The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Digital Waltz

+3
Rogue Fire
Dallas courtright
Silent Mist/Moon Dusts
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 40]

751Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Fri 25 Aug - 8:58

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"Moon luv..." she says with a huff as she recovers her thoughts, "i'm going to need practice with this new weapon... Mind having a spar when you get yours?" she cracks her knuckles.

752Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Fri 25 Aug - 14:09

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

(Moon)

Moon chuckled and looked at her "As long as we don't kill each other, I'm game." She smiled and stretched her arms.

753Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Fri 25 Aug - 15:55

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

"Okay-" Miller looked over his touch pad again:

"So, we have,

Rain   - 1x Armor Buster
Oboro - 1x Armor Buster
Moon  - 1x Concealed Extending Blade
Mist    - 1x Concealed Extending Blade
Serena - 2x Night Vision Cybereyes. NereusTechnology Cyberlegs.

Did I get everything right?

Moon, will you be taking the Reflex Trigger as well?
Mist, will be taking the Kevlar Bone Lacing?

Let me know if I should correct the purchase list. Otherwise I'll get to work"

Miller scratched his cheek and sighed, before looking at Angelo:

"All I know is, we have entered the digital age. Information is the new currency and he who holds the right cards, is the king.

The Union Council is not in control of the Union.
Perhaps they were, at some point, but not anymore. Now, they have been reduced to nothing but public figures. Puppets, dancing on strings.

The ones who really control the world, are hidden in shadow. Never making a public appearance. Never letting their existence be known.  
They subtly pull on the strings and make the world spin in the direction they want.

And if you cross them, you disappear. Or, if you're too important to kill, you are discredited, framed and left in the street.

Most people end up in the Labyrinth, simply because they asked too many questions, or they sensed that something was happening and tried to take action. Prevent this total usurpation of power.

But its too late. For us. For everyone.

The 'Shadow Masters' already control everything and everyone. We can't stop them. We can't oppose them. We don't even know who they are.
They rule our world now, utilizing the most important currency of this age - Information.
And they use information, to control everyone else.

The battle for freedom was over before it even began. We lost, without even realizing it. And now, its just too late to change anything.

Anyone who tries to oppose them now, will be hammered down and discredited. Our pleas and accusations will fall on deaf ears. There's nothing left for us to do. But simply accept their new rule, and move on"

Tomas scowled, staring into space. His Batpony fangs showed slightly more as he grimaced:

"...several months ago, Nyx was liberated. But really, we only traded an iron collar, for an invisible one... and now everyone's wearing one...

I'm supposed to accept that? I'm supposed to wear it quietly?"

"If you try to oppose them, they will kill you" Miller pointed his finger at you: "They will bury you in a ditch and no one will find your corpse. Your name will be smeared across the mass media and people on the other side of the planet, will think you were criminals.
And your families will have to cope with that.

I don't know what fight you were in and who gave you those wounds, but if you really piss them off, that last battle will seem insignificant in comparison. They will bury you.

Anyway. That's all I know.

They didn't discredit me, at first. That's not why I left. I simply saw where the world was headed and wanted to get the hell out of dodge. Didn't want to be a part of this horror system.

Thought I could do more good down here.."

Miller heavily sighed and looked at you: "Anyway.

Did I get your cybernetics list right? Do you want to change anything in the purchase order, or should I get to the surgeries?"

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

754Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Fri 25 Aug - 16:03

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

(Moon)

"Yeah, I'll take the reflex trigger as well." Moon nodded, smiling. "And if any of these 'shadow people' try to kill me I'll kill them. I don't care what people think of me."

(Mist)

"Yeah, bone lacing sounds good. Won't interfere with my arms, right?" Mist asked. "And what yours saying, it sounds true. I've been hired to kill the sort of people who speak out in the past."

755Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Fri 25 Aug - 17:10

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Angelo, Oboro)

Angelo furrows his brow. "Not if we can help it."

Oboro looked at the newcomer. "Did you say 'we'? Keep us out of your escapades, please."

Angelo gave her a loom over his shoulder. "Yes, I said we. And you will join. As I doubt many of you know the meaning of giving up like that. If it up to the likes of you, you'll keep fighting or die trying. That's what I see here. After all, most of you have some ties to Adelheid's "heroes", or the Slavegears."

Oboro glared at him. "What about those?"

The dramatic man smirked. "Despite the odd being against them, they stood their ground and came out victorious! What they scaled for that, should be insurmountable, but it's no different in this situation. We can overcome this. We must overcome this. For what we stand and fight for!"

The blue mare snapped. "And how the bloody hell do you think we are supposed to do that?! Shut off the entire internet to smoke those deskbound scumbags out?! Sure, let's collapse the economy to capture a bunch of creeps behind a computer screen!"

Angelo keeps the smile up. "Maybe, maybe not. Information is power, but the right information is key to this situation. And we got just the people to find that out, right?"

756Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Fri 25 Aug - 20:45

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Naomi)

"Why do you wonna know that?" the mechanic asked, raising an eyebrow: "We're working with the black market. The less you know, the safer we'll all be, if the cops come snooping"

The car owner finished typing on his cellphone and stuck it in his pocket, then silently looked at you.

The mechanic looked around the place and sighed: "Afraid I'll be closing up shop in a few minutes, so that's a no on the bike tinkering"

(Arnold, The Hooded Figure)

As you examine the office floor again, it seems its filled with narrow passages, circling the work stations. You don't seem to notice much open area in the vicinity.

There was still no sign of Bob. The office remained deathly quiet, almost completely covered in shadow.

Several moments pass, before the Hooded Figure reached Jill. She stopped casting her spell and turned around, pressing her back against the closed window and looking at you in fear.

"Jill, i know that's not your real name, i know 'bob' is trying to kill you, and i know you're Ted's daughter" the Hooded Figure told Jill "I'm here to save you, so come with me if you want to live."

757Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Fri 25 Aug - 22:19

Dan One

Dan One

(Radiance)
"Put me down for both the Kevlar Bone Lacing and the Lavender Dermal Plating," nods to Millar

(Serena)
"No matter how...careful one is. The...information always leaves...a trail." Serena looks to the group "We find...the tracks and we find...the beast." She stands, the blade in her arm slowly extending "And...if the head isn't visible...target and destroy...the heart"

758Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Sun 27 Aug - 11:07

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

Inside Millers van, there was an operating table. Isolated from the outside by a heavy plastic curtain. Miller heavily relied on his magic, to decontaminate the area and make it sterile, before the operations began.

One by one, he would put patients to sleep and the surgery would begin. A series of tiny automated robot cranes would loom over the operating table and assist in the surgery, applying the microscopic parts of the cybernetic upgrades with extreme precision and efficiency.

It was unclear, how much time passed exactly, when the last upgrade was installed. It was hard to tell the time, in the never changing dim lights of the cave.

Madelyn returned some time later. Her empty eyes scanned everyone and she called in a disjointed voice:
"...we should be, on our way. If we stay, in one place for too long, we run the risk of the enemy, finding us. They must be, still, searching, for us"

"Right" Miller sighed, taking off his surgical cloves: "Take it easy with the cybernetics at first. Your body needs time to get used to them. The more you move around, the more accustomed you'll be to them. The different cybernetics won't interfere with each other, so you're in the clear there.."

He heavily sighed: "...and if you're serious about helping the people down here... don't forget about us, once you reach topside.."

Mira nodded to him, then looked at her new arm. It was a shiny metal cybernetic. its silver colored surface sometimes reflected parts of the environment.
Mira pointed her new hand forward and flexed her fist. A katana blade immediately extended out of the arm, its razor sharp surface clearly stood out, even from a distance.

"...this is... eerie.." she quietly said, slightly lifting her robotic hand and watching the blade slowly fold back into the prosthetic.

She turned around and looked at the police batpony: "Tom, you didn't get anything?"

"No" Tomas shook his head with a small smile: "...I'm afraid, I was already at the 6 Essence limit, when you met me this morning. The Zerber police unit is known for its cybernetically enhanced operatives.
We were supposed to be the last line of defense. The ones who come into play, during the most extreme threats to public security.
We weren't supposed to be puppets to some shadow council, enforcing their subtle dictatorship"

He looked down, his smile becoming sad.
Out of the deeper pockets of his shirt, he pulled out his compass again and examined it:

"...alright, I think I have our direction. We should be moving this way" he vaguely pointed further into the cave.

A few seconds later, Amy's voice cut through the radios:

"---check...comm check...---.. guys, do you copy?... This is Amy. Me and Mrs. Noel are together, finally managed to shake off our pursuit... I think... we've been dodging them since we last spoke, couldn't risk calling you earlier... these people are relentless.

Anyway. I've started going over what Clopin said to us. About his past. His story, his medical history and... I believe I found a match in the Adelheid's citizen archives. A person, matching his exact description and history.

I think I discovered Clopin's real identity.
"

"...that's what the other man said too.." 'Jill' looked at you, visibly frightened: "He said people are coming kill me.. that he's a friend of my father...
I can't trust you.. I can't trust him either.. I have to escape on my own..."

As she spoke, you heard the faint cracks of glass, coming from the window. The next second, the window behind 'Jill' shattered, revealing the city below.

A fire escape ladder was visible outside.

Whatever spell 'Jill' had cast, it seems it shattered the window. As she took a step towards it, her intentions became clear.

But before she could climb out of the window, her eyes suddenly grew wide and she shrieked.

Some kind of blunt object had impacted the Hooded Figure in the back. The force of the impact was devastating, shattering his force field almost immediately.

The next second, he was punched in the kidneys. The force of the impact felt like he was struck by a hammer.
The attackers arm must have been cybernetic.

Almost as soon as the punch had connected, a wave of electricity had washed over The Hooded Figure, paralyzing his muscles and making him collapse to the floor.

The pain was intense. The muscles refused to work.

It was a direct hit from a Shock Hand. Had to be. A cybernetic arm, with a taser built into its fist.

As the Hooded Figure fell to the floor, 'Jill' shrieked and jumped out of the window, landing somewhere onto the fire escape ladder.
You could no longer see her in your line of sight.

The only thing visible, was the Hooded Figure, and the shadowy silhouette looming behind him.

759Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Sun 27 Aug - 12:17

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Violet had finished her contraption, it looked to be a pipe connected to a piece if wood, the wood piece was a handle of some sort. It wasn't a weapon any of you had seen before.

Rain looks to the new weapon on her arm, "this is cool!" she smiles and closes her fist. She felt dangerous, and powerful. She could punch through skulls like butter and punch through rumbas like... Slightly... Harder butter...

760Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Sun 27 Aug - 17:22

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Everyone)

Inside Millers van, there was an operating table. Isolated from the outside by a heavy plastic curtain. Miller heavily relied on his magic, to decontaminate the area and make it sterile, before the operations began.

One by one, he would put patients to sleep and the surgery would begin. A series of tiny automated robot cranes would loom over the operating table and assist in the surgery, applying the microscopic parts of the cybernetic upgrades with extreme precision and efficiency.

It was unclear, how much time passed exactly, when the last upgrade was installed. It was hard to tell the time, in the never changing dim lights of the cave.

Madelyn returned some time later. Her empty eyes scanned everyone and she called in a disjointed voice:
"...we should be, on our way. If we stay, in one place for too long, we run the risk of the enemy, finding us. They must be, still, searching, for us"

"Right" Miller sighed, taking off his surgical cloves: "Take it easy with the cybernetics at first. Your body needs time to get used to them. The more you move around, the more accustomed you'll be to them. The different cybernetics won't interfere with each other, so you're in the clear there.."

He heavily sighed: "...and if you're serious about helping the people down here... don't forget about us, once you reach topside.."

Mira nodded to him, then looked at her new arm. It was a shiny metal cybernetic. its silver colored surface sometimes reflected parts of the environment.
Mira pointed her new hand forward and flexed her fist. A katana blade immediately extended out of the arm, its razor sharp surface clearly stood out, even from a distance.

"...this is... eerie.." she quietly said, slightly lifting her robotic hand and watching the blade slowly fold back into the prosthetic.

She turned around and looked at the police batpony: "Tom, you didn't get anything?"

"No" Tomas shook his head with a small smile: "...I'm afraid, I was already at the 6 Essence limit, when you met me this morning. The Zerber police unit is known for its cybernetically enhanced operatives.
We were supposed to be the last line of defense. The ones who come into play, during the most extreme threats to public security.
We weren't supposed to be puppets to some shadow council, enforcing their subtle dictatorship"

He looked down, his smile becoming sad.
Out of the deeper pockets of his shirt, he pulled out his compass again and examined it:

"...alright, I think I have our direction. We should be moving this way" he vaguely pointed further into the cave.

A few seconds later, Amy's voice cut through the radios:

"---check...comm check...---.. guys, do you copy?... This is Amy. Me and Mrs. Noel are together, finally managed to shake off our pursuit... I think... we've been dodging them since we last spoke, couldn't risk calling you earlier... these people are relentless.

Anyway. I've started going over what Clopin said to us. About his past. His story, his medical history and... I believe I found a match in the Adelheid's citizen archives. A person, matching his exact description and history.

I think I discovered Clopin's real identity.
"

"...that's what the other man said too.." 'Jill' looked at you, visibly frightened: "He said people are coming kill me.. that he's a friend of my father...
I can't trust you.. I can't trust him either.. I have to escape on my own..."

As she spoke, you heard the faint cracks of glass, coming from the window. The next second, the window behind 'Jill' shattered, revealing the city below.

A fire escape ladder was visible outside.

Whatever spell 'Jill' had cast, it seems it shattered the window. As she took a step towards it, her intentions became clear.

But before she could climb out of the window, her eyes suddenly grew wide and she shrieked.

Some kind of blunt object had impacted the Hooded Figure in the back. The force of the impact was devastating, shattering his force field almost immediately.

The next second, he was punched in the kidneys. The force of the impact felt like he was struck by a hammer.
The attackers arm must have been cybernetic.

Almost as soon as the punch had connected, a wave of electricity had washed over The Hooded Figure, paralyzing his muscles and making him collapse to the floor.

The pain was intense. The muscles refused to work.

It was a direct hit from a Shock Hand. Had to be. A cybernetic arm, with a taser built into its fist.

As the Hooded Figure fell to the floor, 'Jill' shrieked and jumped out of the window, landing somewhere onto the fire escape ladder.
You could no longer see her in your line of sight.

The only thing visible, was the Hooded Figure, and the shadowy silhouette looming behind him.

"Climb!" the Hooded Figure shouted down to Jill as they used the last of their muscle strength to close their eyes, and then cast the brightest light spell they could to blind their attacker like a flash grenade in the dark room. They then surrounded themselves in a levitation field and accelerated their body towards the shadowy silhouette to ram them whilst they were still blinded.

761Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Sun 27 Aug - 18:12

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Arnold)

When he saw the figure strike, he began to run to the window. He knew he was there. Taking the shortest route, he tried getting there fast enough. But he ran right into the flash.

"My eyes!"

He shielded them, but it was too late, he was seeing spots all over, and it hurted.

(Angelo, Oboro)

Oboro was trying out the new gear she got instead of her trusty spear. She gave a few punches in an open space, not entirely statisfied.

"Need some getting used to."

When Amy began to speak, she putted her finger on the communication. "Really? Well, get to it then, we have lost a ton of time already. I have watched a beard grow! That is messed up!"

Angelo retorted to that. "I have not noticed it yet."

The blue mare spoke again. "What time and day is it? Are the hostages still safe?"

762Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Mon 28 Aug - 0:33

Dan One

Dan One

(Serena)
Serena rubbed the back of her head cracking her neck at the same time. The shadow cast from her hood combined with the soft green glow of her cybernetic eyes created an almost inhuman look to her.

"Tell...us...who"

(Radiance)
Radiance had taken up a meditative kneeling position. His legs crossed and folded under him while his hands rested on his knees. The back two knuckles touching and the tips two front fingers and thumbs touched creating a teepee.

"Was there just one match, or is who you found the closest? I wouldn't be surprised if he spliced together an identity from multiple people in the system"

763Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Mon 28 Aug - 13:02

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

(Moon and Mist)

Moon was rubbing her back with one arm and testing out her blade with the other, grinning madly. "This is cool...."

Mist sat down, resting for a bit. Though she was looking at her blade, she focused on the people around her as well, watching their actions.

764Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 29 Aug - 20:30

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

"The hostages appear to be unharmed, as far as we can tell.

Its still the 7th of November. Exactly 17:49 in the afternoon
" Amy called in a calm voice:

"We've only been out of contact for a couple of hours. Me and Mrs. Noel managed to sneak into the city mayors building and started to go over the citizen archives.

This place is ancient! A whole floor full of rows upon rows of documents!
It was never computerized and we have to go over the physical papers to find anything. Its full of dust and mold and mouse droppings in the corner"

Amy emitted a muffled noise. It sounds like she's suppressing a vomit reflex.

"Non the less, Noel dug something up... wait one. Noel... Noel!... Alex, come here... closer to the light... okay umm..." Amy paused:

"..Okay here it is.

Corporal Nico Wolff.
Soren Infantry.

A soldier of Soren, fought in the Demeter skirmishes. Lost his leg and his arm in the battles.
He thought he was fighting for his country, but it seems they later hung him to dry.
The skirmishes proved to be just a political maneuver, to raise Soren economy.

The country provided him no health care. He lost his job. His home.
His friends died during the skirmishes. There was no one left to help him.

He was thrown out to the streets and faded from public records.

The last entry was 44 years ago.

Nico tried to take a small loan from a bank. Claimed he just landed a new job at some new fast growing Cybernetics Company. Said he's gonna be earning money again and pleaded to get a loan, so he won't have to live on the street for the next month.

The bank denied his request.

That was the last time anyone saw Nico Wolff.

At least according to this file. Nico faded from the public eye. As if the earth had swallowed him.

That was 44 years ago.

Jeez. He must be in his sixties by now. This record matches Clopin's story perfectly. We've gone through the other records of all pegasi soldiers, who fought in the Demeter Skirmishes. Those who lost both one leg and one arm. Nico's profile was the only one that fit.

Its seems Clopin is Nico Wolff
"

Amy sighed, too close to the microphone, sending a wave of distorted noise through the radio:

"44 Years... what was he doing all this time?..."

Tom rubbed the back of his neck: "Amy, have you found anything else?"

"Not yet" Amy loudly coughed, almost making you go deaf: "...I'll keep looking.. sorry, too much dust in here"

As she spoke, you noticed two people approaching Dr. Millers yard.

A man with hazed eyes and a blank expression, being dragged along by a woman in a dirty sweater. She was helping him walk and as they passed through the fence, she helped him sit down on one of the free blankets.

"Oh god, it is Jake again?" Miller called, looking at the man with a saddened expression.

"He had another breakdown.." the woman nodded.

Jake was sitting stiffly on the blanket and hugging his knees, slightly rocking back and forth.

Dr. Miller slowly approached him and crouched down: "Jake?.. whats wrong? Had another nightmare?"

"...yeah.." Jake quietly whispered, staring into space and slightly rocking back and forth: "I keep... dreaming about that night.."

"Its alright son, I'll get you another pill, help you sleep better, okay?" Miller asked him, touching Jake's shoulder.

"...yeah" Jake slightly nodded. The look in his eye was haunted.

765Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 29 Aug - 20:31

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Bob emitted a sharp screech and collided with the Hooded Figure. They both fell to the floor in a heap and Bob started haphazardly flailing his limbs.
His eyes were wildly darting left to right, unfocused and staring into space. It seems he got heavily blinded by the flash.

A razor sharp blade suddenly extended out of his arm and took a blind swing at the Hooded Figure. The blade cut through the fabric of the hood, leaving a long cut across the Hooded Figures forehead.

Vaguely realizing the Hooded Figures position, Bob readied his blade for a stabbing attack, aiming at the Hooded Figures neck.

You vaguely hear footsteps coming from outside of the broken window. It sounds like Jill is rapidly climbing down the fire escape ladder, outside.

766Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 29 Aug - 20:46

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Arnold, The Hooded Figure)

Bob emitted a sharp screech and collided with the Hooded Figure. They both fell to the floor in a heap and Bob started haphazardly flailing his limbs.
His eyes were wildly darting left to right, unfocused and staring into space. It seems he got heavily blinded by the flash.

A razor sharp blade suddenly extended out of his arm and took a blind swing at the Hooded Figure. The blade cut through the fabric of the hood, leaving a long cut across the Hooded Figures forehead.

Vaguely realizing the Hooded Figures position, Bob readied his blade for a stabbing attack, aiming at the Hooded Figures neck.

You vaguely hear footsteps coming from outside of the broken window. It sounds like Jill is rapidly climbing down the fire escape ladder, outside.

The Hooded Figure couldn't cry out in pain, as they had no control of their facial or vocal muscles, so they instead summoned a cluster of crystals in Bob's general direction to hopefully impale his limbs.

767Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Tue 29 Aug - 21:07

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Oboro, Angelo)

Oboro sighed in relief. "Thank you for the information. It might help later, and it's good to hear you guys are safe."

Angelo perked up. "Full operations in only a few hours? Is that correct?"

(Arnold)

He stumbled forward, to the noise of the footsteps and the fighting. When he finally saw a little again, he saw the blade aimed at the neck. He quickly steeled himself, and swung his axe to disarm the assailant.

768Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Wed 30 Aug - 9:59

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

"Did you say you had an operation?" Amy called in confusion.

"Yeah.." Mira replied. Her metal arm was resting on her lap. When it moved, it moved very awkwardly. It seems she's really struggling with it.

"..found a cybernetics surgeon, willing to give us a few upgrades" Tom called over the radio.

"He did that in a few hours?" Amy called: "Damn he works fast, where'd you find this guy?"

"He had a set of automated surgical cranes, built into his operating table" Tomas called.

"Ah, that explains it" Amy replied: "They cut the operating time real good. Very precise too."

Madelyn slowly approached Miller, as the doctor went to dig through his van, looking for medicine.

"...doctor, what happened, to that man" she quietly asked, as Miller dug through one of the drawers.

"He was part of the foraging party" Miller exhaled: "We send groups onto the Labyrinth sometimes, to look for food, clothes, something valuable that can help us survive.
Several days ago, another party went out, but only Jake returned.

He said, something in the tunnels, killed his mates"

Miller said and picked up a set of pills from the drawer: "..he... wasn't really the same since"

"I thought, the tunnels, were, abandoned" Madelyn quietly called: "What could have, kill them?"

"Probably a cave in" Miller sighed: "One of the support beams must have collapsed, buried them. Jake got startled, thought he saw something that wasn't there.. the tunnels are dark. Our fear rests in the shadows, sometimes we see shapes in them, that do not exist."

769Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Wed 30 Aug - 10:14

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

The crystals loudly bumped off Bob's arms, emitting a metalic staccato with each hit. It seems they couldn't pierce their cybernetic surface, but they did interfere with the arms movement.

Bob thrust his blade upward, trying to hit something, and missed the Hooded Figures neck by a few centimeters.

The next second, Bob's arm was violently knocked to the side with Arnolds axe.

The cybernetic emitted a loud screech and somewhat bent out of shape. A noticeable, deep cut was visible in the prosthetics surface. The arm with the blade moved sluggishly now, barely responding to commands.

Bob grunted in rage and grabbed the Hooded Figure by the neck, with his other arm. He squeezed his hand, trying to choke the Hooded Figure. Its metalic fingers painfully pressing on you.

He looked around, trying to vaguely locate Arnolds position and pulled the Hooded Figure by the neck, trying to use him as cover from Arnold, and discourage further attacks with the axe.

770Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Wed 30 Aug - 10:51

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain throws a hard punch at nothing looking to make the spear extend. She looks to her fist looks to see how hard of a hit it would be if it was a normal punch, "very nice..." she chuckles and stretches running her hand along her spear.

Violet puts her strange weapon in her backpack she stands quitely waiting for the group.

771Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Wed 30 Aug - 17:51

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Everyone)

Mira stood off to the side, waiting for several moments, then hesitantly approached Jake and knelt down next to him:

"...Jake?... my name is Mira Lerner. I'm a news anchor for the UNN channel"

"...you, shouldn't be here..." Jake quietly said: "...its not safe... not safe around me"

"W-what do you.. mean?" Mira slowly asked.

Jake's haunted eyes shifted and he looked at her: "...it will come for me... it will come for me, and it will kill anyone around me... I.. I don't think it likes witnesses.."

"Jake.." Mira asked in confusion: "What... what are you talking about... what happened to you?.."

Jake nervously exhaled and stared at the ground: "...we saw something... something we weren't supposed to see... it wasn't meant for our eyes... now everyone here is going to die... its my fault"

He sent a hand through his hair and continued:

"...2 days ago, me and my mates, we went foraging in the tunnels. You can't live eating moss all day. And autumn is ending. We don't have any worm clothing in here.
We had to drastically change the situation, somehow.

We decided to go deeper into the Labyrinth, to the lowest levels, somewhere we've never ventured before.
We hoped to find something valuable. Something that was left behind, that we could sell top side, or, at least a box of warm clothes. I don't know what we were hoping for. We were desperate.

So, we went there, as deep as we could. Crawled down through hatches and staircases that haven't been touched in decades... and there, we found it.

A steel door.

It was big. Heavy. But most importantly, it looked new.
No dust. No cobwebs. It was spotless.

But that didn't make sense, the Labyrinth was built over 50 years ago. And this door looked like it was new.

Ooooh, we thought we hit the mother lode. A spotless steel door? We could only guess what valuable things could be stored inside.... we never really thought it through.."

The man closed his eyes, heavily sighing: "...we had pickaxes, crowbars, so, we pried it open... and immediately, I knew... I knew we did something wrong...

First, we heard screaming. Horrible, gut wrenching screaming, coming from inside.

My friend turned on his flashlight and lit up the room... that's when we saw them...

Machines. Engines. Computers. The room was full of them.
So many moving parts. Blinking lights, mechanical noises, all in motion, doing something... and by the walls...

There were robots... shaped like real people, but no skin, no hair... only a metal frame that resembled a person.

They had no arms. No legs. Only a metal torso and head. They were suspended from the ceiling, dozens of them. Wires and tubes, coming out of their backs, their heads...

And they were screaming... their bodies contorting as they were shrieking in agony... their wild eyes darting across the room, confused, horrified, scared...

They were sobbing.. writhing in pain... gods... I can still hear them..." Jake covered his head with both hands"

772Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Wed 30 Aug - 23:29

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"Looks like we got something to find" Rain speaks up her spear extending, "do ya have a description on this thing?" she throws a few jabs, the spear lashing twards an invisible target. "We aught to find this room too... Release its inhabatants if its anything like our girlfriend here..." she looks to Maddie.

773Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Thu 31 Aug - 7:23

Dan One

Dan One

(Radiance)
Radiance sighed, then slowly stood "So, 50 years ago a plague takes the lives of the workers down here and some are never found. And now, right under one of the most powerful cities on the planet a machine seemly fueled by the pseudo bodies of tormented beings is found.

It just feels like too big of a coincidence to ignore. I agree with Rain, we need to see this room for ourselves. But, unfortunately, I don't think those down there can be saved" He looks down "At least not without ending their suffering ourselves"

774Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Thu 31 Aug - 9:22

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

// Soundtrack

(Everyone)

"We have no way of knowing that" Tom slightly frowned at Radiance: "We shouldn't decide their fate, before we get there.
We must understand what's happening in the Labyrinth, before making a decision."

Madelyn was standing stiff, some distance away. More so than usual.
Her fists clenched, emitting a metalic crack. A tormented expression reflected over her face, mixed with a frown:
"...I... I am not... a machine..." she quietly muttered. You noticed her inhale. For the first time, since she woke up, after the last battle.

Jake slowly lifted his head. His haunted eyes staring at you:
"...You shouldn't search for that room... you shouldn't stay in the Labyrinth... or it will kill you, like the others.."

"It?.." Mira quietly asked.

"The monster" Jake stiffly replied.

Mira looked for a brief moment, before she asked: "...Jake.. you found that room... what happened next?"

"...we saw... two glowing eyes, staring at us... from the depths of the room.." Jake replied, his eyes hazy:
"There was no warning. No threats. I only saw how George was cut in half.

Something emerged out of the depths of the room. Something massive. I heard its metal claws clanking across the floor, as it rushed at us. I saw its metal jaws, lift Frank into the air and rip him apart.

Countless claws, sharp like razor, came down and cut through my friends. Slaughtering them into pieces. Butchering them. Their blood sprayed in my eyes.

I turned around and ran.

I was the closest to the door... the thing couldn't reach me as quick. But I heard it, chasing me. Its metal jaws, snapping behind me. Its claws banging on the floor, on the walls, the ceiling.

I grabbed the nearest ladder and started to climb up the hatch. I heard something heavy crash under me and a metalic screech that turned my blood cold.

I looked down, and I saw it... a shadowy silhouette of something massive. Two glowing eyes staring at me. Its metal jaws snapping in rage.

It saw me. And that's when I knew. It will come for me, again. And it will kill anyone around me. Because I saw something I shouldn't have... something not meant for my eyes... and I knew, retribution will come...

That same evening, the UNN studios reported that only terrorists reside in the Labyrinth. They said we were criminals. They said we were the 'Disciples of Marek'. And that we should be eradicated"

Tomas became grim: "...that same evening, Councilor Mercer drafted an executive order for the Adelheid Police Department. A massive rain on the Labyrinth. Led by the Cybernetically Augmented Zerber Unit.
We were told that no civilians reside in the Labyrinth. Only terrorists. Extremely dangerous. Cybernetically Augmented.

Councilor Mercers draft stated that upon entering the Labyrinth, we should flood it with tear gas, and follow up with a 'Kill on sight' order.

We were told that trying to take prisoners, would be too risky. That we shouldn't risk out lives and just kill, whatever resistance we face.

Through the panic and the zero visibility of the tear gas... it would have been a slaughter..."

Jake shook his head: "...I know Councilor Mercer... she was always a good woman. She always cared for the people. No matter where they were from. She would never sign a document like that.
She would never order something so horrible.."

Tomas exhaled: "...the emergency meeting this morning, in the Union Council Building. It was about signing that order.

Councilor Mercer, Captain Brown, Twilight Sparkle and 22 other government officials attended that meeting, with the purpose of passing that order.

For the order to pass, it required a signature of one of the Council Members. And one of the Military Officers, ranking at least Captain.

And both a single Councilor and a single Captain was present in that meeting, expected to sign the order..."

"Kaylee and Mercer" Mira quietly said: "... do you remember, how grim they looked this morning? How Kaylee refused to talk. How strangely she acted. Was it because they were expected to sign this order?"

"I guess it never came to pass, either way" Tom quietly said: "Clopin took them all hostage.
Sealing himself in the room with them.

The order never passed.
In fact, he forbade it. Said if someone went through with it, if someone dared to go through with the raid of the Labyrinth, he would kill the hostages, the Councilor included.

No one would try to go through with the raid, not without painting himself a traitor to the Union. The raid won't happen"

Jake released a grim smile, staring at the floor: "...this didn't change anything. Only delayed the inevitable.
Everyone who lives in the Labyrinth, will be silenced. If not through a raid, then by other means. Because of what I saw, in that room... they do not like witnesses..."

775Digital Waltz - Page 31 Empty Re: Digital Waltz Thu 31 Aug - 14:17

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

// Hey everyone, another 'Cards Against Humanity' game, today at

19:00 England time
20:00 Netherlands time
2:00 pm USA time

I'll post a link to the website, a few mins before the game.
If ya free, jump in for a crazy dang old time XD

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next