The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2

+2
Some Sinner
Disgruntled purple
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 40]

276Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 26 Oct - 11:02

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Ursula twitched: "Wait... what did you just say... about a parasite in the Machine World?..." her face slowly twisted into a scowl. She looks livid:

"...we'll talk about this... after the ritual..." she muttered through gritted teeth, grasping one of the bowls so hard, her knuckles turned white.

Ursula took a few deep breaths, trying to calm herself, then quietly spoke:

"Witchers are the only ones who can stand up to parasite threat" Ursula quietly said: "The more Witchers in the world, the more chance of survival for the human race.
Your fellow Witchers will respect that."

Ursula turned and handed you each a bowl with the strange liquid. Its smell of Rose Hips was eerily familiar.

"I will now explain the ritual" Ursula quietly said:

"The ritual will begin, once you drink the potion. It will put you into a deep meditative trance, allowing you to access the deepest parts of your soul.

Once there, you will face your parasite.

He will try to trick you. Scare you. Make you see painful things, horrible nightmares. Your deepest regrets, your darkest fears may resurface. Your parasite will do anything to crush your will.
You must not let him.

Push through his terror and find him, inside the depths of your soul.

Confront him directly, in a battle of wills.

If you defeat him, your parasite will recognize your strength and lend you his power.
You will enter the state we call - 'The Glasgow Synergy'.

A state in which the Witcher and his parasite coexist in a mutually beneficial partnership.

But.. should you fail... you will become a prisoner, inside your own body" Ursula became grim:

"Your parasite will take control of your body and run wild, attempting to harm and destroy everything within reach. We.. cannot allow that.."

Ursula sighed: "This is why, the ritual must be performed in a controlled environment.

The pentagram you're sitting on, is a unique spell, that only affects the parasites. Any parasite that ends up stepping on it, will be burdened. His movements, heavily slowed down, leaving him vulnerable to attack.

Should you fail your ritual.. and your parasite starts running free... he will be slowed down by the pentagram, at which point, your spotting Witcher..." Ursula paused:

"...your spotting Witcher will preserve your honor... by giving you a quick death... thus, making sure you don't harm your friends, your comrades or anyone innocent soul."

Ursula looked at you with a pained, torn expression. But her gaze remained firm:
"...it is the way of the Witchers. The only responsible thing to do, in such situation. For even a single parasite can bring down a whole world..."

She grimly looked at you: "...as the Witcher recruitment officer of this region, here is my command to you.
Do not die.

That is all"

Ursula slowly approached and sat next to Rain, back to back.

"..mother.. I will spot you.." she quietly said with an empty voice:
"...it is said that.. having a close friend.. or a family member.. being by your side at the ritual... their voice can sometimes reach your consciousness.. and give you more strength..

I won't leave your side, until you succeed..." she quietly said, her voice shook and broke off.

"Drink the potion when you're ready!" one of the other Witchers barked: "LETS GO PRINCESSES, WE DON'T HAVE ALL DAY!"

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

277Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 26 Oct - 11:41

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain smiles and places her hand on ursulas shoulder, "High temper just like your mother and aunt." She chuckles, "If this goes bad just know that I love you." She takes a deep breath and picks up the bowl, she looks down at it and takes the plunge, "Just wait until you meet your aunt." She smiles softly before closing her eyes and waiting for the effects.

278Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 26 Oct - 17:12

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight takes a bowl for herself and goes to sit in the pentagram guarded by the one calling out 'princesses'

"I suppose you will do, given you apparent fondness of the title." She took the bowl and drank it's contents. Then, she put it down and took a meditative position.

279Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 26 Oct - 17:30

Dan One

Dan One

Radiance gives the Witcher watching him a single nod then downs the contents of the bowl like a shot. He cracks his neck and kneels down on the pentagram. Centering himself he slows his breathing as much as possible and waits for what's next.

280Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 26 Oct - 19:30

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"Well, we'll deal with the 'Glystaria in our world' problem when we get to it, nothing we can do right now" Rogue says, just picking a random circle and sitting down in it , then asks the Witcher spotting for him "So if you have to kill me, does it have to be through the chest, or will any standard lethal would do, like a beheading?"

281Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 26 Oct - 21:10

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Mist sat down on one of the pentagrams and looked at the Witcher spotting her. She didn’t like placing that sort of trust in someone she never met, or the idea of dying whilst trapped in herself. In fact, she didn’t like any of this situation.
“If I end up dying, one of you tell Moon I love her. Same goes if you find my daughter. Here goes nothing.”
Mist picked up the bowl and drank from it.

282Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 26 Oct - 21:53

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"We've got you covered, Mist, but you'll make it" Rogue assures Mist "And if you don't, Moon'll kill us too anyway..."

283Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Fri 26 Oct - 22:00

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

“Actually, don’t tell Moon anything. Tell her I’m trapped here. Don’t want her giving necromancy another shot.” Mist shook her head.

284Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 27 Oct - 14:38

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Silent Mist)

The distant caws of seagulls faintly reached the edge of your hearing. It was quiet here, peaceful. The waves of the ocean lazily washed over the golden, sandy beach. The water was so clear, you could see the tiny groups of colorful fish, swimming around the seashells and nibbling at the ocean floor.

The palm trees slowly swayed in the breeze, warmed by a bright, golden sun.

"...la la la... la la la..."

You stood at the porch of a wooden home, the view of the beach opening before you. The sun was pleasantly warm, it was still the early hours of the morning.

"la la la... la la la..." you heard a young girls voice, at the edge of your senses, intermixed with the distant caws of the seagulls.

Looking around, you notice a young sea pony. Her hands spread wide to maintain balance, she was slowly walking atop the wooden guard rail of your porch, placing one foot in front of the other and gently singing as she walked.

"...la la la... la... la la la.." she was smiling, watching her footing and carefully moving along the guard rail. She wore a unique, beautiful dress, its colors mixing purple and black.
You've never seen this girl before, but her voice was slightly familiar.

285Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 27 Oct - 14:38

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Rain Runner)

The wind was quietly howling, dragging along the autumns yellow leaves. The dark, heavy rain clouds slowly drifted across the sky, casting a large shadow over the landscape.
It was dark here, so dark, you couldn't see the horizon. Only a small patch of gray sand was illuminated by an unseen light.

It felt like standing in the middle of an abyss, with only a small island, safe in the middle.

A young boy was sitting there, a sea pony, wearing a dark formal suit. It looked strange on him, not quite fitting. With a small, wooden stick in his hand, he was quietly drawing shapes in the sand.

His expression was absentminded, saddened somehow.

286Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 27 Oct - 14:38

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Twilight Sparkle)

The sun was slightly shining into your eyes, making you subconsciously raise your hand to shield them. The salty wind of the north ocean was beginning to reach you, wash over you, bringing with it the first cold of winter.
The mighty pine trees of the forest behind you, gently swayed in the breeze. In front, was the bleak northern ocean.

Quiet, distant voices began to reach the edge of your hearing and you turn around, noticing a small group of people, standing by the small wooden pier, just on the edge of the ocean.

Egbert was discussing something with V'tara and Derpy. Wyvern Lord, Mercy and Takashi were standing nearby, watching the horizon. Penny was trying to stand up on her tip toes, to look over Takeshi's shoulder.

They were all subtly looking in the same direction. A massive, Union heavy cruiser class warship, was anchored by the beach. A long line of changelings were stepping out of the forest and slowly making their way to the pier, wearily boarding the ship, one by one and accepting warm blankets from the ship crew aboard.

Two women, were standing just by the edge of the pier. One, very tall, a mass of muscle. Her dark hair was messily falling over her shoulders, the yellow fur was soaked with rain.
The other, a very short pegasus, wearing an ironed blue navy uniform. Her silver hair slightly obscuring the black eye patch over her eye.

The two were frowning at each other, articulating their frustration and gradually raising their voice:

"...-you told me you wanted to go overseas to attend university. Did you lie?" the woman with the yellow fur called.

"No! I did attend!-.." the purple mare replied, semi defensively. Her frown giving away to slight guilt.

"Did you.. drop out?" the taller mare asked.

"No.. no. I.. graduated.. top of my class ahaha..." the purple mare nervously laughed, scratching the back of her head: "See it was a... military university... for training officers for the navy.."

The yellow mare frowned: "..you made me believe you took an economics major. You lied to me."

"I did not! I just.." the purple mare shuffled her feet, looking away: "..may have omitted a few things when we talked.."

The yellow mare angrily scowled: "You will retire! Right now!"

"Like hell I will!" the purple mare angrily screamed.

"Kaylee!.." the yellow mare's expression began turning to sadness, horror: "What if something happens to you? What if you get injured or worse? For gods sake, you don't have to do this.. let someone else take over-"

"OOOOOOH!" Kaylee scowled, leaning forward: "I guess its okay if someone ELSE'S daughter gets injured and DIES!"

"K-Kaylee!!.." the yellow mare screamed, almost crying.

Kaylee turned on her heels and walked away from her mother. Lisa stood still for a few moments, trying to blink away her tears, before boarding the warship with everyone else.

"......hello. My name is Kaylee Brown, Union Navy. Its nice to meet you." the purple mare materialized in front of you, some moments after. She tried to smile, hoping to make you feel safer, after the ordeal with the Uroburos cult.

"..the truth is... we might need your help." She said, looking at you with honest eyes and a small, sad smile:

"...The B-401-Bodewig is about to depart soon and.. Princess Celestia believed we could use your experience on this mission."

Kaylee released a small, sad smile and slowly extended her hand to you: "...I'm not gonna lie, this voyage may take a long time and will likely endanger our lives, but.. it may save a lot of lives too.

You are in a unique position to make a real difference.. a lot of people are counting on this missions success..

Can you help us?" Kaylee extended her open palm and released a bright smile, that same kind hearted smile you've seen her make countless times, when she spoke from the heart.

287Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 27 Oct - 14:39

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Rogue Fire)

The flames slowly rose over the city of Adelheid, as smoke filled its streets. Panic, chaos and fear ruled the streets.
People were running without direction, screaming at the top of their lungs, as the cold, metal robots chased them methodically, catching them, and dragging them underground.

The massive add boards were flashing with the pictures of Emerald, as she danced the night away, covered in blue colored holograms, that continued to envelop her body.

A large metal griffon, landed atop an ancient cathedral and emitted a piercing shriek. Moments after, it became locked by combat, assaulting a small group known as the Heroes of Adelheid.

They were fighting, a long distance away. You couldn't make out their faces, but you could at recognize their clothing. Among those who fighting, you saw an image of your old self as well, fighting with the rest of them.

It felt odd... being outside of your body and watching it move from afar. Struggling to win a battle that ended so long ago.

You found yourself sitting atop a skyscraper, just on the edge, hundreds of meter in the air. The wind blew hard here, but you didn't feel it, not really. Its as if you weren't there at all.

Someone sighed, just next to you, making you turn your head.

A young sea pony was sitting there, wearing a worn, dark leather jacket. His feet having from the edge of the skyscrapers roof, he watched the battle unfold, together with you.
His eyes watching every detail, tracking every move your old self has made.

The sea ponies expression was hard to read. He seemed very serious, but, also a little sad. Thinking.

The sounds of the battle were quiet here, distant. Only the wind howled here.

288Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 27 Oct - 14:39

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Radiance)

The first thing you saw, was a haunted, scarred face of an elderly man, so worn and tired, it seemed he only pushed forward with his sheer will. One eye was missing, replaced by a messily surgically implanted green, robot eye.
Its cold, faint glow was staring at you, seemingly piercing the depths of your soul.

Wyvern and Kaylee were standing by the control console of the abandoned room, trying to make sense of the algorithms on screen. Twilight and Red Eyes were frowning at the elderly man.

This was the first time you saw their real faces, the first time you saw what it looked like, when someone just realized that they've been had.
You couldn't understand the words on the screen, the silhouette of a giant robot was clear enough.

The time slowed down to a crawl, you couldn't believe how ugly the world looked, how dirty. The old coffee stains on the floor, the cigarette buds. The grease on the keyboards, the dirty screens that seemingly never been dusted.

How horrible a person looked, when he was terrified. How infectious was the expression, simply from looking at it.

And the elderly man, right in front of you, he continued to stare into the depths of your soul, with a cold, uncaring stare, that seemingly only wanted one thing - revenge.
Revenge upon the uncaring, the idle and the indifferent world, blind and deaf to his suffering.

Marek exhaled in exhaustion and spoke, in a quiet, calm voice:

"...Listen, to the sound of my voice.
Take, a deep, breath.
Relax.
And let your mind drift..."

289Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 27 Oct - 16:23

Dan One

Dan One

The sudden granted ability to see may have given him more paused it wasn't for Marek standing there. Even after long accepting that what had happened was going to happen, Radiance often wondered what would be different had he acted on instinct.

As soon as his eyes locked on to the elderly bat pony Radiance moved. Closing the distance before Marek can get his first word out. A firm but held back left hand punch to the stomach to knock the air out of Marek and his right hand clamping the batponies mouth shut.

“One word and Tomas disappears. My client will not take kindly to you removing the current council.”

290Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 27 Oct - 17:11

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"This moment..." Twilight softly mutters to herself.

She looked into the direction of Kaylee, but her eyes went vacant. As if she was seeing the entire stories unfold again. All the consequenses, all the pain, all the stress, flashing in again.

Her hand was twitching. As it was, she should be reaching out. But she was struggling, unsure, of what a hypothetical change would accomplish.

"Eh, Uh, Hello..." She stammers.

She felt like sweat was erupting from her forehead, to stain her brow in salty water. She looked down at the ground, thinking to herself.

~"What the hell is this? A test? To see if I would make the same decision again with the current knowledge? This far back, it's a little unfair. Too much could change from this. Maybe I'd be stuck in a direct conflict, this time on the side of the other alicorns. Maybe it has no effect at all, maybe the deed would be done sooner as they choose another representative for that. Besides, how much does the digital waltz factor in? Would I still meet any of these, would my kids be born from this?"~

Then it hits her. "Would they be... No, I would never meet... So we could never... Of course..."

She looks up at the figure in front of her, her eyes sharp. "Yes, I can certainly lend a hand in this scenario." She narrows her eyes. "But tell me then, WHO would I be helping out by accepting these conditions?"

She changed her stance, it wasn't neutral anymore, it was defensive. She seemed ready for any offense.

291Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 27 Oct - 17:26

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"Okay then, don't answer me" Rogue mutters as he stirs, having gone under before he could get hear any answer to his question the Witcher could have given. "So, this is my test, is it? Interesting choice, I must say, given that our parasites will be unfamiliar with many of the concepts we've encountered, including this one..." he says to himself as he looks around, taking everything in and reaquanting himself with the scenario.

When he notices the seapony sitting besides him, he shrugs and turns to look at them "You never get the best seats in the house when you arrive late, am I right? Still, you've got to make the best of what you get. You bring any popcorn, because I'm all out?"

292Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 27 Oct - 18:00

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Radiance)

As soon as your punch connected with his stomach, Marek suddenly turned into a Union soldier. Blood sprayed out of his mouth, through your fingers. As you look down, you realize you drove a sword, right through his stomach.

"W-..why?..." the Union soldier faintly whispered, before collapsing into your arms, covering your clothes with his blood. You could see your sword, sticking out of his back, bloodied.

All around you, Kaylee, Twilight and Red Eyes, were methodically walking down a poorly lit hall, killing Union soldiers, butchering them. As red sprayed over their faces, you saw the hidden horror, frozen deep in their eyes.

And somewhere, ahead, was an opening to a large hangar.
The foot of a giant machine was in view.

(Rogue Fire)

"...when faced with a difficult situation, you deflect it with humor.." the sea pony quietly said, staring at the cathedral in the distance:

"..but what do you really feel?..." he looked down:

"....I have been watching your memories... trying to understand... who you are... why you do, what you do..." he looked at you with a blank expression:

"....why do you do it?... risk your life for others? Go so far, to help total strangers? Do you truly understand, the danger you're putting yourself through?" the pony quietly asked. His eyes looked empty.

A series of explosions rang in the distance. Emeralds wild laugh, the griffons cry. Batpony commandos fighting the robots. Down there, somewhere in the chaos, your old self tried to fly Audrey Swan in a helicopter, toward the Cathedral of Adelheid.

(Twilight Sparkle)

"The.. people of the entire world" Kaylee released a shy smile:

"That's.. what the Union stands for. Helping everyone in need. No matter what"

She gently raised her hand and moved her silver her away from her eyes:
"...Twilight... I know you disapprove of the Union.. but you also know I am a Union officer."

Kaylee looked up at you with sad eyes:

"...who am I to you? In the end?... who do you see, when you look at me?"

293Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 27 Oct - 19:21

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

Twilight briefly closes her eyes. Then opens them again with a soft smile.

"When I look at Kaylee Brown, I see a friend. An unlikely friend in some ways, but a friend nonetheless. Sure, we may not have the same views on certain matters, but being different is human."

She turns more solemn. "I took her for granted. That's how I trampled over her feelings as much as I have done. But lingering on that won't help me. All I can do is learn from my mistakes. And one of these things is to clear up a misunderstanding."

Her thoughts were clear. ~"As, apparently, a creature that can read my memories and thoughts can't figure out my opinion on the union? Shameful. Let's end these silly games, come at me. "~

294Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 27 Oct - 20:37

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rains eyes flick around, "Hay there... I presume your squiggles as i've never seen you before in my life." She slowly walks up next to the seapony, "You look good." She smiles weakly, "I certainly hope this wont be the place your trapped in... its rather dreary dont you think?"

295Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 27 Oct - 22:16

Dan One

Dan One

Radiance let the soldier fall. Then, knowing what he had to do he gripped the blade in his hand tighter and charged towards the mayhem.

His first attack went for Kaylee. Mocking the Glysteria as he does

“The past will not be changed no matter what I am show,” His blade slashing through her prosthetic leg at the knee, “Whether Kaylee becomes someone else or dies here the reality is that she is very much alive.” He follows the attack with a sucker punch to her jaw.

“The nightmare is only terrifying the first time. Now actually try or submit! But stop wasting my time!”

296Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sat 27 Oct - 22:38

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts

“Hello?” Mist frowned and turned to the pony, taking a few hesitant steps forward.

She had never liked the sea, it wasn’t an area that brought much comfort to her. It concerned her, the endless waters. But this pony also confusing. We’re they going to harass her? Trick her? Guide her? Was it the parasite?

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

"Well on the humour front, if you have access to my memories, you know I've seen exactly just how dark my world can get already, way more so even than this, so why should I make it any darker by brooding over it all?" Rogue says, indicating to the scene below

"You have to keep the mood positive to stay focused, or you risk being overwhelmed by everything, and then you lose track of your priorities and what's important, and that's no help to anyone at all. I mean, of course I understand the terrible things that're happening, but getting upset about them won't make them go away or solve them, so you have to pull through and focus on your objective, to make the situation right as good as you can get."

Rogue pauses for a moment, watching the helicopter navigation it's way, before he spoke again "Would you? Potentially make the ultimate sacrifice to save another of your kind, or your entire species, if the opportunity presented itself? Do you even consider the concept yourself? You ask me these moral questions, but do you actually understand them yourself, or are you just parroting what you think will make me question my stance, maybe open up an exploit you can use to win and kill both of us?"

Rogue reclines a bit in his seating position and scratches at his chin "Because if you do win, then that's what'll happen. You know this, you have my memories from a couple of minutes ago when I was literally just told it myself. And if I can't win, then I'll make damn sure we at least go down together, to protect my friends, protect my comrades, protect the random strangers doing the offing, hell, maybe even protect the princess too, if I must. You know this too, because you have my memories from yonks ago as well.

You asked me who I am, why I do what I do. Well I do what I do, because of who I am, who I've been, and who I'll be. To be in the right place at the right time, to work alongside others who, okay, I don't always agree or get along with on everything, but sometimes. Sometimes, we can come together to do great things, to become part of something more, to be able to change the world for the better, even if only a little.

I've had the honour of witnessing the very worst and best Humanity has to offer, I've been both myself. I've already made my biggest mistake, I've already had my darkest day, so I figure even if things look bleak now, they could always be a lot worse, so everything from here on in is heading upwards..." Rogue ends his statement with some finger guns pointing up towards the sky with 'pow pow' sound effects.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain takes a seat? "you see it all. Dont you?" She adjusts herself next to the seapony, "mean spirited, bipolar, Rain has some form of affection for her friends. Rogue, Twilight, you know how much I dislike unicorns especially after the enchanters. Yet those two, Twilight and her smart ass, Rogue with his jokes even in the most dire of situations. Their my friends, and i'll insult them, I'll critizise them without any mercy sometimes, and I say regretful things." She looks down, "In the end we are all together, a family almost. No matter how hard we try to get away from each other we end up together again." She chuckles, "ahhh... its funny really. I thought when I met them they were fools, just preparing to die becauase artimis was actually a threat at the time, so I followed them, ready to take them into artimis in myself when they finally croaked so I could clear my name for helping nyx. They never died. They pulled through like a family."

299Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sun 28 Oct - 20:10

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Twilight Sparkle)

The entire world suddenly froze, its colors rapidly fading, turning everything gray. As if someone has hit the pause button on the remote.

"..Its seems you have strengthened your bond with her and wiped away your regrets..." a young voice, rang in your head:

"Impressive.. I did not think you would break through the barrier so quickly"

The entire world faded away, replaced by an endless black desert. Heavy storm clouds moved up above, casting long, heavy shadows. A small patch of gray sand was illuminated by an unseen light.
At its center, you saw a massive, three meter tall great sword. Its tip, buried into the sand.

It stood vertically to the ground, in a perfect 90 degree angle. And atop the sword, right on its hilt, sat a young boy, around 13 years old. He looked like a sea pony, his silver hair was cut short, slightly falling over his eyes.

Dressed in a black, formal suit, he sat atop the sword, his legs crossed. The hilt seemed far too small to give him a firm footing. He should have fallen off, a long time ago. Yet somehow, he maintained perfect balance.

//Soundtrack

The boy looked at you and released a serious smile:

"I am called Alyx, The Wandering Scholar.

I am the parasite that rests in your soul. This, is how your subconsciousness perceives me."

He slowly rose up to full height. The tip of the hilt was far too small and he had to stand on it with one foot, on his tip toe, once again, maintaining perfect, impossible balance:

"My purpose is to travel the land, and gather as much knowledge as possible" The boy released a small grin:

"And I have no intention of being bound to you forever, Twilight Sparkle"

He made a graceful back flip, kicking the sword out of the sand in one motion and grabbing it with both hands, as he landed onto the ground. The three meter tall sword, raised high over his head.
He quietly grinned:

Come at me"

300Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 2 Sun 28 Oct - 20:10

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Rain Runner)

"It seems you've made close friends" the boy slightly smiled: "Cherish them, bonds like these can last for a lifetime"

He raised his head, his bright eyes looking at you:
"Yes, I am Squiggles. This form-" he looked at himself: "It is how your subconscious perceives me"

He slowly extended his hand, waving it across the bleak landscape: "This... is the blank page. The primary landscape of imagination. The blank slate, that has the potential to become anything. You need only imagine.

We are in the deepest parts of your soul. From here, I can imagine any picture, any memory, real or fictional and it will materialize here"

The boy looked down with a sad smile: "...I guess... this is the part where I show you something really scary, to completely shatter your will.... but, I don't want to"

He looked up at you with a trace of tears in his eyes:

"...I haven't lived for very long but... you are the first person, who was ever nice to me. The first one, who saw me as something more than a monster. Not just a scary creature that goes bump in the night, but... a living.. being..."

He looked down, suppressing a faint sob:

"No one ever saw me like that, no one was ever nice to me before....
I don't want to fight... I don't want to harm your feelings" Squiggles looked down, with tears slowly forming deep in his eyes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum