The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 39]

276Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Thu 27 Jun - 17:27

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

"I think that's the White Lotus" Ursula squinted ahead: "A special unit, that answers directly to the king of Rakshata" she subtly pointed: "Look, they wear his crest on their uniforms"

As you follow her line of sight, you notice the hooded figures were all dressed in black. On their dark shirts, there was a drawing of a large lotus flower, with white petals of fire, right in the middle of their chests. The figures eyes faintly glowed under the hoods and they gloomily watched the crowd.

"There should be a blacksmith on the ship.. at least I hope there will be" Ursula said, turning around and fully turning her attention towards you: "God knows we gathered enough material to make modifications, maybe we can look at your shield too Rogue, I heard it hissing quite badly during the last fight. A blacksmith should look over it, to rule out any possible cracks"

She looked around the port town for a bit. The streets were filled with people, hurrying back and forth with large bags over their shoulders or baskets in their arms. The late afternoon sun reflected off the buildings windows, filling the town with bright orange lights.
It stopped snowing shortly before you arrived and now every roof and street was covered with a fair layer of glittering snow.

Most of the people were seemingly packing their belongings and moving out of their homes, but some still lingered in the market. More than a dozen stalls were still open in the main square and people were engaged in a last minute trade.

You noticed the crowd briefly part and make room for a pair of giant foxes that slowly strolled through and made their way to the harbor, than laid down by the docks and dozed off to sleep.

A few cat-like spirits flew by the market. Invisible to unarmed human eye, they flew around largely unnoticed, sometimes right in front of peoples faces, while brightly smiling. One managed to nick a pouch of sunflower seeds from the market stalls and disappeared into the crowd, silently cackling.

"I guess we have a few minutes to visit the market, if you guys want" Ursula nodded, then turned: "Tim, Johan, can you continue on aboard the ship? Secure a cabin for us and gather an update from the captain of when the ships will depart?"

"Mm" Johan nodded with a smile: "Been a while since I've sailed on a ship before"

"I know, I miss it" Kaylee released a wistful sigh: "There's nothing quite like looking over the horizon and see nothing but ocean. I always felt a certain freedom there, like I could just keep sailing and go anywhere.." she looked down:
"If only Ash was here.... no, wait, what am I saying, this place is horribly dangerous, I don't want her anywhere near here"

"Ashley Stanford, that's your first officer right?" Johan asked: "I remember her from Hyuuga"

"Yeah, she was with me ever since I first set foot on a warship" Kaylee said with a saddened smile: "Will feel weird sailing without her next to me"

"Okaaaay, so wonna check out the market?" Ursula asked, slightly tugging Kaylee by the sleeve, seemingly trying to pull her out of the gloom. Kaylee absentmindedly nodded.

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

277Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Thu 27 Jun - 17:43

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

//Hey guys, hope everyone is doing good =)

Sorry about the inactivity these past days, I have an upcoming exam on the 30th and another one on the 3rd July so there may be a few more delays =(

In another update, we may be getting a new, returning player soon in the rp =)

That's all for the updates, take care guys, stay safe and have a good week!

278Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Thu 27 Jun - 19:00

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain smirks, her arm quickly wraps around Kaylee, "You seem gloomy! You know I thought the same way you did. That my wife would think this world is beautiful and that if it weren't for nyx we would be traveling together. Then I thought I wouldn't want them here it's much too dangerous." She takes Kaylee's hands turning her to look her in the eyes, "Then I remembered how we met. The adventures, the thrill... It's what brought us together in the first place. Don't just pass off Nifelhime as a bad place because of just the bad things we have witnessed. Instead look around, think about what this world could provide not just us but the seemingly endless possibilities interdimentional travel could provide literally everyone to exist ever. For all we know Nifelhime could become the next big tourist attraction!" She chuckles, "...Imagine the parasite threat gone from this world... Imagine walking through a forest of unknown foliage with a loved one right beside you. Imagine setting sail to new horizons the sights to see and the adventures to be had with Ash..." She boops Kaylee's nose, "...Because you helped make this planet safe."

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

Kaylee gingerly covered her nose and blushed slightly:
"You're.. saying.. despite all the bad things that happened to us here.. there were good things too.." she lowered her hands and smiled:

"Yeah.. yeah, you're right. Thanx" she released her usual blinding smile.

"Who wants to check out the markeeet?" Ursula called, looking over the group in high spirits.

"Me and Tim will be looking over the new spells in the calibration stone aboard the ship in the meantime" Johan nodded: "Anyone tagging along?" He asked with a smile.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"I'm checking out the market. I hope they have some Citrus fruits, I can only imagine the crazy flavors that show up here." She falls behind Kaylee, just the hint of a smile remaining on the corners of her mouth.

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"I'm getting on the ship." Twilight says. "I need to get my magic up to date, plus there's the investigation we still have to do. That hasn't stopped being a thing since we left the crime scene."

"I also have a few questions to the parasites, how exactly this connection works. There may be a few things in there that may be able to prove useful, maybe something the greatest witchers realized subconsiously, maybe even consiously, but are keeping a secret for some reason."

She seems to be in thought. "I will make magic an extension of me again."

282Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Sun 30 Jun - 16:53

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Accommodation ladder)

Tim and Johan began moving together with you, until everyone ended up on the wooden accommodation ladder, that connected the port to the nearest ship.
The entire ladder was densely filled with people and the line moved slowly.

"Once everyone regroups on the ship and picks their new spell list, we can run a large debriefing" Johan nodded:
"Analyze the evidence we have from the crime scene and weight every option that explains what happened.
I wanted to check out the local maps as well, so we'll have a better idea of the area."

Tim beamed a little: "An open coversation with the parasites! Ho! That doesn't happen often!
I heard rumors of a spell that lets you manifest your parasite in a physical form, right beside you! Temporarily of course, but, one warrior suddenly becomes two? Think of the options! Having a sidekick is useful indeed.

Alas! Such spell is unknown to me, thus we won't be able to have one parasite converse with everyone directly.

But! I'll gladly volunteer to be the link between you and my parasite! You can ask him anything and I will convey his words. I'm sure Ursula will volunteer as well, if you're looking for a more combat oriented duo."

The line moved towards the end of the ladder, until you finally reached the edge of the ship. The gloomy figure by the entrance, with a Lotus on his shirt, looked at you with his glowing eyes, then looked down at his parchmen and asked Twilight something in monotone, as he did with every boarding passenger.

You believe he asked for your full name and where you were born, or where you currently live. You're not fully sure, he spoke on Nifel too quickly.

(The Market)

As you survey the market, you quickly notice that almost no one used money. Most folk were engaged in feverish trade, though some silver coins did sparkle in peoples hands occasionally.

You spot about a dozen open stalls in the main square, all built in a circle around a stone fountain with a beatiful statue of a woman. The woman poured water down from a jug and wore a simple yet beatiful dress. Judging by the apparent fire carvings around her eyes, she was a Witcher.

The market was packed with people and it was hard to see what was on sale, without coming up right in front of the stall.
You saw stalls full of bizarre looking fruit, with very bright, toxic colors, some green, other bright blue or purple.
One stall was selling just sacks of potatoes. Normal potatoes, just like on earth. At least on first glance.

"Mm" Kaylee placed her index finger to her cheek in thought: "My mom always says potatoes can grow anywhere.. who knew"

You spotted a few more stalls that sold different spices and another one with warm winter clothing.

A few cat spirits flew by and one tried to push you a pouch of brown dust, that could have been pepper, suggar, or something entirely questionable. The cat spirit seemed to want your dagger in return and Ursula shooed him away.

After a few moments you spotted a hunched over, cloaked figure in the crowd, standing just on the edge of a narrow alley. He adjusted his hood, revealing an old, unshaved face and released a crooked smile, with half his teeth missing. His eyes faintly glowed under the hood.

The figure subtly motioned you to come closer and patted himself on his belts pocket. Something was definitely in there and he meaningfully motioned for you to approach again.

283Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Sun 30 Jun - 19:37

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain takes interest in the fruit stand. Her time in nyx really made her appreciate the variaty any significant flavors of various citrus fruits, her eye catches on the various colors and she bites her lip trying to make a choice, "Can I get a basket?" She says in her broken nefielhime she quickly checks invintory and frowns, "I have nothing to trade." She sighs before her eyes drift to Ursula. She clears her throat and with the cheekiest grin she can muster, "Ursulaaa... You know mom loves you oh so much." She looks to Ursula... Then the fruit... Then back to Ursula.

284Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Sun 30 Jun - 20:29

Dan One

Dan One

...Went with the market group...

Radiance raises an eyebrow at the man, shakes his head, then separates from the group and decides
to wander the market area at his own pace. Taking the time to watch a few of the trades happen and enjoying the somehow chaotic order of the whole thing. He declines any offers but for the time declines the offers to trade with a friendly smile and head shake.

If the market here worked like the markets back on Earth then the good stuff would be more out of site. Something not being offered by a suspicious man next to an alley.

285Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 - Page 12 Empty Re: Witchers of Nifelheim - Part 3 Sun 30 Jun - 23:12

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

"I wasn't speaking about manifesting them for combat, though that is an option." Twilight answers back to Tim, in Soren. "I mean to discover how they work, what their use as a battery really entails, how they fuel magic, levels, stats. There's a lot left to discover there."

When asked by the hooded figure, she replies in Nifel. "Twilight Sparkle. Home gone, Glysteria. Got hurt." She hoped it would be enough to bluff her way through.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Accommodation ladder)

The hooded figure slowly looked up and gave you a wierd look.
In the depths of your soul, Alyx cringed slightly: "Twilight, your Soren accent is too heavy, we're called Glyst-a-ria, not Glyst-e-ria"

The hooded figure's bored expression slowly shifted into a frown. His glowing yellow eyes were drilling holes in your head.
Tim sensed something off and immediately stepped in, launching into a long speech, energetically articulating with his hands and laughing from time to time. He spoke Nifel too quickly and you couldn't catch everything he was saying, but you believe he's trying to pass you for his distant cousin.

"Shut up" the hooded figure pointed at Tim with his quill, then pointed at you, his frown growing deeper:
"You. What is the purpose of your visit" he asked in Nifel. You're not a hundred percent sure on the translation.
The folk in the line behind you, were slowly growing impatient. Alyx was palpably growing alarmed:
"Twilight be careful, there's too many eyes on us. This man answers directly to the king"

(The Market)

Ursula began kind heartedly laughing:
"Okay, okay, I got you" she approached the stall and passed a few silver coins to the merchant. The merchant smiled and compiled a basket full of brightly colored fruit of four different kinds, some were blindingly purple, others glowed blue.

Ursula thanked him and picked up the basket into her arms:
"This should make the voyage more colorful. Here you go. Be careful, some of these are really sweet" she passed you the basket.

As Radiance moved to the further parts of the market, judging by the sounds of fur and leather, some kind of clothing was sold here.
After a while you began to notice a pair of limping footsteps slowly following you. It lasted for a few minutes until the footsteps caught up with you and you vaguely recognized the sounds of the hunched and cloaked man that you heard in the narrow alley earlier.
Apparently the mans zeal couldn't be swayed that easily and when he realized you weren't coming, he went to talk to you instead:

"Hey, hey kid" the man spoke in broken Soren with an increadibly raspy voice:
"You wonna buy some Taboo spells? I'll sell 'em to ya dirt cheap, I swear on me mum!"

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

(cough cough stranger danger)

Rain, without even realizing it, has the brightest smile across her face as she takes one of the glowing blue fruits, "These are gorgious! I also question how safe it actually is." Drawing alders knife she takes the back of the knife to her palm and cuts the blue fruit in half, then into Quarters. She takes a big bite out of the meat of one of the pieces, savoring it's taste.

Dan One

Dan One

Radiance stops and turns around to face the man, casting heightened sense as he does. "Explain to me why I shouldn't turn you in or kill you for offering taboo magic." his voice low enough so that only him and the man can here it unaided by magic.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Radiance)

As you cast the spell, all your senses become highly amplified and the already loud cacaphony of indistinct voices around you, became even more loud and painful.

The smell of booze and cigarettes began assaulting your senses, seemingly coming from the cloaked figure next to you. Two different souls were present in his body, which meant he was most likely a Witcher:

"You ain't gonna do those things because you're smart" the man pointed at you:
"And you know that Taboo magic is inherently more powerful than your standard spell list.
And if you run into parasites or Rogue Witchers, they ain't gonna hesitate to use them, so you're at an inherent disadvantage from the start.
And if you intend to survive Nifelheim, you'll be wise to use every trick in the book to do so. Are you really going to let the beurocrats and their stiff rules, lead you to an early grave?"

The man poken you in the chest with his index finger and grinned with his toothless, crooked smile again:
"Plus, have I said I'll sell 'em dirt cheap?
Taboo spells are really hard to come by, if you miss your chance now, you might never get your hands on 'em again. And its not every day you get to buy one, without some bleeding heart Witcher breathing down your neck, and reading you his codex of morals.

You're a smart kid, buy one, it'll save yo' life. Trust me, I know, I survived on this rock for six decades"

(Rain)

The fruit was full of juice and tasted like a strange mix of a pear and plum.
Ursula beamed "How is it? Don't worry, this one isn't known to cause allergies."

A pair of cat spirits flew by, wildly cackling and holding a bucket full of bizarre looking fish that had porkupine spikes coming out of their backs. Shortly thereafter, you heard the shouts of an angry merchant that ran by as well, wildly swinging his fists in the air.

"Ready to get back to the ship?" Ursula asked: "We could check out their spell list"

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Rogue had stayed behind at the caravan for a bit, to make sure the stone tablet was properly secured for loading onto the ships, before he also headed down into the market separately, catching up with Rain and Ursula.

"Must make identifying the perp tricky when you can't see him?" he comments as the cat spirts pass by with their stolen fish.

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

~"Alyx, my accent is equestrian, not Soren. I'm hurt"~

She gave a glance behind her, acknowledging the people. Then, she looked at the man unwavering, speaking as fluent as possible.

"My twins taken. I seek my babies."

She looks at the line, then spoke again. "No talk time, people need ship now. We talk later about me."

Last edited by Disgruntled purple on Tue 2 Jul - 22:29; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Consistency)

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain hums quitely as she takes her place into the ships line, "Yes! These are very good! Thank you Ursula." Rain only stops a moment to watch the cat fly by. She gives a quite snicker, and continues walking, "those spirits are little troublemakers. At least they'll eat well." She places a hand on her dagger ensuring it doesn't get nicked on her way to the ship, her grip tightens on the fruit basket as well, keeping a watchful eye on those cat spirits.

Dan One

Dan One

"Maybe some other schmuck will take you up on the offer but I happen to be one of those bleeding heart Witcher's you spoke about." Radiance takes a step around the man "This sales pitch is over, don't try to follow me"

With that he walks off and makes his way back to the ship.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain seems content enough in line before noticing Radiance, "Oh Radiance! You have to try these." She holds out one of the quarters from the fruit she cut to Radiance, "Trust me! It's fantastic!" She glances over to the old man, "You know what he was selling? Seems sketchy and I feel like stiring up some trouble with the local criminals."

Dan One

Dan One

Radiance takes the piece and bites into it. Nodding his appreciation. "The first thing that comes to your mind with what's illegal here is your answer. Not worth going after though. I assume people know what he's up to and sometimes it's easier to let the drug dealer sell drugs where you can see them instead running them off and losing track. Though I may uppercut him into the water if he tries to bother me again."

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain shrugs, "Honestly I was just going to build him up until he let me see one of the products. Take it and leave. I don't think it would be too hard. Something around the lines of claiming to be one of alders close lackys, it's not like he can claim otherwise." She pats alders knife on her hip. Then her eyes fall to the guard, "I'd flash the item to the guard up there, and hand it over with the intent on throwing the dealer under the bus for being so up front about it." She smirks popping another piece of fruit into her mouth, "It'd be a good life lesson."

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(Accommodation ladder)

The hooded figure squinted at you and his expression became stone cold, akin to a statue. He continued to look at you for a painfully long momemt. By the end of, his eyes became threatening, as if he was about to attack at any moment.
Then he suddenly smiled, too quickly for it to be genuine, and stepped aside:

"Welcome aboard colleague, the Captain wishes you a pleasant journey" he said on Nifel and waved you aboard.

Alyx's thoughts were swirling so rappidly in his head, you could practically feel it. His uneasiness was slightly echoing and spilling into your own mind.
"Twilight... I don't like this" he said in a grave voice.

"Get a move on! I have children!" An older woman yelled from behind and you heard the faint cry of a baby she was carrying, wrapped in a blanket in her arms.

Johan followed and quickly stepped through:
"Vladislav of Beauclair" Johan quietly said to the hooded figure, trying to speak quickly and casually.
The hooded man gave him a sideways glance and waved him aboard as well.

"Ehehe, excuse me, I forgot something ashore" Tim sheepishly smiled to the hooded man, quickly turned and rapidly made his way back down the ladder, to the dismay and grumbling of the crowd.

(Harbor)

Ursula noticed Tim in the distance but couldn't hear the reason for the commotion from so far away. Somewhat confused, she continued the casual conversation:

"Mm, I guess he can still see the bucket floating away.." she said, looking at Rogue:
"I really should talk to the Istachi about this. I know we're in the middle of a mandated evacuation and everyone packed light, if at all, but this blatant free-for-all theft is a bit much"

She looked around, just as one of the cats floated behind Rain in her blind spot and began stretching its tiny paws towards Alders dagger.
It froze up, a few inches away from the prize and its giant round eyes met with Ursula and Rain. The spirit released a very wide, guilty smile, then immediately darted into the crowd.

"EY!!" Ursula screamed, raising her fist: "..I swear to god"

She looked at Radiance as he approached and waved to him.

The hunched over, cloaked man begrudgingly traced Radiance with his eyes, spit on the ground and limped out of sight, seemlessly blending into the crowd.

Ursula listened to the conversation for a bit, then looked at Rain:
"D-damn mom, that's.. hard core"
She's looking up at Rain with admiration.

Tim finally managed to push his way through the crowd and came up to you. Wiping the sweat from his ghostly pale face, he quickly began to speak in a hushed voice:

"Don't tell anyone your real names. Don't speak Soren next to the White Lotus men either. If anyone asks, you're from the outskirts of Beauclair, you understand?" He's intently looking at you.

"What's wrong" Kaylee asked seriously.

"I don't know" Tim shook his head: "Just a precaution, I don't want to take any chances.
Maybe I'm just paranoid"
He looked back towards the ship. A few dozen meters away, at the top of the accomodation ladder, the White Lotus guard was looking right at Tim.

Tim froze up. The guard looked away and continued to slowly wave the crowd aboard the ship.

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:

(Harbor)

Ursula noticed Tim in the distance but couldn't hear the reason for the commotion from so far away. Somewhat confused, she continued the casual conversation:

"Mm, I guess he can still see the bucket floating away.." she said, looking at Rogue:
"I really should talk to the Istachi about this. I know we're in the middle of a mandated evacuation and everyone packed light, if at all, but this blatant free-for-all theft is a bit much"

She looked around, just as one of the cats floated behind Rain in her blind spot and began stretching its tiny paws towards Alders dagger.
It froze up, a few inches away from the prize and its giant round eyes met with Ursula and Rain. The spirit released a very wide, guilty smile, then immediately darted into the crowd.

"EY!!" Ursula screamed, raising her fist: "..I swear to god"

She looked at Radiance as he approached and waved to him.

The hunched over, cloaked man begrudgingly traced Radiance with his eyes, spit on the ground and limped out of sight, seemlessly blending into the crowd.

Ursula listened to the conversation for a bit, then looked at Rain:
"D-damn mom, that's.. hard core"
She's looking up at Rain with admiration.

Tim finally managed to push his way through the crowd and came up to you. Wiping the sweat from his ghostly pale face, he quickly began to speak in a hushed voice:

"Don't tell anyone your real names. Don't speak Soren next to the White Lotus men either. If anyone asks, you're from the outskirts of Beauclair, you understand?" He's intently looking at you.

"What's wrong" Kaylee asked seriously.

"I don't know" Tim shook his head: "Just a precaution, I don't want to take any chances.
Maybe I'm just paranoid"
He looked back towards the ship. A few dozen meters away, at the top of the accomodation ladder, the White Lotus guard was looking right at Tim.

Tim froze up. The guard looked away and continued to slowly wave the crowd aboard the ship.

"So I guess we should all agree between ourselves on fake names and cover stories, so we don't accidentally blow each other's cover by not knowing?" Rogue suggests.

"What're some good examples of Nifel names and careers we could use?" he asks Ursula.

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"I am sure your just paranoid Tim." She shrugs, "However if you guys are going to play along I will too." Her eyes meet the guards as he's staring at Tim, her gaze is intense, she suddenly cracks a smile and gives the hooded guard a little wave as she approaches the ship, she clears her throat, she speaks in her best Nifle, dropping her hardass act in a snap, her stance and voice changes to a bright and bouncy woman,  "My name is Valerie Richards! I am a Botnist from the forests in Beauclair!" She gives a bright and kind smile, she quickly grabs Ursula and pulls her over, "This young lady saved my life after a parasite attack on my cottage! All of my plants lost! Lost I tell you!" She throws her head back distraught, "My life's work on this island destroyed in a day! Do tell me sir guard! Is there any hope for a botanist like me to restart in the mainland?"

Last edited by C̷O̴N̴S̶U̸M̵E̵ on Wed 3 Jul - 20:01; edited 1 time in total

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

C̷O̴N̴S̶U̸M̵E̵ wrote:"I am sure your just paranoid Tim." She shrugs, "However if you guys are going to play along I will too." Her eyes meet the guards as he's staring at Tim, her gaze is intense, she suddenly cracks a smile and gives the hooded guard a little wave as she approaches the ship, she clears her throat, she speaks in her best Nifle, dropping her hardass act in a snap, her stance and voice changes to a bright and bouncy woman,  "My name is Valerie Richards! I am a Botnist from the forests in Beauclair!" She gives a bright and kind smile, "Would you like some fruit sir guard?" She gives a slight bow as she hands off a piece of fruit.

"... Or we could just improvise and roll with it" Rogue shrugs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum