The Pony Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Digital Waltz - Part 2

+2
Dan One
Disgruntled purple
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 32]

126Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 24 Nov - 11:05

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The Bakery)

"...what" Madelyn asked, looking at Oboro in confusion: "...t-the Neurochip should be broken now.. the Spider should be free.."

"Do robots even need food?" Mira asked in confusion: "Like, organic food?"

"...I.. don't believe so?" Madelyn slowly answered, unsure.

Inside the bakery, the Spider was standing in front of a long counter and loudly devouring whatever pies and baguettes were laying there. It was emitting very vivid munching noises, even though her jaws couldn't physically produce that sound.

As Rain called out to her, the Spider froze up and slowly looked at Rain. With a bunch of pastries still stuck between her jaws, the robot somehow managed to look like it was caught red handed, doing something it shouldn't be.

"...Cookie?"

A young woman's voice echoed out of the Spider and it loudly swallowed whatever food was still left in her jaws. A few 'Nom Nom' noises emitted out of her head gears. You get the feeling she's emitting the sound deliberately.

The robot finished munching the food and the armor plates on her face rearranged somehow, to emote a smiley face:  (✿◕ヮ◕)  

"Cookie!" the Spider happily called, looking at Rain. Its legs slowly moved and it carefully tip-toed a bit closer, looking at the pegasus with the same oddly emoted smile.

Last edited by Kaylee Brown on Fri 24 Nov - 11:09; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)

https://ultimate.forumotion.com

127Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 24 Nov - 11:05

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The Court House)

"BACK OFF!!!" The Spider hysterically shrieked: "WHERE THE HELL WHERE THESE INNOCENT PEOPLE, WHEN I WAS THE ONE GETTING HURT!?! SCREW THEM, I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!!!"

Her head slowly turned, like an animal that just zero-ed in on its pray, and the Spider charged right through the main hall, ramming one of the walls to the office cubicles.

"MAGNUSON YOU FUCKING PRICK!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME!!!" The Spider hysterically shrieked tearing off a piece of the wall and violently hurling it across the main lobby.

You noticed a man in his late fifties, cowering on the floor in front of the Spider, attempting to crawl back and cover his face with both hands. He didn't change much, since you saw him on TV a few months back.
Mr. Magnuson, the lawyer that defended the Heroes of Adelheid and won the Slavegear case.

"Please... Please!" Magnuson called in horror, crawling back on the floor: "I.. I don't know what you're talking about!"

His words sent the Spider into a blind frenzy. It bit off another large chunk of the wall and violently hurled it away:

"DON'T FUCKING LIE TO ME!!!" The Spider shrieked in hysteria:
"GIVE IT BACK!!! I WANT MY BODY BACK! I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!! I WANT IT BACK - NOOOOOOOOOOW!!!"

Tomas was sprinting up the steps of the Court House, as fast as his legs carried him. The hidden blade already drawn.

Amy's voice quietly echoed over the earpiece, notifying Angelo that she got his request.

Sprinting up the steps with you, you suddenly notice a familiar figure.

A girl with a white pelt and purple dress. She looked just like the poster you've seen in the Labyrinth, and just like the dancer you've seen at the clubs.

Emerald was sprinting up the steps with unnatural, inhuman speed. Her legs leaving small cracks in the pavement.

As she passed you, she briefly glanced at everyone and quietly muttered: "...what have you done.. there's a reason they come with a Neurochip"

Tomas visibly grimaced, as Emerald passed him. They briefly exchanged glaces, before the girl sprinted ahead, moving much faster than seemed humanly possible.

Emerald was headed straight for the Spider.

128Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 24 Nov - 12:41

Dan One

Dan One

(Naomi)
Raising both hands up in the air like she's invisibly holding two stress balls Naomi's face goes slightly red. She lets out an exasperated sigh.

(Frost)
Bring both arms up and hands together Frost directs the small storm she had conjured in her hands directly at the spider. Coating it's entire front section in a sheet of magically charged ice. Her clothing now alight with runic-like symbols.

129Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 24 Nov - 17:33

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Oboro, Arnold)

"I'm not entirely sure how this happened myself, but I think the chip did break." She scrathed her head. "Which then, possibly, gave back control of that person's original mind... Which seems to be a kid." Her face and gestures made showed she wasn't entirely too sure about it either.

Arnold frowned. "You don't know for sure?"

"I'm not a scientist or a genius, Arnold." The blue mare said. "Not even the brains of this group. Well, it's all I can out together from this."She waves at the robot with the child-like behaviour. "... Though, it may explain a few things... Perhaps... We can put together what has happened to those missing in the past."

Arnold turned to Naomi. "Sorry, but could you bear with being in the dark a little longer? We'll catch you up, promise."

( Angelo)

"Wait, that's the woman from the poster! We must get her! She knows the drill!" He draws his weapon. "Get her alive!"

130Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 24 Nov - 18:08

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain tilts her head and cant help but smile, she grunts from the brusing on her stomich she picks up a plate of cookies off the floor, "be a good girl and i'll give you cookies ok?" she pulls a cookie from off the plate and reaches out to the spiders massive jaws, "please... Dont bite me..." she chuckles nervously.

131Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 24 Nov - 19:13

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The Bakery)

"A child?!" Madelyn exclaimed, horrified: "No... that's awful.."

"Cookie!" The Spider happily nodded twice and slowly approached. For a several ton machine, her movement was very precise and gentle.

She carefully reached out and nom-ed the cookie with its jaws, that could probably tear a tank in half.
Straightening up and munching a bit, the Spider swallowed, then looked at Rain again with a happy smile.

She seems to be waiting for you to say something.

132Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 24 Nov - 19:14

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The Court House)

"Better move fast darling" Emerald called out to Angelo, briefly spinning in place and blowing a kiss to him. Carried by the momentum, she twirled in place for a second. A blue hologram ribbon appeared over her body, before it vanished again and she continued sprinting ahead.

The next second, an actual Rumba vacuum cleaner suddenly stopped mopping the carpet at the entrance lobby, and unpredictably darted right under Angelo's feet. The little machine waited until the last possible second, before hurling itself at Angelo's foot, making him trip and loose balance.

After passing Angelo, the vacuum cleaner continued rolling in a straight line and fell down the steps of the Court House.

The Spider emitted a deranged shriek, as its body began to be covered in ice. Its massive legs continued to move, powered by a powerful engine and the ice began shattering in several places:

"AAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!! FUCK OFF!!!" The Spider barked, suddenly kicking Frost in the stomach, with one of its massive legs, sending her flying a few meters back.

Its head slowly turned, zeroing in on Magnuson, who tried crawling away again.

"...Give me my body back... PUT ME BACK OR I'll TEAR YOU APART!!!" She shrieked at the man, baring her jaws and smashing her legs on the ground.

"I can't!!" Magnuson shrieked in panic: "I can't help you! I don't know what you're talking about!-"

"WRONG ANSWER!!!" The Spider shrieked, before it lunged forward, baring its teeth. You heard Magnuson's horrified scream, before it suddenly cut off, with a snap of the metal jaws.

As his remains fell to the floor, the Spider lifted its head and emitted a long, outraged shriek that almost made the windows shatter in the vicinity.

Emerald popped into view and came to a sharp stop, a dozen meters away from the robot. The Spider bared its jaws and looked at her.

"Amber. Good to see you again" Emerald coldly said, looking up at the Spider: "Are you done with your tantrum?"

"Done?.... hhhhhhaaahahahahaa... I'm just getting STARTED!!!" The Spider hysterically shrieked.

"The other members of the Digital Waltz, do you have their identities?" Emerald coldly asked.

"No! No they purged my system too quickly..." The Spider started maniacly laughing again: "But that's okay!... that's okay... they're all locked up in this city!!.. They can't leave!... hhahahaAAHAHAA... so All I have To do.... Is
KILL - EVERYONE"

"You're being a hindrance" Emerald muttered through gritted teeth. Her stare cold.

"FUCK YOU, YOU VAPID WHORE!!!" The Spider shrieked at her: "YOU CHOSE MADELYN OVER ME!!! SHE GOT TO HAPPILY FROLIC AROUND THE CITY, WHILE I CONTINUED TO SUFFER!!!"

"The decision was calculated. She was the best candidate" Emerald frowned.

"DON'T BULLSHIT MEEEE!!!" The Spider violently smashed its legs into the floor: "YOU KNEW WHO HER DAUGHTER IS, THAT'S WHY YOU PICKED HER!!! DID YOU THINK IT WOULD CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR JUDGEMENT, WHEN SHE FOUND OUT WHAT YOU DID?! THAT SHE WOULD BE MERCIFUL?!

DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH! YOU, COLD, CALCULATING MONSTER!"
" The Spider hysterically shrieked, emitting a brief sob.

"...calm down Amber" Emerald muttered.

"No.." The Spider exhaled: "...I'm gonna make them pay... I'm gonna make them all pay... I'll kill everyone... EVERYONE IN THIS FUCKING CITY!!!"

"By marching down the street and personally killing everyone in sight? Unlikely to succeed" Emerald coldly replied: "...your logic is flawed... you're being hindrance.
Stop. Or I'll make you stop"

"FUCK YOU!!!" The Spider shrieked and sent out one of its legs at Emerald, trying to stab her. Emerald jumped almost 5 meters into the air. It didn't seem humanly possible.

133Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 24 Nov - 19:23

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

"You wanna go on an adventure!" rain says with a smile a tad uneasy with the powerful jaws as she holds out another cookie, she looks over to maddie with a nervous smile before turning her gaze back to the massive spider.

134Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 24 Nov - 19:29

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The Bakery)

"Cookie Cookie!" The Spider happily nodded and munched on the second treat.

"Hey... hi" Madelyn sheepishly called, slowly approached and nodding to both Rain and the Spider: "How are you feeling? Can you tell me your name?"

"Cookie!" The robot happily exclaimed, emoting a smiley over its head.

"Cookie?.." Madelyn slowly repeated.

"Cookie Cookie!!" The Spider nodded twice. Its round eyes zeroed in on Madelyn and it suddenly gasped:
"O HAI MADDIE! Good to see you again!"

"..uuh.. again?" Madelyn quietly asked.

"Ya ya, we've been messing with the UNN server data just this morning together" The Spider happily said: "But then you were unplugged and Cookie was lonely... buuaah..." The Spider lowered its head, emoting a crying smiley.

135Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 24 Nov - 20:04

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Oboro, Arnold)

"This keeps getting more and more messed up." The blue mare whispered. "But it might be a good lead."

The male nodded. "Let's talk to him."

(Angelo)

When the device tripped him, he rolled after the fall, minimizing the damage. He presses his earpiece. "I got an update. Magnuson has been made into a snack. The name of his killer is Amber. A dancer just arrived."

He observed the fight, looking for an opening.

136Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Fri 24 Nov - 20:36

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

She leans over and gives maddie a cookie, "just give it to her..." she huffs, "so you know maddie! And your name is cookie!"

She clears her throat, "so uh... Cookie... How about... We go for a walk!" she says with a smile.

137Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 25 Nov - 9:16

Dan One

Dan One

(Naomi)
Another sigh escapes her mouth, this one more sounding like reluctant agreement. Letting her arms drop in in defeat Naomi steps over to the counter, picks up a knocked over bar stool and takes a seat. She grabs one of the cookies and starts to look it over, examine what it is made of. Occasionally glancing up at the childlike robot to see what is going to happen.

(Frost)
Frost grunted as the attack hit her. Landing with about as much grace as a brick, but still managing to stay on her feet. A new miniature blizzard appearing on her palms and starting to slowly builds outward.

Without a word she directs the blizzard at the Ambers' legs, flash freezing the air around them in order to give the others around her an edge.

138Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 25 Nov - 13:45

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Radiance/Naomi wrote:(Naomi)
Another sigh escapes her mouth, this one more sounding like reluctant agreement. Letting her arms drop in in defeat Naomi steps over to the counter, picks up a knocked over bar stool and takes a seat. She grabs one of the cookies and starts to look it over, examine what it is made of. Occasionally glancing up at the childlike robot to see what is going to happen.

(Frost)
Frost grunted as the attack hit her. Landing with about as much grace as a brick, but still managing to stay on her feet. A new miniature blizzard appearing on her palms and starting to slowly builds outward.

Without a word she directs the blizzard at the Ambers' legs, flash freezing the air around them in order to give the others around her an edge.

"Stand down!" Rogue shouts to Frost, as he restrains her hands with a small forcefield, to stop her attacking.

139Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 25 Nov - 13:49

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(The Court House)

"Better move fast darling" Emerald called out to Angelo, briefly spinning in place and blowing a kiss to him. Carried by the momentum, she twirled in place for a second. A blue hologram ribbon appeared over her body, before it vanished again and she continued sprinting ahead.

The next second, an actual Rumba vacuum cleaner suddenly stopped mopping the carpet at the entrance lobby, and unpredictably darted right under Angelo's feet. The little machine waited until the last possible second, before hurling itself at Angelo's foot, making him trip and loose balance.

After passing Angelo, the vacuum cleaner continued rolling in a straight line and fell down the steps of the Court House.

The Spider emitted a deranged shriek, as its body began to be covered in ice. Its massive legs continued to move, powered by a powerful engine and the ice began shattering in several places:

"AAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!! FUCK OFF!!!" The Spider barked, suddenly kicking Frost in the stomach, with one of its massive legs, sending her flying a few meters back.

Its head slowly turned, zeroing in on Magnuson, who tried crawling away again.

"...Give me my body back... PUT ME BACK OR I'll TEAR YOU APART!!!" She shrieked at the man, baring her jaws and smashing her legs on the ground.

"I can't!!" Magnuson shrieked in panic: "I can't help you! I don't know what you're talking about!-"

"WRONG ANSWER!!!" The Spider shrieked, before it lunged forward, baring its teeth. You heard Magnuson's horrified scream, before it suddenly cut off, with a snap of the metal jaws.

As his remains fell to the floor, the Spider lifted its head and emitted a long, outraged shriek that almost made the windows shatter in the vicinity.

Emerald popped into view and came to a sharp stop, a dozen meters away from the robot. The Spider bared its jaws and looked at her.

"Amber. Good to see you again" Emerald coldly said, looking up at the Spider: "Are you done with your tantrum?"

"Done?.... hhhhhhaaahahahahaa... I'm just getting STARTED!!!" The Spider hysterically shrieked.

"The other members of the Digital Waltz, do you have their identities?" Emerald coldly asked.

"No! No they purged my system too quickly..." The Spider started maniacly laughing again: "But that's okay!... that's okay... they're all locked up in this city!!.. They can't leave!... hhahahaAAHAHAA... so All I have To do.... Is
KILL - EVERYONE"

"You're being a hindrance" Emerald muttered through gritted teeth. Her stare cold.

"FUCK YOU, YOU VAPID WHORE!!!" The Spider shrieked at her: "YOU CHOSE MADELYN OVER ME!!! SHE GOT TO HAPPILY FROLIC AROUND THE CITY, WHILE I CONTINUED TO SUFFER!!!"

"The decision was calculated. She was the best candidate" Emerald frowned.

"DON'T BULLSHIT MEEEE!!!" The Spider violently smashed its legs into the floor: "YOU KNEW WHO HER DAUGHTER IS, THAT'S WHY YOU PICKED HER!!! DID YOU THINK IT WOULD CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR JUDGEMENT, WHEN SHE FOUND OUT WHAT YOU DID?! THAT SHE WOULD BE MERCIFUL?!

DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH! YOU, COLD, CALCULATING MONSTER!"
" The Spider hysterically shrieked, emitting a brief sob.

"...calm down Amber" Emerald muttered.

"No.." The Spider exhaled: "...I'm gonna make them pay... I'm gonna make them all pay... I'll kill everyone... EVERYONE IN THIS FUCKING CITY!!!"

"By marching down the street and personally killing everyone in sight? Unlikely to succeed" Emerald coldly replied: "...your logic is flawed... you're being hindrance.
Stop. Or I'll make you stop"

"FUCK YOU!!!" The Spider shrieked and sent out one of its legs at Emerald, trying to stab her. Emerald jumped almost 5 meters into the air. It didn't seem humanly possible.

"You two, calm down, stop fighting!" Rogue pleads at Amber and Emerald "Whatever's going on, we can deal with it like adults. I get the feeling we're all on the same side here, so it only makes sense for us to work together!"

Last edited by Rogue Fire on Sat 25 Nov - 13:59; edited 2 times in total

140Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 25 Nov - 13:53

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Blue, blonde and purple wrote:(Oboro, Arnold)

"I'm not entirely sure how this happened myself, but I think the chip did break." She scrathed her head. "Which then, possibly, gave back control of that person's original mind... Which seems to be a kid." Her face and gestures made showed she wasn't entirely too sure about it either.

Arnold frowned. "You don't know for sure?"

"I'm not a scientist or a genius, Arnold." The blue mare said. "Not even the brains of this group. Well, it's all I can out together from this."She waves at the robot with the child-like behaviour. "... Though, it may explain a few things... Perhaps... We can put together what has happened to those missing in the past."

Arnold turned to Naomi. "Sorry, but could you bear with being in the dark a little longer? We'll catch you up, promise."

( Angelo)

"Wait, that's the woman from the poster! We must get her! She knows the drill!" He draws his weapon. "Get her alive!"

"That goes for you too, hold back, keep an eye on 'Ice Queen' here" Rogue asks Angelo, indicating to Frost.

141Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 25 Nov - 20:45

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The Bakery)

"Okay!" The Spider emoted a happy smiley with the armor plates on its face.

Off to the side, Dr. Zarovee was carefully watching everything that has happened. His expression was grave. After several moments he looked at Mira and quietly spoke. His voice could be heard over Mira's earpiece:

"...the Spider Tank... its not a robot, is it"

"I don't know" Mira shook her head: "Never seen a robot behave like that. Presenting consciousness, emotion. Could this be an A.I.? A true Artificial Intelligence?"

"A.I. is impossible, Miss Lerner, you know that" Zarovee gravely sighed, looking at the robot:
"It... she... is presenting human behavior. You can't emulate something like that. Not to this extent.
I have.. a few suspicions of what this might be. All equally horrifying.

But if my suspicion is true, I'm starting to understand why they blew up my lab. This... this is a war crime... If I had my lab equipment, I could've run a few scans, determine the exact nature of this.. Spider Tank... and Mrs. Madelyn...

Scans of that nature, could potentially serve as irrefutable evidence, of whatever horror they were subjected to. How convenient then, for our adversaries, that my laboratory was blown up"

"Is there nothing else we can do?" Mira asked with a fallen voice: "There has to be other options! A different lab, or... or a place were we could run the same scans"

"...well, there's one place I know" Zarovee quietly said: "...A woman named Lei Yan, the director of Lavender Cybernetics. A leading corporation in cybernetic and robotic manufacturing. They make products both for civilian work and for the military.

Half of your cybernetics were made there. As well as the Police Issued Spider Tanks" Zarovee sighed:
"...Its hard for me to believe that Lei Yan doesn't know anything about.. this" he slightly nodded towards the Spider:

"...Her penthouse isn't far from here. She may be at home at this hour.
Lei Yan uses one of her own products. A cybernetic arm. She needs to have equipment at home, to maintain it.

I believe its reasonable to assume that, she may have the necessary equipment at home, to run a few basic scans on the Spider and Madelyn... maybe even a way to remove the block on her memory"

Madelyn's ears perked and she immediately turned around: "...we're going there" she anxiously said to Zarovee: "We're going there now"

"Yaaay! Going for an Adventure!" The Spider slightly jumped in place, making the whole street shake:
"Lets go guys! I haven't done anything this exciting for the past 4 decades! (✿◕ヮ◕) "

Last edited by Kaylee Brown on Sat 25 Nov - 20:55; edited 3 times in total

142Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 25 Nov - 20:45

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The Court House)

"She's not thinking straight. She's been cooked up in the Labyrinth for too long" Emerald called, loudly landing back on the floor and making a huge leap to the side.

The Spider was wildly swinging its legs, trying to swipe anyone it could reach. Its legs began moving slower, as pockets of ice began to form over their joints. It became entirely focused on Emerald and started slowly following her, as Emerald leaped further and further away.

With another inhuman jump, Emerald landed a good 10 meters away from the Spider and suddenly started to dance. A blue holographic ribbon appeared over her body and began moving in rhythm, accompanying Emeralds moves.
Her eyes remained fixated on the giant machine.

"AS IF I'D LET YOU!!!" the Spider shrieked, hurling itself off the ground and towards Emerald.

The blue hologram vanished and Emerald jumped out of the way, just as the robot had crashed on the spot where she danced a minute ago.

"Don't let her interrupt me!" Emerald called, starting to dance again. Another blue hologram appearing over her arms: "I'll safely disable her, just keep her off me!"

"WARNING! WARNING! WA-WA-WA-WARNING!" The Spider briefly froze up, as a seemingly automated message began loudly echoing out of its head:
"INTRUSION ATTEMPT DETECTED! ENGAGING COUNTERMEASURES" The machine zeroed in on Emerald again and emitted a deafening outraged shriek.

Emerald only smirked: "Can't dance with that chassis, can you" she laughed, twirling in place, enveloped by the blue hologram.

"I'LL BREAK YOUR FAAAACE!!!" The Spider shrieked, charging at her again. Its movements somewhat slowed down by the ice on its joints.

143Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 25 Nov - 21:04

Rogue Fire

Rogue Fire

Kaylee Brown wrote:(The Court House)

"She's not thinking straight. She's been cooked up in the Labyrinth for too long" Emerald called, loudly landing back on the floor and making a huge leap to the side.

The Spider was wildly swinging its legs, trying to swipe anyone it could reach. Its legs began moving slower, as pockets of ice began to form over their joints. It became entirely focused on Emerald and started slowly following her, as Emerald leaped further and further away.

With another inhuman jump, Emerald landed a good 10 meters away from the Spider and suddenly started to dance. A blue holographic ribbon appeared over her body and began moving in rhythm, accompanying Emeralds moves.
Her eyes remained fixated on the giant machine.

"AS IF I'D LET YOU!!!" the Spider shrieked, hurling itself off the ground and towards Emerald.

The blue hologram vanished and Emerald jumped out of the way, just as the robot had crashed on the spot where she danced a minute ago.

"Don't let her interrupt me!" Emerald called, starting to dance again. Another blue hologram appearing over her arms: "I'll safely disable her, just keep her off me!"

"WARNING! WARNING! WA-WA-WA-WARNING!" The Spider briefly froze up, as a seemingly automated message began loudly echoing out of its head:
"INTRUSION ATTEMPT DETECTED! ENGAGING COUNTERMEASURES" The machine zeroed in on Emerald again and emitted a deafening outraged shriek.

Emerald only smirked: "Can't dance with that chassis, can you" she laughed, twirling in place, enveloped by the blue hologram.

"I'LL BREAK YOUR FAAAACE!!!" The Spider shrieked, charging at her again. Its movements somewhat slowed down by the ice on its joints.

"As long as she's not harmed" Rogue nods to Emerald, and then releases the forcefield around Frost's hands. "Not. Harmed." he reminds her.

144Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sat 25 Nov - 21:10

Some Sinner

Some Sinner

Rain opens her wings and gives a few good flaps before landing on the spiders head, "Can i ride you there cookie! I mean... You are a... Big... Spider..." she crouches down letting out a laugh, "good gosh you are addorable."

145Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Sun 26 Nov - 21:28

Dan One

Dan One

(Frost)
Frost turns and looks at Rogue for a second and just gives him a nod. She then focuses her attention on the scene in front of her. From the single strapped bag hanging off her shoulder, Frost pulls out a leather tome opening it up.

A few seconds later an aura appears about Frost, it looks contrastingly warm compared to her skin. Moments later, those who are fighting against Amber feel a warm sensation flow through their body.

A portion of the day's exhaustion disappearing and being replaced with new energy.

(Naomi)
"And we're sure this place just won't be blown up like the last one?" Naomi asks with a degree of skepticism and worry, "What if someone else unknowingly...or knowingly dropped off a bomb there?"

146Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Mon 27 Nov - 20:48

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

// Hey everyone, sorry for the delay, my computer decided to die last night >.<

I'll try to hijack a computer in the college library tomorrow, hopefully will post somewhere in the afternoon.

Not sure how long until my pc's fixed, but worst come to worst, I'll keep the rp updated via cellphone (plz excuse possible typos, the keyboard is really small there  cat )

Anyways, hope everyone is doing well and have a good week =)

147Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 28 Nov - 18:59

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The Bakery)

"Okaay!" The Spider happily raised its front legs and wiggled them in the air for a bit, like a horse.

"Once we reach our destination, we'll have to thoroughly scan the perimeter for suspicious objects" Madelyn said, thinking: "In addition, someone will have to stand outside on watch, make sure no one approaches and does something funny.
This may be the only chance of restoring my memory. I'm going for it.

I have to remember and find my daughter! Not to mention, if Clopin is right, something inside my memory can save this city... somehow.
We're out of options."

Mira looked at the giant Spider and slightly grimaced: "...moving like this.. will.. draw attention. If our adversaries are looking for us, they'll track us quite easily"

"That's okay!" The Spider said with excitement: "We'll go there, using the subway!
Maddie! All you have to do is hack into the subway network and cancel the trains heading toward out destination!
That should free up the underground tunnel and let us move through it, unseen and unhindered!"

"Hack?.. but.. I don't have a computer.." Madelyn slowly said in confusion: "..and besides.. if the Digital Waltz is real and constantly watching everything, won't they notice me messing around with the subway network?"

"You just have to cover your tracks Maddie (◕ヮ◕) " The Spider emoted a smiley: "And don't worry about not having a laptop.
There is a super computer, inside your head Maddie. Its processing power can allow you to breach military grade firewalls in sheer seconds. It can edit hundreds of data lines on countless networks, simultaneously.
You can edit the subway train schedule, make the security camera's loop and erase your digital footprints, at the same time"

"But... how?" Madelyn called in desperate confusion: "A human mind cannot process information that fast. Our cognitive abilities are limited. No matter how hard we try, there's things we can't do, its like...  solving 50 Rubik's cubes, simultaneously!"

"Your brain isn't made of biological matter, Maddie" The Spider quietly said, releasing an encouraging smile:
"Its computerized. You have the vast power of a super computer, at your fingertips, you just have to tap into its processing power"

"But how will it work?" Madelyn asked, almost crying: "Even if my brain is a computer, my consciousness is still human! How can I comprehend running a million tasks, at the same time and stay sane!"

"That's simple! You have to dance Maddie" The Spider said, grinning.

As Madelyn's eyes slowly widened, the Spider nodded several times, its voice becoming gentle and encouraging:

"By occupying the creative lobe of your brain, you can allow your subconsciousness to run fast processing tasks in the background, without loosing your mind.

It will grant you the processing power of an A.I. ... even though you're not one" The Spider emoted a bright smile:
"You just need to dance Maddie, you can do it!"

Off to the side, Mira slowly exhaled. Her eyes widening in realization: "Oh my god... Emerald!.."

148Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 28 Nov - 18:59

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The Court House)

"I'LL END ALL OF YOUUU!!!" The Spider was shrieking at the top of its lungs: "I'LL TEAR YOU APART!!!"

Tomas tried to lash out at one of its legs, fruitlessly slashing the razor sharp limb with the concealed blade in his arm.
The Spider turned toward him and turned its legs into a flurry, attempting to stab Tomas with all six of its limbs.

Emerald was still dancing in place, some distance away. It wasn't just random motion, it looked like a well rehearsed play. Each move was incredibly fluent and graceful. Even at the heat of battle, it seemed she lived every moment of it, breathing life into each step and move she took.

She danced from the bottom of her heart, just like she did on the stage, when you first saw her. The blue hologram of a ribbon, projecting out of her palms, enveloped her as she twirled.

The struggle with the Spider began taking its toll. Tom was visibly out of breath and began to slip on the floor. The constant dodging of the razor sharp limbs of the machine, had significantly worn him down, even with Frosts magic.

With another move, he slipped hard and fell on his back. The Spider roared, lifting its leg in preparation for a strike and its head suddenly jerked upward:

"WARNING! EMERGENCY FAIL-SAFE SHUTDOWN - INITIATED! UNIT, SHUTTING DOWN"

A series of wailing mechanical noises escaped out of the Spiders carcass, as it slowly sat on the ground and its body went numb.
As its head lowered and the red eyes went dark, Emerald gracefully paused her dance and leaped onto the spiders head.

She pressed something on its armor plate and several moments later, a brilliant blue microchip slowly popped out of the Spiders head.

Emerald smiled and gently took the blue chip into her palm. It shined brightly in the lights of the setting sun and sent small blue shadows across the floor of the court house.

Gently and very carefully, Emerald hid the blue microchip in her pocket and looked at you. Her incredibly wide smile suggested she was very proud of herself:

"Thanks for the backup" she called: "Without you, this would've ended much uglier. Tomas would've had a few more holes in his stomach, for one"

She looked energetic and upbeat. The battle didn't seem to lower her mood.

Tomas on the other hand looked pale and rattled. The events of the past several minutes, clearly left him deeply concerned.

149Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 28 Nov - 20:28

Disgruntled purple

Disgruntled purple

(Oboro, Arnold)

The two of them stand there dumbfounded.

"We... Could have prevented this alltogether..." Arnold starts.

"If we got her at the start?" Oboro finishes.

The two look at eachother. Then, Arnold slowly facepalms while Oboro flails in anger.

"ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!"

(Angelo)

He looks at the now dead spider, then to her. His eyes narrow, from his angle it could be by the sun."

"Nice to meet you, Sophie. Why don't we catch up on today with some coffee?"

150Digital Waltz - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 Tue 28 Nov - 21:13

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown
Admin

(The Bakery)

"Emerald, huh..." Mira grimaced: "Both times, we received a report about a hacker in the dance club. Both times, Emerald was seen dancing there.

Coupled with everything we've learned today, she is Clopin's hacker. There's no doubt.

She initiates a hacking sequence, by dancing. Has the processing power of an A.I. And if she's working with Clopin, then she has the same objective:

Protect Madelyn and Stop the Digital Waltz"

Mira looked at you, with a serious expression: "Catching Emerald or hindering her activities in any way, would have likely resulted in our immediate death.

She was likely watching over us, this entire time. Working feverishly behind the scenes. Hacking into everything she could reach, to cover our tracks and conceal our movements from the Digital Waltz.

She was likely doing her best, and we still got ambushed behind every corner.

Can you imagine what it would be like, if Emerald wasn't there? A person with a super computer in her head, safe guarding us, every step of the way?"

Mira became grim: "We would've been dead, hours ago. We likely would've never made it out of the Council Building. Her constant interventions, with the Centipede and the ambush before the Labyrinth, is a living proof of her actions.

For better or worse, she's our ally"

"Yes, but, for how long" Madelyn quietly said: "She and Clopin took hostages. We mustn't forget that"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum