The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 39]

251Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Mon 17 Jun - 12:16

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:

"Ursula, you mentioned it a few times earlier.. what is a 'Limit Break'..?" Kaylee asked.

"Oh.. right, sorry, I forgot to explain" Ursula nodded twice:
"A Limit Break is a special ability, unique to each Witcher. Unlike the spell configuration, once you choose a Limit Break, you won't be able to swap it. It will remain with you for life. Some Witchers are often defined by it.

To choose a Limit Break, you'll need two things:
Its schematics.
And to accumulate a total of 40 Points for Stats distribution, or more.

At the moment, you have acquired a total of 18 Stat Points, for example.

After those criteria are met, you'll be able to choose a Limit Break - I'll explain what it actually means." Ursula paused, catching her breath, before continuing:

"A Limit Break is a unique signature skill that allows you to go passed your human limits, in a life or death situation.
Upon taking too much damage in combat, your parasite may feel threatened and attempt to activate your 'Limit Break', as a last attempt to turn the tide of battle.

There are many types of Limit Breaks. Some unleash devastating magic attacks, some hinder your opponents. Some heal everyone in a wide area, others only protect you.

They can only be used once a day, so always keep it as a last resort." Ursula said, pausing to catch her breath again:

"...looking at this scene... two Limit Breaks come to mind...

First, the Doppler's Limit Break. Alders prize.
Doppler is a non combat skill, it allows you to take the appearance of any person you ever saw. Alder's Marauders planned to use this skill to sneak inside a Castle City and migrate to the Machine World.

Second, the Berserker's Limit Break. A very dangerous and unpredictable combat skill.
When caught inside a life or death situation, Berserker's have the ability to temporarily manifest their own parasites into a physical form, as a projection over their own bodies.
At that moment, the Witcher releases control of his own body, and temporarily passes the reins to his parasite.

What happens then, is as follows. Imagine a lone Witcher, outnumbered and cornered. Low on Mana and Health, perhaps low on Sanity. He has nowhere to run and the enemies slowly approach him.
The next second, a piercing shriek erupts from his body and the Witcher turns into a 3 meter tall, parasite monster.
With a sudden boost to Health and physical strength, he begins hurling his enemies left and right, punching them dozens of meters back and biting their heads off, rampaging across the area.

At that moment, the Witcher has no control over what happens. His own parasite is in complete control. And the boost of strength he receives is insane.

It is a devastating ability... beyond comprehension. The Witchers that wield it... the ones who establishes a deep bond and truly believe in their parasites... they are a force of nature that should be respected.

The devastation Berserkers leave behind... might look something like this" Ursula gestured over the battlefield.

"There's something I don't get. You said that each Limit Break is unique to a single Witcher, but the schematics for Limit Breaks're freely available to obtain, so what stops whoever carved those specific symbols in the stone from carving them again in other stones?" Rogue asks Ursula.

252Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Mon 17 Jun - 12:17

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:

Rogue wrote:"Or teleport?" Rogue adds, "Who knows, maybe they can still teleport around here, since they use a different magic system to Earth? Either way though, it does give it an edge in maneuverability."

"For better or worse, there's no teleportation spells" Ursula said, then looked at the crater:

"....I don't think we should stay here for much longer. Whatever did this, might decide to come back and we have a convoy full of people behind us.
We should make one last sweep of the area, pick up any useful gear or artifact and move out. I'll feel safer once we've moved past this area.."

"Never going to get that one back, am I? Truly, them were the good times..." Rogue sarcastically mutters to himself.

Last edited by Rogue Fire on Mon 17 Jun - 12:24; edited 1 time in total

253Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Mon 17 Jun - 12:20

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

C̷O̴N̴S̶U̸M̵E̵ wrote:"I'd search the bodys but uhhh... I dont want to go anywhere near them..." she says as she begins walking to her fox, "I'd take dales armor but uhhh... it has a big hole in it. If you lot feel no shame in looting dismembered and acid ridden bodys, be my guest. Me personally I had my fill."

"I have no qualms liberating them of their hard-earned stuff" Rogue shrugs, taking a cursory glance over the bodies for anything still intact and useful, "The way I see it, I can hardly use it for a worse purpose than they did? Maybe it can finally do some good?"

254Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Mon 17 Jun - 12:23

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Radiance wrote:Radiance took a small sip then passes back the canteen.

"I'll rest when I'm dead."

"Oh joy of joys" Rogue jokes, "Then I'll get to nick your stuff too, it's practically Christmas."

255Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Mon 17 Jun - 23:08

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"Be my guest! I'd dig through alders pockets first." She looks to Alders lower half, "See if you cant find that limit break stone. Oh! I call dibs on alders knife!"

256Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Tue 18 Jun - 11:29

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

C̷O̴N̴S̶U̸M̵E̵ wrote:"Be my guest! I'd dig through alders pockets first." She looks to Alders lower half, "See if you cant find that limit break stone. Oh! I call dibs on alders knife!"

"Beat me to it" Rogue says, snapping his fingers in mock annoyance.

257Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Tue 18 Jun - 17:21

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"Once we get back to camp, we should probably write down all our findings and deduce from there. And any oddities and inconsistencies in theories on situations should be spoken about. Especially if it's false because of basic witcher information."

Twilight ponders. "A witcher that goes berserk... It could explain the damage, but not the reason why they're not devoured. Hmmm... If it isn't for the implausibility, I'd say a machine or multiple did this to them." She looks around, wondering if a tower was nearby.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Radiance wrote:He furrows his brow then looks at the Witcher casting the unknown spell "What is that?"

"Dispel" The Witcher shortly replied, still charting the pentagram in the air: "Removes all status effects, positive and negative. Disrupts illusion based Limit Breaks"

"Wicked" Johan quietly whispered: "Can you teach us?"

"Yes" the Witcher nodded. He and his comrade are still preparing their spells, standing a few feet from Radiance.

(Radiance is still suffering the effects of the Poison affliction, 3 rounds remaining)

(Radiance suffered -5 HP, 15 HP remaining)

Rogue wrote:"There's something I don't get. You said that each Limit Break is unique to a single Witcher, but the schematics for Limit Breaks're freely available to obtain, so what stops whoever carved those specific symbols in the stone from carving them again in other stones?" Rogue asks Ursula.

"I may have explained it poorly" Ursula nodded: "Perhaps it would be more accurate to say, that a Limit Break often defines a Witcher, his personality or role in combat.

You're absolutely right, there are Witchers who carry the same Limit Break. Creating a schematic for it is extremely difficult, it takes a little over three years to prepare and the experience of a master blacksmith to forge. Often, a blacksmith can only work on one at a time.

But once the schematic is forged, several Witchers can utilize it"

She placed a hand over her armors chest plate: "For example, the local folk named me the Archangel of Beauclair, because it was always assumed I would one day acquire the Archangel Limit Break.
It will allow me to instantly heal the wounds of everyone around me, on a very large radius. Be they friend or foe. So the timing and place have to be chosen carefully.
All that, without spending a single point of Mana" She looked behind her: "...I guess having four wings also contributed to the name, but... ehehe..."

"It doesn't cost Mana?" Kaylee repeated, her eyes widening slightly.

Ursula nodded with a smile: "Limit Breaks don't need Mana to cast. That's why they're so powerful"

Rogue wrote:"I have no qualms liberating them of their hard-earned stuff" Rogue shrugs, taking a cursory glance over the bodies for anything still intact and useful, "The way I see it, I can hardly use it for a worse purpose than they did? Maybe it can finally do some good?"

Ursula seriously nodded: "As Witchers, our main objective is safeguarding the innocent from the parasite threat. Any tools we can use to further that objective are fair game. Nifelheim faces extinction. We simply can't afford to leave behind good gear, if it can help us save lives"

As you survey the battlefield, you find three broken, charred Witcher weapons. They looked like dark, prolonged pieces of metal, slightly bent and shriveled, full of green bubbles that have frozen over and solidified, but still faintly glowed.

Upon inspecting Alders body, you think he's holding something in his clutched fist. You can't quite see what it is though.

On his belt, you find a very thin dagger with a custom made grip. On the handle, it had a wooden carving of a scary looking creature that somewhat resembled a dragon that breathed lightning.

Twilight wrote:"Once we get back to camp, we should probably write down all our findings and deduce from there. And any oddities and inconsistencies in theories on situations should be spoken about. Especially if it's false because of basic witcher information."

Twilight ponders. "A witcher that goes berserk... It could explain the damage, but not the reason why they're not devoured. Hmmm... If it isn't for the implausibility, I'd say a machine or multiple did this to them." She looks around, wondering if a tower was nearby.

"Don't even joke like that" Ursula said with notable fear in her voice: "If a machine did this, then that would mean... another Machine World invasion has begun.." she wrapped herself in her arms:
"...and their only objective seems to be... the extermination of every human on Nifelheim. They will definitely target our convoy.."

She violently shook her head and looked away: "N-no... the invasions only begin at the Machina Portal... that's way up north, on the main continent..." Her eyes widened:

"But what if.. they constructed another portal? Bypassed all our defense lines?... They'd catch us completely off guard.. We don't have enough men to fend off an invasion on Ashra.. What if they brought a dozen flying machines like last time, they'd cut through us like-..."

Ursula cut herself off and closed her eyes: ".......no. We mustn't give in to panic.
Invasions only begin at the Machina Portal, they always began there... there's no reason to suspect a new portals appearance." she opened her eyes, starring off into space:

"This cannot be an invasion. Its impossible" she said and went quiet. You get the feeling she doesn't fully believe that, more entering a state of denial.

As you survey the far landscape, the forest trees seem to obscure most of your field of view, but so far you can't spot any towers in the distance.

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain smirks as she carefully trots her fox next to Alders body, "Hah! Another to the collection. A beauty too..." her eyes drift to alders hand, "-You'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands." She shakes her head and gives a soft chuckle, "It was an honor Alder... you morally bankrupt man. None can hold it against you here." She looks to the rest of the group, her voice speaking out to everyone, "Allow us a moment of silence... even if criminals, even if traitors, we all deserve honor in death. Even with the deeds that he and his posse had bestowed apon themselfs, even if their morals were incorrect. We must never forget every man and woman has their own story, so let us respect their end, that in the end he isn't a theif or a traitor, but a warrior trying to make his way through this world just like the rest of us. He was a witcher, just like you, and some of you may think otherwise but to this end... nobody deserves." She rides to the pathway, "Im ready to leave when you all are."

Dan One

Dan One

"These are not men who deserve a funeral, they where corrupted by evil and became consumed by it. I will not give them the dignity of an honorable farewell."

He closes his eyes and lets out a slow breath

"Any who activity and consciously make it their job to cause suffering and who take advantage of the weak for their own greed I will no longer show mercy too.

The parasites, those they corrupt, and those from Earth that seek to destroy this place instead of help it will taste my wrath."

Last edited by Radiance on Fri 21 Jun - 8:53; edited 1 time in total

261Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Wed 19 Jun - 11:21

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"On a normal circimstance i'd agree with you Radiance. Alder was a bastard we all know it. I dont think he was evil though." Rain frowns, "He was just a man trying to escape this hell like everyone else." She shrugs, "Did he do it in a very wrong way... yes... I honor Alder but I honor him as an admirable fighter. You cannot say he was a coward like Carvos he did his objective and he got his payment." She shrugs, "I dont believe he was a terrorist. Just a Traitor and an asshole. You may not honor him, but if theres one thing my sister taught me is that you should never disrespect the souls of the dead. Always honor your foes even if they do not honor you. Everyone has a story. Alders ended poorly." She sighs.

262Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Wed 19 Jun - 17:09

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"I wasn't making a joke." Twilight says solemnly. "It's a serious option to considder with those bodies present. Because I doubt there is a scenario where a parasite wouldn't eat. Alyx feasts without my knowledge. I don't mind, but still. So a witcher needs to have full control over their parasite to spare the bodies."

She glances over to the conversation about honor, keeping her thoughts to herself on the idea of "honor".

263Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Wed 19 Jun - 21:33

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:

Rogue wrote:"I have no qualms liberating them of their hard-earned stuff" Rogue shrugs, taking a cursory glance over the bodies for anything still intact and useful, "The way I see it, I can hardly use it for a worse purpose than they did? Maybe it can finally do some good?"

Ursula seriously nodded: "As Witchers, our main objective is safeguarding the innocent from the parasite threat. Any tools we can use to further that objective are fair game. Nifelheim faces extinction. We simply can't afford to leave behind good gear, if it can help us save lives"

As you survey the battlefield, you find three broken, charred Witcher weapons. They looked like dark, prolonged pieces of metal, slightly bent and shriveled, full of green bubbles that have frozen over and solidified, but still faintly glowed.

Upon inspecting Alders body, you think he's holding something in his clutched fist. You can't quite see what it is though.

On his belt, you find a very thin dagger with a custom made grip. On the handle, it had a wooden carving of a scary looking creature that somewhat resembled a dragon that breathed lightning.

"Now what do we have here?" Rogue says, as he pokes Alder's fist with his bayonet.

264Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Fri 21 Jun - 23:13

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

The two Witchers standing next of Radiance finished charting their pentagrams in the air. They pointed at Radiance and discharged their spells, one after another.
Radiances body was quickly enveloped in tiny lights, blue and yellow. They swirled around him like a small tornado, then flew into his chest and vanished. His body glowed for a moment, then all lights faded.

(Poison status effect has been removed)

(Radiance has been healed for +20 HP, maximum 25 HP restored)

Alders fist slightly moves, you notice something shining between the fingers. Upon closer inspection you see it, a small rock with a hieroglyph carved deep into it. As time passed, the hieroglyph changed colors, from blue, to green, to red, then blue again.

"Is that... the Limit Break?" Kaylee asked, slightly squinting.

"Mmm" Ursula grimly nodded: "Lets take it and leave. I don't want to be in this place for much longer"
She sighed and looked at her palm: "...the only way we still have to honor Alders Marauders, is to return their bodies to earth.
The Nifelheim tradition is to burn our dead. And leave their ashes over the earth.
And from our bodies, flowers will grow."

Ursula closed her eyes and collected her palms over her armors chest plate:
"...its the best honor we can receive. If I die, that's how I'd want to go.

Kaylee.. you still have lightning equipped, its the closest thing we have to starting a fire. Could you.. ?... you don't have to cast it, just hold it in your palm and place it next to the bodies. The magic will do the rest" Ursula quietly said and looked up.

Kaylee nodded with a reflection of sorrow. She lifted her palm and purple sparks began dancing between her fingertips, creating something that looked like a ball lightning. Slowly moving across the crater, she held her hand over each body, until it was consumed by flames.

When it was done, she slowly waved her palm, dissipating the electricity and began moving away.
Johan rode closer on his fox and helped her climb up, before they rode off toward the convoy.

The senior Witchers picked up the three charred weapons from the crater and followed. Only the sounds of fire were heard from behind.

265Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Sat 22 Jun - 11:09

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain seems eager to leave, her hand caressing her foxes neck before following alongside of her companions. She was silent the entire way to the Caravan.

266Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Sun 23 Jun - 16:09

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:The two Witchers standing next of Radiance finished charting their pentagrams in the air. They pointed at Radiance and discharged their spells, one after another.
Radiances body was quickly enveloped in tiny lights, blue and yellow. They swirled around him like a small tornado, then flew into his chest and vanished. His body glowed for a moment, then all lights faded.

(Poison status effect has been removed)

(Radiance has been healed for +20 HP, maximum 25 HP restored)

Alders fist slightly moves, you notice something shining between the fingers. Upon closer inspection you see it, a small rock with a hieroglyph carved deep into it. As time passed, the hieroglyph changed colors, from blue, to green, to red, then blue again.

"Is that... the Limit Break?" Kaylee asked, slightly squinting.

"Mmm" Ursula grimly nodded: "Lets take it and leave. I don't want to be in this place for much longer"
She sighed and looked at her palm: "...the only way we still have to honor Alders Marauders, is to return their bodies to earth.
The Nifelheim tradition is to burn our dead. And leave their ashes over the earth.
And from our bodies, flowers will grow."

Ursula closed her eyes and collected her palms over her armors chest plate:
"...its the best honor we can receive. If I die, that's how I'd want to go.

Kaylee.. you still have lightning equipped, its the closest thing we have to starting a fire. Could you.. ?... you don't have to cast it, just hold it in your palm and place it next to the bodies. The magic will do the rest" Ursula quietly said and looked up.

Kaylee nodded with a reflection of sorrow. She lifted her palm and purple sparks began dancing between her fingertips, creating something that looked like a ball lightning. Slowly moving across the crater, she held her hand over each body, until it was consumed by flames.

When it was done, she slowly waved her palm, dissipating the electricity and began moving away.
Johan rode closer on his fox and helped her climb up, before they rode off toward the convoy.

The senior Witchers picked up the three charred weapons from the crater and followed. Only the sounds of fire were heard from behind.

Rogue grabs the Limit Break and the three broken Witcher weapons, and follows after the others, "So this pebble could allow anyone to learn how to shapeshift? Back home, only one race could do that, but as a natural genetic ability."

267Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Sun 23 Jun - 17:08

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Rogue wrote:Rogue grabs the Limit Break and the three broken Witcher weapons, and follows after the others, "So this pebble could allow anyone to learn how to shapeshift? Back home, only one race could do that, but as a natural genetic ability."

"Woah.. I've never heard of such a thing" Ursula quietly said in surprise: "But yeah, anyone can learn it. Just need to grow a bit more in strength"

After your return, the convoy departed almost immediately and made much fewer stops along the road. It seems the Witchers wanted to reach the islands coast as soon as was physically possible.

Steering clear of the forests, the convoy made its way along the snowy flats for several more days, before you began to feel salt on the wind, carried to you from the ocean. You heard the sounds of heavy wooden contraptions, energetic shouts and piercing chirping, long before you reached port.

The convoy was rolling over a high hill for a while and once you reached peak, the entire port town appeared at once, in all of its glory.

Three dozen brick houses from 2 to 5 floors were built, densely clustered along the shore. The streets were filled with markets, waggons and people, hurrying in all directions and carrying their belongings. A few blue pelts of foxes and the teal glow of spirits were seen peeking among the crowd. The entire town was swallowed by a massive racket of voices and loud conversations that all blended into unintelligible cacaphony.

Massive wooden cranes stood by the docks, in constant motion, moving stacks of large wooden crates. And docked at the harbor, twelve massive ships.

Majestic design covered every inch of them. Beatiful, massive figureheads of foxes, carved from red wood, decorared the bows of the ships. Every guard rail was designed to imitate the petals of fire and the ships sails depicted a gigantic insignia - a beautiful flower that reminded you of a white Lotus, with black colored leaves. The way the white flower petals were drawn, they reminded you of a burning fire.

"The royal fleet of Rakshata" Tim beamed, looking down at the port: "Under the direct command of its respective king. Rumor has it, he is the strongest mage in all Nifelheim."

"Wicked" Johan whispered, squinting at the ships: "Do you think he's down there?"

"Mm, probably not" Tim leaned back on the waggons guard rail and smiled: "Its standard procedure for the kings to stay at their respective castle towns and oversee their protection. They only leave home in extra ordinary circumstances, lest risking the safety of their towns, they are the strongest Witchers in their respective castle town, after all"

Johan gave Tim a confused looked and Tim pleasantly smiled:
"The kings aren't chosen by bloodline.
Instead, the chain of succession is decided by the Anual Tourneys of Lieselotte! A series of contests where Witchers compete against each other, to test their might and wit, culminating in a series of duels... TO THE DEATH!!!" Tim wildly waves his hands over his head, then released a small chuckle when Johan went pale:

"I am joking of course, with our dwindeling population, duels to the death have been outlawed centuries ago.
The results of the Tourney are brought together and a list is compiled, comprised of every participating Witcher. The one with the highest score, will become king of Lieselotte, our capital city. The ones directly below him, will become kings of the other cities.

Those below them, become part of the Royal Chain of Succession. If something happens to one of the ruling kings, the list moves up and the next Witcher in line, with the new highest score, becomes the new king of the city with a free vacancy.

Each year, the list is updated when the next Tourney takes place. Any Witcher can apply, there's no restrictions. Each year, hundreds of people travel to Lieselotte, to participate or witness the Tourney.
It is a thing like no other" Tim leaned back, his growing smile and vacant stare seem to indicate he's become lost in his memories.

The two weeks since you left the village were spent very productively and you began to feel a real growth.
Practicing martial arts, you felt you moved a lot faster, your old reflexes and muscle memory began coming back.
The outright terrifying calculus and chemistry formulas in the books of magic, began to make sense and you began to recognize some of the words in the veteran Witchers conversations on Nifel.

(Your stats have changed)

(Rain has risen from 10th Kyu to 4th Kyu, in her martial art skill)

(Radiance has risen from 10th Kyu to 4th Kyu, in his martial art skill)

(Johan has risen from 10th Kyu to 4th Kyu, in his martial art skill)

(Twilight has become a Category 2 mage)

(Kaylee has become a Category 2 mage)

(Rogue has risen from 10th Kyu to 5th Kyu, in his martial art skill)
(Rogue has risen from Level 1 to level 1.5 in the knowledge of the Nifel language and now understands most of the commonly used words.)

(Unfortunately Ursula already knew all the studied material, her stats didn't change.)

268Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Sun 23 Jun - 17:11

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The new character stats are as follows):

Radiance & Echo of Doubt

Health: 25
Sanity: 13
Mana: 10

Witcher Weapon: Long Sword

Magic Category: 1

Martial Art Technique Level: 4th Kyu

Spells
------
Offense: Lightning, Frost
Status Effects & Defense: Spectral Armor
Utility: Heightened Senses, Scan

Linguistics
-----------
Equestrian - Mother tongue
Nyx - Fluently
Soren - Fluently

Nifel - Can only say a few words (level 1)

Ursula the Archangel of Beauclair (Diana)

Health: 17
Sanity: 17
Mana: 40

Witcher Weapon: Rapier

Witcher Category: 2

Martial Art Technique Level: 2nd Kyu

Spells
------
Offense: Strength Sap, Ice Spike
Status Effects & Defense: Heal, Spektral Mine
Utility: Flare, Dance of the Swallow, Water Dance,

Linguistics:
-----------
Nifel - Mother tongue
Soren - Fluent with heavy accent

Twilight Sparkle & Alyx the Wandering Scholar

Health: 11
Sanity: 12
Mana: 25

Witcher Weapon: Splitting Axe

Magic Category: 2

Martial Art Technique Level: 10th Kyu

Spells
------
Offense: Strength Sap, Frost
Status Effects & Defense: Healing
Utility: Dance of the Swallow, Flare

Linguistics
-----------
Equestrian - Mother Tongue
Tesian - With accent
Selene - can save herself with the basics.
Soren - still learning it due to a lack of desire to learn it.
Earth Magic - Mother Tongue
Scripts

Nifel - can only say a few words (Level 1)

Rogue Fire & Rolo

Health: 16
Sanity: 16
Mana: 16

Witcher Weapon: Shield

Witcher Category: 1

Martial Arts Technique Level: 5th Kyu

Spells
------
Offense: Strength Sap, Lightning
Utility: Dance of the Swallow, Scan

Linguistics
-----------
Equestrian - Mother Tongue
Verrian - With accent
Soren - Fluent

Nifel - Knows a lot of commonly used words (level 1.5)

Rain Runner & Squiggles

Health: 21
Sanity: 12
Mana: 15

Witcher Weapon: Bow

Martial Arts Technique Level: 4th Kyu

Spells
------
Offense: Lightning, Strength Sap
Status Effects & Defense: Spectral Armor
Utility: Dance of the Swallow, Hightened Senses

Linguistics
-----------
Artemis - Mother Tongue
Soren - Fluent with accent
Nyx - Fluent with accent

Kaylee Brown & Harris the Unyielding Cruelty

Health: 12
Sanity: 11
Mana: 25

Witcher Weapon: Katana

Magic Category: 2

Martial Arts Technique Level: 10th Kyu

Spells
------
Offense: Lightning, Strenght Sap
Status Effects & Defense: Armor
Utility: Dance of the Swallow, Heightened Senses

Linguistics
-----------
Equestrian - Mother tongue
Verrian - Fluently, but with a heavy accent
Soren - Fluently, but with a heavy accent
Mikasa - Can only say a few words

Johan of Nyx & Drasko

Health: 11
Sanity: 21
Mana: 16

Witcher Weapon: Katana

Martial Arts Technique Level: 4th Kyu

Spells
------
Offense: Strength Sap, Frost
Utility: Dance of the Swallow, Light

Linguistics
-----------
Nyx - Mother tongue
Soren - Mother tongue

269Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Sun 23 Jun - 17:16

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

The waggons creaked and pulled to a stop by the harbors entrance. The civilians started pilling out, eager to stretch their legs and beginning to pull their meaget belongings.

Ursula jumped off and stretched upward, unfolding all four of her blue colored wings:
"Mmmm, that ride was way too long"

"Wander if they have any new spells on those ships" Johan thought aloud.

"They better" Tim excitedly smiled: "The Royal Fleet represents its king, it would be embarassing if its arsenal was lacking"

270Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Sun 23 Jun - 19:57

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"Hmmm" Twilight says as she looked at her hand.

~"Alyx, I wonder, do we get more spells on hand with each level, or do we have to train for those sperately?"~

She looks at the ships, hearing the word about the kings. "Chosen... With the factors including power, feats of heroism and other factors based on a seat of power..." She slowly gains a greedy smile, ambition without malice getting written on her face. "That means WE could become witcher kings, hypothetically. Now would that not make negociations easier..." She chuckles to herself.

271Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Mon 24 Jun - 13:20

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:The waggons creaked and pulled to a stop by the harbors entrance. The civilians started pilling out, eager to stretch their legs and beginning to pull their meaget belongings.

Ursula jumped off and stretched upward, unfolding all four of her blue colored wings:
"Mmmm, that ride was way too long"

"Wander if they have any new spells on those ships" Johan thought aloud.

"They better" Tim excitedly smiled: "The Royal Fleet represents its king, it would be embarassing if its arsenal was lacking"

"What's the procedure now; do ships just set sail whenever they're full, or is there a pause until everyone on the island gets here so they set off as a convoy?" Rogue asks.

272Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Mon 24 Jun - 18:31

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Twilight wrote:"Chosen... With the factors including power, feats of heroism and other factors based on a seat of power..." She slowly gains a greedy smile, ambition without malice getting written on her face. "That means WE could become witcher kings, hypothetically. Now would that not make negociations easier..." She chuckles to herself.

"Yes.. but would the local populace really accept us?" Kaylee looked down in sorrow: "...we can barely put two words together in their language. We don't know their history, their culture.
We don't fully understand their mentality.

They were born into an unforgiving world, where each day they are hunted. Things like reachable hospitals and law enforcement, something we take for granted, were never available to them.
They live in a world were 17 year old boys and girls are expected to take up arms and face death, for the first time. Carry suicide pills and readily use them, sacrificing themselves to save everyone else, but themselves.

And they're fine with it. They accept it and sneer at those who do not. Without fully understanding them, accepting them for who they are, how can we hope for them to accept us?" Kaylee looked up in sorrow.

Rogue wrote:"What's the procedure now; do ships just set sail whenever they're full, or is there a pause until everyone on the island gets here so they set off as a convoy?" Rogue asks.

"Once everyone on the island is onboard, the ships will all set sail at once-" Ursula nodded: "Easier to protect them when they're together. The collective Witcher strength on all ships will make repelling any potential attacks much smoother and faster"

She waved you to follow: "Come on, lets get on board and get acclimated to our new quarters. The trip will last another week at least."

Johan hopped off the wagon and began trailing behind. Moving into the harbor district, you noticed a long line of people waiting to board the ships and moving somewhat slowly. The bottleneck seemed to be the entrance to the ships themselves, where a man in a hooded cloak stood with a parchment and asked something of every person that came onboard.

Similar lines and cloaked men were visible to the entrance on all other ships.
Seemingly unfazed, Ursula and Tim took place in one of the lines. Kaylee and Johan soon followed.

Twilight wrote:~"Alyx, I wonder, do we get more spells on hand with each level, or do we have to train for those sperately?"~

"Mmm.. I'm not sure.. Ursula does seem to have a slightly bigger arsenal." Alyx said in thought: "Now that you mention it.. I do feel a little more stronger than when we first met.. like I can pull more weight.
We should ask Ursula about this when we get the chance..
"

273Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Mon 24 Jun - 18:53

Dan One

Dan One

"Providing there is a blacksmith aboard our ship I'd like to get my weapon reforged. And with the cultural and language gap, that can easily be worked on. I think it would greatly benefit everyone if we spent the week on learning the language. Learn the langauge and we can learn the history here. Show the locals that we're willing to put in the effort to learn." He rubs the back of his neck "Plus I fear the lack of being able to communicate well is starting to effect my mental state in a bad way."

274Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Mon 24 Jun - 19:43

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain looks to the ships, "this is a gorgious town." She comments, resting her thumb on her belt, as she pushes herself off of one of the wagons, "too bad we have to leave so soon." She frowns, "I agree with radiance as well I'd like to get my weapon reforged as well. Maybe visit a market... Get some food." She sighs.

275Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Tue 25 Jun - 12:04

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:

Rogue wrote:"What's the procedure now; do ships just set sail whenever they're full, or is there a pause until everyone on the island gets here so they set off as a convoy?" Rogue asks.

"Once everyone on the island is onboard, the ships will all set sail at once-" Ursula nodded: "Easier to protect them when they're together. The collective Witcher strength on all ships will make repelling any potential attacks much smoother and faster"

She waved you to follow: "Come on, lets get on board and get acclimated to our new quarters. The trip will last another week at least."

Johan hopped off the wagon and began trailing behind. Moving into the harbor district, you noticed a long line of people waiting to board the ships and moving somewhat slowly. The bottleneck seemed to be the entrance to the ships themselves, where a man in a hooded cloak stood with a parchment and asked something of every person that came onboard.

Similar lines and cloaked men were visible to the entrance on all other ships.
Seemingly unfazed, Ursula and Tim took place in one of the lines. Kaylee and Johan soon followed.

"Who're those guys in the hoods?" Rogue asks Ursula.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum