. We should head out soon.."

573Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 10:02

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"Later, Wyvern. I have use for these."

She begins to search a crate for some small paintings, ones that can be carried around.

~Excellent. The worth of these paintings in monetary and historical value are incalculatable. No one wants to see these hurt. Artemis would want them for the money, and the batponies want them for the history and cultural meaning. And if they attack on his orders despite knowing that, it will prove one thing...~

Her grin becomes wider, with a hint.

~The vampire unit is entirely about revenge and destruction.~

574Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 10:50

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Velvet_horse wrote:"Later, Wyvern. I have use for these."

She begins to search a crate for some small paintings, ones that can be carried around.

~Excellent. The worth of these paintings in monetary and historical value are incalculatable. No one wants to see these hurt. Artemis would want them for the money, and the batponies want them for the history and cultural meaning. And if they attack on his orders despite knowing that, it will prove one thing...~

Her grin becomes wider, with a hint.

~The vampire unit is entirely about revenge and destruction.~

"I really don't like that look..." Lord Wyvern mutters skeptically and wanders off.

575Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 16:38

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain stands beside harle, "thats not what i mean..." she whispers leaning close to her, "im here if you need to talk..."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum