The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Slavegear - Part 3

+3
Disgruntled purple
Derpy/V'tara
Rogue Fire
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 40]

576Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 15:05

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

"...thank you.." Harlequin quietly said in a colorless voice, then slowly jumped off the table and began heading toward the exit:

"..its time to go. The Artemis patrols would have passed us by now.."

As Twilight looks through the crate, you notice several small paintings, that were probably meant to stand on a table, by the looks of it. Very small, a little larger than an average persons palm.
A painting of a river, in the middle of a forest.
A family of batponies, flying under the moonlight.
A child, sitting on the shoulders of his father and laughing.

Kaylee's heart was visibly twisting at the sight of neglect and dust over the paintings.

"We should go.." Harlequin quietly called from the door: "..we can notify the Adelheid museum later.."

The walk through the city of Drahoslav took almost an hour.
Sticking to the back alleys and on constant watch for Artemis, proved time consuming. But even from the back alleys, the vibrant lights of the capital city, still cast a noticeable shine over the area.

The architecture here was very diverse and unique. Every few blocks, the exterior design of the buildings, changed to almost an unrecognizable degree. Each one beautiful and unique in its own way. Carvings of stone, statues and extremely tall columns.

Harlequin quietly mentioned, that throughout the three hundred years of occupation, each foreign country that held control over Nyx, added a little bit of itself to the cities, resulting in a unique mix of cultures, in close proximity to each other.
You noticed architectural designs from three different countries as you made your way through the city.

And at the center of Drahoslav, stood a majestic mountain, so tall that its peak was hidden behind the cover of clouds.
Countless buildings and skyscrapers were built at the base of the mountain, and a few districts were even build on the side of the rock giant, that stood at the center of the capital city of Nyx.

Dodging Artemis became harder here. To reach Drasko, you were forced to sneak through several busy streets and hide in the crowds of the city, until Harlequin finally stopped at the base of the mountain.

But instead of picking one of the streets that went further up the side of the mountain, Harlequin headed down.

An underground passageway, so wide that cars could pass through, led somewhere into the depths of the mountain. And after several minutes, it became apparent,

There was an underground city, built under the mountain. Wide streets, lit up with orange lights. Roads and buildings. Cafe's and bars, the underground city had almost everything. The only exception was a rocky ceiling above, replacing the stars in the sky.

The crowd was much thinner here and almost no Artemis soldiers. For some reason, they seemed to be avoiding this place.

Harlequin finally stopped on one of the quieter streets, and pointed at a featureless metal door, built into the side of the wall:

"...there..." she quietly said: "...Drasko's signal points through there"

"This is so wierd.." Kaylee quietly said, looking at the street surrounding you. A road, built underground, with bright flashy lights and buildings on both sides of the street. A rocky ceiling above, a few pedestrians walking by, and a metal door, built into the side of the wall.

"...We should be careful from here on out" Kaylee quietly whispered: "No telling what's behind that door. We could be walking into Vampire Unit HQ for all we know.. stay on your guard.."

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

577Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 15:30

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

"Right" she nodded, her hand gripping the handle of her sword. She sniffed around the door and listened carefully, maybe hoping to hear or smell something suspicious. "And if it is Vampire Unit HQ?"

578Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 15:31

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:"This is so wierd.." Kaylee quietly said, looking at the street surrounding you. A road, built underground, with bright flashy lights and buildings on both sides of the street. A rocky ceiling above, a few pedestrians walking by, and a metal door, built into the side of the wall.

"...We should be careful from here on out" Kaylee quietly whispered: "No telling what's behind that door. We could be walking into Vampire Unit HQ for all we know.. stay on your guard.."

"If you think THIS is weird, you need to get out more" Lord Wyvern jokes "There's a lot more the world can throw at you with a curveball than this."

579Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 15:45

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"Well, I supposed I have been stuck on a warship for too long.. ehehe.." Kaylee released a quiet, shy laugh.

The door smells mostly of dirt and candle wax. Apart from that, you don't smell anything out of the ordinary.
From the other side of the door, you can hear muffled whispers. The voices are very distant but it seems like someone is having a casual conversation inside.

"..if it is the Vampire Unit HQ, then we should try to assess the situation and see if we can infiltrate the place unnoticed, then locate Marek if possible" Kaylee nodded, then looked at the door:

"Mmm... sounds like someone's talking on the other side.. and there's a thin opening under the door.. perhaps we can try to see what's on the other side, to better assess the situation.
This could turn out to be just a bar after all.."

Harlequin waited in silence, some distance away. After a while she quietly called:

"..I'm sorry to bother you but, does anyone have a spare hand held radio? If you're alright with it, I would like to dismantle one for parts... my mask has been malfunctioning, ever since the mission at the radio station.

If no one minds.. I would like to fix it as soon as possible, using the parts from a spare radio..
I can do it on the go, you don't have to slow down for me..." Harlequin quietly said, she looks uneasy.

580Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 15:50

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:"Well, I supposed I have been stuck on a warship for too long.. ehehe.." Kaylee released a quiet, shy laugh.

The door smells mostly of dirt and candle wax. Apart from that, you don't smell anything out of the ordinary.
From the other side of the door, you can hear muffled whispers. The voices are very distant but it seems like someone is having a casual conversation inside.

"..if it is the Vampire Unit HQ, then we should try to assess the situation and see if we can infiltrate the place unnoticed, then locate Marek if possible" Kaylee nodded, then looked at the door:

"Mmm... sounds like someone's talking on the other side.. and there's a thin opening under the door.. perhaps we can try to see what's on the other side, to better assess the situation.
This could turn out to be just a bar after all.."

Harlequin waited in silence, some distance away. After a while she quietly called:

"..I'm sorry to bother you but, does anyone have a spare hand held radio? If you're alright with it, I would like to dismantle one for parts... my mask has been malfunctioning, ever since the mission at the radio station.

If no one minds.. I would like to fix it as soon as possible, using the parts from a spare radio..
I can do it on the go, you don't have to slow down for me..." Harlequin quietly said, she looks uneasy.

"If Marek is there, he'll likely be surrounded by bodyguards" Lord Wyvern said.

581Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 15:56

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"Right" Kaylee nodded: "Hopefully the place is big though, and we'll have enough room to stay out of sight"

Harlequin shuffled her feet. She's still looking at you expectantly.

582Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 16:00

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:"Right" Kaylee nodded: "Hopefully the place is big though, and we'll have enough room to stay out of sight"

Harlequin shuffled her feet. She's still looking at you expectantly.

"Oh yeah, that might've been our fault with the EMP, sorry" Lord Wyvern apologises as he passes his radio over to her "I guess we at least owe you the parts you need to fix it."

583Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 16:06

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Harlequin slightly bowed and slowly took the radio:

"Thank you, Wyvern. I appreciate it" She quietly said and began tinkering with the radio. After a few moments, she pulled a small electrical part out of the radio and inserted it into the side of her mask.

Something inside her mask emitted a faint click and Harlequin slightly nodded: "...that should be enough... thank you again..
I'm afraid the radio I took won't work anymore though.."

584Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 16:09

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:Harlequin slightly bowed and slowly took the radio:

"Thank you, Wyvern. I appreciate it" She quietly said and began tinkering with the radio. After a few moments, she pulled a small electrical part out of the radio and inserted it into the side of her mask.

Something inside her mask emitted a faint click and Harlequin slightly nodded: "...that should be enough... thank you again..
I'm afraid the radio I took won't work anymore though.."

"That's fine" Lord Wyvern shrugs "I'm sure a use for it will come up at some point."

585Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 16:09

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Moon bent down to the ground and looked under the door, trying to see what was inside, if she could.

586Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 16:25

Dan One

Dan One

(Radiance)
Focusing on the area beyond the shut door and shutting out the conversation around him Radiance starts to analyze the vocal tones of the whispers. Even without being able to actually hear what they were saying a lot cold be taken from the speed and cadence of the conversation.

587Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 17:14

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

As you look under the door, you notice a roughly built tunnel, resembling that of a mine. Walls and ceiling with extremely rough edges and wooden support beams, propping the ceiling.

The tunnel splits into several directions and you notice a few light bulbs here and there, faintly illuminating the area.

Two batponies in extremely worn clothing, are sitting atop a few crates and casually talking.
They look extremely thin and worn out. They don't look like soldiers.

The two are talking calmly and quietly. Judging by the tone of their voice and the bits of conversation that reach you, they seem to be very tired and waiting for some sort of 'event' to happen soon. Some sort of public gathering, from what you can tell.

After a few moments they slowly get up, stretch for a bit and proceed further down the tunnels, disappearing from sight.

Kaylee was looking at Harlequin during this time and after a few moments, she asked:

"...Harlequin.. why do you need a mask? .. you don't wish for people to know who you are?"

Harlequin looked at her and replied in a quiet deadpan:

"I use it to hide the horrible scars on my face..." she waited a moment, then continued:

"...just kidding. I wear the mask, so people will recognize me. When they see the white painted mask, they know I am Harlequin.

But, who is Harlequin 'really'? In the end, what does it matter?

When a clown removes her paint, she's still a clown but in disguise, no?

It is only when she is painted, that people applaud.."

588Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 17:20

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:As you look under the door, you notice a roughly built tunnel, resembling that of a mine. Walls and ceiling with extremely rough edges and wooden support beams, propping the ceiling.

The tunnel splits into several directions and you notice a few light bulbs here and there, faintly illuminating the area.

Two batponies in extremely worn clothing, are sitting atop a few crates and casually talking.
They look extremely thin and worn out. They don't look like soldiers.

The two are talking calmly and quietly. Judging by the tone of their voice and the bits of conversation that reach you, they seem to be very tired and waiting for some sort of 'event' to happen soon. Some sort of public gathering, from what you can tell.

After a few moments they slowly get up, stretch for a bit and proceed further down the tunnels, disappearing from sight.

Kaylee was looking at Harlequin during this time and after a few moments, she asked:

"...Harlequin.. why do you need a mask? .. you don't wish for people to know who you are?"

Harlequin looked at her and replied in a quiet deadpan:

"I use it to hide the horrible scars on my face..." she waited a moment, then continued:

"...just kidding. I wear the mask, so people will recognize me. When they see the white painted mask, they know I am Harlequin.

But, who is Harlequin 'really'? In the end, what does it matter?

When a clown removes her paint, she's still a clown but in disguise, no?

It is only when she is painted, that people applaud.."

"I don't know, comedians can get some laughs without facepaint..." Lord Wyvern says.

589Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 17:52

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight looks over the three small paintings she took, trying to formulate a way to keep them safe during the current situation.

"I should've grabbed something to keep them in."

She hides them on her person, looking at the door.

"So another metal door. Hmmm... We're at the belly of the beast or not?"

590Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 18:44

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"Unknown" Harlequin quietly said: "We should proceed with caution.

It seems the ones immediately on the other side of the door, have left. We should use the opportunity to get in unnoticed"

591Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 19:13

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

"Right" she nodded "So we go in". Pressing one hand on the door handle, she pushed it down.

592Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 19:56

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain was tempted to breach and clear like she had been taught in artimis. Bursf in, tell everyone to get down and dont move, if somebody pulls a weapon disarm them, diable them, or kill them.

She shakes her head just... Looking at the door in thought. Its when she hears moon turn the doors handle when she snaps back into reality, "here we go..." she whispers to no one in paricular.

"So Harle..." she says quitely, "what exactly is in that mask?" her rainy blue eyes meet harle's, "technology wise..." she smiles a bit.

593Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 20:11

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

For some reason Harlequin became extremely uncomfortable:

"Nothing.." she replied a little too quickly. Then slowly exhaled and looked away: "Nothing of consequence..." she briefly looked at you: "..its.. nothing to worry about. Just an earpiece radio is all... we should go"

The door slightly clanked and opened, as Moon pushed down the door handle, and Harlequin quickly tiptoed toward it.

The door slowly opened, revealing a long mining tunnel that continued on into the mountain and split into three different pathways.
You don't see anyone in your field of vision at the moment.

Harlequin quickly stepped through, briefly looked over the tunnel and began heading deeper inside:

"...I don't see any obvious traps...so far" she quietly said: "Drasko should be... to the left" she pointed at the left tunnel, briefly checking her touchscreen:

"..proceed with caution" she whispered, waving you to follow.

594Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sat 14 Jan - 20:39

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain frowns a little and shakes her head, "i'll find out later..." she says to herself watching Harle walk away, mabye, mabye not scanning her over while she had the chance. She smiles a little and follows behind harle, her bow drawn and an arrow knocked.

595Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sun 15 Jan - 11:13

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Harlequin walked through the tunnel in a brisk pace, without making a sound. At some point she jolted and looked at you:

"Drasko's transmitter is picking up audio! He's talking to someone! I'm patching the transmission to you radios-"

She went silent and your radios briefly crackled with static, before Drasko's distorted voice began to come through your earpiece:

"-Marek!!!"
"-... Drasko... you seem upset. Did something happen?"
"-Did you cause the Slavegear incident!!"
"-Drasko.."
"-Did you cause the Slavegear incident!!! Look me in the eye! LOOK ME IN THE EYE GOD DAMMIT!"
"-If you want answers, you will calm down. Take a seat, breath a little. You're on edge.."

Kaylee's eyes widened: "That's Mareks voice! Drasko's talking to Marek! He's here!"

As you continue to move down the tunnel, you round the corner and suddenly come face to face with a group of four batponies, dressed in worn miners clothing.
They flinch away from you and slightly back away, raising their hands in a calming manner:
"Artemis soldiers? P-please, don't hurt anyone, we have families here"

You notice the tunnel proceeding further into the mountain, behind them.

596Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sun 15 Jan - 14:42

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

"It's alright, we're not here to hurt you" Moon said, removing her hand from her sword "Calm down. Now, do you know where Marek is? We want to speak with him. We're not Artemis"

597Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sun 15 Jan - 15:32

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

The four ponies exchange alarmed looks. Its clear they don't fully trust you.

Drasko's voice continued to echo in your earpiece:

"-A hundred thousand people Marek! All dead!"

"-..why do you care about what happens to them, Drasko? Three hundred years of occupation and slavery. Did the outside world do anything for us? Did they even care? No.
They preferred to look away, pretend it wasn't happening.
A casual rumor from the other side of the world, may have told them about the horrors in Nyx, which they listened to for a split second and then forgot, turning a blind eye to our suffering, lest the emotion of empathy muddies their lives. So why should we care about what happens to them? They were always cold to our suffering"

"-so that makes it okay?!"

"-Drasko... every creature on this earth is selfish in his own way. We want to protect whats ours. Given a dilema, we will always choose to save our friend, over a stranger. Save our family, over a group we don't know. Save our country, instead of somebody elses.
I am saving Nyx, Drasko. Do you think the other countries would do any different?"

The four ponies in mining clothing continue to look at you, oblivious to the conversation in your earpiece.
One of them began to quietly mumble:
"There's.. a public gatheting, scheduled to start soon.. Marek said he'll be giving a speech-"
One of the other ponies stepped on his foot and the pony went silent, looking away in fear.

Harlequin waved at them: "Move aside. We'll be coming through"
The four parted and Harlequin continued down the tunnel: "I'll get us to Marek, we just need to keep following the signal"

The tunnel continued on, eventually leading to another fork in the road. Harlequin paused and frowned at her touchscreen.
You don't see anyone further ahead, but you hear the echo of a few dozen voices, coming from the right side tunnel.
The left tunnel was quiet.

598Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sun 15 Jan - 15:35

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

"I say we split up. Half of us go left, the other half go right. If someone finds Marek, then they radio everyone. Good idea?" She asked, listening out for any distinctive voices.

599Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sun 15 Jan - 15:39

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:The four ponies exchange alarmed looks. Its clear they don't fully trust you.

Drasko's voice continued to echo in your earpiece:

"-A hundred thousand people Marek! All dead!"

"-..why do you care about what happens to them, Drasko? Three hundred years of occupation and slavery. Did the outside world do anything for us? Did they even care? No.
They preferred to look away, pretend it wasn't happening.
A casual rumor from the other side of the world, may have told them about the horrors in Nyx, which they listened to for a split second and then forgot, turning a blind eye to our suffering, lest the emotion of empathy muddies their lives. So why should we care about what happens to them? They were always cold to our suffering"

"-so that makes it okay?!"

"-Drasko... every creature on this earth is selfish in his own way. We want to protect whats ours. Given a dilema, we will always choose to save our friend, over a stranger. Save our family, over a group we don't know. Save our country, instead of somebody elses.
I am saving Nyx, Drasko. Do you think the other countries would do any different?"

The four ponies in mining clothing continue to look at you, oblivious to the conversation in your earpiece.
One of them began to quietly mumble:
"There's.. a public gatheting, scheduled to start soon.. Marek said he'll be giving a speech-"
One of the other ponies stepped on his foot and the pony went silent, looking away in fear.

Harlequin waved at them: "Move aside. We'll be coming through"
The four parted and Harlequin continued down the tunnel: "I'll get us to Marek, we just need to keep following the signal"

The tunnel continued on, eventually leading to another fork in the road. Harlequin paused and frowned at her touchscreen.
You don't see anyone further ahead, but you hear the echo of a few dozen voices, coming from the right side tunnel.
The left tunnel was quiet.

"Which tunnel is he down?" Lord Wyvern asks Harlequin.

600Slavegear - Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Slavegear - Part 3 Sun 15 Jan - 16:19

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"..in the middle.." Harlequin quietly said: "..but there is no middle tunnel. Only right and left" she looked at you:
"I'm sorry. I don't know. There are no blueprints for this place.."

Drasko continued to scream in your earpiece:
"-Innocent people died Marek! You can't justify that! Wars are meant to be fought between soldiers! Civilians have nothing to do with it!"

"-and in a perfect world, it would be so" Marek quietly sighed: "But you're describing a fantasy Drasko. There world is not black and white... you have a kind heart, better than mine... you remind me of Johan in that way"

"-Don't compare me to Johan!" Drasko snapped: "I'm nothing like him! Johan is a naive, idiot child! He thinks if everyone hugs and start singing together, we can achieve world peace. I'm not stupid! I know you have to apply direct force to get anything in life, but that force needs to be applied against trained professionals. Criminals, thieves, monsters! Not innocent bystanders!"

"-you're still young Drasko.. you don't know the malice a mans heart can hold.... you're more like Johan than you know.."

Kaylee slowly became grim, as the conversation in the earpiece went on.

Harlequin faintly cursed: "We have to find them quickly. If they finish their conversation and split up again, we may loose Marek"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum